BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! LAUREN GILLEY JUST RELEASED THIS ONE ➔ Walking Wounded : A Novel
“…Luke’s about to learn there’s a big difference between expectations and reality. And this interview just might be the best thing that’s ever happened to him.
A book about the bravery of ordinary people, and the wounds they carry.”
Another excellent reading week ahead for us all! I just finished a super-dark one that I could barely put down (Book Review – Take Me With You by Nina G. Jones <— in case you missed it yesterday) and now I’m excited about starting another right after I post this! But… which one?
I have a bunch in my TBR list (at the top… that I want to read simultaneously) but I’m not sure if I’m in the mood to head back into a darker book or thriller, or if I’m in the mood for super-angsty romance. No matter what though, I’m in the mood for something that will keep me on the edge of my seat. You’d think I’d want calm and happy after what I just read, but I really just want to be HOOKED like that again. I want my jaw to drop.
So I shall investigate my latest TBR lists, and I’ll let you know what I come up with. That is, of course… unless one of YOU have an amazing recommendation for me. 😉 I’m always open to suggestions. 😀
BARGAINS FINDS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story by Alexander Freed <— LIVE!!!!! STAR WARS ALERT!!! Oh WOW!!! It’s a book, too!!!!
- SAINT (Boston Underworld Book 4) by A. Zavarelli <— LIVE!! DARK MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!!! “…nothing’s going to stand in my way. Not even Rory ‘The Saint’ Brodrick.He’s a fool if he thinks he can change me. By the time I’m through with him, I’ll make his mafia look like child’s play. Cross me, Mr. Brodrick? You better cross your heart and hope to die...” (P.S. It’s super-bargain priced right now!!)
- More Than Merry by Jessica Topper <— LOUDER THAN LOVE SEQUEL FREEBIE ALERT!!!! Author Jessica Topper has a Christmas novella that she’s temporarily giving away) in limited quantities to her newsletter subscribers AND a few copies for us right here on the blog!! She says: “In the spirit of the holidays, I’m giving away MORE THAN MERRY, a Love & Steel Short Story, to my newsletter subscribers! Sign up at https://tinyletter.com/
jesstopperfor your free copy today. Join Adrian, Kat and Abbey as they prepare for the holidays…and so much more! Perfect for fans of LOUDER THAN LOVE!” (I gave book #1 (Louder Than Love) 4.5 stars (here is my review) AND here’s the series reading order). SHE ALSO says:
“I just wanted to let you know that I tweaked the bookfunnel link I gave you for the More Than Merry free short story – I now have set it for 300 copies, exclusively for readers of your blog! …The link will work until the end of the year, or while supplies last, whichever come first. 🙂 Here is the link again: http://dl.bookfunnel.com/
- Devil’s Vengeance: Sydney Storm MC by Nina Kevine <— LIVE!!!! BIKER BOOK ALERT!! “Dating the sister of a friend is a bad move, but falling for the sister of your club’s greatest ally is the absolute worst move. Especially when he makes it clear he doesn’t want a biker anywhere near her…“
- Naughty Boss: A Novella by Whitney G. <— LIVE!!! OOOOOOOPS! SHE ACCIDENTALLY SENT HER EMAIL TO HER SEXY INFURIATING BOSS (and he’s not too impressed…) LOL!!!!! “I honestly can’t wait to see the look on his face two months from now when I tell him that I’m quitting his company and that he can kiss my ass. KISS. MY. ASS…” (the rest of the blurb gets even funnier)!! 😛
Teresa: OMG I just 1 clicked this.This looks so good.This would be something I would do but with my luck my boss would be bald and short and ugly. LOL
Jen C: 1-clicked Naughty Boss last night – sounded like a fun read. And it was! Quick and easy read. Really liked it.
- Miss Hollywood (Misses Trilogy Book 3) by Marie Garner <— LIVE!! FAMOUS HOLLYWOOD STARLET & HER BEST FRIEND’S BROTHER… “On the surface her life looks perfect, but in reality she’s faltering. And the last person she expects to provide any relief is her best friend’s brother, the man who’s been tying her in knots for months…” (A series with intermingling characters, but it seems like each one can be read as a standalone).
