Well… there is too much AWESOME to choose from. And I’ve been… “book-frozen”. I have no idea what to read next because I have too many that I want to read. At the same time. So… somehow it ends up that I’m not reading anything. GAH!! I’m completely BLOCKED trying to choose… I want to read the lottery ticket winner, I want to read the prison teacher, I want to read Eleanor & Park, I want to read Susan Fanetti’s biker series, I want to read Therapy, I want to read… oh the list goes ON. Good problem to have… 😀
Monica: Best problem to have!!!! Start with the 1st one you wrote on here. Go in that order… lol 🙂
Maryse: Great strategy, Monica. Maybe subconsciously I’ve answered my own question…
Hilaria: Oh, Eleanor & Park!!!
Dena: Me too!! Just finished Coda! Can’t decide what to read next!!!
Brenda: I have the same problem.
Sapphire: yes! I had no time for leisure reading during this last semester. I’m finally on summer break and I have so many books that I don’t know where to start! I can’t choose!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Never Let You Go (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery <— JUST RELEASED & Nancy found it for us saying: “Today NEVER LET YOU GO by Katy Regnery came out. Us fans of THE VIXEN & THE VET were anxiously waiting for today. This book is a standalone & entirely new book. It is on sale for the release day & 25% of the gross royalties for June & July go to the Elizabeth Smart Foundation.“
- The Vixen and the Vet (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery <— and here is book #1 (he’s a reclusive ex-military…)
- Trusting Liam: A Taking Chances and Forgiving Lies Novel by Molly McAdams <— Lauren found us this super-sale saying: “The new Molly McAdams book that was in Maryse’s new release list this Tues”
- Jericho: A New Adult MC Romance (The Barringer Brothers Book 4) by Tess Oliver <— JUST RELEASED!! NEW BIKER PREZ ALERT!! “Roxie Palmer has been stuck playing girlfriend to Trace Gamble for a year, and she hates him more each day. But if she leaves him, her family will suffer the consequences. Up until now, she’d accepted her fate of living in a loveless relationship with a man she despises. But Jericho Walsh, Trace’s newest employee, has swept into her life with his amazing looks and dangerous charm, and now all she can think of is breaking free.”
- Wayward Beginning (Wayward Saints MC Book 3) by K Renee <— JUST RELEASED BIKER PREZ ALERT AGAIN!!! “After losing his wife to a rival club drive by and his daughter to her selfish mother, Cason vowed to never get close to another woman. The minute the sassy lawyer walked into his bar, he knew he was in for trouble.”
- The History of Us by Nyrae Dawn <— JUST RELEASED M/M ROMANCE!!
- Healed by Love (Love in Bloom: The Bradens) by Melissa Foster <— JUST RELEASED!!! BEST FRIENDS LITTLE SISTER ALERT! He always stayed away due to her age and her brother but… “Jewel is no longer sixteen years old—but there’s an even bigger obstacle standing in his way. Nate and Rick joined the military together eight years earlier. Nate came home a hero, but Rick didn’t make it out alive.“
- Twisted Bond (Holly Woods Files, #1) by Emma Hart <— JUST RELEASED!! She’s a private investigator and her brother are all cops! “…my connection to the victim is entirely coincidental. Until I’m hired by her husband to investigate her murder and shoved bang-smack into the path of Detective Drake Nash. My nemesis, a persistent pain in my ass, and one hell of a sexy son of a bitch.“
- Love Crushed by Toshia Slade <— JUST RELEASED & it’s book #2
- Ten Year Crush by Toshia Slade <— here’s book #1!
- Clara’s Heart (A Moment in Time Novel Book 2) by Kitty Margo <— JUST RELEASED/ TIME TRAVEL (and it’s book #2). Don’t read the blurb, but I did, and it sounds like an angsty love triangle!! GAH those covers are beautiful!!
- Clara’s Song (A Moment in Time Novel Book 1) by Kitty Margo <— And here’s book #1!! TIME TRAVEL ALERT!! “Clara was born with a veil, and the ability to see into the future. This much she knows. What she doesn’t know is what other gifts will be revealed when she turns eighteen in a few months.“
- The Ghost Bride: A Novel (P.S.) <— OMG THAT BLURB ALERT!!!!! Bev found it for us and it’s from my brand new “ghost romance & love stories” list and I had to highlight it separately, right here. Why? ‘Cause it’s SUPER bargain priced right now and OMG IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!! I’m an addict of asian ghost stories… and that sounds beyond unique!!!! I gotta read it. I’m totally one clicking it right now. “Li Lan, the daughter of a genteel but bankrupt family, has few prospects. But fate intervenes when she receives an unusual proposal from the wealthy and powerful Lim family. They want her to become a ghost bride for the family’s only son, who recently died under mysterious circumstances. Rarely practiced, a traditional ghost marriage is used to placate a restless spirit. Such a union would guarantee Li Lan a home for the rest of her days, but at a terrible price.” <— GASP!!!! !!!!
