P.S. Did you miss my latest book review? ➔ 4.5 STARS for Colleen Hoover’s “Regretting You”. I even listened to the audiobook for some parts!!!
And speaking of audiobooks, Amazon just sent me an email letting me know that they’ve started they’re Daily Deal Rewind Sale for audible members (today and for the next few days – hundreds of HUGE audiobooks)!! I’ll go through the list and add them below into the Audiobook Finds section. 😀
Now to choose my next read…
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Protecting What’s Mine: A Small Town Love Story by Lucy Score <— LUCY SCORE ALERT!! SHE WANTS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FIREFIGHTER… “…Flight trauma surgeon Mackenzie O’Neil is on a crash course with burnout. She’s got a scar on her face and a shake in her hands. A temporary job as a small-town family physician is just the prescription. She’ll learn to meditate. Sleep more. Take up gardening. She definitely won’t take her shirtless, firefighting neighbor’s hot body for a test drive…”
- Forbidden Roommate: Her Dad’s Best Friend Series Set by Penny Wylder
- The Atlantis Trilogy (Box Set) by A.G. Riddle
- Best Kept Secrets: The Complete Series by Kandi Steiner <— KANDI STEINER SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! I just one-clicked it!!! 😀 Super-angsty love triangle!! “…Charlie’s marriage is dying. She’s perfectly content to go down in the flames, until her first love shows back up and reminds her the other way love can burn...”
Leslie M: …the Kandi Steiner duet. I finished it right before Christmas and holiday madness. I wanted to mention it was audio version with great narration!
Lisa: Kandi Steiner angst is like crack to me
R. Renee: The Kandi Steiner Duet, What He Doesn’t Know …I accidentally picked up the Kandi Steiner duet last night and couldn’t put it down until I fell asleep…
Leslie M: I’m starting What He Never Knew (Kandi Steiner). I loved books 1 & 2 but….I read them few months ago (I HATE reading series not in succession) and this is ebook… and I wish it were audio.
Mona: I loved this series! One of my most favorites!!
- Stone Hearts (Poplar Falls Book 2) by Amber Kelly <— LIVE!!! SINGLE MOM ALERT!! “…All I wanted was a family and to watch my sweet son grow up, happy, and healthy. Then Myer Wilson keeps showing up in my life—and my son’s life. He’s the hometown football hero, who blew out his ankle his junior year and ended his career. I didn’t look twice at hot jocks in high school. But now that he’s taken over his family’s ranch, I can’t help but look…”
Daffy: Amber Kelly’s first book in the series is just beautiful!
- King’s Castle by Ella Goode <— LIVE!! He built a haven for abused women and children, but there’s one he wants to keep… “…After his abusive old man kicked the bucket, King took the family fortune and built a haven for women and children who needed protection. He has one rule and that is the women decide when they get to leave. When Hayden shows up, all his self-discipline goes out the window. He’s ready to risk it all to keep her…even against her will…”
- Hurting You: A Dark College Bully Romance (A Blackthorn Elite Novel Book 3) by J.L. Beck and C. Hallman
- Faerie Forged (The Magicsmith Book 3) by L.R. Braden
- Fighting for This: The Last Resort Motel by Gwyn McNamee <— LIVE!! THEY’RE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING… “…Aurora Clayton is the last thing I expect to find at The Last Resort Motel. What in the world is a girl like this doing in the middle of nowhere, Nevada? Search the land I inherited and get back to California—that’s the plan. I never expected to find something here even more precious than silver. But someone else is after what’s down that mine shaft. And I’ll do everything in my power to protect what I’ve found, including Aurora…”
- Fate of Fire (The Forbidden Fae Book 2) by Linsey Hall
- Confessions of a Wicked Fae (The Supernatural Spy Files Book 2) by Jenna Wolfhart
- Wolves of the East (Northwest Wolf Pack Book 2) by Crystal Ash
- Hades Academy: Fifth Semester by Abbie Lyons
- Bossy Brothers: Alonzo by J.A. Huss <— LIVE!! J.A. HUSS ALERT!! HE’S BEEN CATFISHING HER!! “…He’s the best boyfriend I never had. Until I find out his name isn’t Lonnie, it’s Alonzo. Until I find out he’s not some boring accountant with a dead-end job, he’s a six-foot-four, yoked-out, tatted-up fisherman who never wears a shirt! That’s right, girls. He’s been catfishing me online for two… freaking… years!…”
- Tarot Academy 2: Spells of Breath and Blade by Sarah Piper <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK! Tessa enjoyed this one!
Tessa: I finished the Tarot book from yesterday. So well written and memorable. 🙂
- Supernatural Bullies and Beasts by by Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti <— TESSA LOVES THIS SERIES!!!
