Black Friday Finds & Reader Recommendations – 11-23-18

by Maryse on November 23, 2018 · 38 comments

in eBook Deals

*SQUEEEEEE!!!* It’s Happy Black Friday day!!! ;) It’s time to post this weeks Friday Finds (and today it won’t just be books!!!) I‘m going to scour the goods and update this post ALL day with the great deals I find. :D Annnnnnd… what I get in on, myself.

Right now, I’m going to start us off with this HUGELY EXCITING link:

Okay… now time to scour and add deals to this page, so keep checking back…

BLACK FRIDAY DEALS!!!  :D (that I either have and LOVE and highly recommend) or that I WANT:

P.S. You can check out ALL the Black Friday Deals on Amazon, here. (all done) HOWEVER they have started ➔ their “Cyber Monday” deals!

Simply Calphalon Nonstick 10 Piece Cookware Set (SA10H) <— Here’s an early “Cyber Monday” deal (or should we consider it a late “Black Friday” deal?) This Calphalon set is on super-sale!! Almost 4000 reviews and it’s 4.5 stars!!!!! WOW!

Fire TV Stick with 1st Gen Alexa Voice Remote, streaming media player <— I cut the cable over a year ago, and now I’m strictly Firestick & Roku (I absolutely BOTH!! And I have one for each room), but my Firestick is one of the very first ones and IT. IS. Slowwwwwww to load up. Supposedly this one is worlds faster, so at this price? I’m upgrading!!!! :D YAY ME!! Plus it has the voice command thingie in it.

Breville BNE800BSS Nespresso Creatista Plus Coffee Espresso Machine, 1, Silver <— OOOOOOHHHH fancy!!! Especially for the coffee lover/gourmet. And quite a significant price cut today!!

Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer <— MEET THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!!! And it’s on HUGE Black Friday sale!!  Y’all know that I love to cook, and I use this every single week. It’s the best rice maker, I make my boiled eggs in it (I love “pickled eggs, and this makes FLAWLESS boiled eggs so easily), I steam my broccoli in it, and one of my favorite Greek Dishes, Fasolakia (Greek green beans, with olive oil, crushed tomatoes or a tomato sauce, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper)… and when it’s all cooked (I like my green beans for this recipe to be very soft because it absorbs the flavor) I sprinkle Feta cheese all over it. OMG SO GOOD. In fact I’m making it today while I play “bargain finding”)

Nay: Maryse–last night my son showed me the Instant Pot you’ve got posted above. My crock pot is over 22 years ago, so it may be time for a change!

Victoria: I do love mine!! Do you use the pressure-cooker function? I use it for bone-broth and rice.

Maryse: I only use it for pressure cooking. I should try slow cooking. Oh!! I sautéed veggies in it too…

Victoria: Yes. That’s almost all I use it for too. But hubby makes his slow-cooked chicken in there and browns it first with the saute function.

SHARK ION Robot Vacuum R85 WiFi-Connected with Powerful Suction, XL Dust Bin, Self-Cleaning Brushroll and Voice Control with Alexa or Google Assistant (RV850) <— MINE IS A ROOMBA but I LOVE it, and use it every single week (I used to let it run every day but it does such a good job that I don’t need to anymore). The proof is in the pudding… or, dust bin collector-thingie. Now that I know how convenient and efficient these are, I couldn’t live without it. One less job that I have to do. YAY ME!!!

OHHH!!! Here are the iRobot Roomba 650 Automatic Robotic Vacuum (Certified Refurbished) (refurbished) but for those of you specifically wanting THIS brand, this is an AMAZING price!!!

23andMe DNA Test – Health + Ancestry Personal Genetic Service – includes reports on Health, Wellness, Ancestry & More <— I did mine!! And then I got my mom, sister and aunt to do theirs. Guess what!? We are confirmed related (with the exact percentages and DNA matches and everything)! LOL!!! But no, it showed me SO much more than that (like genetic markers for certain potential issues or cool stuff). And while my mom’s family always thought they had Native American in them, this test confirmed they were 100% European, no ifs, ands, or buts!! HOWEVER I DO have Native American in me!! :D Must have come from my father’s side, and now I need to get him and my brother to do this kit!

