25 Friday Finds & Reader Recommendations – December 1st 2017

by Maryse on December 1, 2017 · 117 comments

in eBook Deals

Happy December everyone!! This is the month we’ve all been waiting for, and it’s finally arrived!!! And it sure feels like Christmas in here… with all these sweet-sounding Christmas love stories.

But no worries, if sweet ain’t your thing, there’s plenty more of our “other” favorites. ;)

TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND :D !!

• ETERN1TY (EXPIRE DUET Book 2) by Erin Noelle <— LIVE!! ERIN NOELLE’S DUET IS NOW COMPLETE!!! If she looks into someone’s eyes, she can see the date of their death… so she remains alone. “Disconnected from all those around me, I’m content being alone, simply existing. Until I meet him Tavian. The man beyond the numbers. How can I stay away, when everything about him draws me in? But how can I fall in love, knowing exactly when it will expire?” Gasp!!!!! P.S. Book #1 ➔ http://amzn.to/2AlyW6e
  • Beautiful Broken Rules (Broken Series Book 1) by Kimberly Lauren <— SUPER-ANGSTY SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!
Emily: I LOVE the “Beautiful Broken” series by Kimberly Lauren but I would absolutely recommend that you read “Beautiful Broken Rules” first because all the same characters are in “Beautiful Broken Mess” and you get the foundation for so much laid out in BBR. Did I mention TWINS!? ;)
Jan: I’ve been enjoying Meredith Duran’s series set in Victorian England, called Rules for the reckless. But they’re pretty emotionally intense…
  • Any Given Snow Day by Marie Harte <— LIVE!!! SINGLE MOM & EX-NFL STAR ALERT!!! “…Roped into helping his brother coach a bunch of teenagers, Mitch finds himself playing defense against the many women in town wanting his attention. Except for one particular woman who doesn’t seem to like him much...”
  • First by Kimberly Adams <— BACK ON THE LIST AND AT THE TOP OF MY TBR LIST!!! ‘Cause even more of our crew read it, and went and/or are going crazy for it!

Melinda: Just dropped in to say I bit the bullet and read FIRST, Omg this one def has Amy’s name all over it. What an emotional roller coaster. I had to ban myself from reading at work as I was scared I wouldn’t go back. It was just aaaaah soooo nice. Really different from what I expected. Maryse you just have to read it 5++++ stars.

MichelleS: First was not at all what I expected. All those feels! And it felt REAL, most importantly. Sniffle sniffle….

Melinda: MichelleS I so loved that book. Smiling, sniffing, crying, then my heart was OMG. What an emotional ride. I started to read at work then I thought omg I’m going to cry at work. I really loved it.

Amy: started First this morning. I couldn’t hold off any longer. Yeah, yeah…I know I’ve been trying to read Forget for like two or three weeks, but First is just BEGGING to be read. The prologue alone hooked me and now I’m just hoping the story itself lives up to what the prologue promised. ;)

MichelleS: Amy – yay!!! I loved First. Had to get through a few chapters before I was hooked, but then… BAM! Right in the heart. I wanted to be her. I wanted him to be mine. All the good stuff. Then I cried. You like crying, right?

Amy: OMG MichelleS, I KNOW you know what your description of First just did to me…the butterflies in my tummy feel like they just smoked a bunch of crack!! *happy dances over to the wine rack*

Melinda: Ohh and Amy, I was sucked into that book “First” with the prologue too.
You just wait. It’s really good. Your heart will love it.

Amy: *sigh* This book…

Nay: I’m reading First next!

