Happy Friday everyone!! I’m excited for my weekend and a bit sad too, ’cause my sister has returned on her way home, from her visit with me, but!!! I’m going into reading-overdrive all weekend long to keep myself company, and I’m thrilled about that.
Plus! Today has a ton of new releases, too, and it’s one of THOSE Fridays that seem like a mini-Tuesday, ’cause today’s list is loaded with popular authors that just went live. Like that one there to the left. J.M Darhower’s latest is LIVE and I love the title and premise of this one. Heidi McLaughlin just released another, and there’s one by Staci Hart, and Lani Lynn Vale and Mimi Jean Pamfiloff, Deborah Bladon, Riley Hart, Kathy Coopmans and also one by Samantha Towle!!!
Can you believe it?? Yeah. It’s one of those Fridays. 😉
Take a look at what we found for the weekend!!
- Ghosted by J.M. Darhower <— LIVE!!! J.M. DARHOWER ALERT!!! HE’S A FAMOUS TROUBLED ACTOR & SHE’S A SINGLE MOM… & they have a daughter that doesn’t realize her favorite actor is her father!!!. 😉 “...She’s a single mother, assistant manager at a grocery store, existing in monotony with her five-year-old daughter. Every day when she goes to work, lurid tabloids surround her, the face of a notorious bad boy haunting her from their covers. A man and a woman, living vastly different lives, but that wasn’t always the case. Once, they were just a boy and a girl who bonded over comic books and fell in love unexpectedly…“
- Sexcation by Heidi McLaughlin <— LIVE!!! HEIDI McLAUGHLIN ALERT!!! Cheryl found it for us!!
Cheryl: Sexcation by Heidi McLaughlin is live. It sounds good. “They meet on vacation. And agree to fake name each other. One is lying about everything. The other is telling the truth.”
- Mating Bite by Cynthia Eden <— LIVE!!!
- Flawless Perfection (A Timeless Love Novel Book 2) by Kristin Mayer <— LIVE!!!
- Shift (Hearts and Arrows Book 2) by Staci Hart <— LIVE!!! STACI HART’S LATEST IS LIVE!! “...It’s been a hundred years since she’s warmed my bed, a hundred years spent waiting for her. Now we’ll compete again in a game that matters little to me. My prize is far greater than a token to be paid for a favor — I want her. And for the first time in a very long time, I have the chance to keep her...”
- Mack Daddy by Penelope Ward <— HOTTEST COVER EVER & IT MADE HER LAUGH & CRY!!! Yep. Jennifer loved it!
Jennifer: Mack Daddy was shocking to me because I literally judged a book by its cover! I thought….oh angsty sexy naughtiness with no story; FYI I would have been okay with that. But man oh man was I wrong! It was AWESOME SAUCE. I laughed, cried….played suck face with my hubs due to the yummy parts. TWAS SPECTACULAR!
- For the Love of Beard (The Dixie Warden Rejects MC Book 7) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LIVE!!! LANI LYNN VALE BIKER BOOK ALERT!!! HE’S SUPPOSED TO PROTECT HER... “...She’s at a loss as to how to move on, and every attempt she makes results in failure. Just when she’s ready to quit, a sexy biker is there to push her out of her comfort zone. Under Tobias’ patient guidance, Audrey slowly makes her way back to herself. She lands a job that she adores, and she thinks she’s finally found her place in this world. Most surprisingly, though, she finds herself falling in love with a man that honestly scares her to death. Just when she vows to take that final step that’ll put her past in her past forever, the life she wants to live is yanked away. Leaving her with nothing to pick up the pieces...”
- Positives & Penalties: A Slapshot Novel (Slapshot Series Book 4) by Heather C. Myers <— LIVE!!!
- OH, HENRY (The OHellNO Series Book 2) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— LIVE!!! FAMOUS FOOTBALL STAR & HIS NERDY GIRL LUCKY CHARM ALERT! “…We only dated for a few weeks, and it’s not like I’ve missed her. (Much.) Regardless, all the facts point to one conclusion. Elle is my lucky nerd-charm. Call me superstitious, but I have to get her back before I lose everything. Even if she’s the last girl I should want and she now hates my guts...”
