9:33am UPDATE IT’S READY!! And lookit how huge this list is. Pure book awesomeness!! HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY WEEKEND!! HOLY MOLY HUGE BOOK RELEASE DAY!! This is a lot of new release for a Friday, but I’m all for it! Plus, amazing recommendations coming out way, so I will post those too. Keep checking back ’cause as usual, this list is gonna be big!
Whatcha reading now? Or watching… 🙂 I will be watching the latest Ozark season (how many shows are out – probably only one at this point) but either way… YAY!!!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Cover Story by Susan Rigetti <— TASHA J LOVED THIS ONE!!!
Tasha J: I finished Cover Story by Susan Rigetti this week and I loved it so much! It was a super fast read, had I had availability, I could’ve done it in a day. And so engrossing! So, I really loved Inventing Anna and The Dropout (Netflix & Hulu) and saw some buzz on Bookstagram that made be grab it and it did not disappoint. I loved the way it was written, in the form of FBI correspondence, emails and diary entries, and was totally shocked at- can’t give it away. 😉 I recommend going in blind.
And then I ordered my Book of the Month box yesterday. There are some gooood ones this month, but also not some I had been wishing for, for May. But, I’m so excited for what I did get, a *gasp* romance, Part of Your World by Abby Jimenez and Darling Girl (have always loved Peter Pan) by Liz Michalski.
And my Aunt got Yerba Buena by Nina Lacour so I can check that out when she’s done. 🙂 But, I had a tough time deciding with The Hacienda and Breath Less also sounding really good. And I luckily got to grab an arc of The Change by Kirsten Miller, have seen some awesome reviews for that one.
Currently reading The Cartographers from my last (2 months back 😬) box. I’ve just had more kindle reads going that I felt I had to prioritize, but I am ready and dedicated!
Reese: I have the Cover Story on my wishlist at the library and after your review here I’m excited and want to bump that up my list.
I agree that I was hoping for other BOTM books but am excited about the two I ordered – The Hacienda because it has so much buzz and I love a good haunted house story. And I couldn’t resist the add on of Holly Blacks Book of night – my most anticipated book of the year tbh. I also have The Change arc – so I need to get on it! So many awesome books in May. But I’m currently finishing up a library book – Hotel Magnifique and so far so good.
I always appreciate your book recs Tasha. Have found many amazing reads from you and Maryse and everyone over the years. Thank you!
Maryse: I agree, Reese. She’s my book twin for sure!!
- Hard to Resist Series: Volume 1: The Resistance and The Reckoning by S.L. Scott <— SUPER-BARGAIN FIND!! TWO BOOKS IN THIS BUNDLE! “…New York Times bestselling author, S.L. Scott, crafts her signature, original style into an epic twists on the rock star romance genre that packs heart, angst, emotion, and heat in the pages of this second chance bestselling series. Volume 1 includes the New York Times and USA Today bestseller, The Resistance, and the international bestselling sequel, The Reckoning. Also includes brand new BONUS chapters with introductions to new characters that you do not want to miss!..”
Tessa: I finally read The Resistance. 😀 It was good. Putdownable, but then the angst started. 🙂 Now I have no idea what to read.
Cheryl: Re-read The Resistance and am now almost finished with book 2-The Reckoning. Hot, rock star and strong female h. Met in Vegas. Book 2 definitely has more angst. Loving it, basically all I’ve done today is read!! 😉
- Smart Mouth: An Opposites Attract Romantic Comedy (Work For It Book 4) by Emma Lee Jayne <—LIVE!! THE ROCK STAR THAT SHE WANT’S NOTHING TO DO WITH! “…There are lots of assumptions people make about rockstars. Shallow. Player. Addict. The truth? I’m none of those. The even bigger truth…the only opinion I care about is her’s and she hates me. Her as in Gwen Matthews, my twin brother’s best friend, the unrequited love of my life. She thinks I’m a liar and a jerk which is why I pretend to be my brother when she needs help one night. Except Gwen is a genius. Literally. So it doesn’t take her long to figure out it’s me and not my brother, but maybe, just maybe, she’s willing to give me a second chance…”
- Perfect Hero (Mason Creek) by A.D. Justice <— LIVE!!!
