<— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! IT. IS. LIVE!!!!! Marrow by Tarryn Fisher and tell me this blurb doesn’t make you go *oomph!!!* I know what I’m reeeeeeaaaadinnnnnnng.
In the Bone there is a house.
In the house there is a girl.
In the girl there is a darkness.
Margo is not like other girls. She lives in a derelict neighborhood called the Bone, in a cursed house, with her cursed mother, who hasn’t spoken to her in over two years. She lives her days feeling invisible. It’s not until she develops a friendship with her wheelchair-bound neighbor, Judah Grant, that things begin to change. When neighborhood girl, seven-year-old Neveah Anthony, goes missing, Judah sets out to help Margo uncover what happened to her.
What Margo finds changes her, and with a new perspective on life, she’s determined to find evil and punish it–targeting rapists and child molesters, one by one.
But hunting evil is dangerous, and Margo risks losing everything, including her own soul.
A bunch of new reader recommendations have just come our way, and I’ve featured some of the most exciting sounding ones! Like The Original Crowd by Tijan wants me. Or I want it. 😉 And Forever Red since both Paula and Jean LOVED it and are in book funks now… Oh! And LoveLines by S. Walden (OCD ALERT!!). I’m still reading her latest CRAZY-blurb release, “Interim” so my review is coming soon! Plus, I included a few new releases, pre-orders and super-bargain finds, below too!
Plus, if you missed it yesterday, check out my 5-star review of Kristin Hannah’s “The Nightingale”. This is my own personal recommendation for today.
And Sinead is looking for some reading goodies, too, so maybe we can add even MORE to this list!
Sinead: Can anyone recommend any good romantic comedy or mafia romance, thanks
Melanie: For mafia: Ruthless People Series. And for rom com, not sure if this is exactly what you’re looking for, but I love the Grab Your Pole Series and will probably read it again soon
Sinead Madden Thanks Melanie, I have read these books , great aren’t that
Sinead Madden I. Will defo read shark bait , thanks
Lauren: Bethany Kris’s The Russian Guns series is my favorite mafia. London Miller’s Volkov Bratva Book series is great too. I read & liked the Ruthless People series mentioned in the 1st comment but I kinda felt like it was too MUCH mafia action & too LITTLE romance. More plot driven than character driven. OMG…..how can I forget…Roxie Rivera’s Russian Protector series (Nikolai is my favorite). The 1st three books were bundled & FREE a few weeks ago….not sure if they still are.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
AND a reminder: for those accessing my blog via their mobile device (phone or tablet) you’ll notice the look of it has changed (for now, that’s the “mobile compatible” version and I’m hoping we can get it close to the usual “look” while still keeping it “mobile friendly”). On a desktop computer/laptop the look of the blog is the usual one.
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Meet Me In The Dark: (A Dark Suspense) by J.A. Huss <— JUST RELEASED DARK READ ALERT!! “Sydney has lived in fear for eight years after freelance assassin, Merc, failed to rescue her from a cult-like militia group. Left in the hands of a sadistic man, she did whatever it took to survive. But Merc’s last words gave her hope. Hope he’d be back to finish the job.”
- Marrow by Tarryn Fisher <—– LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! *happy dance!!!!*
- Little Doll (Bittersweet Duet Book 1) by Melissa Jane <— MAFIA/DARK READ ALERT!! Sinead!! Look at the one Stephanie just recommended. She says: “Maryse, I’m definitely recommending the Bittersweet Duet to you! I read the first two books! The third book is new. They held my attention! Warning: They were slightly dark, gritty, and violent! They contain some triggers! But Trust Me, they were our kind of books!!!”
- Broken Memphis (Little Memphis MC Book 2) by Bijou Hunter <— JUST RELEASED and is the final book in the series!!
- Little Memphis (Little Memphis MC Book 1) <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! and here is book #1 at a rock bottom price!! “Meeting Shay at the MC´s bar Suede, Ford sees her as a shiny new toy to spice up his life. Shay sees him as a sexy bastard she needs to avoid…“
- Men of Steel box set: Forever Steel, Jase, Jase and Carly, Cyrus, Zandor, Xavier and Forever Family by MJ Fields <— BUNDLED SERIES ALERT! Lauren recommended these to a fellow reader that needed a goooood looooonnnng read for her upcoming vacation. She says: “You need a good bundled series. Men of Steel Box Set by MJ Fields is a great one (I absolutely LOVE those alpha Steel brothers….these books are so hot & romantic…and it’s hilarious too)“
- Fearless Anthology – 12 Sizzling Stories by Kahlen Aymes, Chelle Bliss, Stacy Borel, Lexi Buchanan, Tillie Cole, Kaylea Cross, Jennifer Foor, KL Grayson, Missy Johnson, Harper Sloan, Nacole Stayton, Hillary Storm <— Lauren also recommends this one! “Or a good anthology….the Fearless Anthology came out recently. Lots of great books in that one…. Chelle Bliss’s Throttle Me & Tillie Cole’s Sweet Home, Lexi Buchanan’s Sizzle.“
- Today & Tomorrow (The Night Horde SoCal) by Susan Fanetti <— SUSAN FANETTI FANS ALERT!!!! BIKER BOOK!!! Look what else was just recently released that I totally missed!!!! And I already wanna cry…. “Analisa Winter meets Nolan when he volunteers to teach her to ride a Harley. Learning to ride is on Analisa’s bucket list, and that list is of paramount importance to her. She is dying, and she’s determined live her full life first. Nolan has no intention of falling in love with a dying girl. But Analisa is the kind of girl you can’t help falling in love with, even when you know that love is doomed.‘
