Guys!!!! Guuuuuuyyyysss!!! I think I found some gems here!! Quite a few recent releases that I have never seen before (not even for my main new release lists) but that sound SO awesome. Not just recommendations, but like… I dunno. Books that I have no IDEA how I missed and how I’m not hearing about them.
They all have plenty of GREAT reviews, super-sounding unique stories and blurbs that have mostly all *jolted* me. All I can think is that maybe it’s due to them being new fairly new releases, and with the influx of new books coming out in droves, they were simply… overlooked? Actually, for me… not even seen. Until today. Gah!!! I hope there are some mega-squees amongst this bunch. I can’t imagine anything less.
Like… how can I possibly resist The Voyeur Next Door (he’s jaded & reclusive and she watches him through her window), Made You Up (she’s a paranoid schizophrenic and she makes a friend), Darker Water (because Kandace went nuts for it and she and I have very similar book taste), Where One Goes (she falls in love with a dead guy… my heart hurts already for this one), If (she falls for a homeless guy), plus quite a few troubled marriage (read: super-romance-angst) books below…
And of course. The reader recommendations that are highly recommended. Everything’s been noted below. 😀
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Beyond Innocence (Beyond, Book #6) by Kit Rocha <— JUST RELEASED SUPER SEXY ALERT!!! This is that super-steamy erotica/dystopian series (book #1 blew my mind!! Here’s my review) and MichelleS is a fan, saying: “This series is awesome! Love it. Very erotic dystopian, but amazing characters. Highly recommend this one. Not for the faint of heart. Debauchery alert!“
- Off Base by Tessa Bailey & Sophie Jordan <— JUST RELEASED!!
- The Magnolia Affair by T.A. Foster <— JUST RELEASED/TROUBLE MARRIAGE ALERT!! “It was idyllic. It was serene. Until Paxton Tanner, candidate for the state senate, moved in next door…“
- Bayou Stix Series: Bayou Stix Limited Edition Box Set by Skye Turner <— JUST RELEASED ROCK STARS ALERT!! ENTIRE series bundled at a great price!!
- Made You Up by Francesca Zappia <— JUST RELEASED SHE’S A PARANOID SCHIZOPHRENIC ALERT!!! Sounds like one of those intense YA (but mature) reads. “Alex is starting her senior year at a new high school, making a clean start after an incident at her previous school. She just wants to keep her grades up and perform her mandatory community service so she can get into college. But Alex knows she’ll have a hard time achieving these goals, since she has paranoid schizophrenia. She keeps her illness to herself, hoping that between her doctor, her medication, and her own homegrown coping strategies, no one else need ever know. But on her first day at her new school, she meets a boy who looks exactly like someone she hallucinated on the day her illness first manifested 10 years earlier…“
- Unruly by Cora Brent <— SOUNDS MEGA ROMANCE ANGSTY ALERT! And it’s recently released and a great price! “I was going home. Not forever; only long enough to watch my eternally irresponsible father marry a girl who happened to be my childhood enemy. There were no plans to embark on some crazy sex odyssey with a wild nineteen-year old baseball player…“
- Darker Water (Once and Forever Book 1) by Lauren Stewart <— KANDACE LOVES IT ALERT!! On SUPERSALE and highly recommended by Kandace who says: “I read this book earlier this year and loved it hard. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It has a little bit of everything we love. It’s sexy and funny.”
- Fear of Falling by S.L. Jennings <— on SUPERSALE ’cause book #2 will be out in just a couple of days! And Patty LOVED it! “What a beautifully written novel filled with so many emotions I haven’t quite been the same since reading it! I cried, my heart teared apart, I smiled, I fell madly in love with Blaine! He is a real, true Man!“
- CARNAGE: Book #1 The Story Of Us by Lesley Jones <— TEARJERKER ALERT!! On supersale too!!! HUGELY popular ’cause it made a mess of everyone! Julie recommends it big time! “I’ve read all of Lesley Jones books now and loved them all. If you read Carnage you can’t stop until you read the second book – it’s a must and a five star. So many books I forget but I remember this one like I just read it.” (here’s my review)
- Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes <— AWESOME TRILOGY ALERT!! Krystal is loving it!! “So I am reading this freaking awesome Trilogy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes . The first book is Raised by Wolves. I just finished book 2 and OMG it was great. I am devouring these books. It has werewolves, humans and a little bit more.. Have you read it already? If not it’s a must :)”
- Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes <— and here’s #2!!
- Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes <— and here’s #3!!
- Royals Saga: The Complete Alexander and Clara Boxed Set by Geneva Lee <— ENTIRE SERIES BUNDLED & HE’S A ROYAL PRINCE ALERT!!
