Merry Christmas my friends!!!! I’d love to hear your Christmas Day traditions! My sister and niece are here with me today, and we will be making a whole “buffet style” food-feast. I can’t wait to start!!
But before I do, since it’s Friday, it’s time for the reader recommendation post. We’re doing a bit of a “favorite 2015 author” theme, too! And it’s not just the authors or books that have come out this year, but the favorite authors that were discovered by our fellow readers, this year.
Fabi started us on quite a fun 2015 book journey with her asking:
“Hey guuuyyys. I’ve got one for you. Who is your favorite author of 2015? Not all time fav, but year fav?
I’m leaning towards Shay Savage, but the competition is fierce.”
And now we have a ton of great tried-and-true 5-star favorites for us below! 😀
P.S. In case you are heading out for your Christmas day and still need to get something cool for someone:
➜ You can always Email an Amazon Gift Card. Or you can give the gift of a Prime Membership, too!! Both, an amazing, so useable treat!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
JUST RELEASED!!!! SURPRISE!!!
- Winter Wishes by Karina Halle <— KARINA HALLE ALERT! Christmas novella JUST WENT LIVE!!
- A Very Bad Romeo Christmas by Leisa Rayven <— BAD ROMEO NOVELLA FREE READ on WATTPAD!! The author says: “…new Ethan and Cassie scenes on Wattpad. The first two chapters of my holiday outtake are up, sweeties. One more to go.Enjoy, and happy holidays!“
And Kelly says: “Read it people! So much beautifully drawn characters, angst and joy driven. I am throwing peanuts from my gallery in Toronto. (am I referencing “peanuts” and “gallery” correctly?) Maryse, you would love this book. Her writing is similar to Suanne Laqueur”
- The Storm (The Storm Series Book 4) by Samantha Towle <— BAD BOY ROCK STAR ALERT!!
- POINSETTIA by Tiffany Reisz <— TIFFANY REISZ ALERT FREE READ!!! On her website!!!! 😀 Merry Christmas! And Tiffany says: “Presenting POINSETTIA, the 2015 Original Sinners Christmas novella. My gift to you in gratitude for all you have given me.”
- Winter Ball by Amy Lane <— M/M ROMANCE
- Lock and Key: the Complete Series Box Set: Books 1-4 + Bonus Stories by Ranae Rose
- Badlands by Callie Hart (thanks Theresa!!!)
- Subordination: Chronicles of a Domme by Katie Ashley <— D/s RECENT RELEASE and it’s on supersale!! OH THAT BLURB!! Okay so she’s a Domme and she’s looking for a sub, but none of ’em do it for her, until she meets HIM at a BDSM club. “...it was just supposed to be for that one night, but an accidental encounter days later outside Club 1740’s protected walls had the two seeing each other in a different light—as simply Sophie and William, not Domme and sub. While they should have parted ways, they couldn’t. While they should never have gone back to her place, they did. And that simple mistake has a serious price for both of them.” <— WHOA! That sounds amazing!!!
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS and so many are super-bargain priced!! YAY US!!! (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Tryst: A Sexual Education Novel by S. L. Jennings <— Grey 5-starred this one!! “Tryst by S. L. Jennings 5 stars! Loved it! Not a cliffhanger, kind if built off Taint, if you’ve read that, but not necessary to have read it, just mentioned a couple characters in passing. Hot smut, smart, witty dialogue, pretzel tummy, gut twisting angst, kept my attention all afternoon when I had a ton of other stuff I should have been doing… *oopsie…*”
- Radiance (Wraith Kings Book 1) by Grace Draven <— MichelleS says: “Favorite author of 2015? I’m going to say it’s a tie between Grace Draven and Lauren Gilley. I was so impressed with Radiance that I will pay attention to what she writes. And LG is like my new KA. I love all her books so far. They are on my radar as of 2015.”
- Fearless: The Complete Novel (Dartmoor Book 1) by Lauren Gilley <— and here is MichelleS’s other favorite!
