HAPPY FRIDAY FINDS TO US ‘CAUSE HOLY MOLY LOOKIT WHAT JUST WENT LIVE EARLY!!!!!! Kate Stewart’s “The Guy in the Middle (The Underdogs Book 3)“!!!!
Megan: YAY!! I’m getting on a plane in a few hours and now I have one of my faves to read!
Maryse: Perfect timing!! 😀 And…
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- The Guy in the Middle (The Underdogs Book 3) by Kate Stewart <— KATE STEWART ALERT!! She might just be the one play that throws his career… “…With one last college season to play, my goal was singular—get drafted. By realizing my NFL dream, I could save my family, our ranch, and the only home I’d ever known. Two birds, one ball. Playing hard was my only option, but there’s always a wild card. For all of my planning and hard work, I never anticipated falling for the coach’s daughter…” AND… Book #1 The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs Book 1) is much loved too!!! —>
Misty: Omg Maryse! I am actually at home on a Friday night because I am still exhausted with no voice from 3 days in New Orleans for the LSU Tigers game. I started reading The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs Book 1) by Kate Stewart, and I can not put it down. It is absolutely hilarious! I am 45% in and can not stop laughing. Thank all of your girls for the recommendation for me.
P.S. The girl reminds me of the one in Worth It by S. M. Shade and C.M. Owens.
- The Secrets We Held (Secrets and Truths Duet Book 1) by E.K. Blair <— OMG THIS SOUNDS TUMULTUOUS & INTENSE!!! What could it be?? She’s happy and spreading her wings but soon… deception masks itself as love… “Deception masks itself as love while it slowly consumes every inch of her world. Lies spin into a web, trapping her in a nightmare she believes to be a fairy tale…”
- Pale Demon (The Hollows Book 9) by Kim Harrison <— KIM HARRISON SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!
Mindy: Kim Harrison’s Hollows Series~ it is beyond a doubt one of my favs! Such a wonderful series with really fun characters and interesting relationships. The lead is Rachel Morgan who lives with a Pixie, Jenks and a vampire, Ivy. Its got a page turning plot.
…Pale Demon I read in one sitting it was so good I couldn’t put it down! Maybe a little more action, but the romatic tension builds wonderfully.
- Alaska Wild by Helena Newbury <— ALASKA ROMANCE ALERT!!! Nancy found it and 5-STARRED IT!!!
Nancy: Finished reading ALASKA WILD by Helena Newbury today. WOW was it Good! ALASKA WILD was my latest book in my Alaskan Book Reading Quest. KINDLE UNLIMITED!
This was fast-paced & action-packed from the first page till the last page. A page-turner for sure! 5*
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel <— ROCHELLE LOVED IT!
Rochelle: The Life of Pi is so great. The book stretched my way of thinking without even knowing it. A 5 star listen.
- We Are Us: A suspenseful and emotional second-chance romance standalone novel. by Tara Leigh <— OOOOH I LOVE THIS PART IN THE BLURB: “We Are Us is a gripping, angsty, second-chance romance that will have you glued to your ereader until the last page! Complete standalone, no cliffhanger.” and then!!! “…I have been called many things.
Victim. Survivor. Daughter. Sister. Wife.
Now I am called something else.
Murderer.Believe it or not, this is our love story.”
- Forever Takes a While (Summer Lake Seasons Book 5) by SJ McCoy
- Magic Forged (Hall of Blood and Mercy Book 1) by K. M. Shea
- Lessons in Passion (Bantu Academy Series Book 2) by D. Camille
- Dear Ava: Enemies-to-Lovers Standalone Romance by Ilsa Madden-Mills <— RECENT RELEASE AND WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!
Mary Ann: Maryse I am really surprise that no one had mentioned how good the book Dear Ava is! I am one to avoid YA but this book grab my attention. A horrific event happened on a keg party to the heroine. In beknownst to her, the same event affected one guy hugely. At the end, I felt like there is still goodness in this world.
- Northern Lights by Nora Roberts <— NORA ROBERTS ALASKA ROMANCE ALERT!! Nancy also found us this one and loved it so much, she bought it in hardcover!
Nancy: Finished Reading: NORTHERN LIGHTS by Nora Roberts. Borrowed Kindle Edition from Public Library. It is 670 pages, but I read it pretty quickly for me. It wasn’t that I had the time, as I took the time to read it. I haven’t read a Nora Robert’s novel in a really longtime.
This was one fit my Alaskan Book craving perfectly: Lunacy, Alaska has a new sheriff in town. There is also a killer on the loose that leaves a lot of mystery. Plus two lonely souls looking for love & redemption.
