BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!!! FOOTBALL STAR ALERT!! Most Valuable Playboy by Lauren Blakely is LIVE TOO!!! ➔➔➔➔➔
Lauren Blakely says: “✮✮✮My new standalone rom-com MOST VALUABLE PLAYBOY is here and I’m donating 10% of all release day sales to hurricane relief efforts, as well as a portion of preorders! So many great reasons to snag a copy TODAY!!✮✮✮”
An auction to win a date with him…
“She’s my best friend’s sister with a smile as sweet as cherry pie and a mind that runs quicker than the 40-yard-dash. After Violet saves the day with the highest bid, I don’t even give her a two-minute warning before I kiss her in front of the whole crowd and then announce that she’s my girlfriend. Which would be fine except my agent tells me we have to keep up the act while he’s negotiating my contract…”
HAPPY SEPTEMBER 1st, happy LONG weekend for so many… and it’s almost fall time!! Is it time for pumpkin spice yet? Is it? Noooooooo? *sigh* I’m craving me some pumpkin spice. Candles, coffee, donuts, the works!! And we’re craving books. I know THAT, at least, we can all agree on. 😉
In fact, some in our crew are remising over their favorite August reads, and some are giving us great feedback on a few of the latest releases.
Take a look at what we found for the weekend!!
- P.S. from Paris (US edition) by Marc Levy <— REVIEWS SOUND AMAZING for this one!!!! She’s a famous actress trying to hide out in Paris and he’s a once famous author… “So she heads across the English Channel to hide in Paris behind a new haircut, fake eyeglasses, and a waitressing job at her best friend’s restaurant. Paul is an American author hoping to recapture the fame of his first novel. When his best friend surreptitiously sets him up with Mia through a dating website, Paul and Mia’s relationship status is “complicated...”
- The Leftover <— SHE’S A HOMEBODY & JOINS A REALITY “SURVIVOR” SHOW & HE JOINS IT TO GET OVER A BROKEN HEART ALERT! This one sounds good!!!! “Megan Malone is the ultimate homebody. When her sister talks her into going on The Leftover, a local version of the TV show Survivor, she isn’t sure she’ll make it past the first vote. Cane Trevino is nursing a broken heart by joining the show as a medic. With time away from his regular job and a dozen contestants to distract him, he hopes he can finally get over the woman he thought was “the one.”
- Devil in Spring: The Ravenels, Book 3 by Lisa Kleypas <— LISA KLEYPAS’S LATEST HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT! AND It’s JAN’S FAVORITE AUGUST READ!
Jan: My top book I read in August would have to be Devil In Spring by Lisa Kleypas. Her latest HR. I put off reading it for months – I don’t know why! But Devil In Spring was LOVELY. What a beautiful book. I remember bev saying she smiled all the way through. Yes! Pandora the slightly kooky/klutzy, sweet, innocent, clever and determined-to-be-independent h. Gabriel the gorgeous, sexy, experienced, warm and loving H who falls in love with her. *happy sigh*
- Three is a War (Tangled Lies Book 3) by Pam Godwin <— PAM GODWIN ALERT (but this series must be read in order!!)
- Her Demon Harem: Reverse Harem Duology 1 (The Succubus Chronicles) by Savannah Skye
- Hot Dominant Heroes: A Sabrina York Anthology by Sabrina York
- First Love Second Chance by Chanta Rand <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE WITH HER EX FOOTBALL STAR ALERT! “...For almost a decade, Shayla Carter has fought feelings of anger, grief, and confusion every time she sees her celebrity ex-husband on TV with some new bimbo draped on his arm. She never imagines the man who filed for divorce after only two months of marriage ever would want anything from her again. So, when he shows up out of the blue with a Texas-sized solitaire and a promise to do right by her, she gives him a reception like hell frozen over. But Colt is persistent...”
- WILD by Adrienne Wilder <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! OH EM GEE THIS SOUNDS SO GOOOOOOOD!!!! A male model with the perfect life is in a devastating plane crash, and meets him… “No sane man would choose to live in the Alaskan bush unless he had something to hide. And Keegan Brooks has secrets darker than night, more dangerous than wolves, more brutal than an Alaskan winter. Every day was a fight for his life until he stumbled upon a downed plane with a lone survivor. Now it’s no longer just Keegan’s life teetering on the edge of survival. It’s his heart…”
- The Game (An Icon Novel) by Vanessa Fewings <— Debra found us this one!
Debra: Also out today is an amazing book by USA Today BS Vanessa Fewings called The Game (An Icon Novel)! It’s steamy, filled with suspense and has a hot alpha male. Thanks!