- Ranger (Elemental Paladins Book 4) by Montana Ash
- Surviving Slater (Loving Bad Book 2) by Regan Ure
- Pins and Needles by A.J. Thomas <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! The accident victim and his trial lawyer… “He’ll never be able to work in his field again, his education is all but useless, and his surgeons are pessimistic about whether he’ll ever walk again. He needs someone in his corner, but most lawyers take one look at his tattoo-covered father and turn their backs. It’s just Sean’s luck that the one attorney willing to give him a chance is also the hottest guy he’s ever seen.”
- The Man I Thought You Were by Leah Mercer <— MARITAL STRIFE ALERT!!! IT HURTS & LISA LOVES IT!
Lisa: Attention Marmy lovers, whose angst just can’t get angsty enough, I’m reading an ARC of The Man I Thought You Were by Leah Mercer, and son of a biscuit eater, I have had a lump in my throat since the first page. Just a brief summary – they have a really good marriage and her husband just comes home one day and tells her has to leave, and he does just that – no clothes, no phone, he just leaves and tells her not to look for him. No explanation. But you get his point of view and soon find out why…and the angst just dogpiles on, one thing right after another. Yeah, it’s a little over the top, NO ONE would do those kinda things, right? RIGHT????? It still hurts…and I love it!!!
- SWEAT by Deborah Bladon <— DEBORAH BLADON ALERT!!! “...He stole the only thing that ever mattered to me. Forgiving him is not an option. Apparently, avoiding him at my favorite gym isn’t either. I can hold a grudge forever, can’t I? I just wish my pulse didn’t race every single time he looks my way...”
- Faking It (Metropolis Book 1) by Riley Hart & Devon McCormack <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! OOOOOPS!!! WRONG BED 😉 “…Travis doesn’t get why Gary’s freaking out. So he went home with Gary’s roommate and accidentally crawled into the wrong bed. It’s not the first time he’s woken up in a strange place. Maybe Gary would loosen up a little if he gave it a try as well. Travis has more important things to deal with though…like his meeting with an investor who could give him the money to start his massage clinic. They’re both sure that’s the last time they’ll have to deal with each other until a mix-up leads Gary’s ex and Travis’s investor to think they’re an item, which Gary and Travis use to their benefit by posing as a couple around town...”
- Picking Daisy by Kimberly M. Miller <— LIVE!!! ROCK STAR ALERT! “...Even if Daisy is hard-pressed to believe that a man like Robby would see her—a woman long forgotten by the rest of the world—as anything more than a step back to his career. But Robby challenges Daisy in ways she’d long avoided. With their mutual love of music, it seems nothing can separate them—not Daisy’s wheelchair or Robby’s ego.”
- Come Back To Me by Kathy Coopmans <— LIVE!!! SHE’S GRIEVING HER HUSBAND BUT… maybe she doesn’t have to be… “…She’s lost too many people to count. The one death that destroyed her the most was her husband’s. Only… he didn’t die. What does one do when forced to walk away from his wife?“
- Under Her by Samantha Towle <— LIVE!!! SAMANTHA TOWLE ALERT!!! OFFICE ROMANCE? Well they hate each other! “...the woman they’ve hired is the one girl who hated my guts in college. She thinks I’m an overprivileged, womanizing man-whore. I think she’s an uptight, stuck-up bitch. And, now, she’s here, in my office, telling me how to run my company. I don’t think so...”
- Nate by Celia Aaron <— LIVE!!! MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! “…I rescued Sabrina from a mafia bloodbath when she was 13. As the new head of the Philly syndicate, I sent her to the best schools to keep her as far away from the life—and me—as possible. It worked perfectly. Until she turned 18. Until she came home...”
- UnPlanned by M. Piper <— LIVE!!! SINGLE FATHER ALERT AND OH MY. THAT BLURB HAS ME WONDERING WHAT!!!??!!! What was the bomb that was dropped on them??? “...She’s full of life, and talent, and she’s the exact mother figure my son needs. It’s surprising because she’s the daughter of two very shitty people. Pardon my French. Two people who taught her to hate herself because she didn’t follow their plan for her. Two people that drop a hell of a bomb on us. Right when we think the world’s stopped pitting against us, her family proves us wrong...”
