<— THIS IS THE STAR OF TODAY’S FRIDAY FINDS SHOW!! Okay so while I’m not the biggest fan of beards… after all of these recommendations for Beautifully Cruel, how could I resist?? Especially since I’ve loved another book by this author – BIG TIME (Book Review – Perfect Strangers). I’m so excited!!!
Mony: Almost forgot to tell you about a book mentioned here a week ago. Beautifully Cruel by J.T. Geissinger. Just finished it as part of a group read…couldn’t stop…read it all at once. A delicious scrumptious read… 5 stars for me…grumpy hot mysterious alpha, sassy chick, hot chemistry, slow burn, some steamy scenes, …sadly I also like that he’s wealthy – lol Just my kind of book!
Rae: Just Finished J T Geisinger Beautifully Cruel. Slow, Slowly and then K’CHING! Liam Black GAH! 5 stars from me.
Mary Ann: He had me at “Hullo” even if he is grumpy. It was a 5 ⭐️ for me. I gave me a few chuckles specially the part when Truvy talked to her Mom. They have so many similarities yet so different in depths.
Kelly: So good I read it straight through. However I swear I’ve read it a few years ago. Does anyone know if the author re released it?
Ann: Ha, how unobservant I am, finished Beautifully Cruel last night and loved it too. But just reading your Friday finds opening comments and I’m beard? Liam doesn’t have a beard? Then I noticed the cover, I’ve read a few other books by J.T. Geissinger obviously I chose this based on past experience with the author and the synopsis definitely not the cover picture. 👍👍 Was good.
Maryse: Sooooo… NO BEARD?? YAYYYYY!!! This makes me even happier!!!
Joy: Hi everyone! Maryse, I’m reading Beautifully Cruel and am into it soooooo hard! I’m picturing Stuart Reardon as Liam! He’s all sorts of yumminess, has loads of tats and I think he’s of Irish descent. I can’t wait to see where this story goes.
Stacy: I read Beautifully Cruel earlier this week and loved it!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT ELSE WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- EXTENDED THROUGH JUNE!!! ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. 😲👏👏👏 WE ARE LOVING IT!
- My Sinful Temptation by Lauren Blakely <— LIVE!! LAUREN BLAKELY ALERT! “…a year later, she’s one of my closest friends. The feisty, no-nonsense, sexy-as-hell blonde that I just want to slap my handcuffs on and do bad things to. I resist though, since I need her too much as a friend. Until the night all my resistance cracks, and we fall into bed together. And I start thinking we can maybe find a way to make this work. Until she tells me she’s leaving town…”
- Where the Rainbow Ends (Summer Lake Silver Book 4) by SJ McCoy <— LIVE
- Faking It with the Frenemy by Nadia Lee <— LIVE
- Finding Home (Player Loves Curves Book 2) by Hope Ford <— LIVE
- Choose Me (The Lindstroms Book 4) by Katy Paige and Katy Regnery <— RECENT RELEASE BY KATY REGNERY & Michele G LOVED it:
Michele G: I read two great books recently…very different genres…Katy Paige’s Choose Me (which releases today) is one where you can’t help but cheer for the “underdog” in the story (Jane)…and her love interest, Lars…phew I have to fan myself. I just loved them as a couple.
Mony: Michele, Love your recommendation for Katy Paige’s Choose Me. Looking forward to reading that one!
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix <— Michele G LOVED this one too!
Michele G: Then, over the weekend, I listened to (and read) The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix…OH MY! Such a unique vampire book! First off, you know I loved the southern setting…and I also liked the different take on vampire imagery. I highly recommend it…but be warned it is a bit gruesome.
Mony: I just looked up The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix…it sounds weirdly wonderful. Just my cup of tea. 🙂 Hope I can get to that one too!
- Sea of Ruin by Pam Godwin <— STEAMY & FORBIDDENY RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK ‘CAUSE KELLY LOVED IT!
