HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!! I took a day off work yesterday to enjoy the company of friends that were in town, and to make the most AMAZING spaghetti meat sauce (though it started off as “stuffed bell pepper soup”).
You see… I’m sometimes bad at following directions, (I like to improvise while cooking) and so I used double the ground beef, and added the rice at the start of the 6-hour long cooking process (instead of just going with instant rice at the very end), and it was so thick, I decided to call it “spaghetti meat sauce”. LOL!!! But DELICIOUS nonetheless. Probably the best meat sauce I’ve ever made, actually. 😉
Okay so as usual, I’m building today’s list as we speak, so let me know if you found one that must be on here. 😀
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Enemies Abroad by R.S. Grey <— R.S. GREY’S LATEST!! TEACHERS WHO ARE ENEMIES-TO-LOVERS ALERT! “...The shrill whine of the school bell announces the start of each day’s no-holds-barred grudge match. Since neither of us is looking to get fired or thrown in prison, we war with our words and our wits. We prefer banter that bites. All day, I’m on edge, looking around every corner, expecting him to do his worst. Just when I think I can’t take the sight of his (regretfully) handsome face for one more minute, the school day is done. Summer usually offers the sweetest relief—a two-month Noah detox—but not this year...”
- A Song of Death and Spirit: Book One (Kingdom of Roses 1) by C.N. McDonald <— LIVE!!
- Red Kiss by Drury Jamison<— LIVE!!
- Punk Love by L.J. Shen <— L.J. SHEN’S LATEST IS LIVE!! “...Alex is a taciturn teen with a chip on his shoulder and plans that do not involve having a girlfriend. Lara is the romantic girl who wants a taste of danger…but not enough to risk her entire life. When they first meet, they have one thing in common–an acquaintance neither of them is particularly attached to. What starts as a casual relationship spins into an angsty love story with ups, downs, and heartache...”
- Unforgettable In Love (The Maverick Billionaires, Book 7) by Bella Andre and Jennifer Skully <— LIVE!!
- Mike Bravo Ops: Iris by Eden Finley <— LIVE!!!
- Seth: An M/M Hockey Romance (Johnson Family Rules Book 3) by Carly Marie <— LIVE!
- Captured: A Rejected Mates Romance (Mate Rejected Book 3) by Eve Bale <— LIVE!
- Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover <— RECENT RELEASE AND BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE MONDA & CRISTINA 5-STAR LOVED IT!
Mona: Just finished Reminders of Him. Could not put it down all day! Another great read by Colleen Hoover! Definitely needs a tissue alert!
Cristina: I’m diving into Reminders of Him today. I can’t deny Colleen. Grabbing my box of tissues now!
Maryse: I’m thrilled to know this! I can’t figure out where the story is going by that blurb at all…
Cristina: I’m 44% into Reminders of Him and I can already tell this one is going to absolutely wreck me! The level of emotion I’m feeling right now reminds me of It Ends With Us. Talk about some heavy hitting stuff! What Colleen can do with words is magical!
R. Renee: I’m at 17% and loving it so far!
Cristina: I finished Reminders of Him yesterday afternoon and when I closed the book, all I could say was WOW (with tears coming down my cheeks)!! This book is absolutely incredible! 5 HUGE stars for me! It’s going to be hard to beat this book as my 2022 favorite and it’s only January.
Although this book deals with a different topic than It Ends With Us, it reminded me of it because it had me so deep in my feels. It’s heartbreaking and gut wrenching and just beautiful. It deals with some really heavy stuff like It Ends With Us and Colleen just pens it to paper in a way that even if you’ve never experienced it personally, you will still feel it… deeply.
As a Mother and wife, I can relate to Kenna and Grace and my heart shattered to pieces for these two. It’s about the power of grief, guilt and forgiveness. It’s also about perception and second chances.
I really just can’t say enough great things about it. When I finally learned what happened that tragic night, I choked up with tears and had to take a break. I was so heartbroken for all of them. And those last couple of chapters? Make sure you have a box of tissues. You’re going to need them.
