SATURDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! LOOK WHAT’S LIVE!!! This Friday/Saturday list just got CRAZY!!!
- Je Suis a Toi (Monsters in the Dark Book 4) by Pepper Winters <— PEPPER WINTERS ALERT! JUST WENT LIVE DARK READ! “The long awaited follow up to the New York Times Bestselling Trilogy Monsters in the Dark.”
- Tastes Like Candy (Lean Dogs Legacy Book 2) by Lauren Gilley <— LAUREN GILLEY GRITTY BIKER BOOK ALERT & THIS JUST WENT LIVE! “Club prince meets MC princess in book II of the Lean Dogs Legacy Series.” <– *waggles eyebrows* 😉 Robyn found it for us & she’s excited!!
“Maryse! Lauren Gilley author of the Dartmoor Series MC has a new book out from her LeanDogs series spinoff call Tastes Like Candy! Just came out today! Love Dartmoor MC!”
- BLAZE (The HEAT Series Book 3) by Deborah Bladon <— DEBORAH BLADON ALERT & JUST WENT LIVE & SO MANY LOVE THIS AUTHOR!! This latest release is already on the top 20 of all of Amazon Kindle. WOW!!
- Deeper: A Novel (Caroline & West Book 1) by Robin York <— MY 5-STAR FAVORITE SUPER-BARGAIN priced!!! (my review)
Not so many new releases on this list (apparently YESTERDAY was the surprise release day with this impromptu post ➔ Thursday surprise new book releases!) but it looks like we’re reminiscing hard on a few older books and series that some here just realized others haven’t read yet. WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAT?!! *gasp* These, my friends, are tried and true!!!
And… of course there are a few recent new releases on the list that have been taste-tested and reader-approved. LOL! Oh and…this Monday and Tuesday’s pre-orders? Yeah… gonna be a good book-day.
Okay now time for me to get back to my book! 😀
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS (and bargain finds!) (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Priceless (The Forbidden Men Book 8) by Linda Kage <— HE LOVES HER BUT WON’T “GO THERE” WITH HER... “People probably thought I never went there with her because of her cerebral palsy, but f*ck them. She knew she was the most important person in my world, and I wasn’t about to risk hurting our relationship…” This is a recent release that missed our usual release day list, but for those that love this series, here’s the latest!!
- Hot Dudes Reading by Hot Dudes Reading <— This one’s been mentioned in a few of our romance books lately and Cheryl was wondering about it:
Cheryl: I feel like the subway scene in Tapping the Billionaire, with the insanely good-looking guy that was reading a book that the h said was a total hipster and probably end up in Portland within the year, and the h couldn’t wait to see him on on one of her favorite Instagram accounts, Hot Dudes Reading, has happened in another book I’ve read. or is about H who does live in Portland. Maybe a clue to one of the authors identity?? Or I’m over-thinking this mystery writer thing.
Maryse: Cheryl… it truly is a super-popular Instagram account featuring covert iPhone shots of hot guys “reading” in public, so a big publisher has released a sort of paperback “photo album” of some of the best ones. 😉 P.S. I’m on Instagram I post all sorts of fun stuff there (books, of course, but also my personal stuff that I love).
- 1984: Against All Odds (Love in the 80s Book 5) by Rebecca Yarros <— JUST WENT LIVE!!! SHE’S A POP STAR that took a break due to her anxiety disorder and… “as part of her comeback, she’s forced into collaboration with one of the hottest rock bands topping the charts–Birds of Prey–whose lead guitarist happens to be her biggest mistake…and her biggest regret.”
- After Hours: (InterMix) by Cara McKenna <— ONE OF MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITES & IT’S BACK ON THE LIST. Oldie but goodie, and since we have some fellow readers that haven’t read it yet, some of us are insisting! 😀
Fabi: I haven’t read After Hours because in the blurb it says “…how much she enjoys submitting to his every command” <— that would just piss me off :-/
MichelleS: Nope. Not a “master” kind of book at all. That is NOT what this book is about at all. It’s soooooo good. He’s a teeny tiny wee bit kinky – at nearly the end. Who cares? Nothing weird. But the burn is so good. I don’t often remember books like this, but I remember After Hours. Not a “master” kind of book at all. I loooooved this one. He’s the big & brooding quiet type!!! I think you’re gonna like it. It’s on my short list of books like this that I loved.., same list as Surviving Raine, which is why I mentioned it.
