HAPPY FRIDAY TO US!!!! So many new releases by some of our favorite authors in the last 24 hours, PLUS feedback on recent releases and recommendations!! 😀
What’s everyone doing this weekend? And what are you reading? And if you’re still trying to decide on your next book…
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Dirty Girls by Lily White <— LIVE!!! LILY WHITE’S LATEST BULLY BOOK ALERT!! “…They were the boys any good girl knew to avoid. Rich and privileged. Gorgeous and cruel. The poster boys for rebellion…their tongues so sharp they cut to the bone. We worshipped them despite their dangerous games. We laughed even as we cried. It was all fun and games until the first dirty girl died. Now, as the bodies pile up, I believe I can endure their wicked ways. Only time will tell if I’ll escape…”
- Resurrection: A Dark High School Romance (The Sainthood – Boys of Lowell High Book 1) by Siobhan Davis <— LIVE!!!
- Accidental Arrangement: A Valentine’s Novella by Stephie Walls <— LIVE!! STEPHIE WALLS ALERT!! “...From coffee to dry cleaning and all the important moments in my executives’ lives, I was the go-to girl at McAllen Enterprises—a title I loved eleven months out of the year. But by the time Valentine’s Day rolled around, I was over the gifts, cards, flowers, dinners, and most of all, personal shopping. So when a kink—Gavin Rose—makes his way into my annual holiday endeavors, I’m expecting the worst but praying for the best. And I’m surprised by the accidental arrangement that blossoms amidst the Valentine’s Day chaos…”
- Fake You: An enemies to lovers college romance (Boys of Trinity Hall Book 2) by MV Ellis
- Dare Me: Dare Duet Book Two Sawyer and Billie (Unchained Attraction 2) by K.L. Shandwick <— LIVE!! DUET CONCLUSION ALERT!!
- Cowboy Villain Damsel Duel by Ginger Scott <— LIVE!!! GINGER SCOTT ALERT!! I LOVE HER & THIS. SOUNDS. AWESOME!!! *RIVERDALE meets INCEPTION in this twisty and unique YA coming-of-age romance.*
Quarterback. Class president. Burnout. We all have our identities.
Most of the time, they come from our circumstances. They’re made by others—shoes for us to walk in whether they fit or not.
But what if?
What if we could take off those shoes? What if we could wear a different pair? What if those boxes we put ourselves in are better…worse? And what if, when we do…we’re trapped there for good?
They all call me Cowboy.
She’s the damsel who doesn’t need to be rescued.
And him…he’s the villain.
This is our story. And this is how we want it to be told.
- King of Lies by Whitney G. <— WHITNEY G’s LATEST IS LIVE!! HER HUSBAND JUST KIDNAPPED HER! “…My husband has taken me. No, correction: He’s kidnapped me because he claims that “its what’s best.” That I’m a mere pawn in his twisted game of chess. Despite the fact that my heart is still tethered to his, or the fact that he’s still the most gorgeous and beautiful man I’ve ever met in my life (he can still make me wet with a single sentence), I have to focus on getting away from him...”
- Savage Dom: A Dark Romance (Savage Island Book 1) by Jane Henry <— THERE WAS ONLY ONE PROBLEM… “…He was one of six. The biggest, the bravest, the most brutal. Programed to discipline. Dominate Destroy. It’s a fight to the death Only one will survive. But there’s one complication…. Me…”
- Dying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy Book 3) by B.B. Easton <— B.B. EASTON TRILOGY CONCLUSION ALERT!!! These must be read in order. 😀 P.S. Here’s the trilogy reading order.
Brittany: Read this series. Loved this series. Depressed as hell that it’s over. I’ve cried to BB numerous times now because I miss Wes and Rain. So happy people are about to read the conclusion in their story (and then we can all be sad together that it’s over!). …Don’t think anything can compare to my Wes and Rain 🥺🥺🥺🥺 (Obviously needing emotional support)
Pernilla: This series is amazing, currently half way through Dying For Rain and amazing!!
Jamie: Absolutely LOVED Praying for Rain! Can’t wait to dive into the next 2 books ❤ BB Easton’s writing is so vivid, exciting, and full of emotion. She sweeps me away into her stories with every one of her books.