- Imperfect Truth by Ava Harrison <— Another recent release/TROUBLED MARRIAGE ALERT! And then she meets a writer…
- Brisé by by Leigh Ann Lunsford <— BEST FRIENDS SINCE CHILDHOOD ALERT! “Tragedy strikes and their life is derailed. She leaves to heal and fulfill a dream to dance on stage. He is left behind and forgets how to live…“
- Where One Goes <— SOUNDS AMAZING WITH A UNIQUE TWIST AND WANTS TO BREAK MY HEART ALERT!! She can talk to the dead, that linger… but “…in helping the dead, I’ve realized I haven’t allowed myself to live. With no money, no place to go, and most importantly… no hope, I’ve decided there is only one option—to end it all. But fate is a funny thing. One minute, I’m about to leap to my death, and the next, I’m saved by Ike McDermott. The strong, striking soldier stopped me from putting an end to my despair. He’s the kind of man that smiles and brightens an entire room. Sweet and gentle. He is my savior. And he’s dead…” and LEE just told me she LOVED it! “OMG OMG OMG…… Maryse you HAVE to read Where One Goes ..My heart was RACING since the first chapter, its heart-warming, and heart-stopping, and I literally could not put it down!!”
- Bait (The Wake Series Book 1) by M. Mabie <— TROUBLED MARRIAGE ANGST ALERT (and then they meet…)!! SUPER BARGAIN priced and this one has a cliffhanger but book #2 was just recently released!! And Claudia says: “Maryseeee!! You MUST read Bait!! Drove me insane, so much angst, I don’t know who I want to smack first him or her I shouldn’t have read it now because there is a part 2 and I’m going crazy but pleaseeeee read this book! You will love it )”
- Sail (The Wake Series Book 2) by M. Mabie <— And here’s book #2!!
- If by Nina G. Jones <— SHE FALLS FOR A HOMELESS GUY ALERT!! “If… Someone hadn’t scarred my face. I hadn’t followed my dreams to LA. That tweaker hadn’t attacked that homeless guy. I hadn’t invited a stranger over for Thanksgiving. I hadn’t fallen in love. If I hadn’t lost him.”
- BEWARE 2: The Comeback by Shanora Williams <— RECENTLY RELEASED ALERT!! Did you guys know this one was out? Look at the BIG LOVE for book #1 (just below)
- BEWARE by Shanora Williams <— and here’s #1 and it’s super-bargain priced!! Tessa recommends it big time!! “Beware is on sale by Shanora Williams. It’s soooo good, gut wrenching, dangerous and just great… A big recommendation from me” and Sarah agrees! “Wow if you haven’t already Maryse you need to push Beware by Shanora Williams to the top of your TBR! You won’t be disappointed. Holy hotness batman, Ace tops the list of my book boyfriends – ok maybe equal with Travis, sorry Travis! I didn’t mean it haha. I need a moment to pick the pieces up after my heart has broken on the floor. Maybe a week, I won’t be forgetting this book for a long time, even as I write this I am still pondering on how it can’t have played out the way it did but I can’t do a thing to change it and my heart breaks all over again! Love it!”
- Smother by Lindy Zart <— SOUNDS EMOTIONALLY TRAGIC ALERT! Plus it’s just been recently released & I LOVED another book from this author… this one sounds pretty tragic. She’s trying to forget… be numb. “You won’t like me. I am not the nice girl. I am not your friend. I don’t care about you, but most of all, I don’t care about me. Go ahead, hate me. We all have secrets.“
- The Voyeur Next Door by Airicka Phoenix <— *WAGGLES EYEBROWS ALERT* He’s jaded and reclusive, and she’s watching from her window… “The rules were simple: No names. No faces. No attachments. They both had what the other needed so long as they never broke the rules. But what will happen when the mystery is unveiled and they both come face to face with the truth and each other?“
- Lighter (Begin Again Book 1) by Gia Riley <— HER ROOMMATES BROTHER ALERT!! “Lighter isn’t your typical college romance. Darkness suffocates, dreams are dashed, and battles are lost. Love takes on a whole new meaning.”
- Ace’s Redemption (Devil’s Despair Book 1) by A.C. Baxter <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! And it’s on super-bargain sale today!!
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han <— Clare loves this one! “Maryse, I’ve just read The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. Wow! It was unexpectedly amazing, I found myself infuriated, sad, amazed (not in a good way) but I felt ‘IT’ The real emotion! The author expressed the emotion you feel when you’re falling in love; but unable to express your feelings because, well your young… All three books are together for sale on Amazon…”
- Bear, Otter, and the Kid (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles Book 1) by T.J. Kline <— ONE OF MY FAVORITE M/M BOOKS EVER!!!! And Jacque tells us it’s on SUPER-SALE!!!! After reading this series, I wondered how if I could possibly love m/f romance books again… this one was SO intense! Here’s my review. You’ll see. 😉
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! ——> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (most are next week’s!!):
- Beautiful Sacrifice: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Book 3) by Jamie McGuire <— MAY 31st 2015!!
