HAPPY ALMOST HALLOWEEN!! Probably already Halloween for most of us, since so many dress up for work and school. Yep, this Halloween is so much cooler ’cause we actually get TWO days of Halloween. 😀 Speaking of which… I’ve posted a few horror books amongst our latest book finds! I know… not everyone loves the scary stuff, but I just can’t resist my awesome-halloween mood, and the thrill I get from some of these scary blurbs.
But! Never fear!! There are plenty of romances and sexy alpha males to choose from, below. Actually, most “finds” are love stories, as that is always my favorite. I LOVE love. Plus some married couple troubles (love troubles in books are fun too) AND a few pregnancy *oopses*! LOL! 😀
What I’m reading right now? Room: A Novel by Emma Donoghue, ’cause it sounds just creepy enough for my Halloween mood, and Lisa and Allison both recommend it!
Lisa: Oh my goodness Maryse. Room is an amazing book. At times I had to put it down and walk away to catch my breath. A child’s POV saves it from becoming unbearably dark I think. Its not one you can forget that’s for sure.
Allison: Room was very heavy. I read it probably not long after it came out and it stayed with me. It’s one of those books. It will always be with me. I hear a huge kidnapping story in the news, like Elizabeth Smart or those 4 young girls that were kept together, and I don’t know. I just look at those stories through different eyes since reading Room. Such an amazing, well-written book.
But first, I’m gonna highlight the most recommended book of the week. Walk Through Fire (Chaos) by Kristen Ashley —> And I MEAN it sounds like EVERYONE is loving this and like it’s pure “old-school” Kristen Ashley magic. So if you haven’t read it yet, or were waiting for reviews, it appears this one is proven tried and true and PERFECT for us!!
Barbara: “Finished Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley today.. I can’t even begin anything else right now. This book was her best yet! Loved it!”
Sara: I thought so too 🙂 made me cry through so many parts… Walk Through Fire! OMG crazy good
Kimmie: Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley and it sooooo good. And the Feels!!!!!!
Linda: Just finished Walk Through Fire by KA. Never disappointed but “one event” would have made it perfect. Was sooooo hoping.
Stephanie: Once you get through about 30% of book, it really picks up. Very rough at the beginning but if Millie can forgive the way High treats her during that time then I guess I can, although he was very bad.
Ela: READING WALK THROUGH FIRE AND OH GOD THE FEELS! MY HEART IS BREAKING AND MY EYES ARE SWEATING BIG! I’M ALREADY DREADING THE ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Niki: I agree Ela!!! Stayed up till 4 am because I started Walk through Fire last night…at 20% right now and it hurts!!!
Bethany: Finished Walk Through Fire and haven’t wanted to start anything else yet. It was a perfect read for me. Made me laugh, cry (a lot), and love!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Marley: A Carnage Novel. by Lesley Jones <— JUST RELEASED!!! LIVE TODAY!!! Remember how much of a tearjerker #1 (Carnage) was?
- Baking and Babies (Chocoholics #3) by Tara Sivec <— JUST RELEASED!!! AN *OOPS* PREGNANCY… and she’s crushing on her “sugar-cookie-smelling pastry instructor Marco…”
- Masters for Life (Masters Saga Book 2) by Ginger Voight <— JUST RELEASED! “They were two completely different people from two completely different worlds. Within two weeks they were married, for better or worse.”
- Too Many Rock Stars (Access All Areas Book 1) by Candy J Starr <— JUST RELEASED ROCK STAR LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT! “…what a bunch of screwed up, egotistical jerks they are. Some of them might seem okay at first but that’s just because they’ve learnt to hide it better than others…”
- Moment of Truth (Summer House Series Book 3) by Lisa Mondello <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Take the Storm: Episode 6 (Rising Storm) by Rebecca Zanetti <— JUST RELEASED!!
