<— SATURDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! For those who loved Bird Box (like me!!) the sequel (Malorie) is super-bargain priced right now (US). I one-clicked it!! YAY ME!!!!!
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!! I’m so excited it’s the weekend. I think my project this weekend will be to work on my landscaping and buy more plants!! YAY!! That’s my favorite. I’m all out of potting soil too, so I am going to get stocked up and dig my hands into the dirt.
Also… I’ve finally decided to take everyone’s recommendations and read Beautifully Cruel by J.T. Geissinger. And while I’m not a fan of that book cover, I AM a fan of Liam. Smoldering, and bossy, and dangerous… so fun!! This author is right up my romance pining & swooning alley.
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST!
- 2 years ago, we built this much-loved list!! Our Favorite Age Gap Romance Books
- 2 years ago, this book carried me away to another time: Book Review – Carry the World by Susan Fanetti
- 3 years ago, I reviewed these 2 very different books (and enjoyed them both!) Book Review – Mr. Right-Swipe by Ricki Schultz and this psych-thriller that I 4.5 starred —> Book Review – The Thinnest Air by Minka Kent
- 4 years ago, Cristina had a confession: Reader Confession – How Cristina cures her reader’s block…
- 4 years ago, I was HOOKED on this book. 4.5 stars and it’s unforgettable! Book Review – The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
- 6 years ago, I read this age gap rock star book and he had that Kellan feel. 😉 Book Review – Beat by Vi Keeland
- 8 years ago, I 5-starred this incredible ending to a super-dark series! Book Review – Epilogue by CJ Roberts
- 9 years ago, I was still devouring and loving this dark (yet romantically angsty/pining/unrequited love) series: Book Review – On Demon Wings by Karina Halle
- 10 years ago, that time I 5-STAR fell in love with someone almost as hard as Travis (Travis was next): Book Review – Rock Me by Cherrie Lynn
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Henry & Ivy (Next Generation – Fighting) by JB Salsbury <— HER NEIGHBOR IS TICKING HER OFF!! “...I have the neighbor from hell. The shared wall of our duplex holds no secrets to his wild Las Vegas lifestyle. He’s late nights and pizza for breakfast. I’m early mornings and deadlines. I’ve never met him. I’ve never even seen him. But his dog has delivered the ultimate blow, and I’m forced to confront him...”
- Twisted: A College Age Bully Ménage by Jarica James
- Deathless (Heartsblood – A Vampire Romance Series Book 3) by Selina A. Fenech
- Shai: A dark gay romantic suspense novel (Malicious Gods: Egypt) by H.L Nigh
- Hard Limits: Dark WhyChoose Romance (Queen of Hearts Trilogy Book 1) by Suki Williams
- My Enemy Next Door: An Enemies to Lovers Romance by Nicole London and Whitney G. <— SHE’S HIS NEIGHBOR & SHE’S GOT A SECRET! “…Since moving to New York and taking a job at a new firm, I haven’t had a good night’s sleep thanks to my neighbor’s “sexcapades.” What the hell is she doing over there? If that wasn’t bad enough, the woman I’ve always wanted in college also works at this firm, but she makes my days difficult since she still considers me to be an “enemy” and refuses to talk to me. It’s not until I confront my neighbor about her moans that I realize that they’re the same person...”
- Cowboy Up (Sons of Chance Book 5) by Vicki Lewis Thompson
- Darling December by Caroline Lee
- Grapes & Wrath: a forbidden romance (Forbidden Fruit) by Eve Cates <— LIVE!!! FORBIDDEN ROMANCE ‘CAUSE HE’S A PRIEST! “…The moment I saw Emma seated in the pew, her eyes downcast and her hands clasped in silent prayer, I knew I had to have her. At first, I convinced myself that my interest was God sending me to help her escape the monster who resided in her own home. But that was a lie. I wanted her for my own. And I would break every commandment, every vow, and even the law, the make that happen...”
