BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! L.J. SHEN’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! Scandalous (Sinners of Saint Book 4) ➔➔➔➔ ➔➔➔➔
And there goes another one-click to add to my Kindle. 😀 MINE!!! Sounds delightfully forbiddeny (’cause he’s in his 30s and she’s 18)!! Cold and calculating (and single father) that rarely speaks… and she’s going to get hurt.
“…He’s a single dad and my father’s business partner.
I’m just a kid to him and his enemy’s daughter.
He’s emotionally unavailable.
And I am…feeling. Feeling things I shouldn’t feel for him.
Trent Rexroth is going to break my heart. The writing isn’t just on the wall, it’s inked on my soul.
And yet, I can’t stay away…”
TGIF EVERYBODY & Happy first day of fall!!! We have a bunch of new books finds & some awesome feedback on recent releases to take us into the weekend! I’ve got a book review coming up shortly (I LOVED IT!!) and then I’m jumping into a new one, myself. 🙂
<— Quite possibly, that one to the left, since I read book #1 and have been anxiously awaiting this one. Or… Drumline (I AM SO in the mood for that one, and it’s been one of the most highly recommended books this month, plus someone in our crew compared him to Travis!!), or 47 Things and the sequel, One More Thing: (a 47 Things novel) that sound SO amazing and like it just might tear my heart out, and yet make me whole, too), or Vicious (Sinners of Saint) (since my book buds tell me he’s the ultimate JERK), or maybe I Am Watching You (because I’m always in the mood for a good psych-thriller and THIS one has amazing reviews).
Ohhhhh decisions decisions… the best kind of decision to have though since I want to read them all equally. Which one should I choose?
And what book did YOU choose for the weekend?
Take a look at what we found for the weekend!!
- The Evolution of Ivy: Antidote (The Evolution of Ivy, Volume 2) by Lauren Campbell <— LIVE!!!!! SHE’S A SUPER-STALKER & I REALLY ENJOYED BOOK #1! 😀 In fact, here’s my review of book #1 (and yes, they HAVE to be read in order). Here’s a tidbit of what I said to give you an idea 😉 “This stalker-story was calling me (she completely reinvents herself to get him). And Alessandra Torre recommended it, and well, you know me. I love her, and I love psych-thriller love stories (even if it’s bad love). And it’s pretty darn good, too.”
Donna: Bat sh*t crazy!!!!!!!!
- Taking Avery: A Lilith’s Army MC Novel by Ker Dukey & D.H. Sidebottom <— BIKER WAR ALERT!! And they TAKE her! “…Avery belongs to Lilith’s Army now, after being taken against her will, but she isn’t just anyone, she’s a Cutter’s MC Princess, and they don’t take kindly to people taking what’s theirs. As Avery’s life starts to spiral out of control, she finds that her only hope of survival is to put her trust in the man she doesn’t trust at all...”
- Mercy by Debra Anastasia <— DEBRA ANASTASIA’S RECENT RELEASE & IT SOUNDS DARK!!! “…My father holds a grudge and knife with the same proficiency, and Becca is the focus of his hatred. And I’m the only monster who can save her.” And Stephany recommends it (but she’s looking for more like it, so bring on the recommendations!)
Stephany: So I just finished reading Mercy by Debra Anastasia and oh man I loved it! I was hoping you could point me to what I could read next because this one is one of those books that stay with you. I’m really hoping you have read it. Help!
- Broken Shelves (Unquiet Mind Book 3) by by Anne Malcom <— LIVE!! SHE’S A BOOKWORM & HE’S A ROCK STAR… “…A quiet life. Maybe boring, but boring was never dangerous. Until I saw what I was missing out on. Who I was missing out on. The man who shattered my boring, safe life and lay it to ruin. The man I’d been in love with since I was a teenager. Who I’d been invisible to since I was a teenager. The man who just happened to be a world-famous rock star…”
- Chasing Shade by Sommer Marsden <— HE’S HOMELESS & LOST & IT’S SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED! And Nancy found us this one!
Nancy: I love those tortured heroes whether they are recluses, scarred, broken, or in this case homeless. Then comes the heroine to try to save him & all the angst that goes with it. CHASING SHADE by Sommer Marsden has been in my Wish List since 6/26/15..”Archie’s homeless, jobless, living on the road and clueless as to where he’s going.”
