SATURDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! A few more new releases & super-bargains that look DARN good!!
- Temptation by Brie Paisley <— SOUNDS INTENSE! “…one bad mistake at a party, changed my life in so many ways. Gone was my mapped out future. Gone was the perfect image of the girl I was. Then he came. Viktor Matvei found me. He saved me. And then he offered me one of the biggest temptations of all. The chance to become someone else..”
- Loving My Neighbor by C.M. Steele <— JUST RELEASED and ummm… the title. 😉 Tee hee!! “… she knocks on the rumored curmudgeon’s door. Knock. Knock. Expecting to be snarled at, she was surprised to see a beast of different kind…”
- Wreckage by Emily Bleeker <— SUPER-SALE ON A DESERTED ISLAND READ!!! This one was recommended for my latest list and it’s bargain priced right now. I totally one clicked this one! “Missing for almost two years, the castaways are thrust into the spotlight after their rescue, becoming media darlings overnight. But they can’t tell the real story—so they lie…”
- Unravel: A Novel by Calia Reed <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!!! And super-bargain priced and loved by SO many here! Amy LOVED it! “I LOVED Unravel!! Perfect mindf&@k but it *will not* leave you frustrated. I just know you would love it!”
Now… back to our regularly scheduled Friday Finds post! 😀
Since last week’s absolute 5-star reader recommendations (or just plain ol’ FAVORITES from this year) was such a hit, I thought I’d continue the theme, this week too. The INCREDIBLE amount of comments and recommendations that came our way after, were too good to not highlight. After all, we need to celebrate the end of the year with tried-and-true “super-reads”!
Have some absolute 5-star favorites you want us to know about (of all time, or even just this year’s favs)? Leave it in the comments. 😀
What am I reading?? Written In Red: A Novel of the Others by Anne Bishop <— Oh I spilled the beans a couple of days ago, but it’s one of the books that has been MOST OFTEN recommended by a few of my reading crew, and it is SO good. I should be done today (and will be getting right back to it as soon as I finish this list) and then I’ll review it. I’m SO into it! 😀 I absolutely LOVE the crows, I love Simon’s furious grumpy-growliness and his irritation with her stinky hair. LOL!!!! I am intrigued by every single character…
Young: Maryse!!! I’m so tickled that you are reading WiR. WiR is SO GOOD!
MichelleS: Maryse is reading WiR? Hot damn.
Jean: Yay, we don’t have to hear bev beg Maryse to read WiR anymore! Lol!
Ela: Maryse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are we BR’ing WiR??????? *twirls and throws mixed nuts in the air*
Lisa: Great rec! WiR was just what I needed. Read til 4am then picked it straight back up at breakfast.
Oh AND!!! We’ve still got some online shopping time available before Christmas!
➜ Amazon says that there is still time left to order for Christmas. Here’s their Amazon Prime shipping breakdown for the next few days!
➜ And if you’re cutting it down to the wire, you can always Email an Amazon Gift Card. I LOVE gift cards, especially to Amazon!! Or you can give the gift of a Prime Membership, too!! Both, an amazing, so useable treat!
➜ OH AND! I’m posting the Kindle Fire, 7″ Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB release again, ’cause the deal is too great! Wondering if this is the one for you? Check this out: Reader Question… Which Kindle should I buy?
➜ You can also check out all of TODAY’S AMAZON DAILY DEALS <— includes anything and everything in this category (electronics, video games, clothes, cool house gadgets) and a few of the Fires and Paperwhites are on sale, too!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
JUST RELEASED TODAY! SURPRISE!!!