- Queen of Lies (Empire of Lies Book 2) by Whitney G. <— WHITNEY G. ALERT!! Book #2 in the trilogy!! “…She’s sexy as hell, yet infuriating. Hopelessly in love with me, but carefully plotting to get the hell away…”
- Stolen Soulmate (Crowne Point) by Mary Catherine Gebhard
- Nothing Special VII: EX Meridian by A.E. Via
- The Simple Wild: A Novel by K.A. Tucker <— ALASKA ROMANCE THAT WE LOVED & NOW SO DID HATTIE!!!
Hattie: I picked up The Simple Wild based on this site and had to put it down 50 pages or so before it finished because I was crying so much yesterday. I think it hit too close to home after a death in my family this year. The writing was wonderful though.
- Savoring Mila (Angels Halo MC Next Gen & Rockers’ Legacy Book 3) by Terri Anne Browning <— A CHANCE MEETING!! “...It was a chance meeting in a New York City club while I was in town for a wedding. Our paths were never going to cross again. But I lied. One night wasn’t enough…”
- Ace: Devil’s Nightmare MC: Book 9 by Lena Bourne
- The Tracker Hive Academy: Semester Three (Jade Storm Tracker Series Book 3) by Avery Song
- Rough Patch (Screaming Demons MC Book 5) by Summer Cooper and Sienna Chance
- The Best Man Wins: A Steamy Romantic Comedy by Adora Crooks
- Grave Magic Bounty: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel (The Forty Proof Series Book 1) by Shannon Mayer <— LIVE!!! RANDI IS LOVING IT!!
Randi: In case anybody was waiting, Shannon Mayer’s new book is out. Grave Magic Bounty The 40 Proof Series. I’m at 60% and am I’m already dreading the wait for book 2 in the series.
It is right up there with the Desert Cursed series.. Great read!!!!
- Trial of the Vampire (Obsidian Cove Supernatural Academy Book 3) by Jarica James
- Cruel Obsession: A Dark Mafia Romance (The Obsession Duet Book 1) by J.L. Beck and C. Hallman <— SHE DOESN’T REMEMBER HIM & HE’S OBSESSED WITH HER... “...My obsession with Dove wasn’t normal, it toed the line on psychotic but my love for her overshadowed that. I’d killed, destroyed and hurt those that had done her wrong. I’d watched her for years wanting to claim her but refusing too. I was both her guardian angel and the demon lurking in the shadows. She was mine, even though she didn’t know it yet...”
- Aunt Daisy’s Letter by S J Crabb
- The Only One For Me by Sarah Louise Smith
- Owned by Him: Standalone by Raven Amor
- Crowne of Lies: A Marriage of Convenience Romance by C.D. Reiss <— C.D. REISS ALERT!! HE’LL NEVER LOVE HER… “…Twelve months living in his house, holding his hand, wearing his ring on her finger, and in exchange, she’ll get her father’s company in the divorce settlement. They have one year to convince his skeptical parents that they’re happily in love, and he’s settled enough to run Crowne Industries. Ella wants the company badly enough to live with a man who will never love her. She’ll sleep in his room and kiss him for show...”
- Love & Deception (Beautifully Twisted Book 1) by Colbie Kay
- Court of Crimson (Twisted Fae Book 1) by Lucinda Dark and Helen Scott
- Ropes (Burning Saints MC Book 3) by Jack Davenport
- For a Goode Time Call… (The Goode Girls Book 1) by Jasinda Wilder <— JASINDA WILDER ALERT!! “…The size of a Kodiak bear and covered in tattoos. A heart of gold, a rough and tumble past. Confident, powerful, gentle. Wise. Artistic. Deep wild brown eyes that see far deeper into me than they should. Nothing in my life could ever have prepared me for the reality that is Ink Isaac. He’s just so much more than anyone I’ve ever met, and my instant, inexplicable, and undeniable attraction to him leaves me reeling. But with my life recently turned upside down, the more time I spend around him, the more I realize I’m not even sure what my future looks like anymore…”
- To Catch A Bandit: A Reverse Harem Shifter Romance (This is Bandit Territory Book 1) by Emma Dean
- When Can I See You Again: A Second Chance Romance by Becca Moore
- Danger Zone (The Elite Book 1) by Brooke Blaine and Ella Frank <— M/M MILITARY ROMANCE ALERT!! They’re competing… “…In the heat of the hot California sun, tempers flare and desires ignite as Solo and Panther try to resist their attraction while fighting to be number one…”
- Warrior Blue by Kelsey Kingsley <— RECENT RELEASE!!! Amy loved it and now so did Mary Ann!!
Amy: Currently reading Warrior Blue and it is SO good! Not sure if it’s been mentioned or if you’ve seen it but so far, I highly recommend!
Mary Ann: I agree with Amy. Warrior Blue is a good read for me as well!!! The book make me thinks that the universe works in mysterious ways.
