HISTORICAL ROMANCE/TIME TRAVEL/REINCARNATION LOVERS, REJOICE!!! Look what we have today!! Forever Mine (The Forevermore Series Book 1) is super-bargain priced today (and book #2 – Forever Yours (The Forevermore Series Book 2) – just went LIVE)!!
So to celebrate, the author is today’s newsletter sponsor and she’s sent us a bunch of goodies to tempt us. 😉 I especially love the warnings!!! LOL!!
I LOVE this trope already!!!
So what’s it about?
This book contains a proper English earl, whose frozen heart hides a tortured soul, and a feisty modern-day heroine determined to convince the man she’s not the woman he thinks she is. With an endearing cast of characters this multiple award-winner is guaranteed to make you experience a wide range of emotions.
BLURB (trigger warnings below the blurb)
When a bomb explosion thrusts Victoria Ashton backward in time to 1897, she’s forced to impersonate the Countess of Guildford. Despite Victoria’s attempts to convince the earl she’s not his wife, her counterpart’s infidelity, lies, and ill-tempered personality makes the task almost impossible. Worse, Victoria finds herself falling in love with a man who loathes her. Only when the earl learns to trust her does she realize her future lies in the past. But love always comes at a price, and she must make a painful sacrifice in order for them to be together.
Nicholas Thornhill, Earl of Guildford has been searching for his missing wife for three weeks. Rumors of him being guilty of murder make him unwilling to believe his wife’s latest in a multitude of lies. But the changes in Victoria continuously surprise him. Despite his best intentions, he finds the contempt he once felt for his wife turning into something deeper and stronger. But when danger threatens to separate them forever, he must forge a bond with her that crosses the boundaries of time.
CAVEAT EMPTOR — Please factor the following information into your buying decision.
- This book is a time travel / reincarnation / historical romance. Yes, it does have a HEA, although it’s not necessarily the one some readers want/wanted. The majority of readers enjoyed the ending.
- This book has been compared to Somewhere In Time (Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour) and A Knight In Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux. If you didn’t enjoy and/or hated either or both of those, then dollars to donuts, it is highly unlikely that you will enjoy this book.
- This book is 443 pages because it has TWO story lines throughout the book (Readers say it’s a long book, but a fast, page-turning read).
- For readers who do not enjoy sex scenes, there is 3.75% (16 pgs out of 443) of sexual content in this book. Yes, hot, steaming, naughty, raw open door scenes that might shock or excite depending on the reader, but nonetheless, it’s 16 pages.
- The F-word occurs 34 times in this 443 page book or about 1% of the entire book. Men as a general rule have used the F-word long before the Victorian era, which this book is set in. The difference in usage is that men in the past didn’t use the word in the company of women outside of brothels. Men used it frequently in gentleman’s clubs and outings where well-bred women were not present.Additionally, the F-word is used extensively by women in today’s world (it happens to be the author’s favorite curse). It is not unrealistic for a woman from the future who’s been thrown into the past to use the word during hot, lusty, steamy moments of passion. It happens.In contrast, the author refuses to use the word sh*t as it evokes an image of filth, bodily waste, and the malodorous, fetid aroma of the outhouse at her great-grandfather’s farm as he had no indoor plumbing. The author refused to eat or drink while visiting the farm.
FOREVER MINE Excerpt
“If thank you isn’t in your wife’s vocabulary, and I refuse to let you call me Vickie, how much of a leap is it to accept that I’m Victoria Ashton, not your countess?”
“An impossible one.” The impassive, unyielding mask had returned to his face. “I admit your performance is quite remarkable, but I doubt I’ll ever be convinced you’re anyone other than my wife.”
“What would it take to convince you?”
The quiet sincerity and frustration in her voice seemed to touch a nerve in him. A strange look crossed his face, and he closed the distance between them. Victoria struggled to keep her pulse under control as his quizzical gaze warmed her skin. With a swift movement, he captured her chin in his strong fingers, his thumb tracing the fullness of her bottom lip. The unexpected caress made her quiver as her heart pounded a fierce rhythm inside her.
“I wonder,” he murmured, almost as though speaking his thoughts aloud. Mesmerized by his hooded gaze, anticipation sent a delicious warmth racing through her body. She licked her lips and drew in a quick breath as the earl’s head descended toward her mouth.
The instant his lips met hers, a wave of desire swept her out into the depths of a sea she’d never swum in before. Fire blazed its way through her limbs, and she trembled with an unexpected need.
Base instinct took control as she returned his kiss, her tongue teasing his lips apart until it danced with his. The growl reverberating in his chest sent a frisson tingling through her as she pressed her body into his. God, her knees were actually rubbery from his kiss. None of the other men she’d dated had ever made her feel wobbly like this.
Warm hands pushed the sleeves of her gown downward until she heard a soft ripping sound. The sleeves fell away from her arms, and the gown’s bodice fell to her waist. A low moan rose in her throat as his hand caressed the top of one shoulder before he wrapped his arms around her to pull her tight against him. Their kiss deepened as his tongue mated with hers in a furious dance of desire.
Victoria murmured a protest as his lips slid away from hers to glide down the side of her neck to her shoulder. Lost in the fire of his touch, she didn’t realize he’d undone the laces of her corset until his mouth caught the tip of her breast in his mouth. She shuddered as he sucked on her nipple then gently bit down on it before swirling his hot tongue around the hard peak.
An ache latched itself to her insides, and she realized she was wet between her thighs. The heat melting through her tugged another moan from her, and her hands slid through the black thickness of his hair. Oh God, she wanted him. She wanted him now. On the floor, on the bed, she didn’t care, as long as he eased the intense longing clutching the lower half of her body.
He’d not changed out of his riding clothes, and her hand slid downward across his chest to his erection. It was hard and thick beneath his breeches. A dark rumble sounded in his throat as she stroked him through the fawn-colored material. Trembling with a frightening need for him, Victoria uttered a soft cry as a shudder rippled through her, and she recognized it for the small climax it was.
GOLD MEDAL Readers’ Favorite International Book Awards;
BRONZE MEDAL Winner, IPPY Awards
USA Today HEA Blog Must-Read
Universal Buy Link: http://www.books2read.com/FMS1
About the author:
Monica Burns is a bestselling author of spicy historical and paranormal romance. She penned her first romance at the age of nine when she selected the pseudonym she uses today. Her historical book awards include the 2011 RT BookReviews Reviewers Choice Award and the 2012 Gayle Wilson Heart of Excellence Award for Pleasure Me. She’s also the recipient of the 2015 GOLD MEDAL Readers’ Favorite International Book Awards, 2016 Bronze Medal IPPY Awards, and USA Today HEA Blog 2015 Must-Read for FOREVER MINE.
Her paranormal romance awards include the prestigious 2011 PRISM Best of the Best award for Assassin’s Heart. From the days when she hid her stories from her sisters to her first completed full-length manuscript, she always believed in her dream despite rejections and setbacks. A workaholic wife and mother, Monica is a survivor who believes every hero and heroine deserves a HEA (Happily Ever After), especially if she’s writing the story.
Social Media Connections
Universal Social Media Link For Monica — https://monicaburns.net/connect
- Goodreads Friend Me — https://monicaburns.net/gadd
- Goodreads Follow Me — https://monicaburns.net/gfollow
- BookBub — https://bookbub.com/authors/monica-burns
- Newsletter — http://monicaburns.net/newsletter
- Facebook — http://monicaburns.net/readergroup
- Website — http://www.monicaburns.com
- Tiktok — https://www.tiktok.com/@authormonicaburns
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/monicaburnsauthor/
- Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/monicaburns/