- Conviction: Devine by D.H. Sidebottom – release date May 24th 2015
- The Other Man by R.K. Lilley – release date May 25th 2015
- Afraid to Fly by S.L. Jennings – May 26th 2015
- Irrevocable (Evan Arden Book 5) by Shay Savage <— MORE EVAN ARDEN!!! May 26th 2015!! “I’m back in Chicago and back in business with my boss, Rinaldo Moretti. So much for my run at a normal life…“
- Sugar by by Deirdre Riordan Hall
- Wrong by by LP Lovell & Stevie J Cole<— DARK READ ALERT!! June 2nd 2015
- The Song of David by Amy Harmon <— MMA FIGHTER!! releasing June 15th 2015 “** This book is a STANDALONE novel featuring characters that were introduced in The Law of Moses. It is not a sequel, but it is a spin-off. **”
- Fighting for Forever (The Fighting Series Book 6) by J.B. Salsbury <— June 23rd 2015
- Madame X by Jasinda Wilder – November 3rd 2015
- Reaper’s Fall (Reapers Motorcycle Club) by Joanna Wylde <— November 10th 2015
Hi Maryse! Bear Otter and the Kid is currently $1.00!!! I’ve been waiting for this book to go on sale since forrrevverrrr!!!! Just wanted to share 😉
I want Beware 2. In two weeks, though.
*sniffles* First two paragraphs. Stupid Gus. I’m going to cheer myself up with Supernatural. Dean is needed. *sniffles again*
HOLY MOLY Jacque!!!!!!! I’m posting it!!! 😀
Project Killer is on sale for 0.99.
I love this week’s list ’cause there are several that I had already one-clicked and forgot about until I saw them up there! The cover of If STILL reminds me of what’s going on in my head most days. *snort* I really, really want to read Where One Goes, but when I one-clicked it I had just read Fisher’s Light, and it was just a little too soon for another post-war issues book. This line of the blurb sealed the deal for me though…
“Now, as both brothers own equal parts of my heart, I am faced with a cruel and unfair predicament. In saving George, I must let go of Ike.” *oomph*
Smother, Imperfect Truth, Made You Up…oh heck yeah!!! Big smoochy cheek kiss for this list, Maryse!!! Oops, sorry…* giggles and wipes off Maryse’s cheek*
Tessa, I loved Project: Killer!
Aw Tessa…you need a manatee snuggle? Fair warning though…I’ve been snuffling on him. A lot. What Gus is going through…GAH! It’s like childbirth…painful and necessary but with light at the end of the tunnel. Okay, bad flipping analogy but whatever. It’s all I’ve got right now so just hush. Articulate I am not. 😛
I’m going to need something different after this for a palette cleanser. After the Bad Romeo books, Collide and Pulse, and now Gus, all back to back, I’m feeling a little exhausted. Hmmm…the first book of Immortals After Dark maybe?
Amy, I will. I literally read the first two paragraphs, and tossed it to watch the season finale of Supernatural. Now, Lost Girl episode one. Avoiding crying, me? NAH! 😛
OMG, read the Immortals After Dark series! I can’t believe you haven’t. It’s one of the greatest. If you don’t love the valkyries by the end of it, something is up. Especially Nucking Futs Nix! She’s awesomeness.
Keep that manatee on hand. Lost Girl is only an hour long. I watch like, five , maybe six shows total. This one at this point is just to watch it end. It’s gotten boring.
Oh dear TBR list now up to 1950… and then Amazon recommends books while purchasing..but read a good one – The Tornado by Missy Blue – would recommend it – 4* read for me. It is a long weekend here in the UK and I have Gus lined up, with tissues and wine…lots and lots of wine…
*takes manatee and goes off to sniffle, ALOT!* Thanks Amy. Chapter 3 and I’m a huge mess. UGLY tears plus more.
Crap, then this song comes on…
Just shoot me now. Gah!
That blurb for Where One Goes gave me goosebumps!!! Lots of good sales on this list! Thanks Maryse!
Amy, how did you like Collide and Pulse?
Oh and I’m so excited for Irrevocable! I’m caught up on the series and anxiously awaiting the release. Just so everyone knows, you must read Bastian’s Storm before Isolated (#4) and Irrevocable (#5) of the Evan Arden series. Love Evan and Bastian!!!!!
Yay for the cheek kiss!!! 😀
I know this list is exceptionally jolty….
A different kind of romance feel for any reading mood.
Amy, do I read And After before So Long Lollipops??? Just checking because it say SLL is #1.5.
Where One Goes is such a beautiful, unique story! I loved it so much! Highly recommend it!
I have the Beware books but haven’t read it yet. Love the covers too!
Excited about The Song of David! Love Amy Harmon!
