Good morning and Happy Friday everyone!! Today’s Friday Finds list is pretty big (some great new releases AND 5-star recommendations to choose from).
And if more come our way, I’ll add those too (let me know if you see a great one that I missed).
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Best Laid Plans by Lauren Blakely <— THE LATEST By Lauren Blakely IS LIVE!! Her best guy friend is willing to give her lessons… 😉 “…But to guarantee it won’t ruin our friendship, I have some specific requirements for his instruction. I want these classes to be hypothetical more than hands-on. So what if he’s hella sexy? I can handle that, no problem…”
- CONVICT (Unfit Hero Book 1) by Hayley Faiman <— LIVE!!! “…Those Words make the entire town assume they are vindicated to use them. I am wrong. They are right…”
- Devil’s Daughter: The Ravenels meet The Wallflowers by Lisa Kleypas <— RECENT RELEASE & Jan LOVED it (even says best of 2019 so far!)!
Jan: I ripped through Devil’s Daughter in one day!!! LOL. I loved it. A beautiful romantic read. Best read so far for 2019. i highly recommend if you like HRs. …set in the 1870s with such a gorgeous couple. Sexy, romantic, charming, funny, intense, great secondary characters (including great kids) this book’s got the lot. At the moment it’s looking like a (rare) 5 star for me. *happy sigh*
- What He Never Knew: A Teacher/Student Romance (What He Doesn’t Know Series Book 3) by Kandi Steiner <— STUDENT TEACHER ROMANCE ALERT!! Kandi Steiner’s latest is LIVE!! “…When Sarah Henderson walks into my life, I tell myself she’s off limits. She’s my student, sixteen years younger than me, and my boss’s niece. It doesn’t matter that I see the same pain reflected in her eyes that I have in my own, or that the dead organ better known as my heart kicks to life when she’s around. I’ve been here before, and I know how this ends…”
Trish: Loved this!!!
Donna: Can’t wait to read this!
- One Week in Paris by Roya Carmen <— Roya Carmen’s latest is LIVE!! He’s her old high school nemesis!! “…Kayla realizes that her mother’s fiancé is her old high school nemesis’ father. Looks like the boy who made her teenage life hell is about to become her stepbrother. Matt Moore is as beautiful, rich and cocky as ever. And so is his father, Mark…” P.S. Can be read as a standalone but better in order to not spoil the first 2 books.
- The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air Book 2) by Holly Black <— Tessa LOVED it!
Tessa: So, finally read The Wicked King by Holly Black and HOLY CRAP! I didn’t want to stop reading it. I finished it last night and I just have been in a cloud, and wanting to go back to the world again. Seriously, it’s so good, words don’t describe. That’s one of the best second books I’ve ever read.
- The Wolves of Winter: A Novel by Tyrell Johnson <— POST APOCALYPTIC ALERT!!! I love those (and I HAVE this one already!!), and TASHA J LOVED IT!!! She’s my book twin so I bet I will too! 😀
Tasha J: Finished The Wolves of Winter by Tyrell Johnson! I’ve had it for a year, I think. I’m determined to start reading some of these books I’ve been hanging on to for too long now. So, I went in blind, completely forgetting what it was about and surprise! It’s an apocolyptic read!
I needed something different so this was perfect for me. Also, something about the Yukon, (snow, snow, snow) and reverting back to pioneers basically really enraptures me. Bonus, there’s a hint of romance. I loved it, it wasn’t too long, had just enough of everything to keep me invested, and was well executed.
Maryse: Tasha I totally love those storylines too… learning to “survive” and live again. YAY ME!! Another Tasha rec right up my alley! I’m starting this one tonight!!
- Jane Doe: A Novel by Victoria Helen Stone <— PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! I read another book by this author and LOVED it (this one: Evelyn, After: A Novel), so I’m ALL OVER THIS!! 😀 “…Jane’s days at a Midwest insurance company are perfectly ordinary. She blends in well, unremarkably pretty in her floral-print dresses and extra efficient at her low-level job. She’s just the kind of woman middle manager Steven Hepsworth likes—meek, insecure, and willing to defer to a man. No one has any idea who Jane really is. Least of all Steven. But plain Jane is hiding something. And Steven’s bringing out the worst in her...” <— OH BOY YES PLEASE!!!!!!!