• Last Call by Christina Lee & Felice Stevens <— CHRISTINA LEE & FELICE STEVENS M/M ROMANCE LOVERS!! M/M ROMANCE… and add an extra M. ;)  Look what just went live! Two best friends open a bar together, and then… “…Hoping to score an easy buck and a place to sleep, unemployed circus roadie Emery Woods chooses Last Call to run a few bets and enjoy a decent beer before moving on. When he finds himself stranded, the unexpected kindness Quinn and Gray show him leads to temporary work and a couch to lay his head. Sensing unresolved history between Quinn and Gray, he squashes his immediate draw to the men, opting to avoid trouble. But as days turn into weeks, denying the attraction is easier said than done...”
  • Jared’s Fulfillment (Jared & Kieran Book 2) by Riley Hart <— LIVE!! RILEY HART M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! D/s…It’s a delicate balance: give and take, pleasure and pain. Together we can break each other down to our purest forms and build each other up again. Kieran always says I’m stronger than I think, but I know that together we’re invincible…if only he’d believe me. We have two choices: say goodbye or fight for what’s always been out of both our reaches…fulfillment…”
  • Paws Up for Love (Canine Cupids Book 3) by Stephanie Rowe
  • Free Ride (Shadow Keepers MC Book 1) by M.N. Forget <— RECENTLY RELEASED BIKER BOOK ALERT!!! And er… Kooloo recommends it! ;) Sorta. tee hee!
Kooloo: So if you don’t want to read about a kick a@@ biker princess that would rather be patched in who has multiple personality disorder that enrolles in Uni killing ensues nut house involoved more killing and through out is a howt as hell hero than FREE RIDE by MC Forgy is def Not for you! Oh ya here it is… Free Ride. DON’T CLICK IT
  • The Birthday Girl: The gripping new psychological thriller full of shocking twists and lies: 2 by Sue Fortin <— LIVE!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! And it’s super-bargain priced! “…When Joanne’s friends reluctantly accept an invitation to her birthday party, it quickly becomes clear that there is more to this weekend than they are expecting. One of them is hiding a secret. And Joanne is planning to reveal it… A weekend away in a cottage in the woods sounds like fun – until no one can hear your cries for help...”
  • Temp Girl: part 6 of 6 (Kindle Single) by Stephanie Bond
  • Paws Up for Love (Canine Cupids Book 3) by Stephanie Rowe <— LIVE!! Can be read as a standalone!
  • Real Cowboys Get Their Girls (A Wyoming Rebels Boxed set, with bonus novella) by Stephanie Rowe
  • Cocky Fiancé by T.L. Smith and Melissa Jane <— LIVE!! HE’S HER FORBIDDEN FAKE FIANCE ALERT!!He wasn’t meant to be on my radar, he was definitely the off-limits guy. My brother’s best friend, my friend’s ex, but most of all he was my boss…
  • Love, Snow & Mistletoe by Zeia Jameson,‎ Hilaria Alexander,‎ Megan Green,‎ Alexandria Bishop,‎ D.B. James,‎ Rachel Renee,‎ Jennifer Rebecca <— CHRISTMAS ANTHOLOGY ALERT!!!Seven of your favorite authors have come together for a holiday charity anthology! Missing your favorite characters? Jump right back into their lives for a little Christmas fun and join your favorite beaus under the mistletoe…
  • Heart in a Box by Ally Sky <— LIVE!!! HE LEFT HER AT THE ALTAR… THE JERK!!!!! “...Five years later, she is raising her daughter on her own, struggling with the expenses that threaten to drown her. Out of nowhere the man who broke her heart is back and he has demands...”
  • All I Want for Christmas by Lila Kane <— LIVE!! BIG SHOT EX-MOVIE STAR COMES INTO TOWN… “...When Dylan arrives in town, claiming he needs a new beginning, I don’t buy it. No one comes to Cedar Creek to start over. Everyone tries to leave Cedar Creek to start over…”
  • Dear Santa, I Can Explain! by Kayt Miller <— LIVE!! CUTE TITLE!! She kissed a miserly man in the closet. “…It was the best kiss of my entire life. So, now all I want for Christmas, is another kiss from my mystery man. Because, if I’m going to be on the ‘naughty’ list I might as well deserve it...”
  • 10 Things I Love About You: A Love in the ’90s Anthology by L.A. Fiore,‎ Elise Kova ,‎ Carey Heywood,‎ Mindy Michele,‎ Tia Silverthorne Bach,‎ Christina Benjamin,‎ Mary Ting,‎ Katie M. John,‎ Micalea Smeltzer,‎ Skye Warren <— SOUNDS LIKE MY DREAM BOOK!!!!! :D !!!! “TEN THINGS I LOVE ABOUT YOU is a collection of ten contemporary romance, new adult, stand-alone stories set in the 1990s. The title of each love story will be a hit song from the year that the novella represents, and are written, respectively, by award-winning and bestselling authors…
  • Thursdays at Eight: A Romance Novel by Debbie Macomber <— LIVE!! DEBBIE MACOMBER ALERT!! “Every week, four women have an unmissable appointment in their calendars: they meet for breakfast…”
  • Bottom Line: Nomad Bikers (Devil’s Due MC Book 6) by Chelsea Camaron <— LIVE!! BIKER BOOK ALERT!! Can be read as a standalone.
  • The Christmas Fix by Lucy Score <— NO CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL THIS YEAR... that is until… “…home renovation expert slash smoking hot reality TV star Catalina King shows up with a camera crew and a budget big enough to put the town back together again, Noah balks. Hard. The last time Cat was in town she stirred up trouble everywhere she went. (Residents are still talking about the town’s first and only bar fight.) Noah doesn’t need a TV diva capitalizing on his town’s tragedy or filling his daughter’s head with glitz and glam…”
  • Taming Trouble: Finding Focus Book 4 by Jiffy Kate <— LIVE & SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!! ROCK STAR ALERT!! And wow… that cover. Reminds me of my version of “Acheron”. He’s taking a break from his rock star lifestyle… and then he meets her… “...The fire between them is palpable and lands them between the sheets more often than not. But when a blast from Tucker’s past shows up out of nowhere, he’s forced to re-evaluate his life. The future never looked more uncertain and his heart never felt more torn apart. Suddenly, staying on the road doesn’t seem like such a bad idea after all...”
  • The KINDLE UNLIMITED” subscription is on sale right now! :D !!!!