- Playing It Up: A York Bombers Hockey Romance (The York Bombers Book 4) by Lisa B. Kamps <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT!! “…Haley Addison lives life on her own terms: no rules, no commitments, and no regrets. Fiery in spirit and fiercely independent, she has no interest in being another notch in Zack’s hockey stick. Yet their explosive chemistry won’t be denied, especially when Zach comes to Haley’s rescue. There’s a fine line between love and hate, a line the mismatched pair crosses with as much passion in bed as out of it...”
- Take It Off (The Exes #6) by Cheryl Douglas <—HER FAMOUS COUNTRY STAR EX ALERT! “...My ex is a hotshot country singer who thinks he can have any woman he wants. Except me. He’ll never have me again. I was willing to sacrifice everything to help him chase his dream, but he wanted fame more than he wanted me. At least I found out in time…“
- Until It Fades: A Novel by K.A. Tucker <— SINGLE MOM & FAMOUS HOCKEY PLAYER ALERT! LESLIE’S FAVORITE AUGUST READ!
Leslie: Best of August: Until it Fades by K.A. Tucker (slow burn romance w/single mom h & famous hockey player H)
- A Cowboy’s Heart (The McGavin Brothers Book 4) by Vicki Lewis Thompson <— SHE’S STARTING OVER IN A NEW TOWN ALERT! “...Her new life in Eagles Nest fits her to a tee, especially after she sends her cat-hating, overbearing fiancé packing, and starts singing at the Guzzling Grizzly. She’s on the rebound, so she has no business falling for a sexy cowboy, especially one with emotional scars who turned his back on his music. But oh, when he pulls her into his arms, rational thought goes out the window. He’s even winning over her cat...”
- Hate To Love You by Tijan <— TIJAN’S LATEST & D.G. IS LOVING IT!
D.G.: Reading Tijan ‘s newest Hate to Love You! And I am LOVING it… as if she ever disappoints!
Tessa: I finished I Hate to Love You because… Tijan. I really enjoyed it. It was not a bully book, but super fun. He just annoys the CRAP out of her, and she’s all prickly. See! Fun.
- Mason’s Resolution: A Demented Sons MC Novel by Kristine Allen <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! “…He loved the Army and being a spotter for his best friend Colton, but injuries and loss ended his desire to continue putting his life on the line. Haunted, he returns home to join the Demented Sons MC in an effort to find the camaraderie he lost. Betrayal and a promise to his sister had resolved him to trust lightly and to never ruin another’s relationship. But when theclub goes to Vegas to celebrate his best friend’s wedding, he meets the woman who will bring him to his knees…”
- The Time in Between (The Magdalene Series Book 3) by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY’S LATEST AND Sherida is LOVING it!
Sherida: It got delivered to my kindle this morning and I wanted to just wait for a week or so before I started reading it. That did not work out at all. Started reading two hours ago and it’s 23:23 in my time zone and I just KNOW I won’t be getting any sleep tonight. I’m 40% in and I cannot put it down!!!!’ I just love this writer and her awesome books. Thank you for bringing her into my life!
- The Muse by L.M. Halloran <— TEACHER STUDENT ALERT! “Now in her final year of graduate school, her dream is within reach. She’s ready to put the past behind her and embrace whatever the future brings. Until the future brings him. Professor James Beckett, internationally bestselling author and award-winning poet, is the new head of the Creative Writing Department at her university. Brilliant and obnoxiously sexy, he’s more dangerous than Iris knows…”
- KINDLE FIRST CHOICES for September 2017!!! <— THEY ARE UP!!! Prime members, you can get one of these books early (they aren’t officially “live yet”) for free to read!! 😀 I chose I Am Watching You by Teresa Driscoll. BUT OF COURSE!! 😉 It’s a psych-thriller and sounds AMAZING. MINE!!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! )
- Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass) by Sarah J. Maas – September 5th 2017
- Secrets in Death: An Eve Dallas Novel (In Death, Book 45) by J.D. Robb – September 5th 2017
- Eye Candy by Tijan, J. Daniels, Helena Hunting, Bella Jewel, Tara Sivec – September 5th 2017
- Intensity (Chronicles of Nick) by Sherrilyn Kenyon – September 5th 2017
- Dark Legacy (Carpathian Novel, A) by Christine Feehan – September 5th 2017
- The Woman Who Couldn’t Scream (The Virtue Falls Series) by Christina Dodd – September 5th 2017
- If There’s No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout – September 5th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2018!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).