Tessa, I’ve wanted to try Supernatural. Aside from my WD love I’m a big chicken. Usually stay far away from horror so have been hesitant. It apparently has a huge shipper fan base.;-)
Yes, yes it does. Though I’m just loving Dean. I hate watching horror and such too, but arc story of the first five seasons dragged me in.
Oh, if anyone needs the manatee… um… I’ll share.
Jean, I loved Collide and Pulse…they were just what I needed with drama, some angst and sexy times!! Gavin… *sigh* Such a sweetheart.
SLL is a side story of a certain someone who made a surprise appearance at the end of UTEOTW…you know who I’m talking about? It’s what that character went through on their way to that place. It’s a pretty quick read, and you could read it after either book 1 or book 2. I’m such a nerd that my tummy has nervous butterflies over you starting the second book! *bites knuckle and squeals*
Jolty…yes! Perfect word to describe today’s list. 😉
I really want to start Where One Goes ’cause it sounds so unique and some of you ladies are loving it, but I’m gonna have to go with Hunger Like No Other after Gus before I attempt that one.
Did I happen to mention that I’m loving Gus? *sniffle* Tears and all… *snuggles into Tessa and manatee*
OOH. Where to start????
First – HELLO C.L. Wilson!!!!! There she is. And lookie…. a little stuffed tairen. How adorable. What did she say? So cool.
Second – Amy, you never read IAD? You’re like one of the valkeryies. You could be Nixes sister or something. How have you missed this yumminess? Werewolves that are scots and every other creature of the lore and hanky panky galore? greatness
Third – I started Where One Goes and am about 70% done. This is another Amy book for sure…. the soldier…. twins…. I see dead people…. gotta deal with all these issues before I can cross over. Good so far!
Now what is everyone else reading??
I’m reading AND finishing The Virgin Romance Novelist and I swear I AM CACKLING!!!!
Look at my post here and you’ll get it… 😉
*Hugs Amy and sniffles* Seriously! Though, talk about a happy read after. Valkyries, vampires, werewolves, demons… And nymphs!
*grins* Maryse, that’s insane. Also, now just wanting to know how well she knows Marta.
Several on this list make my gut hurt. Unruly, Brise, Where One Goes, and Smother. Finishing Fair Game and then I think I’ll be ready for something that has a “gut kick.” 😉
“Valkyries, vampires, werewolves, demons… And nymphs!” – are you talking about IAD for Amy’s sake? don’t forget berserkers!!! I loved that one (Regin and her berserker…. sigh).
Where One Goes is my favorite read of 2015 so far. Very different.
The Evan Arden Trilogy is $.99….. GREAT time to buy & catch up if you haven’t read em yet!
This list. Omg, this list! My head is spinning. There is so much I want to read and reread on this list.
Ok….question…I just read the blurb for the new Evan Arden book. It says it’s book 5, correct? I haven’t read book 4 yet so maybe I’m missing A LOT but my question is….When does book 5 take place? The blurb says something about Evan & a hooker named Alina. Where is Lia? Have I read out of order? I could swear I remember him with a hooker in book 2 ( he uses her to sleep because he sleeps better with her in the bed). I’m so confused.
Otherwise Complete (The Evan Arden Trilogy) is the name of the trilogy & it’s only available for a limited time at the $.99 price.
So, that’s just a little kitty cat. I’m assuming they are a bit more fierce in the book?
MichelleS, I’m right there with you on the slow reading. My book is good and yet barely a 100 pages in.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Amy has never re visited the courtyard. *uses one of Tessa’s eyebrows* And now you all want to start her down a different pnr/uf road?
Bev – LOL… In the book the winged cats are huge like dragons, and they breathe fire like them & fly and are just wicked cool!!! And the King of the Fey can turn into one!
*raises left eyebrow at Bev* <—– yep, I can do that…but only with my left one. 😉
You are a brave lady bringing up another PNR series after MichelleS and Tessa have been pimping IAD…oooooh they're gonna throw some peanuts at ya!!!!
Berserkers?!? Okay, I love that name. It just *sounds* like it is right up my alley!
See??? More love for Where One Goes from Jen and MichelleS. 😀
And on a sidenote…everyone gets a round of martinis on me if Paula breaks 2000 before me! *whooping* Go Paula!!!
Bev, she’s never read IAD! That’s insane. The ultimate Valkyrie here has not read about all the Valkyrie love. One word… Shinies!
Have you read the new release Broken Until You by JR Grant? Omg! Talk about a page turner. And its on sale this weekend. I loved Sail and Carnage too. I’ll look into the others.
Okay someone just messaged me on Facebook to say “If” (up there) was unputdownable.
Kristy: Im reading If by N.G. Jones and Im at 29% right now. I had to force myself to exit my kindle app and let you know to read this immediately. This book. Omg this book. I dont think I have ever read such amazing imagery.
Lol, Amy. I can raise my left a little. But it’s not very smooth and I feel like I’m squinting my right eye to do it.
