SATURDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! I just found TWO MORE super-bargains that HAD to be added!!!
- Naked in Death (In Death, Book 1) by J.D. Robb <— FOR THOSE CURIOUS ABOUT J.D. ROBB’S (aka Nora Roberts) super popular series… book #1 is super-bargain priced!!!! I get SO many comments on how addictive these books are!
- Don’t Wake Up: The most gripping first chapter you will ever read! by Liz Lawler <— PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! “Alex Taylor wakes up tied to an operating table. The man who stands over her isn’t a doctor. The choice he forces her to make is utterly unspeakable. But when Alex re-awakens, she’s unharmed – and no one believes her horrifying story…”
LUCKY #7!!!! 07-07-17 <— How perfect! Let’s see how perfect our Friday Finds ends up being, shall we?
Oh wow…. yessssssss!!! Yep. 🙂 This one seems like a FANTASTIC FINDS list. Not just a “Friday Finds”. 😉 FANTASTIC FRIDAY FINDS. Don’t believe me?
Here. See for yourself:
Take a look at what we found for the weekend!!
- Savage (The Kingwood Duet Book 1) by S.L. SCOTT <— S.L. SCOTT ALERT!! THE RICH & THE DAMNED… “She was my destiny. I was her downfall. We were a match made in hell. But when we were together, that hell was pure heaven. The moment I laid eyes on her, I knew she would pay the price for my sins. I wasn’t much older than she was, but old enough to know better.“
- TAILSPIN by Jaimie Roberts <— YOU’LL EITHER LOVE IT OR HATE IT ALERT!!! He’s a total jerk, her brother’s best friend, and she now works for him… “I put up with it…for a while. Once I put my foot down, the dynamic changes. And it is at that moment I find out how he really feels.In fact, I find out so much more than I bargain for. Not only is Devon host to some serious demons, but he also holds a very big, dark secret. A secret that could destroy our relationship before it gets a chance to begin.” *gasp*!!! Laura found me (a few of us ;)) this one, but she doesn’t necessarily personally recommend it. Eeeeep!
Laura: Tailspin by Jaime Roberts is a recent release that might be of interest to you. Based on the reviews, it’s a book that is either a one star or a five star read with no middle ground. It was my first one star review of 2017.
Maryse: Oh I love the sound of that!!! Okay I’m looking it up. Thank you Laura!
- Her Ex by Charlotte Sloan <— HER DEAD SISTER’S EX... She had a one night stand… “That hottie turns out to be her niece’s father who now wants custody. Plagued with guilt over the loss of her sister...”
- His Turn (The Turning Series Book 3) by J.A. Huss <— LIVE!!! TRILOGY CONCLUSION and it sounds super-steamy (menage!!??).
- Growing Wings (Teen Paranormal Romance Series) (The Caged Series Book 2) by Kellie McAllen <— LIVE!!! PARANORMAL YA... “…Lexus Wren just discovered she’s a powerful Catalyst — capable of commanding Conduits to do her bidding. Pretty heady stuff for a 15-year-old who can’t control her own urge to bite her nails...”
- Making a Splash by Sean Michael <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! Re-release…
- All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Book 1) by Megan Hart <— MEGAN HART ALERT!!! Recent release and Sharon gave it 4 stars!!!
Sharon: Finished All The Lies We Tell by Megan Hart. Excellent beach reading – even though it wasn’t a beach book. There was a nice amount of angst (probably a 3 out of 5) and it was a really good story. This is a series, but book 1 didn’t leave you hanging for Allie and Niko. I am looking forward to book 2. Contrary to the Amazon reviews, it wasn’t overly laden with sex either – in fact, it was a slow burn. Ooooh – I would give All The Lies We Tell 4 stars!
- Give Me Hell (Give Me series Book 4) by Kate McCarthy <— LIVE!! KATE McCARTHY ALERT!! I’ve heard this series has a “KA” feel!! Second chance romance? “…When fate throws Mackenzie back in his life, he turns her away in her time of need, knowing he now lives a life in which she doesn’t belong. Except his decision has shattering consequences, leading to secrets, lies, and the ultimate betrayal. Years later, their lives continue to entwine, and when his past returns demanding retribution, Mackenzie intervenes and gets caught in the crossfire, leaving behind a devastation that no one sees coming...”
- Torn (Devils Wolves Book 1) and Tied (Devils Wolves Book 2) by Carian Cole <— CARIAN COLE IS ROCKING WORLDS RIGHT NOW!!! UNCONVENTIONAL LOVE STORIES ALERT!!