Amanda: I read the first two books this week and am dying to read the third on Jan 30th!! I read them through kindle unlimited. My first Bb Easton books and I’m hooked!!
Tyi: I loved reading the trilogy. All of them were amazing but the second book in the series was by far the best. Fighting for Rain was dealing with the aftermath of post April 23rd.
Carrie: OMG. This is totally up my alley. I hadn’t even heard about this series so thank you for bringing it to my attention.
- Firecracker: A contemporary romance by Kelly Jamieson <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK! Michele G enjoyed this one!!
Michele G: …really liked Firecracker by Kelly Jamieson! She did a nice job with it – great story about a widow finding her way after she lost everything…
Colleen: You convinced me to give Firecracker a go. Thanks, Michele!
- The Third Best Thing by Maya Hughes <— MAYA HUGHES ALERT!! HE ENLISTS HIS NERDY NEIGHBOR TO HELP HIM FIND HIS PENPAL… “...I wanted to tell him it was me, but the fear of rejection kept my lips sealed. Now he’s enlisted my help to track down The Letter Girl and our search has him hot on my, ahem, her trail. She’s the girl next door. He’s my secret pen pal...”
- Heartland by Sarina Bowen <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!
Ashley: I’ve been in a book slump since The Wives, but I started Heartland today and it’s really good so far! Yay! 😀
Jan: Have already started Heartland. I liked the rest of the True North series and this one looks good too.
- Shutout: A Seattle Sockeyes Puck Brothers Novel (The Scoring Series Book 1) by Jami Davenport
- The Men of Elite Metal: Platinum, Zinc, & Francium by Rebecca Royce <— “These books were previously published in 3 different anthologies. The author has received her rights back and is publishing them herself now. These stories are hot romances with jealous and possessive heroes. You have been warned.”
- Intern Girl (Southern Girl Series Book 3) by Georgia Cates <— LIVE!! AGE GAP/OLDER MAN YOUNGER WOMAN ALERT!! She’s his employees daughter and now she’s his intern… “...She is my intern and under me for the summer. Literally. This was supposed to be a fling. A little fun between the sheets without commitment—that’s what we called it. But we were wrong. This is more…” P.S. It can be read as a standalone!! 😀
- Theirs To Treasure: Happily Ever After (Fate Harbor Book 1) by Caitlyn O’Leary
- Cave Alien (Ancient Earth Aliens) by Loki Renard
- Six Months with Cerberus by Naomi Lucas
- The Rogue Captain (The Lost Planet Series Book 6) by K. Webster <— K. WEBSTER’S LATEST IS LIVE!! She’s from another world and he wants her… “…She’s from another world and doesn’t want saving, for she’s on a quest of her own. Feisty and fiery, she burns bright like the sun. I crave to capture her and keep her. To hold the sparkling female in my arms forever, uncaring if I get burned. A chance mission given by my commander has us sequestered on the Mayvina all alone…”
- Marked: A Dark Possession Novel by Linnea May
- Power in Darkness: Paranormal Shifter Romance (Supernatural Community Book 2) by Krista Street
- Storm : Road Kill MC Series (Motorcycle Club / Navy SEAL Romance Thriller Book 10) by Marata Eros
- School for Stolen Secrets: A Reverse Harem Fantasy Romance (Academy for Misfit Witches Book 2) by Tara West
- Even If It Hurts by Marni Mann <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!
Susan: Started EVEN IF IT HURTS today and want to spend the whole day reading it, but at the same time, don’t want it to end.❤️ Loving it!!!
Maryse: This is exactly what I’ve been in the mood for!!! Is it super-angsty? Does it hurt? Do you have a team yet?
Susan: Maryse, I just started this morning and it’s definitely angsty! I was literally hooked by the first few pages. I’m home sick today and this is the only thing making me feel better! Im leaning to Oliver, but haven’t decided. I’ll get back to you 😜
Susan: okay Lance is pretty great too. Darn it 🤪🥰
Anne: Just started reading this! Awesome so far!
- Dirty Sweet Valentine: And Other Filthy Tales of Love by Laurelin Paige <— LAURELIN PAIGE FOUR BOOK BUNDLE ALERT!!! Oh yeah!! “…These four standalone romances can be found in this steaming hot holiday collection, from the author of the Fixed Trilogy and Dirty Filthy Rich Men.. A hero who forgets Valentine’s Day. A hero who remembers. A hero with a Valentine’s surprise. And a hero with a holiday declaration...”