- On a Night Like This by Lindsey Kelk <— SLOW BURN ALERT!!! R. RENEE LOVED IT!
R. Renee: I finished On a Night Like This over the weekend and really loved it. The first half reads like women’s fiction and the second half like a romance. Or I guess you could say SUPER slow burn lol.
Ashley: I just read this book last month and it is one of my absolute favorites, it kept me on my toes and the ending was crazy! The way you described the plot, I couldn’t have explained it any better. Great Review!
- Matchmaking a Billionaire (Mayberry Matchmakers) by A.R. Casella and Denise Grover Swank <— LIVE!!! COCKY BILLIONAIRE IS INTERESTED IN HER MATCHMAKING APP! “…When tech billionaire Rory Byrne approaches us, wanting to develop the matchmaking app my sister and I dreamed up (and Nana shot down), she jumps at the chance. My grandmother is nothing if not opportunistic. Of course, there’s a catch. She’ll only do it if Rory lets us matchmake him the old-fashioned way. He’s going to say no. Please God, let him say no. The last thing I want to do is matchmake an entitled rich jerk…especially one who looks like sin and talks a good game…”
- Embrace the Light (Godstone Saga Book 5) by Jocelynn Drake <— LIVE!!!
- Merciless Savage: A Dark Mafia Shifter Romance (Alpha Dynasty Book 5) by Piper Stone
- Funny You Should Ask: A Novel by Elissa Sussman <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE STACY LOVED IT TOO!
Stacy: Thanks to everyone who recommended Funny You Should Ask! I really enjoyed it but would have definitely skipped past it because of the cover.
Ana: Just finished ‘funny you should ask’ loved it, got me out of a book slump
- JANE DEYRE: A Contemporary Retelling by Nelle L’Amour <— LIVE!! SHE’S THE NEW NANNY!! “…When legendary actress Edwina Rochester offered me a job to be the nanny of her five-year-old goddaughter, I didn’t expect to end up living at Thornhill, her infamous Hollywood mansion. The site of a kidnapping, suicide, and possible murder. Nor did I expect to fall in love with my charge’s devastatingly handsome father, Ward Rochester. A man who’s totally off limits and is hiding a secret…”
- The Spring We Ignited: A fake husband, friends-to-lovers romance (Ocean Pines Series Book 3) by Victoria Denault <— LIVE!! HER HUSBAND LEFT HER & HIS BROTHER STEPPED IN… “…Now my marriage is over and my husband left town, leaving me alone to face the confused and hurt faces of our friends and his family. So when his brother Finn suggests he become my fake husband so we can take that vacation Mr. and Mrs. Hawkins won, I don’t say no. I need a break from the judging eyes of Ocean Pines. Pretending Finn’s my husband is playing with fire because my long buried feelings for him are coming back to life. And I still have secrets to keep…”
- One for My Baron: An All the Duke’s Sins Prequel by Christi Caldwell <— LIVE!!
- Deceived: A Secret Agent Enemies to Lovers Romance (The Watch Book 3) by Finley Brown <— LIVE!!
- Big Hose: A Firefighter Romance by Jasinda Wilder <— LIVE!! JASINDA WILDER ALERT! THE PARAMEDIC & THE FIREMAN!! “…Saving lives is what I do. As a career paramedic married to the job, I’ve never thought much about my love life—or my lack of one, if I’m being honest—until it’s his life I’m worried about saving. Now I’ve got a scorching hot firefighter burning up my life and setting my body on fire. No matter how hot he is or how hot things are between us, however, there’s one rule in my life which I refuse to break: Never date a fireman…”
- Lonen’s War: Sorcerous Moons Series Book 1 by Jeffe Kennedy
- Darkwitch: A Young Adult Fantasy Romance (Dyrwolf Book 2) by Kat Kinney
- Ruined by Rebecca Grey
- Meet Me Halfway by Lilian T. James <— MONA LOVED THIS ONE!
Mona: I just finished a great book, Meet Me Halfway by Lilian T. James, a new to me author. It does come with a trigger warning for domestic abuse and sexual harassment, but the story actually takes place several years after the divorce and follows Madison, the 25 year old mother of an 8 year old son and her grumpy next door neighbor, Garrett.
