Well… there is too much AWESOME to choose from. And I’ve been… “book-frozen”. I have no idea what to read next because I have too many that I want to read. At the same time. So… somehow it ends up that I’m not reading anything. GAH!! I’m completely BLOCKED trying to choose… I want to read the lottery ticket winner, I want to read the prison teacher, I want to read Eleanor & Park, I want to read Susan Fanetti’s biker series, I want to read Therapy, I want to read… oh the list goes ON. Good problem to have… 😀
Monica: Best problem to have!!!! Start with the 1st one you wrote on here. Go in that order… lol 🙂
Maryse: Great strategy, Monica. Maybe subconsciously I’ve answered my own question…
Hilaria: Oh, Eleanor & Park!!!
Megan: Therapy… Then Eleanor & Park
Dena: Me too!! Just finished Coda! Can’t decide what to read next!!!
Brenda: I have the same problem.
Michelle: I am in the same boat! Stuck between Pound of flesh, Wrong & Jezebel!
Sapphire: yes! I had no time for leisure reading during this last semester. I’m finally on summer break and I have so many books that I don’t know where to start! I can’t choose!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Never Let You Go (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery <— JUST RELEASED & Nancy found it for us saying: “Today NEVER LET YOU GO by Katy Regnery came out. Us fans of THE VIXEN & THE VET were anxiously waiting for today. This book is a standalone & entirely new book. It is on sale for the release day & 25% of the gross royalties for June & July go to the Elizabeth Smart Foundation.“
- The Vixen and the Vet (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery <— and here is book #1 (he’s a reclusive ex-military…)
- Trusting Liam: A Taking Chances and Forgiving Lies Novel by Molly McAdams <— Lauren found us this super-sale saying: “The new Molly McAdams book that was in Maryse’s new release list this Tues”
- Jericho: A New Adult MC Romance (The Barringer Brothers Book 4) by Tess Oliver <— JUST RELEASED!! NEW BIKER PREZ ALERT!! “Roxie Palmer has been stuck playing girlfriend to Trace Gamble for a year, and she hates him more each day. But if she leaves him, her family will suffer the consequences. Up until now, she’d accepted her fate of living in a loveless relationship with a man she despises. But Jericho Walsh, Trace’s newest employee, has swept into her life with his amazing looks and dangerous charm, and now all she can think of is breaking free.”
- Wayward Beginning (Wayward Saints MC Book 3) by K Renee <— JUST RELEASED BIKER PREZ ALERT AGAIN!!! “After losing his wife to a rival club drive by and his daughter to her selfish mother, Cason vowed to never get close to another woman. The minute the sassy lawyer walked into his bar, he knew he was in for trouble.”
- The History of Us by Nyrae Dawn <— JUST RELEASED M/M ROMANCE!!
- Healed by Love (Love in Bloom: The Bradens) by Melissa Foster <— JUST RELEASED!!! BEST FRIENDS LITTLE SISTER ALERT! He always stayed away due to her age and her brother but… “Jewel is no longer sixteen years old—but there’s an even bigger obstacle standing in his way. Nate and Rick joined the military together eight years earlier. Nate came home a hero, but Rick didn’t make it out alive.“
- Twisted Bond (Holly Woods Files, #1) by Emma Hart <— JUST RELEASED!! She’s a private investigator and her brother are all cops! “…my connection to the victim is entirely coincidental. Until I’m hired by her husband to investigate her murder and shoved bang-smack into the path of Detective Drake Nash. My nemesis, a persistent pain in my ass, and one hell of a sexy son of a bitch.“
- Love Crushed by Toshia Slade <— JUST RELEASED & it’s book #2
- Ten Year Crush by Toshia Slade <— here’s book #1!
- Clara’s Heart (A Moment in Time Novel Book 2) by Kitty Margo <— JUST RELEASED/ TIME TRAVEL (and it’s book #2). Don’t read the blurb, but I did, and it sounds like an angsty love triangle!! GAH those covers are beautiful!!
