<— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! IT. IS. LIVE!!!!! Marrow by Tarryn Fisher and tell me this blurb doesn’t make you go *oomph!!!* I know what I’m reeeeeeaaaadinnnnnnng.
In the Bone there is a house.
In the house there is a girl.
In the girl there is a darkness.
Margo is not like other girls. She lives in a derelict neighborhood called the Bone, in a cursed house, with her cursed mother, who hasn’t spoken to her in over two years. She lives her days feeling invisible. It’s not until she develops a friendship with her wheelchair-bound neighbor, Judah Grant, that things begin to change. When neighborhood girl, seven-year-old Neveah Anthony, goes missing, Judah sets out to help Margo uncover what happened to her.
What Margo finds changes her, and with a new perspective on life, she’s determined to find evil and punish it–targeting rapists and child molesters, one by one.
But hunting evil is dangerous, and Margo risks losing everything, including her own soul.
A bunch of new reader recommendations have just come our way, and I’ve featured some of the most exciting sounding ones! Like The Original Crowd by Tijan wants me. Or I want it. 😉 And Forever Red since both Paula and Jean LOVED it and are in book funks now… Oh! And LoveLines by S. Walden (OCD ALERT!!). I’m still reading her latest CRAZY-blurb release, “Interim” so my review is coming soon! Plus, I included a few new releases, pre-orders and super-bargain finds, below too!
Plus, if you missed it yesterday, check out my 5-star review of Kristin Hannah’s “The Nightingale”. This is my own personal recommendation for today.
And Sinead is looking for some reading goodies, too, so maybe we can add even MORE to this list!
Sinead: Can anyone recommend any good romantic comedy or mafia romance, thanks
Sinead Madden Thanks Melanie, I have read these books , great aren’t that
Sinead Madden I. Will defo read shark bait , thanks
Lauren: Bethany Kris’s The Russian Guns series is my favorite mafia. London Miller’s Volkov Bratva Book series is great too. I read & liked the Ruthless People series mentioned in the 1st comment but I kinda felt like it was too MUCH mafia action & too LITTLE romance. More plot driven than character driven. OMG…..how can I forget…Roxie Rivera’s Russian Protector series (Nikolai is my favorite). The 1st three books were bundled & FREE a few weeks ago….not sure if they still are.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
AND a reminder: for those accessing my blog via their mobile device (phone or tablet) you’ll notice the look of it has changed (for now, that’s the “mobile compatible” version and I’m hoping we can get it close to the usual “look” while still keeping it “mobile friendly”). On a desktop computer/laptop the look of the blog is the usual one.
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Meet Me In The Dark: (A Dark Suspense) by J.A. Huss <— JUST RELEASED DARK READ ALERT!! “Sydney has lived in fear for eight years after freelance assassin, Merc, failed to rescue her from a cult-like militia group. Left in the hands of a sadistic man, she did whatever it took to survive. But Merc’s last words gave her hope. Hope he’d be back to finish the job.”
- Marrow by Tarryn Fisher <—– LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! *happy dance!!!!*
- Little Doll (Bittersweet Duet Book 1) by Melissa Jane <— MAFIA/DARK READ ALERT!! Sinead!! Look at the one Stephanie just recommended. She says: “Maryse, I’m definitely recommending the Bittersweet Duet to you! I read the first two books! The third book is new. They held my attention! Warning: They were slightly dark, gritty, and violent! They contain some triggers! But Trust Me, they were our kind of books!!!”
- Broken Memphis (Little Memphis MC Book 2) by Bijou Hunter <— JUST RELEASED and is the final book in the series!!