- For Life: Moroad Motorcycle Club by Debra Kayn <— BIKER BOOK/PRISONER ALERT!! And while we’re on a biker new release kick… here’s another one! “Some people in Federal call Christina insane for loving a criminal, but Cam’s presence has always provided her with an inner strength she’s found nowhere else. Christina’s worries increase when Cam arrives home more hardened, more violent, and more determined to continue the life of crime that has dictated his life.“
- No Way Out (Hawks MC Club Book 4) by Lila Rose <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! One more for good measure. Lots of great reviews… her abusive biker husband dies and she’s finally free… and wants to escape the MC life. But the MC women want to keep her around, and of course, there’s Declan…
- Luca (i love the way you lie Book 1) by Gina Whitney <— Another recent release that I totally missed! He’s an arsonist? “He scared the hell out of me, made me feel. He opened my eyes to the world of twisted love. But love no less. This scary, beautiful man stole my heart from a young, tender age and refused to give it back.“
- The Original Crowd by Tijan <— LOOK GUYS!! IT’S TIJAN ALERT!! BIG fans of hers here, and I need to have a Tijan marathon cause I just know she’s awesome. Gemma recommend this one! “The Original Crowd by Tijan I’m absolutely loving this author” and it’s over 500 pages!!!! 😀
- Only Trick by Jewel E. Ann <— HE’S GAY BUT FALLS FOR HER ALERT!! Deja vu? Yep you saw this one as a new release only a few days ago, but it’s back on the list ’cause Clare LOVED it!! “Hi, can I recommend Only Trick by Jewel E. Ann? This book was on your New release list on Tuesday and the premise intrigued me. They meet, he’s intense she’s insanely attracted/annoyed and…. He’s gay! Wow, what a book, I have to say I’m knackered, I’m in the UK and been reading all day but Wow! I love it when a book just grabs you, I’ve been lucky – we’ve had the Deal, Multi and for me? This is right there with th greats x” YAY Clare! It sounds so unique and the reviews look great!
- Atom Heart John Beloved by Luke Hartwell <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! Carol recommends this one! “Just finished Atom Heart John Beloved and the follow up Nathan’s Story (M/M) by Luke Hartwell, loved them!” and that short but to the point blurb intrigues me… “The story is told by eighteen-year-old John, who quietly whispers to his best friend one night in bed, “Do me.”
- LoveLines by S. Walden <— OCD ALERT!!! Merissa recommends it! “I thought of S. Walden’s LoveLines where the woman has Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Loved that book!”
- Reluctant Concubine (Hardstorm Saga Book 1) by Dana Marton <— FANTASY LOVERS!!! MichelleS is enjoying this one… “Reluctant Concubine is turning out to be really good. There’s a warlord, and she is taken as a slave, and they have vastly different cultures, and there’s even a tiger!!! LOL. I guess I am trying to make it into Golden Dynasty. So it is, and it isn’t. KA has her own style. Like you’re at her house having a margarita and she’s telling you a cool story. This is a bit more serious than that. his writer is committed to world building and epic fantasy. I’m not done yet, but it’s good so far.“
- The Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee Smith <— And Michelle (not S) is loving this one! “Ok update on The Last Hour of Gann…it’s soooo long that I’m only 25% done but I’m so very hooked that I want to sneak read all day long! The main character, Amber, is awesome and the world is so cool…it’s just fascinating and I have no idea where the story will go but so far I love it!” Oh WOW! This one might be fun! “She entered her Sleeper with a five-year contract and the promise of a better life, but awakened in wreckage on an unknown world. For the survivors, there is no rescue, no way home and no hope until they are found by Meoraq—a holy warrior more deadly than any hungering beast on this hostile new world…but whose eyes show a different sort of hunger when he looks at her.”
- Forever Red by Carina Adams <— RECENT RELEASE BAD BOY COUNTRY ROCK STAR ALERT! “I just want to know that the boy I used to love is happy and that I didn’t break his heart in vain. That’s why I buy every magazine that even mentions his name; at least, that’s the story I tell myself. When my friends gave me a birthday present any fan would die for, I was suddenly face-to-face with the man I never thought I’d see again.” and Paula says: “Loved Forever Red!!” and Jean agrees: “Paula, I loved Forever Red too….kinda in a funk now after finishing it!”
- Bent Not Broken: A Cedar Creek Novel by Julia Goda <— JUST RELEASED ALERT/SINGLE FATHER!!
- Say Yes (A Sons of the People Novel) by Lucy Varna <— JUST RELEASED/SINGLE MOTHER/YOUNGER GUY ALERT!!! “He’s thoughtful and kind and one of the most handsome men she’s ever met. The problem is he’s also entirely too young for her, and so far above her in every way possible, her head spins.“
- Salvation and Secrets (Chastity Falls Book 2) by L.A. Cotton <— JUST RELEASED!! Tessa found us this one! And she says: “So far, so good.”
- Third Debt (Indebted Book 4) by Pepper Winters <— JUST RELEASED ALERT!!! Tessa is freaking out… hahahah!!! This Jet must be… er… something. 😉 “First, let me vent. jfdklsfjdl;kszjfldsjalkfdj Jet! Why am I reading Third Debt again? Argh, it’s debt time and argh!*takes a deep breath*“
- Fourth Debt (Indebted Book 5) by Pepper Winters <— PRE-ORDER ALERT!! August 11th 2015…
- The Love Series Complete Box Set by Melissa Collins <— PRE-ORDER ALERT + BUNDLED SERIES FOR SUPER BARGAIN PRICE!!