Tessa: Just have to finish another book I was HIGHLY anticipating first. lol The 4th and final book from the Zodiac Academy by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti. It’s one of my favorite series from last year. Though, the book is HUGE. lol 733 pages! Yet so far, not a wasted word.
Tessa: Welp, I was wrong. It is NOT the last book. That ending, gah, heartbreak, but hey, not the end at least!
- Fight or Flight by Samantha Young <— SAMANTHA YOUNG SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! ENEMIES-TO-LOVERS SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! She barely likes him… and now he’s stranded. “…Her last ditch attempt to salvage the trip was thwarted by an arrogant Scotsman, Caleb Scott, who steals a first class seat out from under her. Then over the course of their journey home, their antagonism somehow lands them in bed for the steamiest layover Ava’s ever had. And that’s all it was–until Caleb shows up on her doorstep...”
Ashley: Fight or Flight by Samantha Young… I love her books and this one was the perfect companion for my day. It made me laugh, smile and cry.
- Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy Book 2) by B.B. Easton <— THE WORLD IS ENDING… “…The world was supposed to end on April 23, but Rainbow Williams’s world ended days before that. The mass hysteria caused by the impending apocalypse claimed everything she’d ever loved. Her family. Her city. Her will to live. Until she met him…”
- This Is Forever (This Is Series 4) by Natasha Madison <— RECENT RELEASE & we have feedback! Colleen loved it!
Colleen: I stayed up way too late finishing This is Forever. I’m so bummed that this series is through.
I haven’t read a lot of sports romance (and wouldn’t say that’s my thing) but the extended family story line sucks you in and the family dynamics are great. The guys in the family all play hockey so there are hockey scenes in each book but the women are so beautifully written and there’s lots of not-hockey stuff going on too.
I definitely recommend starting with “Something So Right (Something So Book 1)” which is the story of the family matriarch/patriarch.
Jan: Thanks Colleen. I haven’t read this author so might try it.
- Building Bridges (Bridges Brothers Book 1) by Lia Fairchild <— MILITARY HERO TAKING CARE OF HIS FAMILY… “…Dealing with his rowdy siblings and cousins proves to be almost as treacherous as the battlefields he left behind. And though he’s committed to making it work, he soon finds he’s in over his head. Until someone from Logan’s past, steps in to help. Mollie has always been independent, but finds herself growing attached to the family, including Logan, and discovering there’s more to life than working and solitude...”
- Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 4) by J.R. Ward <— ONE OF OUR ABSOLUTE FAVORITES is super-bargain priced!!!
Heather: Lover revealed – Jr. Ward as much as I loved the other guys there was just something about Butch I can never really resist.
- Hate to Love You: An Enemies to Lovers Romantic Comedy by Melissa Schroeder <— LIVE!! HE’S HER BOSS… “…I can resist him. Mainly because he can’t stand me, and he’s the kind of boss who makes me think about murder on a daily basis. That’s until he shows me his softer side and ignoring my need for him becomes impossible…”
- Enigma (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team Book 3) by Laramie Briscoe <— HE REJECTED HER… “...Over a year has gone by, and I find myself looking for him in all the places he’d been before. It doesn’t help, he’s still an enigma I have yet to figure out. My friends are the only thing holding me together. Work is the one thing keeping my mind busy. Until my life threatens to tear completely apart…”
- A Princess in Theory: Reluctant Royals by Alyssa Cole <— ROYAL ROMANCE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! She’s betrothed to a prince, but she doesn’t believe the email. 😉 LOL!!! “…Between grad school and multiple jobs, Naledi Smith doesn’t have time for fairy tales…or patience for the constant e-mails claiming she’s betrothed to an African prince. Sure. Right. Delete! As a former foster kid, she’s learned that the only things she can depend on are herself and the scientific method, and a silly e-mail won’t convince her otherwise...”
- Pretty Perfect (Boys in Makeup Book 1) by Riley Hart & Christina Lee <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “…I’m following my dreams, have an apartment with my bestie, and get to dance my nights away at one of the hottest gay bars in Portland. The only downfall is Dane, the sexy bartender with a perma-scowl always aimed my way. The tension between us is so strong that even the clubgoers notice, and they eat that stuff up…”
- Not A Snowball’s Chance In Hell by Ezra Dawn <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Lullabies For Suffering: Tales of Addiction Horror <— LIVE!!! AND Caroline Kepnes has a story in here!! “…Six stories: three novellas, three novelettes, written by a powerful list of talent, all featuring the insidious nature of addiction–damaged humans craving for highs and wholeness but finding something more tragic and horrific on the other side…”
- For Bat’s Sake: Paranormal Dating Agency (The Lazar Sisters) by Alexa Gregory
- Rusty (Twisted Devils MC Book 2) by Zahra Girard
- Color Me Yours (The Monroes) by Jen Talty
- The Day that Changed Everything: An absolutely gripping and emotional page turner by Catherine Miller
- UnLeash Me (Savage Beast MC Book 4) by Hayley Faiman <— LIVE!! BIKER BOOK ALERT!! AND HE’S OBSESSED WITH HER“…Jaguar wants to keep her on a leash and tethered to his side. He has an unhealthy obsession with Della. Everyone in the club sees the trainwreck that is barreling full steam ahead. Pregnant with a baby that could be his, Jaguar is determined to claim her for his very own. He’s going to quench his obsession by searing his brand into her skin. One woman’s fight for freedom. A slice of happiness that seems to be just beyond her reach...”
