While I finish up a couple of book reviews (Max’s book in Kristen Ashley’s Colorado Series, and Joe’s book in her ‘Burg Series) I though I’d share of few of these VERY TEMPORARY Cyber Monday bargains. There are more where they came from, but these are the ones I’m interested in, and thought you might wanna see. Many of these prices are good only through December 3, 2011.
I’m gonna start off with TWO that I LOVE to death! Absolute deals with these. Ya can’t go wrong, cause these give you all the excitement, adrenaline rushes, and heartache that goes along with that “falling in love” feeling. These are tried and true!
- Love Unscripted by Tina Reber Ryan (uber-famous) and Taryn’s (bartender) love affair really reel you in…
- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire – Travis. Need I say more? I’m sure we already all have this book, but it would make a great gift for those that don’t.
Okay and here are some that have caught my eye 😉
- Where Demons Fear to Tread (The Company of Angels) by
- Double Shot by Christine d’Abo – ummmm… hehe. Again. Need I say more?
- Liberation of Alice Love by Abby McDonald I wanted to read it ’cause the cover was gorgeous, and it looks like a fun chick-lit read. But it’s free, too!!?? YAY!!
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein told from the dog’s perspective but OMG it has over 1000 reviews with a 4.5 star average!!
- Taken (Deception Series #1) by Barbara Freethy
- Love Will Find A Way by Barbara Freethy
- The Look of Love: The Sullivans, Book 1 (Contemporary Romance) by Bella Andre
- Georgia on My Mind by Marie Force
- Everyone Loves a Hero: …and that’s the problem by Marie Force (Dunno if I’m biased ’cause of the cover, but I feel like I need to read this one…)
- Love at First Flight by Marie Force (another from this author with tons of GREAT reviews. They meet on a plane!!!)
- Line of Scrimmage by Marie Force (and another one – this one’s about a hunky Football player!!). Okay well thanks to these bargains, it looks like I’ve just discovered yet another author that’s gonna float my boat! So many of her books seem to have a high approval rate!
- True North by Marie Force – tee hee!! I can’t help it. I think after my Kristen Ashley marathon, I’m gonna embark on Marie Force.
- Cover Me by Catherine Mann —> Military hottie!!
- Heir by Grace Burrowes
And some great looking freebies too (gotta include the free stuff!)
- Entangled by Barbara Ellen Brink
- Mary’s Son: A Tale of Christmas by Darryl Nyznyk
- Heartfire (Search For Love) by Karen Rose Smith
- In the Mood by Ellen Fisher (pretttttty cover…)
- Dark Warrior: To Tame a Wild Hawk (Dark. Cloth Series) by Lenora Wolfe
- A Regency Holiday by multiple authors
- Before the Season Ends (A Regency Inspirational Romance) by Linore Rose Burkard <—– THIS ONE has tons of awesome reviews. I’m not huge on historical romances, but I’m getting this one for sure.
- CALCULATED RISK by Elaine Raco Chase (looks hot!!!)
- That One Night in Vegas by Brindle Chase
Thanks for the shout-out, Maryse! I’ve read most of the Marie Force novels on your list and while I am a fan of hers they all seem to follow the same recipe. One out of the group above that I really enjoyed was Catherine Mann’s “Cover Me”. This one features a sexy hot pararescue jumper dropping into a snowstorm, has a strong lead female, and an intriguing who-done-it mystery plot beyond the “will they/won’t they hook up and get naked” storyline. PS – They totally hook up 🙂 Happy Reading everyone!
Cover Me, huh? Yep. I saw it. Felt like a “must-read” to me 😉 Now I know for sure, cause you and I have very similar book tastes.
I started Kristin Ashley’s book -Frey and Finnies book – I can’t recall the name and finished it in one day, yesterday.
I was googling around to see if her other books were any good when I saw the recommendations on your site.
Thank so much. I’ve heard a lot about Marie Force. Does she write about hot alpha heroes who resemble Kristin Ashley’s heroes?
Talltree! So glad you found me. I just found out about these books a week ago, and have been happily obsessed, since. I’ve read three so far, and show no signs of stopping. I keep getting emails and comments from those who have read her Rock Chick series and a few others, and I’m trying to catch up. So. Who are Frey and Finnies? I’m intrigued!
I’ve not yet read anything from Marie Force but intend on reading one or twoof ’em that have caught my eye, for sure.
To sort of answer Talltree’s question: I’ve read a lot of Marie Force’s books and her men are Alphas but not as gruff. Does that make sense? You get the protective stuff without the “leather wearin’ can kill you with my glare and two fingers” Alpha alpha. I liked the MacCarthys series of hers the best. You get a sense of community with the storylines like you are getting from the townfolk of Carnal and Gnaw Bone, but these folks live on Gansett Island. True North was pretty good too. Got to love hot, rich men. But then the 90% mark makes you want to smack palm to forehead. OK – I just read “Rock Chick” and enjoyed it very much BUT unless I missed something I still don’t know what the heck happened with the diamonds.
And I’m officially recommending Laurann Dohner’s “New Species” series. 4 books with serious Alpha males and heart touching storylines that will make you question how we as humans react to things that are different and outside the norm (segregation, condemnation, and over the top redneck reactions.)
Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland) by Kristen Ashley:
Seoafin “Finnie” Wilde was taught by her parents that every breath was a treasure and to seek every adventure she could find. And she learns this lesson the hard way when they perish in a plane crash. But she never forgets and when she discovers there is a parallel universe where every person hay s a twin, she finds a witch who can send her there so she can have the adventure of a lifetime.
But upon arrival in the Winter Wonderland of Lunwyn, she realizes she’s been played by her twin and finds herself walking down the aisle to be wed to The Drakkar.
Thrown into inauspicious circumstances, with years of practice, Finnie bests the challenges and digs into her adventure. But as Frey Drakkar discovers the woman who is his new wife is not Princess Sjofn, a woman he dislikes but instead, his Finnie, a free-spirit with a thirst for venture just like him, without her knowledge he orders his new bride bound to his frozen world, everlasting.
But at the same time Frey plunges Finnie into a web of political intrigue that includes assassination plots, poison, magic, mystery and… dragons.
VERY hot , lots of fantasy and Finnie is amazing! Frey was wonderful , an alpha who adores and cherishes Finnie.
Loved everything about the book (except 1 tiny thing which bugged me , but I’ll not bore you with it – its nothing that would reduce your enjoyment of this fantasy romance)
@Tina, thanks. I’ll check out the MacCarthys series of this new author for me.
And yes, I second the New species series, Valiant and Fury being my favourites, followed by Slade and Justice. Very readable, engaging .Sexy heroes and likeable heroines.