Oooooooh it’s Friday the 13th, you guys!!!! And not only that, but a full moon, one, too. I think. Or was that last night? Anyway… it all bleeds into today (even if it was last night) and I bet it’ll look pretty full tonight, so ooooooooooh creeeeeeepy!! There’s undoubtedly a horror-movie marathon calling me tonight. Either way, I’m gonna try and find us a few extra creepy book-bargains (or definite 5-star scary) to add to our usual Friday Finds list. 😀
But… I’m too into my latest book to watch movies. I’m reading a brand spanking new book right now, that’s going live in just a few days (Love in Lingerie by Alessandra Torre) that I’m totally into. I started it at 6:30am, and I’m already halfway in, because I’m just devouring it! And while, at first glance, it has a similar “story line” (rich dominating business man and his new employee), the FEEL and writing and character development, and personal realism is full on Alessandra Torre and I am SO into it. There’s so much story and “living” and other stuff other than sexual tension when it comes to her books, and I always feel like I’m the heroine.
And I have NO idea where it’s going, ’cause I didn’t even read the blurb. I went in completely blind, on the author’s name alone (because I’ve loved everything I’ve read by her, so far!). So as soon as I finish this list, I’m jumping back in.
Now… take a look at what else we found! (NOTE: some are bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Trick by Laramie Briscoe <— LIVE!!!! SHE’S LOOKING FOR A FATHERLY FIGURE FOR HER DAUGHTER & HE’S DOING COMMUNITY SERVICE ALERT!! “The companion program that matches adults up with children who have loneliness and abandonment issues is my last hope. The counselors tell me he’s doing community service hours, and I ask to sit in on his meetings with Riley. The minute I see him astride the matte black Harley, I know neither my nor Riley’s life will ever be the same again...”
- My Peace (The Beautifully Broken series Book 5) by Courtney Cole <— IT’S NOW LIVE!!! COURTNEY COLE ALERT!!! This one is bringing us back to book #1 (remember Pax??!!!) And there is a very honest, personal truth to this book for the author. It’s heartbreaking… P.S. Here’s book #1 ➜ If You Stay (The Beautifully Broken Book 1). About this book, and why it is so personal to her, the author says:
“In 2013, my book, IF YOU STAY sat on the New York Times bestsellers list for twelve straight weeks. Readers fell in love with troubled Pax Tate. For years, I have been asked to write more of his story.
For years, I didn’t want to.
Pax Tate’s character is based on my son, Gunner. His personality traits, his issues with drugs.
I wanted to leave Pax’s story as a fairytale happy ending. But through my journey with my son, I have realized that happy endings must be worked for, and sometimes, they don’t come easy.
MY PEACE is the continuation of Pax Tate’s story.”
- If You Love Me: True love. True terror. True story. by Alice Keale <— LIVE!!! PERFECT RELATIONSHIP TURNS INTO AN ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND ALERT!!! Ugh!!! This one sounds tumultuous, frustrating and panic-attack inducing, and yet I want to read it. “This is the chilling true story of a woman trapped in a devastating relationship as she tries to prove her love – over and over again.”
- Everything in Between: A Rocker Romance by Melissa Toppen <— LIVE!!! ROCK STAR BROKE HER HEART ALERT! “I hate him. I hate everything about him. I hate how he thinks that he can walk back into my life after all this time and I’m just going to melt at his feet. If he thinks his newly found ROCKSTAR status holds any power over me at all, he couldn’t be more wrong. If anything, it makes me hate him more...” (and it can be read as a standalone!!)
- With Us (The Amato Series Book 1) by Layla Frost <— LIVE!!! SHE’S A HOMEBODY & HE’S A WORKAHOLIC “There was nothing Dahlia Kincaid enjoyed more than a good book, a funny movie, and a full night’s sleep. Long workdays meant she rarely had time for any of them, but the sacrifice was worth it to live in the city. It wasn’t until she met a man with model good looks and sexy veined hands that her life changed in ways she’d never even known to dream of…“
- The Sweetest Goodbye (Roadmap to Your Heart, Book 3.5) by Christina Lee <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE BEST FRIENDS ALERT! It can be read as a standalone… “…Billie figures he’s got everything he needs. Everything except the guy he’s been saving himself for, no matter how often Dylan tells him it’s time to move on. After a night out turns into a sexy exchange between the best friends, they pretend like nothing happened. Besides, Billie’s still holding a torch for somebody else, and Dylan has always been a considerable flirt.”
