Happy Friday the 13th!! It’s kind of like we have a two Halloweens back to back. Well okay… no ’cause I doubt anyone will be going trick or treating or dressing up today, but!! I bet a bunch will be indulging in the scary movies or books today, so you know I couldn’t help myself. I had to find us just a couple of “scary” finds for the list.
And for those that aren’t into the scary stuff… there are PLENTY that are right up our love story alley! 😀
ALSO!! I just want to say YAY and you guys are AWESOME to both of our fellow readers, Tessa and Grey, because we just found out they are participating in the “NaNaWriMo” writing competition!
Tessa: I just do Nanowrimo for the challenge.
fabi: I can’t even imagine entering a writing challenge. That’s really pretty awesome Tessa. You should share with us… I did a bit of research on NanoWriMo today. Apparently, its a group move to write a novel in one month. November. It’s seems like an awesome opportunity for writers to colab and communicate. I know several of the authors I follow on Twitter are participating. —Tessa still blows my mind.—
bev: So, Tessa & Grey are the two of you authors and not telling us?
Grey: Well… I write, therefore I’m an author, I guess *sheepish grin* … This is my 3rd year in a row doing NaNaWriMo, I’ve won both years so far, nervous about this year, but hopefully I’ll be able to pull it out *heads out of the gutter, naughties*. But I will say, it’s unbelievably hard, *oh, did I mention, my work is definitely intended for mature audiences haha!*! Anyway… 50k words in 30 days… Even to someone as verbose as myself, it’s…intense!
fabi: Grey! *thud* *dies* Seriously woman?! You just now think to tell us you’re an author? Are you going to share your work with us? *eyes bugging out* *dying, dying, dying* You’ve WON NaNoWriMo two years in a row!!! — that’s it, I can’t talk to you anymore, I’m completely tongue tied and star struck.
Cheryl: Grey-congrats on your writing success!
bev: Tessa and Grey (who WON NanoWriMo the last two years!!!) ugh ugh ugh dying dying dying Here I’ve been talking to them without even knowing. *drops face on desk*
Amy: Grey, really?!? You won two years in a row? (note to self: look up Nanow- however it’s spelled) That is amazing, Grey! I am so excited for you and Tessa and what you two are doing this month with writing.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Cruel & Beautiful by A.M. Hargrove & Terri E. Laine <— JUST RELEASED HOCKEY PLAYER MED STUDENT & HIS COLLEGE STUDENT BLIND DATE (sounds like it will be ANGSTY!!) They go on a blind date and… “he shows her just what a future with him would hold. Only life has other plans. The unthinkable happens and everything begins to shatter. Both in too deep, they will have to fight the cruel and hang onto the beautiful.”
- Tethered Bond (Holly Woods Files, #3) by Emma Hart <— JUST RELEASED!
- Finn Beckett: Rockers of Steel by MJ Fields <— JUST RELEASED!!! ROCK STAR ALERT AT ROCK BOTTOM BUT THAT SEES THE LIGHT and then… “Hours before my dream comes to fruition, though, I run into a girl, one f’ing girl, and I am back on the path of destruction” OH NO!!!
- Ride Trilogy Book 2: MMA Fighter New Adult Romance by Jayne Blue <— JUST RELEASED MMA FIGHTER ALERT! “…the second book in a steamy MMA fighter romance series with a possessive alpha male and a young heroine fighting for her life.”