- To Have Mercy by N. Nieto
- Fate: A Second Chance Rockstar Romance (Full Moon Book 2) by Stacy Stone
- Ruthless Surrender: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (The Surrender Series Book 1) by Zoe Blake
- For Lucy by Jewel E. Ann <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE MICHELE G LOVED IT TOO!
Michele G: Hey Maryse! I’m reporting in from a busy week of reading.
…I did tuck in and read Jewel E. Ann’s For Lucy… It was such a poignant storyline. A complete love story! It was both heartbreaking and hopeful. I highly recommend it. I basically read it in under 8 hours. I may have been a little bit obsessed 🙂
FYI – There are some potential triggers…one that’s a biggie…so just be aware if you’re a person that could be affected by this.
- My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing <— OOOOH SQUEEEE!!! I’ve been eyeing this psych-thriller (was the answer to a reader question) and it’s SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED RIGHT NOW (US)! OH YES I one-clicked!! “…Our love story is simple. I met a gorgeous woman. We fell in love. We had kids. We moved to the suburbs. We told each other our biggest dreams, and our darkest secrets. And then we got bored. We look like a normal couple. We’re your neighbors, the parents of your kid’s friend, the acquaintances you keep meaning to get dinner with. We all have our secrets to keeping a marriage alive. Ours just happens to be getting away with murder...”
Cheryl: My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing – I really enjoyed it!
Vicki: Really good book!
- First and Tension (Summersweet Island Book 4) by Tara Sivec <— LIVE!!! TARA SIVEC’S LATEST!! PRO FOOTBALL PLAYER & EX-PRO CHEERLEADER THAT JUST QUIT! AND THEN THIS HAPPENS: “Secret love affair for the new quarterback of the Virginia Beach Sharks, or a shocking tale of infidelity, leading all the way back to a birthday party Quinn Bagley threw at his previous home in Calabasas five months ago? New photos of the mystery redhead from the party surface, leaving fans to speculate all over social media, “Who is this woman who convinced Quinn Bagley to quit the Vipers and go to one of the worst teams in the league?”
- Night Moves: (Night Hawk Security Book 4) (Nighthawk Security) by Susan Sleeman
- Unspoken: A Billionaire Romance by Sandi Lynn <— LIVE!!! SHE’S DEAF & THEY ARE FROM DIFFERENT WORLDS… “…Her name was Ellie Scott, and she was the most beautiful woman I’d ever seen.Our worlds collided one day in the produce section of the grocery store when I accidentally hit the corner of the display of apples, and they started fall. I was speechless the moment she looked at me and her beautiful emerald eyes met mine. It felt like time had stopped and suddenly all was right in my disheveled life. We lived in different worlds. Mine was a world of hearing, and hers was a world of silence. Despite her being deaf, the chemistry between us was undeniable. But I faced two problems: the secret I held and my family...”
- Mindf*ck by S. T. Abby <— HARPER LOVED THIS!!
Harper: I have read a very good one by S. T. Abby. It’s five novellas that add up to be one novel. It’s called Mindf*ck. The h is a revenge killer that has a relationship with an FBI agent.
Totally worth it staying up all night reading them.
- What Yet May Come: A friends to lovers mature romance by Romilly King
- Skull: MC Romance (Wicked Kings MC Atlantic City Book 5) by Autumn Summers
- Heart of the Matter by Emily Griffin <— SUPER-SALE MARITAL STRIFE BOOK —> THAT I ONE CLICKED & CAROL LOVED IT!
Carol: I really like books about marriage struggles that are portrayed realistically. Have you read Heart of the Matter by Emily Griffin? I read that one a couple years ago and I still get a lump in my throat thinking about it.
…by far my favorite “cheating” book.
- Run Riot: A Paranormal Reverse Harem Romance (State of Grace Book 1) by Colette Rhodes <— RECENT RELEASE REVERSE HAREM!! “By the time an agathos woman reaches 25, she’s supposed to be one thing, and one thing only: Bonded. I’m zero for four soul bonds, a disgrace to my family, and the black sheep of my community. It had me feeling reckless. Impulsive. Daring.In a moment of weakness, I let the darkness lurking inside of me rule, and it changed everything. I was supposed to embrace the light, but how could I fear the dark, when it brought me Riot?”