Vicki: OMG Both books were awesome. Never read this author before so wasn’t sure what to expect. Torn was such a good taboo read and Tied hit me with all kinds of feels. Haven’t had a book hangover like that in soooo long!!
Tammy: Read both of these last week and they were amazing! Torn made my tummy flip like crazy (many many butterflies) and Tied was just as awesome but in a different way. 🙂
Kathy: I have read all of her books. I loved her Ashes and Embers Series. Just finished Tied and what the two main characters had to go through was just so heartbreaking. It definitely gave you the heart pulls.
Northernstar: I just finished Tied and it was full of feels! A touching story of two scarred souls coming together in a emotional and gripping read. Now, I need to read Torn. I’m keeping my eye on this author…
- Riven by Lissa Del <— MELISSA DELPORT LOVE STORY WITH A PSYCH-TWIST ALERT!!! Remember how much I loved THIS one??? It’s super-bargain priced today! P.S. Here’s my review in case you missed it.
Amy: I loved this one and won’t forget it (how could I with what I just went through?), and the author will always be an automatic click no matter what name she uses.
Lisa: Loved this book hard….
Jean: Great review Maryse! So happy you loved it! I need more books like this one! Can you find them for us?
- Checkmate: This is Dangerous (Logan & Kayla, #1) (Checkmate Duet Series Book 5) by Kennedy Fox <— LIVE!!! HE’S BROODING & SHE’S A DO-GOODER & he’s pushing her away… “…Between his seductive smirk and charming good looks, it’s no wonder I can’t help the way he makes me feel whenever I’m near him. Too bad he’s unavailable–or so he says…“
- Sunshine After the Rain: the perfect summer beach read for 2017! by Daisy James <— LIVE!!!
- Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata <— MARIANA ZAPATA SLOW BURN ALERT!! Melinda absolutely LOVES IT!!
Melinda: I am reading Dear Aaron, I’ve had it for ages. I CANNOT put it down. It is sooo good. Best book this year. Our plane got delayed from Niagara Falls and I couldn’t care less as I was reading.
- The Idea of You: A Novel by Robinne Lee <—FORBIDDEN ROMANCE ALERT!!! She takes her daughter to a boy-band concert… “…since her divorce, she’s more eager than ever to be close to Isabelle. The last thing Solène expects is to make a connection with one of the members of the world-famous August Moon…” Eeeeeep!! 😀 Susan found it for us!!
Can: OMG!!! I just finished reading a book by a new author and it was a 4.5- 5 star read for me. I could not put it down. It’s been a really long time since a book captivated me like this one. It’s called The idea of you by Robinne Lee.. Forbidden romance. Older woman, younger man/boy. This is the author’s debut novel and she hit it out of the ball park. You have to read it. You will not be disappointed. I want a second book. Not sure I am happy with the way it ended because I want more!!!
- Seven: A Club Alias Novel by K.D. Robichaux <— LIVE!! THE DOM & THE SWEET GIRL ALERT!!! “When Twyla finally convinces her sister to leave her abusive boyfriend, they have no choice but to move across the country and hide out, away from the monster determined to get her sister back. With their savings quickly running out, Twyla takes a position at the local sex shop—where she meets Seth, a man who is all too willing to show her what she’s been missing out on...”
- Until It Fades: A Novel by K.A. Tucker <— K.A. TUCKER ALERT!! She saves a famous hockey star (and it’s back on the list ’cause another fellow reader recommends it!!
Angela: Hey Maryse, I just finished reading until it fades by K.A Tucker. I loved it. It’s not her usual stuff but it was still awesome. I was sucked in right from the start. I only wish it would have lasted a bit longer. Towards the end it seemed to be concluded in 1 chapter. 4 stars.
- Moving Target (Guardian Security Book 1) by Desiree Holt <— LIVE!! RECLUSE ALERT! SHE’S IN DANGER AND ON THE RUN... “…Fate delivers her into the hands of a dark knight with a tortured past. The safety he offers is as tempting as he is. After having his perfect life ripped apart, recluse Quinn sees protecting Kate as his chance for redemption. He never plans on wanting the guarded beauty, never mind falling for her…”
- Wolf (Black Angels MC Book 2) by A.E. Fisher <— LIVE!! BIKER BOOK ALERT! “...He was a stubborn, misogynistic bastard. And he fit me perfectly. The only problem was that a man like Wolf wanted everything...”
