<— BREAKING NEWS EARLY MORNING UPDATE!!!! HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!! HERE. IT. IS. Tarryn Fisher’s latest JUST WENT LIVE EARLY. YESSSSSSS!!! Atheists Who Kneel and Pray by Tarryn Freakin’ Fisher!!!! Sidenote: I don’t think that’s her middle name but it should be.
HAPPY “FRIDAY FINDS” & MEET THE OTHER STAR OF THE SHOW TODAY (The Idea of You and, yes… this is the one you saw last week). ➔➔➔➔➔
No I haven’t read it yet, nor am I squirreling from our current buddy-read (The Unrequited) :D!!! , but I don’t even care what price that book is. I AM ONE CLICKING AND READING THIS NEXT!!!! Buddy read anyone?? OMG… the reviews. The reviews and recommendations and the shock and awe and BIG LOVE for this book means this has HUGE potential of being my latest, unputtdownable favorite. I just know it. Maybe even the next winner on the Marmy list. 😉 Or maybe not. How do I know?
But that’s not the only book on today’s list. Today is exceptionally pro-recommendation and each one seems to be our next potential book-funk buster, my friends!!
Take a look at what we found for the weekend!!
- Atheists Who Kneel and Pray by Tarryn Fisher <— LIVE!!!! TARRYN FISHER ALERT!!! And here’s a tantalizing tidbit (of the blurb):
“…A talented musician lacking lyrical inspiration. When he first sees her, he knows he’s found what he’s been looking for.
Yara believes she can give David exactly what he needs to reach his full potential:
A broken heart.
David’s religion is love.
Yara’s religion is heartache…”
- The Idea of You: A Novel by Robinne Lee <— FORBIDDEN LOVE STORY IS BACK ON THE LIST ‘cause everyone who tried it from last week’s list is FIVE STAR LOVING IT like crazy. OH MY!!!
Lindsay: just finished The Idea of You and it is fantastic. I just got the chills after reading that last sentence. Very well done.
Jen: Ohhhh I read The Idea of You last week and I am still thinking about it. I also can’t stop listening to Harry Styles album! I thought of him the whole time. I loved the author’s bio too. She is an actress that was in Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty Shades Darker. I am hoping there will be a book 2
Marion: Maryse you have to add this book to the Older Woman Younger Man list. “The Idea of You” by Robinne Lee is a serious page turner, I slept at 4 am last night because I couldn’t put it down!! I highly recommend it to anyone who likes this sort of genre.
Maryse: YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME, I WANNA READ THIS SO BAD!!!!
Carina: Ughhhhhhh!! I just spent 2 days reading The idea of you!!!!It was soooo good. Written soooo welll but man the ending!!!!!!!! Did you read it Maryse?!?!? Thank you for the heads up on this one!!
Maryse: OMG Carina!! This is the THIRD message like this I’ve received in the last day or so. HOLY MOLY this is my next one HANDS DOWN my friend!!! Thank you for letting me know you love it this much!
Angela: Hey Maryse, I just finished The Idea of You: A Novel by robinne lee. If u haven’t read it yet , it’s a must read. I’m still thinking about it this morning. I slept terrible. I can’t stop thinking about it. I’m hoping , going that robinne will see it in her heart to do a sequel for it…. I loved it. It will be a while before I forget about this one. 5 stars.
- The Silent Sister: A Novel by Diane Chamberlain <— PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!!! And look at the thousands of AWESOME reviews on this book!! Years ago, she thought her sister committed suicide… but later, when she’s cleaning out her father’s house… “…she finds evidence to the contrary. Lisa is alive. Alive and living under a new identity. But why exactly was she on the run all those years ago, and what secrets are being kept now? As Riley works to uncover the truth, her discoveries will put into question everything she thought she knew about her family…”
- Whispered Prayers of a Girl by Alex Grayson <— SLOW BURN, RECENT RELEASE & NANCY LOVED IT!
Nancy: 1st time reading a book by this author, but WOW!! It was very, very emotional and angst full read. A slow-burn romance between two very lost and lonely people and add two children: one carefree boy and a very broken little girl.
- Romancing Mister Bridgerton With 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons Book 4) by Julia Quinn <— UNREQUITED LOVE & HE SAYS SOMETHING BAD ABOUT HER ALERT!! Terry recommends this one!
Terry: I don’t know if you like historical romance but Romancing Mr. Bridgerton fits the bill for unrequited love. He isn’t super mean to her but she over hears him say something bad about her and it is wrenching. I highly recommend it! New to your site and I love it!