- Sinister Engagement: An Arranged Marriage Romance (Criminal Underground Book 3) by Lucy Smoke and A.J. Macey
- Ames (Eye Candy Ink: Second Generation Book 1) by Shaw Hart
- Broken Like Me by Kaitie Howie <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK FROM ONE IN OUR CREW!
Mona: I just finished Broken Like Me and loved it! I didn’t want to put it down. It has all the feels!
- Seaside Off Limits: A Brother’s Best Friend Romance (Dixie Point Book 4) by AJ Alexander
- Broken: Enemies to Lovers Romance (City Slickers Book 1) by P Mulholland
- A Love Unexpected : a sweet, closed-door romance and can be read as a stand-alone. (Under Kansas Skies Book 1) by Leah Brunner
- The Grumpy Virgin Intern by Lya Harper <— HIS NEW INTERN! “…Ben Haas enjoys Mondays. Threatening his employee’s livelihood is his favorite pastime. He’s a grumpy bachelor forced to marry the ex-fling he accidentally impregnated. When Alyson McAllister steps into his office, she’s a breath of fresh air. In Ben’s eyes, she’s a plant-loving lunatic. She becomes his intern, testing the naughty FunTime products of Ben’s company. A misunderstanding lands both of them in hot water. A betrayal rearranges Ben’s life...”
- Company Ink (Ink Series Book 1) by E. L. Lewis
- Ink Magic: A Paranormal Fantasy (The Pen & Sword Series Book 1) by Simone Leigh Martin
- The Marriage by K.L. Slater <— LINDA LOVED IT!
Linda: Just read The Marriage by K.L. Slater!! Couldn’t put it down!! Can’t remember where I got the recommendation but thank you!! Definitely kept me guessing to the very end!!
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Fingersmiths By Sarah Waters <— ROCHELLE IS LOVING THIS ONE!
Rochelle: Good morning from Oregon.
Has anyone read Fingersmiths By Sarah Waters? I am so into this book I’m listening to it and the accents are incredible. I’m halfway through and it is a 11 hour listen. Which I love that the author didn’t have to make this into two or three books.
I am captivated with unbelievable twist after twist. Not sure if I will be able to do my 10 favorites at the end of the year and btw that’s my favorite part of this blog as it seems like I can’t seem to get my act together but this will definitely be one of my top five star listens Even though I’m halfway through it.
Put this on your summer read FingerSmith’s by Sarah Waters.
- Shipped by Angie Hockman <— MICHELE G IS ENJOYING THIS ONE!
Michele G: I’m reading & listening to Shipped by Angie Hockman. It’s an enemies to lovers that crosses over into the workplace. It’s quite good!! Apparently, it’s a debut…and a darn good one from what I can tell so far.
Maryse: I love enemies-to-lovers and office romance!!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Witness for the Dead by Katherine Addison – June 22nd 2021
- Dream Girl by Laura Lippman – June 22nd 2021
- Garkain: Book One of The Uluru Legacy Series by Anna J Walner – June 25th 2021
- Claimed (Lair of the Wolven, The Book 1) by J.R. Ward – June 29th 2021
- Murder at Sunrise Lake by Christine Feehan – June 29th 2021
- The Last Graduate: A Novel (The Scholomance Book 2) by Naomi Novik – June 29th 2021
- Survive the Night: A Novel by Riley Sager – June 29th 2021
- Ruin (Hawks MC (next generation) Book 2) by Lila Rose – June 29th 2021
- A Lot Like Love (Blue Moon Bay Book 1) by Jennifer Snow – June 29th 2021
- Kitty Kitty (Souls Chapel Revenants MC Book 5) by Lani Lynn Vale – June 29th 2021
- To Sir, with Love by Lauren Layne – June 29th 2021
- Carnal Urges (Queens & Monsters Book 2) by J.T. Geissinger – June 30th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!