HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!! 😀 Quite a few new releases today and a bunch of awesome sales and reader recommendation (38+ and I’ll be adding more in just a few ’cause I just saw two more!!) 😀 Keep checking back (or let me know if you found one that should be on the list today).
P.S. BOOK NEWS TIME!!! Tarryn Fisher’s The Wives: A Novel made the New York Times Best Sellers list (2 NYT lists!!! Paperback and “combined”) at #4 and #6. YAY Tarryn!!! And of course she also made USA Today’s Best Sellers list too. P.S. Here’s my 5-STAR Book Review.
And in other awesome book news: OMG!!!! SQUEEEEE!! “The Will” by Kristen Ashley has been turned into a Passionflix movie and here’s a teaser!!!!!! *happy dance* I loved this book (in fact, here’s my review)!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Exposed (Kingdoms of Sin Book 2) by Willow Aster <— LIVE!!! WILLOW ASTER ALERT!!! UNREQUITED LOVE!! “…he always found an excuse not to be with me.
The pain I felt as my childhood love rejected me, again and again, after promising me the world when we were kids…
Well, it just wouldn’t go away.
No matter how hard I tried.
Desperate times called for desperate measures, and I never wanted to be considered desperate, but I knew if something didn’t change soon, I’d lose Elias for good and die of a broken heart.
No one told me how many times my heart could break in the process…”
- King of the Causeway: A King Series Story by T.M. Frazier <— T.M FRAZIER’S LATEST IS LIVE!!!! “...A mysterious newcomer is vying for the title of King of the Causeway. He’ll do anything to steal the crown, including bringing someone back from King’s past who will threaten a lot more than the title King has spent his lifetime building. A hurricane is coming. And it could destroy everything...”
Katrina: Love her stories!!!!
Jean: For any of you who haven’t read the T.M. Frazier King Series…..IT’S A MUST READ!
- Don’t Shoot the Messenger: Hazard Falls Book 2 by Samantha Cole <— OH NOOOO!!! She married his brother when he went missing… “…Drake only intended to give his brother’s baby a father, but a marriage of convenience grows into a genuine one when he and Blair fall in love and welcome two more children into their little family. Grant’s love for Blair was the only thing that kept him alive for six years in a North Korean prison camp until he was rescued. But she now belongs to his brother—a fact Grant can’t bring himself to face…”
- Marrying My Billionaire Boss by Nadia Lee
- Little Feather: A Miranda Riley Paranormal Cozy Mystery (Miranda Riley Paranormal Cozy Mysteries Book 1) by D Harman and Krystal Doolittle
- Michele G recommends these two:
Michele G: I just want to drop a note for two of today’s new releases….
Every Other Weekend by Abigail Johnson was a really good YA book with some heavy issues.
Just a Boyfriend (End of the Line Book 2) by Sariah Wilson was also quite good. It’s the second in a series but you could easily read it as a standalone. They were both 4 star reads for me.
- Liar by Fiona Cole <— LIVE!! AGE GAP ALERT! He was her uncle’s friend… “…On day one we both agree that repeating that night would be a mistake. But it’s a mistake we can’t help but make again and again. The rules are simple. We can’t tell my uncle. We have to be content with our hotel rendezvous. And we won’t fall in love. But we both know we’re liars…”
- Smolder (Ignite Book 2) by Nora Phoenix
- Magic For Dummies: A Paranormal Reverse Harem Romance (God Fire Reform School Book 1) by Lacey Carter Andersen and May Dawson
- Back To You: An Interracial Romance by Bella Fontaine and Khardine Gray
- Halcyon: an Interracial Contemporary Romance by C.L. Donley
- You Were There Too by Colleen Oakley <— SO MANY INTRIGUED (ME TOO!!!) & SOME GREAT FEEDBACK! (Strangers that have been dreaming about each other…)
Talon: This book is magical.
Sara: Mike drop💯
Michele G: I have to say I’m intrigued by You Were Here Too by Colleen Oakley. I’m pretty sure I already have it on my TBR!
Shara: Thinking of starting you were there too by Colleen Oakley next.
Michelle S: This sounds goooooood
- Neighbor Girl (Southern Girl Series Book 2) by Georgia Cole <— LIVE!! HIS NEIGHBOR ISN’T THE TYPICAL GIRL-NEXT-DOOR… “…Things are perfect until that cruel twist of fate. We learn that our paths aren’t crossing for the first time. And we aren’t strangers at all. Our history is painful. Our love, fragile. Our ending, inevitable… unless I can convince her that the past shouldn’t end our future...”
