HAPPY READING WEEKEND MY FRIENDS!! LOOK AT ALL THE BOOK-GOODIES… in fact…
<— Perfect fit for this Halloween month, don’t you think? IT’S AN APPLE!!!! And since Kooloo is a reading machine this week (month?) and suggested quite a few awesome tried-and-true recommendations for us below, I figured I’d feature one of her recommendations right up here. 😉
Yep. This is just one of her recommendations on today’s list, but it’s LOADED in reader recommendations (a few that I’ve read and loved myself – I included my review links, too). So much to choose from, we simply can’t go wrong.
Take a look at what we found for the weekend!!
- Gun Shy: A psychological thriller by Lili St. Germain <— LIVE!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!!! *squeeee!!* so many of our favorite authors are releasing psych-thrillers these days and I could NOT be happier!! 😀 “...As the small town mobilizes and searches for newly vanished Jennifer Thomas, one suspect comes to the fore. But did he do it? Or is there something else at play? Something nobody could have anticipated? For Jennifer’s friend Cassie Carlino, the worst is yet to come. As she pins MISSING posters to store windows and joins the search, she begins to suspect that Jennifer’s disappearance might be closer to her than she could have ever imagined…“
- Badger by C.M. McKenna <— “PAINFUL, UGLY AND STICKY” (well who can resist THAT?? 😉 ) J.B. SALSBURY HAS NOT FORGIVEN ME FOR THIS RECOMMENDATION!! P.S. Here’s my own 5-star review. Plus we get some fun author insight about her own recently released book that sounds SOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!! 😉
J.B. Salsbury: I still haven’t forgiven you for introducing me to Badger, Maryse!!! I’m still in the depths of a MASSIVE hangover!! Not sure if I’m still speaking to you after you changed my SOUL by sharing that book!!! Ugh.. where do I go from here? Nothing reads right anymore… I’m going to go listen to Depeche Mode with a pint of ice cream. And maybe one-click this book too.
Maryse: Let’s do this crazy Bad Romance together!! You just KNOW it will have an HEA. 😉 Baaahahahahahhahaha!!!!
Maria: So I looked up Badger and apparently I’m going to have to read it too!
JB Salsbury: Maria… it is incredible but, you’re going to need your big girl panties on. …. I’ll pray for you. (let me know what you think when you finish) xx
Roberta: I just finished Fighting for Honor.. JB Salsbury, you rocked it again and you brought the boys in. I just one clicked Badger and Bad Romance
JB Salsbury: Thank you, Roberta!! That book was so much fun to write. I’m glad you liked it! 😀 #JonahsBeard Girl… Badger just about KILLED me. Like KILLED! I’m still not over it. I wish I could read it again for the first time. Please, be warned, it is NOT a super fluffy feel good romance. It’s painful and ugly and sticky.
Roberta: I will be ready with the box of tissues, yes that beard whoot whoot.
- Chemistry (Stella Blunt Book 1) by C.L. Lynch <— OMG THE COVER!!!!!! Kooloo is excited about this one!
Kooloo: OMG Maryse you need to check out “Chemistry” by C.L. Lynch!!!!!! I don’t want to ruin the surprise but on the cover is a heart. Not an apple. Looks too good to pass up… one clicked that baby lol
Maryse: OMG THAT COVER ALONE has me wanting to one-click it!!! Now I know why you warned us about the heart. *gasp!!!* *races off to read the blurb*
- Hail No (Hail Raisers Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale <— HE JUST GOT OUT OF PRISON ALERT!! Kooloo also recommend this one!
Kooloo: “Hail No” by Lani Lynn Vale was a HAIL YESSS for me. Totally sucked into the DRAMA that surrounded theses characters lol and there was a heck of a lot of it let me tell you!!!! But I thought it was a great start to the serries
- Forever Our Boys: A Beaumont Novella by Heidi McLaughlin <— LIVE!! HEIDI MCLAUGHLIN’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! “Come back to Beaumont… sort of! Join Josie, Katelyn, and Jenna when they embark on a vacation, away from the glitz and glam that their lives have become...”
- The House by Christina Lauren <— CHRISTINA LAUREN SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! I enjoyed this one! It’s sweet at first… and then super-creepy. (P.S. Here’s my review)
- Hollywood Love: Book 5: A sexy celebrity romance (Hollywood Billionaires) by Jillian Dodd <— LIVE!! JILLIAN DODD SERIAL CONTINUATION!