- Naked in Death (In Death, Book 1) by J.D. Robb <— Debbie LOVES this series! “I fell in love with this series just after JD Robb (Nora Roberts) started writing them. I started collecting every one I could find in hard cover, the only books I have never given away, and if someone wants to borrow them I make sure they give them right back! Now I have them on my kindle and am finally willing to part with my old friends in hard cover. I sit impatiently waiting for the new books to come out. Everyone knows once I start reading a JD Robb book DON’T BOThER ME! One of the things I love is each book is stand alone but is best read in order. Even got my adult sons to read them too.”
- Lord of the Fading Lands (The Tairen Soul Book 1) by C.L. Wilson <— Tessa says: “*blinks* I’m going through this year five star, and realized that there is a series that DEFINITELY should be recommended that is out of Maryse’s comfort zone. Tairen Soul series by CL Wilson. One of the best recommendations I’ve had, ever. I have to add that to my top five stars of the year. Just, wow.” and MichelleS agrees!!! “Just popped in and saw Tairen Soul mentioned, so you know my ears are going to perk up. Best. Series. Ever. Hands down. Would recommend it to anyone. Would love a spinoff series for the twins.” and Young agrees! “I second both Tessa, Michelle, and MichelleS. Maryse and everyone who haven’t read yet. Please read Tairen Soul series, or Warprize. Both were AMAZING and the best I’ve ever read!! The world building in the stories is top notch. You won’t be sorry
- Warprize (Chronicles of the Warlands Book 1) by Elizabeth Vaughan <— Here is the other one Young went crazy for!
- Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass series Book 1) by Sarah J Maas <— And here is Tessa’s other favorite find” and this one is on super-sale right now!!
- Kulti by Mariana Zapata <— Niki’s favorite “2015 author” is “…Mariana Zapata….Kulti will always be in my top reads!!! And she gave me a great Christmas present today on her FB page with a blurb from her next book due out at the end of February!!! Squeeee!!!”
- True North (The True Series Book 1) by Liora Blake <— And Theresa chooses these! “New author – as in 2015 debut might be Liora Blake. The author above was really good. Aly Martinez, Karina Halle and alessandra Torre all had good years I thought.”
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell <— bev’s choice! “Rainbow Rowell. E&P was like the second book I read this year. I tried to read another book but put it down to read her Attachments. Then mid year read Fangirl and Landline back to back. Then Carry On last month. So, yeah she was the audience the author for me this year. Closest I’ve come to a glom in a long while.”
- Shanna by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss <— Sue adores this one! “My favorite most coveted book the first romance novel I ever bought. Do you remember Shanna by Kathleen E. Woodwiss? That’s it. It’s lead to a lifetime of love, angst, a little kink, and hours of entertainment!”
- Beneath the Stain by Amy Lane <— M/M ROMANCE Teri loves these! “It’s really hard to pick but my top two 5 star reads of 2015 are Beneath The Stain by Amy Lane-a gut wrenching heart breaking yet super romantic m/m read and…”
- Where Sea Meets Sky: A Novel by Karina Halle <— Teri’s 5-stars continued… “Where Sea Meets Sky by Karina Halle- an amazingly descriptive romantic adventure across the New Zealand countryside with Karinas trademark edgy heroine.
- Sunset Park (Five Boroughs) by Santino Hassell <— M/M ROMANCE that fabi LOVED!!! “I finished the Sunset Park in, like, a day because I couldn’t put it down. I’m not sure I got any work done today at all. I’m in a total book fog. This next one needs to either blow it out of the park or be cute and funny. It’s really hard to read that next book after finishing an awesome one.”
- Mona Lisa Awakening (A Novel of the Monere) by Sunny <— Ela RE-READS THESE and says: ” I truly loved The Mona Lisa or Children of the Moon series by Sunny….very different PNR… I stalked her site too and emailed with her last year; she said she wanted to continue the series but had other priorities but eventually would continue! OMG I reread those books so many times soooooooooooooooooooo good and the sexy times so good!” and Michelle agrees with Ela! “Oh Ela I LOVED The Children of the Moon books too! No one ever mentions them so you got me all excited I stalked her site for so long hoping she would write more books but it looks like that is not happening.”