- Tempt Me (Dare to Dream Book 1) by Amanda Bailey
- Unbroken: Mage’s Academy II by Finley Morrow
- No Damn Good (Enemies-to-Lovers Contemporary Romance series) by Gwen Gavin
- The Lady of the Ravens (Queens of the Tower, Book 1) by Joanna Hickson <— LIVE!!! SHE KNOWS THE QUEEN’S SECRETS… “...Elizabeth of York, her life already tainted by dishonour and tragedy, now queen to the first Tudor king, Henry the VII. Joan Vaux, servant of the court, straining against marriage and motherhood and privy to the deepest and darkest secrets of her queen. Like the ravens, Joan must use her eyes and her senses, as conspiracy whispers through the dark corridors of the Tower...”
- Charmed Souls (Black Souls Book 1) by Abbi Glines <— RECENT ABBI GLINES RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!
Shara: Just finished charmed souls by Abbi Glines. I haven’t read and Abbi Glines book in a while so I one clicked it and finished it in one day. I don’t really read paranormal romance but this was so good. An easy 5 stars for me.
I also don’t normally start a series without all the books being completed. It ends on a cliff hanger and now I’m dying to read book 2.
- No, We Can’t Be Friends: A totally perfect romantic comedy by Sophie Ranald <— LIVE!! SHE FINDS THE PERFECT GUY.. then realizes he’s got a secret... “...But then she finds out that Myles has a secret. A very big one. The fairytale is over. Her heart is blown to smithereens. Drowning her sorrows in Ben & Jerry’s can only get Sloane so far before she has to decide… Can she learn to love herself more than she loved the love of her life? And what if, after everything, she’s got Myles – and his secret – all wrong?”
- The Indigo Girl: A Novel by Natasha Boyd <— NATASHA BOYD SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! Kat found us this one!
Jessica: I absolutely loved INDIGO GIRL. I go to Charleston often, and it was *such* a fascinating look into the city’s history. Love love loved it…smart, romantic, and wrenching all at once. Highly recommend!
Jan: I’m intrigued by The Indigo Girl.
- Between Two Moons (Falling for the Unexpected Book 1) by Teralyn Mitchell <— LOVE TRIANGLE/ROOMMATES ALERT!! “...Wren wasn’t looking for love when she moved in with Zane and Jax, but life has a funny way of giving you exactly what you don’t need. Having been best friends for years, Zane and Jax never let a woman come between them…until now...”
- Patricia LOVES these Kennedy Ryan series:
Patricia: For your blog, unless you already mentioned these two series are:
Wonderful stories. Enjoy! Maryse, you will not be sorry. Simply beautiful writing by Kennedy Ryan.
Cat: I’m reading the king maker by Kennedy Ryan. It’s really good. I love everything so far. Thanks for the recommendation…
- One of Us Is Lying by SUPER-SALE ALERT!!! Kat found it! “...Pay close attention and you might solve this. On Monday afternoon, five students at Bayview High walk into detention. Bronwyn, the brain, is Yale-bound and never breaks a rule. Addy, the beauty, is the picture-perfect homecoming princess. Nate, the criminal, is already on probation for dealing. Cooper, the athlete, is the all-star baseball pitcher. And Simon, the outcast, is the creator of Bayview High’s notorious gossip app. Only, Simon never makes it out of that classroom. Before the end of detention Simon’s dead. And according to investigators, his death wasn’t an accident. On Monday, he died. But on Tuesday, he’d planned to post juicy reveals about all four of his high-profile classmates…”
Kat: Holy crap One Of Us Is Lying is on sale…!!!! I read it and enjoy the mystery, gave it 4 stars
Maryse: SQUEEEE!! I just got it!!! Thank you Kat!!
Ellie: Just downloaded it! Thank you!!
- The Cake King (Sugar & Spice Book 1) by Rosie Chase <— SHE’S INVITED TO COMPETE IN A BAKING COMPETITION… “…Sam Davis has been fan-girling over Michael “The Cake King” Godwin for years. So, when she receives a letter from Godwin asking her to compete in a private baking competition where the prize could pull her (and her adoptive family) out of poverty, how can she say no? There’s just one problem: Sam is an amateur baker from a no-name restaurant in a tiny town nobody’s ever heard of. How is she supposed to hold her own against some of the country’s best up-and-coming pastry chefs?“
- Cabin 3 (Steele Shadows Security) by Amanda McKinney
- SNOW BLIND (STORMWATCH Book 6) by CINDY GERARD
- All We Left Behind: A heartbreaking and gripping historical novel by Danielle R. Graham <— LIVE!! WARTIME HISTORICAL ROMANCE!! “...Sweethearts Hayden and Chidori are in love. But everything changes after Pearl Harbor. Now seen as the enemy, Chidori and her family are forced into an internment camp. Powerless to help them, Hayden joins the air force to bring about an end to this devastating war – the thought of Chidori is all that keeps him alive...”