- Clara’s Song (A Moment in Time Novel Book 1) by Kitty Margo <— And here’s book #1!! TIME TRAVEL ALERT!! “Clara was born with a veil, and the ability to see into the future. This much she knows. What she doesn’t know is what other gifts will be revealed when she turns eighteen in a few months.“
- The Ghost Bride: A Novel (P.S.) <— OMG THAT BLURB ALERT!!!!! Bev found it for us and it’s from my brand new “ghost romance & love stories” list and I had to highlight it separately, right here. Why? ‘Cause it’s SUPER bargain priced right now and OMG IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!! I’m an addict of asian ghost stories… and that sounds beyond unique!!!! I gotta read it. I’m totally one clicking it right now. “Li Lan, the daughter of a genteel but bankrupt family, has few prospects. But fate intervenes when she receives an unusual proposal from the wealthy and powerful Lim family. They want her to become a ghost bride for the family’s only son, who recently died under mysterious circumstances. Rarely practiced, a traditional ghost marriage is used to placate a restless spirit. Such a union would guarantee Li Lan a home for the rest of her days, but at a terrible price.” <— GASP!!!! !!!!
- Shut Up and Kiss Me by Madeline Sheehan & Claire C Riley <— Bringing it back ’cause Lisa loved it! “I just finished Shut Up and Kiss Me. I would highly recommend if your looking for a suggestion and a push to read a book!! As is we ever need one!!!”
- Time Served by Julianna Keyes <— another much loved recent release that keeps getting recommended!
- Prude by Hilaria Alexander <— Brought to my attention by the author and it sounds like good ol’ contemporary romance fun! “about a young adult author who finds herself at an impasse after partying ways with her publishing company and the sexy book agent who offers to help her.”
- Empathy by Ker Dukey <— DARK READ ALERT!! Back on the list ’cause it freaked Elizabeth out! “I just finished Empathy & Desolate. My face is still frozen in shock but I loved every minute! “
- First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones <— Megan is loving a series that I know SO many here love! So if any of you have missed this one, I hear it’s a must. She says: “I’m loving the charley Davidson books!!! It’s Stephanie plum meets Sookie stackhouse in a really awesome way. And since it’s a series, so I won’t be bored for a smidgen of time.”
- Mariana by Susanna Kearsley <— Laura recommends this one: “Just ended “Mariana” by Joanna Kersley *book fog/hangover *” Sounds a bit creepy and intriguing and gorgeous: “Julia Beckett believes in destiny, settling into her rustic new home, Julia encounters haunting remnants of a beautiful young woman who lived and loved there centuries ago.It’s seems Mariana has been waiting for Julia.”
- Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt Book 1) by Heidi Cullinan <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT and Hanne says best book of her year! “Best book of the year for me was “Carry The Ocean”. The world would be a better place if everyone read this. I feel like it made me a better person for sure!” OMG it DOES sound awesome! “High school graduate Jeremey Samson is looking forward to burying his head under the covers and sleeping until it’s time to leave for college. Then a tornado named Emmet Washington enters his life. The double major in math and computer science is handsome, forward, wicked smart, interested in dating Jeremey—and he’s autistic.”
- Say Goodnight, Gracie by Julie Reece Deaver <— UGLY CRY ALERT!! bev remembers this one, saying: “All of a sudden I just remembered a book I read in my young teens. It’s the sobbing I remember, just ugly cry. I was laying on my living room floor, reading & crying, when my best friend showed up. She was like what is wrong!!! Lol. Anyway the title just popped into my head. Say Goodnight, Gracie. Did anyone ever read this?” and Mo agrees: “Say Goodnight, Gracie was my first favorite book. Now we’re best friends, because you’re the only other person who knows how magical it is. Ah. I think read it 20 times in one summer and I cried sooner, earlier, each time I read it.“
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE! <— Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- Full Contact: Worth the Fight Series by Sidney Halston <— Gabby recommends it! “Full Contact by Sidney Halston just went live for audio. Listening now and loving it’
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah <— One of my FAV books this year and Jessica is loving the audiobook version. “I’m listening to this on audible and it’s been incredible so far. I’m about half way through. I just really, really hope that i’m not a mess at the end.”