“Sometimes I wonder what Scotty would think if he could see us. It makes me hope that an afterlife doesn’t exist, because if it does, Scotty is probably the only sad person in heaven. “
- Camp Nerd: Walker Hills #1 by Bella Jewel <— LIVE!!! BELLA JEWEL ALERT!! NERDY GIRL VACATION WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HER ESCAPE!! “…Hot, cowboy bliss. Horses and mountains, rivers and campfires. It’s exactly what I need. Don’t get me started on the man who seems scarily into me, even though I’m about as fun as a stone on the ground. I’m also as ugly as one. Okay, that’s a bit over the top. I’m not ugly. I am, however, nerdy. Men like him don’t look at girls like me…right? I have curves and glasses and my hair isn’t Sunkissed blond. Still, everything is going beautifully…until a body shows up. As if we’re in some sort of bad romantic comedy. One of my people…mine…is dead…”
- Amarillo Cowboy Complete Series ( Irresistible Touch Book 1-6 ) : A Second Chance Western Romance by Ella Cooper <— LIVE!!! SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!!
- Hotwife by Kat Blackthorne <— LIVE!! LOVE TRIANGLE/SORT OF AGREED UPON INFIDELITY ALERT!! “...My husband set rules for whom I slept with. No one we know. Use a fake name. Never sleep over. Check emotions at the door. Don’t tell him about any of it. I followed his rules religiously. Until him. Until he made me break every rule. When my husband comes face-to-face with my mystery man he’s livid. Because they’ve already met. Now I’m caught between the man I love and the man that sets my soul on fire…”
- Summer Proposal by Vi Keeland <— HUGE HIT BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE LISA M LOVED IT!
Lisa M: I just finished the Summer Proposal by Vi Keeland. It was so good. Highly recommend. Loved everyone of her books. So well written. Swoony & all!! 😍
- The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Elizabeth O’Roark <— LIVE!! ELIZABETH O’ROARK ALERT!! HE HATES HER!! “…When Drew Wilson’s ex-boyfriend Joel “Six” Bailey asks her to go on his family trip to Hawaii with him just as her life is falling apart, she decides it’s the perfect time to give him another chance. The hitch? The Bailey family includes Six’s rude older brother, Joshua—a hot-nerd doctor who has hated Drew since the moment they met and once suggested she’d steal the family silver. Drew is determined to win the Baileys over and give this thing with Six a fair shot…but Joshua is making that difficult...”
- The Moon In The Water by Pamela Belle <— OWG LOVED THIS ONE as a “book that stayed with her”…
OWG: The first time i read The Moon In The Water by Pamela Belle I couldn’t shake it off for weeks after. I was 13 and even though it wasn’t the first book I ever read, it’s the reason I never stopped reading.
- Just Another Liar by Mandy Byatt <— LIVE!! THREE WOMEN & ONE ONLINE MAN… “...He says he loves you. He says you’re the only one. He’s just another liar… Denise, Petra, and Anna all have their reasons for being alone. But they’re not ready to share them. David is the answer to all their problems. But they’ve only met him online. Each woman wants her happy ending. But only one of them can get it...”
- TASHA J’S CURRENT READING LIST:
I am ready for the weekend, it’s been a busy week. So, I’m reading several books right now bc I’m nuts. This never works well for me.
Currently simultaneously reading
- The Song Book of Benny Lament by Amy Harmon,
- Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson, and
- Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson.
- And for a family read together, actually just me and my oldest, Percy Jackson. It’s a little overwhelming, but I hope to finish a couple by the end of the month.
- I can’t wait for Sarah J Maas’s new one next week AND
- the 2nd Finlay Donovan book Feb. 1st. A couple of my most anticipated this year. 🙂
And, I’m excited to say, I just went on Netgalley hoping I could get a copy of Amy Harmon’s newest, The Unknown Beloved, and I got it because it’s Read Now! I can’t wait to dive in, she an auto buy author for me.
- Things We Never Got Over by Lucy Score <— MONA 5-STAR LOVED THIS ONE!!
Mona: Just read a second 5 star for me book this week! The first was Reminders of Him (previously mentioned) and I just finished Things We Never Got Over by Lucy Score. It has a bit of a Tatum Jackson/Laurie/Sweet Dreams feel to it. How do I follow up from those two?!?