AUDIOBOOK L:DVERS

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
  1. Darker: Fifty Shades Darker as Told by Christian by E.L. James <— KOOLOO GOT IT and says: “Got the audiobook already Zachary Webber’s voice is yummy”
  2. Ghosted by J.M. Darhower <— 5-STAR BOOK ALERT!! Leslie (and ALL of us!!) loved the book, and the audiobook just came out!
Leslie: I loved Ghosted! I might do a re-read on audio. That was one I wasnt sure about at beginning of story and then it sucked me right in.

PREORDERS (Just a few of next week’s!!! :D)

Nay December 1, 2017 at 7:10 AM

Good morning! Happy Friday!

R. Renee December 1, 2017 at 7:15 AM

Good morning! Nay are you there? I’m up if you’re bored and waiting.

Leslie M December 1, 2017 at 7:43 AM

Happy Friday & 1st day of December! Where did this year go?

Maryse, 2017 was a great reading year for me. Lots of 5 stars!!! I already started my “best of” list for you!! :) I can’t wait to see everyone’s faves.

R. Renee December 1, 2017 at 7:58 AM

I didn’t read much last month but my favorite was an awesome one! The Pebble Jar by H.A. Robinson. #tearjerker

Maryse December 1, 2017 at 9:07 AM

YAY Leslie!!! YES PLEASE!!! I can’t wait to start posting all the lists. :D

Leslie M December 1, 2017 at 9:22 AM

R, what is the latest news on your book??

*squirms with excitement*

R. Renee December 1, 2017 at 9:37 AM

I’m done, but I hired Suanne’s proofreader and she is super diligent. I’m sending it to her tonight and won’t get it back for 3 weeks, and then I anticipate another week for formatting. ARCs should still be ready in Dec, but it doesn’t look like a Dec release date is possible. I’m totally bummed about this, but lesson learned. When planning a release, take holidays into account. :roll:

Leslie M December 1, 2017 at 9:43 AM

Well maybe that is better?? I think most people don’t have a lot of reading time this month anyway. So perhaps a January release will attract more readers?

R. Renee December 1, 2017 at 10:07 AM

More readers, but also more competition. But my husband broke it down for me when he asked what my #1 goal is, and putting out the best book I possibly can is at the top. Sales aren’t even on that list. I *could* have gone with another proofreader, but I wanted the best.

Tessa December 1, 2017 at 11:19 AM

Good luck and I love that you just want the best book possible. The good news is Jan is when people spend money due to all the cards they just got for presents. :) Also, some popular authors that normally come out in Jan have moved their books to April. No idea why, but a huge mass of them did.

Torn from You… Geesh, it was intense that one part. Now, where I am, it’s still on edge, but less intense. I totally get where she’s coming from. It’s not unreasonable at all, imo.

Grey December 1, 2017 at 11:42 AM

Actually a LOT of people seem to be releasing in February… So maybe you’ll have a wide open lane in January. *shrug*

I came home early today, not feeling well, and can’t have that, I have a family wedding tomorrow… So sleep is on my agenda.

Nay December 1, 2017 at 12:01 PM

I’m out and I’m home. The doc said that everything he could see and measure from the echo and poking (ick) around looked great. He was actually like, ‘Now *why* are they having you get this?’

But I still have to wait for the results of the biopsy, so I’ll keep y’all posted!

Now I’m going to follow your lead, Grey, and take a nap because I got NO sleep last night, and then I’m ready for a new month of reading!!! I’m with you, Leslie. Where did the year go? It seems like we were just starting to talk about book challenges.

Feel better, Grey!

R. Renee December 1, 2017 at 12:03 PM

Thank you for the update Nay! That sounds really positive. Get some sleep!

Maryse December 1, 2017 at 12:08 PM

*gently squeezes Nay*

I’m so happy the news is sounding good, my friend!!! Nap, rest, and indulge!!

Maryse December 1, 2017 at 12:10 PM

*tucks Grey in*

*sprays a shot of Lysol* ;)

Tasha J December 1, 2017 at 12:12 PM

Ok, so I like to stalk a variety of author’s fb pages to see what’s new and upcoming or they’re very funny and a good pick me up, whatever. Anyway, a day or 2 ago I swore I saw a new one coming soon enough about being single? It was a romance and maybe funny and I thought there was a cover reveal. But, now I can’t find it. Did I dream this? I should’ve screenshoted it or something. Grrr, I wanted to read it. Looking forward to Roomies! And there are a few coming in Feb. I want to read too! ;)

Maryse December 1, 2017 at 12:16 PM

I’m happy you’re doing it right, R. And I LOVE that cover!!!