- Little Memphis (Little Memphis MC Book 1) <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! and here is book #1 at a rock bottom price!! “Meeting Shay at the MC´s bar Suede, Ford sees her as a shiny new toy to spice up his life. Shay sees him as a sexy bastard she needs to avoid…“
- Men of Steel box set: Forever Steel, Jase, Jase and Carly, Cyrus, Zandor, Xavier and Forever Family by MJ Fields <— BUNDLED SERIES ALERT! Lauren recommended these to a fellow reader that needed a goooood looooonnnng read for her upcoming vacation. She says: “You need a good bundled series. Men of Steel Box Set by MJ Fields is a great one (I absolutely LOVE those alpha Steel brothers….these books are so hot & romantic…and it’s hilarious too)“
- Fearless Anthology – 12 Sizzling Stories by Kahlen Aymes, Chelle Bliss, Stacy Borel, Lexi Buchanan, Tillie Cole, Kaylea Cross, Jennifer Foor, KL Grayson, Missy Johnson, Harper Sloan, Nacole Stayton, Hillary Storm <— Lauren also recommends this one! “Or a good anthology….the Fearless Anthology came out recently. Lots of great books in that one…. Chelle Bliss’s Throttle Me & Tillie Cole’s Sweet Home, Lexi Buchanan’s Sizzle.“
- Today & Tomorrow (The Night Horde SoCal) by Susan Fanetti <— SUSAN FANETTI FANS ALERT!!!! BIKER BOOK!!! Look what else was just recently released that I totally missed!!!! And I already wanna cry…. “Analisa Winter meets Nolan when he volunteers to teach her to ride a Harley. Learning to ride is on Analisa’s bucket list, and that list is of paramount importance to her. She is dying, and she’s determined live her full life first. Nolan has no intention of falling in love with a dying girl. But Analisa is the kind of girl you can’t help falling in love with, even when you know that love is doomed.‘
- For Life: Moroad Motorcycle Club by Debra Kayn <— BIKER BOOK/PRISONER ALERT!! And while we’re on a biker new release kick… here’s another one! “Some people in Federal call Christina insane for loving a criminal, but Cam’s presence has always provided her with an inner strength she’s found nowhere else. Christina’s worries increase when Cam arrives home more hardened, more violent, and more determined to continue the life of crime that has dictated his life.“
- No Way Out (Hawks MC Club Book 4) by Lila Rose <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! One more for good measure. Lots of great reviews… her abusive biker husband dies and she’s finally free… and wants to escape the MC life. But the MC women want to keep her around, and of course, there’s Declan…
- Luca (i love the way you lie Book 1) by Gina Whitney <— Another recent release that I totally missed! He’s an arsonist? “He scared the hell out of me, made me feel. He opened my eyes to the world of twisted love. But love no less. This scary, beautiful man stole my heart from a young, tender age and refused to give it back.“
- The Original Crowd by Tijan <— LOOK GUYS!! IT’S TIJAN ALERT!! BIG fans of hers here, and I need to have a Tijan marathon cause I just know she’s awesome. Gemma recommend this one! “The Original Crowd by Tijan I’m absolutely loving this author” and it’s over 500 pages!!!! 😀
- Only Trick by Jewel E. Ann <— HE’S GAY BUT FALLS FOR HER ALERT!! Deja vu? Yep you saw this one as a new release only a few days ago, but it’s back on the list ’cause Clare LOVED it!! “Hi, can I recommend Only Trick by Jewel E. Ann? This book was on your New release list on Tuesday and the premise intrigued me. They meet, he’s intense she’s insanely attracted/annoyed and…. He’s gay! Wow, what a book, I have to say I’m knackered, I’m in the UK and been reading all day but Wow! I love it when a book just grabs you, I’ve been lucky – we’ve had the Deal, Multi and for me? This is right there with th greats x” YAY Clare! It sounds so unique and the reviews look great!
- Atom Heart John Beloved by Luke Hartwell <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! Carol recommends this one! “Just finished Atom Heart John Beloved and the follow up Nathan’s Story (M/M) by Luke Hartwell, loved them!” and that short but to the point blurb intrigues me… “The story is told by eighteen-year-old John, who quietly whispers to his best friend one night in bed, “Do me.”
- LoveLines by S. Walden <— OCD ALERT!!! Merissa recommends it! “I thought of S. Walden’s LoveLines where the woman has Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Loved that book!”
- Reluctant Concubine (Hardstorm Saga Book 1) by Dana Marton <— FANTASY LOVERS!!! MichelleS is enjoying this one… “Reluctant Concubine is turning out to be really good. There’s a warlord, and she is taken as a slave, and they have vastly different cultures, and there’s even a tiger!!! LOL. I guess I am trying to make it into Golden Dynasty. So it is, and it isn’t. KA has her own style. Like you’re at her house having a margarita and she’s telling you a cool story. This is a bit more serious than that. his writer is committed to world building and epic fantasy. I’m not done yet, but it’s good so far.“
- The Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee Smith <— And Michelle (not S) is loving this one! “Ok update on The Last Hour of Gann…it’s soooo long that I’m only 25% done but I’m so very hooked that I want to sneak read all day long! The main character, Amber, is awesome and the world is so cool…it’s just fascinating and I have no idea where the story will go but so far I love it!” Oh WOW! This one might be fun! “She entered her Sleeper with a five-year contract and the promise of a better life, but awakened in wreckage on an unknown world. For the survivors, there is no rescue, no way home and no hope until they are found by Meoraq—a holy warrior more deadly than any hungering beast on this hostile new world…but whose eyes show a different sort of hunger when he looks at her.”