Kenmore Washer & Dryer bundles!! I don’t need these (mine are LG – my washer is a top loader – and I LOVE them and they sing to me… tee hee!!!), but these are amazingly priced today, and might just make someone’s day! ;)

WOW DEALS on the net!!!

Samsonite Pulse Dlx Lightweight 2 Piece Hardside Set (20″/24″), Black, Exclusive to Amazon <— LUGGAGE SUPER-BARGAIN for us book travelers. ;) Book signings and exploring the real world (that often inspires our love stories), and this is quite the bargain, and an EXCELLENT brand. I still have mine that my dad bought me almost 10 years ago (also Samsonite – I only have the carry on size, though).

Amy: I’m REALLY excited about getting the Samsonite luggage though because we’ve been taking a lot of one-night and two-night trips recently, and the 20”/28” set is perfect for us.

TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND :D !!

Brooke: Calia Read’s latest in her Surviving Trace series released yesterday- The Reigning and the Rule! Loved it!

Tasha J: Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate <- not a quick book, but so good.

Michele G: I would like to second Tasha’s recommendation of Before We Were Yours as a palette cleanser :-) It was a really good book and a little different from what we all read most of the time.

Jean: I just finished Pestilence and that is my recommendation for Maryse!!! Please!!! (Those of you who have read it know how significant the word “please” is in this book!) You have to read it! …ABSOLUTELY FREAKING LOVED IT!! CAN’T WAIT FOR WAR TO COME OUT! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Michelle G: I’m really loving Pestilence!!

• First to Fall (Triplets Book 1) by Stacy Lane <— SHE’S RECLUSIVE & HE’S THE HOCKEY STAR… “…Jo Harper has fallen for a hockey player, and she doesn’t even like hockey. A homebody to the extreme, all it took was one night out for her anti-social life to tailspin into celebrities and social media scandals. Though, scandal is a stretch when put into terms about a dead ex. She only speaks to Brooks by happenstance. Although, it’s more sassing than actual talking. Which he likes and demonstrates every opportunity he can. She’s become the girl friend—with a space, as he likes to say—and he’s more than her timid self can handle…”
  • Nay found us these!!

Nay: Here are a couple of ebook box set deals:

The Legal Affairs Boxed Set by Sawyer Bennett (includes 5 books) on sale

The Katy Regnery Christmas Collection: Three complete holiday romances by Katy Regnery–includes Marrying Mr. English, Countdown to Midnight, and Loving Irish–on sale

I’m getting ready to start scouring Amazon and other websites for more deals while I wait for Good Gone Bad to go live. I’ll post it I find anything good.

• Lines (Greyford High Book 1) by Anna B. Doe <— LIVE!!! NERDY GIRL CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS YEAR TO BE OVER WITH… “…For the shy, nerdy girl-next-door that she is, high school is torture and all she wants is for it to be over. Having her heart broken by a popular, womanizing boy all those years ago doesn’t help the matters. Nor does his best friend who still has a habit of mercilessly teasing her. Now, she only has one year left, one year to be invisible before she can move on with her life...”
  • Nay found us these deals too!! And I love these authors (and a few of these books ’cause I read ‘em) BIG TIME!!

Here are a few ebook deals:

Waiting for the Sun: Waiting for the Sun, Part One (one of my fave books of the year) by our own Robin Hill is on sale…

Sherrilyn Kenyon has a couple on sale:

Dragonsworn: A Dark-Hunter Novel (Dark-Hunter Novels) (Darkhunter numbered #26 on GR–this has already been on sale for at least a week .

Deadmen Walking: A Deadman’s Cross Novel (Deadman’s Cross #1)

Also, The Real and The Brave Line by Kate Stewart are each $0.99!