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You: New York Sullivans Spinoff (Summer Lake, Book 2) by Bella Andre <— BELLA ANDRE LIVE!!
- Not By Chance (Chance Series) by J. BLISS <— LIVE!!! HIS FATHER IS USING HIM AS A BUSINESS PAWN & HER CHILDHOOD WAS ABUSIVE… “Jasmine Chance is in her last year of college, a challenge she chose after suffering through physical abuse and leaving home without ever looking back. She has done all she can to carry on toward graduating with her college degree, she believes a brighter future will keep her away from the nightmare that was her childhood. However, her life changes forever the day she met Drew. A dinner party draws the two together in an electrifying way. After being preyed upon by their pasts, they stick together closely as a couple once their life circles out of whack…“
- The Heart Series by Shari Ryan <— LIVE!! TEARJERKER ALERT!!! Shari found us this one!
Renee: Shari Ryan has a new release today. The Heart Series. You girls will love it. Be prepared though with the kleenex. …you get two full books and the novella.
- Lost in Love: A Second Chances Novella by Kristen Casey <— LIVE!! SHE’S HIS DREAM COME TRUE... “George Hughes never minded being the spare heir – at least, he didn’t mind until his brother and father almost got themselves killed six months ago. He might be brawny and good at fixing things, but without his older brother’s charm or cleverness, what good is he? Then George meets a woman whose problems he can actually fix, and he knows he can’t just walk away. Not when she might hold the key to his brother’s recovery, and especially not when she looks and acts like his dream come true…”
- Pretty New Doll (Pretty Little Dolls Series Book 3) by Ker Dukey & K. Webster <— LIVE!!!! DARK ROMANCE but they have to be read in order and this is #3 (so I won’t read the blurb). Eeeeep!
- On the Island: A Novel by Tracey Garvis-Graves <— FORBIDDEN ROMANCE ALERT!! OLDIE BUT GOODIE & IT’S back on the list ’cause Leslie finally went for it!
Leslie: I’ve been listening to you rave about On The Island for a couple of years now. I always knew it wasn’t my kind of story, so I kept scrolling when you mentioned it. You made another post about it back in march as well as the link, it was on sale. I said ‘what the hell’, you’ve always made amazing recommendations and it’s on sale. I one clicked. I continued to purchase about 10 other books. I have read all of those 10 books and was in a book funk. As that book stared at me in my kindle, I decided to try it. 2 days ago I started it and couldn’t put it down. I just finished and I had to let you know it was another amazing recommendation. If anyone is on the fence about this book, take the plunge. You won’t regret it!
- Before We Were Yours: A Novel by <— TASHA’S FAVORITE FOR 2017 HANDS DOWN ALERT!! SHE LOVED it!
Tasha: Yay, I finished a book!!! It’s been WAY too long, but this book makes up for all my missed time. Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate- 5+++ stars for me. This one’s my favorite for 2017, hands down. I’ve never read Lisa Wingate before, but I’ll definitely be looking into more of her work.
For ME (my opinion) it was as good as The Nightingale. COMPLETELY different stories, but all the feels were there for me. Historical fiction, though I’d never heard of the Tenn. Children’s Home Society scandal before. And such beautiful writing! Rill and her family will forever be in my heart, *sniff* they really came alive for me. I really loved reading all the past parts, the way they spoke, everything’s descriptions, felt so alive and real.
And then I also enjoyed the present because, man I needed a break from all the rough stuff and the mystery, some part of it probably only for me (drrr) had me puzzled until the near end. Gosh I feel all full of emotion, it’s so heartbreaking. I even had to stretch this sucker out forever it seemed, though I didnt want to, and it was still fresh and raw every time I jumped back in. I’m actually going to watch that shark movie with Blake Lively to block it all out right now. Lol
- The Silver Swan by Amo Jones <— UNPUTDOWNABLE INTRIGUE & ROMANCE ALERT! Maria recommends these!!
Maria: I think you should add The Broken Puppet (The Elite Kings Club Book 2) by Amo Jones (the Silver Swan sequel) to both your TBR and Preorders’ lists. The Silver Swan was WAY too good, with just the right amount of romance, intrigue, suspense and, of course, kink! It was sort of like a good combination of storylines similar to Corrupt and Paper Princess which are two INCREDIBLE books. I mean, it was one of those books that you simply CAN’T PUT DOWN so obviously I’m hoping The Broken Puppet will be similar or even better. Thought it was worth mentioning.