- Grudge Match by Jessica Gadziala <— LIVE!! A FIGHTER & A WOMAN THAT NEEDED HELP!! He’s… “…an obsessive workaholic with really only one rule: mind your own business. Until one night, there was Adalind Hollis – scared, confused, in need of help. And for the first time, he couldn’t convince himself to walk away, to mind his own business. Even after she was getting the care she needed, he couldn’t seem to make himself stay away…“
- Thrill of Love: Ty Braden (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor) by Melissa Foster <— LIVE!!!
- Fairytale Kisses (Here & Now Book 2) by Kim Bailey <— LIVE!! THEY DON’T BELIEVE IN LOVE... “...Zadie Fisher doesn’t believe in love. At least, she doesn’t want to. Despite undeniable attraction, second chances, and resurrected hope, she doesn’t believe in soulmates, true love, or happily ever after. Not anymore. She knows falling in love is a mistake … If only she could avoid it. But fate has a funny way of twisting things, and some mistakes are destined to be made…“
- Play On by Samantha Young <— SAMANTHA YOUNG’S LATEST!!! And now we have feedback, ’cause Rebecca enjoyed this one!
Rebecca: I just finished Play On by Samantha Young. It was very good!
- Sack Time by A.M. Willard <— COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT (a doctor and his sick neighbor that doesn’t want his help!)!! Recent release and Marit recommends it!
Marit: I have some good stuff for us as well! Sack Time by A.M Willard! I LOVED IT! I have a weakness for doctors. Ehem OMG. It’s funny, sexy, and he is a doctor. She is his neighbor and she has an illness. She doesn’t want his help, but he is pushy I love the feelings this book gave me. It made me feel so feminine. A MUST read ladies!
- Bad Romance by Heather Demetrios <— ANGSTY AS ANYTHING!!! BACK ON THE LIST BECAUSE WE LOVED IT!!! This is one of the latest I’ve reviewed and could not put down, and Robyn just read it and agrees! P.S. Here’s my 4.5 star review!
Robyn: Hi Maryse! I just finished Bad Romance. That was a powerful book that everyone from Jr. High up to Adulthood needs to read! That hit home in so many places. What a relevant and important message. I think you need to put it back on your book recommendation list! Even boys and men need to read this book.
Stacy: It’s so good! Well worth the price.
Amy: Oh, and Bad Romance…this book is just EVERYTHING I needed right now. Every emotion. Every heart clench. Every gut punch. Every reminder of how I was in high school and the relief I’m no longer that way. *says a quick thank-you prayer for hubby*
- Hideaway (Devil’s Night #2) by Penelope Douglas <— PENELOPE DOUGLAS’S LATEST and Grey is CRAZY for this recent release:
Tessa:Grey. How did you get Hideaway? Where can I get Hideaway. You said the magic word… HIDEAWAY!
Grey: Tessa, Pen Douglas just pulled the trigger on Hideaway, it should be live on Amazon any time now!!! This is not a drill! It is sooo good, and long…gah, I am *loving* it, I haven’t had as much time to read as I want d/t football yesterday and today, but I am tucking in right now, and not letting go!
Tessa: *squee* Hideaway is live and MINE!
Nay: Oooh, I still need to read Corrupt (Devil’s Night #1), but I went ahead and one-clicked Hideaway anyway! That’s my kind of reading!
Tessa: Grey, I’m on the first page of chapter two… lol I’m fast but not THAT fast. Though, that first chapter… It was a great start. Oh, Nay… Corrupt was so goooooood. And you get to read it for the first time? Ooooh!!
- Sledgehammer (Hard To Love Book 2) by P. Dangelico <— HILARIOUS + ROMANCE ALERT!! Robyn is also enjoying this one!
Robyn: I just started Sledgehammer by P. Dangelico. She wrote Wrecking Ball awhile back. Anywho, this book is great! It’s got romance and humor. It reminds me of N.A. Alcorns Infamous series. It is hilarious! A light funny read after Bad Romance.
- Take Me, Boss: A Bad Boy Office Romance by Juliana Conners <— LIVE!! A BILLIONAIRE LAWYER BREAKING THE OFFICE RULES… “...She’s half my age, and a workplace romance is forbidden. But I can’t resist her curvy body or her sassy personality. So I break all the rules...”
- Until Harry by L.A. Casey <— TEARJERKER ALERT!!! Krystal recommends (and cried over) this one!
Krystal: Hey have you read Until Harry by L.A Casey? I just did and it was such an amazing story! Totally tissue box worthy not to mention total swoon! My eyes still hurt from all the crying. Lol.