• The Thing About Trouble (A Crystal Lake Novel Book 1) by Juliana Stone <— LIVE!!!! THE VEGAS SHOWGIRL & THE SINGLE FATHER ALERT!! “…She’s knows what the locals think of her—the Vegas showgirl hit it big when elderly David Banes married her. But they don’t know the pain she carries, or the past she’s running from. They don’t know the desire Cam Booker stirs in her, or the yearning his little girl evokes...”
  • Evan Arden: The Complete Boxed Set by Shay Savage <— OLDIE BUT GOODIE SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! I LOVED the first 3 books like crazy and I need to finish the series (he’s moody and angry and kind of an alpha-jerk, and there’s angst. OH BOY IS THERE EVER!!!
Jean: I’ll take Evan Arden since he is so f*cked up and broken and needs me to save him!
  • Needy (Bedtime Stories for Grown-Ass Adults Book 1) by Luna Kayne <— SERIES SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! All 4 books are on Black-Friday “Kindle Countdown Deal”!! SHE’S A SECRET SUBMISSIVE…“…After years of putting her career first, she’s taking the chance at a discreet encounter. One that will allow her to unleash her true nature and experience her submission at the hands of a dominant stranger but not everything is as it seems…”
  • Off Balance Series by Lucia Franco <—FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT!! ANOTHER SQUICKED-OUT RECOMMENDATION FOR THIS ONE!! And both books are super-bargain priced!

Kristy: Just finished book two in Lucia Francos series Off balance. I think the last series that left me in such emotional turmoil. It is so forbidden. Normally this kind of book wouldn’t faze me but there were times I could feel it in my stomach. That squick factor. I loved it and I hated it but it was definitely some truly beautiful writing and I know I’ll be thinking about Ria and Kova for weeks.

AUDIOBOOK L:D VERS!

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!

PREORDERS (going live soon!!!  :D )

1. Her Mafioso King (The Vitucci Mafiosos Book 4) by Terri Anne Browning - November 27th 2018
  2. Hunky Heartbreaker: A Whiskey Kisses Novella by Kendall Ryan – November 27th 2018
  3. Someone to Trust (A Westcott Novel) by Mary Balogh - November 27th 2018
  4. Love With Me (With Me In Seattle Book 11) by Kristen Proby – November 27th 2018
  5. Tragic (Lark Cove Book 3) by Devney Perry – November 27th 2018
  6. Until Cobi (Until Him/Her Book 7) by Aurora Rose Reynolds – November 27th 2018
  7. Raff (The Vorge Crew Book 4) by Laurann Dohner – November 27th 2018

➔➔➔  Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Sign up for my weekly newsletter

Leslie M November 23, 2018 at 8:22 AM

Happy Black Friday!!

I’m gonna hit the mall with my son once he wakes up.

Maryse November 23, 2018 at 8:28 AM

Eeeeeeeeep!!!! I used to do that way back before I became an adamant online shopper. LOL!!! It was fun, but I was always a bit nervous for the potential aggression out there. ;)

But I always found such COOL deals (like cozy pajama sets and entire glass storage bowls) for so cheap. In fact, I’m actually wearing one of those fuzzy pajama sets right now. :D

Nay November 23, 2018 at 10:13 AM

Good morning!

Ditto on your post, Maryse. My mom, sister, and I used to go every year. We’d look at all the newspaper ads and map out which stores were opening at what time so that we could hit them all as close to opening time as possible. At first it was daring to get to a store at 7am, then it moved to 6, then 5, and 4. Now I do 98% of my shopping online.

Hubs asked if I wanted to go get a Christmas tree today, and I said, “Are you crazy?” Lowes will be just as crowded as everywhere else (around our parts, Lowes has wonderful fir trees that are a fraction of the cost of other places–and I lurve to look at their Christmas lighting displays).

Nay November 23, 2018 at 10:36 AM

Here are a couple of ebook box set deals:

The Legal Affairs Boxed Set by Sawyer Bennett (includes 5 books) on sale for $1.99

The Katy Regnery Christmas Collection: Three complete holiday romances by Katy Regnery–includes Marrying Mr. English, Countdown to Midnight, and Loving Irish–on sale for $0.99

Nay November 23, 2018 at 11:12 AM

Here are a few ebook deals:

Waiting for the Sun (one of my fave books of the year) by our own Robin Hill is on sale for $0.99!

Sherrilyn Kenyon has a couple on sale:
Dragonsworn (Darkhunter numbered #26 on GR–this has already been on sale for at least a week) $2.99

Deadmen Walking (Deadman’s Cross #1) $2.99

Also, The Real and The Brave Line by Kate Stewart are each $0.99!