- Twisted Perception (Flawed Book 2) by T.L Smith <— JUST RELEASED!! She runs a male escort service…? “I’m a trafficker. I traffic gorgeous young men for my clients. The lonely old women whose husbands are more than likely off cheating on them. You’re not going to like me; I’m not going to lie. I’m a bitch, a manipulator, the type of girl your mother warned you about…”
- Thunder Rolls: Episode 8 (Rising Storm) by Dee Davis <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Quiet Lies by R.L. Griffin <— JUST RELEASED PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!! “I hate myself most days. I hate that I feel for him as much as I loathe who I’ve become with him. This story is hard to hear. You know what the worst part is? You’ll see part of you in me. You’ll hate that. You won’t tell anyone. My story is about cracks. A description or telling of how cracks in a marriage, a life, a personality, a heart and a mind begin and continue for years without anyone knowing.“
- The Truth About Love by Emma Nichols <— JUST RELEASED! MARRIAGE TROUBLES ALERT! “Nina and Shane are already married and have a special needs baby. Life isn’t the fairy tale she imagined. Their happily ever after has never seemed so far away. Then one October, everything falls apart…“
- Paper Dolls (Falling Paper, #1) by Ketley Allison <— JUST RELEASED! SHE’S ANGRY & HER ROOMMATE PROVIDES THE PERFECT UNDERGROUND LURE... “…all Scarlet wants to do is to rebel against the life that betrayed her and her roommate provides the perfect lure… Scarlet awakens when she enters the New York City underground, where vice and fortunes thrive.“
- Voyeur by Christine Alvarez <— JUST RELEASED M/M ROMANCE! HE HATES HIS FATHER... “I’ve turned into a monster – sitting in the shadows of another’s pleasure, lurking just out of sight, getting off as a silent spectator. This is who I have become. This is who you left to run your company. This is who is sitting at your desk…” but someone knows he can be happy again. “He has so much faith in me – too much faith in me. He cannot see what I won’t show him and I’m scared if I do, he will run…”
- Pointe of Breaking by Sarah J. Pepper & Amy Daws <— FAMOUS BALLERINA AND HER VERY SCANDALOUS AFFAIR… “Our scandalous rendezvous is plastered all over NYC’s tabloids. Because of my status in Manhattan, now I’ve dragged her into the limelight. My ex will stop at nothing to tear us apart.”
- The Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee Smith <— MIND BLOWING SCI-FI/DYSTOPIAN ALERT!! My friend Sali is going CRAZY for this author!! She says: “If you’re in a psy fy-ish sort of mood, take a little look at this author!!! Don’t know who they are … Make/female etc lol but OMG the character development & world building is MIND BLOWING!!!!! The Last Hour of Ghan was also amazing!!!! Anyway. Just thought I would share the psyfy/distopian love with U lol… absolutely blew me away!!! Seriously Maryse….. There is something really special in this authors writing & I don’t say that lightly “
- Heat by R. Lee Smith <— SUPER DARK READ BY SAME AUTHOR ALERT! It’s back on the list ’cause I HAVE heard of this author dueto THIS book that I’ve had by her for a few years now that has been SO OFTEN recommended, and is still being recommended today! In fact… Chrissy is my latest adamant recommendation for this one! “Heat by r Lee Smith is sooo good and cannot find anything like it. It is a long book and it is not for everyone! but I loved it. I seriously could not put it down. I wonder because of the way it ended if there will be a second book? R Lee Smith is an amazing author I am reading a book now by him called The The last hour of Gann, not alot of sexual content like Heat by a great story. “
- The Bazaar of Bad Dreams: Stories by Stephen King <— STEPHEN KING LATEST RELEASE ALERT! JUST RELEASED a few days ago and I MISSED IT! A collection of his short stories (many are new!) and it sounds typical Stephen King awesomeness! “There are thrilling connections between stories; themes of morality, the afterlife, guilt, what we would do differently if we could see into the future or correct the mistakes of the past. “Afterlife” is about a man who died of colon cancer and keeps reliving the same life, repeating his mistakes over and over again. Several stories feature characters at the end of life, revisiting their crimes and misdemeanors. Other stories address what happens when someone discovers that he has supernatural powers—the columnist who kills people by writing their obituaries in “Obits;” the old judge in “The Dune” who, as a boy, canoed to a deserted island and saw names written in the sand, the names of people who then died in freak accidents. In “Morality,” King looks at how a marriage and two lives fall apart after the wife and husband enter into what seems, at first, a devil’s pact they can win.“
- After We Fall: A dark, gripping psychological thriller by Emma Kavanagh <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT! Sounds pretty crazy! “Four people, who have never met but are permanently linked by these disasters, will be forced to reveal the closely guarded secrets that unlock the answers to these questions. But once the truth is exposed, it may cause even more destruction.”
- The Rockstar Series Box Set by Anne Mercier <— ROCK STAR ALERT! Athena HIGHLY recommends this series! “…hands down my all time favorite.. There are 4 books and 1 novella in the series so far and the next book should be released any time this month.. The series I’m gushing about is the Rockstar Series by the ever talented Anne Mercier.. Gaaaahhhhh when I found this series lets just say I read that book in a day and was left wanting more, which luckily I was not left wanting more for too long.. You learn about the alpha bad boys of the band Falling Down and can I say if they were a real band I would def be a groupie. The series starts with Jesse Kingston front man for the band reuniting with Luciano Russo famous academy award winner actress wanting to follow her real dream and be a rockstar herself.. This series has some tears, feels and laughs.. You will fall in love with each character and I can’t wait for the next book to come out..”