- Tough Shift: Paranormal Dating Agency by Godiva Glenn
- The Trap: All In Series Book 5 – A Billionaire Forbidden Love Story by Maggie Cole
- Breach of Contract (Kavanagh Family Romance Book 1) by Elizabeth Miller
- The Leaving Party: An absolutely gripping and addictive psychological thriller by Lesley Sanderson <— LIVE!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! She’s leaving and starting over somewhere else with her boyfriend… “…No one knows the real reason I’m desperate to leave. My best friend, Lena, is throwing me a leaving party. A celebration, to say goodbye. Champagne to toast my farewell. Speeches, full of fond memories. No one knows what I’m running from. Then another black rose appears, dragging up thirteen years of buried memories. My passport goes missing. The very people I am trying to escape from turn up to our house...”
- Fight For This (For This #1) by Suki Fleet <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Vampire Heart: A Breathtaking MM Urban Fantasy (Blade & Dust Book 3) by Rhys Lawless <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- The Donor by Sandi Lynn <— HER BIOLOGICAL CLOCK WAS TICKING SO SHE FOUND A CLINIC AND GOT PREGNANT… “…I put my plan into motion. The only thing that mattered in my life was raising my child. Then, by some act of fate, I met a brutally handsome man. A man who didn’t care that I was already pregnant. A man who made me swoon and swept me off my feet. He was too good to be true because as far as I was concerned, guys like him didn’t exist. I trusted him and I fell in love, until I found out the truth about him and his motives…“
- Goddess of Love: A Paranormal Reverse Harem Romance by Lacey Carter Andersen
- Dust: Season One of the Six Horsemen Reverse Harem Series. by Amanda Cashure
- Better ‘Ink Twice: A Touch Of Ink Novel by Rachel Rawlings
- Charity (Heaven Hill Shorts Book 6) by Laramie Briscoe <— LIVE!! HEAVEN HILL ALERT!! “It is recommended that you read “Heaven Hill Generations” before starting this series, or you will be spoiled and lost!”
- Halcyon: an Interracial Contemporary Romance by C.L. Donley <— SOULMATE MATCHMAKING SERVICE!!! “…Single, usually hopeless, candidates leave the program as part of a couple. The foolproof methods Halcyon uses to guarantee a soulmate comes from a blend of technology, biology, psychology, and, of course, sex. Naturally, with its high price tag, extensive, invasive testing, and painstaking process, only serious participants make it through, and everyone found success. Until us...”
- Out of the Dark: Paranormal Security and Intelligence Ops Shadow Agents: Part of the Immortal Ops World (Shadow Agents / PSI-Ops Book 4) by Mandy M. Roth
- Barely Breathing (Keep Breathing Book 1) by Erica Marselas <— SHE MARRIED THE MAN SHE HATES… “...I was forced to give up the man I love in order to protect him and now I must marry a man who I hate. I thought I had found a way out. I thought my time in this gilded cage was almost over. Then one day Jaxson Holden walks back into my life, flipping it upside down…”
- The Other People: A Novel by C.J. Tudor <— THRILLER THAT’S RIGHT UP MY ALLEY/RECENT RELEASE AND WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!! My book twin loved it!! 😀
Tasha J: I started it, was THRILLED from the get go. I was even telling my daughter, like a ghost story teller, the very beginning. She was freaked, but super into it. Lol. Don’t worry, I didn’t go too far. 😉
Anyway, I tried so hard to get more than 10 min. at a time and it is definitely a page turner. I went to bed at 1am last night with only 30% left and finished it a little bit ago and it is soooo good. I liked it a lot more than The Chalk Man (same author).
There is no lull to the book at all. I kept questioning what was going on, where was it going to go? There were several surprises throughout but more than that, I felt for the characters. I felt their grief, their desperation, their anger. And I was angry too.