For having such a heavy warning, the story itself is witty and lighthearted. It says it’s the first book in the series but there is no cliffhanger and the second book appears to be about the bartender you meet in the first book.
This was a 5 star read for me and it’s KU! I look forward to reading more by this author.
J R: I’ve read some sweet breezy romances lately that I thought I would share:
Part of Your World by Abby Jimenez. Alexis and Daniel are from different worlds and it seems there is much keeping them apart (at least from her end). Is love enough?
Just Haven’t Met You Yet by Sophie Cousens. Laura is on assignment for her work to write a story on how her parents met on vacation by bringing two parts of a coin back together. However, she finds out some things about her past are not what she thought and she might have a love story of her own.
Famous in a Small Town by Kylie Scott. A sad rock star moves next door in her small town and they start to become friends.
On a Night Like This by Lindsey Kelk. Fran takes a temp job as a celebrity assistant and gets to go to an exclusive party where she meets the mysterious Evan.
Now is the hard part of figuring out what I want to read next!
- Broken series by A E Murphy <— AIMEE 5-STAR LOVED THIS ONE!
Aimee: I just finished the Broken series by A E Murphy. I loved it!! 5* it was very angsty!! Emotional read! It was recommendation from your blog!!
Laura: It has to be Broken by AE Murphy. One of my all time favs!
- MONY ENJOYED THESE!!
Mony: Reading light quirky/banter romances these days…
Accidental Tryst by Natasha Boyd – grumpy business guy & hippie-ish woman 4.5★
Lawless by Tracey Ward – Surfer dude & dudette- lovely flowing story – 4★
Worth It (Yama, Yama #1) by C.M. Owens & S.M. Shade- one of the best romcom books I’ve read – 5★
F*ck It (Yama, Yama #2) by C.M. Owens & S.M. Shade – love it so far; promises to be as good as Worth It
Duet (Road Kings Book 1) by Julie Kriss – rocker romance; love Julie Kriss!
Sheer Cupidity by Raven Kennedy – book #4 in the Cupidity Series; UF, crazy, RH
- Filthy Elites: An Anthology of Enemies to Lovers Romance Standalone Novels by Sam Mariano , Angel Lawson, et al. <— ANTHOLOGY!! “…In these brand new standalone novels, you’ll reconnect with your favorite protagonists from related series and discover more wonderfully imperfect, messed-up, kick-ass new adult characters. From stepbrothers to mafia lords and rich elites who take everything for granted, they have one thing in common: their love interests hate their guts. But they’re kings and queens, and they’ll fight tooth and nails for what’s theirs...”
- 2204 Hunter Lane by Marie-France Leger
- Renegade Lady by Dawn Martens <— BIKER BOOK! JOY IS LOVING THIS ONE!
Joy: I found something else during my search that’s really good. It’s called Renegade Lady by Dawn Martens. It was in a list of MC recommendations that I came across. I’m 65 pages in and didn’t wanna put it down last night!
Shannon: I have thoroughly enjoyed both of the books in the Renegade Sons MC series.
Lisa: Renegade lady Ride. Misappropriate my beautiful broken thing Angels in leather. Underworld champions. Misled. Angels halo. Biker bate. Trash. Seven brothers. Outlaw i have read them all enjoyed each and every one
bev: Almost done with The Fine Print and it is just OK for me. A lot of people love it so I was hopeful I’d found a new series.
A little ways into It Sounded Better in My Head. It’s a YA and I like it. The FL is only 18 and her pov. Definitely the pov of an 18 year old, but you know some of that never changes. She just went to a party where she barely knows anyone and how awkward that can be, and you know that doesn’t get easier with age, lol. Unless your one of those people who are super outgoing and see everyone as a friend you just haven’t met yet.
- Eyes on Me by Sara Cate <— LIVE!!! VOYEUR & SEES HIS STEP-SISTER ON CAM… “…I’m a voyeur—it means I like to watch. And in my line of work, that’s a gift. As one of the four owners of the Salacious Players’ Club, I’m comfortable on the sidelines. This is what I was made to do, and I work better alone. Until the day I stumble on a certain cam girl app and find myself watching the one person I should never have watched—my step-sister. There are three big problems with this. One, Mia and I can’t stand each other. Two, she has no idea I’m the man on the other end of the video. And three…I’m hooked—on the app and on her...”