- Master of My Body (Finding Sabrina Book 1) by Marissa Honeycutt <— LIVE!!! GREY FOUND US THIS ONE!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREY!!!
Grey: Hey everyone, Marissa Honeycutt (author of Life of Anna series) released the beginning of a new series today… Master of My Body. The cover is GORGEOUS!! I know that the dark side isn’t for everyone, but it’s definitely one of my favorite genres.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! )
- Fallen Heir: A Novel (The Royals Book 4) by Erin Watt – August 28th 2017
- Muscle Memory by Stylo Fantome – August 28th 2017
- The Lucky Ones by Kit Rocha – August 29th 2017
- So I Married a Sorcerer (The Embraced) by Kerrelyn Sparks – August 29th 2017
- Kiss My Boots (The Coming Home Series Book 2) by Harper Sloan – August 29th 2017
- Pretend You’re Safe by Alexandra Ivy – August 29th 2017
- Bring the Heat (Dragon Kin) by G.A. Aiken – August 29th 2017
- The Duchess Deal (Castles Ever After) by Tessa Dare – August 29th 2017
- The Right Time: A Novel by Danielle Steel – August 29th 2017
- Dr. NEURO (St. Luke’s Docuseries Book 3) by Max Monroe – August 29th 2017
- My Angel (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 9) by Alanea Alder – August 29th 2017
- Nineteen Letters by Jodi Perry – August 29th 2017
- The Time in Between (The Magdalene Series Book 3) by Kristen Ashley – August 29th 2017
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Happy Friday everyone! 🙂
Ghosted – yup!
Sexcation – hells yeah!
Sweat – hot, sweaty man at the gym??? Def, yes.
Faking it – yes, please.
Picking Daisy – swoon
The Man I Thought You Were – Nope! When Lisa gets a lump in her throat, I step away from the book.
Well, at least there is something on this list that I don’t have to add to my bulging TBR right? 😉
Morning. Today, I get to actual celebrate my birthday with a day of doing nothing. Woohoo! Hubby has the day off and I am reading all day!
*birthday glitter* cuz I forgot!
Thanks Maryse for all your hard work. *snuggly hugs* Sorry your sister is leaving. What is on your reading agenda this weekend?
Leslie, how was vacation? Which one of those is your pick after Forget? *sips tea*
Good morning my friends!!!! Back to reading for me. 😀
You’d think since my sister and I are both readers, we’d snuggle-read together but nope. We chatter non-stop (also books factor into the chatter a ton). 😉
POWER-READ!!!! YAY ME!!!!
Grey, enjoy your book-reading, tea-sipping, belated b-day day! 😉
My vacay was good. Went to beach…it wasnt too hot which is great and most importantly we were able to avoid rain. The time slipped away fast and I didn’t really read.
Right now I am reading The Forbidden by Jodi Ellen Malpas and up next is my August “pick for me” book Sins of Sevin by Penelope Ward.
I am having major book anxiety lately though. It’s like there just isn’t enough time to read everything I want AND trying to prioritize & pick the best books!?! *frustrated growl*
I have to really discipline myself to NOT go for the new releases so much and focus on my TBR. 🙁
I blame the evil temptress Maryse *snort* for always luring our twitchy finger towards the shinies.
I started Ghosted! 🙂 I’m only at chapter one. Nate is defintiely on my radar though! 😀 It looks Goooooood! So does planned.
*hugs* It always sucks when you have to leave family after a wonderful vacation. I know what you mean about not reading when they are around. Every time I go to Southern CA to visit family, I almost never get any reading done. 🙂
I’m lining up Something in the Way #2 and Wish You Were Here for my weekend!!!
I’m adding Pins and Needles to my tbr.
Have ya’ll noticed the prices creeping up for both ebooks and audio books?
I’m not really complaining though. It just happened so fast that it was noticeable. It’s still the least expensive hobby I’ve ever had.
