Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY!!! I hope we all have a cozy and wonderful weekend loaded in reading some seriously great books!! 😀 Speaking of which…
I’m already almost finished a book I just started a day ago and I LOVE IT!!!!! HOLY. MOLY. It’s the first part of a duet and the next one is coming out in a couple of weeks and I’m so relieved because I know the end of this one will make me crazy. LOL!!! I think I may have just found a new favorite author, and my review will be up this weekend.
P.S. Speaking of rock star romances, make sure to check out this COMPLETE trilogy by today’s newsletter sponsor!! ➔ Laura Pavlov – Love You More Rock Star Trilogy Reading Order + 5 Fun Facts & 3 signed books & gift card giveaway!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- STILL ON ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. 😲👏👏👏 WE ARE LOVING IT! And it’s still going on through the end of April!
- So, That Got Weird by Amelia Kingston <—THE AWKWARD GIRL & THE JOCK ALERT!! Ashley loved it so much that she read it again! “…As the reigning campus sex god, he has the playboy act down pat. But underneath those six-pack abs beats a broken heart. He doesn’t trust people and he sure as hell doesn’t believe in love. The odd couple strike a deal. Four weeks of & “tutoring” for five thousand dollars…”
Ashley: I reread ‘So, That Got Weird’ by Amelia Kingston and that was a fun time – it has the same vibe as Elle Kennedy or Maya Hughes’ books (which I’m a huge fan of).
- Third Life by Noelle Adams <—LIVE!! AGE GAP OLDER MAN/YOUNGER WOMAN ALERT!! She only knows his first name but… “...he keeps asking me to meet him all over the world, and I keep saying yes. …I don’t know anything about him except his first name. That’s the way he likes it. He’s too old for me, and he’s hiding secrets, but I’m not going to be able to keep my heart out of it for long…“
Diana: …today I read Third Life by Noelle Adams & it was good. Fun & steamy, but predictable. Excellent rainy spring day read. 👍🏼
- Detained by Ainslie Paton <— MONY LOVED THIS ONE!
Mony: I finished Detained by Ainslie Paton, Aussie author. Really loved it!
First chapters – Mystery Guy & female reporter stuck in a Shanghai airport detention room – clever & hot. Characters “real”, dialogue tight – kind of book I like. Also, story unusual & set in China & AUS. Bit too long at end but I wanted to read it in one shot. Love finding books that punch their weight above their GR rating.
This was one of Ann’s “personal 5-star lose all track of time and reality books.”
- Love Me Like You Do: Books That Keep You In Bed <— SURPRISE ANTHOLOGY RELEASE FEATURING SO MANY AWESOME AUTHORS!! Broken heroes, alpha men, shattered souls, second chances, small towns, big cites – 10 bestselling authors have collaborated to take you away to anywhere you wanna go. Ten full-length romance novels to help you escape while you’re stuck inside.
This limited edition anthology features:
Tagged Steel by MJ Fields, Sadie, Doctor Accident by Danielle Norman, Memphis by Ginger Scott, The imPerfect Guy by Leddy Harper, Warrior Undone by Jessica Ruben, Gravity by Lauren Runow, Wrecked by Jeannine Colette, Both Of Me by Amber Kelly, What It Takes to Fall by C.R. Ellis, and Hard Blow by Stella Lang.
- Killian by Ryan Michele <— LIVE!!!
- Kitty Valentine Dates a Billionaire by Jillian Dodd <— LIVE!!! JILLIAN DODD ALERT!!
- Falling North: A Turner Artist Rocker Novel (The Turner Artist Rocker Series Book 2) by Alyson Santos <— LIVE!!
- Master of Salt & Bones by Keri Lake <— LIVE!!! DARK ROMANCE ALERT!!! P.S. I love this author!! “…When I was a little girl, I dreamed a handsome knight would come and rescue me from my wretched mother. He’d ride up on his white steed and break the curse I’ve been fated to carry since the day I was born. Funny how things changed over time. How the fairy tale twisted into something far more crooked, darker than I ever imagined. In reality, my knight is scarred and broken, living alone in a castle of bones that overlooks the sea. He isn’t searching for me. He never was. Lucian Blackthorne is as cursed as I am, and equally shunned by the locals…”
Debbie: Eeeeps! This is one insanely good read. She nailed the creepy Gothic feels wrapped up in a haunting love story. *sigh* <3
Maryse: OMG thank you so much for the feedback!!!! I LOVE the sound of this one so much.