- After You: A Novel by JoJo Moyes <— PRE-ORDER ALERT!!! Sequel to one of my all time favorite books ever, Me Before You.
- Spring Fever <— 2nd CHANCE WITH HER EX-HUSBAND ALERT!! “She is so over Mason that she has absolutely no problem attending his wedding to the beautiful, intelligent, delightful Celia. But when fate intervenes and the wedding is called to a halt as the bride is literally walking down the aisle, Annajane begins to realize that maybe she’s been given a second chance.“
- For the Love of Raindrops by Beth Michele <— RECENT RELEASE… SOUNDS ANGSTY/SWEET “Sometimes the guy gets the girl, and they live happily ever after. I wanted to be that guy, you know? Especially since I can’t imagine ever loving anyone else. Right after I work up the courage to tell her, my world gets torn apart. My dream becomes my worst nightmare.“
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
Kristen Ashley posted this update on her latest audiobooks that were just released:
“I got an email from my agent with answers to a couple of the questions folks had about the Unfinished Series in audio.
Here you go:
1) Although KNIGHT and DEACON already have whispersync, CREED and RAID don’t. This is in the works…they’re in the queue. Doing that is a good deal of work and takes some time but Audible is on it! They’ve told me they’ll let me know when this is done and then I’ll let you know…”
Well… I just looked them all up, and it appears they are now all part of the Whispersync awesome pricing deal. YAY US!!!
Speaking of audiobooks: for those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! ——> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie). 😀
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah <— I read this book and LOVED IT like crazy (here’s my review), and Jessica is listening to the audiobook right now. “I’m listening to this on audible and it’s been incredible so far. I’m about half way through. I just really, really hope that i’m not a mess at the end.”
- Knight by Kristen Ashley
- Raid by Kristen Ashley
- Creed by Kristen Ashley
- Deacon by Kristen Ashley
- That Boy by Jillian Dodd <— Cheryl recommends this series!! “Maryse, a great audiobook is the That Boy series by Jillian Dodd. There are 2 books out now with book three in the spring. So, so funny and I think even more so listening to it!!”
- Me Before You: A Novel by Jojo Moyes <— Anna loves it! “I couldn’t possibly pick a favorite, but one of my favorites of the past couple years has been Me Before You by JoJo Moyes. I felt like the narrators helped me to completely immerse myself in the story and connect with the characters. Great book, great audiobook!”
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Yes! Jet pissed me off, and ugh, that ending and a CH… Argh! The ending just… Just… *shakes fist*
Oh, *hands Amy a cleaned up manatee* Thank you. He’s snuffle free. I may have I used him to muffle my screams more than anything.
Maryse I must confess. I’ve only read the edited, cleaned up version of Original Crowd, called A Whole New Crowd. Good, but I fell for someone other than the hero. *grins* Also, soon, Carter Reed 2. Eventually I’ll read Original Crowd, but it’s not high on my list.
Oh and Salvation and Secrets by LA Cotton came out today. So far, so good.
Great list. I can’t wait for After You. One clicked Reluctant Concubine and Knight…. Yay!!
Loved Forever Red!! Just downloaded another load…TBR list is increasing rather than going down. I have read the first two indebted books by Pepper Winters and have the other two, I am thinking of waiting until they are all out and reading them one after the other – any thoughts by people that have read them?
OK-I am in a complete book funk right now–trying to read Manwhore, but can’t seem to get into it. I want a good Alpha Male book and I want one now! Any recommendations? I have already read all of Kristen Ashley’s books!
Mindi I read that one too. While I enjoyed it, it was not at all what the title led me to believe it was. So I totally understand what your looking for. Unfortunaely, I don’t have any new ones to recommend. I guess I will also jump on whatever recs you receive. But, they’re going to have to be a really strong, bad-boy, dominant alpha-type. Preferably with a feisty heroine. Are authors not writing as many of these anymore? They are not as easy to find as they used to be. I don’t want an emo H. lol
I hear ya–that is exactly what I want and can’t find right now!
I’d seen all the comments here about The Last Hour of Gann but didn’t really realize what it was about……looks really good!!!
Paula, I loved Forever Red too….kinda in a funk now after finishing it!
Paula, on waiting for all of the books to come out, it depends. If you hate CH, then definitely. Third Debt had such a CH, that my brain went into shock, melt down mode. If I had Fourth, I’d have read it right away. I ho early can’t wait patiently for the books, but I can understand hating the CH issue, especially with Fourth not coming out until August. Also, I get antsy after reading a story for too long. Third Debt went over 6000 location (which is like 400ish pages I think?). I’d go nuts.
Shane, I one clicked Reluctant Concubine too. It looks fun. I got the sample of Gann. Both Michelle’s are pretty good at finding random good fantasy stuff.
Anyone read both Original Crowd and Whole New Crowd? I’m curious about opinions, differences between the two.
I finished up Interim last night, and it was, well, not what I was expecting. If I start listing all the things that irked me then it will sound like I didn’t like the book, but I *did* like it…I just was hoping for a similar kind of *gasp* factor that Going Under had and for ME this one didn’t have it. GAH! I’ve been complaining a lot lately about what I’m reading, huh?
I have absolutely no idea what I’m reading this weekend. NO idea. Actually, ya know what? I’m starting On the Island. Yep, there it is…I’m reading it finally. Don’t worry Jean, our deal is still on and I’ll save Surviving Raine for when you read SGT. 😉 Woo-hoo!!!! Island-themed cocktails for me tonight!!!