- Love Hurts (Caged Love Book 1) by Mandi Beck <— Lauren found us this one!! “Love Hurts (Caged Love book 1) by Mandi Beck is FREE for a limited time only!!!!! Favorite book of the year hands down!!!!”
- Promise Me Once by Paige Weaver <— Kat found us this super-sale! “On sale… Read the first two books about different characters and loved them.”
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas <— fabi is starting this one! “I’m starting A Court of Thorns and Roses tomorrow. I’ve had it on Kindle forever, but I just bought the Audible version so I’ll start listening tomorrow on my drive to work.”
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s)
- Break Even by Lisa De Jong – December 27th 2015
- Hooked by Love (Bellevue Bullies Series Book 3) by Toni Aleo – December 28th 2015
- THE ARRANGEMENT 21 (THE FERRO FAMILY) by H.M. Ward – December 28th 2015
- Walk of Shame by Andrea Smith – December 28th 2015
- Dirty Pleasures (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy Book 2) by Meghan March – December 29th 2015
- Kill Without Mercy (Ares Security Book 1) by Alexandra Ivy – December 29th 2015
- Sway by Melanie Stanford – December 29th 2015
- Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer – December 29th 2015
- Untouchable Darkness (The Dark Ones Saga Book 2) by Rachel Van Dyken – December 29th 2015
- Who We Were – by Kelly Elliott – December 29th 2015
- Iron & Bone (Lock & Key Book 3) by Cat Porter – December 29th 2015
- Thicker Than Water by by Brigid Kemmerer – December 29th 2015
- First Touch: A Novel (A First and Last Novel) by Laurelin Paige December 29th 2015
- Redemption by Kate Douglas – December 29th 2015
- For the First Time: Twenty-One Brand New Stories of First Love by Alessandre Torre, Kim Karr, Jen Frederick, Alexa Riley, Lynda Chance, Sarah Castille, Nina Lane, CJ Roberts, Anna Zaires, Nikki Sloane, Cynthia Sax, Avery Aster, Pam Godwin, Skye Warren, Julia Sykes, Cynthia Rayne, Jenika Snow, Debra Presley, Shoshanna Evers, Tamsen Parker, and Nina Levine! – January 12th 2016
Ho Ho Everyone
If you have not read Kym Grosso, her first in series Kade is free. PNR let me know if you have read or after you read. I am current with the series so I guess you could say I like the series.
Merry Christmas to all my wonderful friends on this blog and especially to Maryse, without whom I wouldn’t have this great book camaraderie and would have no idea what to read!!! 🙂
Or if you do not celebrate just wishing you a wonderful day!
Thank you for all the good conversation and laughs.
MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES!!!!!
I have internet access for the first time since Monday, so yay me!! I’m assuming I have a lot to catch up on around here. 😉 A couple more days of vacation and traveling and then I can get back to reading and hanging out with all y’all. 😀
Have a wonderful day with your families. I love you guys!
Amy, you need to give us a hint. Cross country skiing? Thailand? The Ozarks?
All of Bink Cummings MC Chronicles Books are on sale today through Jan 1, first one free & books 1 & 2 are $2.99, down from $4.69.
Merry Christmas Maryse and all of the lovely ladies in here 😉 I just read Hero by M.S. Parker!! Oh my 😉 This book is sooooooo hot, girls. He is her bodyguard. And she is a spoiled, rich brat! I have already clicked home book two now 😀 Yaaaay!
Just finished Winter Wishes. I went bavk to The Play and reread the last couple of chapters, then read Winter Wishes, then we t bavk to the epilogue of The Play. It read perfect like that for me.
The Lie – Brigg’s story is due out 2/15.
The Play by Karina Halle is $.99, down from $3.99.
Been a follower of your blog for a long time. Recently in a book slump. They all just start sounding the same way but in different ways…..sigh…. What to do??? 🙁
Cherrish, did you read Tiffany Snow, KathleenTurner Series? Love triangke but on sale I think.
Cherrish, did you read Alessandra Torre, Tight or Sex Love Repeat. If not I believe those will be out of the usual for you , they were for me.
