HAPPY FRIDAY!!! It’s time for another weekend of reading and I’m going in!! I’ve just started a book that comes up the most in my “reader questions” (and has been featured as a reader question a few times, in fact). It came up again today, and I was all… “THAT’S IT! I’m reading this now!!” It’s a sign, I just know it… and I’m SO in the mood for this.
What I’m reading now? Something in the Way (Something in the Way Series Book 1) by Jessica Hawkins
Summer: Book 1 and 2 are SO good tons of angst!!!!!
Allie: You won’t be disappointed Maryse!!! This series has been on mind for MONTHS!!!
Grey: I’m dying here… Maryse! you cheated… I thought we were waiting. *giggle*
Maryse: I can’t help myself anymore, Grey! I know I’ll suffer when ‘m sitting here dying for book #3 but I. Just. GOTTA!
Take a look at what else we found for the weekend!!
- Cockloft by K.C. Lynn <— K.C. LYNN’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! FIREFIGHTER ALERT!! They can’t stand each other, but OH BOY do they want each other… “When the beautiful boutique owner and sexy firefighter meet in the most unlikely situation, their two worlds collide, creating an explosion of misperceptions and combustible heat, trapping them in a fire they never saw coming.”
- Wish You Were Here: A Novel by Renee Carlino <— RENEE CARLINO RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!! Cheryl LOVED IT!!!
Cheryl: I just finished Wish You Were Here. I cried- a big, ugly cry in my daughter’s hospital room. (guess I can read Atheist now Maryse and Amy!) WYWH was sweet, heartbreaking and somewhat angsty. I didn’t like the h too much in the beginning because she was so wimpy, but she evolved because of the circumstances she went thru and I grew to like her by the end. Loved Adam and Seth. My heart broke for them and I felt the emotions they were going thru and wanted what they wanted to come true. Beautiful writing as always with this author. My only complaint is the ending tied up too quickly and I wanted more.
- Swept Into Love: Gage Ryder (Love in Bloom: The Ryders Book 5) by Melissa Foster
- War (Wrong Book 4) by Stevie J. Cole and LP Lovell <— REVENGE ALERT!!! “...I’ve lost everything, and all that’s left to do is end the men who took them from me. Betrayal. Secrets. Vengeance. This is war.“
- Wrath (Irish Mob Chronicles Book 5) by Kaye Blue
- A Change Of View (Northern Lights Book 2) by Freya Barker
- Bound to the Fallen by Eva St. James <— PARANORMAL ALERT!! “Bound by my fall, forbidden to love, I wander the earth in search of souls and blood. And then, I find her. A mortal. A temptation that could damn the entire world to hell. A love branded in hell…”
- Once Upon a Rose (La Vie en Roses Series Book 1) by Laura Florand <— WHIMSICAL CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE ALERT!!
bev: …have you read Laura Florand? Her Once Upon A Rose … She has a sort if whimsical style. I love the meet cute in this one. You can disappear to France for a bit if you want to borrow it.
Jan: I second bev’s rec of Laura Florand. I like the one bev mentioned, and there is a new one coming out soon in that series – sah-weet! My fav series of hers is Amour et Chocolat. I floved The Chocolate Touch (Amour et Chocolat Book 4) and The Chocolate Heart (Amour et Chocolat Book 5). Paris, chocolates, hot chefs, a bit of angst, some sexy romance… what’s not to love? Oh Dominque, oh Luc, you gorgeous, gorgeous men………. Vive la France!
- Latte Girl by Katia Rose <— THE HEIR TO A SECURITY COMPANY COMES INTO THE COFFEE SHOP… “…Jordan Knox is enough to send her heart racing faster than a triple shot of espresso, and when the attraction proves to be mutual, no hidden corners or empty offices are safe from their game of cat and mouse. But when she’s ready to drop the pretenses, Jordan continues to hold back...”
- Enough (Falling For A Rose Book 2) by Stephanie Nicole Norris <— THE GROOM’S BEST MAN ALERT! “…At the celebration of her best friend’s wedding, Claudia Steven’s is trying to sort out her tumultuous emotions, regarding the groom’s best man and brother, Jaden Alexander Rose...”