I read If when it first came out. While I enjoyed it I did think it could of been more. I read it based on a very positive review. So I could be in the minority for who it fell slightly short.
Seems to happen often. Can’t tell if I’m too picky or just a grumpy reader, lol.
Okay good to get two types of feedback!!! Thank you bev. 🙂
I just finished Where One Goes. 4 stars for me. Story idea was great. Dialogue was great. Characters were great. Execution was good. There was just something missing for me. Maybe she’s not a seasoned writer? I definitely got super choked up at about 90%. It just could have been even more fabulous. Really really good…. maybe even 4.5 stars? dunno…. I’m thinking…..
Tasha M., have you read JR Grant’s Lost Until You? (Think that’s the name of book 1)….it’s Brax & Jazz’s story & it’s incredible!!!! It was free a week or two ago but idk now. But it’s honestly one of the best books I’ve ever read & the storyline isn’t one I’ve EVER read. So unique & unexpected & nerve wracking & sweet & romantic…..OMG, I love Brax so much!!
Beyond Innocence… YEAH!!! (happy dance, happy dance) I absolutely love the Beyond series. Fantastic dystopian setting that’s gritty and dark, but the sexy debauchery is on fire! And I can’t wait for more Evan Arden in Irrevocable, even though I sort of want to kick him in the head right now.
Another bargain right now is Worth The Trip by Tara Sivec for $0.99. It’s the novella after Fisher’s Light. I wasn’t a big fan of the first half of Fisher’s Light but I loved it by the end. So much so that I’ve since re-read it and it’s now one of my favorites so far this year So I read Worth The Trip last night and had to set it down several times to wipe the tears away and blow my nose so I could keep reading! Big. Ugly. Snotty. Tears. But it was so worth it. What a beautiful story of young love, heartbreak, mistakes, and the lifelong endurance of true love. If you liked Fisher’s Light, you must read Worth The Trip.
Not on sale but Gus by Kim Holden is out now and absolutely incredible. Follow up to Bright Side. It’s powerful and beautiful and will make you want to do epic.
I have had a book hangover for 2 months over the book “Innocents” by Mary Elizabeth & Kristen Elizabeth (formerly “Dusty”, with sequel “Delinquents”). I stumbled upon them in the airport downloading books for vacation and read both in a few days. I found myself sitting in the hotel room one day during vacation reading it! I can’t stop thinking about this book! Its nothing short of amazing. The authors writing style is a bit different, but it is such a great book series that I can’t put my finger on what one thing makes it so great. A story of growing up and the pains that come with it, a first lo e story, lies and betrayal play a part. I HIGHLY recommend. Oh, did I mention both books are FREE?!
Just finished Gus. I hate to say it, but Amy was right. Cleansing tears. It was so emotional, every emotion. Loved it. Also, side note, the rock star part was realistic. It wasn’t a bunch of poems and time together, with the word rock star thrown in because they are hot. This was real music making and band life. I loved that.
I’m a Valkyrie??? No idea what that is but it sounds bada$$!! 😀 Now I *have* to read IAD to find out more about these Valkyries…
Hate to say I was right? Gee, THANKS Tessa. 😛
I’m on the last few pages of Gus, and I agree with Victoria and Tessa. If you read and were gutted by Bright Side then Gus is a definite “must read” as a followup.
Good Morning. Coffee time. Wish I’d had made some iced coffee. Summer is here, lol. Feel like iced coffee, strawberry shortcake, and potato salad. And books. Long summer days of reading.
Have you guys seen the teaser for the Ugly Love movie? *fans self with pajama top*
Absolutely insanely LOVED the book but I’m undecided if I’ll watch the movie. I always get a little apprehensive when a book I’ve read is made into a movie. 😕
OMG Bev, now I want to gorge on strawberry shortcake and potato salad.
Allison, I have those sitting in my tbr. Hmmm, need to move them up.
I’m reading Bear, Otter & the Kid. Finally. I stayed away from it in spite of the hype because I didn’t like the title or the cover. I know, I know, “never judge a book by its cover”. But I do. What can I say? I guess I’m superficial that way. 😉 At the price of a dollar though, I had to take the plunge. I hope its as good as the hype.
Wow on that trailer Amy. The lead looks hot (for a change).
I tried Ugly Love but put it down and have not really wanted to pick it back up. Maybe later closer to the movie, I don’t know.
I can’t have too strong of opinion, not having read much, but I hope they show his pov, not tell. I had trouble with how his thoughts read and not sure they would translate well to being read aloud.
Hmm, but could be opposite. Maybe shld try in audio.
Fabi…it’s Nick Bateman. Google him. Is it a little warm in here now?