- Solace by S.L. Scott <— LIVE!!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “Delilah Noelle never needed much, but she wanted Jason Koster—one time love of her life. When misunderstandings tear the former beauty queen and quarterback apart, can a second chance heal their broken hearts?”
Nancy: Solace by S.L. Scott is released… Best 2nd chance romance ever!
- Up for the Challenge by Riley Hart & Devon McCormack <— LIVE!! RILEY HART M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!! “...The night I rescued the presumably straight Ethan Harris…twice, I figured that would be the last time I saw him. However, he keeps finding his way back into my life and into my bed. Guess he wasn’t as straight as I thought. Ethan’s full of surprises, though, and being bi is just one of them...”
- Chasing Vivi by A.M. Hargrove <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!!! Julie o found it for us!
Julie O: Finished Chasing Vivi a day ago and really enjoyed. It’s a sorta bully book for all of you out there who like those.
- Red Winter (The Red Winter Trilogy Book 1) by Annette Marie <— SEEMS LIKE FANTASY ROMANCE ALERT!!! And Danylle recommends it!
Danylle: Red Winter by Annette Marie is amazing. I’m not sure how I missed it, I loved her Steel and Stone series. Have you ever watched Inuyasha ( It’s a Japanese manga/anime series)? The Red Winter Trilogy is very similar. Its a love story between a miko and a fox yokai (fox demon). This series is definitely worth reading.
- Rocking Standby (Reckless Release Book 1) by Cassandra Lawson <— LIVE!!! ROCK STAR ON A PLANE ALERT!!! “...how did I end up stuck as a standby passenger, hoping to get a flight? Not only did I get stuck in coach, I ended up seated next to the girl next door. Bentley seems sweet and genuine, a far cry from the women I normally date. At least, that’s what I believed before finding out Bentley is a deceitful gold-digger...”
- Dear Bridget, I Want You by Penelope Ward & VI Keeland <— HUGE HUGE HIT, RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!! JENNIFER LOVED IT!
Jennifer: So I realize you have a TBR stack of books BUT….you have to read Dear Bridget, I Want You!!!! Omg is is so dang hilarious and AMAZEBALLS!
Maryse: Oh I love those two authors!! And I have it!!! 😀 Yes I have to read it!
Jennifer: They have skyrocketed to my very fave! They’re individual writing styles are awesome but their collaborations are OFF THE CHARTS amazing!!!
- Hollywood Love: Book 3: A sexy celebrity romance (Hollywood Billionaires) by Jillian Dodd <— LIVE!! JILLIAN DODD ALERT!! Drama…. 😀
- To Save A Life by Michelle Thomas <— LIVE!! CHECK OUT THIS AUTHOR NOTE… “*How To Save A Life is a standalone mix of romance and suspense that includes no cliffhanger, and though it does have a HEA, it might not be the HEA you’d expect.* Okay. I dig it. 😉
- First by Kimberly Adams <— RECENT RELEASE THAT SOUNDED SO GOOD & NOW WE HAVE FEEDBACK! Stacey & Johanna HIGHLY recommend it!
Stacey: Hi Maryse, I love your blog it always helps me choose my next book I wanted to ask if you have ever added First by Kimberley Adams to your blog? If not I feel it’s a must I’m normally terrible and never give feedback and ratings for books but this oh my!! I can’t remember the last time I fell for the characters like I did in this I could feel the love the hate the heartbreak I felt it all in this book and cried and two occasions I honestly have not had a book make me feel like this in years!!! Anyway just a heads up. Sending love from the UK
Johanna: Maryse, have you read First by Kimberly Adams? Kinda emotional and so good! The ending left me wanting more but other than that I read it in one sitting.
- Drumline by Stacy Kestwick <— YEP!!!!! OMG YES, I KNOW!!! It’s yet again on the list ’cause now Chelli recommends it. This is one of the most highly recommended books lately and it’s EXACTLY what I want to read! And last week he was compared to my beloved Travis. WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR?????
