It’s another day of reader recommendations and big book love, and even though we seem to all have a ton of books in our readers, we still want help picking “which one” (old or new!). Me too… I’m right there with you guys.
Case in point:
bev: I’m not sure it is exactly what I’m in the mood for now. I keep thinking of when I first read At Peace. That is what I want. Not a KA but that feeling of being immediately hooked and falling into the story. Maybe finding something a bit different. I just remembered this was when everyone was calling these books crack.
Amy: I miss being in book-love, too. It doesn’t seem to happen as often anymore…kind of like when I binged on YA and “grown up” PNR a few years ago, and then after a while that genre lost its magic for me. I guess that’s why it’s good to mix it up, right?
Maryse: Yeah… I find I can put them down more often than I’d like to. I miss my utter freak-out book-love-fog of Sweet Dreams and Beautiful Disaster and Thoughtless and a few others that had me forced to put them down because of work, and barely able to function because I was in book-love. LOL!!!!
Jean: I think I need angst or craziness or different genre or just some hot sex…..lol! As you can see, I’m undecided! I want that kind of book you and Maryse were talking about…..can’t put down, can’t wait to get back to it, and the flutters in my tummy!! Any suggestions? I should be picking from one of the 950 I have downloaded…..
Amy: Jean…go back to Maryse’s I’ll-never-forgive-you post! THAT will give you some ideas.
So we’ll consider that one the first BIG recommendation of the day… but maybe there’s one calling you below? OR maybe some of you have an ABSOLUTE tried-and-true recommendation for us?
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
JUST RELEASED!!!! SURPRISE!!!
- One Day Soon by A. Meredith Walters <— ONCE SO CLOSE AS CHILDREN BUT EVENTUALLY SEPARATED… “I found him again, years after believing I had lost him forever. And in cold, resentful eyes, I saw the heart of the man who had been everything when I had nothing at all. So I vowed to hold onto the second chance that was stolen from the children we had been…“
- Dawn of Forever (Jack & Jill Series Book 3) by Julie E. Ann <— TRILOGY FINALE ALERT!!! Shirley is excited!!! “Maryse, Dawn Of Forever by Jewel E Ann was released today. This is the final book of her trilogy. It already has 41 reviews and they are all 5 stars!! Seriously, this is the best series!! You all have to read it!!” and marina agrees! “Dawn of Forever is the final book! Woo-hoo!!! Can’t wait!!!”
- The Perfect Life by Erin Noelle <— SOUNDS INTENSE! “From the outside looking in, it was impossible to find a single flaw in my life. I had it all. Everything I’d ever wanted. But that kind of perfection came at a price. Demanded the ultimate sacrifice.“
- Out of Focus (Chosen Paths) by L.B. Simmons <— THAT BLURB SOUNDS LIKE IT WILL HURT… (might have triggers)
- Carpe Diem by Rae Matthews <— YOUNG WIDOW ALERT! They got married young, and had a baby, and didn’t get to do all of the things they planned on, but they were happy. And then he died before he was able to reveal his plans for their 20th anniversary… but “…thanks to his lifelong friendship with Flynn, Jack’s plan was not lost. Jack may not be able to join me on this adventure, but with the help of my friends, I learn what it really means to seize the day.”
- X: The Hard Knocks Complete Story by Michelle A Valentine <— BAD-A$$ WRESTLER SERIES ALL BUNDLED INTO ONE at an AMAZING PRICE!!!!!! Whooooooo!!! Three Books, One Low Price!” and HOLY MOLY she’s not kidding!! “…she accepts a job as the assistant to wrestling’s most notorious bad-boy. Phenomenal X has an animalistic nature that even good girl Anna finds hard to resist. One night forced to share a bed in a sold-out hotel, lines blur between them and they quickly learn that one lustful night changes everything and neither one of them will ever be the same.”
- Beautifully Devoted by Gina Sevani
- Disarmed by M.S. L.R. <— LOVE TRIANGLE? Brothers… “Kaden is the bad boy. He screams sexy and dangerous. He may be every woman’s fantasy but he’s Kyle’s worst nightmare. Kyle is stuck between a rock and a hard place as she learns more about Damian and Kaden.” (P.S. Kyle is the heroine).
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS (and bargain finds!) (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- A Different Blue by Amy Harmon <— MEANINGFUL & POIGNANT READ ALERT! Jean is loving this oldie-but-goodie! “I went back to my TBR and decided to try something I downloaded in 2013. I’m reading A Different Blue by Amy Harmon. Wow you guys! Her writing is just exquisite and her words so meaningful and powerful. Loving it!” and Lisa agrees: “I love, love, love A Different Blue by Amy Harmon. Her BEST book and I’ve read them all!!!!!”