- Love Is Heartless (Love Can’t Book 2) by Kim Fielding <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- The Darkest Ink (Light and Dark Book 1) by Liza Kay <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- Him by Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen <— M/M ROMANCE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! HOCKEY STARS! Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen’s “Him” and “Us” are big time on sale right now!!!
Kathy: I just read Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy. M/M Hockey romance that was so good so if you haven’t read that one yet I would highly recommend it. Feel in love with both male characters!
Jennifer: HIM by Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowmen is amazing. Hockey players.
Virginia: Thanks for alerting us to this GREAT bargain!
Ann-Theres: I LOVED this book!!
- Us (Him Book 2) by Elle Kennedy and Sarina Bowen <— M/M ROMANCE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! And here’s the sequel!!
Teri: I too LOVED HIM. and it was great to have a sequel.
- An Education in Business: A Somerset Novel (Somerset Series Book 3) by Heather C. Myers <— LIVE!!! NEW ADULT SHIFTERS!!!
- The Fisherman’s Widow by Ruby Duvall <— LIVE!! Listed as horror and that cover intrigues me!
- Tripp (Knights Corruption MC Series Book 4) by S. Nelson <— LIVE!!! BIKER BOOK ALERT! “...Barely escaping her past, Reece Kendrick flees across the country and takes the first job she can find, working at a club owned by the Knights Corruption. Vowing to keep her heart guarded, everything changes the moment she sees him. Confused and powerless to stop the dynamic unraveling between them, she becomes enthralled with a stranger…“
- All The Way Home (Way Home Series Book 1) by Kim Mills <— LIVE!! HE COMES HOME AFTER DEPLOYMENT… SHATTERED.
- Flawed by Sara Hubbard <— LIVE!!! GRITTY SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT! He just got out of jail… “I want to go straight and be the man she deserves, but when her brother steals from my criminal uncle, I have no choice but to make a deal with him. I might as well sell my soul; the devil is kinder…“
- The Marriage Lie by Kimberly Belle <— HER HUSBAND HAS BEEN LYING TO HER… PSYCH-THRILLER RECENT RELEASE that I missed the first time around, and OMG!!! Right up my tense alley! “…the morning Will flies out for a business trip to Florida, Iris’s happy world comes to an abrupt halt: another plane headed for Seattle has crashed into a field, killing everyone on board and, according to the airline, Will was one of the passengers. Grief stricken and confused, Iris is convinced it all must be a huge misunderstanding…”
- The Night Bird by Brian Freeman <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!!! WOMEN ARE HAVING PSYCHOTIC BREAKS…. “When a series of bizarre deaths rock San Francisco—as seemingly random women suffer violent psychotic breaks—Frost looks for a connection that leads him to psychiatrist Francesca Stein. Frankie’s controversial therapy helps people erase their most terrifying memories…and all the victims were her patients…” pretty good price on this one!
- Secrets and Sins: Malachim (A Secrets and Sins series Book 2) by Naima Simone <— ABUSED WIFE IN HIDING GETS A JOB AT A SMALL LAW OFFICE… it sounds good, and it’s super-bargain priced today! “Two years ago, Danielle barely escaped alive from her powerful and abusive ex-husband. Now her ex is out of prison, and he’s coming for her. She knows she must leave her new job and run. Disappear—to keep herself and those she loves safe.“
- Vicious (Sinners of Saint Book 1) by L.J. Shen <— SHE HATES HIM BECAUSE HE BULLIED HER… RECENT release and it’s super-bargain priced, and Shannon loved it and wants more LIKE it!!
