We’re bracing for Irma here in Florida, but while it’s still calm, I’m in book-mode! Okay, yes, I’m also in prep mode, but who doesn’t have time for books? Books bring me peace especially right now. I need ’em. In fact…
I’m preparing a bunch of book-posts for the rest of the upcoming week to auto-post daily (’cause the blog server is in another state so the blog won’t be affected by the hurricane). So that means you guys can keep hanging out here, no problem at all. I probably won’t have enough electricity to make full on posts later, so that’s why I’m making them now, in advance.
AND!!! IF I’m able (with access to my cell phone), I will make little personal “hurricane updates” at the top of those daily posts to keep everyone updated. <3
P.S. bunch of books just went live, and recommendations are still coming in!
Take a look at what we found for the weekend!!
- We Own Tonight by Corinne Michaels <— LIVE!!! CORINNE MICHAELS!! HE’S FAMOUS & SHE FALLS IN LOVE WITH HIM BUT.. OH EM GEE OH NOOOOOO!! YES!!!!! I LOVE how this blurb ends (and already ripped my heart out!) Okay so… she had a one night stand with her childhood crush who is now a celebrity… “His gorgeous green eyes, rock-hard body, and cocky smile have no place in my world. My life is complicated enough. Someone forgot to tell him that. Eli is relentless. Pushing his way into my heart, wearing me down, proving he’s nothing like I assumed, and everything I need. But when my world shatters to pieces, he holds the broken bits together. Unwillingly, I fall desperately in love with him. He made me think we’d have forever . . . I should’ve listened when he said we could only own tonight.”
Kim: Next up for me!
- Pitch Please (There’s No Crying in Baseball Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LIVE!!! LANI LYNN VALE’S LATEST AND HE’S A BASEBALL STAR!! HE’S A GRUMPY & OFFENSIVE & SHE JUST GOT A JOB IN A MAN’S WORLD… LOL that title makes me laugh, and that cover… 😉 Prettyyyyyyy!!! “...she’s good at her job, and she earned the position. What she is not good at, however, is talking to men. Men seem to see her curvy hips, large breasts and thick thighs and automatically think she is incompetent. Because surely a fat girl couldn’t get the job treating some of the most fit and athletic men in the world, right? Wrong. This fat girl got the job, and she is proud of it. What else did she get? The attention of the sexiest bearded man she’d ever had the pleasure of laying eyes on...”
- Hollywood Love: Book 1: A sexy celebrity romance (Hollywood Billionaires) by Jillian Dodd <— LIVE!! JILLIAN DODD’S LATEST!! “Follow the lives and loves of those who work at Captive Films: …Written soap-opera style with multiple points of view, you can expect lots of drama, sex, and tabloid-worthy events.”
- The Crossroads Duet by Rachel Blaufeld <— LIVE SUPER-BARGAIN duet bundle about TWIN BROTHERS in love with someone they can’t have!!
- Never Let You Go (Forever Yours Book 2) by Andrew Grey <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “Friends since they met in school, Ashton and Brighton soon become much more. Ash and his aunt are Brighton’s haven away from his mess of a family, and when Ash enlists in the Army, Brighton learns to endure his long absences and eagerly awaits his return from missions. Until one day Ash doesn’t come back, and Brighton thinks his greatest fear has come true...”
- The Wicked Horse Boxed Set (The Wicked Horse Series) by Sawyer Bennett <— SAWYER BENNETT FIVE BOOK SERIES BUNDLE ALERT (and also super-bargain priced!!) “Never in your wildest dreams could you begin to imagine all the filthy and depraved things that go on inside The Wicked Horse. Step inside to make every one of your dirty fantasies come true.”
Kathy: I love Sawyer Bennett’s Offside Hockey Series. Her Wicked Horse Series Box Set is on sale … I haven’t read it but snapped it up.