- On the Rocks (Vagabonds Book 3): (New Adult Rock Star Romance) by Jade C. Jamison <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Resentment by Nicole London <— JUST RELEASED!! HER EX IS CRUEL & HE’S COLD ALERT! “I’ve been fine without him. I haven’t missed his cruelty, his coldness and his spite. And after the ugliest breakup in the history of breakups, I forced myself to move on. Year by year, the feelings I had for him slowly drifted away, but one encounter with him recently changed everything.“
- Sudden Desires: Sweet Promise #1 (Sweet Promise Series) by Shanora Williams <— JUST RELEASED!! MARITAL TROUBLE & HIS TEMPTATION ALERT! He’s married & neglected by his wife… “…there is only so much rejection a man can take before he finally just… gives into temptation.“
- Nex (Steele Brothers #2) by Cheryl Douglas <— JUST RELEASED!! On her own for the first time… “when a sexy bar patron offers to take her home, she considers getting a little crazy for once.”
- Sabin, A Seven Novel by A.M. Hargrove <— JUST RELEASED SCI-FI ROMANCE ALERT!! Their mission… “…find and protect Judgment Day (a weapon of mass destruction that poses as a harmless necklace) and the ones who possess it at all costs; and never, under any circumstances, divulge information about ourselves. I have always complied with this code. Until Serena Callahan, a sassy, no-nonsense female, found the damn choker, and now I’m the one being choked by my own emotions.“
- Guarded – A Bad Boy MC Romance by Michaela Adams <— EX-MILITARY NOW BODY GUARD FOR FAMOUS STARLET BEING STALKED! “Rowan Matthews, former Green Beret and ex-member for the Black Wings Motorcycle Club, is now the new personal bodyguard for Jessa Blair. Not a Hollywood native, he expects to meet a vapid and narcissistic starlet. But what he finds instead is a brave and charismatic woman who has perfected the false smile to cover up her hidden wounds and pains…“
- BAD WICKED TWISTED: A Briarcrest Academy Box Set (Books 1-4 + Bonus Chapters)by Ilsa Madden-Mills <— SERIES BUNDLED
- Roommates by Erin Leigh <— THEY ARE ROOMMATES ALERT! HOCKEY PLAYER? Sounds like fun!! “…when an innocent mistake lands them as roommates, neither of them is prepared for the feelings they have or the consequences of their actions…“
- Need To Love You (The Love Series, Book Six) by Megan Smith <— JUST RELEASED MARITAL TROUBLE! “Jackson Cahill thought he did the right thing by marrying his pregnant girlfriend just out of high school. Lately he’s been feeling restless in his marriage. One late night of drinking turns his life upside down but it just doesn’t end there. Jackson’s got himself in a real mess.”
- Seized by Love (Love in Bloom: The Ryders, Book 1): Blue Ryder by Melissa Foster <— JUST RELEASED!
- Out of The Blue (‘Bama Boys) by Carina Adams <— JUST RELEASED! EX MILITARY BODY GUARD TO A HUGELY FAMOUS COUNTRY STARLET! “By nineteen, he was a father, a husband and fighting in a war not many people believed in. After an accident ended his career and his life fell apart, he filled his days keeping screaming fans from reaching the most famous country rock star in the world. And, pining after a woman who would never love him. Then, everything changed…“
- Bleeding Heart by A.M. Hartnett <— JUST RELEASED! SEXY NEW TATTOOED LANDLORD ALERT! “Out from under her parent’s thumb and on her own for the first time, April wants to try out some bad habits, and getting sweaty with her gorgeous tattooed landlord seems like a good way to start…“
- Crawlspace <— CREEPY CRAWLY BOOK DEAL! This one has a chilling blurb… “One day, when the oil man, Richard, is refilling their furnace, Alice invites him to dinner, never suspecting that a casual act of charity will lead to a horrifying, morbid discovery in the crawlspace underneath their beloved house…“