- One for the Money: A Stephanie Plum Novel, Book 1 by Janet Evanovich <— Daniela is loving this one! “Just discovered this series in audiobook format from my public library! Love love love! So funny listening while I drive to work.”
PRE-ORDERS (This month!!)
- The Song of David by Amy Harmon <— COMING OUT TOMORROW!!!! :D!!!
- King by T.M Frazier <— June 15th 2015
- BLUE by H.J. Bellus <— June 16th 2015
- Beneath These Chains (Beneath Series Book 3) by Meghan March <— June 16th 2015
- Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian by E.L. James <— June 18th 2015
- True Devotion (The True Series) by Liora Blake – June 22nd 2015
- The Girl I Was Before (The Falling Series Book 3) by Ginger Scott – June 23rd 2015
- Sins of the Innocent: A Novella by Jamie McGuire – June 28th 2015
- Priest: A Love Story by Sierra Simone <— June 29th 2015 Ruh ROH!!! Forbidden alert?? OH YESSSSSSS!!!
“My name is Tyler Anselm Bell. I’m twenty-nine years old. Six months ago, I broke my vow of celibacy on the altar of my own church, and God help me, I would do it again. I am a priest and this is my confession.”
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
I thought you had started E& P! Stabbed through the heart with a peanut butter hot dog!
I immediately 1-clicked Never Let You Go because I LOVED The Vixen and the Vet! This might be my next read. Although I’ve been feeling like everyone else, so much to read, and not sure what to start next.
And I am so intrigued by The Ghost Bride but it’s not my norm……..
Oooo bev, I thought she started E&P too. She tricked us!!!!!
Eleanor and Park is a special book! One you won’t soon forget. I kicked myself for waiting to read that and Fault In Our Stars.
Susan Fanetti’s Signal Bend series is phenomenal. The fifth book in the series was a full blown box of Kleenex, ugly cry. I couldn’t believe that she actually went there with her characters. All the Sky definitely left a scar on my heart.
OMG Cher THAT BOOK Show the Fire by Fanetti kicked my ass!!!!!!! Why oh why would you do THAT! I sobbed and almost hurt my poor IPad!!!!!
I read the first book of Susan Fanetti!! Sounds like I better get on with the next book in the series!!! Loved the first book!!! There’s really something to say when the whole series or at least a few of the books are out!! I can’t take the cliff hangers!! I just finished reading Amber to Ashes!! Wow!!! Talk about cliff hanger!! Gail McHugh sure knows how to write!! Love her books!! When’s the next one out?? I’m still glad I read it so angsty and then some!! Hot hot hot!!!
i’m ready to read Susan Fanetti when you are Maryse!! (i may have started already)
Thank you so much for saying Amber to Ashes has a cliff hanger!!!! I’ve been trying to get an answer on GR but nobody has replied.
Oh NO bev!!!!
LOL! I HAVE started E&P…
that was my Facebook post from 2 days ago that spurred on so many VERY awesome sounding recs. 😉
Ela and Cher… I already know what happens in that book. Stupid spoilers. LOL!!!
I don’t even know the characters but oh boy do I KNOW that book. I’ll still read the series…
Jean, In V&V wasn’t it hard the way things were resolved with the whole party incident. But maybe believable?
And the was they talked about him, gah!
Lol, sorry. The Vixen and the Vet.
Oh, I read Time Served and Carry the Ocean.
I tried to read the first book of the Signal Bend series a couple of days ago but just couldn’t get into it (nothing to do with the book AT ALL, just me being in a mood I guess) but after seeing the comments from Ela and Cher up there, now I want to try it again. You guys know I can’t resist those kind of reactions. 😀 But for now I’m loving Becoming Calder…I knew you wouldn’t steer me wrong, Jean!