Tell us what you Like- we can help!
I’ve noticed that sometimes I like reading slow. I’ve been reading An Ember in Ashes for most of the week in little segments here and there. Sort of like I did with Career In Evil. And it is so fun because I get to disappear into these worlds a little bit every day. I will finish today and be a bit disappointed that when its finished. Usually if I like a book I try and hurry my way through. Maybe I should try this slower approach more often, lol.
Lol Bev, nothing that exotic. 😉 We saw family and busted a couple of amusement parks before going on a 4-day cruise and now we’re visiting more family before heading home. Waking up Christmas morning on a cruise ship and rushing to disembark isn’t as fun as waking up at home so we won’t be doing that again. I’ve missed y’all though!!
Cherrish, when its a bit more active around here you should be able to get some great recs from these fabulous ladies. Just throw out some genres you’re interested in and then brace yourself for the peanuts!
*VISITED some amusement parks
Hope you all had a great holiday! Been so busy! I’m almost done Lawless….. loved every book of the series, but so far Tyrant was my favorite! What’s everyone reading?
Thanks to Kat for that info on Promise Me Once…loved the first 2 books in the series!
Jean, I’m reading Land of the Beautiful Dead. Michelle recommended it. Everything else was just too much of the same. Nothing that got me thinking about the book when I wasn’t reading it. But this book, it will make you think about it. Descriptive & beautiful but dark & eerie & brutal. It’s a long book. I’m savouring it over the gloomy weekend.
So……you went for a holiday read.
Merry Late Christmas! Happy Boxing Day for those who celebrate it. (sounds like fun) It sounds like people had fun on Christmas, or around at least.
Land of the Beautiful Dead is KU? Huh, guess what I’m reading soon. Right now, this book I’m reading is kind of um… boring. :/ Scintilate by Karen Tjebben.
Cherise, name your favorite books, and we’ll try to help. Also, when I”m in a funk,, I usually re-read a favorite. It helps me every time. 🙂
Alright, Radience will go higher on my TBR. It’s been recommended too many times to ignore.
Cherrish: book slump? Maybe you need something crazy that has no real genre, like Golden Dynasty? Or Trabscendance? Who didn’t love those books.
Talk about favorite authors. Mine hit it out of the park again with the Caged trilogy. I just finished reading it and I promise you it has ALL the feelz. It was published in 3 parts but reads as one book. In fact, I think it’s being sold as a bundle now. I’m so sorry its over but so happy with the epilogue.
I have no idea what to read after that fantastic ride.
OH MY GOD Fabi YES I MUST READ THIS!!!!!!! Thank you. 😀
Popping in to wish everyone a fabulous holiday! Still hectic here but hope to get some reading done tomorrow. Working on Heat by R. Lee Smith. Love how long and in depth her books are. Might be my author pick for the year since this is my third book in the last couple months. The Land of the Beautiful Dead was my favorite so far but TLHoG was close behind. Definitely read it while it’s still KU!
I’ve got to agree with you…R. Lee Smith was an amazing author find for me in 2015. Heat was my first read of hers…I loved how it ended. Just discovering the Angelfall trilogy by Susan Ee. Really smart PNR read with lots of plot development that is surprising and interesting family dynamic. The MC is a 17 yr. old taking care of her schizophrenic mom and wheelchair bound little sister in end of days. Great read.
Jennifer, I agree that Angelfall is an amazing trilogy. I remember stalking the author’s site to each release date.
I have to get to the other two R Lee Smith books. I’ve only read Heat and I keep hearing how wonderful the other two are.
I started Life of Anna book 4. I’m already building my hidey blankie fort.
I was thinking of starting The Last Hour of G tomorrow but think I’ll hold off a bit.
I am leaning towards Tiffany Girl by Gist. Or Ellen O’Connell. But then Lisa had Louder than Love in her 2015 list. And just now Pia has Bonnie Dee.
I guess just however the mood strikes. Just looking for that Sunday read, you know?
If you like YA & fantasy then definitely check out An Ember in the Ashes. But know it is the first of two books and the next will not be out until August.