I’m ready to get back to my M/M romance reads. The last 4-5 books have been F/M romance. A shout-out to Idol (which I loved), Managed (which I’m loving even more). I’ll come back and tell ya’ll about this dark, almost anti-romance I’ve been listening too. I have to see how it ends first.
LOL Leslie… everyone is calling me a tease this week! 😛
I tease with cookies. And books. 😉
So… I’ve got 2 lined up for the weekend, both received as birthday gifts yesterday. I went through the 2015 & 2016 lists and found that Full Tilt was pretty much the only one heavily favored that was listed on both of them that I hadn’t already read. So that is on the agenda…
Aad then last night, an ARC landed on my kindle that I’ve been anticipating… Heathens by Amanda Richardson, so I’m going to read that one too.
Yay, And with that… I’ve got my chocolate… it’s a touch too early for wine! I’m off to the blankie fort!
Oh yeah… Ghosted sounds PERFECT for me, too. I gotta. I just GOTTA!
I’m really enjoying Ghosted. Not much angst yet, but definitely not happiness.
I agree, Ghosted looks good (and Sexcation and Shift and Oh Henry and Sweat and Picking Daisy)!
I started Lisa’s rec of The Man I Thought You Were and yep, it sucked me right in!
I’m reading Ghosted now and it sucked me in immediately. I think I have a different angst box than most people do. I’ve had a lump in my throat since the prologue.
MINE!!!!! Magic words!! 😀
Robyn, if it’s any consolation, my angst box is broken. I’ve said it before. Honestly, this book is making me so happy to read. It’s not a happy book, but so much is just plain good. And, the little journal stuff, that is what tugs at my heartstrings.
*grins* Robyn, you should read Forget /Blur. Forget in heartfelt and sweet, then Blur comes along and rips you to shreds. My broken angsty self felt it, so you should adore it. 🙂
Oooh I just might! I’m LOVING Ghosted, BTW! OMG the way she’s doing the flashbacks is freaking fantastic. And I usually hate flashbacks!
I want cookies!
I want more birthday cake martinis…
I totally know what you mean about the flashbacks. It’s really clever and it’s done so well. It breaks your heart knowing what will happen. Best thing, it’s done before any detail is significant to the story. So it’s not, duh duh duh… oh, no angst? Well here’s why there should’ve been angst!
I’m deep into A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. I don’t know why I let this sit on my kindle for so long. Such a good book annnnd……I just learned that this series is being made into a movie and they already cast the H and h!
Ghosted sounds good actually. maybe it can lure me away from my HR madness?? I do like a hot rack star. I’m even *tentatively* putting Forget/Blur back on my tbr cos Leslie convinced me I can cope. *gulps*
Speaking of HR (when do I ever not??) I want to read that new Tessa Dare book up there on Maryse’s list. It’s been recced to me on GR, but there is some publishing stuff-up and it won’t be available to Australian kindle readers till 22 Feb 2018. Yup, that’s right folks. All I can say is RIDICULOUS!
Robin, dunno whether I’d read A Discovery of Witches, but I might go to the movie? If it’s cast right 😉
Oops. hot *rock* star. (What is a rack star? I don’t know………..)
I don’t know that we wanna know. Sounds… *ahem* porny-like. 😛
Haha Maryse. That *never* even entered my mind 😉
Ghosted, Maryse. I’m loving every single word. At the rate it’s going, it may make my top ten. A little girl whose idol is her famous dad, but she doesn’t know it? Kill me now.
Jan, he’s a hot actor. 🙂 Still, an awesome book so far.
I LOVED a Discovery of Witches. I think one of the main reasons is it came out when there still weren’t many PNR, and more, it’s intelligently written.
Maryse it does! I was thinking it was about a porn star meeting some guy who will “save” her.
Dang…y’all are killin’ me with Ghosted!!!
Okay, first Wish You Were Here and then Ghosted.
Wait, wasn’t there another catnip read that was calling me? Crap, I need to keep better track of these things…
Midori martinis tonight!! 😀
I wouldn’t mind having a rack that was star worthy.