- STRAYS by Mara McBain <— SHE’S ON THE RUN & HE FINDS HER HIDING… “…Working construction, he builds things for strangers all day. At night, he renovates his dream home one piece at a time. He never expected to find the most important piece hiding under a wet tarp…“
- Keeping Her: A Dark Romance (Keep Me Series Book 1) by Angela Snyder <— LIVE!! DARK READ ALERT!! HE BUYS HER... “…what I need is the perfect woman. Perfect and pure in every way possible. And I’m willing to obtain that perfection…no matter the cost. So when I make my newest purchase, I expect Adeline’s fate to be like all the others before her — taking what I want and then never seeing her again. But she’s different…”
- Henry & Me by Sasha Clinton <— LIVE!! SHE WAS ONCE THE POPULAR GIRL & HE WAS THE NERD ALERT! “He was a nerd and I was the golden girl of the theatre society, destined to make it big in Hollywood, so how could there be anything between us? Now six years later, as an out-of-work actress who has to take on a housekeeping job to stay afloat, I run into him again—and boy, has he made it big.”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Shameless (White Lies Duet Book 2) by Lisa Renee Jones – July 11th 2017
- Ashes (The Dark in You) by Suzanne Wright – July 11th 2017
- Hunger: The Energy Vampires Book Two by Jacquelyn Frank – July 11th 2017
- Jilted: A Love Hurts Novel by Sawyer Bennett – July 11th 2017
- Two is a Lie (Tangled Lies Book 2) by Pam Godwin – July 11th 2017
- For the Birds: Rose Gardner Investigations #2 (Rose Gardner Investigatons) by Denise Grover Swank – July 11th 2017
- Wicked Grind by J. Kenner- July 11th 2017
- The Red: An Erotic Fantasy by Tiffany Reisz – July 11th 2017
- When I Need You (The Need You Series) by Melissa Foster – July 12th 2017
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You: New York Sullivans Spinoff (Summer Lake, Book 2) by Bella Andre – July 12th 2017
- Eyes On You: A Blasphemy Novella by Laura Kaye
- The Unrequitedby Saffron A. Kent – July 13th 2017 <— OUR NEXT BUDDY-READ ALERT!! My friend Grey went CRAZY for this book, and a few of us have decided to buddy-read it!! Plus the preorder is super-bargain priced! I can’t WAIT!!! MINE MINE MINE!!!!!
- The Darkest Sunrise (The Darkest Sunrise Duet Book 1) by Aly Martinez – July 13th 2017
- Cocky Client: A Novella by Whitney G <— July 13th 2017
- Trust by Kylie Scott <— KYLIE SCOTT ALERT!!! HE SAVED HER & HE’S TRYING TO BETTER HIMSELF… Oh this one sounds poignant and intense!!!! “After being held hostage during a robbery at the local convenience store, seventeen-year-old Edie finds her attitude about life shattered. Unwilling to put up with the snobbery and bullying at her private school, she enrolls at the local public high school, crossing paths with John. The boy who risked his life to save hers...”
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2018!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Good morning–happy Friday!!!
Thankyou!! I one-clicked Savage, after seeing great reviews from book friends. And, Give Me Hell, I’ve been waiting for years, literally!! Out of interest, book 1 Give Me Love is free.
Happy Friday! I got a busy weekend coming so probably not much reading time.
I love the sound of Henry & Me. My tbr is OUT OF CONTROL!!
TGIF HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE
Love love loving MS Undeserving!
I am awake and I still am not first. This came in early!
Tailspin looks good. So does Growing Wings, though I’ll get the first one, Flightless Bird first. 😀 Both KU! YEAH!
I’m still reading Uprooted. I have had an earache for three days (swimmer’s ear) and the stupid thing woke me up this morning, so I’ve been reading since sleep is apparently not in my future. 🙁
I’ll second what Ela said. FLOVED Undeserving! It’s my favorite book of the year so far (and will be hard to top)! It may be my favorite of the series—It’s a tie between it and Undeniable (the one that started it all). DEFINITELY worth the wait!!
Leslie–I’m with you about the tbr being out of control! Although, even with all these awesome new books being released, what do I do? Go back several years and start Fanetti’s Signal Bend series. I’m not ready to leave the biker romance world and I figure it’s good for the tbr!
I’m so excited for you Renee!!!!!! I loved the first book of Signal Bend the most I think! Once you get to the spin off Cali series let me know, I only read book 1….we can BR if you don’t speed read AGAIN or maybe I should start now???
Hahaha, Ela–pot, meet kettle! lol
Ouch, Tessa. I hate restless nights.
I haven’t seen R and Jean for awhile.
Robin is on vacay with her author buddy and Jean WHERE ARE YOU?