- MONY LOVED THESE!
Mony: I’m reading quite a bit. A wide range. So far, mostly rom-com, thriller romances, PNR, mafia, dark, rock, sport, New Yorker short stories, and of course books with men in suits on cover.
- Married to the Rockstar: A marriage of convenience story! (Mile High Rocked Book 3) by Christina Hovland <— LIVE!! FAKE MARRIAGE BETWEEN THE BUDDING ACTRESS & THE FAMOUS ROCK STAR!! “…Irina Carmichael is ready for her big break. The problem is no one takes a second look at her, since she doesn’t fit into the general mold created for Hollywood starlets. Her hips are too big, her nose is too sharp, and her lips are too wide. But she’s so ready to step out of the background and into the spotlight. When Knox gets trashed in the tabloids, his publicist pitches the idea of an image-saving marriage to Irina. Irina figures the publicity can’t hurt and accepts—until the offers for major roles start pouring in, and she doesn’t need the arrangement…”
- Confessions of a Smutty Romance Author by Kelsie Hoss <— LIVE!! HER CAREER WAS GOING GREAT UNTIL SHE SAID THIS!! “…My career is going better than ever with one of my books being turned into a movie, but by the time my first live interview is over, so am I. Not only did I admit to never being in love, I said love was–and I quote–a purely fictional concept that only exists in books. Now even my most loyal fans never want to read another book I write, let alone watch the movie. My agent says I only have one option to save my career (aka the one true love of my life). I need to fall in love. And not with a book boyfriend this time…”
- The Bad Royals Box Set: The Complete Royally Unexpected Series by Lilian Monroe <— SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!!
- Made Series by Danielle Lori <— BEV ENOYED THESE MAFIA BOOKS!!
bev: I read two mafia books back to back this weekend. Romance YouTube has been into them right now, but I honestly rarely like them. But these were on KU and thought I’d give them a try.
I really liked them. Not too OTT or cheesy which I sometimes find in this genre.
I’d recently read a popular author’s MC book where the two leads were supposed to be all dark a sociopaths. Lots of violence but in between the leads were dramatic with all these flowery moments telling us, themselves, and others how dark and dangerous they are. It read more like high-school drama kids going all method for a play about psychotic bikers than an actual psychotic killer.
Anyway, these two I read had heroine’s I really liked which I think is why I liked them so much. Liking the heroine’s is such a big thing for me. Dual povs bust mostly the h with the heroes’ sprinkled about. As much as I rooted for the heroines’ happiness I still felt bad for them because they are stuck in those life that doesn’t treat women that well (though one hundred percent over protective heroes) and the author doesn’t sugar coat that.
- Meet Me at Midnight: A Friends to Lovers, Second Chance Romance by Melissa Toppen <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE!! HE BROKE HER HEART!!! “...He didn’t just steal my innocence that night. He broke every part of me. Dismantled me from the inside out until there was nothing left of the girl I used to be. Years passed. Moments faded into the background. Until eventually, he became nothing more than a distant memory- a dream that almost didn’t seem real.
But then suddenly he’s there, standing in front of me again like he never left. And in that one heartbeat, in that one breath, I relive it all over again...”
- Secret Verses by Charlotte Howard
- Princess of Bears: Locrottum Universe Book Two by Manswell T Peterson
- If We Disappear Here by M Hayes and Mindy Hayes <— LIVE!!! THRILLER ALERT!! STRANGERS IMPRISONED TOGETHER!! “…Pain shoots through Maeve Campbell’s body when she wakes cold and disoriented, locked in a neglected cement room. Her drowsy eyes sweep the cell and land on a masculine, limp body across the room. Gripping his shoulder, she rolls him to his back, face angling toward her. Only it’s not who she thinks. It’s not her husband. And they aren’t alone. A stranger taunts them from within an old rusted speaker. A stranger who wants them to suffer. With each passing day, and only each other to lean on, their determination becomes a fight not only for survival but for each other...”
- Ruined by Rebecca Grey
- Date with the Devil by Molly Shelby
- Dare Nation Series by Carly Phillips <— AIMEE ENJOYED THIS ONE!