Bev, for me the prose in his POV of his past had a sort of lyrical feel to it that was unique and separated it from Tate’s. Then when the “event” that changed him happened his prose changed, and the flatness of his voice in those parts reflected his devastation. That’s just my take on it. 😉
Ooooh, I had forgotten about the Beyond and Dusty series. They both look GOOD…thanks for the reminders, MichelleF and Allison!! 😀
Oh yeah Amy, he’s a cutie. I doubt I’ll see the movie though. As much romance as I read, I hardly ever watch it in movies. I’m more of an action movie buff.
I’ve been in such a weird book mood lately. I’m at 10% of Bear, Otter & the Kid and I really need it to pick up soon. 10% doesn’t seem like much, but its relatively long so I’ve been reading for a while.
I was going to start Beyond Shame which has sat in my tbr for over a year, but them I started this one instead since I’ve had good luck recently with mm books. Meh, I’m just in a weird book funk mood.
It’s funny why some books work for us and some do not. Sometimes I’ll be reading a book and it can be the fluffiest of fluff. With every cliche and trope and yet I love it. Then read one that should just do it for me, has good writing and unique set up and nope. Not sure why that is.
I’m in a teeny tiny one Fabi. It sucks. For me with this one it’s that I was so tired at the end of the day I just did not read much. So even though enjoying book it is making it seem like not getting into it. If that makes sense.
Maybe need a fluffy book. Like a little palate cleanser, lol.
It’s all about the mood. I’ve had books ive been anticipating, yet cant read due to my moods. Fading lords I’ve had forever, but starting an epic fantasy requires the right mood. Go read fluff!
Not sure what I’m going to read. I want to finish the Showalter book because I am enjoying it. Just may need to shake the cobwebs out first.
Carolyn Crane’s Against the dark is free right now.
Rebecca is also on sale.
I’m at just over 30% in Bear, Otter & the Kid. It is slow. Really, really slow. It is nothing like Try or Dangerously Happy. I’m trying hard to stick with it, thinking that its going to get good later.
Finished Motorcycle Man and loved it! Tack is such an alpha but also sweet and caring. Love him!! I kinda want to read Shy and Tabby’s story but maybe I’ll read something else first.
Amy thanks for the teaser trailer! I loved Ugly Love so kinda excited about the movie. He is hot that’s for sure! Although the trailer made it look like a FSoG type of story which is not.
Don’t know what to read next :/
Fabi I’ve had my eye on that one but think I’ll hold off for now.
Tessa, I have a few I so was looking forward to and still have not read. One in particular. But I will. Right now I’m thinking either a mystery, A fountain filled with blood,or a YA, Anna and the French Kiss. We shall see.
Bev I loved Anna and the French Kiss! Its YA and sweet but sometimes we just need that 😀 I like the entire series tbh!
YA is always a good relief genre. Mystery… I reserve judgement. I don’t like them, generally. (Eve Dallas books are a huge exception)
I’m reading Dragon Marked by Jaymin Eve. The title literally hypes it as a YA/NA Paranormal. *grins*
What more can I say about Gus…you know the emotions Bright Side started out and then ended with? Now imagine those in reverse. For me things came *almost* full circle to BS. Almost. If you’ve read them then you know why I say almost. And it was done beautifully with Scout (aka, “Impatient”) as a wonderful addition to the story. I really liked that Gus’ journey was not rushed and unfolded at a believable pace. My heart was put through the wringer again with this story, but I loved it all the same. 😀
I started A Hunger Like No Other right after Gus (love lazy reading days!) and I’m falling for Lachlain already. That scene where he’s coming towards her and tossing tables and easels…for some reason that one was cracking me up, especially when he points and says “you” and she looks around for the “unfortunate ‘you'” he’s pointing at, and then she realizes it’s HER. *snicker*
Yes, first with Gus. It’s a reverse of Bright Side. I loved how everything unfolded in a very realistic fashion. Just… love!
Hunger Like No Other. Man, to be able to read it for the first time again. Everything about it is awesome. And her books overlap each other. So, while this relationship is going, this other starts, and yet another is happening. It works and sucks you in big time.
So jealous. Amy gets to experience the world of Immortals After Dark for the first time!!!! Lachlain…. sigh…. the shower scene…. when he drives for the first time… the headboard…. oh gah! the full moon…… I might just read it with you!
So I thought about maybe reading Pucked, but I can’t remember who read it and like it. Maryse? did you read it? Can’t find the review.
Tessa, I’m freaked by how we grab the same books sometimes that really are randomish but I just got Dragon Marked today! Is it good? I will start it in a bit when I finish my reread of the Downside Ghosts series. 10,11,12 above look good too. Oh and I have Spearwood Academy still sitting on my home screen to read but wanted to ask is it purely YA?
Amy, jealous for sure that you get to experience IAD for the first time. Great first book to a series! Maybe I need to finally read Ugly Love – that dude is hot I must say!