Whooooooo hooooo AMY!!! You will LOVE it!
YES Island themed cocktails for sure. I want some coconut in mine.
I’d say, for me, the girl in Interim sounds so young. And I know she’s what? 15? 16? But I dunno… feels like a young teen… I dunno. I’m still in the 1st half…
Alright Amy, you are going to loveeee it!!! We want to hear what you think as you are reading it.
When I began following this blog, I had three books on my TBR, today I have 70. I just want to tell you guys, “congratulations” for officially making me a book hog.
Wait Amy’s going to read OTI? I think I just fell off my chair! Haha! Sorry to hear Interim didn’t do it for ya!
Shane, welcome to a whole group of book hogs!! 70 on your TBR? You are just getting started!!
Shane: ” “congratulations” for officially making me a book hog”
Fabi: *pats self on back for a job well-done*
*gasp* Maryse, how about chocolate-coconut martinis?!?! YUMMY!! Yeah, she is actually a senior in Interim but she definitely has an immature vibe to her. I was just hoping for more suspense or maybe for him to be a little more unstable and unpredictable, ya know?
Shane…that’s the norm around here, so congratulations to YOU for becoming a book hoarder with us! 😀
Blahahaha! You are on a roll this afternoon Fabi!
*laughing at Jean while she’s on the floor* 😛
Fabi, what you drinking over there?? Share please….
Someone hand Shane a choco-coconut martini!!!
And watch me… I’ll swipe it right from you while you’re not looking, Shane. 😉 Or at least take a sip while you’re reading. LOL!!!
Book hoarder…. Yes, that sounds better than book hog!
I wanna martini (hold the coconut please)!!!!
Yum, that sounds like the perfect way to end this Friday and welcome the weekend. We are finally getting some nice warm weather in NYC….
Yay!! Party at Maryse’s!!!
Choco-coconut martini for Shane and choco-NO-coconut martini for Jean.
*hands two choco-coconut martinis to Maryse*
Pssst, Jean and Shane…if we keep her hands full she won’t snatch ours! 😉
*famous air dive to again snatch loot*
***mmm delish**** Thanks Amy
Oh, Shane, I’m drinking a couple of Choco-coconut martinis. *grin*
Only Trick sounds….interesting. I don’t know….I’m with Seinfeld on this one. Conversion? Can’t be done.
Where’d my martinis go??
*sideeyes Fabi* …. 😕
Lol u guys! I really wish we could all get together in person and have drinks and talk about all our books!
Tessa…….yes I’ve read both The original Crowd and The whole new crowd…….I thought the original Crowd was way better…….it had a lot more drama and some fun scenes she left out of The whole new crowd……it just seemed like she wanted to cut the length and left out a lot w the whole new crowd…..but Tijans books are so good I don’t mind the length…..and I’m one of those readers that gets bored real easily……but never with Tijan;)
Sorry Maryse, I swiped your martinis, I just couldn’t resist.
Jean, as long as it’s in NY and there is alcohol, count me in….
A great mafia romance that spands time is The Blood Ties That Bind series by April Ezell! She just finished the first generation and is now starting the second generation. The mafia runs deep in this family. Best mafia saga ever!
Oh crap…now we have Fabi snatching ’em!! *quickly makes more martinis*
Deborah! *fist bump* Love Tijan. 😀
*giggle* We would have so much fun…books, manis and martinis!! And the stuffed manatee, of course. *snuggles and sniffs Manny* He smells goooood, Tessa. 😉
And Shane, Amy!!!!
Mix up a HUGE batch….
I’m in desperate need to read something with a bit of humour!!! Just finished the second ‘Life of Anna’ book and woah those books are dark. Think I’m going to take a little break until I can pull my big girl socks up (totally stole that from Kulti) and continue.
Something like Seduction and Snacks or the Keller series… both made me laugh out loud a lot.
Pigs are flying! Fat ladies are singing! Amy is reading On The Island. I cannot WAIT to hear her review. I may just have some tropical concoction to celebrate. Coconut rum tastes good in everything (even Dr. Pepper – that was an act of desperation).
I, too, am in the mood for a hard-a$$ alpha male with a feisty heroine. That better not go out of style because that’s my favorite. I want someone like King (King Trilogy, Mimi Pampfiloff)…. but not paranormal…. maybe more like Deuce (Undeniable, Madeline Sheehan)… or Derek (Captain of all Pleasures, Kresley Cole)…. yea…. a guy like THAT!!! Suggestions?
LaurenB I had to take a break after that one too. I think MichelleS did also. I have never read anything that dark before. Not even The Tied Man.
I finished Reluctant Concubine. It reminded me a lot of Radiance, by Grace Draven. Similar writing style. I heard book two, the follow up, was even better. Darker, more turmoil. A really good start to a fantasy series for fans of that kind of thing. But it is a START to a series. Not a stand alone. It’s not “fun” like KA’s fantasy series…. it’s definitely more serious…. I shouldn’t have thrown out the Golden Dynasty comparison. I think I wanted it to be… maybe Bev’s “Warprize” is more like that? I might check it out.
Agreed, Fabi…. darkest read ever for me too. It just has so much depravity, indecency, debauchery…. it’s just plain naughty and wicked. Think Maryse will ever dare open the pages???
LaurenB – have you read “Checked” by J. Jamelli? I laughed. I cried. It was really good.