- Liam (Mammoth Forest Wolves Book 1) by Kimber White <— SHIFTERS ALERT! FATED MATES “Molly Ravary’s not the kind of girl who believes in love at first sight. But when Liam McConnell walks into her life, all rippling muscles and eyes blazing with mystery, she might just have to rethink that. He’s hiding something but that doesn’t keep her from being drawn to him. When he reveals his true shifter self, Molly knows she should head for the hills...”
- The Lying Game: A Novel by Ruth Ware <— RECENT RELEASE & TASHA COULDN’T PUT IT DOWN ALERT!!!
Tasha: I just finished The Lying Game by Ruth Ware, LOVED it!!! I know I said it might take me a while on GR, Bev, but I couldn’t put it down! I mean, it hooked me right away, but by about 20%, probably, I was getting super invested, and by 40/50% I was totally and completely hooked, and I had to keep reading. Ah, so one of my favorites! I can’t attest to her other books bc this is the only one I’ve read of hers, but I’ll definitely be checking them out. Amy, if you haven’t read this one, I feel like it has your name written all over it!
- Butcher (Devil Souls MC Book 3) by LeAnn Ashers <— BIKER CLUB ENFORCER ALERT!! “…I see who he really is. I see a man who will do anything for the people he cares about. I see the man who will protect and love me above everything else. I am just as obsessed with him as he is me. I will die for him and he would kill for me. What everyone doesn’t know is I have the same crazy inside of me...’
- Forget (Changing Colors Book 1) by N.A. Alcon <— Leslie LOVED IT!
Leslie: I just finished reading Forget by N.A. Alcorn. Loved it! Not sure if I am diving in to the sequel or the other million things I want to finish this month. *shrugs* Book nerd problems.
- The Unlikeable Demon Hunter: Need (Nava Katz Book 3) by Deborah Wilde
- Somewhere to Belong (White Dove Book 1) by Maya William <— SHE RETURNS TO HER FAMILY & THEY ARE NOT WELCOMING ALERT! “When one fateful accident ruins Samantha’s dreams of dancing in Barcelona, she finds herself kicked out of the only home she’s known for the last twelve years and sent back to live with her family. But her return comes with a devastating shock when she’s faced with hatred from her siblings and the discovery they’ve kept more than one secret from her...”
- In this Moment (The McCormicks Book 4) by Elena Aitken
- The Unrequited by Saffron A. Kent <— FORBIDDENY ALERT!!! 😉 JENNIFER WENT CRAZY FOR THIS ONE!
Jennifer: I just finished The Unrequited by Saffron A Kent. I could NOT PUT THIS BOOK DOWN! It was a perfect mix of love and hate, tenderness and horribly rough both physically and mentally. It was just all things phenomenal! I’m so sad it’s over. The chemistry between the two was just off the charts but at the same time it was so violent and crazy!! OHHHH MMMM GGGGG
- Slam: A Colorado Smoke Novel by Andee Michelle <— BASEBALL STAR ALERT!! “...Independent and focused on raising her daughter, Layne is a woman running a business dominated by men. Managing the sports bar her father left her, she has no time for the arrogant ball player who keeps strutting through her door. With chiseled good looks in baseball pants, Slam Nash is a temptation she can’t afford…’
- Havoc (Moonshine Task Force Book 3) by Laramie Briscoe <— MOONSHINER’S DAUGHTER & MARRIAGE OF ARRANGEMENT ALERT!!! “My brother and my dad are proud of it. They wear their arrest records like a badge of honor. Me? I want as far away from the lifestyle as I can get. It’s the only reason I ask Holden to marry me. At least that’s what I tell myself. I never expect his whispered yes to cause such upheaval in my life.”
- Trying Not to Love You: (Dragon Skulls MC) by Rose Briner <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!!! SHE HAS TO RUN TO THE ENEMY… “...For Kara Zaragoza, surviving is her only option after her husband is killed. With club secrets in hand, she’s on the run from the Nomad Jokers MC and has no choice but to run straight to their enemy...”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! )