HOLY MOLY LAST 24 HOURS!!! The awesome book releases have been coming strong and if I had realized this yesterday afternoon, this would have been a SURPRISE THURSDAY post. 😉 But alas, I just realized it now, so HAPPY FRIDAY FINDS TO US!!! I’m talking about the long awaited sequel from Tiffany Reisz, a new one from C.M. Stunich, Kandi Steiner, Willow Aster, Marie Force, Jillian Dodd, Tabatha Vargo… the list goes on!!!
ALSO!!! YOU GUYS!! I just got an AWESOME email from Audible saying that during this trying time, they’ve made these “audiobooks” available to listen to for free!!! No sign-ups, memberships or credit cards required!!! The stories have been handpicked by their editors especially for children of all ages (0-18)!! To access the free titles, just visit stories.audible.com from any web browser.
And… Skye Warren’s “Mating Theory” is live and she’s sent over an excerpt! Blurb jolt!!
ALSO STILL ON ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. 😲👏👏👏
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- The Priest (The Original Sinners Book 9) by Tiffany Reisz <— TIFFANY REISZ ALERT!!! “...Tiffany Reisz’s USA Today bestselling Original Sinners series returns with the long-awaited sequel to “The Queen.” “The Priest” is the beginning of a new era for Reisz’s Original Sinners series, and the perfect jumping-on point for new readers.”
Leslie M: if you like dirty books with priests I would recommend The Original Sinners series by Tiffany Reisz. …such a captivating story I had to include it. Epic mind f*ck, erotic, emotional, wild ride with an amazing & complex h. Total girl crush on Nora.
marina: Tiffany Reisz is just a writing goddess…
- Finding Forever: A Treading Water Novel by Marie Force <— MARIE FORCE ALERT!!!
Trina: Marie Force did an early release of Finding Forever, Treading Water Series, final book 4. She just wanted to make her readers’ day better amidst all this uncertainty. And she did mine!
Jodi: I’ve read all of Marie Force’s books …there is not a bad one in the bunch. Check out The Wreck and the Treading Water trilogy. Those are her best IMO!
- Best Friend’s Baby (Make Her Mine) by Alexis Winter
- To the End: Hannaford Prep Year Four by J Bree
- London Prep by Jillian Dodd <— JILLIAN DODD ALERT!! LOVE TRIANGLE? “…I think Harry is adorable. His blue eyes and charming wit instantly won me over. Right after his lips did. Noah, on the other hand, is tall, dark, intense and spends way too much time in the shower. I know this because I have to live with him. My name is Mallory James and my life just got a whole lot more complicated...”
- Zombie Playlist: A Rock Zombie Romance by Kirsty Dallas <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!
JulieO: I read ZOMBIE PLAYLIST early last week and really enjoyed. It wasn’t like most zombie books where they are fighting them all the time. And of course a soldier that just came home joined her group..
That’s what you always have to do girls-find a soldier with skill set who knows everything and can protect you and is so good looking that you can hardly stand it. That makes the whole horrible zombie experience go a lot better.
- Shattered Skull (Sons of Sinister Book 1) by Tabatha Vargo <— LIVE!!! EVERYONE KNOW NOT TO MESS WITH HIM… “…He’s making my life hell with his vulgar remarks and seductive lure, but it’s not my fault my brother joined The Border Lords, his rival crew. I keep my nose out of their business and my head in the books, yet he’s always there provoking me. Dragging me into their conflict. Everyone in town knows you don’t mess with the Sons of Sinister, but no one ever told me what to do when a Son of Sinister messes with me…”
Paige: I’m hooked on Tabatha Vargo! Her blow hole series is one on my all time faves and d her new book Shattered Skull (Sons of Sinister Book 1) is SOOO GOOD!!
- TAKE TWO: Who says you can’t marry the same mistake twice? by Heather M. Orgeron <— OOOOPS!! This blurb made me giggle!! “...Liam Watts is the bane of her existence. Her first love. Father of her child. And breaker of her heart. Oh, he’s also her ex-husband. Well, he was, anyway…right up til this morning, when she woke up beside him in a Vegas hotel room, sheathed in satin and tulle with a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach...”
- Married to the Don: A Dark Russian Mafia Romance (Kornilov Bratva Duet Book 1) by Nicole Fox
- Fae Mates: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Bully Romance (Royal Fae Academy Book 3) by Sofia Daniel
- First Impressions: A Stand Alone Enemies-to-Lovers Romance by Dee Palmer
- Reese (Pack of Misfits Book 2) by Raven Kennedy <— RECENTLY RECOMMENDED & NOW MONY ENJOYED THIS ONE TOO!
Mony: Thanks fo the head’s up about Reese by Raven Kennedy, Maryse. I’m not sure why but I really like Kennedy’s style – though not my usual kind of author. I guess I just love her quirkiness, writing and twists & turns. She makes me laugh out loud.
Other books by the author I liked are Void, Cupidity: Cupidity: The Complete Heart Hassle Series, and Cupidity. Happy Friday!