Highly recommend this one. ☺️
- Monster by Holly C. Webb <— HER POLITICIAN HUSBAND IS CONTROLLING & ABUSIVE BEHIND CLOSED DOORS… “…She didn’t want to spend her life in a gilded cage. She felt trapped and very alone. When Ally discovers she has a stalker, Jaxson Stone, an ex-marine, is the man assigned to protect her. Despite his own demons, Jaxson can’t deny the instant attraction he feels towards Ally. But Jaxson is an honourable man. He is determined to push his feelings for Ally aside and protect her from the monster that is watching her every move. But just who is the real Monster?”
- Hard Work: A House Flipping Rom Com (Cook Brothers Book 4) by BJ Harvey
- Lie Till I Believe: (A slow-burn, steamy romance) by Jude Ann <— RECENT RELEASE & Cat enjoyed this one!
Cat: I also read Lie till I believe by Jude Ann, a first of this author too. This book has an amazing end. It left me dumbfounded. It’s also full of angst, and intense all the way to the end. Well, I’m not such a fan of angst, but I loved the h so much, I wanted to see her hea, and there’s an element of mystery that kept me flipping so fast through the pages, the hero was mysterious and unreadable most of the time but I liked him because he’s possessive and kind of an alpha.
But that end, I can’t even describe how great it was. I always expect how things are gonna wrap up at the end but with this one, I didn’t. Wow!
- Red Rocket: A Hockey Love Story (Vegas Crush Book 3) by Raine Miller and Brit DeMille <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT!! “...My reputation as an Enforcer was earned one game at a time. Fighting on the ice for my team is something I take very seriously because I came to the USA to play hockey, not be a celebrity. Unfortunately, this logic has my public image taking a beating—not that I care very much how others think of me. Except for her…”
- Brinks (Fallen Lords MC Book 9) by Winter Travers
- Twilight Seeker: A gothic urban fantasy (Daybreaker Book 1) by Pippa DaCosta <— LIVE!!!
- The Virgin Gift: An After Dark Standalone (The Gift Book 2) by Lauren Blakely <— RECENT RELEASE & Cat enjoyed it!!
Cat: The Virgin Gift by Lauren Blakely was so amazing and hot and amazing, lol. I don’t know why I love the virgin trope so much. And this book was so good and my first of this author, actually I have never heard of her before. I wonder if she has kids and what they think about the hot scenes she writes, lol, because this book is so hot. It was so fun to read.
If you like this trope, there’s a good one by R.L. Mathewson I read long time ago, the heroine was a writer and a virgin, it was as good as this one.
Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- Sons of Blackbird Mountain by Joanne Bischof <— Rochelle was enjoying this one!
Rochelle: In the middle of listening to the of Son’s of Blackbird Mountain by Joanne Bischof. Wonderfully written and it carries you back to the days of hard work and a much more simple life a historical novel and the challenges it brings. An Irish widow finds herself in the Appalachian mountains with three unruly men two of whom fall deeply for her causing a rift which deepens and shatters her dream of being part of a tight knit family.
- Intern Girl: Southern Girl, Book 2 by Georgia Cates <— LIVE! Age-gap!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Laws of Entanglements: A True Love Story by Maya Preisler – February 2nd 2020
- Bang on Loosely by Lili Valente – February 3rd 2020
- Then You Happened by K. Bromberg – February 3rd 2020
- Irresistible (Neighbor from Hell Book 11) by R.L. Mathewson – February 4th 2020
- Crooked River (Agent Pendergast Book 19) by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child – February 4th 2020
- Golden in Death: An Eve Dallas Novel (In Death, Book 50) by J.D. Robb – February 4th 2020
- The Lying Season: A Second Chance Stand Alone Romance by K.A. Linde
- Divided Interests (Southern Bride Book 3) by Kelly Elliott – February 4th 2020
- Alone in the Wild (Casey Duncan Novels Book 5) by Kelley Armstrong – February 4th 2020
- The Wrong/Right Man by Aurora Rose Reynolds – February 4th 2020
- All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth Duology) by Adalyn Grace – February 4th 2020
- Ember Queen (Ash Princess Book 3) by Laura Sebastian – February 4th 2020
- Yes No Maybe So by Becky Albertalli & Aisha Saeed – February 4th 2020
- The Queen’s Assassin by Melissa de la Cruz – February 4th 2020
- Open Book by Jessica Simpson – February 4th 2020
- AUSTRALIA: A Romance Anthology <— A romance anthology with over THIRTY original, never-before-seen stories from bestselling and award-winning authors. Each piece was written for this anthology to benefit firefighters and wildlife in Australia. AUSTRALIA is only available for a limited time, so one-click your copy before it’s gone.AUTHORS INCLUDE: Penny Reid, Meredith Wild, Carly Phillips, Sierra Simone, Emma Scott, Susan Stoker, Kennedy Ryan, Willow Aster, Skye Warren, Kylie Scott, Aleatha Romig, Willow Winters, AL Jackson, Julia Kent, Rebecca Yarros, Tijan, Giana Darling, Emma Hart, Chelle Bliss, Noelle Adams, A. Zavarelli, Jenika Snow, Dylan Allen, Audrey Carlan, Robin Covington, Mary Catherine Gebhard, Melanie Moreland, Parker S. Huntington, Nana Malone, Jewel E. Ann, Annabel Joseph, Celia Aaron, Michelle Heard, Brighton Walsh, Tamsen Parker, Pam Godwin, Kayti McGee. All royalties from this project will be donated to relief funds in Australia, with 50% going to a firefighter charity and 50% going to a wildlife charity.