- Deathstalkers MC Box Set Books 1-3 by Alexis Noelle <— BIKER BOOK BUNDLE ALERT!! Super-bargain priced, too! “The men of the Deathstalker MC Club are also loyal to the core. They stand by their club without question or fear, and when it comes to their women, there’s no holding them back. They love fiercely and ferociously. These men play for keeps, getting what they want when they want it…”
- Keeper by Amy Daws <— LIVE!!! FAMOUS SOCCER PLAYER & SHE’S HIS EX-BEST FRIEND… “Best friends for most of their lives, everything changes when Poppy abruptly leaves London for University. Now she is back, and gone is the awkward girl from Booker’s youth. She has been replaced by a stunning woman with secrets. Secrets that Booker is desperate to know…”
- The Hard Count by Ginger Scott <— GINGER SCOTT SUPER-SALE ALERT!! MUCH-LOVED SPORTS HERO BOOK & the author just put it on supersale saying: “It’s a tailgate special LOL in honor of football season.”
Jaime: I finished The Hard Count this morning. Really lovely story with some themes that are really relevant – especially this week. A five star read for me.
Tasha: you should definitely read The Hard Count! It’s so much more than just a romance. More of the focus really is on football, the politics on that, family dynamic and struggles, and there are touches on drugs, gangs, violence. I got really caught up in the football, lol, I caught myself still with spirit chanting “Hoorah” (internally) days after! 😉
Danielle: The Hard Count by Ginger Scott was soooo good. I finished it around 3 this morning. Worth the lack of sleep, for sure lol.
- When We Touch: A second-chance romance by Tia Louise <— TIA LOUISE’S RECENT RELEASE IS SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED RIGHT NOW! The author says:
Tia Louise: My new book is on SALE through the weekend–it’s a sexy, second-chance romance set in a small beach town… two young lovers torn apart by parents’ bitterness… an adorable 4 year old girl and CAKE!!!!
- Untouchable: An Unacceptables MC Standalone Romance by Kristen Hope Mazzola <— LIVE!! BIKER BOOK ALERT! “...The dust was finally settling from our last war. I was sober, the MC was healing from our loss, and life was getting back to normal. But regicide cannot go unpunished. And when a newcomer arrives and threatens all that we hold dear…well, he better watch his back...”
- Cyanide by Ella Fields <— RECENT RELEASE AND WE HAVE AWESOME FEEDBACK!!! “…I wasn’t allowed to have him. Too bad I never cared much for the word no. Because I’d soon learn the hard way that too much self-indulgence could result in incurable consequences.“
Sarah: So I just finished Cyanide by Ella Fields and all I can say is WOW!!!! That’s probably because I stayed up all night to finish it 🙂 But it got me thinking, I would love some suggestions of “other side of the tracks” romance books. I immediately thought of Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles and the Truth and Lies Duet by Pepper Winters but would most definitely appreciate other titles because I’m just not ready to let go of the angst that comes with these types of stories.
- Cross: Devil’s Nightmare MC by Lena Bourne <— LIVE!! BIKER BOOK ALERT! HER STUDENT’S FATHER IS A BAD BOY BIKER… reminding her of the life she left behind. “My father was the president of an outlaw MC, and until I turned twenty-one a world of bikers, mayhem and crime was all I knew. Then a rival gang destroyed it all, killed my family and everyone I held dear, and made me the property of a brutal, ruthless man. I ran away, got an education, and haven’t looked back. Now I’m the guidance counselor at a small town junior high school, my old life so far behind me it might as well be someone else’s past, and I was happy to leave it there. But then I met Cross, the bad boy biker father of one of my wayward students…“
- Coming Up Roses (The Southern Roots Series Book 1) by L.K. Farlow <— LIVE!!! SHE’S SINGLE & PREGNANT & THEN she crashes into him at the supermarket… “...her Grams taught her a thing or two about making lemonade out of life’s lemons. Then she meets Cash Carson. Reeling from a bad breakup, Cash has sworn off love. It led to nothing but pain and misery, and he’s determined to move forward alone. Until a redheaded Southern beauty crashes into him. With her shopping cart. At the local Piggly Wiggly…“