Amy November 23, 2018 at 11:38 AM

Happy Black Friday!!! No store shopping for me. No ma’am. I’ll stick with online shopping, thank you.

I woke up an hour ago, pulled up my Amazon app, and POOF! A large chunk of money disappeared from my checking account. *sigh*

Now to hit up Sephora, Tarte, MAC, and a bunch of other makeup sites…

R. Renee November 23, 2018 at 11:58 AM

Thank you Nay! ❤️

Maryse November 23, 2018 at 1:37 PM

Thank you, Nay!!! I just added them into the list. EXCELLENT finds!!! :D

Amy November 23, 2018 at 2:50 PM

Some freebies for those of us who spent more than they planned to today (I’ve either read them or have heard them mentioned with LOVE on here):
The Vixen and the Vet by Katy Regnery
Forever Ours by Cassia Leo (*sigh* just the right amount of angst and drama)
Something In the Way by Jessica Hawkins
Remember When by T. Torrest (80s throwback!)
Flow by Kennedy Ryan (haven’t read it but ohhhhhh does it sound GOOD)
Consequences by Aleatha Romig
Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters (this is a GOOD one!)
That Boy by Jillian Dodd (so freaking cute and funny…the drawing of a chicken sh!tting with “me” written and an arrow pointing to the sh!t is forever burned in my brain, LOL!)
A Beautiful Lie by TE Sivec
One Is a Promise by Pam Godwin
Bait by M. Mabie
Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken
Dr. OBscene by Max Monroe (sounds hilarious)
Tragic by JA Huss (reading this now and loving it so far!)
Manic by JA Huss (R&R book 2!!)
Give Me Yesterday by K. Webster and Elle Christianson
Avoiding Commitment by KA Linde (holy mother of angst)

And lastly… *drum roll*
Bad Things by RK Lilley (TRISTAN & DANIKA!!!!!!)

bev November 23, 2018 at 3:25 PM

The only thing I bought today is a 30 dollar mystery beauty box, lol. It’s fun if nothing else.
I am planning on looking for some warmer outer wear. Probably ll bean or lands end. And a new umbrella.

bev November 23, 2018 at 3:28 PM

Maryse do you have a holiday reading list?
I wouldn’t mind seeing one. Wouldn’t necessarily have to be Christmas themed, but even winter or fall. Or just those books that are cozy or good to cozy up with….if that makes sense?

Jan November 23, 2018 at 9:19 PM

Stella Riley fans – her new book in the Rockliffe series is OUT! Yay! It’s called Cadenza and looks good so far. A series of gorgeous Georgian HRs. Traditional style books, clean but still sexy ;)

Tasha J November 23, 2018 at 10:23 PM

I’m sick. I haven’t been sick like this in too long and all I wanna do is sleep and I can’t. First, because of the chills and now because of my raging headache. I was achy all day today, *waaah!*

bev November 24, 2018 at 12:53 AM

Watching Crazy Rich Asians. Now that is an OTT wedding.

But love, “Bok Bok bitch” lol.

bev November 24, 2018 at 12:55 AM

Tasha hope you feel better soon.

MichelleS November 24, 2018 at 1:21 PM

First year that I did ZERO Black Friday shopping. Not in stores. Not online. Feels weird.

Instead, I spent the day making Nordic gnomes, because I’m addicted to Pinterest. So cute!

I’m in the mood for something Lauren Gilley-like. And recs?

Cheryl November 24, 2018 at 3:05 PM

Only black friday shopping was stopping at Sephora on way back from in-laws. My daughter wanted to get her friend a birthday present. Also checked Target and GameStop for PS4 Spiderman bundle for my daughter. EVERY WHERE is sold out. Hoping it will be a cyber monday deal. I did do some online shopping at Metal Marvels. They have both positive affirmation jewlery and expletive one’s. I purchased 3 bracelets. Two as gifts and one for me. The “I run on caffeine and curse words” is so me. Although, I loved the expletive one’s too.

Cheryl November 24, 2018 at 3:13 PM

R- I just finished Tell Me You Love Me. Noticed you’re mentioned in the acknowledgements. I really liked it! It was a sweet, romantic comedy with a clever storyline that has a few twists along the way.