Andrea: LOVED this book! Listened to it on Audible last month.
- More Than Words by Jill Santopolo <— Michele G recommends it!
Michele G: I just finished More Than Words by Jill Santopolo. She wrote The Light We Lost, which was one I really loved. I can’t say I loved this one to quite that extent but it was still a beautifully written story with a message you can walk away feeling good about. I gave it 4 stars. (I would probably 5 star the cover! I think her covers are so pretty and to me this one was exquisite!)
- Bone Music (The Burning Girl Book 1) by Christopher Rice <— SHE WAS RAISED BY SERIAL KILLERS!!! Book #1 is super-bargain priced (and book #2 was just released!!). 😀 “…Charlotte Rowe spent the first seven years of her life in the hands of the only parents she knew—a pair of serial killers who murdered her mother and tried to shape Charlotte in their own twisted image. If only the nightmare had ended when she was rescued…”
- Blow Me Away: A sexy, friends to lovers rom com! (A Mile High Matched Novel Book 2) by Christina Hovland <— LIVE!!! PRETEND BREAK-UP ALERT!! “...She refuses to be interested in the hot-shot florist across the street. He is trouble with a capital T. Sexy trouble, but still, a hook-up with Jase is a hard nope. Desperate to avoid his family’s incessant matchmaking, a fake breakup with the beautiful Heather is just what the florist ordered. If his family believes Heather decimated his heart, they’ll leave him alone. Heather isn’t so keen on the idea, but Jase is determined to make it worth her while…”
- Finding the Fight (Stealth Ops Book 3) by Brittney Sahin <— LIVE!!
- Hard As Stone: Heart of Stone Series #8 by K.M. Scott <— LIVE!!
- TAG by AJ Everheart <— LIVE!! DYSTOPIAN AND OMG THAT COVER CREEPS. ME. OUT!!!! “…We are the survivors, the ones who made it to the first anniversary of the outbreak. Our numbers are dwindling, but we have one last shot at fighting back. We just have to survive long enough to save the human race. The fate of the country lies with a lonely school girl and a city boy with a shady past. The rules are simple: don’t get caught…”
- The Friend: An emotional psychological thriller with a twist by Teresa Driscoll <— PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN!! “...On a train with her husband, miles from home and their four-year-old son, Ben, Sophie receives a chilling phone call. Two boys are in hospital after a tragic accident. One of them is Ben. She thought she could trust Emma, her new friend, to look after her little boy...”
- The Son & His Hope by Pepper Winters <— RECENT RELEASE & Mona LOVED it too (top 2019!!!)
Mona: I agree with Stacey, The Son & His Hope was full of the feels and did not disappoint. It picks up where the Ribbon Duet leaves off. Tissues are a necessity! Definitely a 2019 top favorite!
- Igniting Ivy (The Men on Fire Series) by Samantha Christy <— FIREFIGHTER RECENT RELEASE ALERT & Kathy P brought it to our attention!
Kathy P: Samantha Christy has a new start of a series out called Igniting Ivy (this one is about firemen). I loved her Perfect Game Series (baseball). I will start this…
- Too Much Love to Hide (Summer Lake Seasons Book 2) by SJ McCoy <— LIVE!!!
- Sins Behind The Scenes by Maggie Carpenter <— LIVE!!!
- White Rabbit: The Fall (The Kingmaker Saga Book 2) by London Miller
- STALK HER by Ker Dukey <— LIVE!!! KER DUKEY DARK READ CREEEEEEPY STALKER ALERT!! “…I discover the beautiful, yet broken, Alice Young. She’s seeking advice, a place to unburden her thoughts. What she gets is a dangerous, callous predator who wants to quench his thirst with her tears. My precious, Alice, feels so alone, but she’s not alone. I’m watching her. I feed on the fear of others. Alice Young may prove to be too damaged, even for my appetite…”
- With This Lie: A Novel by Kat Savage <— LIVE!!