Fabi: Alright MichelleS. I’m convinced. Just downloaded a sample. Maybe it’ll be my weekend read since I hadn’t decided on anything yet.
- Instead of You by Anie Michaels <— TWO BROTHERS & SHE LOVES THEM BOTH ALERT! Also released just a few days ago! She’s always been best friends with one brother, assuming they’d eventually be together, but she’s always been intrigued by his “untouchable” brother… “There was no way to anticipate just how important both Wallace brothers would become to me, how deeply they would change my life, or how the loss of one would propel me into the arms of the other.” P.S. It’s super-bargain priced today!
- Surviving Raine: Surviving Raine Book 1 by Shay Savage <— ANOTHER OLDIE BUT FAVORITE MOODY JERKFACE ALERT! ’cause in this case, R. Renee hasn’t read it yet. *gasp* SO GOOOOOD!!!
Fabi: You know what I’ve been craving lately? A Shay Savage book. One of her prime male POV super good novels. I hope she’s writing, else I may have to start re-reading. *ahem* Surviving Raine
R. Renee: That’s the 2nd time I’ve seen SR on here tonight. Is it really that good? Should I move it to my short list?
Fabi: You haven’t read Surviving Raine by Shay Savage? It’s on my “All Time Favorites” list. There are 28 books on that list. I’m 50 years old and read about 15 books a month. Now…have I convinced you?
- For the Love of a Fireman (Wild Heat, Book 3) by Vonnie Davis <— FIREMAN & HIS NEW RENTER ALERT! “It’s just his luck the first cabin he rents is to a prickly female and her daffy dad! Still, the money looks good in his bank account… that is until Molly’s ex-fiancé turns up dead on Grey’s beach.” Super bargain priced!!
- Wild Abandon by Jeannine Colette <— Recent release back on the list ’cause Jean & Grey both enjoyed it!
Jean: Finished Wild Abandon and really loved it! … Wild Abandon is a standalone. No need to read the first two books. Finished it last night and LOVED it!
Grey: I read an ARC of Wild abandon and enjoyed it, 4 stars. Parts truly had me shifting in my chair with my hand over my mouth for the the h… Poor girl!
- Black Widow by Lauren Runow <— Grey also enjoyed this one! “Also read an older release… Black Widow by Lauren Runow, pretty sure a bunch here have already read this one. Hot and steamy with a good bit of mystery. 4.25 stars for this one too.”
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta <— HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (like 5-star LOVE) by many readers right here, and TashaJ just finished it and LOVES IT!!!
Tasha: Bev, Amy, and whoever else recommended Jellicoe Road- I just finished it only minutes ago and had to come here first and rave and thank you!!! Such an amazing, amazing book! It had absolutely everything I love in a book, and I’m not ready to say good bye yet…It had humor, strong characters, fighting, romance, mystery, and heart. GAH, the feels! And honestly I wasn’t confused for very long at all and really got into it pretty early on, even though I was afraid of it before ever really getting into it, which is great. 🙂 This one is for sure going on my list of all time favorites so again, Thank you!! 😀
P.S.- when you had rec’d it and mentioned the territory wars and fighting between the kids and stuff, I totally envisioned something like The Outsiders. Which I was obsessed with when we had to read it in high school. Even though the story lines are different and all, I still got all the same feels; so that was pretty great too, to feel that way again and get sort of a nostalgia about it. And I had gone in with high expectations bc I had envisioned that, and it totally delivered!
bev: Tasha J, I am so glad you liked it. It is a hard book to to let go of. So many great moments. I loved the friendships that developed.
I was hoping it would work for you.
