<— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! Colleen Hoover’s upcoming release “Regretting You” JUST WENT UP FOR PREORDER!!! 😀
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!! HOLY MOLY it’s almost already June. Summer is in full swing here in Florida (HOT in the 90s all day long, right now), and I guess it’s still somewhat cool in Canada where my mom is. Anyway, I will be spending this weekend in the air-conditioning for the hottest part of the day… reading. And luckily, we found a bunch of books to choose from. New releases, super-bargain, and reader recommendations (and all add more as we find ’em). But first:
➔➔➔ Kindle Unlimited Membership super-bargain deal!!!! <—
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY to get in on it!!! Extended through the month of June!!! 😀
P.S. I’m not sure if the Kindle Unlimited super-deal is going on in other countries, but if you’re not a Kindle Unlimited member, Canadians can join here and those in the UK can join here. This is a membership that I totally indulge in!
Also! Amazon Prime day is coming soon, so if there are any Canadians that aren’t Prime members yet, you can join here and those in the UK can join here. I’ve been a Prime member for years and it’s AMAZING everything I have access to (let alone the free speedy shipping!!) AND BOY DO I USE IT!! *snort* 😉 😛
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- The Vanishing Season (The Collector Book 4) by Dot Hutchison <— LIVE!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! I really enjoyed book #1 in this series!! “…Eight-year-old Brooklyn Mercer has gone missing. And as accustomed as FBI agents Eliza Sterling and Brandon Eddison are to such harrowing cases, this one has struck a nerve. It marks the anniversary of the disappearance of Eddison’s own little sister. Disturbing, too, is the girl’s resemblance to Eliza—so uncanny they could be mother and daughter...”
- Beyond Her Desire (A Beyond Surrender Romance Book 3) by Nicky F. Grant <— LIVE!!! AND IT TOOK R. OUT OF HER SLUMP!! 😀
And thanks to Nicky F. Grant’s Beyond Her Desire (which FINALLY released today, no thanks to Amazon), I’m over my book slump!! I finished it Thursday and loved it, …I’m finally back!! Yay!!!
- If There’s No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— YA SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! SHE WAS SO EXCITED FOR LIFE & HER FUTURE… “…Until one choice, one moment, destroys everything. Now Lena isn’t looking forward to tomorrow. Not when friend time may never be the same. Not when college applications feel all but impossible. Not when Sebastian might never forgive her for what happened. For what she let happen...”
- The Bratva’s Bride: A Dark Mafia Romance (Wicked Doms) by <— LIVE!! MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! “…You steal from the brotherhood, you pay with your life. But the thief is a woman, and she’s too beautiful to die. My wedding band will be her collar. Our vows will be her shackles…”
- Hot Under the Collar (The Dogmothers Book 1) by Roxanne St. Claire <— LIVE!! THE FIREMAN & HIS DOG THAT FAILED THE ARSEN INVESTIGATOR TEST!! “…Cassie has spent years putting family first, even moving to Bitter Bark when her mother falls in love with the local veterinarian. Having a huge new extended “family” is fun, especially when one smokeshow of a firefighter attends the gatherings, but Cassie has no plans to remain in this small town. She’s ready to pursue her big city dreams. But when Braden asks for an assist for his precious pup, Cassie agrees to help him set up a town-wide scavenger hunt...”
- Fearless King by Maya Hughes <— LIVE!!! MAYA HUGHES ALERT!! HE BROKE HER HEART & she thought she was over him… “…After a lifetime of wishing, I stared up into Ford’s eyes with his fingers caressing my cheek and my heart racing. The evening ended with my heart bleeding on the ballroom floor. He destroyed my heart two years ago…but now he wants back in my life...”
- Fated To Be Family (Kindred of Arkadia Book 2) by Alanea Alder <— “…**Alanea’s Note** This is a re-release of a previously published title. It has been re-edited and a bit more content has been added, but nothing that would change the story dramatically…”
- Needing Forever VOL 2: Part of The Rocker… Series Universe by Terri Anne Browning <–LIVE!! Ohhhh I like the sound of this compilation!! “…From The Rocker… series Universe by USA Today Bestselling author Terri Anne Browning comes a collection of novellas featuring some of your favorite characters…”
- Outcast (Southern Rebels MC Book 2) by Kristin Coley
- Savage Angel: A Motorcycle Club Romance (Rough Jesters MC Book 1) by Brook Wilder
- Shadow Glass: A Reverse Harem (The Red Masques Book 3) by M. Sinclair
- Ruined: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (Confessions Series Book 3) by Lilian Monroe
- Mr. Justice: A Second Chance Romance by Piper Sullivan <— LIVE!!! HOMETOWN HERO IS PART OF THE CHARITY CALENDAR & HE GHOSTED HER… “…I’ve known Walker almost my whole life, and I’ve loved him just as long. One night of passion, that’s what we shared before he ghosted me. Like I was nothing. It took some time, but I got over it. Over him. Until it happened again. And again. Now I’ve got more than a crush on a hometown hero. I have a broken heart...”