*pulls out top and looks at chest*
Amy I think it was Frayed Silk and I’ve just read all 3 (well still reading Ghosted). I suggest dropping everything for Ghosted…
*looks at her chest* I’m good.
And after that Forget and Blur. 🙂
*chokes on coffee*
Ghosted good so far!
*giggle* So glad I have you ladies to keep track of catnip reads for me! 😉
Amy, (in case you forgot) I recently suggested you read Forget/Blur that is emotional rock star romance and Push/Pull that is creepy, pysch thrillerish, marmyish.
If I don’t keep track of my “catnips” on GR I am TOTALLY lost. I would absolutely DIE if GR’s servet crashed. DIE!!!!
Ghosted – def reading when I can fit it in
Wish You Were Here – want to read at some point
Frayed Silk – hmmm, not sure on this one
Leslie, WYWH isn’t for you…
So, I am finally, FINALLY getting into Wish You Were Here without any interruptions. Except for chores (blech).
The best part? I don’t remember really anything from the blurb so I am going in pretty much blind…and I love that I get to do that! 😀
I’m reading Ghosted and have been hooked since the very start. LOVING!!!!!!!!!!!
Just finished The Man I Thought You Were and absolutely loved it! 5 stars for me!
I think I have to start Ghosted now with all the rave reviews! Hubby is away so no dirty looks to contend with when reading (and ignoring him…lol!
Dangit ladies!! I’m really, really enjoying Wish You Were Here (come on, it’s Renee Carlino!) but DAMN if I don’t have FOMO and am ready to squirrel because *I* wanna hang out with y’all right now!
*crosses arms and pouts*
Squirrel. Ghosted is soooooo worth it.
But…but…that implies WYWH isn’t good enough to keep my attention, which it IS!
Good lord, I feel like I’m back in high school and don’t want to miss out on what the fun girls are doing. *snort*
I’m going to go for a run (lord help me because I am SO out of shape :?) and then I’ll decide.
I AM NOT SORRY THAT I STARTED GHOSTED RIGHT NOW……SOOOO GOOD!!!!! Do it Amy….*i am the voice inside your head while you are running*!!!!
I’m not saying WYWH isn’t good, I’m saying Ghosted is better.:D
Thanks Robin! You know what I like and if I can eliminate one off the TBR, I am all for that! 😉
I messaged you Leslie, but it’s a sort of spoiler so if you’re still considering it, just delete.
🙂 I totally loved Ghosted. JM Darhower is just a brilliant writer.
I got the email that Ilona Andrew’s next Kate Daniel book was up for pre-order and I seriously just started squealing. It’s called Magic Triumphs. Here’s the funny part. I’m squealing and it’s not even coming out until May of next year. lol
Whaaaat?? Another Kate Daniels book! I’m going to search that out right now. YAY!
For all the Rook and Ronin fans, the last book is coming out in a few weeks called Five. Remember little Five? Well he’s grown up! It’s up for pre order and I can’t wait!
Female of the Species is on sale for 1.99!!! CLICK IT! Don’t think about it, just click it, m’kay? M’kay.
So, I got back from my run yesterday (holy moly, it was ugly *shakes head*) and was going to start Ghosted, but when I opened up my Kindle app to switch books I ended up reading a bit from WYWH. Before I knew it, I was already past 50%. Ghosted will have to wait. 😉
Maryse, you’re going to want to read WYWH. It’s not really angsty, just VERY emotional and one which makes you hold your hand to your forehead and think, “oh sh!t, what is she going to do.” There is just no easy answer for the situation. 😕
Oh I have GOOD reading days ahead of me, then, Amy. I’m 50% into Ghosted (it’s a long one) but still VERY happy to be indulging myself.
And because I’m excited about it and don’t want it lost in my comment up there, I will repeat…
FEMALE OF THE SPECIES IS ON SALE FOR 1.99!!!!!
OH EM GEEEEEEEEEE! I *think* paid full price. And it was WORTH IT!!!!
Oh did *ahem* *someone* gift it to me? 😉 Yeah. STILL SO WORTH IT. LOL!!!!!