- Angels Walking: A Novel by Karen Kingsbury <— BASEBALL STAR ALERT SUFFERS AN INJURY and Jean found this one! “Guys, I just downloaded a book that is on super sale….. Angels Walking by Karen Kingsbury. Baseball star suffers career ending injury, hits rock bottom, and then takes a job in a retirement home and befriends elderly woman. Sounds so good! Anyone here ever read it?“
- The Holy Trinity Series by Madeline Sheehan <— MichelleS recommends the whole trilogy (and the first one is FREE right now!!)Fabi – have you read The Holy Trinity series by M Sheehan? It’s got that good gritty writing style, set in a dystopian society, with zombies, gypsies, and something else paranormal!!! Me & Amy are super fans. I just KNOW you’d love it. Oldie, but goody.
- Darkness Series: Books 1-3 by J.L. Drake <— LAUREN COULDN’T PUT IT DOWN ALERT! Plus it’s a SUPER-BARGAIN for the bundle “Just read Darkness Series this morning….it was REALLY, REALLY good! I went into it not knowing anything about the plot or characters or anything & I couldn’t put it down.”
- GENTRY BOYS (Books 1-4) by Cora Brent <— Fabi HIGHLY recommends this series. She devours ’em!
Fabi: Those boys are SO VERY broken. yup, they’re broken. Nearly shattered. And the strength it takes for them to forge a life out of their broken past left me awestruck. Every book has been a 4-5 star read for me.
Jean: Wait, wait…..did you say SO VERY broken?!?! Magic words for me!
- WALK (Gentry Boys) by Cora Brent <— THE LATEST RELEASE in one of Fabi’s favorite series and look Fabi!!! It’s still bargain priced AND it’s flying up the Amazon charts. People are LOVING IT!!!
- And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —>Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Test Drive (Crossroads Book 3) by Riley Hart – May 30th 2016
- Delivered (The Monster Trilogy Book 3) by Marissa Farrar – May 30th 2016
- Shameless (Playboys in Love) by Gina L. Maxwell – May 30th 2016
- Grin and Beard It (Winston Brothers Book 2) by Penny Reid – May 31st 2016
- Ransom (Dead Man’s Ink Series Book 3) by Callie Hart – May 31st 2016
- Dirty Love (Dirty Girl Duet Book 2) by Meghan March – May 31st 2016
- Unexpected Circumstances: The Handmaid by Shay Savage – May 31st 2016
- Worth The Wait: A Nature Of Desire Series Novel by Joey W. Hill – May 31st 2016
- Unbreakable: Unrequited Part Two (Fallen Aces MC Book 2) by Max Henry – May 31st 2016
- Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas – May 31st 2016
- Everywhere and Every Way (The Billionaire Builders Book 1) by Jennifer Probst – May 31st 2016
- Demand (Careless Whispers Book 2) by Lisa Renee Jones – May 31st 2016
- Stacked Up: Worth the Fight Series by Sidney Halston – May 31st 2016
- Blood Lust (The Sentinels) by Alexandra Ivy – May 31st 2016
- Wicked Love (Wicked White Series Book 3) by Michelle A. Valentine – May 31st 2016
- Torn: LOST Series #4 by Cynthia Eden – May 31st 2016
- The Angel Wore Fangs: A Deadly Angels Book by Sandra Hill – May 31st 2016
- Bad Boy by Leah Raeder – May 31st 2016
- Empire (Eagle Elite Book 7) by Rachel Van Dyken – May 31st 2016
- Ransom (Dead Man’s Ink Series Book 3) by Callie Hart – May 31st 2016
- Protecting His Own (Masters of the Shadowlands Book 11) by Cherise Sinclair – May 31st 2016
- Before the Fall by Noah Hawley – May 31st 2016 <— “…the plane plunges into the ocean. The only survivors are Scott Burroughs-the painter-and a four-year-old boy, who is now the last remaining member of an immensely wealthy and powerful media mogul’s family…”
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
I’m actually glad there aren’t many new ones today because I’m all over the board right now with what to read next! I did 1-click Instead of You though!
Devil’s Kiss (Sunset Cove #2) by Ella Frank came out on the 24th and I don’t know how I missed it. I super duper loved book #1, Finley.
The Holy Trinity series by M Sheehan is sooo good! Book one is free! I’ve read all the books and have been waiting for the last one forever! You guys have to read this series!