Wait a sec… *scrolls back up* Shane IS snatching ’em up as well!! Yep, we’re gonna have to make a liquor run here soon…
LOL MichelleS!! Here ya go…we’re having choco-coconut martinis! *hands martini to MichelleS*
“Michelle (not S)” <——– I had to laugh at that one up there. 😉
Here LaurenB… *sling shots CLEAN big-girl panties* Pull those up!!! 😛
M’kay, supper and then staring OTI. *giddy shiver*
Alright Deborah, you convinced me on Original Crowd. *grins* The sad thing is, it does have an alpha male and a kick-erm- kicking heroine. I just like the brother more than the hero. The brother seriously needs his own story.
You know, I’ve read tons of books with those types of H/h and I’m drawing a blank with recent books like that where they aren’t in college or high school. I’ve got to think about this one.
Why coconut? You all ruin perfectly good rum with coconut. Geesh. 😛
Rum tastes like rubbing alcohol to me without the coconut. I only like flavored vodkas too. I am a lightweight total chick when it comes to drinks. I can’t even fake it. Tried brandy and cognac and scotch and whiskey… ick…
Might take more than one pair of knickers to get me through the rest of the series Amy so keep em coming.
It’s the darkest I’ve ever read as well. Was shocked by the other part of the story which I wasnt expecting when I started (don’t want to say too much in case of spoilers but I mean about her and what her dad is?)
No I haven’t Michelle’S…but just checked and I seem to already have it on my kindle so hurray for me 🙂
Bleh on the coconut *swipes a choco-no coconut martini!! 😉
Read the sample for Spring Fever and got sucked into it and THEN went to one-click it–$9.99!!! Luckily my library has it. Only problem is I need to finish Girl On The Train first, which is “severely overdue” according to my library notice I got today!! Guess I know what I’m reading this weekend. 🙂
Yeah! Cheryl agrees! No coconut. Yucky coconut!
MichelleS, I love brandy, scotch, whiskey… *grins* I can’t do shots, but the flavor is pure yummy to me. Vodka… it just enhances other things, though the whip cream one I can drink on my own. Besides we are making chocolate martinis. Maybe chocolate banana for the tropical aspect?
https://cocktails.about.com/od/vodkadrinkrecipes/r/Banana-Split-Martini.htm I need to get creme de cacao. *grins*
Are we talking about the Life of Anna… ’cause I dare not. LOL!!!
Or… do I? 😉
LOL Amy!!! I had to make a distinction between the Michelles… *snort*
Mmmm Tessa that sounds heavenly.
I LOVE coconut, but my love for pineapple is limited…
That drink sounds yummy but it needs COCONUT!!!!! 😛
I’m 15% into OTI. Please hold all I-told-you-so’s until the end. Thank you.
Life of Anna = nope octopus.
ROFL Same here. Too many triggers in the first one for me to continue Life of Anna.
OMG I KNOW WHAT I’m READING TONIGHT!!
Look what just went live —> Tarryn Fisher’s “Marrow” (I added it above… and you can’t miss it). MINE!!!
I’m on book two and I can’t see how it can get any worse but I hear it does. *gulp* Very hard to read at points (actually most points) but now I’ve started, I kinda need to know what happens to her. If this doesn’t have a HEA I honestly don’t know what I’m going to do with myself. This girl seriously needs some light at the end of her tunnel.
*sends silent prays to the reading gods*
I’ve been reading Marrow for about half an hour now and oh my godddd, I can already tell: a) that Tarryn has done it again and b) this is a 5 star (and probably fave book of 2015).
NO NO NO!!!!! I finally start On the Island and then MARROW COMES OUT!! I’ve been waiting for that one. *drops face on pillow*
Dammit. I’m squirreling.
I fainted,… and then I squeed myself to the point that I’m hearing ringing in my ears…
You guys are funny.
MichelleS, if you read Warprize let me know what you think. Should take the plunge, but get spoiled with these indie prices.
Amy. Amy. Amy. *sigh*
Did y’all see this before??
I’m not even trying to figure that one out until I finish Marrow…
oooooh it’s a series!!!!
Aw, come on Bev! How could I NOT read it?? If I don’t read Marrow then I will keep thinking about it while reading OTI and then I won’t get the full experience of it and then you guys will be upset with me and I don’t want you guys to be upset with me!!! Okay?!?
My mind needs to get laid and Marrow is gonna take care of that!!! 😀 In 3…2…1…GO!!!!
Chasing the dragon, Amy. Except it’s called Angst, lol.
Hmm, so are you reading a CH then?
Come back and explain what a daughter of rain & snow means. Sounds like something that should be in a fantasy.
A smores frap at Starbucks later this month. Um, hellooooo.
LaurenB….have you read the Grab your pole series????? That’s my go too lol books….and the 2nd and 3rd books are even better than the first:)
I read Only Trick by Jewel E. Ann the other day – I couldn’t put it down. I liked the first half better than the second – the sexual tension was off the charts, and it’s difficult to maintain that, of course, once a couple’s ‘together’, but really, you have to read this one! 🙂
I absolutely loved the Grab Your Pole series! <3
Just an FYI if anyone has been reading the Chastity Falls series by LA Cotton… Salvation and Secrets ends on a CH. ARGH! (/ends rant)
MARROW, whaaat?! I’m confused, is this a continuation of Mud Vein? How?? :0
Maryse, “it’s a series?” Dear God if it is anything like Mud Vein; you know with Tarryn Fisher it’s going to be fu@%ked up story!!! Ugh!! I see drinking in the near future for me today. Please just let me know if it ends in a cliffhanger!