Cristina: I just finished Reminders of Him yesterday and WOW! The book hangover is real. Definitely 5 huge stars from me!
Cristina: I’m going to dive into Things We Never Got Over now. Thanks for the recommendation!
- White Picket Fence by Laura Branchflower <— ANGIE RECOMMENDS THIS ONE FOR OUR “OTHER WOMAN” LIST!
Angie: I can’t see White Picket Fence by Laura Branchflower on this list. It may not fit here but it’s OW and I loved it.
- CRISTINA’S READING LIST!
…I’m currently finishing up This Love by Samantha Victoria. It was a recommendation from some of you on here a few weeks back. It’s pretty good!
I don’t really get the Beautiful Disaster feel from it, but definitely reminiscent of some of my favorite indie books. Not sure what I’m moving onto next.
I still haven’t read the new one from Vi Keeland yet and there were some other recommendations from you all that looked really good too!
I’d also like to start Will by Will Smith. I saw his interview with Oprah on Apple+ TV and it really resonated with me. His book has over 6400 five star reviews on Amazon.
There are so many good books out right now. Uh, its a struggle, but one I like to have 😉
- BABY, PLEASE (The OHellNO Series Book 7) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— LIVE!! MIMI JEAN PAMFILOFF ALERT!! FOOTBALL STAR’S SURPRISE BABY & NOW ALL EYES ARE ON HIM!! “…Ever since I was recruited by my college football team, I’ve pushed myself hard. Going pro and earning some real money is a must. Mostly because my brother, Flip, is in a bad place, and I’m all he’s got. No problem. I’m tough. I’m a hard worker. I’ve got a plan. Then right before the season starts, a woman shows up at my apartment with a baby, claiming I’m the father. And then she leaves her with me. For a week? Forever? I have no idea, but college, football, and the single-dad gig don’t go together…”
- The Winter Keeper’s Wife (Book Club: Heartsgate): Heartsgate Haven by Danni Roan <— LIVE!!
- The Playmaker: An Opposites Attract Hockey Romance (Chesterboro University Book 3) by Josie Blake <— LIVE!!
- MONY’S RECENT READS!
Mony: Couple books I read…
4.5⭐ The Plight Before Christmas by Kate Stewart – A great story! I loved it. Kate Stewart’s strong writing shines again! (GR rating 4.5)
4⭐Return Billionaire to Sender (Billionaires of Manhattan #5) by Annika Martin – Hilarious, witty, hot, sexy CEO…what more do you need? Perfect winter read.
- Lotus by Jennifer Hartmann <— R. Renee’s latest!
- Gypsy Brothers Series by Lili St. Germain <—- OLDIE BUT GOODIE ALERT! AIMEE LOVES THIS SERIES!
Aimee: OMG I am almost finished with this series. Each one is a pretty quick read. It is awesome!!! Definitely not for the faint of heart!!! My anxiety level was high not knowing what was going to happen! Definitely recommend!
- At This Moment by Karen Cimms <— SUPER-ANGSTY ROCK STAR ROMANCE!! TAMMY WENT CRAZY FOR THIS ONE!
Tammy: I read this book abd OMG feel in love with it!!! It had me crying and laughing!! I really love JOEY!! He is like my gay best friend!!! Karen Cimms is just as good or better then EL James!!!
- Screams in Symphony: A Dark Mafia Romance (Malvagio Mafia Duet Book 2) by Kelsey Clayton <— LIVE!!
- Gunmetal Lily: A Dark Mafia Romance (Mafia Wars) by Rebecca Royce <— LIVE!!!
- Rookie: A Firefighter Romance (Bradford Station Book 1) by Laramie Briscoe <— LIVE!!! OOOPS!! THE CHIEF’S DAUGHTER!! “…As a Probationary Firefighter, I’m doing everything I can to impress the members of my company. Knowing I’m the first in my family to be educated makes me proud, and gives me hope for the future. I hold myself to a higher standard than anyone else, especially with a southern small-town breathing down my neck. One night, on a dark mountain road, I help the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen in my life change a flat tire. What I don’t know, is she’s the youngest daughter of my Chief. His number one rule? Don’t date his daughter’s…”
- The Broken Mirror: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novella: (Remarkable Remedies) (Haven Hollow Book 13) by J.R. Rain and H.P. Mallory <— LIVE!!