- Forever Red by Carina Adams <— RECENT RELEASE BAD BOY COUNTRY ROCK STAR ALERT! “I just want to know that the boy I used to love is happy and that I didn’t break his heart in vain. That’s why I buy every magazine that even mentions his name; at least, that’s the story I tell myself. When my friends gave me a birthday present any fan would die for, I was suddenly face-to-face with the man I never thought I’d see again.” and Paula says: “Loved Forever Red!!” and Jean agrees: “Paula, I loved Forever Red too….kinda in a funk now after finishing it!”
- Bent Not Broken: A Cedar Creek Novel by Julia Goda <— JUST RELEASED ALERT/SINGLE FATHER!!
- Say Yes (A Sons of the People Novel) by Lucy Varna <— JUST RELEASED/SINGLE MOTHER/YOUNGER GUY ALERT!!! “He’s thoughtful and kind and one of the most handsome men she’s ever met. The problem is he’s also entirely too young for her, and so far above her in every way possible, her head spins.“
- Salvation and Secrets (Chastity Falls Book 2) by L.A. Cotton <— JUST RELEASED!! Tessa found us this one! And she says: “So far, so good.”
- Third Debt (Indebted Book 4) by Pepper Winters <— JUST RELEASED ALERT!!! Tessa is freaking out… hahahah!!! This Jet must be… er… something. 😉 “First, let me vent. jfdklsfjdl;kszjfldsjalkfdj Jet! Why am I reading Third Debt again? Argh, it’s debt time and argh!*takes a deep breath*“
- Fourth Debt (Indebted Book 5) by Pepper Winters <— PRE-ORDER ALERT!! August 11th 2015…
- The Love Series Complete Box Set by Melissa Collins <— PRE-ORDER ALERT + BUNDLED SERIES FOR SUPER BARGAIN PRICE!!
- After You: A Novel by JoJo Moyes <— PRE-ORDER ALERT!!! Sequel to one of my all time favorite books ever, Me Before You.
- Spring Fever <— 2nd CHANCE WITH HER EX-HUSBAND ALERT!! “She is so over Mason that she has absolutely no problem attending his wedding to the beautiful, intelligent, delightful Celia. But when fate intervenes and the wedding is called to a halt as the bride is literally walking down the aisle, Annajane begins to realize that maybe she’s been given a second chance.“
- For the Love of Raindrops by Beth Michele <— RECENT RELEASE… SOUNDS ANGSTY/SWEET “Sometimes the guy gets the girl, and they live happily ever after. I wanted to be that guy, you know? Especially since I can’t imagine ever loving anyone else. Right after I work up the courage to tell her, my world gets torn apart. My dream becomes my worst nightmare.“
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
Kristen Ashley posted this update on her latest audiobooks that were just released:
“I got an email from my agent with answers to a couple of the questions folks had about the Unfinished Series in audio.
Here you go:
1) Although KNIGHT and DEACON already have whispersync, CREED and RAID don’t. This is in the works…they’re in the queue. Doing that is a good deal of work and takes some time but Audible is on it! They’ve told me they’ll let me know when this is done and then I’ll let you know…”
Well… I just looked them all up, and it appears they are now all part of the Whispersync awesome pricing deal. YAY US!!!
Speaking of audiobooks: for those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! ——> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie). 😀
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah <— I read this book and LOVED IT like crazy (here’s my review), and Jessica is listening to the audiobook right now. “I’m listening to this on audible and it’s been incredible so far. I’m about half way through. I just really, really hope that i’m not a mess at the end.”
- Knight by Kristen Ashley
- Raid by Kristen Ashley
- Creed by Kristen Ashley
- Deacon by Kristen Ashley
- That Boy by Jillian Dodd <— Cheryl recommends this series!! “Maryse, a great audiobook is the That Boy series by Jillian Dodd. There are 2 books out now with book three in the spring. So, so funny and I think even more so listening to it!!”
- Me Before You: A Novel by Jojo Moyes <— Anna loves it! “I couldn’t possibly pick a favorite, but one of my favorites of the past couple years has been Me Before You by JoJo Moyes. I felt like the narrators helped me to completely immerse myself in the story and connect with the characters. Great book, great audiobook!”
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).