P.S. I will be moving this weekend (YAY!!! And eeeeeep! 😳 ) so I will be in and out for the next few days. Once I’m settled in (hopefully by Monday!!), it will be back to book business as usual (and in fact, likely MORE book fun from now on, as I will have a ton of reading time, again… YAY!!!! It’s true… I will be back to full-time books, and full time blogging. I’m really excited!!! Like in my early blogging/indie days, and I’m back again!!)
P.P.S. What do you guys have planned for the weekend?
Tasha J: I think as far as how much I’ve loved of the books I read this year thus far, my year has been pretty great. More loved than just ok books for me. I do wish I could read a little more, especially right now. But, that’s to be expected and I (mostly 😂) accept it. I’d like to get in another 2 books before the end of the month, but I’m doubtful.
May has some great looking releases and I want to be caught up on a little I’ve bought so I can justify more purchases, lol!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
Cristina: My reading year is going so/so at the moment. I’ve had a few books knock it out of the park for me. My #1 at the moment is Reminders of Him from Colleen Hoover. That one is still with me.
I also really enjoyed Things We Never Got Over by Lucy Score. Great banter and chemistry between the H/h and great secondary characters.
Someone on here recently recommended The Confidence of Wildflowers by Micalea Smeltzer and it was pretty fantastic too! Definitely didn’t want to put it down. Reminds me a little bit of The Naked Fisherman Duet. It does have a pretty big cliffhanger, but luckily book 2, The Resurrection of Wild Flowers, is out. This series definitely had me in my feels and had me in tears. Have a tissue handy.
- Master of Fortune (Gods of Vegas Book 6) by Sienna Snow
- Checking You Out: A Second Chance Small Town Romance (Green Valley Library Book 10) | by Ann Whynot
- BEV IS CURIOUS ABOUT THESE!!
bev: There are some buzzy books I really want to get to and I’m curious if any of you have read any of them?
They all kind of sound fun to me. I almost want to put my current tbr aside and marathon them. I’m having one of those reader moments where I want to read it all and so can’t seem to settle on one.
- It Takes a Woman: A Modern Marriage of Convenience (Scorned Women Society Book 4) | by Piper Sheldon
- The Ties That Bind (Fraser Crime Syndicate Book 2) | by Jessica Ames
- The Secrets to Heartbreak: A Brother’s Best Friend Romance (The Heartbreak Series Book 2) | by Brittany Taylor
- Kismet (Happy Endings Book 3) | by Lauren Blakely
- Looking by Katrina Jackson
- A FUN READING UPDATE FROM JAN (and Bev and Robin!)
bev: I’m going to DNF A Court of Thorns and Roses. It’s not bad, I can see why so many love it, but not for me. I am not staying engaged enough for such a long book with a series attached.
Jan: Hi bev and everyone *waves* I’ve been busy and haven’t popped in for a little while. Bev, I dnf’ed A Court of Thorns and Roses too. I know many love it, but I couldn’t get into it and I also felt the weight of the series might be just too much for me.
I’ve read a fair bit this year, but lots of rereads – I’ve been rediscovering some old favs. Some have stood up well to the test of time (e.g. Loretta Chase Not Quite A lady – still a lovely read) but others not so much. I feel a bit like I’ve grown past some of the PNR reads I used to love e.g. Nalini Singh’s psy-changeling shifter series just doesn’t hold the magic for me that it once did 🙁
I did recently read a couple of shifter books I liked though – Nightpiercer and the sequel Separated Starlight by Merry Ravenell. Must be read in order, and #3 won’t be out till about November 🙁 Werewolves and humans trapped together in space on arkships, while our damaged earth (hopefully) heals itself. 0_0 Sounds kooky, but I enjoyed the ride and look forward to #3.
Otherwise I’m in a bit of a book slump (hence the rereads!). I’m sad that Lisa Kleypas seems to be on a hiatus from writing at present. My fav HR author! I hope she is well and just taking a break from writing. Has anyone heard anything about her next new book?
Robin, I feel you. I want to read that dream book too LOL. The most recent CR I really enjoyed would be Just One Look by Rosalind James. A workaholic American surgeon moves to New Zealand and falls for a hot rugby player. But that came out in 2021!! Where is our new dream book, I ask you?????
bev, I haven’t done First Line Thursday in ages. I will play. My FLT:
‘Bloody hell. It hadn’t worked.’
from The Fortune Hunter by Diane Farr. I’m reading it for a goodreads challenge to try to clean up my tbr pile.
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- I’ll Be You by Janelle Brown | Apr 26, 2022
- Always You (The Adair Family Series Book 3) by Samantha Young – April 28th 2022
- Perfect Hero (Mason Creek) by A.D. Justice – April 28th 2022
- Smart Mouth: An Opposites Attract Romantic Comedy (Work For It Book 4) by Emma Lee Jayne – April 28 2022
- Matchmaking a Billionaire (Mayberry Matchmakers) by A.R. Casella and Denise Grover Swank | Apr 28, 2022
- Filthy Elites: An Anthology of Enemies to Lovers Romance Standalone Novels by Sam Mariano , Angel Lawson, et al. | Apr 28, 2022
- Eyes on Me by Sara Cate | Apr 28, 2022
- Crash Course (Collision Series Book 1) | by Mariah Dietz | Apr 28, 2022
- Embrace the Light (Godstone Saga Book 5) by Jocelynn Drake – April 29 2022
- Married to the Rockstar: A marriage of convenience story! (Mile High Rocked Book 3)by Christina Hovland – April 29 2022
- Confessions of a Smutty Romance Author by Kelsie Hoss | Apr 29, 2022
- Club Mafia – The Boss: A Dark Mafia Romance by Stella Andrews | Apr 29, 2022
- Married to the Rockstar by Christina Hovland | Apr 29, 2022
- The Spring We Ignited: A fake husband, friends-to-lovers romance (Ocean Pines Series Book 3) by Victoria Denault April 29 202
- Meet Me at Midnight: A Friends to Lovers, Second Chance Romance by Melissa Toppen | Apr 29, 2022
- If We Disappear Here by M Hayes and Mindy Hayes | Apr 29, 2022
- Ruined by Rebecca Grey | Apr 29, 2022
- Date with the Devil by Molly Shelby | Apr 29, 2022
- Unlikely Date: A Calloway Brothers Novel (Calloway Creek Series) by Samantha Christy | Apr 30, 2022
- Where Dreams Begin by Lianne Moriarty | Apr 30, 2022
- Caged: A dark mafia Thumbelina retelling by Helen Allan | Apr 30, 2022
- Body Checked: A Frenemies-to-Lovers Hockey Romance (Astoria Bay Thunder Book 2) by CJ Cartwright
- Sinful: A Dark Reverse Age Gap Bully Romance by Mallory Fox | Apr 30, 2022
- King of Midnight: A Midnight Breed Novel by Lara Adrian | Apr 30, 2022
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!