R. Renee November 24, 2018 at 3:17 PM

Ann’s writing is so unique. There’s just nothing else like it! This is the third one I’ve beta read for her. So glad you liked it!

Jan November 24, 2018 at 5:26 PM

Michelle S. what about Reaper’s Stand by Joanna Wylde? I don’t like all of her books but I liked that one. Older H and h, good storyline. Or have you read Sebring By Kristen Ashley? It’s a while since I read it, but it has something of the flavour of Gilley, from memory. Bad boy turns better, falls for daughter of crime lord (I think???)

Or a bit of Susan Fanetti? Alone on Earth is a good one. Lonely young Hollywood starlet falls for a biker while making a movie about his MC club. Or if you’re not in a mood for bikers, what about Deep? Yeah it’s a mafia family book, but it’s not really about the mafia life. It’s really about the beautiful love story of a dark and lonely fortyish man whose life is transformed when he falls in love for the first time with a complicated and wonderful woman.

Cheryl November 24, 2018 at 10:39 PM

Not sure what to read next. What is everyone reading? :)

Jan November 24, 2018 at 11:24 PM

I’m reading a new HR (Cadenza) and the Walsh brothers (Kate Canterbary). Her new one, Before Girl, was pretty good.

Cheryl November 24, 2018 at 11:35 PM

I liked Before Girl too.

bev November 25, 2018 at 9:31 AM

Just started The Cafe by the Sea . Too soon to tell but so far like it. If nothing else I always enjoy British CRs written by British authors.

bev November 25, 2018 at 7:45 PM

Ok, this is too quiet. Even for me who wanted to hibernate.
So…..21 questions.
(Its just the name of the game)
And last year still makes me sad…..because real trees are the best trees. No squirrel is going to jump out at you. You need to put the Chevy Chase movies down.

1. Candy canes. Do you savor them or crunch them?

2. Ginger cookies or sugar cookies?

3. Best holiday scent?

4. As a child was it presents on Christmas eve or day?

5. Anything you really want this year?

6. If you could would you live in the cottage from The Holiday?

7. River by Joni Mitchell or Fairytale of New York by The Pogues?
(If you dont know them, Alexa play me….or YouTube, but would she play them?)

8. Does Auld Lang Syne make you kind of sad?

9. Will you be glad to see 2018 go?

10. Charlie Brown Christmas or The Grinch Who Stole Christmas?

11. Choose two words to define your 2019.

12. It’s the 21st are you here in pjs watching elf?
If so eating or drinking what?

If I asked these before…..well
…..*shrug*

MichelleS November 25, 2018 at 8:50 PM

1. Candy canes. Do you savor them or crunch them? Savor for 4 minutes. Then crunch.

2. Ginger cookies or sugar cookies? Sugar.

3. Best holiday scent? Fir scented candles.

4. As a child was it presents on Christmas eve or day? Eve.

5. Anything you really want this year? Earrings.

6. If you could would you live in the cottage from The Holiday? Yes

7. River by Joni Mitchell or Fairytale of New York by The Pogues?
(If you dont know them, Alexa play me….or YouTube, but would she play them?) Joni Mitchell

8. Does Auld Lang Syne make you kind of sad? Yes

9. Will you be glad to see 2018 go? Yes!

10. Charlie Brown Christmas or The Grinch Who Stole Christmas? The Grinch

11. Choose two words to define your 2019. No houseguests

12. It’s the 21st are you here in pjs watching elf? Yes
If so eating or drinking what? Nutella on French bread, red wine

bev November 25, 2018 at 9:49 PM

1. Both.

2. Sugar

3. A Christmas tree lot on a cold crisp night.
Though I had a candle, discontinued, that smelled exactly like trees and cookies.