- Tempting Talk (Tempt Me Book 3) by Sara Whitney <— PROFESSIONAL BETRAYAL ALERT!! “...Despite their initial reservations, Mabel and Jake move from conversations over coffee to flirty office lunches to a night out that obliterates all their previously drawn lines. Then a professional betrayal sends Mabel fleeing back to the safety of her single-girl rules. But Jake isn’t ready to give up on this once-in-a-lifetime love and sets out to balance their work/life books…” P.S. Just a couple of days left to enter this giveaway on my blog ➔ Sara Whitney’s “Tempting Talk” is live & we have an excerpt + an amazing giveaway (I couldn’t choose…)
- Stryker: A Motorcycle Club Romance (Sons of Sinners MC) by Naomi West
- Jax and Jokers: A Demented Sons MC Texas Novel by Kristine Allen
- More Jade (A Love You More Rock Star Romance Book 1) by Laura Pavlov <— COCKY ROCK STAR ANGST ALERT!! “…Jade Moore is not my type… She’s a good girl and has her entire life mapped out. I’ve never met anyone like her. The girl is disciplined and determined. I’m not.She follows the rules. I don’t. She’s sunshine and girl next door. I’m sex and booze. We don’t mix. But from the minute I lay my eyes on her, I’m done for…”
- Lauren Gilley <— MUCH LOVED AUTHOR & KATHY FOUND US THESE DEALS!
Kathy: Lauren Gilley’s Son of Rome Series and her Lean Dog Legacy Series are each on sale…
- Old Fashioned: A Small Town Sports Romance (Becker Brothers Book 4) by Kandi Steiner <— KANDI STEINER ALERT! She’s starting over… (can be read as a standalone) “…Walking into a male-dominated sport and staff, I’m ready for the challenge. I’m not ready for Jordan Becker. The head coach of our championship winning team is a Herculean force of nature—as severe as he is determined. His icy blue eyes and permanent scowl drive the women in this town mad, and his quiet power and undeniable command conjure respect from every man. When I join his team, I expect the doubt and anticipate the fight from him. And I get them both…”
- Bayside Fantasies (Bayside Summers Book 6) by Melissa Foster
- Deadly Obsession: A Mafia Romance (The Obsession Duet Book 2) by J.L. Beck and C. Hallman
- Ruin: A Student/Teacher Romance (Kingdoms of Sin Book 3) by Willow Aster <— WILLOW ASTER ALERT!! SHE NEVER WANTED TO BE ALERTED!! “...He had no idea how young I was. I had no idea how old he was. But sometimes appearances did matter, and there were rules that must be followed… Or else the forbidden became too alluring to ignore…”
- Hunting for a Highlander: Highland Brides by Lynsay Sands <— RECENT RELEASE & KATHY GAVE THIS 5 STARS!!
Kathy: Oh, I just finished Lynsay Sand’s Hunting for a Highlander (Highlander Brides Series), 5 stars. I love her Highlander series.
- Beloved Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy Book 3) by Lauren Rowe <— LAUREN ROWE TRILOGY CONCLUSION ALERT!! “…BELOVED LIAR is the third book of the standalone REED RIVERS TRILOGY. The full trilogy is BAD LIAR, BEAUTIFUL LIAR, and BELOVED LIAR, to be read in order…”
- Very Bad Wizards: A Reverse Harem Fairy-tale Retelling (The Wicked Wizards of Oz Book 1) by C.M. Stunich <— C.M. STUNICH ALERT!!! “VERY BAD WIZARDS (Book 1 of 3 in the “Wicked Wizards of Oz” series) — is a full-length reverse harem/new adult/fantasy romance novel, a gritty retelling of “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz”. Don’t expect a children’s tale; these characters are nothing like their more innocent counterparts. This book contains: drugs, cursing, violence, sex … and love found in the darkest shadows.”
- Weakened Mountains (Artemis University Book 4) by Erin R Flynn
- Magic Redeemed (Hall of Blood and Mercy Book 2) by K. M. Shea
- Inevitable: A Second Chance Standalone Romance by Shain Rose <— HE SAVED HER BUT SHE’S DONE. “...I spent years getting over him and now he’s back—the nation’s most streamed artist and eligible bachelor… but I’m not falling for him again. Jax and I are done…”
- Killer Love: The Complete Series (Dark Romantic Suspense) by Tabatha Drake <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! “…I am not a good man. But I have a soft spot for her. Sofia Zappia. The adopted daughter of my enemy. Bought and sold, her life has never been her own. When she begs for my help, I can’t say no. But I’m still a mafia man. And I expect something in return…”
- Claimed by the Alien Warrior: A Sci Fi Alien Romance (Warriors of Agron Book 2) by Hope Hart
- Four Letter Word (Love Logic Book 2) by K.M. Neuhold
- Sweet Jane by Joanne Kukanza Easley
- Shifter Starter Set: Shifter Romance Collection by Candace Ayers <— ANTHOLOGY SUPER-BARGAIN! Get the first book in each of 9 series by Candace Ayers… If you like… Romantic Comedy, Shifters, Novellas, Steamy Romance Then you’ll LOVE this Shifter Starter Set!
- Keenan: A Dark Irish Mafia Romance (Dangerous Doms) by Jane Henry <— DARK ROMANCE ALERT!! “...I’ve been kept in a gilded cage. Hidden from the world of men. I was naïve. I was innocent. Until him. Until the night the King of the criminal underworld took me as his own...”
- The Inevitable Fall of Christopher Cynster (Cynsters Next Generation Series Book 8) by Stephanie Laurens
- The House of Kaimar by Miranda Bridges <— KATHY RECOMMENDS!