- Dominating Alpha Wolf: A Paranormal Shifter Romance (Demon Hollowers Motorcycle Club Book 2) by Skye Wilson and Lindsey Devin <— LIVE!!
- Against A Wall: A Stonecut County Romance by Cate C. Wells <— LIVE!! HER HIGH SCHOOL BULLY IS NOW HER FAKE BOYFRIEND!! “...Cash Wall has been messing with me since junior high. Nuisance stuff, mostly. Name calling. Pranks. Honestly, he’s nowhere near the worst of my problems. Back in school, I had bigger fish to fry, and now, I’ve got a “scarlet letter” situation going on. The whole town hates me. For some reason, Cash offers himself up as my knight in shining armor. So now, my former tormentor is my fake boyfriend. What could possibly go wrong?…”
- Designing His Duchess (Regency in Color Book 3) by Gabrielle Carr <— LIVE!!!
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Lotus by Jennifer Hartmann
- The Unknown Beloved by Amy Harmon
- Just Another Liar by Mandy Byatt
- Will by Will Smith & Mark Manson
- Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover
- Punk Love by L.J. Shen
- The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea by Elizabeth O’Roark
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Poisoned Forest: A Wild Hunt Adventure (Hedge Dragon Series Book 1) by Yasmine Galenorn – January 25th 2022
- The Best Men by Lauren Blakely and Sarina Bowen – January 25th 2022
- Texas Homecoming (The Ryan Family, 2) by Carolyn Brown – January 25th 2022
- Take A Chance With Me: A With Me In Seattle Novel (With Me In Seattle – The O’Callaghans Book 5) by Kristen Proby – January 25th 2022
- Dangerous Survivor (Crimson Point Series Book 7) by Kaylea Cross – January 25th 2022
- Highland Wolf: Highland Brides by Lynsay Sands – January 25th 2022
- Seoulmates by Jen Frederick – January 25th 2022
- Running Wild: a Novel by K.A. Tucker – January 25th 2022
- Maddie Baker and the Cockamamie Killer by Denise Grover Swank – January 25th 2022
- Savage Road (Torpedo Ink Book 7) by Christine Feehan – January 25th 2022
- Always Someone’s Monster (Battle Crows MC Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale – January 25th 2022
- The Resurrection (Unlawful Men) by Jodi Ellen Malpas – January 25th 2022
- His Lessons on Love: A Logical Man’s Guide to Dangerous Women Novel by Cathy Maxwell – January 25th 2022
- Claim Me (Vampire Wardens Resurrection Book 2) by Lisa Renee Jones – January 25th 2022
- Nothing but Ink: A Montgomery Ink: Fort Collins Novella by Carrie Ann Ryan – January 25th 2022
- Never Tell by Stacey Abrams and Selena Montgomery – January 25th 2022
- Secret Obsession (The Secret Series Book 7) by Jill Sanders – January 25th 2022
- Gorgeous Misery (Creeping Beautiful Book 3) by JA Huss – January 25th 2022
- The Queen of Curses by Jessica Sorensen – January 25th 2022
- Getting His Game Back: A Novel by Gia De Cadenet – January 25th 2022
- Indecent (The Phoenix Club Book 4) by Darcy Burke – January 25th 2022
- The Best of Both Wolves: Steamy, Action-Packed Wolf Shifter Romance (Red Wolf Book 2) by Terry Spear – January 25th 2022
- Black Heart (A Black’s Bandits Novel): HOT Heroes for Hire: Mercenaries by Lynn Raye Harris – January 25th 2022
- Kevin by Riley Edwards – January 25th 2022
- Munro by Kresley Cole – January 25th 2022
- From Salt to Skye (Legends and Lovers) by Adriane Leigh – January 25th 2022
- Hauling Ashe (Road Trips & Romance) by L.B. Dunbar – January 27th 2022
- I Like You, I Hate Her (Something Like Love) by J.R. Rogue – January 27th 2022
- Getting Real by Emma Chase – January 31st 2022
- Axel’s Grind (Savage Hell MC Book 5) by K.L. Ramsey – January 31st 2022
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!