- The Corded Saga by Alyssa Rose Ivy <—- DYSTOPIAN SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!!! WOMEN ARE COMMODITIES… “…In a world where women are commodities, the only thing more rare than finding true love is a happy ending. Kayla is in hiding—her only crime being born a girl in a society of 99 percent men. When her sister and niece are kidnapped, she is willing to do anything to save them. Kayla ventures into the dangerous streets of the city, a place where a woman can be claimed by anyone unless she has been marked by a club. Desperate, she turns to Mason, a powerful club leader whose help comes at a cost—her freedom...”
- Release: A Standalone Friends-to-Lovers Romance by Aly Martinez <— RECENT RELEASE & SHARA LOVED IT!
Shara: Just finished Release by Aly Martinez. This was the first book I’ve read of hers and I love her writing style. I loved the banter between the H and H. I’m definitely looking forward to reading more from her.
- Angry God by L.J. SHEN <— RECENT RELEASE (VISCIOUS’S SON!!) & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!! MONY LOVED IT!
Mony: Another stellar read by L.J. Shen. Last of the series of Sinners of Saint and All Saints High. And what a way to finish! In my view, the BEST book of these series. This one is about Vaughn, Vicious’s son, a broody and troubled guy and his hate/love relationship with Poppy’s sister, Lenora. Masterful job narrating the evolution of the relationship between the sassy, wounded but strong heroine and the ruthless and savage anti-hero.
Throughout the story, Shen skilfully shows us shades of Vicious in Vaughn, beautifully closing the circle on the series.
Vicious, in his dad role, is not to be missed! As well as the appearance of his mom, Emilia. (May make you re-read “Vicious” – I know I did the next day.)
A fantastic, angsty bully love story – one of the best!! – with a fantastic nod to both series by Shen. A very strong 5-star! Highly recommend!
Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- Year One: Chronicles of The One, Book 1 and Of Blood and Bone: Chronicles of The One, Book 2 by Nora Roberts <— AUDIOBOOK SALE ALERT!! LOOK WHAT I JUST ONE-CLICKED!!! The first two books in this hugely-popular trilogy are on sale and Julia Whelan is the narrator!! SQUEEEE!!!! P.S. The trilogy is complete!!
Tessa: Of Blood and Bone: Chronicles of The One, Book 2 by Nora Roberts – *thunk* It continues the series and soooo good. I mean, SOOO GOOD! The drama, the death, the feels, all still there and I am so anxious for the last book. (Can you believe I read those three back to back? With Year One (March) right before it? LUCKY!)
Lola: One of my very favorites by Nora Roberts!! Loved them!!! And Julia Whelan a great narrator!!
Emily: I’ve read all three and they are soooooo good!!!!
TL: Emily is it heavy on romance?
Emily: medium, I’d say. So much other story line, the romance is just a drop in the bucket
TL: Emily I love when it’s some romance. Thanks for that!
Michelle: Yes! These are great!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City Book 1) by Sarah J. Maas – March 3rd 2020
- Harbour (Blackbridge First Response Book 3) by Claire Boston – March 1st 2020
- Waiting for my Queen: A Dark Mafia Romance by Georgia Cates – March 3rd 2020
- The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu – March 3rd 2020
- Monogamy Book One. Lover: This is one love for life and beyond time by Victoria Sobolev – March 3rd 2020
- Lethal Game (A GhostWalker Novel Book 16) by Christine Feehan – March 3rd 2020
- The Two Lives of Lydia Bird: A Novel by Josie Silver – March 3rd 2020
- Chain of Gold (The Last Hours Book 1) by Cassandra Clare – March 3rd 2020
- The Numbers Game: A Novel by Danielle Steel – March 3rd 2020
- Eight Perfect Murders: A Novel by Peter Swanson – March 3rd 2020
- Find Your Path: Honor Your Body, Fuel Your Soul, and Get Strong with the Fit52 Life by Carrie Underwood – March 3rd 2020
- For the Win: A Wynn Hockey Novel by Kelly Jamieson – March 3rd 2020
- Mack (The Walkers of Coyote Ridge Book 8) by Nicole Edwards – March 3rd 2020
- The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich – March 3rd 2020
- Wildfire (Men of Inked: Heatwave Book 3) by Chelle Bliss – March 3rd 2020
- Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic Book 1) by Rin Chupeco – March 3rd 2020
- The Twin by Natasha Preston – March 3rd 2020
- Waiting for my Queen: A Dark Mafia Romance by Georgia Cates – March 3rd 2020
- You Are Not Alone: A Novel by Greer Hendricks – March 3rd 2020
- One Night Stand-In (Boyfriend Material Book 3) by Lauren Blakely – March 4th 2020
- My Perfect Wife: An absolutely unputdownable domestic suspense novel by Clare Boyd – March 4th 2020
- Runaway Road by Denver Perry – March 6th 2020
- Dope Sick Love by by Hailey Weast-Hashbarger – March 6th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).