Been reading the WiR series… I’m on Visions in Silver. If there is a CH, I swear, I will go all Tess on someone… hope everyone had a good Christmas, been too quiet around here!
Grey, I take that to mean you like it!
The fourth comes out in March and then the final will come out in 2017.
I’m going to miss it. Hope she writes more in this world.
I’ve just been enjoying the holidays, and reading a lot. 🙂 Just finished The Stocking was Hung by Tara Sivec and it kept a smile on my face the whole time. It was a loan and even better, fulfilled one of my year end challenges. 🙂
One question. How can it end in two books? They haven’t even kissed yet, darn it! I need books upon books of that world, not just five.
Where is everyone? I thought for sure after the holidays we’d all be hanging out reading. I’m halfway through The Life of Anna book 4 and I’m all alone in this scary little blanket fort.
fabi I’m too scared to get into that blankie fort with you!!! *gasp*
Did we decide what we are doing for a challenge for 2016?? I need a smutty book. Yes I’m enjoying the WiR series… but… ahem I need a grown up book now *giggle*
I’m going to really miss it too, Tessa. Though sometimes I like knowing its finite, you know? Not that I wouldn’t devour more in the world.
It is so quiet hard to know who’d want to do a challenge. Like I’ve said I’ve seen tbr challenge and thought would be fun & clean out my library a bit.
If Maryse doesn’t mind do you want to do a little informal one here in our postings each month?
Bev, I haven’t seen the Tbr challenge? what’s that one?
I’m all for one. It’d help to get me motivated to read certain books on mine. 🙂 I just finished Mirror by Cassio Leo. I am so confused. It’s short, and I had it as a freebie, but I don’t think I’m finishing the series. How does he know everything else but not the main issue? The answer is probably in book two or three, but not doing it. It’s just not for me.
Now I’m reading To Love Jason Thorn. It’s number one request on Booklending and I figured, since it’s a KU anyway, why not see why it’s a number one request. 🙂
I saw a tbr challenge on Wendy the super librarians blog. Its pretty big with participants linking in and stuff. There is a monthly theme and you pick a book from your tbr to fit. Then post by a certain date.
I thought it would be fun if we did something like that here.
I was thinking we could make our tbr any book that we have in our pile before Jan 1 2016.
For me my tbr pile is books I own, though I know others buy or borrow as they go, so maybe books they already had on their wish list to read?
Oh Lord LOL, that works, I have something ridiculous like 2k books on my kindle stop laughing…
I saw this challenge, I thought it looked interesting too… I won’t be offended if no one likes it though *shrug*
Oh crud, that was the 2015 challenge, NM…haha!
Ok, I found 2 others…
There’s this one, sounds pretty easy…
or this one, which could be easy, or crazy hard, depending on if you’re a diehard or not…
Ok, one more… LOL
Grey, I did that 2015 challenge, or tried to. I failed, though. When it comes to reading classics, I’m an epic fail. I rarely find ones I want to read on my own.
I love this one! This will be my 2016 challenge as well as the TBR one! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/275001120974143829/
I don’t blame you Maryse. This is one crazy messed up story. I’ve been taking TV breaks from reading it to give my mind a rest.
Ladies, I want to do a 2016 challenge. But I want something really simple, like reading a tbr selection per month or something. I was an epic fail at all the other 2015 challenges I attempted. I think it would be cool to do something like one old tbr and one new release read each month. I’m pretty sure most of us read two books a month. :-). Or maybe we can schedule a group read each month. I don’t know, but if its not simple, I won’t be able to keep up. I fail at all the GR challenges.
Fabi I was a fail too… LOL! It’s hard ’cause of my squirreling. Shiny new books… I like your idea. Let’s see what we can come up with, for our own group’s challenge.
The Peanut Gallery/Book Stalker challenge. 😛
I’m in with Tessa and Fabi for the 2016 challenges! who is keeping track of them (wasn’t it going to be Amy? I say we nominate Amy being as though she is on vacation *giggle* xoxo, love ya Amy, hope you’re having a great time!)
And Fabi, you have me crazy intrigued… I love all the crazy dark books… and while I’m enjoying the WiR series… (there’s no adult themes whatsoever!)
