HAPPY FRIDAY!! OH YES IT IS!!! 😀 Again… this list is a 2-part post ’cause we had Ten Thursday New Release Surprises yesterday (<— with some of my absolute die-hard favorite authors like Jewel E. Ann & Aly Martinez and more – it felt like a mini Tuesday!) that I just couldn’t hold back on, so I put ’em up already. In case you missed them… make sure to check it out too.
Acacia: Ahh so many good books popping up lately! Good thing I’m off for the summer so I can read them all.
Amy: I’m not sure what will be next, there are so many good books that just came out!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
P.S. Lots of these books are in Kindle Unlimited, so if you’re not a member yet and want to test it out, Kindle Unlimited Membership super-bargain deal!!!! <— EXTENDED through the month of June!!!
- Loving the Playboy (Playboy in Paradise Book 3) by S.L. Scott <— LIVE!! S.L. SCOTT ALERT!! SHE THOUGHT SHE HAD FOREVER… “…He pursued me with an unbridled determination and passion that couldn’t be denied, winning me over heart and soul. Our lives are now set . . . or so I thought. Nothing stays perfect forever and happiness comes with a price. I thought we had paid that price, so when we’re thrown into the biggest battle over our love yet, I’ll fight to claim my forever…”
- Redeeming the Playboy (Playboy in Paradise Book 2) by S.L. Scott <— LIVE!! S.L. SCOTT ALERT!!
- Falling for the Playboy (Playboy in Paradise Book 1) <— LIVE!! S.L. SCOTT ALERT!!
- XOXO, Winter by Nikki Bloom <— LIVE!!!
- Love on You (Bliss Brothers Book 5) by Amelia Wilde <— LIVE!!!
- Unforgivable: A Second Chance, Will He Won’t He Romance by Megan Hart <— LIVE!!! MEGAN HART ALERT!! Ooooooh she can get gritty-angsty!!! “…There is nothing crueler than the person who doesn’t want you enough to keep you, but who doesn’t love you enough to let you go. Alice and Mick, hot young lovers with the whole world ahead of them…until it all went catastrophically awry. It takes so little to lose so much…“
- Melting For You: Neighborhood Shindig #1 by A.M. Arthur <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Blurred Line (Crossing Lines Book 2) by A.D. Justice <— LIVE!!!
- Wild, Crazy Hearts (The Bradens & Montgomerys: Pleasant Hill – Oak Falls Book 4) by Melissa Foster
- winter flower by Charles Sheehan-Miles <— RECENT RELEASE & we have feedback! Their family is falling apart because of their missing daughter, and then they get a call…
Amy: I read this one. It’s so good! Definitely not a light read.
- The McCain Saga: The Complete Series by Keary Taylor <— SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN! “…It’s easy to fall in love with a McCain, but it isn’t always easy to keep one. Four books, the whole family in one set!”
- Fix Her Up: A Novel by Tessa Bailey <— RECENT RELEASE & we have feedback! This is one of my favorite authors so I’m excited to read it.
Michele G: I really enjoyed Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey. They have some great steamy chemistry. The cover is not at all indicative of the story.
- Lust (The Elite Seven Book 1) by Ker Dukey <— Robyn LOVED the WHOLE series!!
Robyn: Hi Everyone! I have been binging on The Elite Seven series by various authors. The series is complete and OMG those books are sooooo good. Each author had one sinner to write about and mash it into one cohesive story. They all delivered. I’m still wondering how they can do that.
…And they are all well loved authors. The story gets better with each book too.
- The Restorer (The Graveyard Queen Book 1) by Amanda Stevens <— Nay LOVES this series!
Nay: …have you read the Graveyard Queen series by Amanda Stevens? It’s SO good! I read the first 3 books years ago and I thought the series was over, but then she put out 3 more and I just now got back to them. I’ve been getting the audio books free with the Audible romance package. The h is a cemetery restorer, and the storyline deals with ghosts and spirits in a Southern Gothic setting and also has some romance and angst (enough to keep me happy). I rec’d them to a friend, and she’s zoomed through all 6 in a couple of weeks. There’s a prequel, but I never read it.