Oooooh Maryse, did you say you’re thinking about Therapy? Finally?? I can’t wait to see what kind of feels that *you* get from it. 😉
…that is, IF you actually do read it… 😛
I downloaded Becoming Calder a couple of days ago. You’ll have to let me know how you like it Amy.
Home finally. Time for a cold drink, book, and a dinner of tater tots, lol.
Maryse is liking it!! Lol, I feel like those kids from that old Life cereal commercial.
Amy and Fabi, Becoming Calder was so good! I was grateful I already had Finding Eden to start about 30 seconds after I finished Becoming Calder.
I’ve heard so many good things about the Signal Bend series. I might have to start that one. I’m in the mood for a good series, one that I can binge on instead of agonizing impatiently after another damn cliffhanger!
Never Let You Go sounds like I’ll need a whole box of kleenex to go with it. I’m a complete sucker for stories where the H/h have the childhood shared history thing and find their fated way back to each other. Makes me sigh and cry every damn time!
I LOVED the vixen and the vet. Can’t wait to read her next one.
Why am I not finding Jezabel available for kindle?? Keep seeing it mentioned here as a must read but cant find it. Suggestions??
Can someone tell me please if ‘Eleanor and Park’ has HEA ??
I would love to read this one but not in the mood for sad ending.
Shell, that’s considered a spoiler on here. I’m sorry. That’s the big no around these parts, many of our friends will not read the book at all if they know how It ends or any of the twist. I’m sorry. But you probably could Google it. In fact I think it has a wiki page. Any book or movie on there usually is completely summarized from beginning to end. Just don’t come back and say what you saw, lol. Plus on the board Is a spoiler thread. You could ask on there too. I hope that helps. 🙂
Elle Kennedy & Sarina Bowen wrote a book together?? That will be a one click!!
Thank you Bev. Ok will go and find out from my best friend ‘Google’ . I am a bit crazy like that, if I know the book has sad ending I like to be mentally prepared. Sorry did’t want to cause no trouble.
Totally get it. That’s how I know Wikipedia will pretty much tell you a whole story lol.
Yay Amy… Becoming Calder! Agree with Michelle F, you will need to jump right into Finding Eden!!
Bev, what is the book by Elle and Sarina? I think I missed it and too lazy to scroll up and look. Lol!
Has anyone read both the Downside Ghosts series and the Demon Cycle series? Michelle maybe? I find that there are general similarities in the plots. Anyone else see these?
Im going to start Time Served. I just finished going the distance by the same author and it was so good! I five star loved it! I get so excited when I find an author that I really like. She’s Canadian too so that’s a plus!
Jean it’s called Him. M/M hockey. Not sure when it comes out.
Bev, I checked Amazon for Him and didn’t see it available for preorder. I’m excited about this one too. This one because of the authors and Priest coming out at the end of the month because its such a wild plot twist.
Finishing After Hours and then need to decide next read. I totally understand “book frozen” Maryse. I don’t know if it’s too many books to choose from or trying to find that “different” story with the “feel.” I haven’t read E&P or Becoming Calder. Never Let You Go has a Sweet Gum Tree feel to it and Shut Up and Kiss Me sounds good too. Decisions, decisions…
I’m so glad I’m not the only one who goes through that “I don’t know what to read next” with over 1000 books sitting in my tbr and new ones coming out every week. It seems crazy to me. And yet, I’m not alone. Thank goodness.
I’m in between books too and struggling with what to read next! Ugh!
Maryse, looking at your fb update, did you go blond?
Nope… still same color. Reddish brownish blondish. LOL!!! I was backlit by the sun, so maybe it lightens me? NICE!!! 😀
I just fell through a rabbit hole reading E&P quotes. Makes me want to do a re read …..but to many in my tbr. One being Landline in my library stack & a Jandy Nelson book. So, Whoot that. I really did like The Sky Is Everywhere.