Kelly: Finished Sea of Ruin by Pam Godwin yesterday and LOVED it. Definitely recommend it. It is different than some of her other books. Pirate theme but very modern despite being historical.
Jan: The cover of Sea of Ruin is unusual and I love it too. Another eye-catcher.
Lisa: I am intrigued!!!!! I’ll be downloading this baby! Thank you Maryse!
Rae: Not a fan of historical stories but I just might be tempted with this one.
Pam: It’s incredible ❤️❤️❤️
- Black Light: The Beginning by Livia Grant and Jennifer Bene <— THREE BOOK BUNDLE ALERT!! FIRST 3 BOOKS IN THE BLACK LIGHT SERIES! Over 700 pages long! Each book is about a different set of characters.
- Bound By The Past (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles Book 7) by Cora Reilly <— LIVE!!! MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! “...Growing up in the mafia, I knew the challenges in our life would be numerous. I never expected them to tear at the very base of our family, of our existence…”
- Perfect in His Eyes (Family Blessings Book 1) by Linda Goodnight <— LIVE!!!
- Lexi’s Protector (Men Without A Cause Book 1) by Lana Lynn <— LIVE!!!
- Matt’s Rainbow (Rainbow Key Book 4) by Victoria Sue <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- The Color of Summer by Anna Martin <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Into the Water: A Novel by Paula Hawkins <— PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! Kat found us this bargain!
Kat: On sale… I know many of us enjoyed her book The Girl On the Train
- Take a Chance on Me by Kathryn R. Biel <—LIVE!!! SHE’S HOPING FOR A NORMAL LIFE AGAIN… “…After spending almost a decade as a near recluse and virtually paralyzed by crippling panic attacks, an alternative therapy might be her only shot at regaining her life after trauma. Trauma that forced her to give up everything, including a promising career on the stage...”
- A Deadly Obsession: Dark Romance Suspense (The Obsessed Duet Book 1) by Vi Carter <— LIVE!!!
- Seer (The Titanomachy Book 1) by S.E. Welsh <— LIVE!!!
- The Woman in the Painting: Gripping historical fiction with a heartbreaking love story by Kerry Postle <— LIVE!!!
- The Man Next Door: Orchard Heights Book 2 – standalone by Roya Carmen <— LIVE!! ROYA CARMEN – HER NEW NEIGHBOR ALERT!! “...I’m not truly living anymore, just going through the motions. Until… Noah Parker. My new neighbor. Beautiful, sweet and intoxicating. There’s something about him I just can’t put my finger on. He’s the first man since Gavin I’ve truly let myself fall for. I think he might be the one. Until… … the day I discover his secret…”
- Sweet Dandelion by Micalea Smeltzer <— FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT!! Patricia is enjoying this one!
Patricia: I’m reading Sweet Dandelion (angsty, forbidden love story between a student and a school counselor) and listening to Dread Nation (an African-American girl who is in combat school training to kill zombies and who wants to better her life). Two very different, but satisfying books.
- Her to Protect: The Girl Power Romance Collection by Nicky F. Grant <— LIVE!! SHE WAS A FORMER ARMY SERGEANT…now bodyguard “...It was simple: Collect a London scientist who held the codes to man-kind’s ultimate mystery and deliver him and his discoveries to San Francisco. An invention that would turn the world upside down. But Patrick Bruckheimer wasn’t just any scientist, he was my childhood friend...” P.S. The author has a few to give away right here, for free!!! She says:
Nicky F. Grant: I have 20 downloads available – first come, first serve. Giveaway will expire on Sunday the 24th. : Here is the ARC GIVEAWAY link. https://BookHip.com/PLZWXQ
- DEBT by Nina G. Jones <— SUPER-DARK READ ALERT!! Michele recommends this one!