Tasha J December 1, 2017 at 12:16 PM

Bah! Nvm, I found it. I thought it was by Emma Hart and I even dbl checked and didn’t see it. But, I found it. The Upside to Being Single. Jan. 30th. I’m screenshotting it. lol Don’t mind me…

Tasha J December 1, 2017 at 12:25 PM

Confession: My Christmas tree is up with pretty plaid red and green ribbon and 4 whole ornaments. Because I didn’t feel like getting the ornaments out this year. They’re all from hallmark and it’s been tradition every year since I was a kid to get one. That tradition carried on with my kids so there are gobs. GOBS! And there all in a box with bubble wrap and what not and it’s a pain. Also, our painted Halloween pumpkins sit on my steps in front of my reindeer burlap wreath. AND, I didn’t get the darn elf out this morning. I’m halfing it on Christmas this year, obviously.

R. Renee December 1, 2017 at 12:25 PM

Thanks Maryse! <3

Tessa December 1, 2017 at 12:28 PM

My favorite book last month was an ARC that won’t be released until 1/9/18. A Meddle of Wizards by Alexandra Rushe. Super wonderful fantasy. :) That said, I had a lot of good books this month, but few greats.

Young December 1, 2017 at 12:36 PM

Can anyone please help me for a good fantasy romance? I’m in a book rut and I’m dying to read books like Tairen Soul or Warprize series?

Tessa December 1, 2017 at 2:05 PM

Muahaha My favorite genre!

Fantasy Romance:
Court of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J. Maas (Ignore the YA. It’s SOOOO not)
Sea King by CL Wilson was recently released. It’s part of a series but it’s standalone type but with major spoilers from the first book. So if you haven’t read it yet, read Winter King first.
KA Linde’s Ascension series
Kingmaker series by Amanda Bouchet
Radiance by Grace Draven
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Fantasyland by Kristen Ashley
Graceling by Kristen Cashore
Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon
The Others series by Anne Bishop

I didn’t put anything on that list I didn’t enjoy. :D There are more, but I can’t vouch for them because I haven’t read them yet. Some authors have more, like Anne Bishop, but that’s her best series (Though Sebastian was SUPER romantic). Hope that helps! Michelle could probably add some. Also, I might remember more later.

Tessa December 1, 2017 at 2:06 PM

Like Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. *rolls eyes at herself* Can’t believe I forgot that. Her crows book continues in that world.

Amy December 1, 2017 at 2:25 PM

So glad to hear you’re doing okay, Nay! :D Keep us updated on the biopsy results.

I remember Beautiful Broken Rules and all of that FUN angst. Click it ladies!!

R. Renee December 1, 2017 at 2:37 PM

It’s things like this that keep me from finishing anything. :lol: https://www.demilked.com/funny-i-woke-up-to-this-moments/

Tessa December 1, 2017 at 3:45 PM

More epic fantasy romances:

My favorite of the month that won’t come out until 1/9/18 – A Meddle of Wizards by Alexandra Rushe. Get it when it comes out.
The Mark of Tala by Jeffe Kennedy
Believe it or not – The Princess Bride by Willam Goldman
Reluctant Concubine by Dana Marton
Slumber by Samantha Young

I should put a disclaimer in that I did not add Kushiel’s Dart by Jaquelyn Carey because, even though MANY people loved it, there was a scene in the book that just creeped me out and couldn’t finish it. I tried to continue, but just, no. To this day, I wish I had mind bleach. It probably wouldn’t bother most people honestly, but it did me.

Tessa December 1, 2017 at 3:47 PM

R. Number three is awesome. lol That’s one way to wake up.

bev December 1, 2017 at 3:54 PM

Yay, Nay. A hopeful Yay.

Is it bad if I just have brownies for dinner? It’s all I feel like.

I usually look forward to making a best of list….but not this year. Weird. *shrug*

Tessa December 1, 2017 at 3:54 PM

And I’d love to wake up to a baby owl, except my cats would think that I was serving them a treat. :P

bev December 1, 2017 at 3:56 PM

I am looking forward to Roomies. My catnip all over it.

Maryse December 1, 2017 at 4:41 PM

I want chicken wings. :)

Amy December 1, 2017 at 4:42 PM

I was just looking back and WOW! This year has been full of 4.5 to 5-star reads.

Whether or not First will be on that list remains to be seen, but so far it’s lookin’ good!

Amy December 1, 2017 at 4:44 PM

OMG that goose…I want him!!!!

Nay December 1, 2017 at 5:52 PM

bev, I don’t think brownies for dinner is bad AT ALL!

My favorite breakfast is Hello Dollies–refrigerated. YUM!

Tasha J December 1, 2017 at 6:50 PM

What are hello dollies? Popcorn and m&ms is the supper of champions!! Though I’m eating a chicken, lettuce, tomato wrap tonight. Are ya’ll watching Elf tonight still? I just watched it a week ago or so or I’d join, earlier of coarse bc I’m not on the east coast.