Spearwood academy is really tiny books. Like, 60 pages each book. I am very grateful I’m not paying for it. That said, I like it. It is purely YA so far, though some deaths, and odd weird scifi added to the paranormal.
Dragon Marked – Really liking it. The whole YANA thing had me laughing. Kind of like she’s giving herself permission in case it gets steamy. I’m half way through and it’s heavy on the relationship between characters, not romantically yet, but true friendship/ bonding type thing. I love that stuff. Also, it’s definitely setting up the world and story for more. The heroine is the POV, and her head is fun to be in. I wish I could quote this, but I always forget to highlight as I read. I’m too involved in the story. *grins*
Have not got a chance to read at all today. Almost time to fix that.
I can not believe how many books Nora Roberts can put out.
So IAD, I’ve read the first one and the hick girl one. One thing with the first. Her claws. Could not imagine if they were actual claws or enough like nails to pass.
I have wanted to read Stephanie Perkins for awhile. I recently read a very charming little blurb like thing on DA on why this contributor liked them. Made me go yes I’m buying one and going to read it. Also, have seen a strong rec from Rainbow Rowell for Anna and the French Kiss.
Amy & Tessa do you think Gus could be read as a stand alone?
Lol, it looks like Maryse is liking her new read.
Um, I don’t know. It’d lose much of it’s punch. Also, Gus would have MAJOR spoilers for Bright Side. Technically it could, because it’s Gus’s book, but I seriously wouldn’t recommend it. I take it you’re scared of Bright Side?
Hang on…a hick in IAD? That’s ringing a bell. Were y’all talking about this series on the other page? ‘Cause I could swear that sounds familiar…
Oh wow, I’m having sooooo much fun with Emma and Lachlain!!! 😀
And Bev…like Tessa said, it *could* be read by itself but it would have nowhere near the impact that it would if you read Bright Side first. I think it would be hard to fully feel things along with Gus if you hadn’t experienced the full story from the first book. I second her not recommending skipping BS. 😉
Um…..yes. For a couple reasons. One that the MC was too perfect for the situations. Which I do not mind a Mary Sue at all. But I think may be hard to believe all through this book. Read some spoilers.
I thought if read just Gus, maybe sometime, would be ok. Um let me do tthis.
Talking about my feelings about Bright Side and may be too SPOILERISH .
Lol, better safe than sorry. Afraid Bright Side will be too much for me. When comes to what is dealt with in that book it can just bring up hard memories and emotions. Leaves me very sad and blue.
Amy. that was an enjoyable film teaser. I remember liking ugly love, but I can’t remember why he’s the way he is. May have to re-read it.
MichelleS, I read Pucked and really, really liked it, which was surprising to me because I had read it when it was a fanfiction. 🙂
Reading Fair Game which I’m liking, although I have been able to put it down. They start out hating each other and it has been a slow build up to them getting together.
If you honestly can’t read what happens in Bright Side, you might still be crying in Gus. I did cry, but it was very healing. Does that make sense? So, yeah, if what happens there hits too close to home, maybe Gus on its own will still pack a punch. I’d never say read it to anyone who has a very specific issue to trigger. I’d say get the sample and see if you can handle it.
Which Fair Game? By whom?
MichelleS I love Pucked! If you want funny and hot read it 😀
“Hang on…a hick in IAD? That’s ringing a bell. Were y’all talking about this series on the other page? ‘Cause I could swear that sounds familiar…”
Amy – yes, there was a “hick girl” in IAD – that’s Lothaire’s story – one of the later books. I think everyone will agree we all wanted more for Lothaire. Was not one of my faves of that series. But book 3! Now that was greatness. And of course, book 1 – which you are getting to enjoy now.
Cheryl – I’m with you. I know I liked Ugly Love – I love everything C. Hoover writes – but her writing is so subtle that I don’t remember any scenes, ever, from her books! it’s the interactions between the characters and the real feelings that make her books great. But no memorable big moments. I don’t remember ANYTHING from Ugly Love. Nada. Zip. Names, scenes, plot. I got nothin’
Gemma James’ Rampant is on sale today for 99 cents. The first book, Torrent was free. It’s a trilogy that’s already complete. I loved Torrent and it’s twists, so I’m happy to get it.
MichelleS, I adored Lothaire’s story with the hick. I have my weird, I guess. Right up there with the book that shall not be named. I adored it. No one else did. *grins* But yeah. I loved her for Lothaire. She was exactly what he needed. Being a hick helped too. A bit of humble pie for him.
MichelleS that makes me feel better and you’re right it’s not because the book wasn’t any good. I know I really liked Ugly Love and I can remember the “just” of it, just not the finer details.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend. Hope it’s a long weekend filled with good food, friends and especially a good book!!!! 😉
Now I honestly want to read Lothaire again. The hick was super strong, fighting off a great evil for years, clever. Other than hick, I’m surprised no one liked her.