OMG YES ROBYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! M SHEEHAN’S HOLY TRINITY SERIES IT DA BOMB AND I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE FINAL BOOK TO GET HERE…ALTHOUGH I WISH THERE WERE MORE!
#2 for a smile and I want to watch B&B.
Not book related, although a book may be written, but it’s so sad what’s happening between Amanda and Johnny Depp!
Fabi yeah love me some Gentry boys. I waited fior Walk to come out so I could read together- but getting their. Reading Lara Adrian’s new one. Really good so for .
Oh and Surviving Raine – oh yes
Fabi, you like M/M???? Dud you read the new Aly Martinez? Spiral Down? You must!
Hi Theresa, I haven’t read Spiral Down because it’s book 2 in the series and I haven’t read book 1 yet.
I have so many books, including Walk, that I’d like to read this weekend. I’m stressing out trying to pick the right ones from the pile.
I read Instead of You on Wednesday & it was awesome! Sad, but really, really good.
Unrequited (Fallen Aces MC Book 1) by Max Henry is only $.99 right now, down from $3.99. Book 2 comes out May 31st (it’s up there in the pre-orders).
Lauren, have you read those yet? If so, what do you think of ’em?
I finished Waiting for April. Now I’m waiting for the sequel. Loved it. But it definitely has at least a part two!
Ohhhh? I like being speechless. What rating, MichelleS?
I’m a little speechless at how Waiting for April ended. Anyone else read it? Now I’m all torn up & need to pick a long-weekend read. Going back to my TBR.
Ela, it’s shocking. Not sure what to think.
Fabi, I’m taking a break from Ttb.
Aah, look at the Jellicoe love.
I’m debating what I want to read when I get home.
Maybe, the Crown ‘ s Game or finally Cold-Hearted Rake or a sweet YA or this or that, lol.
Or maybe red a bit and then marathon some Poldark. See where the mood takes me.
Have you read Marked in Flesh yet?
Maryse – I was so speechless I forget to rate it! Let’s see…. 5 until the end. Now I’m going with 4.5, because I was left hanging so badly. By the time the next book comes out I might forget important details, so for that, I’m going with 4.5. But I loved the story. I used to gobble up series, I didn’t KNOW it was going to be a series. Ugh.
At least Roam is a complete series!!!
No worries Bev (and Maryse too). I’m always the first one to say if a book isn’t working for you, move on to all the new shinies or dive through your stockpile for a goody. Reading time is too precious to waste. 🙂
I have been waiting IMPATIENTLY for the next Holy Trinity series for so long! After that heart-hurting ending to book 2 and then the aftermath in the followup novella, I am beyond ready for the last one!
MichelleS…I can’t wait to read WFA but I am SO glad that you let us know it’s a series so that I can wait. Me and CH’s…heck, me and *series* even are just a no-go right now. *shakes head* Nope, I’m too p!ssy lately. 😛
I need a good pressure-release ugly cry, so I’m thinking maybe Every Wrong Reason since it gave Maryse an ugly cry…
OH! I came across one yesterday that I grabbed the sample for which is a totally different plot, I think, than anything else we’ve mentioned on here before…Young Widow’s Club by Alexandra Coutts. It only has an average of 3-1/2 stars on Amazon, but honestly that doesn’t always carry a whole lot of weight for me.
She’s 17 and is heading back to high school…as a WIDOW! She ran off with her musician boyfriend to marry him, but just a few weeks later he dies (in his sleep, I believe), and now she has to go back to a “normal” teenager’s life that she thought she had left behind. I. Am. Intrigued!
AMY!! That one DOES sound good…
I decided to get back to that book called “Undone” that I mentioned a week or so ago. It’s excellent writing and a bit… sordid.
I’ll let y’all know soon.
So I’m thinking Emma Chase is one of the Max Monroe authors and that she writes the male pov. Seems reminiscent of male pov in Tangled. I think the other author and who writes the female pov is Meghan Quinn. Just my late night, alcohol fueled two-cents. 😉
Im waiting for Penny Reids new Beardy book Grin & Beard It. Love her writing….just finished The Hooker & The Hermit and The Player & The Pixie (trying to knock a few off of my ginormous tbr list). And the first one in this series (all standalones) was awesome….fun and flirty….and featuring the nerdy girl returned home grown up and sexy who accidentally ends up tangling tongues with her old nemesis.