- Release Me (The Stark Trilogy, Book 1) by J. Kenner <— FIFTY FEEL ALERT! Pia LOVED this ENTIRE series! “I just finished the whole Stark and Stark International series by J Kenner – 6 books and 6 novellas. Got that FSOG feeling to them and I loved them. Every single book is a 4,5* for me. I was so sad to leave these characters as I had been part of their lives for so long. Difficult to move on to another book and I needed to find something different.”
- Legend (The REAL series Book 6) by Katy Evans <— FIGHTER ALERT! LisaM loved this recent release! “Last night I finished Legend by Katy Evans!!! Amazing!!! As all Katy’s books!! What awesome series & finale!! So sad it’s all over. So much angst, who is he…….?? I felt sorry for Mav at different parts of the book. Such a love story!!!”
- Beautiful Burn: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Series Book 4) by Jamie McGuire <— MADDOX BROTHER ALERT and now it’s tried & true ’cause LisaM LOVED this recent release!! “I loved Beautiful Burn!!! I know what you are saying about all occurring at the same time but for me it didn’t bother me!! I just had to stop & think & then it all came together!! I love Jamie Mcguire’s writing!!!! What are we going to do now all the Maddox brothers are done & the Real series is done!!!!”
- These Old Shades (Alastair-Audley Book 1) by Georgette Heyer <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE WITH BIG AGE DIFFERENCE!! bev found us this one at a bargain price AND OH BOY is she excited. “Gah!! Is Michelle here? These Old Shades… I love this book. Have been wanting to do a re-read for a long while. I used to read it all the time but been over a decade, maybe. This is a Georgian HR and I loved the MCs. There is a big age difference. Heyer is credited with helping establish the modern HR and hero types. Id LOVE for a br. Though not for everyone. Maryse please add to sales. Pretty please. Rarely on sale & usually like 9.99.”
- Contractual by Alice Tribue <— SHE’S AN ESCORT WITH ONLY ONE CLIENT ALERT! “…he consumes my every thought and I’d rather play my part in his bed than to spend one day without him.” and it’s super bargain-priced today!
- Ten Below Zero by Whitney Barbetti <— TUMULTUOUS READ ALERT! Super-bargain priced today, and Rachel recommends it! “I can definitely recommend it for the feels! It may also make you cry, but it won’t leave you needing a hug or a cocktail.” and Michelle agrees! “I will second Ten Below Zero and have already raved about it on here. It’s a tumultuous read but has a HEA if that pushes anyone to try it…or to chase the scary away..”
- In the Fields by Willow Aster <— EMOTIONAL ALERT! Jean found us this one that is super-bargain priced! “Did anyone ever read In the Fields by Willow Aster? …my clicker finger is twitchy!” and Amy says: “Jean, I loved that book!! Minimal angst but a LOT of emotion, especially from the unfairness of her situation in that time period. I *know* you would love it!”
- Accidentally on Purpose by L.D. Davis <— GUT-TWISTING ANGST ALERT! Amy also recommends this one! “Have you read Accidentally On Purpose? It wasn’t a 5-star read for me, but oh MAN it had some crazy gut-twisting angst!! I had trouble putting that one down. Fair warning, she’s a cheater but she doesn’t come away from it all with no consequences. Honestly, I could compare the angst and feels to Avoiding Commitment.”
- Convenient Strangers by Cara McKenna <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!Pia is loving M/M ROMANCE and recommends these! “I love m/m books though I haven’t read that many. I started with Kele Moon, then moved on to Cara McKenna and Riley Hart. Cara McKenna is my absolute favorite. Have you read Stray Hearts and Convenient Strangers by her? I could need some m/m recommendations – maybe I should try Strong Signal?????“
- Backwoods by Cara McKenna <— CARA MCKENNA ALERT! (We all know I LOVE her risqué romance reads) and Jennifer recommends her M/M romance! “I second the recs for Cara Mckenna’s mm novellas! They were great. Backwoods, Shivaree, and Getaway were really good- Fabi you’ll like them.”