Shannon: Omg ..I just finished Vicious … and I want more … can u recommend similar reads until book #2 ?…lol
- Jill Mansell Boxed Set by Jill Mansell <— JILL MANSELL BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! “Three beloved, poignant comedies from New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jill Mansell—smart, sassy women’s fiction that never disappoints!” Kandace recommends this author!! She says:
Kandace: I love Jill Mansell’s books. I have read almost all of them. To the Moon and Back is my favorite. They are more chick lit but they are hilarious and quirky. A great change up if you need something different.”
- One Hot Scot: A Second Chance Romance by Donna Alam <— LIVE!!! THE SCOT DOESN’T REMEMBER HER… “She’s lost her husband, her job, recently avoided jail time, and is back living in the place she’s always loathed . . . when problem #100 walks in...”
- Exposed: A British Bad Boy Romance by Sennah Tate <— LIVE!!! THE BRIT IS A BAD BOY CHEF… “This interview is my chance to break out of trashy tabloid exposés. Jasper Wild is a real subject, an accomplished chef with a fascinating career. Yes, the man is sexy. He’s charming. And, god, those tattoos covering his arms and those strong, capable hands… Too bad he’s also an immature, unprofessional playboy...”
- Mr. November by Melanie Ting <— LIVE!! HOCKEY STAR ALERT!
- Trigger Warning: Short Fictions and Disturbances by Neil Gaiman <— ANY BOOK CALLED TRIGGER WARNING HAS MY ATTENTION BIG TIME!!!! I’m adding it just ’cause it looks good, and seems to fit the whole “eerie” feel of the day! “Trigger Warning explores the masks we all wear and the people we are beneath them to reveal our vulnerabilities and our truest selves. Here is a rich cornucopia of horror and ghosts stories, science fiction and fairy tales, fabulism and poetry that explore the realm of experience and emotion…”
- The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism by Naoki Higashida <— AUTOBIOGRAPHY WRITTEN BY AN AUTISTIC TEEN ALERT!! And it’s super-bargain priced and has so many accolades and great reviews!!! “…it is a one-of-a-kind memoir that demonstrates how an autistic mind thinks, feels, perceives, and responds in ways few of us can imagine...” This sounds like a captivating read, and I LOVE autobiographies. I love learning about anybody’s life.
- Deerskin by Robin McKinley <— OMG THIS ONE SOUNDS CRAZY!!!!!!!! THE KING DECIDES HE WILL MARRY HIS OWN PRINCESS DAUGHTER ALERT!!!!! Definitely more of a “fantasy” read but listed in the top 100 “horror” reads on Amazon. BUT!!!! The blurb doesn’t make it seem like “horror” per se. Definitely crazy-sounding and even awesome sounding… “…the king announces that he is to marry again—and that his bride is the princess Lissla Lissar, his own daughter. Lissar, physically broken, half mad, and terrified, flees her father’s lust with her one loyal friend, her sighthound, Ash. It is the beginning of winter as they journey into the mountains—and on the night when it begins to snow, they find a tiny, deserted cabin with the makings of a fire ready-laid in the hearth…“
- Dean’s List by Stacy Claflin <— PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!!! SHE DISCOVERS HER HUSBAND’S SECRET BOX... “…she finds a box of news clippings he took great pains to conceal, the problems go from disappointing to dangerous. Nation-wide murders… in cities where he has traveled…“
- Wounded Prey (Farrell and Kearns Thriller Book 1) by Sean Lynch <— THRILLER/SERIAL KILLER SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! “IT’S TIME TO FINISH WHAT HE STARTED… A young girl is snatched from her rural Iowa school in broad daylight. The child is later found murdered, her body hanging from a tree…”
- Walk the Edge (Thunder Road) by Katie McGarry <— GOOD GIRL IS BEING BULLIED & HE BAD BOY COMES TO HER RESCUE ALERT!!!! “…one night of shockingly un-Breanna-like behavior puts her into a vicious cyberbully’s line of fire—and brings fellow senior Thomas “Razor” Turner into her life...”