- Shut Up and Kiss Me by Madeline Sheehan & Claire C Riley <— Bringing it back ’cause Lisa loved it! “I just finished Shut Up and Kiss Me. I would highly recommend if your looking for a suggestion and a push to read a book!! As is we ever need one!!!”
- Time Served by Julianna Keyes <— another much loved recent release that keeps getting recommended!
- Prude by Hilaria Alexander <— Brought to my attention by the author and it sounds like good ol’ contemporary romance fun! “about a young adult author who finds herself at an impasse after partying ways with her publishing company and the sexy book agent who offers to help her.”
- Empathy by Ker Dukey <— DARK READ ALERT!! Back on the list ’cause it freaked Elizabeth out! “I just finished Empathy & Desolate. My face is still frozen in shock but I loved every minute! “
- First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones <— Megan is loving a series that I know SO many here love! So if any of you have missed this one, I hear it’s a must. She says: “I’m loving the charley Davidson books!!! It’s Stephanie plum meets Sookie stackhouse in a really awesome way. And since it’s a series, so I won’t be bored for a smidgen of time.”
- Mariana by Susanna Kearsley <— Laura recommends this one: “Just ended “Mariana” by Joanna Kersley *book fog/hangover *” Sounds a bit creepy and intriguing and gorgeous: “Julia Beckett believes in destiny, settling into her rustic new home, Julia encounters haunting remnants of a beautiful young woman who lived and loved there centuries ago.It’s seems Mariana has been waiting for Julia.”
- Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt Book 1) by Heidi Cullinan <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT and Hanne says best book of her year! “Best book of the year for me was “Carry The Ocean”. The world would be a better place if everyone read this. I feel like it made me a better person for sure!” OMG it DOES sound awesome! “High school graduate Jeremey Samson is looking forward to burying his head under the covers and sleeping until it’s time to leave for college. Then a tornado named Emmet Washington enters his life. The double major in math and computer science is handsome, forward, wicked smart, interested in dating Jeremey—and he’s autistic.”
- Say Goodnight, Gracie by Julie Reece Deaver <— UGLY CRY ALERT!! bev remembers this one, saying: “All of a sudden I just remembered a book I read in my young teens. It’s the sobbing I remember, just ugly cry. I was laying on my living room floor, reading & crying, when my best friend showed up. She was like what is wrong!!! Lol. Anyway the title just popped into my head. Say Goodnight, Gracie. Did anyone ever read this?” and Mo agrees: “Say Goodnight, Gracie was my first favorite book. Now we’re best friends, because you’re the only other person who knows how magical it is. Ah. I think read it 20 times in one summer and I cried sooner, earlier, each time I read it.“
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE! <— Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- Full Contact: Worth the Fight Series by Sidney Halston <— Gabby recommends it! “Full Contact by Sidney Halston just went live for audio. Listening now and loving it’
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah <— One of my FAV books this year and Jessica is loving the audiobook version. “I’m listening to this on audible and it’s been incredible so far. I’m about half way through. I just really, really hope that i’m not a mess at the end.”
- One for the Money: A Stephanie Plum Novel, Book 1 by Janet Evanovich <— Daniela is loving this one! “Just discovered this series in audiobook format from my public library! Love love love! So funny listening while I drive to work.”
PRE-ORDERS (This month!!)
- The Song of David by Amy Harmon <— COMING OUT TOMORROW!!!! :D!!!
- King by T.M Frazier <— June 15th 2015
- BLUE by H.J. Bellus <— June 16th 2015
- Beneath These Chains (Beneath Series Book 3) by Meghan March <— June 16th 2015
- Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian by E.L. James <— June 18th 2015
- True Devotion (The True Series) by Liora Blake – June 22nd 2015
- The Girl I Was Before (The Falling Series Book 3) by Ginger Scott – June 23rd 2015
- Sins of the Innocent: A Novella by Jamie McGuire – June 28th 2015
- Priest: A Love Story by Sierra Simone <— June 29th 2015 Ruh ROH!!! Forbidden alert?? OH YESSSSSSS!!!
“My name is Tyler Anselm Bell. I’m twenty-nine years old. Six months ago, I broke my vow of celibacy on the altar of my own church, and God help me, I would do it again. I am a priest and this is my confession.”
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).