Aimee: This was 4 stars. Not a lot of drama which is what I like but still good. It was free with audible unlimited!!! 4 books in one!!!
…I meant to say I like drama and angst but these were low on it. That’s why I rated it 4*
- Violent Reign by Lili St. Germain <— LIVE!!! CAROLIN FOUND US THIS NEW RELEASE! TRILOGY CONCLUSION!! 😀
Carolin: Lili St. Germain released Violent Reign, the final book of her Violent Reign series.
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Welcome to Sugartown by Carmen Jenner <— HUGELY POPULAR WAY BACK WHEN… 😉 And Aimee loved it!
Aimee: This is the one where it had a negative review that I read and was like this is right up my alley!!!! I have to say it was a 4* with 5* narrators! Love the drama and hero having to grovel!!! Starting the second book to find out her best friends story!!!
Aimee: The Sugartown series was really good!!! Definitely 4* with 5* Australian narrators!!!
Maryse: Ohhh yesssss Aimee. I remember Welcome to Sugartown. There is a violent scene in that one that can really trigger some. Just sayin’ (that said… it was SUPER-popular back in the early-indie days… everyone loved it for the most part).
- Smart Mouth: An Opposites Attract Romantic Comedy (Work For It Book 4) by Emma Lee
- On a Night Like This by Lindsey Kelk
- Pyte/Sentinel Series by R L Mathewson <— AIMEE IS ENJOYING THIS SERIES!
Aimee: I am listening to the series called Pyte/Sentinel by R L Mathewson. The first one is Tall, Dark & Lonely. It’s not bad I’d say 3.5-4* only because it’s only a female narrator and she’s ok. But the series is a free one with the membership! It’s a fantasy suspense!
- Through My Window by Ariana Godoy <— AIMEE ALSO ENJOYED THIS ONE!
Aimee: It was free with my membership and I loved it 4* only because I found it just a little to long… but I seen it’s on Netflix! But I want to read the second book before I decide to jump on the bandwagon of watching it!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Unlikely Date: A Calloway Brothers Novel (Calloway Creek Series) by Samantha Christy | Apr 30, 2022
- Where Dreams Begin by Lianne Moriarty | Apr 30, 2022
- Caged: A dark mafia Thumbelina retelling by Helen Allan | Apr 30, 2022
- Body Checked: A Frenemies-to-Lovers Hockey Romance (Astoria Bay Thunder Book 2) by CJ Cartwright
- Sinful: A Dark Reverse Age Gap Bully Romance by Mallory Fox | Apr 30, 2022
- King of Midnight: A Midnight Breed Novel by Lara Adrian | Apr 30, 2022
- At the Quiet Edge: A Novel by Victoria Helen Stone – May 1, 2022
- Goodbye Never by Prescott Lane – May 2, 2022
- Tear Down the Throne: A Novel (A Gargoyle Queen Novel Book 2) by Jennifer Estep | May 3, 2022
- Part of Your World by Abby Jimenez | May 3, 2022
- Darling Girl (have always loved Peter Pan) by Liz Michalski | May 3, 2022
- Yerba Buena by Nina Lacour | May 3, 2022
- The Hacienda by Isabel Cañas | May 3, 2022
- Breath Less by Amy McCulloch | May 3, 2022
- The Change by Kirsten Miller | May 3, 2022
- Book of night by Holly Black | May 3, 2022
- Blame It on the Brontes by Annie Sereno | May 3, 2022
- The Blue Butterfly: A Novel of Marion Davies by Leslie Johansen Nack | May 3, 2022
- The Extraordinary Ordinary by Natalie Rodriguez | May 6, 2022
- Darling Descent by Leighann Hart | May 7, 2022
- Boys, Beasts & Men by Sam J. Miller – May 10th 2022
- Every Summer After by Carley Fortune – May 10, 2022
- The Bus to Beulah: A Novel by Eldridge Hanes – May 10, 2022
- The Treehouse on Dog River Road: A Novel by Catherine Drake – May 10, 2022
- Ruthless Kingdom: A Reverse Harem Romance (Boneyard Kings Book 3) by Becca Steele and C. Lymari | May 13, 2022
- GoulCrest: Book 1 of the Vestovian Trilogy by Alicia Jeanne – May 13th 2022
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!