Maryse December 1, 2017 at 6:58 PM

I wanna know what Hello Dollies are, too!!!!!

Tasha J December 1, 2017 at 7:00 PM

*west coast

Tessa December 1, 2017 at 7:52 PM

Popcorn is best with hot tamales! *grins* Cinnamon extreme with popcorn goodness.

Alright, just a mini rant. Math! If it’s hard for an author, ask to verify. 12+10+1 does not equal 21. :/ I see this stuff all the time. Just, if it’s not your forte, ask. Or, use a calculator. *sighs* It’s hard to keep track of years when that happens. Alright, end of rant.

Kooloo December 1, 2017 at 11:11 PM

MichelleS!!!!!
Cont’d from previous post…

Questions for you:
1) are you on GR because I can’t find you (update: Nop I think I found you lol)
2) if no than Why Not? (I hope that was you I PM’d)
3) have you read A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES series by Deborah Harkness
4) do you do Audiobooks because the series narrator (Jennifer Ikeda) was Brilliant!

Jan December 2, 2017 at 12:02 AM

*gently hugs Nay* Thinking of you my booky friend. Hope everything is fine.

And it’s December already??? Whaaa?????

OK, fav November read was #4 of the Rules For The Reckless series Maryse linked to up there. The book was called Luck Be A Lady. Set in Victorian London. Nick is an East End crime lord, but not an icky evil one. He has some morals and works to support the poor of his community. A little like Robin Hood I guess, but not cheesy. He’s pretty sexy actually ;)

Catherine works in an auction house, assessing antiques and artworks that come up for sale. She loves her work, but in her personal life is pretty lonely. But when her creepy brother tries to swindle her out of the auction house, she enters into a marriage of convenience with Nick, because only a married woman can legally continue with the business. And of course, it all turns into so much more! *fans self*. I really enjoyed this one.

Tessa December 2, 2017 at 1:17 AM

Two more epic fantasy romances!
Baine Chronicles by Jasmine Walt
Chronicle’s of Lunos series by ES Bell

It’s a challenge now to remember them. Someone else has to chime in here. :) Epic fantasy romances you’d recommend.

Leslie M December 2, 2017 at 8:09 AM

Lisa chose Something in the Way by Jessica Hawkins for me in “pick for me” challenge! Woot woot

Buddy read anyone??? I will read anytime this month if someone wants to join me. Let me know. *makes sad lonely puppy dog eyes*

Grey December 2, 2017 at 8:15 AM

Leslie, I will!!!

Still feel kinda cruddy today, but got major happenings going on so
.. Cant languish in bed like I would prefer to…

Leslie M December 2, 2017 at 9:32 AM

Yay!!! BR with Grey!!!

*glitter bomb*

Christine I December 2, 2017 at 10:48 AM

I just wanted to recommend a book that I just finished reading (there’s a movie too) . . . . It’s called “Call Me by Your Name”. It’s sensual, erotic, and cerebral. It’s a story set in a N. Italian villa and it involves a young American professor staying for the summer as a guest of the family who owns the villa and their 17 year old son. It’s not creepy or anything . . . And the peach scene!!!!!

Kooloo December 2, 2017 at 11:08 AM

Oooooo Christine sounds simmerExy!
I’ll try the book first… peaches yummy

Kooloo December 2, 2017 at 11:14 AM

I’m lurving my Pick4Me book this month: ANGELFALL by Susan Ee
Was up till 2am reading it in bed — then BAMM my iPad fell on my face lol
it was such a rude awakening I switch to the audiobook after that!

Kooloo December 2, 2017 at 12:27 PM

Grey and Jean I just PM you on GR
BTW how you feeling these days Leslie?

@@@ That’s the pluse side of working in health care for 2 decades — I can’t remember the last time I got sick!

Amy December 2, 2017 at 12:43 PM

*brushes glitter from couch and settles in with blankie and coffee*

I love having a Saturday with nothing pressing to do! I finished First (mixed feelings on it) and today I’m starting Until It Fades. I’m craving the whole sports celebrity H and “normal” person h storyline right now. :D

Amy December 2, 2017 at 12:47 PM

Kooloo! Angelfall was SO good. Makes me all nostalgic for the post-Twilight period where there was a plethora of YA/NA PNR and UF series…

Tessa December 2, 2017 at 12:52 PM

Amy, did you ever finish the series?

Amy December 2, 2017 at 12:59 PM

Tessa, I still have to read the third one but I remember liking the second one just as much as the first.

The way he tried to care for his wings in the first one…oh, my heart. :(

Amy December 2, 2017 at 1:37 PM

Okay, I’m hooked. Two chapters in and this poor h has my heart.