I had NO idea Ghosted was so long! I read it sooooo fast. I saw that in a review today and looked it up and yep, long! It could have been double and I wouldn’t have noticed.
Well, I’m sure *someone* agrees it was worth full price. LOL!!!
And WYWH will seem pretty quick after Ghosted. Looks like I, too, have good reading days ahead with Ghosted since y’all are enjoying it so much!
I haven’t read or watched Outlander (even though I did snag the 6-book set when it was listed for like 1.99 that one time!), but I just saw the preview for the upcoming season and OMG! It looks absolutely HEARTBREAKING!!! 😥
You know, I even tried watching the first season of Outlander, and only got 3 episodes in. I think I should give up on it. For some reason it just bores me.
Amy, you would love Outlander show. Lots of heartbreak, death and drama!! Hee hee
Hmmmm…I might give the Outlander show a shot and see if it works for me. I’m probably going to need something to get me out of GoT hangover which I’m sure to have, especially next year when it ends. 😥
Those of you who read UTEOTW…the second book of the spinoff series is out! I read the first book and it was pretty good (but I’m biased towards the first series ;)), but this one is titled Peripeteia which means “a sudden or unexpected reversal of fortune.” After the double smackdown heartbreak of And After, I don’t trust this author one bit not to beat the crap out of my heart again. Heh, at least I’m not as attached to these characters though. 😉
lol I did get All the Stars in the Sky Amy! I haven’t read it yet, because I went kind of nuts on my birthday, but it’s there for when I’m ready.
Are you gonna put it on your pick-for-me list? *elbow nudges Tessa and winks at her*
Tessa…OMG look at this…
I have to admit I got a bit bored with the Outlander TV series as well, and stopped watching after a while. Same with Poldark, actually. Series 2 (of Poldark) was nowhere near as good as S1 IMO. Both had hot actors/Hs, but after a while, meh……
My current fav TV series is Versailles. I’m in series 2 and still loving it. OMG. It’s full of hot French guys with long black hair and sexy eyes. Very saucy and lots of bitching and backbiting and poisoning peeps and stuff. And it is based on real events. That poisoning plot did actually happen. Wow. Some of those people were nuts.
I did not enjoy The Man I Thought You Were. Yes, there was angst, but overall it was just depressing and I’m not sure I ever truly was invested in the H and h. Would rather have a book about the sister. Could have seen what happened with her, when she said she hadn’t had sex with her husband in a year. Also, it bothered me all the trying to find the H and then duh can’t you just follow him to find out where he lived instead of calling and checking out places.
Need a fun read now, even though I do want to jump on the Ghosted bandwagon. Maybe Sexcation or Under Her for the laughs, then Ghosted.
Check these guys.
Ok, the king’s brother is gay. (or bi?) and yes he really was. (The one at the back). It’s a great show.
Amy, that’s so messed up! lol
I looked and they do have Versailles available here. It’s on a weird station, Ovation. I hope it has on demand. 🙂 My luck, it’ll cost 2.99 per episode. *rolls eyes*
Cheryl! Jump on the Ghosted bandwagon. It’s super rewarding. And Maddie will make you smile until your face hurts.
DID YOU SEE! NEW TIJAN OUT! I found out from Maryse posting it on facebook. YEAH!
Yes. What R said. Maddie is just too precious for words.
Game of Thrones…
And now we have to wait another year?? GAH!!!!!!!!!!!
Right? Right? Though, oh, that one death made me dance!
I KNOW!! I was all, no way…no way…no…YES!!!!! I’ll message you the new name we have for him now. *giggle*
But the last scene…I wanted to cry (did you see the condition he was in? *sob*) then furious because of you-know-who then horrified because HOLY MOLY!!!!
Whew! I need to calm down…
Game of mother effing thrones!!! *squee* *Throws leftover GoT glitter*
Omg, guys, I love Outlander! Like, LOVE LOVE!!!
I would never ever get bored with Jamie Fraser.
I love Outlander too. The book I’m reading now the h said she had a date with Jamie Fraser. 😉 Under Her by Samantha Towle. It’s ok so far. Might squirrlel to Ghosted.