Kathy: For Fan’s of Ruby Dixon’s Ice Planet Barbarians, I have really enjoyed Miranda Bridges’ House of Kaimar Series and the spinoff Hearts of Stone Series.
- The Five-Year Plan: The utterly heart-warming and feel-good rom com of 2020 by Carla Burgess <— COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!! “...when Orla and Aiden’s lives collide, they do everything to not fall for each other – with the opposite effect. But they stick to their plans, and go their separate ways… Five years later, they meet again…”
Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- The Chain by Adrian McKinty <— NAY IS LOVING IT!!
Nay: Good morning! Happy Friday! ❤️️
I forgot to mention yesterday that I’m listening to The Chain by Adrian McKinty. What a creepy (and disturbing) book–and I’m loving it so far! I’m at 62% now and it’s one of those where I search for times to listen as much as I can. I waited for 6 months to get this sucker from the library. So far, it’s well worth the wait!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- From The First Verse (Life of Debauchery Duet Book 1) by R. Robinson – March 24th 2020
- Number Neighbors by Emma Hart – March 24th 2020
- The Herd by Andrea Bartz – March 24th 2020
- Problem Child: A Jane Doe Thriller by Victoria Helen Stone – March 24th 2020
- After All (Cape Harbor) by Heidi McLaughlin – March 24th 2020
- The Honey-Don’t List by Christina Lauren – March 24th 2020
- Shameless With Him (Less Than Book 3) by Carrie Ann Ryan – March 24th 2020
- The Return by Rachel Harrison – March 24th 2020
- Pike: Pawned Duet, Book One by T.M. Frazier – March 24th 2020
- Twice a Wish (GODDESS ISLES Book 2) by Pepper Winters – March 24th 2020
- Panda and the Kitty (Furry United Coalition Book 8) by Eve Langlais – March 25th 2020
- Checked (Gold Hockey Book 7) by Elise Faber – March 29th 2020
- Unicorn Untamed: A Journey of Messy Self-Discovery by Lynn Reynolds – March 30th 2020
- To Catch a RAT: A techno thriller (Darknet series Book 1) by SJ Grey – March 30th 2020
- Badger to the Bone (The Honey Badger Chronicles Book 3) by Shelly Laurenston – March 31st 2020
- Fearless by Ferm Michaels – March 31st 2020
- Imagine Me (Shatter Me Book 6) by Tahereh Mafi – March 31st 2020
- Dear Enemy by Kristen Callihan – March 31st 2020
- Code Name: Hacker (Jameson Force Security Book 4) by Sawyer Bennett – March 31st 2020
- Devoted by Dean Koontz – March 31st 2020
- Beautifully Cruel by J.T. Geissinger – March 31st 2020
- Mum’s The Word: A forbidden romance inspired by Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice (The Bennet Brothers Book 3) by Staci Hart – March 31st 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Good morning, happy Friday!! We survived the first week over here. 🤗 I watched the latest Good Girls last night and the bird made me think of you, lol. Man, it got dark!! I’d ❤️ to actually settle in and read today. I’ve had a hard time focusing.
Cute yellow canary!!! A “rescue” <--- No kidding. LOL!
I laughed so hard at May Whitman’s face bringing it out. She’s such a hot mess. 🤣🤣🤣
ALWAYS such a mess. She’s an entertaining character though. Kind of… really REAL.
Making chocolate banana bread for the 1st time, wish me luck! I haven’t baked in a looong time and my loafs never turn out. I usually do it in mini muffins.
Well, the bread turned out fantastic and I would love to make it every other week or so. Ugh, it’s like brownie/cakey, banana, deliciousness. Here’s the recipe I used, http://www.shutterbean.com/2019/chocolate-banana-bread/
And now I want cake. So hard not to go to store when cravings strike.
But trying to do my part and stay out as much as I can. Just every couple weeks.
I’ve been thinking of my local coffee shops and taking walks to them, but that makes me nervous too, lol. But want to support my community and my mental health.
Right? I hate putting the effort into making it just bc it takes time that I don’t necessarily have and effort with cleaning extra dishes and what not, but gosh I love to eat it. 😂 I’ve been eyeing some local coffee shops still open for drive through or curb side pick up but I’m trying to save money at the same time. Also, don’t wanna get dressed. AND don’t really wanna take the kids out, we’ve got plenty to do, but it’s so tempting. I am supporting a local business tonight and ordered curb side pick up. It’s a treat I probably won’t do again, bc we need to save, but I splurged and feel good for helping them out too. We’re getting dinner from a local cafe, chicken parm, baked ziti, salad, Normandy veggies and crusty bread. I couldn’t resist.
Had some extra hw run ins today that took longer than I hoped so guess what I read today? A book all about Harriet Tubman. And that’s all. We wrote an essay, and doing a super late short nap before dinner pick up. I do like that time has slowed down so much, I don’t feel so rushed for everything. And I like that the world has slowed down as well.
I don’t like that I have no mental space for myself. Not that I had much before, but I feel like the possibility is now gone too. And I’m one that desperately needs mental space to regroup.
Oh, also! I’ve begun joining the children in Cosmic Yoga on YouTube. It’s the coolest thing, they tell a whole interactive story while going through the moves and tonight we’re doing Harry Potter. I was reminded just now by the pain in my legs. 😒 I should not be this out of shape and I’m reminded every time I do something like this. Anyway, yes it’s for kids, but way more fun than actually “working out” and it hurts too, so it must work. Lol
I wish so badly that I could beam you here, build you an escape blankie fort for a day at my house. And we could just read, and we could eat treats, and maybe swim. And then you could beam back to your house when you were ready.
