<— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE!!! Boyfriend Bargain by Ilsa Madden-Mills… THE HOCKEY STAR & THE GIRL DESPERATE TO GET HIS ATTENTION… “... nothing prepares him for the mystery girl who shows up everywhere he does—frat parties, his favorite bar, and finally his front door with an offer he can’t refuse. The only rule in her boyfriend bargain: no falling in love. But after one (um, two) smoking-hot hookups, he’s done with pretending and vows to make their fake relationship real. Too bad she can’t trust a player with a reputation for breaking hearts…”
AND ALSO LIVE!!!The Envy of Idols: A High School Bully Romance (Rich Boys of Burberry Prep Book 3) by C.M STUNICH!! So many in our reading crew are really into this series!!! Check out the reactions in my Rich Boys of Burberry Prep Series Reading Order post or jump into book #3 if you’ve been waiting for it!! 😀 ➔➔➔➔➔➔➔➔➔➔➔➔
HAPPY FRIDAY!! I’m still working on the list as we speak and will be adding book finds and recommendations throughout the day, but the list is pretty great already! 😀
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ Kindle Unlimited Membership super-bargain deal!!!! <— Hey guess what??!! The Kindle Unlimited Membership deal is still on (I think this is the last month to get in on it)!!!
- ➔➔➔ PRIME MEMBERS!! Amazon First Reads are up for May. ☺️ I one-clicked “Valencia and Valentine“
- Kiss Me Tonight by Maria Luis <— LIVE!!! EX-FOOTBALL STAR & HIS SINGLE MOM NEW NEIGHBOR… “…I had it all. The Super Bowl rings. The hot shot TV gig. Then I got fired. Now I’m living in middle-of-nowhere Maine, playing assistant coach to the woman of my nightmares. Did I mention that she and her son are my new neighbors?…”
- Rules of Stone: Great Falls Academy, Episode 1 by Alex Lidell <— LIVE!!
- Well Suited by Staci Hart <— LIVE!! STACI HART ALERT!! ACCIDENTAL PREGNANCY ALERT!! “…The upside? I don’t have to go looking for a suitable mate. Genetically, he’s the cream of the crop. His musculature is a study in symmetry and strength, his height imposing and impressive. He is a man who thrives on control and command, a man who survives on intelligence and resourcefulness. A perfect male specimen. And the whole package is wrapped up in a flawlessly tailored suit. I’m having this baby, and he insists we’re well-suited to have it together. And what’s worse? He wants more, in the way of love and marriage….”
- Just My Type by Tara Sivec <— COMEDY ROMANCE RECENT RELEASE & we have Feedback!! Jennifer is LOVING this one!!
Jennifer: So I am reading Just My Type! My husband is sick and trying to sleep and I’m legit shaking the bed I’m laughing so hard. This is the most dang entertaining story I’ve read in years and as of yet….no love loves have been given. I officially do not care because it’s HILARIOUS!!!!
Marion: Just My Type is sooo funny. I haven’t laughed this hard over a book in ages. Very witty exchanges by the main characters. Highly recommend if you need cheering up.
- Rhyme & Reason by Nia Forrester <— RECENT RELEASE & Jan found us this one!!
Jan: Nia Forrester has a new book out, Rhyme and Reason. It’s the newest one of her fabulous Commitment series. It came out on April 19th, but I didn’t realise till last night. I’ve started it and it’s good! So fun to go back into that world again. She’s one of my top fav writers
Natasha: I cannot recommend Nia Forrester enough. Her style of writing is so smooth and real. She’s an auto-buy for me.
- Her Perfect by Stephie Walls <— LIVE!!! FORBIDDEN LOVE TEACHER-STUDENT ROMANCE ALERT!! “…He was like two different people—Eli and Dr. Paxton. While I knew the latter would turn out to be an incredible teacher, the idea of Eli being more threw me for a loop. I couldn’t separate the two, and it seemed vastly inappropriate and strangely alluring. The practical side of me needed to win the war inside my mind. I had to please the teacher, not the man. But once I’d cross that line, there was no turning back…”
Lisa C: Her Perfect. Teacher/student romance. Usually this troupe doesn’t live up to my expectations. I’m halfway through Her Perfect and it’s slow burn goodness!!! I want them to fight it!!!!!! Writing is good. I hate when the teacher is “the bad guy”. I love Eli. Or at least so far. Excited to finish.
- Unexpected Love (Unforeseen Destiny Book 2) by Kimberly Readnour <— LIVE! HE’S HER NERDY, SEXY, INFURIATING BOSS!! “…Infuriating to the core. One sexy nerd. My new boss. Forced to spend time with a guy I can’t stand? Check! Arguing every point because he’s the complete opposite? Check! Developing feelings for said guy…Check?”