*giddy dance*

bev December 2, 2017 at 2:22 PM

Tessa tell Amy to stop shaking the couch with her giddy dance.

Susan December 2, 2017 at 2:27 PM

Maryse, you will love First. I just finished it this past week it was really good. Reading the Kingmaker Series right now and I’m on the second book. Court of Thorn and Roses is amazing!! Every book she writes is 5 star for me. Tessa posted a great list!!

Amy December 2, 2017 at 2:30 PM

LOL!!! That is totally me right now, bev!

Tutu and all. At least in my head.

*scoops up leftover glitter and tosses it around*

Kooloo December 2, 2017 at 3:11 PM

That was the best Bev LMAO!!!!

Kooloo December 2, 2017 at 3:14 PM

Ok I found the new Roomba its called the Temi and I’m asking Santa for one cause I’m such a good girl!!!

And I’ll be taking this baby to work with me lol

Leslie M December 2, 2017 at 7:06 PM

Kooloo, my cold is almost all gone, thanks for all the advice!

Amy, I LOVED Until it Fades and I normally hate slow burn. But THIS is how slow burn should be done.

*runs off to check out book Christine rec’d*

Christine December 2, 2017 at 7:18 PM

Armi Hammer plays Oliver in the movie . . . . L’sigh

MichelleS December 2, 2017 at 7:42 PM

Kooloo

1. I’m on GR
2. Yes, that’s me you messaged
3. I read first one – I’d just read Elemental Mysteries series by Elizabeth Hunter, and it just didn’t compare.
4. Nope. Audiobooks is not my thang! I could hardly get through Acheron once upon a time!

Kooloo December 2, 2017 at 8:19 PM

Eww just listen to a sample of that Audiobook and that narrator *fan face dramatically* was “tres terrible” !

bev December 2, 2017 at 8:21 PM

I saw a Fabi. A real life Fabi.

Kooloo December 2, 2017 at 8:31 PM

Yup saw her too… does that mean she’s for real and not just make-believe?

Amy December 2, 2017 at 8:58 PM

*gasp* Where is this Fabi sighting?!?

Cheryl December 2, 2017 at 9:31 PM

Nay, that was reassuring and hope the biopsy results are just as good!

Crazy, busy week and just now catching up on all this weeks posts and comments.

Finished reading Butterfly. Rockstar H and “normal” girl h. Good read. Now not sure what is next.

Amy, what were your mixed feelings about First?

bev December 2, 2017 at 9:51 PM

In the Goodreads forest. She is elusive but if I catch her I will give her to you. I’m not sure I have the means to take care of a Fabi. I hear they like many many books and streaking

Leslie M December 2, 2017 at 10:18 PM

I have heard about the streaking. ;)

R. Renee December 2, 2017 at 10:18 PM

Next year there will be skinny dipping… ;)

bev December 2, 2017 at 10:42 PM

Tessa and Jean’s favorite sport, you should invite them. But I always heard Fabi’s were afraid of water.

Amy December 2, 2017 at 11:05 PM

And Tessas like pasties…

Cheryl December 3, 2017 at 12:27 AM

Cheryl December 3, 2017 at 12:28 AM

Amy, I thought at first you said pastries and I was going to say who doesn’t like pastries. Ugh, time to go to bed…

Amy December 3, 2017 at 1:48 AM

“Just don’t try to hug a Bev, while streaking to go skinny-dipping. I hear they bite!!” <—– LOL!!!! Yep, a bev will bite if you attempt to hug one! :P

Pastries, pasties, streaking Fabis and biting bevs…yep, it's a Friday night on the blog. *snort*

Nay December 3, 2017 at 6:16 AM

OMG you guys! Thank you for making me laugh!!

We put up the Christmas tree yesterday and for the first time in 3 years, I was able to go to our garage that’s on the edge of our property, get up on the ladder, and get all the Christmas decorations down myself. It’s amazing the things we take for granted, and I’m so thankful!

bev December 3, 2017 at 9:03 AM

Lol, Cheryl.

Yes, beware huggers. Especially naked ones.

Leslie M December 3, 2017 at 9:14 AM

*set off christmas glitter bomb for Nay*

Wow! There are a lot of crazy animals rooming the forest of Goodreads huh? I need to be careful.

Kooloo December 3, 2017 at 10:49 AM

*Hugs Nay* It is truely amazing Naynay – what a wonderful/far-reaching/touching gift if you really think about it…

I watched Babe last night – I JUST LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT MOVIE
BUT still have this song stuck in my head this morning as a sip my Peperment Nespresso…

Grey December 3, 2017 at 12:40 PM

*tosses glitter and confetti* ahh weddings… They’re magical, especially when you don’t have to pay for them or be involved in them for the most part, haha!

I will make magical blankie forts for this auspicious Fabi sighting! *tossing more glitter* and adding some chocolate and wine to the fort supply shopping list.