- Stiff Suit (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies Book 5) by Tawna Fenske <— LIVE!!! COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!! “…Intimacy’s the last thing either one wants, but it’s tough to dodge when they’re drawn together by the world’s drooliest dog, a TPing escapade gone wrong, and a good old-fashioned desktop hookup. That’s problematic for James, whose ability to hide the family’s riskiest secret is complicated by the secret’s refusal to get the hell out of his guest room…”
- Darker Water by Lauren Stewart <— HUGELY POPULAR back in our early indie days and Nancy found out it’s super-bargain priced right now. 😀
DARKER WATER by Lauren Stewart is a blast from the past for me. It was one of my very favorite books back in 2015. If you have not had the pleasure of reading this one, now on sale…
The best part was, there was a book auction: Named Writers for a Fighter to help raise money for Kandace. I wanted so badly to win this book, but I kept being outbid. Seems my bestest book buddy: Stephanie Moles-Krayeski was the one outbidding me. When it arrived I could not believe I actually won, since Stephanie had actually won it for me!! When Lauren Stewart sent me the book, she even told me what an amazing friend I had named Stephanie.
I have my book on my bookshelf proudly displayed with all the personal notes. It has a different cover now. But if you haven’t read it yet, then get it now. And our Kandace liked it, too!
- Hormotional by K.S. Adkins <— Robyn found us this one!
Robyn: KS Adkins, one of my favorite authors, has a free book out called Hormotional. It’s about a couple that meet later in life during her “hormonal” years. It’s supposed to be funny. I love all her books and free is a plus!
- The Flatshare: A Novel by Beth O’Leary <— Tasha J is enjoying this one!
Tasha J: I’ve started The Flatshare by Beth O Leary. I’m really loving it! I’ve nixed the paranormal for a moment. I always feel like I really need to dedicate myself to those so that i can fully disappear and I can’t do that today. Lol
- Awkward in Print (Awkward Series Book 1) by Rachel Rhodes <— NAY FOUND US THIS ONE (and it’s by one of my favorite authors – just under a different pen name) GASP!!!
Nay: I have an announcement to make! I just had a FB conversation with Melissa Delport (yes, Rainfall M.D.!) about GR things, and I discovered that she has a new series under a pen name, Rachel Rhodes. It’s the Awkward Series and the first two books are out: Awkward in Print and Awkward in Trouble (only these two are on GR and Amazon so far, but there’s a pic of the covers of all of them at the top of Rachel Rhodes’ FB page).
According to her, they’re “very short and sassy, and they actually have a HEA (oh, the agony!!)” And if you’ve read Rainfall or Riven or A Life made of Lava, you know what she means by that. She also asked that I make sure to mention that the writing is different from her usual, hence the other brand. OMG, I’m still fangirling!
Maryse: GASP!!! I LOVE THAT AUTHOR!!! Thank you Nay! I’m gonna look it up right now!
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren <— LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY + RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!! Nay LOVED it!
Nay: Good morning! I finished the Unhoneymooners this weekend and I ended up enjoying it so much! I laughed until I cried several times, and the H was so goshdarn loveable (and sexy)! I highly recommend it if you want a Rom, with just the right amount of Com, that’s done really well.
R: I just finished The Unhoneymooners too and loved it! I don’t think they can write a book I wouldn’t like at this point. I’ve put off Dating You / Hating You because it’s an office romance (and not my fave trope) but I’m wondering if I’m missing out.
Nay: Robin–did you laugh till you cried any like I did? I haven’t laughed that much reading a book in a long time. (Of course, I mostly read dark and angsty, so that’s probably why)
R: I did in places, but I laughed a ton more in Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating! I think because this was more romcom and that’s not usually my thing.
Nay: I still need to read Josh and Hazel.
R: Yes do it!! I know you’ll love it, but now I’m curious if you think it’s more or less funny than this one! I laughed so hard I couldn’t breathe. But I did the same during a certain scene in Roomies and I think I might be the only one.
- Single (Single Dads Book 1) by RJ Scott <—LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE!! Reeling from the painful rejection of a man he thought he loved, Asher is left holding the baby.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Promise Me Nothing (Hermosa Beach Book 1) by Jillian Liota – June 17th 2019
- Satisfaction Guaranteed by Lauren Blakely – June 17th 2019
- 10-Code (Rock Point Book 4) by Freya Barker – June 17th 2019
- Parental Guidance by Avery Flynn – June 17th 2019
- Letters to Molly (Maysen Jar Book 2) by Devney Perry – June 18th 2019
- Broken With You (Stark Security Book 2) by J. Kenner – June 18th 2019
- Violent Ends (White Monarch Book 2) by Jessica Hawkins – June 18th 2019
- A Merciful Promise (Mercy Kilpatrick Book 6) by Kendra Elliott – June 18th 2019
- Nine: The Tale of Kevin Clearwater by T.M. Frazier – June 18th 2019
- Yes, Officers by S.E. Hall – June 20th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).