- Broken Bridges (Bridges Brothers Book 2) by Lia Fairchild – February 5th 2020
- My Valdez Valentine (An Odds-Are-Good Standalone Romance Book 4) by Katy Regnery – February 10th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Good morning and happy Friday!
The good news…I was able to get Audible Escape for $6.95 because of my KU. 🤑 The bad news…I’m in a book slump. 🙁
I’m dnf-ing like crazy and I finished Park Avenue Player and didn’t like it (narration was great though). But don’t go by my opinion…it’s def ME and NOT the book. I wish I could be more specific, but too spoilery.
No idea what I’m reading this weekend. I do love the covers of those Georgia Cates books AND they are in Hoopla! Also, I’m not giving up on P. Ward or V. Keeland just because some of their plots dont work for me. Inappropriate and All Grown Up are in Audible Escape and I’m def trying those!
Yay, Dirty Girls is kindle unlimited! Even if it Hurts sounds good as does Cowboy Villain Damsel Duel.
Damsel Duel is calling me BIG time!!!
Even if it Hurts is calling me!! Looking forward to seeing reviews on that one. Angsty love triangles are my thing
Heck yes!! Me too…
Daisy was sort of an angsty love triangle. I just finished it, and it was so good. That last line MADE that book and made me tear up big time. I couldn’t even listen to the song yet… my heart ached.
Happy Friday! and yay, my recommendations are up there. I’m so excited. Lol.
And Maryse, since you like twists so much, I think you’ll like the one in Lie till I believe, this book had a major plot twist, a very smart author here. It’s as good as the one in the Silent patient.
I love ,even if it hurts cover, so beautiful, also I love dying for rain cover, but not sure if I’m gonna read these two.
I started reading release by Aly Martinez and joined you all, so far it’s so good. I love the heroine and if I love the heroine I’m ready to love everything else, even the angst.
I’m going to be finished Release in about an hour… the twist just happened!!
I just finished the Bastard Society by Sara Ney. It was soooooo good. 5 stars. Light and easy read. Hilarious.
Thinking I might start Release next.
Kindle Firsts are here! I actually got something other than a thriller and went with In an Instant. It sounds amazing and I’m really in the mood for it, though probably won’t get to it today. I got sick yesterday and did absolutely nothing. A bit better today, but catching up on chores unfinished. I didn’t finish my 4th book for February. 🙁 I honestly couldn’t pick a best of for January out of what I did read, because they were all 5 stars for me- hit all my buttons. 😊 I hope I have equal luck this month.
I just finished She by Carla Howatt. The book is written in alternating Chapters, one is Olivia and the other is She. Olivia has been trying online dating unsuccessfully until she gets a message from Luke, possibly the man of her dreams. During the same time you are reading chapters on She. She is going through a difficult time in her marriage And with her husband. I kept feeling like a train wreck is coming, but when it hit, it was not what I was expecting!
Oh wow, this sounds really good. Thanks for the rec!
Ha ha ha. The Donor and King of Lies have nearly identical covers. Cool covers, actually. But I thought I’d gotten the name of the book mixed up till I realised I was looking at two separate books. LOL.