- Royal Savage by Victoria Ashley <— BAD ASS BIKER & SHE WANTS TO SAVE HIM ALERT! “I shouldn’t have gotten on the back of his motorcycle that day. I know that now. Colton warned me. I was told it was dangerous. I was told that nothing would be the same. He was right…”
- Without a Doubt by <— LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!! He and the love of his life “take a break” over college… and he meets someone else and “causes her to fall in love while making her second guess everything along the way…”
- Broken Records (Spotlight Series: Book One) by Lilah Suzanne <— M/M ROMANCE! “…when Grady Dawson—sexy country music star and rumored playboy—asks Nico to style him, Nico is reluctant. But after styling a career-changing photo shoot, Nico follows Grady to Nashville where he finds it increasingly difficult to resist Grady’s charms…“
- FireBrew by Liz Crowe <— YOUNG RETIRED FIRE-FIGHTER and she falls hard for him! “…the harder she tries, the more out of reach he gets until his continued presence does nothing but wreak havoc on her carefully constructed world. Fate throws them together. But the horrific memory of a fiery disaster could tear them apart.”
- Sweet Soul (Sweet Home Book 5) by Tillie Cole <— JUST RELEASED!! (series reading order)
- Once Bitten Twice Shy by Sommer Marsden <— SHE’S MADE HERSELF UNAVAILABLE TO FALLING IN LOVE “Until the day Jack Murphy falls into her life. Literally. The new lawn man takes a tumble into the hole in her front yard — the very hole he’s there to deal with. This man with his big brown eyes, his muscled forearms, and his quick smile shakes up her safe little world from that very first encounter.“
Okay right off the bat, I’m leading us in with one that Allison recommends! I’m highlighting ’em ’cause she gave us a really awesome mini review!!!
“I read a book a LOOOOONG time ago (OK a couple of months) that I absolutely LOVED but didn’t recommend because it ended on a HUGE cliffhanger. FINALLY the second book was just released this week and I read it in 2 days.
They tell the story of Brooke, a beautiful woman who grew up with her younger sister in a neglectful home (parents are drug addicts) until her grandmother gets custody of them. She adores her grandmother, who has recently died. She is going on a trip to Paris for one month that her grandmother arranged for her because when her grandmother was young, she fell in love in Paris. There Brooke meets Dylan. Total HOTTIE and musician. He’s funny and kind and they both love music SO much. If you are a music fan you will LOVE this series, because music is integral to the story. Throughout her month in Paris Brooke drops hints at secrets that she is hiding. She even hides her occupation from Dylan (she’s a well known record producer). But as time goes on and she falls deeper in love with him . . . . it’s harder to keep everything under wraps.
The second book was just as good. i love this couple so much! Their rapport, their chemistry, they way they communicate through music, the hot sex, it’s all there and more! I cried during BOTH books! …Concluded with book 2.”
- After I Do: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid <— MARITAL TROUBLES ALERT!! Tasha LOVED these so much that she’s in a funk, now! “My last two 5 stars were After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid and The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. And these were weeks ago, and I haven’t been able to get into anything since Talk about a funk…*sigh*” I 5-starred it too! (my review)
- The Language of Flowers: A Novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh <— LIFE IN FOSTER CARE ALERT! Tasha loved this one, too! “After a childhood spent in the foster-care system, she is unable to get close to anybody, and her only connection to the world is through flowers and their meanings. Now eighteen and emancipated from the system with nowhere to go, Victoria realizes she has a gift for helping others through the flowers she chooses for them. But an unexpected encounter with a mysterious stranger has her questioning what’s been missing in her life.”
- To Love Jason Thorn by Ella Maise <— FAMOUS HERO ALERT!! Deborah recommends this one!! “Just wanted to give you one that I put on my best book ever shelf (which I don’t do often) and that not many people know about is…. To love Jason Thorn by Ella Maise….such a fun ,lol read and a FAMOUS HERO!!!!!!!!!!!” and Ela agrees! “I did read To Love Jason Thorn and it was exactly what I needed and I truly loved it.”
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy <— bev has three to add! “I read 3 books recently that I thought were great. Didn’t want to stop reading til done. Lucky enough to read them back to back. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda. Act Like It. Dumplin’ They’ll be on my year end list for sure.”