HA HA HARDY HAR HAR RENEE…
I loved Torn! If you’re having a Undeserving hangover/craving, it’s a good one to keep that feeling going.
Who’s the author MichelleS?
Hehehe Even if I posted when I first woke up, I still wouldn’t have been first.
Ela, up on the list. Carian Cole
Morning… I’m trying to rein my TBR back in.
Tessa, I saw you were trying to do the same. How did you label your collections in your kindle? I have 2 kindles… I mean seriously, how do you pass up free books? LOL! But I need some order to it! It is so overwhelming!
I’m helping beta right now… but I plan to read my bev’s challenge- number in the title book this weekend. I think I’m going to go with 53 Letters for My Lover from Leylah Attar, or One by Jewel E. Ann. IDK… LOL!
Good news, the kitchen floor is DONE!!!
Off the #7 thing if reading 7th book what would it be?
Mine would be Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff.
Love the cover.
I finished Forbidden – and wow, just wow. I know the story was controversial, but I was still rooting for them to have something good out of all of their suffering. I caught spoilers before so I knew the ending – didn’t make it any easier. I am thankful I had my pre-order of His Turn to take the edge off. I love this series and am curious to see how this works out for Bric! Perfect book for my last day on the beach! Happy Friday everyone!
bev???? huh???? I wanna play but you lost me.
Wow Grey! Tough choice!
You know how we ask someone for a number to choose our next read?
That’s my #7.
Maryse pointed out the 7/7/17 date and being lucky.
Well, I’m going to say, at this point, I want to narrow it down even more. But first, I don’t have many books I actually paid for. Those I did are only in two files. One of paid and one of continue a series. (Continue is both paid and not. Either way, it continues a series I started)
Past that, I basically separated them from by type. PNR, biker/mafia, rock stars, sport stars, billionaire/ doms, HEA type sweet, probably angsty, etc. Now, the HEA needs more cleansing and so does the PNR. 🙂 I need to differentiate between just PNR and those that are specific, like fantasy, werewolves, vampires, etc. And the HEA, who knows what’s in there. lol
That and I have two files of random stuff. Those still need sorting. 😀
Ok so let me get this straight…I go to my TBR even with my challenges and pick my #7?
Tessa….your post totally lost me!
Accidentally posted this on the old thread.
Just saw that trailer 4 Hollywood dirt that I still have to read. On one hand I love romantic movies specially romantic comedies so I like the idea of this new service. However I’m a bit nervous. As much as I love our romance books I’m not sure that what’s on page always translates well to screen course that can be true of any book or genre. Also the actor seems a little stiff. Though the trailer reminded me a bit of Hallmark movies and I will totally admit to loving some of those.
Poor Ela. We are confusing you.
Grey asked Tessa about organizing her kindle.
Yes, #7 on your tbr.
I Just counted the books on the home screen of my kindle. I dont organise.
Well well well! This is my #7
Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3)
Savage looks good, but think I will wait until closer to book two being released until starting it. Have Riven and Dear Aaron on my tbr and they are KU books so that is a bonus. Until It Fades sounds good but is pricey. I think Henry & Me might be my next read.
Grey congrats on finishing your kitchen floor!! My summer project is painting the kitchen cabinets. Starting today. I am compromising and sending out the doors and drawer fronts to have them professionally sprayed. Taking my time with the rest.
I am determined to catch up with that series this summer, Ela.
Has anyone else seen the Hollywood Dirt trailer circulating for passionflix??!! Tempting me to re-read it but I have so many others and so little time to read!!! Oh I know….it’s an awful awful dilemma!!!! ;)))
I just saw it and for the life of me can’t remember the book yeah I know *gasp* as I loved the book.
You and me both bev….I’m also behind on Mercy Thompson and Eileen Wilks Lupi series!
I loved the Alpha and Omega series. Anna and Charles are so swoony together.
#7 for me is Bad Boys of Football, which is a lot of short stories that most aren’t about football. :/ I have tried one and the writing isn’t the best.
Tessa, I love the Alpha&Omega series,also. I wish the author would write more books about Charles and Anne. I feel they just got started and it just stopped.
I just finished Rhapsodic by Laura Thal
Ooooh,! I loved Rhapsodic.
Sorry hit the sent button!
Laura Thalassa and loved it! Now I’m on to book 2 A Strange Hymn. All of LT’s books are so good.
I forgot, if you love the Roam series like I do, Kimberly Adams has her Movie Trilogy for FREE! There are 3 books and 1 novella (prequel). All free. I don’t know when this ends, but I love her writing and wanted to,pass this on.