4. Morning. I was one of those who’d wake before sunrise.

5. Dog

6. Yes. One of my favorite movie houses. If I had the money to design and build that would probably be the one.

7. The Pogues. Love that album. I haven’t delved into Blue that much.

8. Yes.

9. Yes.

10. Lean towards Charlie Brown but I love both.

11. Health and happiness.

12. Yes. I’ll take nutella too, but maybe with some chai.

R. Renee November 25, 2018 at 9:54 PM

1. Candy canes. Do you savor them or crunch them? I use them for stir sticks in my cocktails.

2. Ginger cookies or sugar cookies? ginger

3. Best holiday scent? ginger

4. As a child was it presents on Christmas eve or day? day

5. Anything you really want this year? time

6. If you could would you live in the cottage from The Holiday? yes

7. River by Joni Mitchell or Fairytale of New York by The Pogues?
(If you dont know them, Alexa play me….or YouTube, but would she play them?) *yells at Alexa*

8. Does Auld Lang Syne make you kind of sad? sometimes

9. Will you be glad to see 2018 go? YES (but I need more time before it does)

10. Charlie Brown Christmas or The Grinch Who Stole Christmas? grinch

11. Choose two words to define your 2019. no deadlines

12. It’s the 21st are you here in pjs watching elf?
If so eating or drinking what? I’m probably writing but I’ll pop in

If I asked these before…..well
…..*shrug*

Maryse November 25, 2018 at 9:57 PM

I love these bev!!!

LOL! And I still haven’t seen that movie… ;)

1. Candy canes. Do you savor them or crunch them? I want to savor them, but I crunch everything no matter what. I have no patience. *sigh*

2. Ginger cookies or sugar cookies? Ginger!!!

3. Best holiday scent? “autumn leaves” (Yankee Candle) or Bath and Body Works “Vanilla Bean Noel” or Peppermint Twist.

4. As a child was it presents on Christmas eve or day? One present on Christmas Eve before bed… presents Christmas morning. Happy days!

5. Anything you really want this year? This really pretty Victoria’s Secret “corset tunic” that is so feminine with a black corset ribbon down the back.

6. If you could would you live in the cottage from The Holiday? I don’t know what The Holiday is but YES!!!! I love cottages and log cabins and forests.

7. River by Joni Mitchell or Fairytale of New York by The Pogues?
(If you dont know them, Alexa play me….or YouTube, but would she play them?) Have to youtube them…. brb.

8. Does Auld Lang Syne make you kind of sad? Er… i dunno?

9. Will you be glad to see 2018 go? No. It was a great year. Best year in years, in fact.

10. Charlie Brown Christmas or The Grinch Who Stole Christmas? Grinch. But I’d choose Elf over all of them.

11. Choose two words to define your 2019. Abundant and fulfilling

12. It’s the 21st are you here in pjs watching elf?
If so eating or drinking what? Eating buffalo chicken wings with blue cheese dressing and having a dirty martini.

If I asked these before…..well
…..*shrug*

bev November 25, 2018 at 10:13 PM

Maryse watch it. It’s not my favorite but it’s a solid movie and the cottage is EVERYTHING. Lol. Seriously watch it for the house.

R. Renee November 25, 2018 at 10:41 PM

I LOVE that movie!!

Amy November 26, 2018 at 1:13 AM

Oooh goodie!!! *claps hands excitedly* I love bev questions! AND reading everyone’s answers. ;)

1. Candy canes. Do you savor them or crunch them?
Savor ‘em until the stripes are gone then crunch ‘em.

2. Ginger cookies or sugar cookies?
Sugar…for decorating!

3. Best holiday scent?
A combo of orange, clove, cinnamon, vanilla, and a hint of pine. Yes, I have a simmer recipe for it.

4. As a child was it presents on Christmas eve or day?
One present from the stocking Christmas Eve and the rest the next morning.

5. Anything you really want this year?
A blush-colored peacoat. I’m obsessed with peacoats but don’t yet have that color. Btw…va-va-VOOM Maryse, LOL!!!

6. If you could would you live in the cottage from The Holiday?
Never seen it but cottages are usually adorable so…yes.

7. River by Joni Mitchell or Fairytale of New York by The Pogues?
(If you dont know them, Alexa play me….or YouTube, but would she play them?)
I’ll have to look them up…

8. Does Auld Lang Syne make you kind of sad?
More nostalgic, if anything.

9. Will you be glad to see 2018 go?
No, it hasn’t been a bad year at all. :)

10. Charlie Brown Christmas or The Grinch Who Stole Christmas?
Grinch!

11. Choose two words to define your 2019.
Endless possibilities.

12. It’s the 21st are you here in pjs watching elf?
If so eating or drinking what?
I am HERE! And I’m eating Christmas cookies and sipping a peppermint mocha martini.