Alright, just a quick explanation for above rant. I was expecting the second book to be the end, not for it to be a trilogy. It was still good, but I was psyching myself for a major ugly cry. If it was the last book, it would have been the only way it could end. Even if both H and h lived, ugly cry! Instead twist and no cry. :-\ Just… Argh.
I’m on it Cheryl… And so far sooooo good.
Supposedly the books eventually “tie in” together… I can’t wait to see how.
Cheryl, so far it’s typical Tarryn Fisher…which is a *great* thing. 😉 Whether the “invisible thread” is that the stories are interwoven or just that they have a common theme and have “easter eggs” (like the Zippo) thrown in, I’m fine with it either way.
Maryse, you did notice the Zippo, right? No overthinking allowed for me though with this one…just enjoying it for what it is right now! *happy dance*
Okay…because I’m paranoid about spoilers, I just wanted to add that the Zippo comment is not (I don’t believe, at least) spoilery. It’s just something I noticed, which is why I said it may just be an “easter egg.”
Oh good lord…. *shakes head* Maryse, could you edit my comments if I’m making it worse? 😕
Amy – a book came along and just derailed all hope of you getting on that dam# island! argh….. I don’t think it was meant to be.
I am clueless for this weekend. I started two books last night. Neither one grabbed me. One was Indebted Book 1, since it was free and people are excited about #4…. and it had some SOB who “owns” a girl, literally, her family has to give her to him…. sounds good to me. Right now I am just confused. Maybe I need to keep going? I don’t get it yet…..
Ok – I know I am probably just a little “late” (LOL) to the party regarding the question I am going to ask everyone: is the Argeneau series by Linsay Sands worth the price considering how many books there now are?? I got in a book rut and stumbled upon the Night Huntress series by Jeaneine Frost and loved them! I then got a recommendation for Argeneau but saw each book is around $7, which I typically don’t mind spending on standalones, but 20 books in a series is a definite investment
Just saw The Mistake by Elle Kennedy comes out on the 28th.
If you liked The Deal you may want the try The Hookup. They had a similar vibes. The next in that series I’m looking forward to, also.
Right now in the middle of The Understatement of the Year and it is really good.
Deadly Obsession by Victoria Paige just came out this week. It’s on sale for 99 cents until next week.
Meet me in the Dark was good. I’m also looking forward for the Indebted series to be complete.
Tessa, when done with this one thinking of starting Jacked. MichelleS was raving about it recently.
I *am* going to finish OTI, MichelleS!! I was there and enjoying it, but then a lifeboat named Marrow came by and promised me a mindfu– er, mindscrew so I had to leave for a bit. I was at 20% of OTI (had all kinds of reading time yesterday…yay!!) and I WILL be going back to it. 😉
Ashley, no such thing as being late to the party here ’cause it’s always a party here, no matter what everyone is reading!! 😀
Perfect! I just finished Pretty Pink Ribbons! Jumping into Marrow! Love Tarryn Fisher! I wouldn’t have known it was out without you!
Amy, I don’t blame you one bit for squirreling! Tarryn Fisher is worth it!
Ashley, the Argeneau books are really good. They are all standalones. You can buy and read one without any cliffhangers. Each book features a different character, and they are full of humor.
Bev, Jacked sounds good. I keep eyeing it. Well that and the Deal. I still haven’t read that yet. I really need to since it sounds like my type. *grins* They both do!
I just finished reading the KING TRILOGY, to me it was one of the best stories I have ever read. It started out kind of slow in book one but once the story got going I could not put it down.. Too many times I was still up at 3 in the morning. I had to write the author Mimi Jean Pamfiloff to tell her how thoroughly I enjoyed her creative imagination. Her writing is something else. If any of you read it , I would love to hear what you thought…
*lifts head from voyager* martinis? Coconut? *blink* do they have those in 1768 *blink* ok I think I need to put this book down I still have 24 chapters to go and I’m only on the 3rd book I may go crazy by the end it may take a year to read them all *blink* ok yes martini
Amy Roberto – I read the King Trilogy and loved it. Had no clue where it was going at first but turned out to be a great story. He’s a fabulous character – I put him up there with Barrons!
Amy roberto, glad to hear that about the King trilogy… Been wanting to read that!
Tessa i want too read Jacked too asap!
HA Michelle (not S) here with your update on The Last Hour of Gann. I’m at 60% now and that’s with me sneak reading like mad and basically having my kindle attached to me! I’m reading on Overdrive which is not showing a total page number but this book…no saga…on kindle ends at a little over location 23000 I believe so it’s again crazy long! So far, I’m still completely enthralled by the world and the slowly building relationship between Amber and Meoraq, who is a lizard type man – it sounds weird I know but their growth and connection is very believable. Amber and a bunch of humans are stranded on this unknown planet in an unknown time. The leader of their party, Scott, is such a HUGE douchebag…actually most of the humans are except Amber…even her sister is horrible so there is tension galore between the group and Amber and then Meoraq. Amber is the only one trying to survive – the rest sit around and wait for her and Meoraq to hunt for them and call Amber fat and Meoraq basically is a pet to them – ughh they are so mean and in denial! She embarks with Meoraq and her group on a sort of pilgrimage while trying to survive in the wild of an unfamiliar landscape. Besides having a PNR, scifi, and fantasy feel, this one also has a dytopian/post-apocalyptic aspect. There are ruins on the planet of a more technologically advanced time but Meoraq says their God struck this civilization down and his society now has a strict code of conduct but no insight on what really happened has been revealed yet. I could ramble on more but I NEED to get back to reading asap haha. If the story does not lose footing, it’s going to be 5 stars for me so I’m hoping it does not do something too crazy to start wrapping things up!