- The Devil in Apartment 13 by Tiana Laveen <— MODERN-DAY URBAN GENIE/JINN IS HER NEW NEIGHBOR… and he wants to make her his mate! “…Vivian Carver believes her name is synonymous with bad luck. She’s a bartender living smack dab in the middle of NYC and has had it up to here with entitled tourists, an annoying roommate and just barely surviving. She’s forced to move into a cheaper apartment, and with it comes a seedy landlord, drippy faucets and a peculiar stranger in apartment 13. Shahzad has pulled all the stops to get to know Ms. Vivian Carver, someone who in no shape, form or fashion understands her full potential…”
- Beauty and the Rose: a Dark Romance by Stasia Black & Lee Savino <— LIVE!! TRILOGY CONCLUSION ALERT!!
- Don’t Love Me (My Secret Boyfriend Book 1) by S. Doyle <— HE TOLD HER NOT TO… “…The state took me away from my mother when was I twelve and sent me to live with an uncle, who worked on some fancy estate. That’s when I met Ash, she was ten and the daughter of the man who owned the estate. She thought I would be her new best friend but I only wanted to be left alone. For years she was always there, always annoying me, always wanting more from me. But our roles were clear. She was the princess and I was the chauffeur’s charity case. I told her not to fall in love with me…she didn’t listen…”
- Dark Protectors Bundle: 3 Stories by Rebecca Zanetti by Rebecca Zanetti <— REBECCA ZANETTI BOOK BUNDLE BARGAIN ALERT! “…From New York Times bestselling author, Rebecca Zanetti, comes three stories in her Dark Protectors-Reese Family series… **Every 1001 Dark Nights novella is a standalone story. For new readers, it’s an introduction to an author’s world. And for fans, it’s a bonus book in the author’s series. We hope you’ll enjoy each one as much as we do.**
- The Danger You Know by Lily White <— LILY WHITE’S LATEST DARK READ ALERT!! HE’S HER STALKER…“…I pursue her despite the wedding bells that rang for another, only I can see how she is drowning beneath mediocrity. How many times must I remind her? It can’t matter that I am the person who ruined her life. The man who killed her father. The constant shadow that watches her sleep. The lover who prefers dirty alleyways to freshly laundered sheets. She’s mine. Always has been…”
Michaela: Read this today and loved it! ❤
Michele: I LOVE Lily and Dark reads are still my favorite!! 🥰 thank you!!!
Tori: I’ve been binge-reading some Lily White lately! Omgah! Just finished The Vanity of Roses and started Wishing Well last night! I guess this one will be next. Seriously, one of my new favorite authors! ♡♡♡
- The Prince and the Pawn (When Rivals Play Book 4) by B.B. Reid <— SERIES FINALE!!! BULLY BOOK ALERT! “...They were wrong for each other from the start. The jock and the nerd, what a cliché they made. He was the town prince, and she was a nobody. Tyra Bradley was invisible. That is until she told him he needed some manners, and so began their game of cat and mouse...”
- Everything Girl by Emily Mayer <— MONY LOVED IT!! And was her message to the author about it (and the author replied). 😀
Mony: Hi Emily,
Loved loved loved your book. Well written, quirky characters, and great book boyfriend…loved the Montana setting. Good job pacing the slow burn between Jack and Evelyn. A gem.
Hoping you’re thinking about writing a sequel about Ben. Fantastic character – came alive with his wit, charm and “manwhore struggles.” Just begging to be written! What do you think? Thanks!
Emily (the author): …I took a detour for book #2, but I am spending my quarantine with Ben! I couldn’t agree with you more. He definitely needed his own story. I am already a little bit in love with his story and can’t wait to share it with you!
To another reader: “still hoping for a May release date” 🙂..
- By a Thread: A Grumpy Boss Romantic Comedy by Lucy Score <— OMG I just cackled out loud on that blurb!! Especially that last line!! *snort* Oh this is gonna be gooooooood!!!
Jan: New Lucy Score coming out in a couple of days: By A Thread: A Grumpy Boss romcom. I like the grumpy boss trope.
Mony: I didn’t see that By A Thread was about a grumpy boss…one of my favourite tropes as well…
- HEY SWEET TEA (The Way To A Man’s Heart Book 8) by Frankie Love <— LIVE!!
- Don’t Go Stealing My Heart by Kelly Siskind <— LIVE!!