Oh goodness Grey, The Life of Anna books are so crazy dark that there should be a separate category for them. Jean recommended them and MichelleS has read the first 4. We’ve all likened them to a train wreck that with morbid fascination, we can’t look away from. I take loooong breaks between books. But I will finish the series.
Fabi, I fail the hard challenges too. I barely read over 100 this year. :-\
So, for me, definitely simple. One year I may try and tackle one of the harder ones.
So, tbr one? One a month? Monthly theme to choose the book?
Maryse, or anyone listening, please read the Caged trilogy by Shay Savage. It is an absolute 5* read. I recently finished it and I can’t tell you how much I loved that series. Just…greatness.
Bev, that’s where I fail challenges…where I have to look for a theme or a color or a name or a whatever. I don’t have the patience to do that.
I do OK with book clubs since the book is already selected for the month. But I lose interest in them when the book being read doesn’t appeal to me. 🙁 I know, I sound bratty. But I think it would work in this group since we all have similar tastes.
Or we can grab one from our tbr and let everyone know our thoughts on it. And grab one from the new releases and guinea pig it. Sort of like we already do. And maybe take turns or have Maryse pick a group read. I don’t know. Simple and maybe not straying too far from books we normally read.
Merry Late Christmas!! Hope you all had a wonderful day with your families 🙂
I would love a 2016 challenge but I agree with Fabi, it needs to be a simple one. Maybe try reading one book in each subcategory each month (historical, pnr, contemporary etc)?
I just finished reading Act Like It by Lucy Parker and loved it!! Richard is like a modern Mr Darcy *swoon* Loved the chemistry between him and Lainie. A 4.5/5 stars for me.
Also who else is excited about The Score by Elle Kennedy?? Finally Dean’s story! YES!! January 11 cant come fast enough 😀
Fabi, you are anything but bratty.
Anne, right? Great chemistry. Can not wait to see what she comes out with next.
I don’t know if anyone else besides MichelleS is near the Dallas area, but if you are, I hope you and your loved ones are safe. It’s been a bit of a nightmare weather wise this weekend.
I was thinking about you this morning fabi when I saw the news. You ok? You have me wanting to read the Caged series soooo bad!
I’m in for whatever book challenge you guys come up with….the simpler, the better!
Thanks Jean. We aren’t directly in the areas that were hit. I don’t think MichelleS is either. But it was some really nasty weather. I’d like to hear from her to make sure her and her family are ok.
I am dying for someone to read Caged. I have to share the love! lol It just…gah…broke my heart and lifted me up and made me fall in love with every single character.
BTW Jean, I just finished Ensnared LoA book 4. Best so far! I’m going directly to book 5. Because, well, I have to know! I can’t imagine you reading this series while it was still being published. I would have lost my mind.
Glad you’re ok fabi! I’m so proud of you reading LoA! Yeah, I had 2 friends reading it with me at the same time so that was good support!
I just finished Lawless from the King series over the weekend. Loved the series! Then I read Fallen Crest Christmas in honor of Tessa! Then I read Pucked Up yesterday….wasn’t as great as the first one, but still funny! I’m now reading Break Even….and whoa…..only 11% in but loving it!
I made us a little group on goodreads for the reading challenge, thought maybe it would help so it wouldnt get lost here and we could all keep track easier *shrug*
I’m still reading Vision of Silver… but I need a grown up book, *whine*
I really want to read the book Fabi is reading, that’s it. I’m putting VoS down. I’m joining you in the blankie fort Fabi, scoot over!
So glad that our Tx girls are safe!
Wow Grey, going from The Others series to LoA…..that’s quite a switch! Good luck!
Hey Fabi! I survived the crazy weather. All those sirens and phone warnings nearly gave me a heart attack. 80 one day and 40 the next and then what comes after tornadoes? Well, snow of course! Crazy. Texas!!!
I am still reading The Land of the Beautiful Dead. I love this author so much. She really takes her time telling these stories. Very thoughtful and elegant in a seriously creepy way. Michelle, I am at the part where a new “dolly” just showed up. And I am over here all “oh no he didn’t”. I am riveted to this book. You may be right about new author of the year. She really is an amazing writer. Not for everyone, but for me, a big YES!