This is sweet but I’m also thinking SOCIAL DISTANCING!
Maryse if you are inviting people over you better make them strip and bleach first.
I think I’d like to practice social distancing 1 week out of every month. For my mental health and everyone’s well being when I’m at my scariest. ☠️
LOL!!!! Oh yeah! That’s right… *sigh*
This sounds perfectly relaxing, a dream!
You know what would be fun? A nostalgic, epic Bev game. It’s a Friday night, much of the gang is back, you’ve got time on your hands……wouldn’t that be fun?? 😜
HECK YES!!!! Bev!!!! Let’s do one. 😀
Oh I have all those ingredients. I’m going to make this.
Let us know how you like it!!
I LOVE chocolate chip, walnut banana bread. I used to make it all the time. BEFORE Keto. I guess I can find a Keto version… oh wait. There is no such thing as a Keto banana.
That’s so crazy to me. Bananas are good for you, you should be able to eat a banana. Maybe not this way though, lol.
Good morning. Like Tasha my concentration has been shot. I’m home for a month and have books to read and dramas to watch.
With so many places going to the Shelter in place I have a feeling my State may follow soon. We will see.
Kind of sounds like heaven, bev. 😉 Without all the crazy pandemic stuff, mind you. Stupid pandemic!
You know I’m a hermit but it is hard not wandering to where I want when I want. Choice makes a difference.
Good morning! Happy Friday! ❤️️
I forgot to mention yesterday that I’m listening to The Chain by Adrian McKinty. What a creepy (and disturbing) book–and I’m loving it so far! I’m at 62% now and it’s one of those where I search for times to listen as much as I can. I waited for 6 months to get this sucker from the library. So far, it’s well worth the wait!
ETA: Ooh, I just skimmed Lisa’s review on GR. She also enjoyed the first half but the second half–not so much. I’ll keep you posted!
I just added it and this sounds right up my alley!! Thank you Nay!!
Maryse is there any news on your cousin?
YESS!!! 😀 She got a flight to Toronto last night, and then took a 13 hour bus ride back to Montreal (mind you, Toronto to Montreal is 5 hrs) so considering their ordeal, that was quite the road trip. Mind you, they were safe and on homeland again.
She just posted and said there would be NO pictures of their trip from hell, and she is burning all her luggage. I think she was joking… but maybe not. 😉
And now… their personal quarantine begins.
I’m so glad!! I was worried after all the horror stories I heard!
We’re in our personal quarantine now and just found out the hubs has to have a covid test.
Good luck to him. Hope it is negative and you both can move onto to ….self distancing.
I’m curious about the test. Will they come to you or do you go to the hospital?
In S. Korea they have drive up ones. You roll your window down they test you drive off and they text or call with the results.
I just read about how they test you. OMG.
That sounds like poking that back of your brain out by accident.
right through your nose holes!!!!
Why does only he have to have one? What made that a decision?
He has the symptoms and I don’t. God bless LOL! He didn’t want the test. He just wanted a prescription cough syrup. Emma Scott just did it and it isn’t as bad as it seems…or so she says lol. I’ll let you know!
It sounds like a flu test. I know people who say it feels like they are tickling your brain.
We need more available tests.
Yes keep us up to date!!!
Just thinking about you and your husband R.
Thanks! He’s doing much better today. We still haven’t heard from the doctor about the test, but at this point I’m wondering if they’ll still want him to take it. IDK how that works with *previous* symptoms.
We’re still in quarantine and can’t go into a store so we have to do curbside which is crazy right now. I have one order called in to a store about 30 minutes away for Monday night and a second (backup) order called in to a store down the road for Thursday. There’s no way of knowing until pickup what we’re even getting because things are being cancelled and substituted right and left.
My attention span is like scatter shot right now but let’s try.
20 questions ( but probably not really)
Let’s make it a book club/party
1. Favorite number?
2. Last song you played?
3. Last recipe you saved?
4. Last show you watched?
5. Last something sweet you ate?
6. Last something salty?
7. Last thing you drank?
8. Where are you sitting right now?
9What time is it?
10. What are you wearing?
Ok, the # the book we all read. You all know how it works count that many on your tbr. Song: karaoke time! Recipe: the dinner you made us. The Netflix what we watch as we eat our desert and salty snack. 7 only drinks we get. Wherever you are that is were the party is! The time we arrive and how you greet us.
You all come to my book club at 442PM. I’m here to greet you on my porch step….it will be crowded especially with the dog. But luckily I’m dressed at least in old Jean’s and a sweater….no shoes. We’ve all read The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune. As we eat this
It looks good, huh? Sad to say I’m an iffy cook. I usually burn things, but we have plenty of tap water to drink.
Our discussion of the book leads to a rousing rendition of Then He Kissed Me by the Crystals. Remember this is on my front step and I have neighbors so as you all harmonize I duck inside to hide. Listening from under my pillows I say you all sound….ok.
I then bring out bowls of chocolate peanut butter ice cream and bags of microwave popcorn, movie theater style and we crowd around my phone to watch The Movies That Made Us. As we are around the same generations and enjoy memoir I thought you all would enjoy it. But I send you all home before Maryse can finish loading up The Time of My Life on the Karaoke machine. I promise “Encore” was not what my neighbors were shouting earlier.