Amy November 26, 2018 at 1:16 AM

bev…you had asked (somewhere, on the other post I think) what we’re all reading. I’m reading Marlena by Julie Buntin. I needed something a little heavier after the unexpected lightness of Rook & Ronin books 1 and 2.

What are you reading?

Maryse November 26, 2018 at 8:47 AM

We need the recipe Amy!!!!! I wanna make my house smell like that! :D

bev November 26, 2018 at 9:10 AM

Amy I love coats I just never buy them. I should excuse the price cause investment piece. But also dry cleaning.
I’ll look at wool pea coats like a kid in a candy store.

In one of my favorite shows the main character had a beautiful pink coat, way longer than I could wear.

I was looking at pink ones last year or the year before, lol.

Nay November 26, 2018 at 9:36 AM

1. Candy canes. Do you savor them or crunch them? Savor IF they’re not peppermint.

2. Ginger cookies or sugar cookies? Sugar

3. Best holiday scent? Fresh cut fir

4. As a child was it presents on Christmas eve or day? Day

5. Anything you really want this year? things to slow down

6. If you could would you live in the cottage from The Holiday? yes

7. River by Joni Mitchell or Fairytale of New York by The Pogues?
(If you dont know them, Alexa play me….or YouTube, but would she play them?) ???

8. Does Auld Lang Syne make you kind of sad? yes

9. Will you be glad to see 2018 go? no–the years are passing WAY too fast

10. Charlie Brown Christmas or The Grinch Who Stole Christmas? Charlie Brown

11. Choose two words to define your 2019. Am Editing

12. It’s the 21st are you here in pjs watching elf?
If so eating or drinking what? I’m here drining pepperming mocha coffee and eating homemade marshmallow fudge

Tessa November 26, 2018 at 12:21 PM

1. Candy canes. Do you savor them or crunch them? Savor. Or else, put them in my coffee for a peppermint coffee

2. Ginger cookies or sugar cookies? Sugar unless it’s the pepperidge farm gingerbread men.

3. Best holiday scent? Cinnamon pine cones

4. As a child was it presents on Christmas Eve or day? One Christmas Eve and the rest the next morning.

5. Anything you really want this year? New Bluetooth speaker. Currently, my speaker is a cheapy from the 99 cent store that dies after two hours.

6. If you could would you live in the cottage from The Holiday? Only if you fix the roof. It’s sagging.

7. River by Joni Mitchell or Fairytale of New York by The Pogues?
(If you don’t know them, Alexa play me….or YouTube, but would she play them?) … Youtube…

8. Does Auld Lang Syne make you kind of sad? Nope. It makes me feel like there’s something happy to look forward to.

9. Will you be glad to see 2018 go? Why not? Not sure? Um… okay?

10. Charlie Brown Christmas or The Grinch Who Stole Christmas? Charlie Brown!

11. Choose two words to define your 2019. No Weddings

12. It’s the 21st are you here in pjs watching elf? Maybe. Not sure if I’ll be able to but i’ll try.
If so eating or drinking what? Hot chocolate with Candy canes melted in it.

Cheryl November 26, 2018 at 9:27 PM

1. Candy canes. Do you savor them or crunch them? Savor, basically suck on them until they are a sharppoint. ;)

2. Ginger cookies or sugar cookies? Sugar!

3. Best holiday scent? Christmas tree and sugar cookies

4. As a child was it presents on Christmas eve or day? Christmas day.

5. Anything you really want this year?

6. If you could would you live in the cottage from The Holiday? I’m with Maryse, I don’t know The Holiday.

7. River by Joni Mitchell or Fairytale of New York by The Pogues?
(If you dont know them, Alexa play me….or YouTube, but would she play them?)

8. Does Auld Lang Syne make you kind of sad? Yes.

9. Will you be glad to see 2018 go? Mixed.

10. Charlie Brown Christmas or The Grinch Who Stole Christmas? Grinch

11. Choose two words to define your 2019. Bittersweet (Daughter will graduate high school, but will also go away to college. Hopeful.

12. It’s the 21st are you here in pjs watching elf? Yes.
If so eating or drinking what? Christmas cookies and wine.