SUNDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! I just posted my latest review. 😉 ➔ Book Review – When Ashes Fall by Marni Mann
Holy moly I can’t believe we’re already well into 2019, so much so, that I’m not writing 2018 anymore!! 😛 This list is incredible today!! Over 35 books and most of ’em are reader recommendations (my favorite!!) 😀
But first! Some highlights of the week:
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! The Mister by E.L. JAMES ALERT!!!This one’s up for preorder and coming out in just a couple of months! P.S. We have a VERY good question by Jessa about this one, and I’m curious too! ➔➔➔
Jessa: Do we know what the relation is between Max and Christian’s mother/father’s family? (Grace and Carrick) Since they share the same last name?
- ALSO… in case you missed it, check out the latest “Genre” list that we built!! Reader Recommended Interracial Romance Books (so many on here and the list keeps growing!!)
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Work In Progress: A Marriage of Convenience Romantic Comedy by Staci Hart <— LIVE!!! STACI HART’S LATES FAKE MARRIAGE ALERT!! “…Bestselling author. Notorious bad boy. Savagely handsome, dark as sin, chiseled as stone. And somehow, my soon-to-be husband. Marry him, and I’ll land my dream job. Save him, and I’ll walk away with everything I’ve ever wanted. All I have to do is remember it’s all for show…“
- Strong Suit by Lauren Blakley <— LIVE!! LAUREN BLAKELY SHORT STORY ALERT!!
- Like Some Old Country Song (Summer Lake Silver Book 1) by SJ McCoy <— LIVE!!
- Smash (Mountain Bears Book 2) by Becca Fanning <— LIVE!!
- The Bratva’s Baby: A Dark Mafia Romance (Wicked Doms) by Jane Henry <— LIVE!!
- Her Lifeline by L.A. Casey <— LIVE!! SHE’S ALWAYS HAD A CRUSH ON HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND… “…When the person they both love most—Erin’s brother Tommy—is nearly killed in a terrible crash, she and Ward are thrown back together for the first time. Their lives couldn’t be further apart. Erin still lives at home, working two jobs and dealing with a series of family disasters. Ward, now a multibillionaire entrepreneur and a household name, seems determined to make amends..”
- Finding My Wings (White Dove Book 2) by Maya William <— LIVE!!
- Trafficked: A Dark Romance by Alexis Abbott <— LIVE!!
- My Super-Hot Fake Wedding Date by Leigh James <— LIVE!!
- Looking for Trouble (Nashville U Book 1) by Stacey Lewis <— LIVE!!
- IF | A Novel by Randi Cooley Wilson <— OMG Robyn makes me wanna read this SO BAD (especially since she says it reminds her of a few of her favorites which are also my favorites). AND THAT COVER!!!!!
Robyn: Maryse and everyone, I’m soooo excited to tell you about a book I just finished! It’s called If by Randi Cooley Wilson. This is the first book I’ve read by this author, and OMG what a book. It reminds me a little of the Avoiding series by KA Linde. The main characters meet freshman year of college.
Oh the angst with these two! Eeek! It’s never the right time for them. I don’t want to give anything away, it’s that good. This book is right up there with Unbreak My Heart by Nicole Jacquelyn. Now if you know anything about me, that is one of my all time favorite books and nothing can top it. If is giving it a run for the money. You guys have to read this glorious book!
- The Banker by Penelope Sky <— Recent release and now we have feedback!! MichelleS is LOVING it!
MichelleS: I started The Banker & im almost done! Squee. So good. Setting – Italy, Florence & Tuscany. Characters – seedy, wicked, gangster types. Plot – to save her dad, get close to & betray the worst of them. And he’s a real doozy. Hot alpha alert!
- Hidden Worthiness (The Pagano Brothers Book 2) by Susan Zanetti <— LIVE!!! And Jan’s excited!! 😀
Jan: Last night I realised there is a NEW PAGANO BROTHERS book out. Sweeet. Hidden Worthiness by Susan Fanetti. It came out earlier this month but somehow I missed it. Anyhoo, I’m already totally hooked and can’t seem to stop reading. Scarred mafia man and ballerina.
- The Princess (Filthy Trilogy Book 2) by Lisa Renee Jones <— LISA RENEE JONES ALERT!! Lisa M is excited about this recent release!!
Lisa M: Mine mine mine!! I’ve been waiting for book 2 so The Princess is up first. Lisa Renee Jones has the best Alpha males.
Mary Beth: I love Lisa Renee Jones. Her books are captivating and I find them hard to put down.
- Ruined: (McIntyre Security Bodyguard Series – Book 6) by April Wilson <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT & MichelleS was also into this one!!
MichelleS: I’m currently reading Ruined (McIntyre Body Guards Series 6). Was on someone’s list somewhere! Loving it. It’s a m/m, done so well. AND it’s younger/older… loving it.