- The Unrequited by Saffron A. Kent <— OUR CURRENT BUDDY READ and we’re LOVING IT!!!!
Lisa: I’ll take a whole damn bottle of Amaretto please, Grey – this one is evoking feelings suppressed long ago. Oh man – the pain on unrequited love…gahhhh!
Sally: OMG! I’m only at 39 % and I can feel it!! I feel a 5 star book!! This book is owning me right now and all I can think is YESSSS!! FINALLY!!! Woohoooo Maryse I think we found a awesome one this time!
- The Darkest Sunrise (The Darkest Sunrise Duet Book 1) by Aly Martinez <— I. LOVE. THIS. AUTHOR!!! And Bianca IS FREAKING OUT over this new one!!!
Bianca: It’s been 7 days!! 7 days of reading sample after sample, 7 days of hoping to find a book to get me out of my funk!! And then the darkest sunrise magically appears on my kindle after having preordered it last week. OH MY GOD!!! I actually can’t put into words how much I loved this book! You must read it! I love Porter, I love Charlotte, I just love everything about this book!! Please please read it!! I’m going to go crazy until July 27!!
- Cocky Client: A Novella by Whitney G <— WHITNEY G SHORT SEXY ROMANCE STORIES!! THIS latest in this series is LIVE!! And the covers in this series are some of my absolute favorites. HOT yet subtle. Yet HOT!!! 😛
- Loved (The House of Night Other World Series Book 1) by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast <— LIVE!! P.C. CAST & KRISTIN CAST ALERT!!! just released this one (I devoured this series back in my strictly paranormal days)
Tracy: Got it yesterday….it was awesome. I finished it yesterday also!
- Devils Wolves Series by Carian Cole <— UNCONVENTIONAL/TABOO LOVE STORIES BACK ON THE LIST, ’cause more are joining in on the BIG love for them and recommending them BIG TIME!!
Kristy Lynn: Just marathon read Torn and Tied by Carian Cole (sp?) Yikes they were great. So much better than expected, torn hooked me with the taboo premise and the brief intros to Ty made me have to read Tied. I’m totally crushing on this author and the families in these books. So much so that I’m probably going to read the other series even though I’m generally not into the Rock star books. I think I’ve gone about this backwards tho haha
- Hello Forever by Sarina Bowne <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!! And I love this author!! They got caught when they were teens and there was trouble… “Six years later, Axel is astonished to spot his first love’s face in the crowd of a college basketball game he’s watching on TV—at a school which has just offered him a job. It’s a thousand miles away, in a tiny rural town. But suddenly, he can’t wait to get there…“
- Depth of Field (Last Chance Book 1) by Riley Hart <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! And I love this author!! He was once his bully, and now he’s back in town… “He’s only here to help his mom tie up some loose ends after his father’s death and to apologize to Shane. After that, he’s heading back to LA for good. Shane never thought he’d have anything in common with Maxwell, but there’s a depth to Van that surprises him. Van knows what it feels like to be alone. He sees Shane in ways no one else does. There’s a shared connection neither can deny. Somehow, despite their rocky history, they get each other…”
- Lost Girls by Merrie Destefano <— SHE WAKES UP MISSING A YEAR OF HER LIFE ALERT!!! And it’s super-bargain priced today! “Yesterday, Rachel went to sleep listening to Taylor Swift, curled up in her grammy’s quilt, worrying about geometry. Today, she woke up in a ditch, bloodied, bruised, and missing a year of her life. She doesn’t recognize the person she’s become: She’s popular. She wears nothing but black. Black to cover the blood. And she can fight…“
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz <— BEV LOVED IT!!!!
bev: Speaking of audible Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz is beautifully written. On top of that it is brilliantly narrated by Lin Manuel Miranda.
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Trust by Kylie Scott <— July 18th 2017
- Eyes On You: A Blasphemy Novella by Laura Kaye – July 18th 2017
- The Broken Puppet (The Elite Kings Club Book 2) by Amo Jones – July 18th 2017
- Elusive (Shipwreck Book 1) by L.A. Fiore – July 21st 2017
- When I Need You (The Need You Series) by Lorelei James – July 25th 2017
- The Difference Between Us: An Opposites Attract Novel by Rachel Higginson – July 25th 2017
- Racer by Katy Evans <— SEPTEMBER 28th 2017 (but here’s the preorder!!) <— Lauren says: “OMG….Racer by Katy Evans, Sept. 28, 2017. Racer Tate, Remington Tate’s son….I CANNOT WAIT!!!!”
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2018!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).