I got those. I’m only half way through the Roam series. I’m on the one guy’s story. It’s taking me forever to read it.
Roam Series is one of my favorites. I’ve read it multiple times. Keep going Tessa, it just gets better with each book! Kimberly Adams even started a spinoff called The Fire Ballad series. This is about West and Roams daughter all grown up with her hubby Will. Love it!
I’m on day 2 of my no buying books read a book a day 10 day challenge….so no acquiring books even free.
Bev- you should get the freebies for after your challenge! Hehe
Robyn – I read the Roam series, the spinoffs and that other series. I absolutely love her writing and the characters. I agree – it just gets better with each book as more and more unravels and comes together. So so good. Maybe a re-read is in order?
Bev – no books? Is it Lent or something? I can’t give up anything. I tried coffee – fail. I tried carbs – epic fail. I tried giving up CNN even – fail (I lissed Anderson Cooper too much, and Don Lemon (my new swoony crush).
No, no lent, lol. I was just one clicking with abandon and not reading anything. Thought I’d try and change the pattern.
Almost done with current read but not sure if I want to read book is planned on or read my #7 up there. Oh decisions.
MichelleS- so glad there is another Roam fan! Don’t get me going on another reread, I have way to many books in my que to read. I had company at my home for over a week and am freaking out at the backlog of books I have. Just imagine, the horror!!
Finished! 2 books 2 days. Of course I previously read a quarter of this one, lol.
If any on here I’m trying to decide between:
We Don’t Need Another Hero by Sierra Dean. What is planned on being next.
Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff. Lucky #7.
All In by Simona Ahrnstedt. Apparently it was a HUGE bestselling romance in Sweden and then translated for here. I just remembered I had it.*
*Can I just say it sometimes hurts to scroll through my books? I start looking at all those covers and recs and think of all the unread gems I must have. And i think READ them.
Now I have to bite my finger not to one click this a self pub French romance where the heroine moves to Ireland tranates to English. But also the $$. All In I grabbed on sale for like 1.00.
LOL bev. Just keep on bitin’ that finger.
All In looks interesting bev. I haven’t come across it before. Unfortunately it’s full price now, but Christina Lauren gave it a good rap, so I’m tempted. Also Tessa Dare and Eloisa James.
Hey, I’m not on any 10 day book ban or anything 😉 *clicks on sample of All In*
Lol. I used to have better control on book buying vs reading…just working my way back.
Wow bev, I am impressed. Seriously…that is some real self-control. You mind sending some this way? Or I could just bite your finger for you and maybe get some self-control that way. 😛
It’s only the first week of July and I have already finished my pick-for-me read and my challenge read with a number in the title. Hey, I’m feelin’ accomplished here! 😀
I remember the Roam series…teacher-student sort of read with a paranormal twist. FUN! I’m only two or three books in from what I remember though.
You know what I’m REALLY excited about? The Unrequited coming up on Tuesday!
Hopefully I’m not going it alone… *side-eyes book twin*
The twin is IN!!!!!! 😀
Hmmh – the Roam series sounds interesting. I think I’m going to read Riven next.
Finished His Turn by JA Huss and I really didn’t like it all. I hated Nadia – HATED her. Bric was an ass too. I was very disappointed with Jordan’s character. It wasn’t even angst. It just took things too far for me. No redeeming qualities at all. Rant over. 3 stars because some of the smut was good.
Careful. She bites.
Amy, I’m not your book twin, but The Unrequited looks good to me too. Bonus that it is KU. I’m in!!
Yay Cheryl! Glad you’re in. 😀 How fun does it sound??
I am pretty sure that it is not for me….but still tempted. The temptation is probably because of the book ban, lol.
*solemnly nods head*
Yes I do.
Bite, that is. *points to above comment*
Yep, that whole forbidden fruit thing (aka book ban) makes things seem more tempting, doesn’t it? 😉
Yes….but my finger is too sore.
Maryse, not a rmwriter but the editing post was interesting.
I know some of the ladies on here are beta readers but are some of you alpha readers too?
Oh good lord, bev… *snorts and shakes head*
Finished Uprooted! It was good, though some parts were a little slow. I liked the ending though some of it became a little convoluted. Still, it was good and interesting.
I want to see some old school buddy reading.
Tessa you read so fast.
*grins* I’ll take it. Today, instead of writing in the library, I was reading Uprooted. I was happy to finish it and return the book because with the laptop in my backpack, that sucker was HEAVY!
Oh, and at the library, I found a first edition of Ogre, Ogre by Piers Anthony. Not in the best condition, but who cares? It’s still a first edition.