Ok, I like how you made this a story, so fun! I’m confused on the number = tbr. Is this the number on our recent tbr list? Do you count from the beginning or what you’ve recently added, backwards?
1. Favorite number? 8
2. Last song you played? Roxette Listen to Your Heart
3. Last recipe you saved? roasted frozen veggies that I can make in quarantine
4. Last show you watched? The Bachelor finale
5. Last something sweet you ate? lemon sugar pancakes for breakfast
6. Last something salty? BLT, also for breakfast. I was channeling my inner hobbit
7. Last thing you drank? bourbon sidecar
8. Where are you sitting right now? outside on the patio
9. What time is it? almost 7pm
10. What are you wearing? sheep pajamas and my Doors hoodie
YAY!!! Fun quiz times!!!
20 questions ( but probably not really)
Let’s make it a book club/party
1. Favorite number? 8 without a doubt. 222 is my other. <3
2. Last song you played? Blue Bayou by Linda Ronstadt. Or was it "You're No Good"?
3. Last recipe you saved? Just now… a Keto hot dog pigs in a blanket for this week. Instead of regular flour, it's almond flour for the bread-part.
4. Last show you watched? I'm watching it right now. "Little Fires Everywhere"
5. Last something sweet you ate? A Keto protein bar (mint chocolate) from Atlas. Not bad. I saw the ad on Facebook and ordered a sample kit.
6. Last something salty? My Meatballs and marinara sauce with tons of cheddar and parmesan cheese. LOVE!!!
7. Last thing you drank? My Aha ginger apple sparkling water. And maybe a shot of vodka. 😉 To burn the germs.
8. Where are you sitting right now? On my couch, watching why show and hanging with my favorite people.
9. What time is it? 8:03pm
10. What are you wearing? Pajamas. My t-shirt is one from my BFF Sherry and it says "Beautiful Disaster" 🙂 She knows my tastes well.
Oh… I don’t think I did this right.
Bev you’re so clever and I’m so confused. LOL!!!!! I think we’re at our party right here tonight. It’s a pajama party. We’re listening to a book series-turned into a show, and listening to music by a female artist that inspired one of our favorite books.
We’re drinking ginger-ale without sugar, and some of us are spiking it. ‘Cause no sugar, so we need SOMETHING. 😉
We’re eating whatever we want (except for Maryse, ’cause even in perpetual pandemic mode, she’s still stupid ol’ keto).
It’s too early to go to sleep, but we’re in pajamas, so if we fall asleep, it’s all good.
I love that you will almond flour pigs in a blanket and a meal bar but then stuff us full of meatballs and vodka.
LOL!!!!!! I’m only half-healthy. 😉
I’m sitting in “my chair” like the queen I am, comfortable in my buffalo plaid sweats and black hoodie, and you all surround me on my sectional and funky throw pillows on my living room floor. It is 8:10pm and we are reading His and Hers by Alice Feeney. The smell of chocolate and banana fills the room as I just put in a loaf of http://www.shutterbean.com/2019/chocolate-banana-bread/ . We take turns reading snippets of the story, all brainstorming who we think to be the liar, the murderer. It is storming, the thunder booms, our bowls of corn chips bounce into the air with our jumps and my dog comes to the rescue, cleaning our messes. Thankfully, the unsweetened tea I served is safely untouched by the commotion. With each passing chapter, Leslie is terrified. We cuddle and console her, soothing her fears with a melodious version of Baby Shark. She laughs and cries a little, grateful to have such wonderful friends, but demands we watch a show rather than read another word, and chooses Good Girls. Silly Leslie, it’s not as “good” as the title would have one believe, but we laugh at Annie’s antics and scoff at Beth’s crazy, delight in Ruby and Stan’s relationship and swoon at Rio’s devilish good looks and bad boy persona.
Lol, this is perfect. Love it. And I know the words to Baby Shark. However it is now in my head.
*runs off to Google “good girls”*
Yeah but secretly Leslie M is loving that slow-burn angst between Rio and whats-her-name the Madmen girl 😉
P.S. Isn’t it funny how I only ever remember the Hero’s name? Or in this case, the antihero.
Right! I remembered the actress’s real name, but I had to google her character name. Not Rio’s. *fans self*
Okay, I’m back. LONG story…but I’m going to play bev’s game first.
1. Favorite number? 3
2. Last song you played? the other girl by Kelsea Ballerini feat. Halsey
3. Last recipe you saved? I don’t typically save recipes… I think it’d probably be a keto recipe last fall…
4. Last show you watched? House, if only he could come and fix this corona virus crisis we’ve got going on…
5. Last something sweet you ate? ice cream cake for my daughter’s birthday today!
6. Last something salty? hmmm… I had doritos yesterday?
7. Last thing you drank? Sprite
8. Where are you sitting right now? in my chair in the living room
9. What time is it? 848 p.m. EST
10. What are you wearing? jammies 😀
Happy Birthday to your daughter, Grey! My Mom used to get me an ice cream cake every year for my bday. The crunchy part was my fave! Not so much anymore, my teeth can’t take the chill.
I could use some ice cream cake. Hope she had a good day with family.