- Deer Valley College: The Complete Series by C.C. Piper and Jacob Allen <— SHE GAVE IN TO HIM… “…In high school, he was the guy who picked on me. He didn’t know how to deal with his obsession over me. I’ve done my best to ignore him. Until…the alcohol hit, and for one night I gave in to him. Now I have to deal with the consequences…”
- ESCAPE: The Complete Trilogy by David Antocci <— THRILLER TRILOGY BUNDLE ALERT!! “…Trapped in a tropical paradise with no memory of how she got there, Abby is thrust into a fight for her life. Hunted by a madman, and chased by unsettling dreams of her past, she meets up with Eric. Together they set out to escape. Yet, they discover this deceptive paradise is harder to leave than they ever imagined...”
- Must Love Dragons: A Dragon Shifter Fated Mates Novel (Space Dragons Seek Mates Book 1) by Michelle Ziegler
- New Moon (Alpha Wolf Academy) by JJ King
- Talk Dirty, Cowboy (Dirty Cowboy Book 1) by Elle Thorpe
- When the Saint Falls: a high school bully romance (Westbrook three Book 1) by A.D. McCammon <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!! HE HATED HER ON SIGHT! “…Thatcher Michaelson is a bully. Arrogant. Cruel. Ruthless. And the most attractive guy I’ve ever laid eyes on. He’s the rebel of Westbrook High, and I’m merely the annoying goody two-shoes he dubbed the saint. There must be something wrong with me. After nearly two years of dirty looks and constant humiliation, I’m still crushing on the guy who hated me on sight...”
- Rockport Beach: The Complete Series by Claire Raye <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! “Small town romance has never been so steamy… This complete series includes all three books in the deliciously addictive Rockport Beach erotic suspense series, featuring sexy alpha heroes and explosive, page-turning chemistry!”
- <— SUNDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! IT’S LIVE ONE DAY EARLY!!!!!! 😲😃 Inappropriate is the latest by Author Vi Keeland!!!! She got fired from her job because of a video…
“…All because of a video taken when I was on vacation with my friends—a private video made on my private time. Or so I thought…
Pissed off, I cracked open a bottle of wine and wrote my own letter to the gazillionaire CEO telling him what I thought of his company and its practices. I didn’t think he’d actually respond. I certainly never thought I’d suddenly become pen pals with the rich jerk…”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial)<— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons)!!
- The Witness by Nora Roberts <— Northernstar loved this one!
Northernstar: One of my absolute favorites is The Witness by Nora Roberts. Both the book and the audio are fantastic.
- See Me by Nicholas Sparks <— SUPER-SALE on this one if you’re an Audible member!!! 😀
- Room: A Novel by Emma Donoghue <— I LOVE IT AND IT’S ON SALE TOO!! She was kidnapped and had HIS baby in a tiny room… held captive. OMG SO GOOD!! P.S. Here’s my 5 STAR Book Review
Nay: …I listened to Room by Emma Donoghue and I loved it! I put it off for a long time because I didn’t know if I could handle listening to a kid narrate (actually the “kid” was a woman), but it was one of those books I love with an ensemble cast who each did their own part, and I thought it was phenomenal. It didn’t hurt that one of the narrators was Robert Petkoff, one of the best male narrators of ever. The child’s voice (Jack) did narrate most of it, but the writing was so unique that I just couldn’t put it down. I looked for things to cook or clean so that I could keep listening.
On an horridly sad note, at first I thought Jack was narrated by a man, but when Robin asked me about the narration and I started thinking about it, I realized that there was no way a man could be making the voice sound the way it did. So upon looking again, I found out that the narrator for Jack was Michal Friedman, an actress/singer who tragically died a little over a year after the book was released after delivering twins via c-section. Thankfully, the twins were healthy, but what a horrible thing to have happened. She was an extremely talented narrator.
- My Oxford Year: A Novel by Julia Whelen <— ONE OF MY BEST OF 2018 and it’s on super-sale!! P.S. Here’s my 5-STAR review.
Kathe: Thx Maryse for the recommendation of My Oxford Year by Julia Whelan. I absolutely loved it!
Marge: I had just finished reading My Oxford Year when your review came out. Yes, it was an incredibly good book.