Chelli: Don’t know if anyone has mentioned Drumline by Stacy Kestwick. First time I’ve read one of her books but it was sooo good. College romance with sexy, sweet alpha male, strong heroine and perfect amount of angst and drama. Def gonna try something else of hers!! Perfect book to get me out of my book funk
- Winning Her Brother’s Best Friend (Tea for Two Book 2) by Noelle Adams <— LIVE!! HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND ALERT!! “...She definitely doesn’t need Ryan, who is always hanging around and has turned into a real player. When he challenges her to prove which of them is more popular with the opposite sex, she takes him up on the bet. One month. Four Saturday nights. She’ll show him she’s not still holding on to old feelings…“
- Birthquake by B.L. Berry <— LIVE!! HAHAHA!! Sounds hilarious! “Highly prone to spontaneous fits of delirium, irrational logic and violent, unpredictable mood swings. This individual has been sober, swollen and hungry for the past nine months, so proceed with caution and handle with care…“
- Vicious (Sinners of Saint) by L.J. Shen <— BOOK BULLY SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! I just one clicked it!! YAY ME!!!
Tessa says: BULLY BOOK!!! I was up until after midnight just reading, not wanting to stop. Sadly, sleep took over. I saw a bunch of you had read it, but I’m really loving it. He’s such a JERK and I wanted to kick him so badly mutliple times. I do have one issue, and it would have been better revealed earlier rather than thrown in but… He’s a total jerk and you all know I love that.
Kelly: I totally agree with Tessa. Vicious was in the top 3 bully books I’ve read. LJ Shen is an amazing author and the rest of the series is really good too.
D.G.: Hello!!!!! *jumping around and waving* Just got to say that I have fallen for the Sinners of Saint boys. Vicious and Dean are two of my favorite bad boys. Vicious such a total bully.
Donna: I loved this book and yes he was a JERK….
- The Gamble by Alice Ward <— LIVE!!! ARRANGED MARRIAGE ALERT! His father gives him an ultimatum… “...And just like that, I wake up in Vegas with an epic hangover… and a wife. A beautiful wife. A fun wife. A caring and creative wife...”
- Sledgehammer (Hard To Love Book 2) by P. Dangelico <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!! Cheryl & Lisa LOVED it!
Lisa: Sledgehammer by P. Dangeli went live this week. Lots of people loved Wrecking Ball which is the first book. Standalones but interconnected. I freaking loved both but especially Sledgehammer. Slow burn and laugh out loud! One of my top 2017!!!!
Cheryl: What a list Maryse!! Finished Sledgehammer, which I really, really enjoyed. It’s a standalone, but I would recommend reading Wrecking Ball (Hard To Love Book 1) first.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Until It Fades: A Novel by K.A. Tucker <— ONE OF MY ABSOLUTE FOREVER FAVORITES (she saves a famous hockey player in an accident and doesn’t realize who he is) and supposedly it’s just as awesome in audiobook format!!!! Jump on it! P.S. Here’s my review.
Aurelya: I’m so glad this is getting all the love. Just passing on that the audiobook was great too!
- Donovan’s Heart (Fourth Down) by Violet Duke – September 25th 2017
- Forsaken by Night (Moonbound Clan Vampires Book 3) by Larissa Ione – September 25th 2017
- Matched by S.E. Lund – September 25th 2017
- Dark Swan by Gena Showalter – September 25th 2017
- Stone (Pandemic Sorrow Book 4) by Stevie J. Cole – September 25th 2017
- There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins – September 26th 2017
- Completely: A New York Novel (The New York Trilogy) by Ruthie Knox – September 26th 2017
- The Learning Hours (How to Date a Douchebag Book 3) by Sara Ney – September 26th 2017
- Stud Finder (1001 Dark Nights) by Lauren Blakely – September 26th 2017
- Whiskey Sharp: Jagged by Lauren Dane – September 26th 2017
- Chasing Christmas Eve: A Heartbreaker Bay Novel (Healing Harts) by Jill Shalvis – September 26th 2017
- The Hunt (A Devil’s Isle Novel) by Chloe Neill – September 26th 2017
- Too Beautiful to Break (Romancing the Clarksons) by Tessa Bailey – September 26th 2017
- Immortally Yours: An Argeneau Novel by Lynsay Sands – September 26th 2017
- Archangel’s Viper (A Guild Hunter Novel) by Nalini Singh – September 26th 2017
- Running Into Love (Fluke My Life) by Aurora Rose Reynolds – September 26th 2017
- Hail No (Hail Raisers Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale – September 27th 2017
- Racer by Katy Evans – September 28th 2017
- The Next Generation (Conversion Book 4) by S.C. Stephens – September 28th 2017