- Whatever Life Throws at You (Entangled Teen) by Julie Cross <— FAMOUS BASEBALL PLAYER & HER DAD IS THE COACH ALERT!! “…nineteen-year-old Jason Brody is completely, utterly, and totally off-limits. Besides, her dad would kill them both several times over. Not to mention Brody has something of a past, and his fan club is filled with C-cupped models, not smart-mouthed high school “brats” who can run the pants off every player on the team…“
- She’s Come Undone (Oprah’s Book Club) by Wally Lamb <— HUGE HIT SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! And I already one-clicked this one ages ago. Back in 2013!!!!! What the heck am I waiting for? It sounds awesome!!! “Beached like a whale in front of her bedroom TV, she spends the next few years nourishing herself with the Mallomars, potato chips, and Pepsi her anxious mother supplies. When she finally rolls into young womanhood at 257 pounds, Dolores is no stronger and life is no kinder. But this time she’s determined to rise to the occasion and give herself one more chance before really going belly-up...”
Christy: She’s Come Undone is absolutely one of the best books I’ve ever read & one of my all time favorites. It’s hard to believe a male author could write such a heart breakingly real account of what a teenage girl’s trials & tribulations are like. It is a book you won’t soon forget!
Michelle: I read She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb years ago and it is still on my favorite books list. It’s a must read!
Shannon: I read She’s Come Undone years and years ago and loved it. Worth picking up if it is bargain priced!
- Finding Karma by Stacy M Wray <— LIVE!!! SHE GOES ON A ROADTRIP WITH AN UNLIKELY PARTNER ALERT!! “I begin to discover things about myself that make me start to question my intended path, meeting people who influence me to change my course in life, even if it means losing part of my future. Improbable friendships. Selfish decisions. Broken hearts. A love that never fades. This is what happens when I find me…when I find Karma…“
PREORDERS (a few from over the next few days & some from next week’s!!! HOLY MOLY!! )
- Never Better: A Dark Obsession Novel by Charlotte Stein – January 15th 2017
- Love in Lingerie by Alessandra Torre – January 16th 2017
- Cursed (Cursed Superheroes Book 1) by Jessica Sorenson – January 16th 2017
- Dawn of Eve (Trilogy of Eve Book 3) by Pam Godwin – January 16th 2017
- Fidelity (Infidelity Book 5) by Aleatha Romig – January 17th 2017
- Phantom Kiss (Chicagoland Vampires) by Chloe Neill – January 17th 2017
- Home Run (The Boys of Summer Book 2) by Heidi McLaughlin – January 17th 2017
- Dirty Secret by Chelle Bliss – January 17th 2017
- Next To Never (The Fall Away Series) by Penelope Douglas – January 17th 2017
- Real Good Love (Real Duet Book 2) by Meghan March – January 17th 2017
- Big Shot by Carly Phillips & Erika Wilde – January 17th 2017
- Let It Burn (The Barrington Billionaires, Book 4) by Ruth Cardello – January 17th 2017
- Phantom Kiss (Chicagoland Vampires) by Chloe Neill – January 17th 2017
- Flawed: An Ethan Frost Novel by Tracy Wolff – January 17th 2017
- Thirst: An Energy Vampire Novel (The Energy Vampires) by Jacquelyn Frank – January 17th 2017
- Beneath the Surface by M.J. Frederick – January 17th 2017
- Feversong: A Fever Novel by Karen Marie Moning – January 17th 2017
- Dirty Money (Roughneck Billionaires) by Jessica Clare – January 17th 2017
- Taking Turns (The Turning Series Book 1) by J.A. Huss – January 18th 2017
- and then… more but for later:
- this one:
- Joy Stick by Lauren Blakely – May 1st 2017 <— LAUREN BLAKELY’S UPCOMING BOOK “JOY STICK” ALERT!!! It’s sort of up for preorder, with a release date, a blurb and a SEXY cover!!! P.S. Here’s the series (and the latest one is in Amazon’s TOP 10 of all books!!)
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).