- The Exorcist: 40th Anniversary Edition by William Peter Blatty <— SUPER-HORROR SALE OF THE DAY ALERT! This is my absolute FAVORITE horror story of all time. I watched this movie over and over again (at least 10 times!) and am still terrified by it’s creepiness. And yes, I read the paperback wayyyyyyy back when I was about… I dunno? 9? 12? years old. LOL!!! On sale. I totally just one clicked it. and Lauren agrees with my childhood horror-fancy! “Nothing wrong with that. I was 9 when I read Salem’s Lot. And The Godfather when I was 10. I would sneak into my parent’s room & grab books off their nightstand.“
- Let the Right One In: A Novel by John Ajvide Lindqvist <— VAMPIRE HORROR/AWESOME MOVIE ALERT, so I can imagine that this book is even better!! If you like the creepy, this is a must-click! (here’s my Movie Review – Let the Right One In)
- The Vixen and the Vet (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery <— SUPER-FAVORITE RECLUSE ROMANCE!! of so many of our fellow readers! “After an IED explosion in Afghanistan took Asher’s hand and disfigured half of his face, he’s lived a quiet life on the outskirts of Danvers where the locals respect his privacy…that is, until Savannah Carmichael comes calling in a borrowed sundress with a plate of homemade brownies…“
- Unteachable by Leah Raeder <— MUCH LOVED STUDENT TEACHER ROMANCE ALERT! Amy found us this one! “Unteachable by Leah Raeder…REALLY good teacher-student read. “
- The Realm of You: A Novel by Amanda Richardson <— BLURB-JOLT ALERT!! I had a big blurb jolt from this recent release and made it one of my main highlights on the list. Jackie gave it a go and has come back to us to say she loved it!! “This was a great find on your blog… This was on the new releases, it was the best book! Loved it” and Samantha agrees! “I am 55% into The Realm of You and it’s really an interesting book. Very different, but oh so good!!!!”
- This Much Is True – Book 1 (Truth In Lies) by Katherine Owen <— Cheryl recommends this one! “I finally started This Much Is True (Truth In Lies series) by Katherine Owen, that I have had on my tbr list forever, because the last book in the series finally was released. It is sooo good. My tummy is in knots. The angst level is reminiscent of Thoughtless, wondering how this is going to work out. It says book 1 and 2 can be read as standalones, but it is recommended that you read them in order. I haven’t read the blurb for book 2, so not sure if it follows the same MC’s.“
And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- The Girl with All the Gifts by M. R. Carey <— Di-Ann is loving this! “Listening to the Girl with all the gifts on audible and it is so good. Great narration!!!“
PRE-ORDERS (next few days…!!!):
- Sweet Nothing: A Novel by Jamie McGuire & Teresa Mummert – November 1st 2015
- The Game Plan (Game On Series Book 3) by Kristen Callihan <— November 1st 2015
- Cam Girl by Leah Raeder <— November 3rd 2015
- Dominated (The Enforcers) by Maya Banks – expected release date November 3rd 2015
- One King’s Way: The On Dublin Street Series by Samantha Young – November 3rd 2015
- Tough Enough (Tall, Dark, and Dangerous) by M. Leighton – November 3rd 2015
- Burn It Up: A Desert Dogs Novel by Cara McKenna – November 3rd 2015
- Untamed (A Thoughtless Novel) (Anna and Griffin’s book) by S.C. Stephens – expected release date November 3rd 2015
- Born of Betrayal (A League Novel) by Sherrilyn Kenyon – November 3rd 2015
- Mind Magic (Lupi) by Eileen Wilks – November 3rd 2015
- Hard Beat: A Driven Novel by K. Bromberg – November 3rd 2015
- Coup De Grâce (Code 11- KPD SWAT Book 7) by Lani Lynn Vale – November 4th 2015
- Evan Arden: The Complete Boxed Set by Shay Savage <— November 18th 2015 for the whole bundle and I LOVED THEM!!!
- It Ends with Us: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— August 2nd 2016 – NEW ONE FROM COLLEEN HOOVER!!
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).