- The Girl and the Stars (The Book of the Ice 1) by Mark Lawrence <— LIVE FANTASY ROMANCE ALERT!!!!! GORGEOUS COVER & TITLE!! “…To resist the cold, to endure the months of night when even the air itself begins to freeze, requires a special breed. Variation is dangerous, difference is fatal. And Yaz is not the same.
Yaz’s difference tears her from the only life she’s ever known, away from her family, from the boy she thought she would spend her days with, and has to carve out a new path for herself in a world whose existence she never suspected...”
- Pretty Things by Janelle Brown <— RECENT PSYCH-THRILLER RELEASE AND GUESS WHAT????
Nay: For anyone who likes book adaptations, I just saw Maryse’s FB post about Pretty Things by Janelle Brown, and when I went to add it to my tbr on GR, I saw that one of my friends had posted that Nicole Kidman is going to produce and star in the book’s adaptation as a streaming Amazon series.
Maryse: OOOOOH YAY!!!! I love that!! Though I’m going to read it first. 🙂 Thank you for that news, Nay!
- Complete Fixed: The Complete Fixed Series: Books 1-5 by Laurelin Paige <— HOLY MOLY SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! I just one-clicked it!!
Michele: Just finished Fixed on You series…..GREAT, love, mystery, heartbreak and well the end……it was the best bargain….
Cheryl: Hudson is a hot alpha guy who says right off the bat that he is incapable of love and combined with Alayna’s obsessive “love’ disorder, you just know a train wreck is coming.
Krisztina: I just finished the Fixed trilogy by Laurelin Paige. Hudson (the whole story from his point of view). I have to say that I was reading the 2nd half of Forever With You with tears in my eyes … now I am obsessed with Hudson Pierce 😉
- A Kiss to Tell by W. Winters <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT! HE WAS BAD NEWS & SHE WAS THE GIRL THAT DIDN’T BELONG… “...From the first time I saw him, Sebastian had a hard stare that pinned me in place. And years later, it hasn’t softened. We lived on the same street and went to the same school, although he was a year ahead. Even so close, he was untouchable. He was bad news and I was the sad girl who didn’t belong. One night changed everything...”
Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- Little Secrets by Jennifer Hillier <— RECENT PSYCH-THRILLER RELEASE THAT I’m DYING TO READ!!
Shirley: I’m listening to Little Secrets. I’m at 20% and so far, so good!! I think you would really like this one Maryse!
Maryse: YESSSS!! I know I would. Totally my thing…
- The Hardest Fall by Ella Maise <— Ashley loved it so much she listened to it again!
Ashley: Okay, I re-listened to ‘The Hardest Fall’ by Ella Maise. Love it. My favorite part is where her horde of peanut butter m&m’s is discovered and her reasoning for it is one of the most relatable reasons ever.
- Shooter by Dahlia West <— Ashley loved it so much she listened to it again!
And I’m also re-listening to ‘Shooter’ by Dahlia West….which makes me want to revisit ‘Preacher’ by Dahlia West.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Wedding Dress: A Novel by Danielle Steel – April 28th 2020
- He Started It by Samantha Downing – April 28th 2020
- Can’t Fight The Moonlight (Whisper Lake Book 3) by Barbara Freethy – April 28th 2020
- Rafe: An Arizona Vengeance Novella by Sawyer Bennett – April 28th 2020
- Have You Seen Me?: A Novel of Suspense by Kate White – April 28th 2020
- Deep in the Alaskan Woods (An Alaska Wild Novel Book 1) by Karen Harper – April 28th 2020
- Infinite Us by Eden Butler – April 28th 2020
- Where the Lost Wander: A Novel by Amy Harmon – April 28th 2020
- Pawn (The Pawn Duet, Book Two) : A King Series Spinoff by T.M. Frazier – April 28th 2020
- The Hating Season: An Enemies-to-Lovers Romance by K.A. Linde – April 28th 2020
- The Impassioned Choice (Etherya’s Earth Book 5) by Rebecca Hefner – April 28th 2020
- Have You Seen Me?: A Novel of Suspense by Kate White – April 28th 2020
- Take Me Apart: A Novel by Sara Sligar – April 28th 2020
- The King and the Quirky by Heather Siegel – April 29th 2020
- #RedTeam Attack: A techno thriller (Darknet series Book 2) by SJ Grey – April 29th 2020
- Artful Lies (The Hunt Legacy Duology Book 1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas – April 30th 2020
- Truth Game: Ocean Bay #3 by Chloe Walsh – April 30th 2020
- Insta Lovers: A Collection of Steamy Novellas by J.L. Beck & C. Hallman – May 1st 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).