Maryse December 3, 2017 at 5:13 PM

*swings Nay around… well…. WE BOTH swing around with the tilt-a-whirl-force*
;)

Maryse December 3, 2017 at 5:14 PM

I WHILL NOT be skinny dipping.

*whill?* *makes it more British, right?*

Jan December 3, 2017 at 5:52 PM

Lol Maryse. I whill not be skinny dipping either. We’ll be dignified and sip cocktails while everyone else goes dippin’.

bev December 3, 2017 at 5:54 PM

Whilst our backs are turned.

Amy December 3, 2017 at 7:27 PM

Cheryl, I have mixed feelings about First mostly due to the last 1/4 or so. It was all teenage sweetness and heartache up until about 75%, and the pacing was going pretty well for the most part, too. I was feeling her feels right along with her. There were a LOT of typos (which was surprising given I don’t remember that happening in her Roam books) but it was tolerable.

But in the last 25%, it switched from experiencing the story to feeling like events were simply being told, and the feels…stopped. It felt like random details and thoughts were tossed in as filler (like what he revealed the little tidbit about something that happened while he was “gone”…really? What value did THAT little event add to the story? Nothing other than to make me cringe).

I dunno, it just kind of ruined it for me so I was really disappointed. And I really wish the blurb didn’t give away that he was going to come back. Knowing that took away virtually all of the grief I should have felt with her, ya know?

Amy December 3, 2017 at 7:31 PM

But Until It Fades… *swooooooooooooooon*

Holy moly, I’m in love right now. The perfectly paced buildup, the slow burn, THE BUTTERFLIES!!

I am feeling similar feels to when I read Love Unscripted and relishing every single second of it.

*deep dreamy sigh*

Jan December 3, 2017 at 7:38 PM

*goes to look up Until It Fades*

Kooloo December 3, 2017 at 7:47 PM

Oh Amy… I know how you feel read it yestrday and loved it because it was sooooo what’s the word? ? ? ? ummmm…light…cute…swooooonworthy (that’s the one) and of course soooo different than her (K.A. Tucker) other works which were Rip-Your-Heart-Out 5 Star reads for me!

bev December 3, 2017 at 7:48 PM

Hmm I have Until it Fades. So though I am not reading I have been buying lately.

*gives self look of disappointment *

Books recently added to the tar:

The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl by Melissa Kell
Christmas in London by Anita Hughes
I see London I See France by Sarah Mlynowski
Bad Princess by Julianna Keyes
Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

Amy December 3, 2017 at 7:55 PM

“I see London I See France”

I see someone’s underpants!

‘Cause they stripped them off to run nekkid in the GR forest!!!

*giggles like a middle schooler*

Maryse December 3, 2017 at 7:56 PM

bev… I think YOU’D like “Until It Fades”

I do. I believe it so.

I LOVED it…. it’s subtle, sweet and slow-burn-like, but I just see you loving it like I did.

Maryse December 3, 2017 at 7:57 PM

AMY! YES

Until it Fades is “one of those” to me.

Subtle… but intense and exactly what I love. I DEMAND everyone read it.

I demand it so!

Can I do that?

Maryse December 3, 2017 at 8:00 PM

Agreed Amy!!!!

Knowing he was coming back lessened the shock (excitement and OMG!!!!) of it all. I KNEW he was coming back… (I wish I didn’t know it). I would have loved that whole part so much more. Or freaked out, anyway.

I still cried the whole way through. Maybe it’s the full moon? ;) YES LOOK!! FULL. MOON.

I’m feeling it.

Still, I know i loved First.

Maryse December 3, 2017 at 8:01 PM

Jan!!!

WHILL!!!

WE WHILL! ;)

R. Renee December 3, 2017 at 8:02 PM

I love the word “whilst” and borrow it often! That and boot. My car doesn’t have a trunk, it has a boot.

Kooloo December 3, 2017 at 8:33 PM

Hey hey beautiful ladies! I got a reminder from Aubible re a pre-order I tots forgot about – I just love it when that happens, cause its like the universe (…well me) is giving me a surpise gift of the things I love *gigles*
And so I will be geting the gift of The Nora Roberts in the am – whoot whoot!
Get this ladies her new book “Year One” is a Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian Fantasy – I KNOW RIGHT!
But hey it’s Nora and I so love the suspense-lit of her alter ego J.D. Robb (what is with that pen-name – Anyone??) Actually I’m reading/listening to one them right now called “Naked in Death” LOOOVE IT!

bev December 3, 2017 at 8:44 PM

Demand away. But whill we listen?

I am thinking of trying something kinda drastic next year in regards to ebooks. I think I want to set up preorders for the coming year. Then allow myself maybe like 3 outs for surprise books, or ones that have no preorder but rumor is it will release in 18, or the big buzzy book like the Hating Game. But other than that not buy any ebooks for 2018. Can I do It? I mean I have that set up, the library, prime, ku, a crazy ebook tbr, and a physical tbr I could always trade in. I should be more than set and yet it scares me.