*starts making an ice cream cake with almond and coconut flour, lots of butter, and Halo Ice Cream*
Happy birthday to Grey’s daughter!! 😀
If you all confused it is my fault, told you my focus is horrible right now.
So the number is our tbr game. You know when we cant decide what to read and ask for a number.
So Tasha if your number is say 10 you’d go to your kindle library or carousel or whatever tbr you have and count to the tenth book. That is the book club book.
The 4th book in my carousel is the TJ Klune one.
And then the rest is how the party is set up. I’m guessing if we are eating BLTs and pancakes with R we are drinking alot of sidecars and really belting out the Roxette.
Though no matter how drunk I will not be singing.
I picked #1. So I took the 1st off my recent tbr list. 🤷🏼♀️ I hope that’s right.
P.S.- Tank you for taking the time to do this. It always puts a smile on my face reading everyone’s answers and seeing people join in. I’ve missed them and ALL OF YOU! 😘
Take care of yourselves. I’m sending so much love to all of you right now. Be well, be gentle with yourselves. Read all the books. Ironic how we all prepped for this with our massive TBR’s and now that it’s here we’re all a little stymied about it.
I’ve been stress cleaning like a maniac…I need to create a new routine.
🎵 Baby shark…doo doo doo doo doo🎵
Annnnnnnnd…. I just broke out the sesame flavored seaweed snacks. 😆
*peels a banana*
GASPPPPP!! YOU TEASE!!!!
This does not even sound a little bit good. I literally burst out laughing at Bev’s comment!
Just finished under the northern lights by SC Stephens. I’m trying to go through and read from my tbr list. Now I’m in the mood for a good recluse book. Any suggestions? It’s been a crazy 2 weeks. I work in the ER so I’m on the front line to all this craziness. Hoping this gets better soon.
Stay safe. I cant imagine what that must be like right now.
Somewhere on here I believe Maryse has one of her lists for the recluse trope.
Yes! I have that… our entire “reclusive” category (which has anything we’ve tagged reclusive in it – series, book reviews, reader questions etc..) and it starts off with our favorites list: https://www.maryse.net/tag/reclusive-heroes
Shara, omg…I cant imagine working in the ER on a regular day…but during this?!? You are my hero. I loved Under the Northern Lights. I don’t know if you already read these, but what about The Vixen and the Vet by Katy Regnery and Rush by Emma Scott?
I’m going to try vixen and the vet next. It’s been on my list for a while. Thank you for the suggestion! Thanks for the kind words as well
What a brave person you are Shara. Already everything you must see day in and day out… but this is a crazy time. I’m so honored you’re here with us!!
Thanks Maryse. I’ve been in the ER for 12 years now and I can honestly say it’s been the most challenging few weeks. I have 4 small children at home. The youngest 4 months so I worry more about brining them back my germs. I’m hoping with social distancing and self quarantine the US can get this under control in the upcoming weeks. China has no new cases reported as of now but it took them 3 months of quarantine to get there. Fingers crossed
I just watched Sally Thorne author’s IG stories where she gives a tour of her spooky doll house. It’s the coolest thing! Very entertaining, lol.
I’m dithering. I went to the store on monday and told myself not again for two weeks. But I think we are going to get a bit stricter soon. I’d still be able to go but was thinking maybe buy more and then stay out for a few weeks….if I can.
Plus, I forgot coffee and creamer.
I’m used to going to going once a week so part of it might just be wanting my routine idk.
I want cheese. I have no cheese. I’m dithering too, because I can make yummy things with cheese.
My town looks like business as usual. Just used atm and now have to remember
DONT TOUCH FACE
DONT TOUCH FACE
UGH THAT IS SO HARD TO DO!!! I am always touching my face.
We Are Us by Tara Leigh was an outstanding read!!
Thank you Linda!!! I’m going to post your recommendation next week. 🙂
The Fangirl Series by Trish Williford is free (all three books) on Amazon right now. If anyone hasn’t checked them out they are some of my favorite books that I’ve read this year! (I was going to include them in my favorites list for last year, but I read them at the end/beginning of the year….if that made any sense).
YAY!! Thank you so much for letting us know. I’ll be posting this. 😀
I have to stay off news articles this late at night. I’m expecting my state to go to stricter measures on monday, and agree with it, but maybe not. Reading that we might be in for weeks of this….alright. Prepared for that. Months of it…..that is not so great, but ok. I guess.
But when some start talking about up to a year or more. Deep breaths.
I’m going to have to make a cut off point for news.
I’m with you, bev. We watch or listen to the news headlines to get the latest deets then switch off or over. It’s too depressing to keep watching the statistics growing. Too scary.
My state is going to start applying stricter measures in the next 48 hours. That includes closing schools, so now I’m going to have to teach my high schoolers online. Hmmm. Should be interesting.
We will get more info tomorrow from the government about the details of the lockdown. They are meeting right now to make some major decisions.
In my free time I’m gonna keep doing lots of reading, especially the happy, escapist kind. No apocalypse or zombie reads thanks……
Nationally ….who knows. But by state I’m expecting to hear by Monday if we go into a stricter lockdown. I think we should as hard as that is to say. So far only 1 case known in my county, but that person could of infected 3 or 4 people who also infected 3 or 4 people and so on. So I won’t be surprised to see the number rise.
Yes, no apocalypse books, lol. Hey at least (knock on wood) we all still have books and coffee.
What are you reading?