Passes bev a bandaid.
Thank you Jan.
Did you see my finger?
Maryse, I agree with bev. That editing post and the information on her website is interesting. She seems like a sweet and talented young lady.
bev, I’ve done a little alpha reading. Creative people amaze me. I love to watch their work in progress.
OMG…I totally thought bev was making a joke about alpha-readers. I didn’t realize they are an actual thing.
How. Freaking. Embarrassing. 😳
I didn’t know either!!! I’ve only ever heard of beta readers, but this was an eye-opener. I loved reading her recommendations, even though I’m not writing. This is exactly right!
And did you see Cheryl is in as well? Even though she will probably finish it before we are even on chapter 3. *snicker*
I just finished season one of GoT while re-painting one of our rooms, and I still really, really, REALLY hate what they did to Drogo. HATE it.
I’m trying to power read the Fireman today so I can have review and start a new book… but I just realized. I’m only at 40% because… it’s 771 pages!!! *gasp* LOL!!!!!!
Thank goodness our buddy read is only mid-week.
P.S. The fireman is good. Not at all scary (at least not to me… but then again… I’m only at 40%). *snort* 😛
I was wondering what you were laughing at.
Fabi it seems like it would be hard. To assess the book as a reader with all the opinions that come with that vs the writers vision. Plus what another reader would think…their opinion and taste.
Like I finally read Rush. This is a book that many 5* loved and felt deeply about. I thought the pacing was off and the relationship needed to develop more. But if it had been changed then I’d like it but maybe majority would not.
Lol. I just find it so interesting.
And of course all the ones that end in death is been like same them Lazarus.
Amy I didn’t know either until I read the post.
I read the books so of course some of the outcomes did not surprise me. The funniest was all the non readers reactions to Ned…*snort*
I need to remember where I left off and start watching again but man I want the next book more.
*sighs* I can’t wait for next weekend, Sunday. I will be glued to the TV for the whole hour.
Unrequited is Unlimited? COOL! I’ll read it with you all.
And now Tessa is in! Woo-hooooo!!!
Alright, look at this cover:
Is that her leg hiked up over his hip or is that guy seriously SITTING on her?!? WTF with these covers…
He is sitting on her. I totally did not like the first in that series.
Did you see that cover? He looks like he somehow dislocated his ribcage.
Whoah. Saucy cover. I mean, no clothes at all, not even pretty lingerie (I mean for HER). *giggles* They are in a bit of a strange position. Whatever. It makes me feel like I will NEVER pick up that book. Still, it may be catnip for someone.
Good morning, all! I love to see it so lively around here! The discussions we have can’t be topped. I love reading everyone’s opinions, because I feel as though we are all friends and would be in RL, as well. And even if we have different opinions, we are always still respectful, which is so important.
I think most of you know that I have read as an alpha, a beta, an editor, a proofer and sometimes I read just as an advanced reader for a review (although that one makes me giggle because anyone who scans my reviews, knows that I am one of the most tight fisted with my 5 star reviews, ever! 😆 ) Then there’s the rest of the time where I just read for me! I will say it can be hard for me to “turn the switch off” and read for enjoyment, at times. I feel like I am still scanning for misspellings, plot holes, screwy punctuation and the like. However, it is so amazing to be involved on the ground level and try to help. You know… That whole nurse thing apparently bleeds through into all aspects of my life, I want to help fix ALL of the words, too. And to watch a person’s innate creativity literally build a whole new world that we get to be a voyeur into for a few hours, just from their written descriptions alone… It is amazing and awe-inspiring!
Wow. Tangent… Sorry! I am beyond excited to see so many of you going to buddy read, The Unrequited, this week! *squee* Maybe I will read it again with you… Just because!
I finished my challenge books for the month already, although I’m reading another Number book because it went along with the first. I’m hanging tough with bev and the no buying books ban! We can do this! Have a great day everyone and I’m sure I will be around!
Grey, mines only for ten days….so far. You did like a whole month before.
I have a hard time with the fives too. I think I look at them the wrong way, lol.
I can’t one click anyway, Amy bit my finger off.
I want to play 20 questions but I want R’s MCs to play I think it’d be fun.
We’re on hour 2 of our 5 hr drive home from the beach and the MCs will not shut up. I can’t even focus to read! 🙄 So feel free to occupy them.
Keeping it basic so some are repeats.
20 Questions ( but not really)
1. Coffee, tea, or coke?
2 Favorite midnight snack?
3. 60s British invasion or 90s British Invasion?