Tasha J: LOVING it. It’s just what I was in the mood for and didn’t even know it- can’t stop grinning!
Michele G: My Oxford Year is also one of my faves for the year!!
Susan: My Oxford Year … I have nominated it in several categories. It was definitely one of the best books of the year for me as well as one of the best books of all time on my list.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor <— One on Tessa’s BEST OF 2018 list!! And it’s on super-sale today!!
Tessa: I finished Strange the Dreamer and oh… I don’t want to leave the world. I don’t want to abandon Weep or Lazlo. I want to stay there forever and just live. Warning… CH, but wow, the writing was well done, and the story stole my heart. Honestly, it will probably be in the best of the year category.
…just mind-blowing. The writing and the intelligence of this book had me hooked. I honestly didn’t want to stop reading it. The characters were fully fleshed and very human, and the questions that kept going through my mind while reading it… some were answered, some weren’t. It was just a really well made book.
- Burying Water by K.A. Tucker <— SUPER-SALE and she’s one of my favorite authors!!!
Ashley: My favorite K.A. Tucker book is Burying Water. That whole series is amazing, but I’ve listened to that one about 5 times.
Theresa: Burying Water …That was really good and had a follow up him POV that I did not read yet. Really interesting plot line.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard <— SUPER-SALE!!! MUCH LOVED series amongst our crew!!
Rebecca: Red Queen (from your list), was simply epic. Hunger Games feel, and this is a great one for fantasy virgins, as you’re thrown straight into the story, instead of world building. Optioned for a movie deal!!
Tessa: Finished Red Queen and OMG. It was good. …. Tons of emotions and the end, I didn’t expect. Loved it! …I got that from the library and devoured it.
Robyn: Victoria Aveyard has a gift for writing. Her words and story flow so easily. I love a book where I can just read, not having to stop for grammar or continuity mistakes. I got so involved with the h, Mare’s cause and all the people she pulled into it with her, especially Cal, the H. These books had everything in them that I love, except sexy times, which were only alluded to because this is a YA book. That was okay because there was so much other stuff going on that kept me enraptured. Beautifully written series, I highly recommend it!
Amy: I agree about Red Queen as well. DEFINITELY agree. 😀 All the suspense with not knowing who to trust and questioning everyone was done VERY well.
- The Sea of Tranquility: A Novel by Katja Millay <— ONE OF OUR FOREVER 5-STAR FAVORITES is on super-sale today!!! P.S. Here’s my 5-STAR Book Review 😀
Ava: Sea Of Tranquility is my fav audio book ever!
Jenn: I will never forget mine as it still is my all time favorite. “The Sea of Tranquility” I re-read it every year…it’s like home to me. 🙂 Very fitting as that is what coming here is like for me 🙂 …That book never gets old and I find each time I read it I fall more in love with Josh Bennet…sigh. My first visit to Maryse’s blog was the day she posted her review to this book and I’ve been hooked on her ever since 🙂
Rebecca: My epic read is The Sea of Tranquility! I stared at the wall and cried for 10 mins after finishing.
Amy: you HAVE to read Sea of Tranquility!!! I read it YEARS ago (and was thrilled when I found this place and saw how many loved it here as well!), and I still get flutters in my tummy when I think about it.
Tasha J: Sea Of Tranquility! That book is one that gives me a sense of nostalgia, it’s one of the greats!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Inappropriate by Vi Keeland – January 20th 2019
- Descent by Natasha Knight – January 20th 2019
- A Quartet of Pleasures: Four Steamy, Symphonic Shorts by Annabel Joseph – January 20th 2019
- Whatever It Takes (Bad Reputation Duet Book 1) by – January 21st 2020
- Gwendy’s Magic Feather by Stephen King & Richard Chizmar – January 21st 2020
- Frenemies by Emma Hart – January 21st 2020
- Dream With Me (With Me In Seattle Book 13) by Kristen Proby – January 21st 2020
- Riven Knight (Tin Gypsy Book 2) by Devney Perry – January 21st 2020
- Bitter Falls (Stillhouse Lake Book 4) by Rachel Caine – January 21st 2020
- Herd That (The Valentine Boys Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale – January 21st 2020
- Koyn (Royal Bastards MC) by K. Webster – January 21st 2020
- The Majesties: A Novel by Tiffany Tsao – January 21st 2020
- Almost Just Friends: A Novel by Jill Shalvis – January 21st 2020
- When Hope Ends: life begins by Freya Barker – January 21st 2020
- American Dirt: A Novel by Jeanine Cummins – January 21st 2020
- Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy) by A. Jade – January 23rd 2020
- The Forever Crew: A High School Murder-Mystery Romance (Adamson All-Boys Academy Book 3) by C.M. Stunich – January 24th 2020
- About Last Night (The Alpha Boyfriends Book 2) by J.S. Cooper – January 24th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).