- Pieces of a Broken Heart: Whiskey Bend Series Book One by Samantha Conley
- Forever Bound (Vampire Brides) by Karpov Kinrade
- Stay With Me (Backstage Pass Book 3) by Tara Frejas <— SHE HAS TO MOVE IN WITH HIM… “…Moving to Seoul for a job at an entertainment company has made a self-reliant woman out of Filipina. But when she gets injured in an accident and her boyfriend, Gabriel, proposes she move in with him until she’s back in shape, Fi reluctantly gives up her independence…”
- Never Let Me Go (Bayou Devils MC Book 6) by A.M. Myers <— LIVE!! SHE LOST HER MEMORY & HE OFFERS HER A RIDE... “…After a horrific car accident steals her father’s life and five years of her memory, she is lost in a world she doesn’t recognize and is desperately searching for answers. Nothing feels right and behind each clue from her past are more questions, so she does the only thing she can do – run. Sawyer Michelson, brother of the Bayou Devils MC, looks intimidating as hell and a smart girl like Juliette knows better than to accept a ride from a stranger…”
- The Mister by E.L. James <— Jennifer enjoyed it!
Jennifer: So I just finished The Mister. It got really rough reviews but I thought overall it was a great read. I think people probably went in expecting a Christian and Anna feel and were disappointed. This was NOT BDSM and it was relatively mild in comparison to what we all have become used to from E.L James.
The story was strong and the characters well rounded in my option. I enjoyed it and hope others will give it a try regardless of some of the reviews.
- The Secret Girl: A High School Bully Romance (Adamson All-Boys Academy Book 1) by C.M. Stunich <— BULLY READ RECENT RELEASE & we have feedback!! Tessa loved it BUT it’s making her “NOPE”. 😉
Tessa: The Secret Girl was great. I didn’t want to stop reading it. Finished it last night and ugh, she’s the queen of CH, I swear. But how it ended. NOPE. I reject that reality. 😛 I will live in the hope that it’s a lie. Yep, I am happy in my NOPE bubble.
So, the end was so uh… horrible (book story eep wise, not like it was crap) that I had to find a book right away that would be lighter before sleeping. No more nightmares for me. Again, NOPE
- Written with Regret (The Regret Duet Book 1) by Aly Martinez <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!! AND IT MADE MICHELLE THROW HER KINDLE!! But I think she LOVED it. 😉
Michelle E: Omg!! I’m reading the new Aly Martinez book and here I am thinking this book is so unusual for her writing style. Sure it’s angsty.. and hooked me from page one but it seemed sweet too and then WHAM…BAM twist I should have seen, but didn’t see at the 97% mark hit me like WHOA!!
I threw my kindle with only a few pages left because I DIDN’T SEE THAT COMING… I’m pacing while typing this to you. I don’t know if I can read the rest. *spoiler* has to be wrong about our *spoiler* but now it’s out there and I can’t unsee it and it’s a cliffhanger.. so yeah I don’t know if I can finish.
She’s done it again with her brilliant writing. Ugh sorry for the rant.
- Troublesome Roommate by Chloe Grey <— OMG THIS BLURB MADE ME SNORT!!! HE’S HER RUDE NEW ROOMMATE… and then she finds out he’s something else... “…I thought I had scored the jackpot. But what was the first thing he said to me? “Move.” Now I hate my new roommate and he hates me too. It doesn’t matter. I will just continue my life as if he isn’t here, shirtless and roaming around our apartment. I have other things to focus on, like the new job I am starting tomorrow to clear off my crushing debts. First day of work and who do I bump into?…”
- Stark Raving Mad (Chicago’s Finest Book 2) by Vanessa Knight <— THE COP THAT HAS TO KEEP HER SAFE… (her ex is back…) “…As a homicide detective with the Chicago Police Department, there’s never enough hours in the day for a social life or a woman, at least until he’s given the task of protecting Brooklyn Southby. Business and pleasure collide as his life becomes all about keeping her safe, whether she likes it or not...”
- Her Perfect: A Student-Teacher Romance by Stephie Walls <— STUDENT/TEACHER ROMANCE ALERT!! Linda is enjoying this one!!
Linda: Only 27% into my latest read Her Perfect by Stephie Walls and I’m addicted!! Anyone in a slump? It’s a teacher/student scenario!!
- Sins by Nadia Lee <— LIVE!! HE’S OBSESSED WITH HER… “…she has a new name, a new identity, and doesn’t remember me. But she still holds my heart in her hands. I know she is my Ivy. People say that I’m obsessed…that I’m crazy. They aren’t wrong. My billions are worthless without her in my arms...”