4. Australia or Ireland for vacation?
5. First to arrive at the party or first to leave the party?
6. Pencil, pen, or type?
7. Favorite scent?
8. Favorite Flowers?
9. Dog or Cat?
10. Walk on the beach or walk in the woods?
11. Last love song you put on repeat?
12. A show you can watch every time a rerun comes on?
OK let’s see how well I know these guys.
1. Frankie: Diet Coke, Darian: coffee with sugar, no cream
2. F: anything chocolate, D: breakfast
3. both: 60s fo sho!
4. both: Australia
5. both: first to leave
6. F: type, D: pen
7. both: honeysuckle
8. both: honeysuckle
9. both: dog
10. F: woods, D: beach
11. F: REO Speedwagon: Can’t Fight This Feeling, D: Lifehouse: Flight
12. F: Buffy, D: Firefly
They said that was fun! A couple they actually had to think about!
That’s awesome R. Honeysuckle, huh?
I’m always curious as to how many details and how much backstory an author creates for their characters.
For me, it’s way more backstory than I’ll ever use, but almost all of these are referenced in some way or were at one time (in an older version). They even play 20Q in book 2 lol!
You guys have to go look at Tasha’s finished bath on GR.
She even used the baby hand. It looks great.
I couldn’t see it on my phone! Almost home. I’ll check it out on my laptop. Can’t wait to see the hand!
So i should of used sillier questions make it harder, lol.
I’m going to answer before I actually do something for the day.
Coffee. But with the high temps a tall glass of come over ice sounds pretty good.
60s of course but loved Oasis and the Verve.
Ireland though those I know who have been to Australia love it.
First to leave….if I show at all. Unless it is just close close friends.
Pen and paper. I love buying pens and notebooks.
Lemon verbena, sweet peas, fall, summer rain and on and on. I want to smell Paris In the spring.
Dog of course.
Both, but right now the beach. It’s be much cooler
First Day of my life by Bright Eyes
I have too many but one is the Golden Girls. I want to be the Golden Girls at that age with my friends.
13. Best date with someone else
14. Boxers or briefs
15. Favorite moivie
16. Candy or fruit – specific preference
17. Favorite subject in school
I started going through Tasha’s bathroom, then got stuck in Pintrest, looking at a bunch of pictures.
None of these were on the 20Q, just things brought up throughout. After 168k words, they’re bound to have some favorites! And that doesn’t even take into consideration the 50k I’ve cut that I still consider canon.
1. Diet Coke
2. ice cream
5. Last to leave
7. fresh cut grass
8. full size, long stemmed carnations
11. Lifehouse: Flight
20 Questions ( but not really)
1. Coffee, tea, or coke? Coffee, with cream and something to sweeten it.
2 Favorite midnight snack? Honest truth, I rarely need a midnight snack unless I’m craving something. (usually salt) So probably green olives?
3. 60s British invasion or 90s British Invasion? There was a 90s british invasion? I guess 60s because I don’t remember one from the 90s
4. Australia or Ireland for vacation? Ireland!!
5. First to arrive at the party or first to leave the party? Leave.
6. Pencil, pen, or type? Type. I clutch pencils and pens so hard, it hurts my hand.
7. Favorite scent? Cinnamon
8. Favorite Flowers? African Daisy
9. Dog or Cat? Cat
10. Walk on the beach or walk in the woods? Um… Woods. I love hiking. Walking on the beach means I’m not in the water. What’s the point of a beach without getting in the ocean?
11. Last love song you put on repeat? When You Were Young by The Killers
12. A show you can watch every time a rerun comes on? Supernatural
13. Having dinner cooked for me. From scratch.
15. Dirty Dancing
16. right now, pineapple
17. consumer behavior in college
Huh. Didn’t think of college. I think mine would be a toss between Music Theory and Mythology class.
Best date do the some one else is one the characters need to answer.
I am horrible at picking one favorite when it comes to many things bit especially movies, books, bands ecetra.
Yeah, I’ve never tried to wear boxers. 😉
I have a huge sweet tooth bit I’d still choose fruit. Right now cherries.
History. US and World.
I finally watched Fantastic Beast. I liked it.
13. F: something low-key; hanging around the house, watching movies, cooking together. D: something where he can spoil her; dinner, dancing, weekend get-away.
14. F: new affinity for novelty boxers. D: novelty boxers.
15. F: Dirty Dancing. D: The Empire Strikes Back.
16. F: Hershey’s Chocolate Bars. D: Fruit, anything tropical.
17. F: Art History. D: Music, Media, & Industry at U of Miami.
Hershey chocolate bar was my favorite my whole childhood well into adulthood. Broken into the separate squares. Often stacked then eaten.