I’ve discovered a new-to-me historical romance author I like called Madeline Hunter. I’m reading and liking her Rothwell brothers series. Those guys are HOT! Really well-written books with convincing (and hot) characters.
I watch the news every morning, but only Newsy. I can’t stand CNN or Fox. I want just the facts and they don’t take long to get without all the bullsh!t opinions. Nothing dire or stressful, just “here’s what we know.”
It is the model graphs I keep looking at. I keep finding myself attracted to the numbers and graphs. We are basically 10 days behind Italy in everything, except we had a recent surge they did not have at this time.
It is stressful but comforting. No sugar coating just this is where we are at this time, this is what could happen if we follow this trend, but chance of changing it if we do this.
I do think the president has to stop saying things like there will be a vaccine ready soon when all the scientist are like ,….um…..science here….takes at least a 18 months.
100% agree. It’s better to know what you’re in for.
I dont want to make it too political on her, especially with all that is going on, but do you feel like everyone is just basically having to move around the president to get things done?
Also, I found myself way more riveted to the new Taylor Swift/Kanye gossip than I’d normally be. Who will i be when this ends?
I’ve felt like that for years!
OMG I found myself reading the transcript yesterday and I was like WTH is wrong with me!?
We are all changing.
How is Texas right now? Is everything closed?
I haven’t left the yard since we got back so I really don’t know for this specific area.
Ha ha ha. At least the celeb goss can take your mind off things.
I don’t really watch the news even before the virus. Too depressing and stressful. If there is anything important, I hear through word of mouth or social media. And I check sources if it’s of importance. For the virus, the only thing I’m really watching for are changes here locally with any more shut downs or whatever. They even modified our trash. We can’t sit out recycling anymore, have to take it to the fire dept. and can’t put stuff in trash bins anymore, only trash bags and each one has to be tagged. Which can add up, depending how much trash you have. Anyway, every now and then, I’ll check Katie Couric’s insta. She posts nice bullet point world fact updates on the virus every few days or so. Mostly, I’m distracted by entertaining and teaching my children. Today was my day to get some cleaning done.
I haven’t left the house in 2 weeks except for work (and it’s pretty much just my colleagues and I right now – and they’re not going out anywhere either). I have no clue what’s going on anymore out there other than Facebook & news and it’s keeping me inside even more.
Though I am thankful for Amazon as I’m just ordering everything I need for the upcoming gardening season, so I still feel like I have fun stuff to do.
And what’s this about Kanye and Taylor????
So I’m a brown thumb and my yard is a mess. I’m just not a great yard person. The last two springs I’ve bought seed packed of flowers and kept thinking this year, but nope. Then when I went to the store yesterday I grabbed a bunch more. It will turn out patchy but think I might just pull weeds and sow them right in the ground.
Remember when Kim K posted snippets of a phone conversation of Kanye and Taylor that proved Taylor knew about the lyrics about her in that song and agreed to them after she said she didn’t? And called Taylor a snake for lying about it? Well someone released the whole conversation kim and kanye had taped and not quite how it went.
Yea, I saw the news on that. I’ve always liked Taylor and believed her. Even if it had gone down the way Kanye said, I don’t think it was that bad- enough to shun her. I never understood the lyric or liked the song and that picture he posted with all those nude celebs was deeply disrespectful to his wife in my opinion. He’s a nut.
I bought grass seed, can’t plant it yet though. It’s too cold. That’s all I “need” to do out there by way of planting. I let nature takes its course outside. It’s all a roll of the dice. 😂
Pretty much me too. This time I bought high containers so I can “container garden” ’cause the bunnies in my woods keep eating everything I plant in the ground. Grr.
Oooooh. Now I have to google it.
And just do it Bev. Just create yourself a patch of flowers that you can smile at, every day. It is SO fun. I am 50% when it comes to success of my gardening, but it’s still so much fun digging my hands into the dirt and nurturing plants. So…. peaceful. No matter what the outcome.
Well, I spoke too soon. We’re on shut down beginning tomorrow at noon through April 6. Not that I myself wasn’t practicing it already anyway. I feel like there have still been a lot of people here out and about. And childcare and daycare facilities will shutdown. I’m sure there’ll be uproar about that.
I havent had a tv in over a year and now I miss it. My old one just stopped one day and I bought a new one and was not careful with the cords and like a week or two in I hear a BAM!
I figured I’d get one before the election but now I’m kind of disappointed I didnt before. Though i dont want a constant bombardment there is something unifying about news coverage in times like these.
One of my biggest memories of 9/11 is Peter Jennings.
Hey guys there are several authors giving away books for FREE right now including myself!
A Crack in Everything by L.H. Cosway
The Birthday List by Devney Perry
So Much More by Kim Holden
Perfect Love Story by Natasha Madison
One and Scarlet Stone by Jewel E Ann
The Swedish Prince, After All, and The Pact by Karina Halle
Sweetest Heartbreak and Beautiful Lies by Heather Bentley
Across Time by Elizabeth O’Roark
And the complete Waiting For the Sun duet by moi (until midnight pacific time)
That is awesome R.
So it looks like this is going straight to Netflix. I think it looks really funny. Anybody want to try and watch on the same day if it comes out?
Dangit, I bought Onward on prime today! Grr. Disney+ has surprised me twice now not holding out new releases for a long time AFTER I bought them.