And finally tried the Sangrita Mountain Dew.
Bev…Sangrita MD is some good stuff, right? 😉
Believe me ladies…I have Finding Eden downloaded and ready to go right after I finish up Calder. Flu has been kicking my a$$ since late yesterday to the point where I haven’t even felt like reading. Stupid flu. Oh well…a bunch of ginger ale, chicken noodle soup, DayQuil and Ricola and I’m ready to dive (okay, crawl) back into reading!
Here Amy… your snuggly stuffed manatee. And some aspirin (for some reason aspirin always works on me) and *splashes a shot of whisky in her gingerale* And…
*Turns lights to “soothing” before leaving*
Soooooo Maryse…whatcha think of E&P so far? *elbow nudges Maryse*
*hands Maryse sanitzing wipes* Sorry about the germs… 😛
OMG started reading Never Let You Go and loving it. So heartbreakingly sad and sweet. Holden and Griselda *sigh* my heart hurts right now.
Amy, hope you’re feeling better!
Nope haven’t read that series Fabi, they are too expensive for me still but I’ve been watching them for a sale. You think Chess is messed up now…brace yourself and continue on…
The first Signal Bend book I have sitting in my tbr and almost went for it recently but I really need to just jump in since all I hear is gushing over that series!
Feel better Amy! Sanitize you ereader after ya lay the smack down on the flu 😉
Amy, feel better. It stinks being too sick to read. Sometimes good for old tv eps or favorite movies.
Hmm, I wonder if you got Tessa’s germs.
*side eyes Tessa*
At 25% of Never Let You Go and it is so good!!! Cant put it down and according to the reviews, the 2nd half of the book is very Angsty! Will be a late night for me!
*eyes widen* Maybe I caused it…
*Hugs* I hope you get better Amy. It does sound like what I had already with the lack of desire to even read. Here… Tea. *hands a cup* Laced with ru… um… lemons!
I’m still reading Dark Debt. Talk about busy day. I barely had time to read it, and am only about half way through. Loving it though. Full of politics and scaries. *grins*
Maryse I saw Nyrae Dawn’s The History of Us on your new releases and I like her stuff so I immediately one clicked. OMG what a freaking fantastic read. Every single person needs to read this book even if you’re not a m/m fan. There is really no sex and it is a heartbreaking and beautiful story about what a gay person goes through. I will never forget this book.
Amy hope you feel better soon. We have some bug with staying power going around here also, but thankfully its not as bad as the flu. *shudder* I’ve never had the flu, knock on wood.
*gapes up at Fabi*
An extra sumpin-sumpin in my tea and ginger ale?? And my stuffed manatee and more meds and dim lights???? Y’all are the bestest!!
I probably *did* catch Tessa’s bug ’cause I don’t acknowledge that little thing called personal space and am always huggin’ you guys. 😉 But Maryse won’t be getting sick since she always has her handy-dandy Lysol on hand. And neither will Fabi apparently since she has some kind of freaky flu immunity. Not fair, Fabi…but lucky you!!
My sweet friends, as soon as I’m free of germs I’m giving allllllll y’all big ol’ hugs for all of the well wishes!!! 😀
Never Let You Go is sounding more and more tempting…angst, heartbreakingly sad, sweet? Cheryl and Shirley, you guys are killin’ me with those descriptions!
Speaking of NLYG, did any of you ever see the movie with that title or read the book it was based on (not the current one we’ve been talking about)? It’s another one where I saw the movie but didn’t read the book, but it was sooooo sad. Not like sobbing-sad but more hauntingly sad and left me feeling kinda hollow for a couple of days. In other words, my kind of perfect. 😉
That you have never had the flu, Fabi.
Really you are missing out. Muscle ache, fever, chills, throwing up, and fatigue, lol. Don’t knock it til you try it.
