Don’t forget to check out:
- Kirsten Pursell’s “Long Enough to Love You” is LIVE & we’re having a fun giveaway bundle!! <— Today’s newsletter sponsor!!
- Reader Questions <— NEW ONES!! Plus a bunch that have been solved. 😀
- Readers’ Top 2022 Favs <— In case you’ve missed ’em
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔ Kindle Unlimited for a one month free trial!
➔➔ KINDLE UNLIMITED DEALS!! 6 months, 1 year & 2 years!! I’m gonna get the one year. 😀
➔➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP SUPER-SALE!!! 😲 for a one month free trial!
- An Optimist’s Guide to Heartbreak (Heartsong Duet Book 1) by Jennifer Hartmann <— LOOKIT YOU GUYS!!!! One of our favorite authors ever, and her latest duet is COMPLETE & LIVE!!
Lynn: She is very talented and her books have all the feels …This is a new author to me and I am so in love with her flawless writing and storytelling.
Linda: Jennifer Hartmann. Giving my heart a pounding!!
Michelle: I have t read her yet, where do I need to start?!?
Maryse: My own experience that rocked my world was “Still Beating” (she gets kidnapped along with her brother-in-law that she hates!!! Chained in a room together. HOLY MOLY what a story.) Here’s my 4.5 STAR review.
- A Pessimist’s Guide to Love (Heartsong Duet Book 2) by Jennifer Hartmann <— LIVE!!!! HERE’S THE DUET FINALE!! “…I applied for a job at his auto shop—unprepared to discover that my new boss, Cal Bishop, is now gruff, built, and covered in tattoos. I’m the sun to his overcast sky. The smile to his surly solitude. A reminder of everything he longs to forget. But my heart has a secret, and we’re running out of time to fix our torn pages...”
Jay: Just finished these this week. Loved!
- Nightmare: Prisoners of Purgatory MC #1 by Bella Jewel <— LIVE!! SHE WANTS TO KNOW THE TRUTH SO SHE’S DOING SOMETHING CRAZY… “...I want the world to know the truth. What happened that fateful day cannot be held prisoner a second longer. I can’t tell you that, though, because you’ll never talk to me. You’ll never let me in. You’ll push me away like you do everyone else. You’ll sit at that bar, your brown eyes lost and empty, until the last breath leaves your body. I can’t let that happen, you see? So, I’m going to take a risk. Do something crazy...”
- No Strings Attached (Rise Like A Rocket Book 1) by Laura Rocca <— LIVE!!
- Merciless Devil: A Mafia Romance (Sons of Valentino Book 2) by Kylie Kent <— LIVE!!
- Till Death Do Us Part : Our Solemn Vow Duet 1 by Violet Paine <— LIVE!!
- Long Enough to Love You by Kirsten Pursell <— RECENT RELEASE!! MARRIED BUT HE NO LONGER SEES HER… “...Jenn, fifty-something and empty-nesting, feels like a donut: whole on the outside but missing the middle. The deafening sound of silence in the picture-perfect, oversized home she shares with a husband who does not see her makes the voices arguing in her head hard to ignore. One voice tells her to stay because safe and simple is good; another says leave so you can be the version of yourself not defined by others. The thought of ever after without happily feels like purgatory. The chance discovery of her long-forgotten diaries unearths memories of a first love long buried, reminders that the most beautiful love is sometimes wasted on the young. Her words become a very real reminder of everything first love had been when she reconnects with Tripp in unexpected ways.…“
- Not As Planned: The Ladies Who Brunch Book 4 by Harlow James <— LIVE!!
- Blood Rose: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel: (Blood Rose Academy) (Haven Hollow Book 26) by J.R. Rain and H.P. Mallory <— LIVE!!
- Of Course It’s You by Ali Parker <— LIVE!!
- Wild (The Wild Book 1) by Micalea Smeltzer <— ROCK STAR ACHIEVES HIS WILDEST DREAMS BUT!!! “...As soon as we sign with our new record label, our producer gives us one rule; stay away from his daughter. I thought it would be easy to resist her, but Mia Hayes is under my skin. She is everything I never knew I wanted or needed...”
- MONY LOVED THESE!!