Whoa I wrote a lot – you can tell I’m excited by the book!
Hahaha that must be good Michelle.
Amy Roberto, loved the King trilogy as well. MichelleS and I went on a reading spree with that one. *grins* It was too good.
Laura, of course they had coconut rum in 1768! They took the rum and poured it into coconut milk! 😛
Bev I read Understatement of the Year and really enjoyed it. I then devoured most of the others in the series
Awww Michelle, I go crazy over books like that. Moving it up on my tbr list. I’m almost done with Under by Treaty. I am happily surprised by good it is. Yes, there are cringe worthy moments when I’m holding my reader away from me and scrunching my eyes half closed, but they are an integral part of the story. There is a reason to them. They are not just there to shock the reader. It’s a real sci-fi romance with an h that doesn’t look wholly human. That’s unusual in this genre. She’s also a bit reptilian like your character in TLHoG. Lol looks like you got me back into this sci-fi kick, although admittedly, it doesn’t take much to get me back into it.
Michelle, I could not even focus on your comment…. Four sanbuckas into the night…oh boy!!
I found 3 new (to me) authors who write exclusively sci-fi/ romance. I feel a bender coming on.
Haha Jean sambuca is not my favorite but enjoy!
Fabi, I’m totally hooked on scifi right now. Hmm I was going to read the second The League book but now Reluctant Concubine and your read sound good! I also have a couple other scifi in my tbr that I could go with…or yes Marrow is tempting.
Oooo share Fabi who ya found! When I go through the ones next on my tbr I can post too since they may be new for some.
I LOVE sambuca!! Black licorice anything is my favorite. Fennel cooooooookies…. YUM!
Ashley I LOVED many of ’em (Argeneau series) not as many of the later ones, but I was HOOOOOOOKED on the first I dunno… 8 of ’em?
LOL! I have a ton of review of ’em in the review sections.
Hope that helps!
Michelle, the books I just bought are by Travis Luedke (more PNR than sci fi), Kayla Stoner who I just read as well as bought the next in series, and Eve Langlais. The best part is that they all have entire series to follow, so assuming their writing is, or continues to be, good, I think I’m set for a while. lol. But I’m really wanting to read the one you’re reading right now too. I have a loan I have to read first, but afterwards, I may dive in to that epic you’re reading.
Wohoo we have a doozy of a storm moving through. I love storms. In another life I would be a storm chaser.
I sleep like a baby during mild storms and rain…
Although big storms in FL are creepy…
Amy… why am I not remembering the Zippo reference? It’s right on the edge of my memory…
I hear ya Maryse. I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for a while and later in Houston for many years, so yeah, storms can get out of control scary. But watching a good thunderstorm from the safety of my house? Love it. And there’s nothing like napping on a rainy day. hahaha Can y’all tell I’m between books? But not for long…
Oh, just heard that Jonathan Crombie passed away. He played Gilbert Blythe in the adaptations of Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea. As a young girl I had the hugest crush on his Gilbert. I’d still love to find a Gilbert. May be time to pull out the tapes, yes tapes, for the one millionth viewing.
This is a very short sweet piece that I think captures well the feeling some of the fans of that show felt.
Fabi…lucky!!! I love storms. The thunderstorms in NC were always my favorite, especially when the thunder would shake the house.
Omg black licorice…freaking yum. I LOVE those thick, smooth ropes of black licorice. Oh, and Good & Plenty candy! 😀
Maryse, let’s see if I can keep from being spoilery here…pink Zippo was a sort of trigger for her in Mud Vein and there were pink Zippos at that house, remember?
I love Tarryn Fisher’s writing style. LOVE it. She can make things dark and dismal without being depressing. I’m staying up tonight as late as I need to so I can finish Marrow ’cause I’m loving this book!
Oh, and just so y’all know…I’m already missing Anna and T.J. and being OTI with them. 😉 Going right back there when I finish Marrow.
Adore black licorice. Though the candy kind here in the states. I want to say I tried a piece from Europe and it was different?
Storms and black licorice and favorite books and you ladies rock! Feel like I found my long lost sisters. lol
Bev, candy and drinks and food in general taste different in different countries….or is that in different continents? Not sure, but I know that a coke is not the same in North America as it is in South America or in Europe. Same with candy and cigarettes and various other tastes.
I was wondering about the Pink Zippo too. Although still don’t quite remember that detail.
I’m finishing Spring Fever. I’ve really enjoyed it, even more so since I got it at the library. Then I’ll be in a better mindset to read the mindf**kery that is Marrow.
The storm knocked my fence over and the news crew was across the street at the neighbors house…..trampolines were everywhere…..70 mile winds….we thought it was a tornado so we went into the bathroom…I’ve never seen winds like that….pretty scary here in fort worth,tx……but my daughter got a picture with the news crew:)….The news crew said they were probably going to send a helicopter over our area in the morning to see all the damages.
Oh that sounds very scary, Deborah.
Hope all is well and that all of you in Texas keep safe.
And that there is no power outages so that you can keep your kindles charged.;-)
Bev and Fabi – I like the licorice in Germany much better than here – don’t know why they would be different, but they are. So is the nougat. My son makes me buy the “Mexican” coke. He likes it better. It’s made with sugar instead of corn syrup, and the glass bottle helps too. It does taste better!
I had too much to do so I didn’t get much reading done last night. So “Marrow” is Mud Vein #2? That makes it more interesting….
I think I will give Debt Inheritance one more shot. Anyone read it? Thoughts?