Michele: If you like Dark, Adult “Bully Books” try DEBT by Nina G. Jones
Story: Woman has fantasies of a man raping her.. Through a friend she finds an on-line site that can make her dream come true. Then it happens, just as she wanted. But…when a second man shows up, she realizes that it was not a fantasy after all. Who was this first man? When she meets him again, expect lots of surprises about how the two are connected. He thinks he has a reason for revenge, but does he? Will she be able to prove him wrong and control him? Read if you like dark romance, with this rape theme.
- The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! SO MANY HERE WENT CRAZY FOR THIS ONE! Kathy found it on super-bargain sale!
Kathy: The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne is on sale… This is a historical romance but is one of the best that I have read. It has darker themes than some of your traditional historical romances.
Jane: The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne. It’s got it all. It’s HR, long lost love. Found love, but doesn’t know it. Dorian is a scoundrel, Farah Leigh is kryptonite. I love the writing. I love the Audible narrator. LOVE it.
MichelleS: I found the Highwayman on this list & gave it a try. Absolutely loving it. Tortured hero, in love since childhood – she is his little “fairy” with white blonde hair. Met in an orphanage. I love this mushy stuff!
- Seven Sins of Snow: A Dark, Vampire, RH, Romance by Loxley Savage <— LIVE!!! REVERSE HAREM ALERT!! “…My stepmother, the evil queen, hates me. She wants me dead but hasn’t killed me yet. At her insistence, a never-ending line of repugnant suitors vie for my hand, but when I decline each and every one, the evil queen punishes me…severely. She will stop at nothing until I’m sold or dead. As she grows insane with power and my death appears imminent, something unexpected happens. I see lurkers. They come to me in my dreams, touch me, taste me. Even though I’ve never met them outside of my mind, I begin to crave them…”
Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland <— Patricia is listening to this one!
Patricia: I’m reading Sweet Dandelion (angsty, forbidden love story between a student and a school counselor)
and listening to Dread Nation (an African-American girl who is in combat school training to kill zombies and who wants to better her life).
Two very different, but satisfying books.
- Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes <— NAY IS LOVING THIS ONE!
Nay: I’m listening to Hidden Bodies and LOVING it SO much! The narrator, Santino Fontana (he also narrates the new Hunger Games book), is just primo! And I love how disturbingly funny it is!
Maryse: I LOVED that book even more than “You”!!!!
- Daisy Jones & The Six: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid <— I LOVED IT & Janet just emailed me that she loved it too!
Janet: Hi, just listened to a fabulous audiobook ‘Daisy and The Six’ by Taylor Jenkins Reid. A fast paced, multivoiced, layered look at a fictional rock band from the 70s. Sex, drugs, rock n’ roll, true love, betrayal, soulmates and great, great characters!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Fragments of Delores: a suspensful psychological drama from the author of ‘Beautiful Victim’ by Claire C. Riley – May 25th 2019
- Dream Maker (The Dream Series Book 1) by Kristen Ashley – May 26th 2019
- You Belong With Me (With Me In Seattle Book 14) by Kristen Proby – May 26th 2019
- Hideaway: A Novel by Nora Roberts – May 26th 2019
- The Friendship List by Susan Mallery – May 26th 2019
- The Return (Second Chance Flower Shop Book 1) by Noelle Adams – May 26th 2019
- Last Girl Standing by Lisa Jackson – May 26th 2019
- The Gilded Ones (Deathless Book 1) by Namina Forna – May 26th 2019
- Broken (Deep Ops Book 3) by Rebecca Zanetti – May 26th 2020
- Always a Bridesmaid (Getting Hitched in Dixie Book 2) by Cindi Madsen – May 26th 2020
- Queen Move by Kennedy Ryan – May 26th 2020
- My Girl: A Psychological Thriller by S. Cole – May 26th 2020
- Inside Affair (Prime Time Series Book 1) by Ella Frank – May 27th 2020
- Saving 6: Boys of Tommen #3 by Chloe Walsh – May 29th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).