- Mail-Order Bride Ink: Dear Mr. Kincaid by Kit Morgan
- Delicious: A Brother’s Best Friend Romantic Comedy (Camos and Cupcakes Book 1) by Melissa Schroeder
- Dragon in Denial: Bad Alpha Dads (Taming the Dragon Book 3) by Tami Lund
- Rage (Her Monsters Book 1) by K.A Knight <— LIVE!! REVERSE HAREM ALERT!! HER HUSBAND IS GOING TO REGRET IT… “…My husband killed me. Then he screwed his way through the city, the only problem? I didn’t stay dead. It seems killing me woke something deep inside, something so dark and buried so deep I never knew it was there. I don’t know what I am, I don’t really care. All I can think about is revenge…”
- Touched by Moonlight: Shifters Wild & Free Reverse Harem 2 by Bonnie Vanek
- Twisted Tides: A Reverse Harem Fantasy Romance (Wicked Waves Book 1) by Erin O’Kane & Loxley Savage
- Wish Granted: The Conduit Trilogy Book Three by K.B. Everly and Anita Maxwell <— REVERSE HAREM TRILOGY CONCLUSION!! “Have you ever had all your wishes in life granted, only to betray everyone you love? I have…”
- The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air Book 1) by Holly Black <— FIVE STAR LOVE ALERT!!! Grey just discovered this series and is freaking out!!
Grey: Okay seriously, I know I’m really late to the party but, The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air Book 1) and The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air Book 2)…OMG! We are talking 5 star love for both of them, for real…
How long do I have to wait for The Queen of Nothing? It’s been fifteen minutes and I’m already having withdrawals over here!
- JERK FACE ALERT!! ASHLEY’S BEEN ON A READING SPREE of this genre, and she enjoyed these! P.S. NOTE from Maryse: I’m reading Marriage for One and I’m loving it. I love the heroine (she’s funny and fun!!), and he’s so moody, and a bit infuriating and reluctantly endearing and all that good stuff – so far… 😉
Ashley: I read a bunch of jerk-face books lately;
- River Wild by Samantha Towle,
- Marriage For One by Ella Maisie,
- Boss I Love to Hate: An Office Romance by Mia Kayla,
- Hotshot Doc by R.S. Grey,
- The Work Wife: A Romantic Comedy by C.J. Martín, (a reread of)
- One Percent of You by Michelle Gross and
- Faking Ms. Right: A Hot Romantic Comedy by Claire Kingsley.
Nay: Ashley–did you read the prequel of Faking Ms. Right – Everly Dalton’s Dating Disasters: A Faking Ms. Right Prequel? I loved it! That’s the series I was telling Maryse about last week–The Dirty Martini Running Club. I’m also getting ready to read Faking Ms. Right. But first, I’m reading something more on the dark side.
They were all really good but I LOVED LOVED LOVED One Percent of You and Faking Ms. Right. I cannot recommend those books enough. (And I obviously love The Work Wife as that was a reread.)
AUDIOBOOK L VERS!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal ➔
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Million Dollar Devil by Katy Evans <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK ’cause Ashley loved it!
Ashley: I listened to Million Dollar Devil by Katy Evans yesterday and it’s not a fake marriage book! BUT it is a Cinderella/Pretty Woman/My Fair Lady story.
She needs someone to be the face of her family’s menswear line and no one will agree so she finds this daredevil in a bar who has a YouTube channel where he does things that people dare him to do for money. She cleans him up and molds him to be exactly what she’s looking for.
It was a fun book with a very dirty talking man and a buttoned up heroine!
- Playing for Keeps by Kendall Ryan <— THIS ONE MADE ASHLEY SMILE!
Ashley: I also listened to the new book by Kendall Ryan called Playing for Keeps and I really really liked it! It made me smile a lot and I caught myself laughing a few times! I love Jason Clarke as a narrator…her could read me almost anything and I would love it.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Rated Ex by Ella Fox – May 30th 2019
- Before the Broken Star (The Evermore Chronicles Book 1) by Emily R. King – June 1st 2019
- Well Suited by Staci Hart – June 2nd 2019
- Cinder & the Prince of Midnight (Midnight Tales) by Susan Ee – June 3rd 2019
- Rebel Born (Secondborn Book 3) by Amy Bartol – June 4th 2019
- Barefoot Beach (Harmony Harbor Book 8) by Debbie Mason – June 4th 2019
- The Beyond (A Devil’s Isle Novel Book 4) by Chloe Neill – June 4th 2019
- Darkness Rising (Darkness Series Book 9) by Katie Reus – June 4th 2019
- Shadow Warrior (A Shadow Riders Novel) by Christine Feehan – June 4th 2019
- The Skull Ruler by Penelope Sky – June 4th 2019
- Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity Book 3) by Nalini Singh – June 4th 2019
- A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships Book #1) by Jody Hedlund – June 4th 2019
- The Two Week Arrangement by Kendall Ryan – June 4th 2019
- Frat House Confessions: Ridge by Bethany Lopez – June 24th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).