- The Royal Trade: A Billionaire Prince Romance by Erin Hayes <— LIVE!!! SHE HAS TWO BILLIONAIRE PRINCES (BROTHERS!!) TO CHOOSE FROM… “Eric, her ex-fiancée’s brother and a playboy prince himself, offers her the chance to run away from it all. Because he fell for her first. And he’s going to prove to her that she fell for the wrong prince…“
- Blaire Dark Romance by Anita Grey <— LIVE!!! DARK READ ALERT!! HE BOUGHT HER AND NOW HE LOANS HER TO SOMEONE ELSE… “My name is Blaire. I’m head of security to a man who controls the Russian underworld in Europe. His name is Maksim and he’s my master. He bought me ten years ago and conditioned me with brutality to worship and protect him. And I have protected him. I’ve slain everyone who has tried to do him harm. Everyone but a man he loans me to…“
- Outlaw’s Hope (A Viper’s Bite MC Novel Book 1): An Outlaw MC Biker Bad Boy Romance by Lena Bourne <— LIVE!! BIKER BOOK ALERT! He’s the VP and he wants to get out because… “...even a death sentence is preferable to the mess the new club President will get us into. Then she walks into the strip joint I run, looking for a job. Tara. A girl with a stripper’s name, but the face of an angel…“
- Anna and Sam: An impossible romance. by Anna Morrison <— LIVE!!! AND IT SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD TUMULTUOUS ALERT!! I’m not all that into the cover, and this author is completely new to me, but that short and not-so-sweet blurb has me intrigued. If it’s well-written, and if it’s THAT kind of story, this sounds like it could be a definite Marmy book… “A freezing February morning and Anna, a middle aged office manager finds herself at the station waiting for her journey to begin. A journey that would take her to Hell and back. A journey of discovery which would have consequences so dire that it would destroy her life and that of all those she holds most dear.“
- Wait for It by Mariana Zapata <— THIS IS THE BIG HIT OF THE WEEK!!!
Jen: Some authors can write and then some authors can WRITE!! Mariana Zapata!! I cried and cried when Wait for it was over! My husband said Jennifer !! Why would you read a book with a sad ending! I said it has a happy ending! I am just so sad it is over!! I feel like I know those characters! What a beautiful book. How can you fall in love with characters in a book?? She makes it so easy! Ahhhhh!!!
Tessa: oh, Wait for It is so good. Just everything I loved about Kulti is in this book. You all must read it!
DG: Finished Wait For It by MZ! As always…her slow burns make me HAPPY! This is the first book that we get to visit with previous characters from her other her books…LOVED getting to know Trip better (and briefly visiting Iris and Dex) from Under Locke, best friend Vanessa and Aiden from WoW, and cousin Sal and Rey from Kulti. MZ wove them all in the story so effortlessly. LOVED Dallas and the way he loved her! *sighs*. What to read now???
- The Billionaire’s Christmas Virgin: Prelude to Billionaire Unknown – Blake by J.S. Scott <— LIVE!!! (super-short story)
- Shamed (A Ruthless Rebels MC Novella Book One) by Ryan Michele and Chelsea Camaron <— LIVE!!! BIKER BOOK ALERT!! “…his no holds barred lifestyle DJ is the one person I should stay away from. Why then when everything crashes around me is he my only saving grace? ”
- Keeping Lily: A Dark Romance by Izzy Sweet & Sean Moriarty <— HER HUSBAND TRADED HER TO A CRIME LORD ALERT!! “My husband traded me away to save his own life… And now I belong to the devil. One night and everything in my life changed. Two words and my world turned dark. “Take her.”” (super-bargain priced today!!!)
- Dare Me by Rebecca Shea <— CO-WORKERS AND A DARE ALERT! “Five coworkers. Four drinks. Three glances. Two fleeting smiles. One dare. A dare that will change my life.” (super-bargain priced!!)