I started The Virgin Romance Novelist last night and its hilarious! Loving it so far!
Happy Memorial Day weekend! What are you guys reading/planning on reading?
Ack!! I didn’t know there were so many books in the IAD series! And I actually started with the second book thinking it was the first in the series. *sigh* I haven’t even finished the BDB series and here I go starting another long series…
Palette is being cleansed with HLNO, and now I’m back to wanting some emotion and maybe even a dash of angst…Becoming Calder it is! 😀
Oh, and has anyone read or heard anything about The End of All Things Beautiful? Because I’ve been eyeing that one as well…
The first book in IAD is more 0.5 type. When you get to it, it’s quick and fun. *grins* You aren’t behind or ahead having read 1 already.
I’m giving up on Bear, Otter & the Kid. Its just not my cup of tea.
I think I’m going to try to read something really superficial next. Something that doesn’t involve any thinking or strong feelings.
Loving The Virgin Romance Novelist! Its hilarious! Its just what I needed. Can’t put it down 😀
I’m reading a book called Malice. (doesn’t that give you warm, fuzzy feelings?) One on Michelle’s list and so far, it’s good. I’ve obviously been in a paranormal mood lately.
Tessa, are you done with Dragon Marked then? I hope it was good since I had high hopes for it. I have more freebies to post and some sales I will get together soon.
Oh, it was definitely good. I’d say a good four star type. The characters were interesting, a hinted romance, great friends, great world building and intrigue. I even am following the author so I know when book two comes out.
Malice is pretty good too. I wasn’t sure, especially with the blurb as far as the romantic aspect, but that works. So far, some is a little predictable, but I’m still reading and enjoying it.
Some good stuff for the holiday weekend 😀
Pretty Instinct by SE Hall is FREE
Kismet by AE Woodward is FREE
Irresistible Desire by Danielle Jamie is FREE
Love Always, Kate by D Nichole King is FREE
Jessica’s Journal by Kathryn Perez is FREE
Crimson Debt by Evangeline Anderson is FREE
Jack and Djinn by Jasinda Wilder is FREE
Trust Game by Scarlet Wolfe is FREE
Ignition by Skye Callahan is FREE
Werewolves of Yosemite Parts 1-5 are FREE
The Sweetwater Trail by NL Campbell is FREE
After the Sky Fell Down by Megan Nugen Isbell is FREE
Fight 1-3by M Dauphin are FREE
Beyond the Sun by Sandra Bischoff is FREE
Unchained Melody by SK Munt is FREE
Project: Killer by JL Beck is .99
Stay by Emily Goodwin is .99
The Librarian Principle by Helena Hunting is .99
The Unexpected Series by Amy Marie is 2.99
Irrevocable by Skye Callahan is .99
Many Books by Ker Dukey are .99
Rainfall by Melissa Delport is .99
Roomies by Lindy Zart is 1.49
The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon is .99
Fall With Me by JL Armentrout is .99
Scare Crow by Julie Hockley is 2.83
Say My Name by J Kenner is 1.99
One to Protect by Tia Louise is .99
Outback Hearts by Susan Stoker is .99
Where We Belong by KL Grayson is .99
Mythean Arcana Box Set by Linsey Hall is .99
The Rocker Who Savors Me by TA Browning is .99
Hemy by Victoria Ashley is .99
Kill Devil Hills by Sarah Darlington is .99
Tapestry by Karen Ranney is .99
I’m glad it was good Tessa – it seemed different from the norm so I’m excited to read it soon. I pulled Malice out too since I’ve been on a pnr kick for over a week now. Oh above check out the Linsey Hall box set – sounds interesting right?
It totally does. Definitely going to be mine. *grins*
The Rocker Who Savors Me is a great price too. I adore that series. Also grabbed Jack and Djinn. Now, feet rest. Little dude’s birthday was today. 😀
Just finished and loved it! Its so funny and sweet. Henry is swoon worthy and Rosie so lovable I couldn’t help but root for them all along. Highly recommend this book if you are looking for a laugh out loud, sweet rom com.
Tessa how did the birthday party go? 😀
*collapses* Sooo many children. hahaha He was so happy. Then, to top it off, his aunts got him a Baymax stuff animal/ pillow. He was so tired, but that present was glommed onto and loved right away. All Baymax items were extra adored.
Happy Birthday to your little dude, Tessa.
So happy everything went well with the party and that your little dude had a great time! I love Baymax! I just want to hug him so bad lol
Hehehe I’ll tell him. Thanks guys!
Amy – I am sure that you already have more than 2000! But that is OK as it means I am not so bad!! Thanks for the reminder that there are 2 more books on AoP – I have those! Just going to to start Heat by K.T Fisher – not sure if anyone has read that one??
Yeah, okay Paula…we’ll see the next time I get the nerve up to total up my books. 😛