- You. Me. Bed. Now. by Olivia T. Turner <— SHORT STORY recent release & we have feedback! Tessa liked it well enough, saying it had so much potential – could have been 5 stars – but needing much more from it! Still… might be a fun quickie while waiting for an appointment or something. 😉
Tessa: Oh meant to tell you all, I also read You, Me, Bed, Now. *sighs* It should have been MUCH longer, but it was a short story. Even the meet-cute love at first sight was actually really well done, but then it was over… and it wasn’t that it wasn’t finished, it was just over. If it had been fleshed out, it could have been great. More trouble, more angst, not things falling to well together and hea. *shrugs* Still, the beginning really did show promise and I hope the author rights a more fleshed out book. It could truly be great if it starts like the beginning and maybe more of the before. Just too rushed.
…It could have honestly been a 5* of swooning and cuteness if it had been expanded. The editing and writing were there and the dude looked what sounded like Jason Mamoa and had a swoon-worthy personality. And she’s an awkward American with no knowledge of Rugby reporting for a piece of American news about it.
- Under the Northern Lights by S.C. Stephens <— S.C. STEPHENS RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!! And by Leslie M, no less, who is picky 😉 AND has been in a book slump, and she loved this one. YAY ME!! THIS will be my next (after the one I’m reading today):
Leslie M: I just finished Under the Northern Lights by S.C. Stephens and I think all of you will love it! No worries if you didnt like Thoughtless as characters and storyline are NOTHING like it. It’s slow burn, major UST, super swoony, single POV by h and reminds me of The Simple Wild and K.A. Tucker’s writing style.
Jean: Oooo, you guys…..I loved Under the Northern Lights by S.C. Stephens!!
Maryse: SQUEEEEEE!!! I have that one (but I just started “The Silent Patient” last night)… and I LOVED The Simple Wild!!! 😀
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler <— FUNNY BIOGRAPHY SUPER-SALE ALERT!!!
- JAN RECOMMENDS THESE TWO NEW RELEASES:
- Behind Her Eyes: A Suspenseful Psychological Thriller by Sarah Pinborough <—- BLURB JOLT PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT AND I’M KICKING MYSELF!!! HOW DID I MISS THIS SALE?? No matter, it still sounds incredibly awesome. and Stephen King says so, so I’ll post it so we can at least put it on our TBR lists. Or one-click it if we just can’t stand waiting anymore. HER SWEET BAR-KISS ENDS UP BEING HER NEW BOSS… AND HE’S MARRIED. “…Though he leaves after they kiss, she’s thrilled she finally connected with someone. When Louise arrives at work on Monday, she meets her new boss, David. The man from the bar. The very married man from the bar…who says the kiss was a terrible mistake, but who still can’t keep his eyes off Louise. And then Louise bumps into Adele, who’s new to town and in need of a friend. But she also just happens to be married to David. And if you think you know where this story is going, think again…”
KAT: On sale …
Maryse: GASP!!! I I MISSED IT!!! *throws self on floor and wails in agony* I WANNA READ IT!!
- My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing <— PSYCH-THRILLER RECENT RELEASE & THE ANSWER TO one of yesterday’s reader questions and this sounds right up my creepy alley!!! 😉 “…We look like a normal couple. We’re your neighbors, the parents of your kid’s friend, the acquaintances you keep meaning to get dinner with. We all have our secrets to keeping a marriage alive. Ours just happens to be getting away with murder...”
Cheryl: I really enjoyed it!
Vicki: That’s it. Really good book!
Amy: A couple of good deals for thriller lovers:
I clicked both of them, even though I’m not particularly a thriller lover. I’m always willing to give intriguing ones a try!
AUDIOBOOK L VERS!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Wicked King by Holly Black <— Nay loved it!
Nay: I finished the audio version of The Wicked King: The Folk of the Air, Book 2 yesterday, and I loved it! Thanks, Michele G., for talking me into listening to the series! Now I only have to wait until January for the next one. 🙁
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Carry the World by Susan Fanetti – May 4th 2019
- Suppression (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team Book 2) by Laramie Briscoe – May 4th 2019
- Broken Throne: A Red Queen Collection by Victoria Aveyard – May 7th 2019
- Storm Cursed (A Mercy Thompson Novel Book 11) by Patricia Briggs – May 7th 2019
- Things We Never Said: A Hart’s Boardwalk Novel by Samantha Young – May 7th 2019
- The Skull Crusher by Penelope Sky – May 7th 2019
- The Bluestocking (Wicked Wallflowers Book 4) by Christi Caldwell – May 7th 2019
- Rescue Me (Baby for the Billionaire, Book 6) by Melody Anne – May 7th 2019
- Dance With Me (With Me In Seattle Book 12) by Kristen Proby – May 7th 2019
- Then Came You: A Laws of Attraction Novel by Kate Meader – May 7th 2019
- The Bride Test by Helen Hoang – May 7th 2019
- Blessing in Disguise by Danielle Steel – May 7th 2019
- That Second Chance (Getting Lucky Book 1) y Meghan Quinn – May 7th 2019
- Code Name: Genesis (Jameson Force Security Book 1) by Sawyer Bennett – May 7th 2019
- The Big Kahuna (Fox and O’Hare Book 6) by Janet Evanovich – May 7th 2019
- Top Secret by Elle Kennedy & Sawyer Bennett – May 7th 2019
- Soccer Mom (Killer Moms Book 1) by Eve Langlais – May 8th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).