- Because of Him by Terri E. Laine <— LIVE!!! SHE WAS RAISED TO BE AFRAID... and then she met him. “Something inside me fiercely craves normal. Sheltered all my life and taught to be afraid, I want to be bold, fearless. Up until now I’ve kept myself and my heart safe. Tade Astor, a guy so hot he steals my breath away, jeopardizes it all…”
- Undercover: Secrets & Lies by Jennifer Loren <— LIVE!!! JENNIFER LOREN ALERT!! SHE’S UNDERCOVER and then she meets him... “Laila sets out to take down the city’s most powerful criminal while defending the secrets that will keep her alive, but the moment she meets bad boy Benjamin Ryder, her mission takes on a whole new dimension — a deeply personal one…”
Sally: Hey Maryse! I have two new releases to add to your list! … Lily White has a new release Her Master’s Redemption AND Jennifer Loren has a new one out too, Undercover: Secrets & Lies and guess what?!?! OUR very own Lori LovesBooks Jackson did the cover! Isn’t it AWESOME?!?! … Love ya! and STAY SAFE!! xoxo
- Her Master’s Redemption by Lily White <— LIVE!!! LILY WHITE DARK READ ALERT!! And can be read as a standalone. “...She thought she could deny me. She thought she could choose her fate or determine the course her life would run. She thought she would never love another because she couldn’t love herself. With a shattered heart and rebellious mind, she believed her life was broken. She chose death as an avenue to escape the life she was given, and she believed there was nobody who could stand in her way. As her Master, it was my duty to show her… …that all her beliefs were wrong.”
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love: The perfect laugh out loud romantic comedy you won’t be able to put down by Charlotte Butterfield <— LIVE!! SHE’S TAKING A BREAK FROM MEN… “Luckily, she has plenty to keep her mind off men. Between starting a business with ice queen Lucy, straightening out her sister Tasha’s tangled love life, and running a blog read by thousands of single ladies, Leila is soon snowed under. But she can’t help finding a little time for irresistible architect Nick – Lucy’s funny and infuriatingly sexy brother…”
- Lucky Number Eleven by Adriana Locke <— ADRIANA LOCKE’S LATEST JUST WENT LIVE TODAY TOO! FOOTBALL STAR & HIS TEAMMMATE’S (and his ex best friend’s) SISTER ALERT!! “People say not to believe the things you read in magazines, but you know what? Most things you’ve heard about me are probably true… …Now, I know you’re wondering about that last Expose headline—the one about me and my teammate (and ex-best friend) Finn Miller’s sister, Layla James. That one is a little more complicated.”
- Guarded by R.C. Martin <— LIVE!! “…what exists between us Deserves a chance, but he won’t let me in…”
- Grady Judd (Heartbreakers & Heroes Book 1) by Ciana Stone <— LIVE! HE’S A HEARTBREAKER, BUT NOW HE’S NOT THE ONLY HEARTBREAKER IN TOWN… “He was a sexy temptation, rolled up in a fine male package, and was all too willing to deliver a night of pleasure. He was also completely unwilling to let anyone inside his impenetrable wall. It was all fun and games or nothing at all. Until he showed back up in Cotton Creek this time to discover that he’s not the only heartbreaker in town, which leads to a whole new game and an entirely new question. Could Grady Judd finally have met his match?” P.S. Tee hee!! I’m especially giggling over the title of this book (the hero’s name), ’cause we have a Sheriff Grady Judd here in Florida (close to my own county) and he’s pretty infamous. But er… not for the “heartbreaker” thing.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (A few of next week’s!!! )
- Play On by Samantha Young – September 12th 2017
- Temporary by Sarina Bowen & Sarah Mayberry – September 12th 2017
- The Final Score (A Play-by-Play Novel Book 13) by Jaci Burton – September 12th 2017
- Fraternize (Players Game Book 1) by Rachel Van Dyken – September 12th 2017
- Lust (Vegas Nights, #2) by Emma Hart – September 12th 2017
- Bloodguard: A Mission Novel by Megan Erickson – September 12th 2017
- Autoboyography by Christina Lauren – September 12th 2017
- Drunk on You (Hope Town Book 4) by Harper Sloan – September 12th 2017
- Dirty Little Secret (Forbidden Desires Book 1) by Kendall Ryan – September 14th 2017
- The Outskirts: The Outskirts Duet: Part One by T.M. Frazier – September 17th 2017
- Exes with Benefits by Nicole Williams – September 18th 2017