Mony: Recent book reads
The Iron Duke (Iron Seas, #1) by Meljean Brook – Intriguing fantastical setting. Exceptional steampunk machinery. An extra-fine Duke. Vibes of Sea of Ruin by Godwin. Need patience as sometimes bit too detailed. 5+stars
Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1) by Elise Kova – Well done story…with all the fixings I like. Empire world, Imperial Library, Tower of Sorcerers, Crown Prince, and quiet librarian Vhalla. 4 stars
Flirting With Danger (Samantha Jellicoe, #1) by Suzanne Enoch – A nice surprise…loved it! About proud thief Sam & British billionaire Richard Addison – their romance & mystery adventure. Richard’s strong character has vibes of Roark (In Death). Need patience as sometimes mystery aspects bit confusing. 5 stars
- Dirty by Megan Hart <— MONY ALSO LOVED THIS ONE!
Mony: Dirty by Megan Hart – One of the most sensual beautiful books I’ve ever read. 5 stars
Maryse: Megan Hart was one that I devoured when I first fell in love with contemporary books again after my paranormal run.
I’ve reviewed a ton of hers and she is fantastic, and what I love is she’s unpredictable. You never know if you’re going to get an HEA but often you do… and the journey there is always exquisite and sometimes shocking. LOVE HER! P.S. Here’s my review of “Dirty”
Mony: Ok well, looks like I’m going to have to read more of her books! I love her writing.
- Forbidden Harmony by Elizabeth Kelly <— CHANBAZ FOUND THE ANSWER TO A READER QUESTION (and she loves the book!)
Chanbaz: Read it before and remembered it was very good👌 The Tattoo Artist is named Preacher, the girl is Addison.
Just finished re-reading it and bought the series (other books are very good as well). Found your blog by searching the same thing.
- Havoc (Special Edition): A marriage-of-convenience small town, hot cop romance. (The Moonshine Task Force: Special Edition Series Book 3) by Laramie Briscoe <— LIVE!!! HER MOONSHINE MAKING FAMILY & THE COP SHE PROPOSES TO… “...My brother and my dad are proud of it. They wear their arrest records like a badge of honor. Me? I want as far away from the lifestyle as I can get. It’s the only reason I ask Holden to marry me. At least that’s what I tell myself. I never expect his whispered yes to cause such upheaval in my life...” P.S. That’s my dog’s name (Havoc) and I already love this book even more. LOL!! 😉
- The King of Sherwood Forest (The Wolfsheads book 1) by Harleigh Beck <— LIVE!!
- Devious Vows: Arranged Marriage Mafia Romance (Luciano Mafia Book 1) by AJ Wolf <— LIVE!!
- The Thick of Things (In Medias Res Book 1) by J.L. Campbell <— LIVE!!
- The Heart of Things (In Medias Res Book 2) by J.L. Campbell <— LIVE!!
- Reverse by Kate Stewart <— VIKKI LOVED THESE!!
Vikki: This by far my favorite romance read of 2022!! I could not stop thinking about it. You must read Drive first to really understand this story. It just blew me away!
- Make a Wish by Helena Hunting <— LIVE!!! RECENT RELEASE THAT I MISSED! SHE KISSED HIM & HE RAN AWAY… “…The time she almost kissed the widowed father of the toddler she nannied for. It was so bad they moved across the state and she never saw them again. Fast forward seven years and she’s totally over it. At least she thinks she is. Until Gavin Rhodes and his adorable now nine-year-old daughter, Peyton, reappear at a princess-themed birthday party hosted by Spark House, Harley’s family’s event hotel…”
- Doctor Everything: Daddy’s Best Friend Romance by Emma Blake <— LIVE!!
- Teach Me (Dorian U Book 1) by Meagan C. Matthew <— LIVE!!
- Finding My Way Back by DS Tossell <— LIVE!!
- Georgie, All Along by Kate Clayborn <— MONY IS EXCITED FOR THIS ONE!
Mony: Looking forward to checking out Georgie, All Along by Kate Clayborn. Love her writing. I thought her other book, Love Lettering, was quite special.