Makes me want one.
That made me smile.
I had a very naughty scene with said chocolate bar, but it was cut 😀
13. Definitely character question
14. Boxer-briefs or boxers, never briefs
15. I’m like Bev. No favorite
Bev, I liked it too! I loved the tie-in to HP, yet it was still its own story. Did you guess that end? I didn’t.
YAY!! I wanna play! Okay…
1. Coffee, tea, or coke? Coffee, with chocolate caramel creamer from the fridge (that’s really bad for you).
2 Favorite midnight snack? Cottage cheese with buffalo or hot sauce. 😉
3. 60s British invasion or 90s British Invasion? Neither, for me… I guess. But have to give respect to the Beatles, so I’m going with 60s.
4. Australia or Ireland for vacation? Ireland!! <-- 🙂 I'm with bev on this one! 5. First to arrive at the party or first to leave the party? Leave. <--- Yep. Me too. 6. Pencil, pen, or type? Type. My handwriting is atrocious. Always has been. I used to have "extra" homework at night where I had to write 100 lines (same sentence over and over again) to improve my handwriting. Never worked. Just made me cry at the unfairness of it. 7. Favorite scent? Anything dessert. Vanilla being the most of it (but with a hint of dessert-y things, like apple, cinnamon, lemon, berries... you get the picture) 8. Favorite Flowers? Peonies!!!!! I can't grow those in FL though. *sigh* Figures. 😉 9. Dog or Cat? Dog. Short-haired little ones like MinPins or French Bulldogs or Whippets. 10. Walk on the beach or walk in the woods? Walk on the beach during sunset... but where my feet are in the shallow part and marveling at how amazing everything is. 11. Last love song you put on repeat? Say Something. I can't listen to that song without crying. 12. A show you can watch every time a rerun comes on? Chopped. I learn something new each time, even if I already know who's going to win. 13. Best date with someone else <--- Typical calm ones. Restaurant and a movie or a group get-together type thing. 14. Boxers or briefs <--- Boxer-briefs 15. Favorite movie <--- The Exorcist (or Paranormal Activity, or The Ring). 16. Candy or fruit – Fruit!! Cherries, ALL berries and Mangoes especially. 17. Favorite subject in school <--- English, Art, and Biology.
The Exorcist falls a teeny tiny fraction of a percent behind Dirty Dancing for my favorite movie!
R!! You rock in your love of the Exorcist!!! YAY ME! I’m not alone in my creepiness!! 😀
Dirty Dancing way before the Exorcist. I’m a wimp. I have lost count of Dirty Dancing viewings.
Tessa, I loved the niffler Who likes sparkles and shine. Lol.
No, I didn’t guess it but I knew a certain actor was showing up and that tipped me off.
Did anyone ever watch Tiger Land? First introduction to Colin Farrell and gah big crush on his character.
I LOVE the Beatles. John’s voice gives me shivers.
One of my favorite book nicknames is the heroine was named Lennon and the hero calls her John Lennon.
I didn’t guess the main point of that guy. It just blew my mind. I figured him, but not all the other stuff. The niffler was cute, though I liked the little green thing. It was so cute.
Exorcist – Just nope. I’m a wimp. I’d imagine so many bad things happening around me if I watched that.
The Exorcist? Are you mad, woman? *shudders*
Hard to say what is my fav movie. I’ve got big love for Notting Hill and Shakespeare In Love. Could rewatch them any day of the week. Also like sci-fi movies like The Arrival. But that one up there starting with E? I can’t even…….
*hugs Grey* Thank you for your comment. I feel like we would all be friends in rl too.
Hey bev, Amy and Maryse, I’ve never heard of an ‘alpha reader’ either. *laughs*
Grey, I am so impressed by all the reading work you do. Such a wonderful (and vital!) service to writers.
Such a fun movie. I love the bench inscription.
Shifter’s Shadow (Legion of Angels Book 5) by Ella Summers was released on Fri! *squee* I am loving this series. Once I’m done with my book, I’m going to move onto that! (The book is short. I’ll be done tonight. 😀 )
No way Maryse! Despite the scary, it’s a brilliant movie! I have a mild obsession with occult stuff and wrote about it when I reviewed The Amityville Horror. Have you ever heard of the book Hostage to the Devil? Holy Moses… It’s “non-fiction” and I linked it in the review if you ever run out of scary. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1751677145?book_show_action=false&from_review_page=1