Oh no, no, no ,no…every time someone tries to come near me with that yearly flu vaccine I pull out my cross, garlic and wooden stake. I’ve never had the flu, and with my luck, if I get the vaccine it would cause the flu. I get the occasional cold. One I’m fighting right now with sore throat and congestion, but I can’t complain too much since its been years since I had the last one.
It surprises me that most of you read when you’re sick. I really can’t read too much if I’m not feeling good. I’ll listen to an audio book if I can.
Fabi, I *couldn’t* read ’cause of how crappy I was feeling. But now that I’m doing a bit better, I’m laying around and playing catch-up on my reading. 😀
Those of you who have read Becoming Calder…you GUYS!! After that prologue and now what is going on, I’m freaking out and all anxious about what might be coming. My heart is racing and my tummy is in knots and ohhhh man, I just want them to be together and be okay but I don’t know if that’s gonna happen and I wanna throat punch Hector and Clive and…and…ugh! *giggle* I love this…
Maryse, your reaction video, lol.
What’d I miss? A reaction video??
Okay, so the idiot-of-the-day award goes to… *points at self with both thumbs*
I’m painting my nails with this pretty pink Zoya polish, and I couldn’t remember the name of the color. Sooooo, I flip the bottle over to look at the name (’cause, ya know, having that kind of info is just vital *eyeroll*) but I didn’t notice the cap was not screwed on and…you guessed it. Except to make it worse, I spazzed and ended up unintentionally tossing the open bottle between my hands. ‘Cause that is what spazzes do. F&$#%@# pink everywhere. The table. The floor. My PJ top. My PJ pants. My arms. My hands. Now, don’t y’all feel a little smarter knowing I did something so stupid? 😉
LMBO Amy your descriptions are awesome. You should be a writer. Too funny girl. I can see it all so clearly.
Ohh Amy….I had a similar disaster with red nail polish in my brand newly tiled bathroom. I drppoed the bottle and it shattered….everywhere. It totally looked like a massacre had taken place or a scene out of CSI.
And it was a b***h to clean up.
Amy, on my phone if I’m on Maryse’s home page and scroll down past blog entries I see her fb updates. That’s where I saw the video reaction to E&P a couple hours ago.
Sorry about the spill. That’s a pain. But I bet your nails look stellar. So, what was the name? I want a really good pink color…..just not sure what shade I want.
I finished reading Never Let You Go and I. LOVED. IT!! Like I said before it was heartbreakingly sad what Holden and Griselda endured and the angst, ugh several crying moments for me. The only gripe I have is that there was a certain cliched “incident” that I was like oh come on does that always have to happen when it looks like someone may have a chance to get together?! But, it was explained and not dragged out. Hope that is not too spoilerish. The story definitely gave me that “feel” when I’m reading a really good story that is well-written. Now I need to decide what to follow that up with. Guess I’ll check out Maryse’s new post with the sunday releases. Could read Eleanor and Park but I think it’s too much like NLYG to read right now. 🙂
Aw Fabi, that’s so sweet of you to say that! But if I knew a written piece was *expected* then I would probably have writer’s block within the first sentence. I always had to throw a tantrum before completing a research paper or short story for my classes. Always. I’m not kidding. 😕 Full-on tantrum with screeching, fisted hands, stomping feet…all over a stupid paper.
Lisa…is it too soon for me to laugh at you for that one? ‘Cause I’m picturing your fiasco and snorting. 😛 Aaaaaaand I’m hoping you’re snorting at me for MY fiasco!
Oh Bev, I *wish* my nails looked stellar right now…after needing to use polish remover on my hands and arms, my pretty manicure is *pblttt*!!! The color I was attempting to put on my nails was Zoya Wendy. I should have just stuck with a shower and exfoliating to feel somewhat normal after being sick. 😉
Cheryl…nope, *I* don’t think it was spoilerish, and you know how I am about spoilers. 😉 That book actually sounds great!
I’m going to recommend the one I mentioned the other day. Jacked, by T. Reber. I think you’d really like it!!!