(I never read the Argeneau vampires series. Go figure.)
Oh, and I survived the North Texas storm, obviously. Power went out at the soccer stadium, so my son had to leave during the crazy storm because he didn’t want to hunker down. I hate Texas thunder storms.
Maryse – I just tried out the “Matchmaker” Amazon feature you mentioned. How cool is that? So many of my books are bargain priced (1.99!!!). Even some that are still on my TBR. I can download the audio book and listen on the plane or on the beach, and not have to “read”. Yay for me. LOVE THAT.
Thanks for finding all this cool stuff for us. (I got The Genius and the Muse for 1.99… woop woop).
I know!!! Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot…
I still need to try the Matchmaker feature. On my to do list for today. 😉
Hope all is well today in Texas MichelleS and Deborah.
Deborah glad you guys are okay. Those are the storms that are awful instead of the safe ones I like. It didn’t reach us in full force here and I hadn’t heard the news so didn’t know it was severe in other parts of North Texas.
MichelleS glad you guys headed home safely too.
Ugh, I need to turn on the tv more often.
Sheesh, what a night! Glad you ladies are okay after those storms!
MichelleS, I’m not sure what – if any – ties Marrow has to Mud Vein other than it being another psy-thriller sort of story, and that little message from TF is kinda cryptic…at least to me it is. I’m only about halfway through it though (my cold pill knocked me out last night so I didn’t get to stay up and read…boooo!) so we’ll see what happens.
All I can say is this one has some pretty dark elements to it…and I’m loving it! 😀
Fabi, I have to look those up. I have a few by Eve Langlais but I do not think I have anything by the other two but sometimes I have stuff I do not even remember buying…
TLHoG got a little darker and I forget who said they were hesitant because of issues dealing with rape in it but that has been added to the storyline. I hope I can finish today since I really cannot wait to see how the story wraps up!
Anyone read Meet Me In The Dark yet? That one seems really interesting to me and is getting great reviews. I might take a mini-break from scifi and try it next.
Michelle I’m surprised that a rape element came up so late in the book. Usually if there is one it comes up at beginning or early in in the book so the plot has plenty of time for resolution. Now I’m curious to know if it will have an HEA. If there is one absolute I have to have in my escape lit its an HEA.
Omg! I just got Kulti on loan. Looks like I’m taking a break from sci fi too! Ugh, and I just started my other loan which is PNR. What to do, what to do?
Go with Kulti Fabi.
Hey did you ever finish The Shadows?
Yeah it definitively surprised me too that it was added so late in the book but it’s so long that even showing up a little over half way still leaves a lot of story left to tell. I got to 75% yesterday from 60% and that was like with almost 3 hours of reading for me and you know I read fast. Oh Kulti I loved and was another one I couldn’t put down! You’re getting good loans from booklending.com then? I have Rejar I just got that I will need to read soon too.
For my fellow Sephora addicts…
But NONE of those apply to ANY of us. 😉
I finished The Shadows a few books ago. I still can’t think of another author who writes like JRW. Her voice is unique.
Michelle I’m getting pretty regular loans from booklending.com even though I don’t have a huge list of requests. I think I get as much pleasure from someone borrowing one of mine as I do borrowing one. Its a thrill to have other people reading the same stories. Not as good as sharing here with Maryse, but still cool.
I don’t have anyone IRL anymore that I can share my reads with so these sites are special for me.
I changed my mind about Debt Inheritance – it just got interesting….. I am putting this Jethro guy right up there with Ryder and Barrons for how dam# rude and pushy he is…. maybe even worse than them…. keeping fingers crossed that all this bad-as$-ness goes somewhere good.
Amy, nope none of those apply to me. *cheeky grin*
MichelleS… *grins* It gets even better. After all, there are debts to be paid. Heck, you saw how I was about the Third Debt. Stupid Jet!
I started Rob Lowe’s memoir and now filming The Outsiders. Can I just say I ♥ Patrick Swayze. Always have.
For Outlander fans, these recaps are pretty funny: https://www.tv.com/users/OzgeB/posts/
Tesaa – that is seriously messed up! This book is horrid. Just like Life of Anna…. the poor girl. Tell me there is some light at the end of the tunnel? I can’t do this with two series. Life of Anna and now Indebted series? ARGH! I just want to murder this guy. Him and his blacked-out Harley.
Who said they needed pushy male? Was that me? I need a one book break from that… need PNR stat. Or a super feisty heroine. No one that is going to just shut up and take it.
I knew there was a reason I was staying away from the Indebted series. Just not my thing.
Kulti, on the other hand. This is what a romance book should be. MichelleS I totally get why read 11 hours straight through. I am so in love with these characters and this story.
Fabi – isn’t it awesome? Not much even happens – just interactions between these two – and it was still one of my faves this year. The total fangirl in me was super happy too. And he was GERMAN…. so I was uber happy. Then when he started calling her Schneke, I fell in love (my family uses that one a lot).
I’m totally dying MichelleS. Germany was my world cup fav. I was born in Argentina. And Mexico is our nearest neighbor. I am totally fangirling over this whole book.
You guys are too cute over Kulti. *grins*
MichelleS, it’s not Life of Anna bad. It is hellish, but then there are moments that are sweet. It’s hard to explain without spoilers, but that’s the best way I can explain it. I’m reading it as it’s written, so I naturally get a break. 🙂
Oh, also, I finished Reluctant Concubine and you were right. It was so good. Full fantasy with a hint of romance, not a romantic fantasy. That title is seriously misleading. It was so good, I only stopped when I had to.