- One Day in December: A Novel by Josie Silver <— OMG BLURB JOLT ALERT!! Back on the list ’cause I keep hearing how awesome this one is, and here’s another recommendation! AND… Dena recommends it and wants MORE LIKE IT!!!
Dena: Hi guys! I just finished reading One day in december by Josie Silver and I loved it. I am a big sucker for these type of books.
Can someone recommend me books like this? With theme where hero and heroine loved each other for a long time? I read The opportunist, A love letter to whiskey which were a bit similar. Thanks for any recommendation!
- Redemption Lane (Crossroads Book 1) by Rachel Blaufeld <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!
Virginia: Redemption Lane by Rachel Blaufeld is on sale…. Loved it!!
- The Kiss Thief by L.J. Shen <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!! Back on the list ’cause D.G. is LOVING it!
D.G.: Hello!!! Soooooo….I started reading The Kiss Thief earlier today and I am HOOKED!!! My catnip…bully and arranged marriage. Not too far in yet but that Wolfe is a big ole meanie!
- Marley: A Carnage Novel. by Lesley Jones <— Jean loved it!!
Jean: LOVED, LOVED, LOVED MARLEY (3RD book in Carnage series)….. it made the whole series for me!!!!!!!! Glad I stuck with it even after not being thrilled with book 1…..so worth it to get Marley’s POV!! (Thanks Paula for pushing me and getting me to stick with it)
- My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren <— Steph N LOVED IT!
Steph N: I read My Half Night Stand and LOVED LOVED LOVED it.
- Cry Baby by Ginger Scott <— GANG MEMBER & THE NEW GIRL IN TOWN ALERT!!! While Pia was sick, this one kept her company and she loved it!
Pia: I finished Cry Baby by Ginger Scott a couple of days ago. I went in blind and it was one of the best reads in a long time. The story is about a gang member and the new girl in the neighborhood.Not your typical HEA but the perfect ending in my opinion. I can’t seem to let this one go. I have startet a new book but I still keep thinking about Cry Baby and wishing I could stay in their world a little longer. I highly recommend this one…
- Forever Winter by Alexa Riley <— The latest by Alexa Riley is LIVE!! TOTAL BLURB JOLT!!! They met but lost each other amidst fire alarm chaos…
“…Bo has been searching for the woman of his dreams for four long months. When his brother Cory’s fiancée shows up at the family estate pregnant, his world is turned upside down…”
- Year One: Chronicles of The One, Book 1 by Nora Roberts <— MichelleS is HOOKED! HOOKED I TELL YOU!!
MichelleS: I’m reading Year One, by Nora Roberts. Already hooked. Post Apocalyptic, mixed with Irish “Magick”… characters I already love…. so so good. Haven’t read her in years. Forgot how great a writer she is. …Haven’t thrown peanuts in FOREVER! I’m throwing Nay a stack of peanuts – for Year One! There.
Nay: MichelleS–I will definitely read that–thank you! Y’all probably won’t believe it, but I don’t think I’ve ever read a Nora Roberts/J.D. Robb book.
Tessa: MichelleS, I keep wanting to read that! So much. I used to read her all the time, but she’s so prolific it gets expensive. lol I was kicking myself for seeing the sale on Year One the day after it ended. *sniffles* It sounds so good, and now Irish myth? *Whimpers* I WANT!
- A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi <— TAKES PLACE A YEAR AFTER 9/11 & Kathy P 5-star recommends it!!
Kathy P: for those of you with teenage daughters or who like YA books, my daughter and I read A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi. It takes place a year after 9/11. We loved it but both wish it had an epilogue at end. But we would still give it 5 stars.
- The Ring: A Supernatural & Paranormal Romance Novel (The Lost Archangels Book 2) by Tatenda Creed <— LIVE!!
- Rock God Heir (The Heirs Book 5) by Brandy Munroe <— LIVE!!
- Perdition (The Love Unauthorized Series Book 3) by Jennifer Michael <— LIVE!!
- All My Truths & One Lie by Fabiola Francisco <— LIVE!!
- 44 Chapters About 4 Men: A Memoir by B.B. Easton <— NAY IS CRAZY FOR THIS SERIES!
Nay: I HIGHLY recommend the 44 Chapters series by B.B. Easton if you’re looking for a coming of age series that’s full of non-stop excitement (sex, drugs, romance, fast cars, rock ‘n roll).
The books are based on B.B. Easton’s life from 15 on (although she’s 15, these are NOT YA), and each book features the story of her life during the time she’s dating a different boyfriend.
They are well written and edited and are full of non-stop wild tales of a young girl who’s learning EVERYTHING about life and love (I don’t see how she made it through her junior and senior years of high school!)
I LOVED book #1, Skin, and I’m almost finished with book #2, Speed, and I’m loving it just as much. Star is next and I don’t think I can stop!
- Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men Book 2) by Giana Darling <— FORBIDDENY & Laura BAWLED HER EYES OUT!! It’s back on the list ’cause there’s SO much love for it!!
Laura: Wow!! I just finished Welcome to the Dark Side by Giana Darling, which I found by reading this list. Stayed up all night and bawled my way through the story. I just had to know if Louise lived. A fantastic SIX star read.
- Metalhead: A Motorcycle Club Romance (Trojans MC) by Evelyn Glass
- Tear Her Apart: A Motorcycle Club Romance (Devil’s Hornets MC) by Paula Cox
- Only for Love by Cristin Harber <— LIVE!!! HE’S MR. POPULAR BUT HE HIDES HIS LIFE… “...He hides a life of hell. His father hates him, his mother’s gone. Emma is his only savior, yet she doesn’t know her power over him. She’s the only girl he wants, the only one he could ever tell–though he won’t...”
- Bear’s Fake Bride (Shifter Marriage Service Book 2) by Sky Winters
- My Forever (Our Forever Book 3) by Elena Matthews
- Glory: A Motorcycle Club Romance (Devil’s Kin MC) by Naomi West
- Reckless: A Motorcycle Club Romance (Twisted Devils MC) by Heather West
- Badd Medicine (The Badd Brothers Book 11) by Jasinda Wilder <— LIVE!!! JASINDA WILDER ALERT!! The last of the triplets… “…Isadora Styles—Izzy to those know her well. She’s gorgeous, sassy, and impossible. She’s wild and untamable. She’s smart, successful, and evasive. She’s got a libido no man has ever been able to satisfy… Until she meets Ramsey Badd…”
- The Controversial Princess (The Smoke & Mirrors Duology Book 1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas <— JODI ELLEN MALPAS SUPER-BARGAIN!!!
Anne: …for a little bit more of angst and drama, The Controversial Princess and His True Queen by Jodie Ellen Malpas. It’s everything and more!
A contemporary romance about the forbidden love that blooms between Adeline, the princess of england, and Josh, Hollywood’s latest heartthrob. You NEED to read this one.
- Seductive Nights: The Complete Julia and Clay Collection by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! “The Complete Julia and Clay Collection is a box set of all the books starring Julia and Clay in the New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Seductive Nights Series. This box set includes First Night, Night After Night, After This Night, and One More Night. This is the ONLY Seductive Nights box set that includes the final Julia and Clay story, ONE MORE NIGHT.”
Pia: I’m a huge fan of Lauren Blakely and I have read most of her books. Started with the books in the Seductive Nights series and read 4 books in 4 days during af Holiday in Spain. Spain will always remind me of Lauren Blakely But her books keep getting better and better and I cannot wait to start Sweet Sinful Nights. No one can write steamy scenes as Lauren Blakely and my expectations for Brent are high – if he is just half as sexy as Clay this will be a hot and delightful read.
AUDIOBOOK L VERS!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- ROCHELLE FOUND US A DEAL!!! She says:
Wanted to let everyone know the Aublble is having a big sale … for many titles. Outlander and My Oxford year are both on that sale list.
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- My Oxford Year: A Novel by Julia Whelan <— R says WOW.
R. Renee: Gah!!!!!!!!! I just (this very second) finished My Oxford Year on audio. Wow.
- Gus: Bright Side Series #2 by Kim Holden <— Brooke says the narrator is phenomenal!!!
I just finished Bright Side and wow, it was a real tear jerker! I am listening to the audiobook version of Gus (usually it’s hard for me to get into audiobooks, but the male narrator in this book is phenomenal) and so far it’s good, but it is moving a bit slow paced. I plan to make my way through a lot of the suggestions here. I love these lists Maryse!
- When August Ends by Penelope Ward <— PREORDER for the audiobook IS LIVE!!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! )
- If I Only Knew by Corinne Michaels – January 28th 2019
- Tomboy (The Hartigans Book 3) by Avery Flynn – January 28th 2019
- 99 Percent Mine: A Novel by Sally Thorne – January 29th 2019
- Free (Chaos Series Book 6) by Kristen Ashley – January 29th 2019
- Vengeance Road (Torpedo Ink) by Christine Feehan – January 29th 2019
- Drawn Into Love (Fluke My Life Book 4) by Aurora Rose Reynolds – January 29th 2019
- Hollywood Playboy (Hollywood Royalty) by Natasha Madison – January 29th 2019
- Tainted Forever (Tainted Knights Book 5) by Terri Anne Browning – January 29th 2019
- Juicy Rebound (IceCats Book 1) by Toni Aleo – January 29th 2019
- Not a Hero (Sons of the Survivalist Book 1) by Cherise Sinclaire – January 29th 2019
- Renaissance Man by Tessa Bailey – January 30th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).