- The Evolution of Ivy: Poison (The Evolution of Ivy, Volume 1) by Lauren Campbell <— SHE’S A CRAZY STALKER ALERT!!! Ela recommended it to Lisa, and Lisa is LOVING IT!! And I loved it too! Here’s my review. P.S. In case you missed it, book #2 (The Evolution of Ivy: Antidote (The Evolution of Ivy, Volume 2)) was just recently released! 😀
Lisa: For the last ten years, I’ve vowed that this moment wouldn’t bother me, but it does. The Evolution of Ivy: Poison. I’m enjoying the heck out of it. Ivy/Emily is just kinda tragic and her thinking and actions are so whacked and flawed. Just my cuppa!!! And our dear Ela picked this for me to read this month…She just gets me!!!
- Dr Stanton by T.L. Swan <— MADE MARIT CRY A RIVER!!!! And yet Marit loves and recommends it!! And she says we can read it as a standalone!!!
Marit: OMG! Girls. I’m reading Dr. Stanton by T.L Swan. It’s killing me. I usually don’t cry when I read books. But this one has made me cry a river. Its also making me so mad! And happy. Humble. IN LOVE. And all the emotions on the scale. I have read a lot of books lately. No one made me feel like this. This one is a must read
Maryse: Sounds amazing Marit!! Do we have to read all of the others first, or can this one be read as a standalone?
Leslie: Marit, how does Dr. Stanton fit in with the Stanton series? I have both on my TBR and have neen meaning to tackle them. I assume Dr. Stanton is a spin off? If its a spoiler, never mind. Maryse, so funny…we were thinking same thing at same time!
Marit: Leslie and Maryse: You don’t have to read any books in the Stanton series before you read Dr Stanton. I’m about to finish Dr Stanton now. I think there is a sequel waiting for me. There might be a third one as well. But I think there are other main characters in book two and three. So you can probably read the frist one as a stand alone I will let you know. It’s soooooo good He is so hot. But he makes me so mad as well!
- Blister by Jeff Strand <— GROSS COVER & TITLE, AND I WANT IT!!! Comedy-horror and Amy picked THIS one for me for my creepy Halloween read!! 😉
Amy: Aaaaaaand Maryse needs to read Blister this October. Not a scary read, more of a creepy one but also with some dark humor. Y’all remember that one? I snorted out loud a few times and that doesn’t happen often while I’m reading. So, Maryse…Blister…October.
- The Bandit (Stolen Duet Book 1) by B.B. Reid <— HE STOLE HER SON & BECOME HER WORST NIGHTMARE ALERT!!! Another recommendation for Kooloo!! Didn’t I tell you she;s a reading machine right now?
Kooloo: found The Bandit (Stolen Duet) by B.B. Reid. Does this ring anyone’s bell?? Anyway so much going on the drama my emotions did not think I would like this book but could not put it down!!!
…The best part it ends on “cliffy” but the Duet is complete! Yayyyyyyyyyyy. So on to “The Knight (Stolen Duet Book 2)” and the conclusion to this wide ride of forbidden young love, triggers, a baby, revenge, betrayal,vouyeurism, ménage, etc etc I mean this book has it all and just when you think you have a handle on the were the story is going BAMMMM B.B. Reid himself s you again Gahhhhhhh
Tessa: Kooloo, I totally enjoyed The Stolen Duet. It was a fun, dark read.. She’s nice and twisted in her romances.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins <— CREEPY-SOUNDING FUN THAT bev and I were supposed to buddy-read!!! And Kooloo is into it! In fact, KOOLOO IS A READING MACHINE THIS MONTH!!! She’s even listening to books as we speak, and is loving this one! be?? What are we waiting for??
Kooloo: Ok so I started reading “There’s someone inside your house” last night and fell asleep but couldn’t wait to find out who the killer was soooooooo I one click the audiobook and listed on the way to and from work lol. Even though it was a teen read I totally dug it and would recommend the audiobook for this one too!!!!
- Guy Hater by J. Sterling – October 9th 2017
- Dirty Little Promise (Forbidden Desires Book 2) by Kendall Ryan – October 9th 2017
- Roomies by Christina Lauren – October 10th 2017
- The Consort (Ascension Book 3) by K.A. Linde – October 10th 2017
- Midnight Unleashed: A Midnight Breed Novella by Lara Adrian – October 10th 2017
- Sure Thing by Jana Aston – October 10th 2017
- From This Moment by Melanie Harlow – October 10th 2017
- Holding Onto Forever (The Beaumont Series: Next Generation Book 1) by Heidi McLaughlin – October 12th 2017