- Cruel King: A Dark New Adult Romance by Rina Kent
- Crush by Mae Wood
- Dark Falls Academy: Forbidden Magic: A Supernatural Academy Reverse Harem and Bully Romance by Anya J Cosgrove
- Where the Little Birds Go (Little Bird Duet Book 1) by B. Celeste <— LIVE!! FAMOUS AUTHOR & THE HOLLYWOOD STAR ALERT! “…When bestselling author Kinley Thomas gets the deal of a lifetime to see her book turned into a movie, the last person she expects to be cast as the leading role is Corbin Callum. After years of living the dreams that tore them apart, Hollywood will soon force them back together. Because before Corbin became America’s biggest star, he was first Kinley’s biggest mistake. Too bad for them, they never learn...”
- Come Back for Me (The Arrowood Brothers Book 1) by Corinne Michaels <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!! Colleen enjoyed it!
Colleen: I read Come Back for Me by Corinne Michaels as soon as my pre-order popped up on my kindle. It was a cute start to a new series.
- Release: A Standalone Friends-to-Lovers Romance by Aly Martinez <— LATEST Aly Martinez & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!
Harper: Just finished Release by Aly Martinez. Is a very good book, lots of angst, chemistry, a good dose of reality and an amazing love story. I recommend it!
- The Name of Honor (The Pagano Brothers Book 4) by Susan Fanetti <— RECENT RELEASE & Jan enjoyed it (she’s a fan of the entire series!)
Jan: I finished it today. 4 stars. I enjoyed it. Older MCs too, which I like as well.
- Cross Breed (A Novel of the Breeds Book 32) by Lora Leigh <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! AND NANCY is excited!!
I have read a lot of the 32 books over the years, but my favorite is ELIZABETH’S WOLF. So since we met Cassie (Elizabeth) as a little girl in that book. Then CROSS BREED was released & she has finally come into her own as a young woman. …I finally will get to read this!😁
Maryse: Years ago I was so big into this series. I bought a new paperback book on release day. And had jumped into reading. I was “horrified” to find my copy had “missing pages.”I went crying to you! You “somehow” found a link where the missing pages could be read! I was so thankful & elated. However, I found the pages were missing were all erotica sex scenes (blush)!
Maryse: OMG I remember that way back when! YESSSSS the missing pages. That caused an outroar in our book community ’cause this series was so popular. LOL!!! 😉
- Shattered by Megan Hart <— LIVE!! MEGAN HART BROKEN FANS!!! LOOKIT!! “...Shattered is a companion novella to Broken. The story features new material as well as scenes from Broken retold in Joe’s point of view.” I LOVED Broken!!! In fact, here’s my FIVE STAR Book Review
Karen G: the one book that I can’t shake is Broken by Megan Hart.
Stacy: Broken by Megan Hart. I don’t even know where to begin. This is just an amazing book….it stays with you! Has anyone read Megan Hart?
- Still Me: A Novel (Me Before You Trilogy Book 3) by Jojo Moyes <— SUPER-SALE ALERT!! This is the third book in the trilogy, and if you still haven’t read “Me Before You” yet, you MUST!!!!!
Northernstar: I just finished Still Me by Jojo Moyes, the conclusion to the me before you series. The second book left me unsatisfied and I was chopping at the bit to get to this one. It did not disappoint. This book continues with the self discovery of Louisa Clark as she moves to New York City. I loved the characters in the book – my favoirite was Dean Martin. Although I would have liked an epilogue it was a wonderful read.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial)<— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons)!!
- The Life We Bury by Allen Eskens <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! NAY IS LOVING THESE!
Nay: Ever since I started devouring Gregg Olsen’s thrillers, I’ve been looking for another mystery/thriller writer who can somehow compare, and I’ve finally found him!
His name is Allen Eskens, and he has me completely immersed in his audio books! His first book, “The Life We Bury,” which was written in 2014, is the beginning of two series, and I’m probably going to listen to both of them before I move to another author. I love it when that happens–yay me!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Crossing the Line (Hot Jocks Book 4) by Kendall Ryan – January 13th 2020
- The Escape Artist by Kitty Thomas – January 14th 2019
- Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha Book 2) by Aurora Rose Reynolds – January 14th 2020
- Securing Zoey (SEAL of Protection: Legacy Book 4) by Susan Stoker – January 14th 2020
- The Last Sister by Kendra Elliott – January 14th 2020
- The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy Book 3) by Meghan March – January 14th 2020
- Alexei: A Chicago Blaze Hockey Romance by Brenda Rothert – January 14th 2020
- The Bishop: A Tanglewood Novella by Skye Warren – January 14th 2020
- Little Gods: A Novel by Meng Jin – January 14th 2020
- All the Ways We Said Goodbye: A Novel of the Ritz Paris by Beatriz Williams – January 14th 2020
- Bossy Brothers: Alonzo by J.A. Huss – January 15th 2020
- Sex and Other Shiny Objects (Boyfriend Material Book 2) by Lauren Blakely – January 15th 2019
- Enigma (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team Book 3) by Laramie Briscoe – January 17th 2020
- Inappropriate by Vi Keeland – January 20th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).