- Think Twice by Stephanie Rose
- Love Me Like You Won’t Let Go by Melissa Toppen <— LIVE!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “…He was the boy I had loved since I understood what loving someone meant. The one who knew me inside and out. The one who swore he’d never let me go. It’s been six years since that day and even now the memory haunts me like it was yesterday…”
- Secret (The King Brothers Series Book 1) by G. Bailey <— BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND ALERT!! Dena recommends it!
Dena: …It is a complicated story. The father is into illegal stuff and has an affair, she is the product of that affair however; the mother runs away to keep her safe. The mother dies and she ends up into a foster home and her half brothers find her and take her home. The father has died and has left the older brother in charge.
She meets her brother’s best friend and the story takes off from there. It is a really good book and the author makes all of these characters fascinating.
- Ashley has had an excellent reading spurt!! These are the latest that she recommends:
I’ve read a lot of good books lately! I just keep forgetting to post about them.
- I read a whole bunch by Odette Stone and LOVED them, especially her hockey ones Puck Me Secretly and Home Game.
- River Wild by Samantha Towle was excellent.
- Tangled Like Us by Becca and Krista Richie was amazing and I can’t wait for the next book in the series.
- I started On His Terms (The Arrangement Duet Book 1) late at night and I couldn’t stop reading I had to make myself go to bed.
- So right after I finished it I read On Her Terms (The Arrangement Duet Book 2).
- Buried by Brenda Rothert also kept me up late at night.
- And finally Fix It Up by Jessica Gadziala was super cute and fun!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Wicked King: The Folk of the Air, Book 2 by Holly Black <— Michele G LOVED the audio!
Michele G: Tessa, I’ve been waiting for your comments on The Wicked King!! Wasn’t it the best?! I totally agree with your statement about it being one of the best second books you’ve read! It was sooo good! That’s one I bounced back and forth between the book and the audio.
Let me tell you all that the audio was awesome! I got both through the library but I think I’m really going to have to own this one!
- Dark Places: A Novel by Gillian Flynn <— Nay loved this one!
Nay: I’ve been doing audiobooks the past couple of weeks. Just finished Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, and I loved it! Not as much as Gone Girl–that’s one of my all-time fave audiobooks, but Dark Places is one of those that I didn’t want to turn off when I had other things to do. I actually listened to it about 4 years ago, but I’d forgotten the key points, so I sped it up and listened to it again.
- When August Ends by Penelope Ward <— GASP!!! Ashley feels sneaky for listening and LOVING this story before it came out on ebook! And now it’s not even live on audiobook either. What luck she had!!? 😛
Ashley: AND I don’t know how, but one morning before work I was checking to see what new audiobooks came out and the new Penelope Ward book was out so I checked to see if the kindle book was out, it wasn’t so I bought the audiobook and listened to it – it was amazing, the chemistry in her books is unparalleled.So later I went to see what other books came out and the Penelope Ward book was no longer available it’s up for preorder! So I feel like I got away with something.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! )
- When August Ends by Penelope Ward – February 25th 2019
- Circle of the Moon (A Soulwood Novel) by Faith Hunter – February 26th 2019
- Evermore: A Salvation Series Novella by Corinne Michaels – February 26th 2019
- The Last Letter by Rebecca Yarros – February 26th 2019
- Backlash by Lisa Jackson – February 26th 2019
- The Promise (A Neighbor from Hell Book 10) by R.L. Mathewson – February 26th 2019
- Sweet Liar (Dirty Sweet Book 1) by Lauren Paige – February 26th 2019
- The Something about Her (The Opposites Attract Series Book 4) by Rachel Higginson – February 26th 2019
- Angel’s Halo: Forever Angels (Angel’s Halo MC Book 8) by Terri Anne Browning – February 28th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).