Kooloo December 3, 2017 at 8:52 PM

I am a huge Christina Lauren FANGIRL! I have read and Audibled (ha new one for the Urban Dictionary folks and you heard it hear – lol) BEAUTIFUL BASTARD like a million times.

So Roomies is on my list for tomorrow – but since I have work I’m going to start my morning Audibling (another Urb-Dic) it! Oh and K.C. Sheridan is narrating so yay me again – she is awesome btw and like I discussed with Jan the other day – there is just something about an Irish accent that does IT for me (…to me) – it’s just so SAXY *sqeeeee*

bev December 3, 2017 at 9:28 PM

I’m curious about the Roberts dystopian as I used to read her books by the armload, lol.
I preordered Roomies too. I love the forced cohabitation and MOC tropes.

Jan December 3, 2017 at 10:47 PM

Did you just say ‘urb-dic’ Kooloo? That sounds kinda rude, in Australian anyway. *laughs*

I’m in for Roomies tomorrow too. I love the Beautiful series. *hugs Kooloo and bev*

bev December 3, 2017 at 11:23 PM

*Bites*

Kooloo December 4, 2017 at 6:07 AM

Jan heeheeoops

Melinda December 4, 2017 at 6:12 AM

Kooloo, I’m with Jan. urb-dic sounds rude. Hahaha.

I have also pre-ordered Roomies. Love her books.

Kooloo December 4, 2017 at 6:20 AM

Crap today’s the 4th new books out on the 5th why world why world….
Oh it’s a Monday that explains it Gahhhhh *throws hands on the and stomps off to work*

Leslie M December 4, 2017 at 7:58 AM

“Urb-dic” *giggles*

Bev, WOW! That is drastic!! Think you can do it? You would be my hero.

R, I too love the word “whilst”. However, please FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY tell me that if your MCs are american that they don’t say “whilst”. Read story once where h was from Boston and spoke with british-isms. Made me crazy.

R. Renee December 4, 2017 at 8:53 AM

Nope! But I double checked anyway, in case it was done for sarcastic purposes. And it went off to the PR at 2:45 am! My everything hurts.

bev December 4, 2017 at 10:42 AM

I think not, lol.

But I really want to try.

Leslie M December 4, 2017 at 11:18 AM

R, sarcastic use is a completely diff thing and totally acceptable.

But when character is supposed to be native of where you live and speaks completely off, it kind of ruins story.

That’s awesome you are in final stages of your book!!! *gets champagne ready*

Bev, good luck!!

R. Renee December 4, 2017 at 12:43 PM

I had that problem with Rainfall. I LOVED it, but I had to keep reminding myself where it was set.

Young December 4, 2017 at 1:58 PM

Thanks Tessa!!! The Mark of Tala by Jeffe Kennedy is the only one I read which I loved.

bev December 4, 2017 at 3:46 PM

So ridiculous that I probably have 1000 books and am worried about not having more. I mean I could probably take that European trip I’ve always dreamed of if I could refund them, lol.
Not that I would.
But it sometimes gives me anxiety all those unread books I have.

Nay December 4, 2017 at 4:03 PM

Oooh, one of my pet peeves–reading U.S. things that are not fitting to the U.S. (unless the character isn’t from the U.S., which is fine) I lurve reading Aussie and British books, but I want them set there, not here!

Oh, and along the lines of ‘whilst’, I ALWAYS say ‘SHedule’, I haven’t pronounced it SKedule since I watched Shane Donovan on Days of our Lives in the 80′s! lol

Nay December 4, 2017 at 4:04 PM

Amy, No! Say it isn’t so! I quit reading your post about ‘First’ after you mentioned the typos. Now I’m bummed!

Kooloo December 4, 2017 at 4:15 PM

My fav is “he was in his cups” lol
vs “he was pished” or is that Irish?
Ok vs “he was smashed” nop that us
“Hammered”? “Plastered”???
Got it!!! “he was sloshed” Right!?!

Leslie M December 4, 2017 at 6:01 PM

I have major anxiety over unread books AND choosing which to read because there are so many.

First world problems…

Cheryl December 4, 2017 at 6:44 PM

Thanks Amy, think First gets taken off the tbr list.

I read Until It Fades. I’m in the minority of not thinking it was a 5* read.

Kooloo December 4, 2017 at 9:15 PM

Remember “On Dublin Street” by Samantha Young – yes it’s been 5 years but I’m sure you remember it! Anyway she wrote a book called “Hero” about 2 years ago and I remember liking that one too! So tomorrow only 2 years later she is releasing a companion novella to it called “Villian” that I heard is DELISH!!!
Gahhhh I just want to call in sick, stay home and read all day with all these squeeeeeworthy new releases!