- Strong Signal (Cyberlove Book 1) by Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell <— M/M ROMANCE THAT HAS FABI WRAPPED AROUND IT’S FINGER ALERT! Fabi recommends this recently released M/M romance: “I don’t know what magic trick Hassell uses to bring his characters instantly alive and relatable. I fall in love with every character he writes…. Strong Signal merited a day off from work. It’s been forever since I’ve skipped out due to a book, but these characters have me wrapped around their little fingers and I couldn’t break away for anything. Who else reads mm? Anne? Somebody read Strong Signal and share the love with me. …Gah! It’s so good. … I think it’s about to get heart wrenching. I don’t want it to, but I just know its gonna.“
- Fighting to Forgive (The Fighting Series Book 2) by J.B. Salsbury <— FIGHTER ALERT! Theresa is LOVING this series! “Hey Maryse…just finished the second book in a great MMA fighter series by JB Salsbury. The Fighting Series is absolutely amazing! The first two books, Fighting for Flight and Fighting to Forgive, provide multilayered characters that are beautifully flawed, a rich supporting cast of characters that provide humor and a crazy sense of family and friendship, steamy romance, and of course protective/bada$$ alphas round out this delicious series! Great read from start to finish…looking forward to the next books in the series! Happy reading!“
- Half-Blood : A Covenant Novel by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— Theresa also recommends THIS series! “I just finished the Covenant Series by Jennifer Armentrout!!! It was absolutely amazing…a thrilling ride from the first word to the last! I could not put these books down…written with humor, honesty, and passion…these books had me literally hanging on every word. Introduce yourself to Aiden and Seth if you haven’t done so already…looking forward to reading both the Lux series and the Titan series (continuing Seth’s story).“
- Ricochet by Keri Lake <— THIS IS THE ONE I’m jumping into this weekend!! Dark read and from the recommendations, it sounds awesome. I haven’t read the blurb. 😀 I’m going in blind! Jean: “Glad I could share the news about Ricochet! My girlfriend and I are still talking about it days later! You gotta read it Maryse!” and Pia agrees! “I started Ricochet by Keri Lane and this is just perfect. I am around 80% and I just LOVE this book. So dark and so much angst – just what I needed.”
And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —>Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT AN AH-MAZING PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (over the next few days!! )
- Black Widow by Lauren Runow <— February 23rd 2016 (and Nancy already read it and loved it so she recommends saying: ”it is so good. The only part I was uncomfortable with is the sex scenes at the club with multiple partners, but the story and mystery, so make up for it.”)
- Dirty Ride (Wind Dragons Motorcycle Club) by Chantal Fernando – February 22nd 2016
- Davina (Davy Harwood Series Book 3) by Tijan – February 22nd 2016
- The Ground Rules: Undone (The Rule Breakers Series Book 3) by Roya Carmen – February 23rd 2016
- Runaway Vampire: An Argeneau Novel (Argeneau Vampire) by Lynsay Sands – February 23rd 2016
- Soulless: Lawless Part 2, King Series Book 4 by T.M. Frazier – February 23rd 2016
- The Power: A Titan Novel by Jennifer L. Armentrout – February 23rd 2016
- RYDER (Slater Brothers Book 4) by L.A. Casey – February 23rd 2016
- Chasing You (Love Wanted In Texas Book 5) by Kelly Elliott – February 23rd 2016
- Revenge by Lisa Jackson – February 23rd 2016
- Dance of Desire (1001 Dark Nights) by Christopher Rice – February 23rd 2016
- Bitter Bite (Elemental Assassin Series Book 14) by Jennifer Estep – February 23rd 2016
- Play to Win (Risky Business) by Tiffany Snow – February 23rd 2016
- Unruly: Knights in Black Leather (Southern Wolves Motorcycle Club) by Ronnie Douglas – February 23rd 2016
- Bad Boy (An Indecent Proposal) by J.C. Reed – February 23rd 2016
- Target on Our Backs (Monster in His Eyes Book 3) by J.M. Darhower – February 23rd 2016
- Chasing You (Love Wanted In Texas Book 5) by Kelly Elliott – February 23rd 2016
- Hidden Bodies: A Novel by Caroline Kepnes – February 23rd 2016
- The Confessions: An Original Sinners Collection by Tiffany Reisz – March 15th 2016 <— ROBYN FOUND US THIS ONE!! “Just gonna throw this tantalizing tidbit out that Tiffany Reisz has a new novella coming out centered around her Original Sinners series. It’s called The Confessions. Father Marcus Stearns aka Soren, will be confessing his luscious sins to all of us! ((((Shivers)))). Also, I believe Eleanor will be doing some confessing of her own in this book. This is up for pre-order and will magically appear on my kindle March 15th!! If you haven’t read the Orginal Sinners series you are most definitely missing out. I am so in love with these books.“
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).