Here are more early releases. I’ll probably watch the 1 on Netflix too. I think I’d like to watch The Gentlemen, Sonic, I Still Believe, and Trolls, of course.
AWESOME LIST!!!!! Thank you R!! And thank you for your books!! 😀
I wish I could do it longer but Amazon has a 5 day limit. I’ll send direct to kindle for anyone who doesn’t have access to Amazon though.
If I see anymore awesome freebies I’ll let you know!
Thanks R. Awesome.
I have read this book twice and that is a rarity for me! Under Locke by Mariana Zapata is FREE!! I grabbed it as I had only read it on KU!
AWESOME FIND!!!!!! Thank you Kathy! 😀
So I braved the s thg ore yesterday. And today realized I totally forgot hand soap and shower gel. Usually this would be a slightly annoyed “gah” but now a “GAH!”
Slightly hypocritical of me since I side eye everyone just out and about (I’m very judgy right now🙄), but kind of want to hit hardware store tomorrow for a rose or something. They’d still probably be considered an essential business and stay open during a crack down but buying plants is probably not an essential reason to be there. And I really want to do my part.
I know how you feel. I want to go get big huge bags of potting soil/garden soil so I can begin preparing my garden (everything else I ordered from Amazon), but I know it’s not essential to go out and get that, so I’ve stayed in all weekend.
But I want to. I wonder if they’ll deliver it? I know Amazon doesn’t deliver the huge bags (way too heavy to be worth the shipping costs), but Home Depot is not far from me…
I want cheese.
And also… not essential. *hrmph*
So much weighing of decisions. I like the thought of ordering, just recieved a 30lb bag of dog food from amazon, but also worry about delivery people. Its insane.
Our Amazon delivery people are leaving everything at the gate.
Yeah, mine just at my porch. But I worry about them in the warehouses. Amazon had at least one worker test positive and i think some workers have complained about needing better conditions.
Not that you should worry about that R.
Pizza delivery left it on the porch. No cash. Everything paid online.
I did the same yesterday. Of course, with pizza I only eat the toppings. But I wanted something fun and cheesy while I watched a movie.
GAH I MISS CHEESE
I’m jealous of living somewhere with food delivery.
In dramas people are always having fried chicken delivered.
This is me with Starbucks. I’m craving a vanilla latte so bad and I usually get it with my grocery shopping. But my husband did the grocery shopping and I didn’t get it. I just want my treat coffee. But I’m resisting so hard not to go in and get one. Not an essential. I can be a stress shopper so I’m being extra forceful with myself not to get anything more than I need right now. But, I’ve had a couple slips.
Maybe you could use a bit of body wash in place of hand soap until you can get some?
I’m a bit judgey too. I FaceTimed w/the rents tonight and they said they had visitors- my step brother, his wife and grandkids and I’m super peeved. They just dropped by bc they thought they’d wanna see their great grandkids. Are u freakin insane, is my thoughts. Selfish, selfish. They’ll straight up tell me not to visit, they miss us, let’s face time and how worried they are if they get sick, but with the other dodo kids, they have no guts. And shouldn’t even have to say stay away in the first place. My Mom gets bronchitis terrible when she’s sick and my step-dad is definitely in the more dangerous age demographic.
When you do have to go shopping again buy stuff to make it at home. Make yourself one a day while in this.
I admire Maryse not eating her bananas. I’d be all, “It’s pandemic time so someone give me a damn banana.”
I’m with you bev! It’s a pandemic dang it! Must eat the 7 layer magic bars Nay showed me!
Sadly, I do have stuff to make at home. I have a Nespresso and frother that I love and use, but it’s not the same. It’s close, but it’s not as big and if I want it big I have to froth two sessions and they somehow have the perfect mix of temp/flavor. Also, I have to clean stuff. Lol!
Well to be honest Bev…
I DO have a few cans of Chef Boyardee and other SO-NOT-KETO foods for emergency purposes. I haven’t broken into any of it, but if it gets to that point, I’m goin’ in.
Ugh no… this is NOT the time for socializing in person. Not worth the risk whatsoever.
1 week into Shelter in Place. I’m going nuts. lol 2 more weeks to go! *eyes dude* 2… more… weeks! He’s so bored.
All joking aside, my sister-in-law went to the ER on Friday they said they believe she has it, but can’t test her because she’s not in imminent danger. She couldn’t breathe, but it’s not imminent. *rolls eyes* That said, she’s self quarantined and she’s not having trouble breathing anymore. 😀 So, she feels crappy but can breathe. 😀
Tessa, that is horrible. I cant believe there is not enough tests. And the company that made them to sell for home use is just gross.
Sending prayers and good thoughts her way.
One week in. That is awesome that California acted on it that quickly.
That’s scary Tessa! I hope she improves and doesn’t get any worse.
Whoa Tessa!!! And I’m glad to hear her breathing is better. How long was she having problems breathing?
Thanks. Yeah, she had trouble breathing for one day with a high fever and went right to calling her doctor and doing as they suggest. Ironically, a city near me (she’s nowhere near me. She’s in Southern CA, not Northern) is giving free testing to anyone who comes by from the Bay Area. *facepalm* But we’re the highest CA area to have it so I guess our area got more test.
We stressed about spending the money, but so glad we bought a Peloton about a month ago. Our gym closed a week ago. Has been a good stress outlet and some “social” interaction.