Amy, I’ve read Every Wrong Reason. It’s a well-written, “real-feel” look at a broken marriage and decision to divorce. Angsty, sad, although maybe not as angsty as After I Do. Still I really liked it.
Completely agree with Cheryl! It was like an “After I Do” *fix* for me!
Deeper on sale up there and Jellicoe Road looks like it is down a few too. One click ladies. One click. Wonderful weekend reads.
Oooooh. Maryse is reading something sordid.
This will be the “forbidden/taboo” list for sure. I’m into it, thinking I know what’s coming… cringing, and yet I can’t stop.
Yep… slow burn for sure, but in all the wrong ways.
Yikes. It’s hypnotizing to be sure, but soooooo OH NOOOOO and yet… I read and I read and I read it….
If it’s the one I’m thinki thinking of then definitely wrong kind of slow burn.
LOL!!! Yep… 😉
Wait… which one are you thinking of? Just in case there’s another one for my TBR list.
This one, right?
LOL! Yeah I can see where you get that impression.
The one I’m reading is MUCH more subtle in it’s taboo-nature.
It’s this one: https://amzn.to/1Z6aivk
They call it a “black-comedy” but I don’t get it. There’s been nothing “comedic” at all… other than, I guess the “bad guy’s” crazy internal dialogue and musings…
Maybe that’s what they mean by “black” comedy? But this is NOT a comedy by any means. It’s morally disturbing on all sorts of levels, and I’m actually a bit scared as if it might be a psych thriller. And of course, it’s certainly got the taboo-part down. WOW!!! 😯 *blink blink*
Lol, I remembered. Was it Sadie who was talking about it? Some one in one of the posts. They really liked it.
It definitely seems people love or hate it.
I think black comedy can be a tricky thing to pull off.
I’m curious to see your review.
Whoa…that looks like it’s a WTF book.
Ooh! That reminds me of Broken Dolls! Not the plot of Undone…the WTF-ery of it…
Oooooh I love the WTF-ery books!!!!
I had to look up ephebophile to make sure what this book is about, not to mention the blurb that just ends on an incomplete sentence.
This seems disturbing on so many levels.
Maryse, you have been busy with the lists today. ☺
I know it!!! LOL! And I didn’t update half of what I wanted to update. But I was reading, so that’s okay. 😉
Fabi, think you could read as stand alone but the first was really good.
I have it on my tbr. Thanks Theresa.
I’m reading SR Fabi! So not what I expected so far!!
I hope you like it. I found it incredibly original given the plot and strangely moving.
I’m not far in, but his thoughts on the raft are cracking me up!
No one does the male POV as well as Shay Savage.
In my crazy a$$ opinion, not even male authors write the male POV in romance as well as Shay does.
Fabi didn’t like Deeper either.
For shame Fabi!!
I don’t remember if I liked it. I read it several years ago. The only thing I can tell from my Nook (at the time) is that I didn’t finish it. I honestly don’t know if it was because I squirreled away for a buddy read or maybe an anticipated release. I just don’t remember. It was before I got semi-organized with my book lists on GR and on my Kindle app.
Speaking of books I didn’t like…
I was laying in bed about to fall asleep a couple of nights ago and randomly started thinking about Rainfall. My tummy got all twisted and my chest tightened up. I couldn’t relax enough to fall asleep. —traumatized— that book honest to goodness traumatised me.
It was a strain on our relationship but with hard work we have overcome.
I disn’t love Deeper, that’s why Bev was messing with me 🙂
Disn’t? Really? I blame Amy’s pistachio martini…
lol the wonders of autocorrect
never actually corrects anything that needs it
Or you liked the toad.
What does that mean Bev?
Fabi, it is from another post. Amy tried to type Jellicoe Road and it turned into Jellicoe Toad.
Maryse, has a few posts up. Her new tbr, your answers to the tbr questions, her Deeper review, & reading orders. We were talking on her new tbr list post.
Ah. Sorry. Thanks for explaining.
Lol. No apologies, it makes no sense otherwise. Well, no more than I usually make.