My TBR isn’t all that long when I read that others have 2K. There is just always a new shiny toy dangling out there keeping me from it. I am all for anything that will make me read something. I wonder if there is one that we all have in common on our TBRs?
Jean, you’ve been a reading machine lately. 🙂
*makes room in blankie fort for Grey*
So glad you’re joining me! It’s pretty scary in here.
Are you ready to have your tummy turned inside out?
You’ll need to start with The Life of Anna, Part 1: Enslaved. It’s free for Kindle. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MYQBXU4?keywords=the%20life%20of%20anna&qid=1451322692&ref_=sr_1_2&s=digital-text&sr=1-2
or you can buy the whole set of books (there’s 5 of them) for $9.99 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VO86BTG?keywords=the%20life%20of%20anna&qid=1451322692&ref_=sr_1_1&s=digital-text&sr=1-1
MichelleS SO GLAD to hear your alright.
I’m always chasing you around with your reading. I have Gann and Dead lined up as my very next reads after LoA 5. I think you still need to read 5 right? Isn’t that the one that is going to make surviving the train wreck of 1-4 all worth it? I can’t resist. I NEED my HEA. Did you read Heat? It’s #2 on my gruesome scale after LoA.
Michelle – and I forgot to say that I just ADORE Wickham. All of his formal talking and trying to educate her in this crazy post-apocalyptic type world… and Batulli – what a bee-yotch…… I can’t believe I am saying this, but yu may be right that it is even better than TLHoG!!!
hmmm, my previous comment is “awaiting moderation”. Does that mean no one can see what I wrote to Grey about LoA?
I did not read Heat. But since it is R. Lee Smith – I think it’s kind of a no brainer. Only downside to this author is the length of the books, so I have to have some fluff in between. But they are the kind that will stay with me forever. I still think of TLHoG. She’s just got a fascinating imagination.
I still need to get to LoA#5. I need her to have a happy ending. I don’t know why I haven’t finished it up yet. Like you said, that train wreck needs to be had in small doses. Only so much debauchery that I can take.
This is from R. Lee Smith’s Amazon author page:
R. Lee Smith is an author of epic-length sci-fi/horror erotica. If you purchase one of these books, expect to be sucked into a fascinating and long story.
Author’s pet phrase:
“Help! I’m writing, and I can’t shut up!”
Too funny right? I didn’t realize she had so many published books.
Epic length sci-fi horror / erotica… OMG… Totally sums it up!
^ Sums it up perfectly but NO do not shut up R Lee Smith because you are in an elite group of authors that say a lot without saying too much. Editing is on point!
Still on Heat (why did I pick a longer one at the end of the year?!) but loving it. I can tell it will be behind Gann and Dead though – not that it was bad in any way but I was more riveted while reading the other two. I think Dead was my favorite because of the characters MichelleS. I was more invested and just intrigued by how different they were; loved Wickham. I also just was fascinated by the world and how Lan and the other ‘dead’ reacted to situations. It nudged out Gann as my favorite but they are both so freaking good!
Oh and my choice for a 2016 challenge would be a group buddy read once a month. We could rotate making the selection or have Maryse pick one and do a post on it? I always enjoy reading a book that I can discuss and squee over with others 😀
I think it would be so awesome if we had a group read once a month. I mean, we end up doing it anyways, right? Several of us read the same book. In Feb, you could pick a Jan release we’d all read before March. We could use your discussion boards for each book.
I don’t know. I just love buddy reads. They’re the coolest thing ever since I don’t have any friends or relatives that share my reading passion, much less my taste in books. And, I swear we end up doing it here anyways, just at different times, so its harder to discuss the plot.
I love the idea of the challenges I see elsewhere on the Internet, but I’m just not motivated enough to select the book that meets the criteria and then stick with the monthly challenges. Lazy? Maybe. But I swear I’ve read more great books since joining your blog than I ever have before. It is my absolute go to place to find great recommendations.
Think about it?