Love Lettering …Sweet special read. There’s a groundedness to the story & dialogue. Requires some patience…lovely meandering, but worth it. Meg, a musing calligrapher, and Reid, a math genius/banker quietly find their way together, while taking walks through iconic NYC neighbourhoods. (Reminds me of Pretty Face by Lucy Parker) 5★
- Touch of Hate : A Dark Romance by C. Hallman and J.L. Beck <— LIVE!!! HE’S THE VILLAIN & SHE IS HIS! “…They never suspected me to be the villain. That didn’t matter anymore, though, because I didn’t just want revenge, I needed it. Leaving my old life behind, I knew I could never return, but there was something… no, someone I had left behind. Scarlet. Kind. Innocent. Fragile. She was a light in the darkness of my life. Back then, she was always meant to be mine, even if having her meant breaking every single rule. Now enemies or not, she would still be mine...”
- MORE OF MONY’S RECENT READS THAT SHE ENJOYED:
MONY: Some recent reads
Evidence of the Affair by Taylor Jenkins Reid – I really liked this quick novella about a woman who suspects her husband is having an affair. Story keeps you on your toes. Stellar writing by Reid. 4
Monday Girl & Someday Girl (Duet) by Julie Johnson – I had so much fun reading this Duet. Set in Hollywood, it’s about the making of a film. Fantastic characters – actress Kat, actor Grayson, best friend Harper, producer Wyatt. First book is great, even if a bit slow. Second one moves more quickly – has more complexities, twists and turns, and even more emotions. Writing not fluffy and sometimes downright beautiful . 4.5
“I’m waiting for the right girl.”
“What if she never comes along?”
“You could be waiting a long time.”
“It doesn’t matter how long I have to wait. Because I’m waiting for my wife. And, however long it takes her to find me, I know she’ll be worth every second.”
- The Bonds That Tie Series by J. Bree <— JOSIE RECOMMENDS THESE & THESE WERE ON A RECENT “BEST OF” LIST!!
Josie: The Bonds That Tie Series by J. Bree is amazing!! its officially one of my faves now. i read them before i read zodiac academy. 100% worth a read if you loved zodiac academy. i promise you wont be disappointed!!!
- MONY’S JANUARY READS:
Here’s my line-up for January reads.
➔➔ BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER 😀 <— 30 day FREE TRIAL.
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Bachelor Contract by Victoria James – January 30th 2023
- Before Us by Jewel E. Ann – February 2nd 2023
- Miss Devoted: Mischief in Mayfair–Book Six by Grace Burrowes – February 21, 2023
- The Dangerous One (Osborn Brothers Book 1) by Lori Foster – February 21, 2023
- Confessions: Ethan (Confessions Series Book 7) by Ella Frank – February 21, 2023
- The Librarian of Burned Books: A Novel by Brianna Labuskes – February 21, 2023
- Only You (The Adair Family Series Book 5) by Samantha Young – February 21, 2023
- Save the Best for Last (Twist of Fate Book 3) by Jennifer Probst – February 21, 2023
- Keeping You: An Until Him/Her Novella by Aurora Rose Reynolds – February 21, 2023
- A Calder at Heart (The Calder Brand Book 3) by Janet Dailey – February 21, 2023
- HOT Shadows: Hostile Operations Team® – Strike Team 2 by Lynn Raye Harris – February 21, 2023
- He Said Forever (The Lost Corisis Book 4) by Ruth Cardello – February 21, 2023
- The Dom Who Came in from the Cold (Masters and Mercenaries: Reloaded Book 5) by Lexi Blake – February 21, 2023
- Things We Hide from the Light (Knockemout Book 2) by Lucy Score – February 21, 2023
- Rust or Ride (Lost Kings MC Book 22) by Autumn Jones Lake – February 21, 2023
- The Duke’s Secret Cinderella (Never a Wallflower Book 3) by Eva Devon – February 21, 2023
- The Tangle of Awful by K Webster – February 21, 2023
- Answering Atlas (Knights & Dragons MC Book 3) by Chantal Fernando – February 21, 2023
- Dante: A Friends to Lovers Mafia Romance (The Carelli Family Saga Book 3) by Eden Butler – February 21, 2023
- Desperate Acts (Pike, Wisconsin Book 4) by Alexandra Ivy – February 21, 2023
- Best Served Hot by Amanda Elliot – February 21, 2023
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!