- Eight: A pINK Novel (A pINK Series Book 2) by K.S. Thomas <— LIVE!!! BULL-RIDER TRYING TO GET OVER HER AND NOW SHE’S BACK… “…Eight seconds at a time. I can do anything eight seconds at a time. Even get over her. Riot. When she disappeared, it was all I could think to do. Keep breathing. Keep moving. Keep living. Eight seconds at a time. Until eight seconds turned to eight minutes. Eight hours. Eight days. Eight weeks. Eight months. And finally, eight years. Only now she’s back. And I know the only way I’m getting through this, is eight seconds at a time.“
- Everly Gray: The Adventures: 1-3 and Novella (The Everly Gray Adventures (1-3)) by L.J. Charles <— FIRST THREE BOOKS BUNDLED at a super-bargain price!! “The Everly Gray Adventures book bundle includes the first three books in the series, plus a bonus novella.”
- Broken Play (Birmingham Rebels) by Samantha Kane <— M/M/F?? ROMANCE FOOTBALL STARS ALERT!!! This one is super-bargain priced today! “Just the thought of sharing the gorgeous yet guarded Marian drives Cass wild. At first, Beau isn’t sure she’s right for them . . . and lately, all he desires is a little alone time with Cass to explore their new intimacy. But it’s only a matter of time before Cass breaks through both of their defenses...”
- Taken (Deception Book 1) by Barbara Freethy <— SHE FINDS OUT HE CONNED HER… “Kayla Sheridan had longed for love, marriage and a family. Now, after a miraculous whirlwind courtship with the man of her dreams, she is his wife. But on their wedding night, he vanishes, leaving Kayla with the bitter realization that her desire has made her an easy mark for deception…” and then she meets HIM.
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle ebooks are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. !!! VERY COOL!
Grey: I need help!!! Question for the Audible book users- we are going to Disney/Universal (driving) for the holidays…and my husband wants to listen to books vs listening to satellite radio. He is looking for some good ones, as well as looking for a narrator that won’t drive him nutty because it’s a LONG car ride. Any suggestions for HIM?!? In the past, he has listened to Tom Clancy and Robin Cook. He’s not normally a reader (I know…the shock and horror…) so no worries that he’ll have already read/heard it. Thanks in advance, everyone I really appreciate it!
Nay: Grey–if he likes scifi, I highly recommend ‘Dawn of Destiny: Epic, Book 1’ by Lee Stephen. My husband is not a scifi guy normally, but he does love military, so since it (the ebook) was free with KU, he tried it and loved it. I remember hearing the author talk about it taking almost 5 years to produce the audiobook–it has sound effects and over 30 actors. It’s almost 10 hours long and is only $14.95 on Amazon (I say ‘only’ because an audiobook that’s so well produced, it’s usually much more), so y’all could check out the sample to see if you like the way it’s done. Grey–oh, forgot to mention. Check my top 10 audiobook list that I just mentioned. There are quite a few ‘hubby-friendly’ audiobooks/series on it, and some are cheap with Whispersync.
Grey: Nay, thank you! We are relative audiobook/whispersync newbies… I’m not really sure how it works, so any help would be appreciated. I see on Amazon that you can get 2 books for free. …What is this whispersync thing you speak of??? (see complete notice!)
Nay: Grey–when you buy the kindle book, the audiobook can also be purchased for a bargain price (Usually…. If you have kindle unlimited, the ebook is free and then you can often get the audiobook for $1.99–that’s how quite a few on my fave audiobook list are priced. With the Audible freebie audiobooks, I *think* you can only get 2 books per address, even if you have different Amazon accounts, but I’m not positive–just check it out. You know you can at least get 2 for sure, though.
bev: Grey, did you check out the Matchmaker link Maryse has? …It matches up your ebooks to the audible version and shows the sale prices. I haven’t bought any yet, but it’s kind of fun.
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- For All The Evers by Debra Anastasia – December 18th 2016
- Melt (The Steel Brothers Saga Book 4) by Helen Hardt – December 20th 2016
- One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles Book 3) by Ilona Andrews – December 20th 2016
- Where Darkness Lives (Guardians Of Eternity) by Alexandra Ivy – December 20th 2016
- Bound By Vengeance (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles Book 5) by Cora Reilly – December 21st 2016
- Wild Abandon Christmas by Jeannine Colette – December 21st 2016
- Don’t Speak (a modern fairytale) by Kate Regnery – February 27th 2017
- American Prince (American Queen Book 2) by Sierra Simone – March 7th 2017
- Buns (The Hudson Valley Series Book 3) by Alice Clayton – May 23rd 2017