- Promises to Keep by Ann Tatlock <— SHE’S ON THE RUN TO PROTECT HER CHILDREN ALERT! Sounds fantastic!! “A mother fleeing unspeakable danger to keep her children safe… Two young girls guarding secrets in a “cross my heart and hope to die” pledge… A father desperate to be reunited with his family…“
- Evolve Series Box Set by S.E. Hall <— THE WHOLE SERIES bundled!
- Bridge of Scarlet Leaves by Kristina Mcmorris <— SOUNDS INTENSE and it’s a WARTIME HISTORICAL ALERT! It’s also listed as a psych-thriller and it’s only $2.51 today! “When her husband is interned at a war relocation camp, Maddie follows, sacrificing her Juilliard ambitions. Behind barbed wire, tension simmers and the line between patriot and traitor blurs. As Maddie strives for the hard-won acceptance of her new family, Lane risks everything to prove his allegiance to America, at tremendous cost.“
- WITHER (THE WITHERED SERIES Book 1) by Amy Miles <— Amy is enjoying this one and describes it in her signature *snort-worthiness* LOL!! “Holy moly!!! There is no easing into the story with Wither…it starts off with a bang while we are still trying to get to know the h, but it’s working and I like it! Wham, bam, screw you ma’am. That about sums up the opening scene for me. Except there is no actual screwing. And the wham-bam is literal. But not in the sexy time sense. I’m pretty darn eloquent, right? *snort*“
- The Queen (The Original Sinners Book 8) by Tiffany Reisz <— This one made Grey cry!! “I just finished The Queen by Tiffany Reisz…. and I’m crying. Yeah… talk about a sap, I need Manny and a blankie fort and a glass of wine stat… yes, I realize that it is 10am, and a Wednesday, but it’s a holiday here in the US and I’m off today… and… it’s the end of the Original Sinners series, and… and… and. I’m sad girls …Major book hangover.”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
Michelle says: “My new attempt to listen to one book and read another is getting me through more books with my work schedule. My commuting goes faster with an audiobook playing too.”
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah <— MichelleF loved this one! “I also listened to the Nightingale audio book a few months ago. It’s beautifully written and quite moving. The story really demonstrates how crucial women were during WWII and showcases their enduring strength and bravery.”
- The Girl in 6E by A.R. Torre <— Cheryl is listening to this one! “I started listening to The Girl in 6E and I’m so amazed at how different this is from anything else Alessandra Torre has written. It’s very erotic and eerie and disturbing. I put off starting it waiting for book 3 to be released, although her website says books 1 & 2 do not have CH and are considered standalones. I think listening gives an added edge because the romance has basically been nil to non-existent so far. Can’t wait to see where this goes with the next two books. “
- That Boy by Jillian Dodd <— Cheryl found us this super deal and loves it! “I recommend listening to That Boy. Hearing it makes it so much more funny!!”
- Promises to Keep by Ann Tatlock <— the Kindle version is on super-sale today, and the audio version is super cheap too!
PRE-ORDERS (next few days…!!!):
- Emeralds (All That Glitters Book 3) by K.A. Linde – November 16th 2015
- Crush (The Tainted Love Duet Book 2) by Kim Karr – November 16th 2015
- Appealed by Emma Chase – November 17th 2015
- Some Sort of Crazy (Natalie and Miles): A Happy Crazy Love Novel by Melanie Harlow – November 17th 2015
- To the Stars: A Thatch Novel by Molly McAdams – November 17th 2015
- Monster Prick (An Older Brother’s Best Friend Romance) by Kendall Ryan – November 17th 2015
- Some Sort of Crazy (Natalie and Miles): A Happy Crazy Love Novel by Melanie Harlow – November 17th 2015
- Perfectly Imperfect by Harper Sloan – November 17th 2015
- Pia Does Hollywood (Elder Races) by Thea Harrison – November 17th 2015
- Tricky Twenty-Two: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich – November 17th 2015
- Evan Arden: The Complete Boxed Set by Shay Savage – November 18th 2015 for the whole bundle and I LOVED THEM!!!
- Command (Storm MC #7) by Nina Levine – November 18th 2015
- Hearts of Blue by L.H. Cosway <— November 19th 2015
- Endure (Evolve Series #4) by S.E. Hall <— November 24th 2015
- Defenseless by Corinne Michaels – January 19th 2016
- Enshrine by Chelle Bliss – January 26th 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).