- The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah <— AN ABSOLUTE 5-STAR FAVORITE!!! Liz loves one that I loved too! “Favorite book this year, hands down, without any question whatsoever? The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. I read it in the Spring, and I still haven’t found anything to match it. It changed me, and I will never forget it.” (my review)
- Beautifully Insightful by K.C. LYNN <— LOVE STORY BUT THEY ARE FROM OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE “TRACK” ALERT! Theresa just finished this one! “Just finished Beautiful Insightful. Stayed up until 3- ugggg. Sweet story of kids from to two different social groups with HEA but strong message and sad story of awful crimes in our world that I for one can not even fathom of how people can treat others.”
- Broken Juliet (The Starcrossed Series) by Leisa Rayven <— TEAR-JERKER ALERT! Jean loves these!! “Just finished Broken Juliet…..sigh…..loved it more than Bad Romeo (The Starcrossed Series Book 1) but both were great! I cried a lot in the 2nd book….so many feels!”
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta <— HEART-HURTY!! Amy loved this one!!! “I finished Jellicoe Road…it was SO good!! The “past” part of the story made my heart hurt so that was a definite plus. “
- Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain) by Kristen Ashley <— Lynne loves the same one I love!! “I’m currently rereading Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley for the umpteenth time, I tell you, this woman’s talent is limitless. I’ve loved every single book of hers I’ve ever read, I think I’ve read all but about 3!!!!!!!!”
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi <— ON SUPER-SALE & MUCH LOVED by so many of our fellow readers! Like the kind of obsessive “I LOVE THIS BOOK” kind of love… Kathryn says: “OMG!!!!!! This author writes BEAUTIFULLY and Warner…SWOON!!!”Leo (Sign of Love)
- Leo’s Chance (Sign of Love #2) by Mia Sheridan <— SUPER-AWESOME AUTHOR AND SERIES & EVERY SINGLE BOOK IN THIS SERIES IS ON BARGAIN-SALE ALERT!!! Lauren found us a mega-deal!! Every single book in Mia Sheridan’s series is on supersale!!! And I mean super-bargain! “Every single book of Mia Sheridan’s… Archer’s Voice, Kyland, Leo, Becoming Calder, Grayson’s Vow, Finding Eden, and Leo’s Chance. Excellent reviews on all of them!”
- Stinger (Sign of Love, Scorpio) by Mia Sheridan <— and this one!
- Archer’s Voice (Sign of Love, Sagittarius) by Mia Sheridan <— and this one! ONE OF OUR ABSOLUTE ALL-TIME FAVORITES!!!!
- Becoming Calder (Aquarius) by Mia Sheridan <— and this one!!
- Finding Eden by Mia Sheridan <— and this one!
- Kyland by Mia Sheridan <— and this one!
- Grayson’s Vow (Sign of Love) by Mia Sheridan <— and this one!
- The Sordid Promise (A Breaking Insanity Novel Book 1) by Courtney Lane <— DARK READ that is still super-bargain priced!! So many of our fellow readers love it, including Lise (one of my trusty reading buds that seems to have the exact same tastes that I do)! “For your next dark-twisted-mind-f**k read: ‘A Sordid Love’ by Courtney Lane“
- The Deal (Off-Campus Book 1) by Elle Lennedy <— 5-STAR FAVORITE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! Kim reminds us that THIS one is on super-sale right now and it’s in her top 5 for all of 2015. “The Deal by Elle Kennedy is on super sale!” And mine, too!! I 5-starred this one!!! Actually, I mention it in the latest edition of RT magazine “Maryse’s Musings” column I wrote. One of my recent FAVORITE 5-star college contemporary romance books! (my review)
- Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers #1) by Tara Sivec <— HILARIOUS & SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY!!! One from our early indie-days that we LOVED (most 5-star loved) like crazy. Plain ol’ hilarious and a great story, too boot! (my review)
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s)
- First Touch: A Novel by Laurelin Paige – December 22nd 2015
- Outtakes from the Grave (Night Huntress Book 8) by Jeaniene Frost – December 22nd 2015
- Break Even by Lisa De Jong – December 27th 2015
- Hooked by Love (Bellevue Bullies Series Book 3) by Toni Aleo – December 28th 2015
- THE ARRANGEMENT 21 (THE FERRO FAMILY) by H.M. Ward – December 28th 2015
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).