HAPPY FRIDAY!!! 🙂 And happy weekend. I’ve already got an amazing line up for today’s list (amazing recent releases that I missed – that weren’t on our usual release days) PLUS I received a slew of reader recommendations. So as usual, make sure to keep checking over the next few hours ’cause this list is going to be awesome!! 😀
P.S. Prime Day is next week (2 days) and since I’ve moved I need some serious upgrades to the goodies I purchased years ago, so when I find the good stuff, I’ll let you know. And if you find some good stuff, let me know too, and I’ll add it to that day’s posts.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Aria (Duet Series Book 1) AND Coda (Duet Series Book 2) by Jennifer Hartmann <— JENNIFER HARTMANN’S LATEST ROCK STAR ROMANCE!!! (ENTIRE DUET IS LIVE!!) SHE’S HIS FRONTMAN’S GIRL!! “…When the lead singer of my rock band sets his sights on a pretty waitress, I’ll do whatever it takes to make sure she doesn’t get in the way of our dreams. Only, my plan unravels when she accidentally spills her darkest secrets to me one night, triggering a profound connection neither of us saw coming. And when those dark secrets come back to haunt her, threatening more than just the new life she’s built for herself, I’m the one she runs to…”
- Crow’s Scorn: Diamond Kings MC by Misty Walker <— LIVE!!
- The Warmth of Our Closest Star (Enzo and Peter Book 2) by Chase Connor <—LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- My Biggest Mistake by Leddy Harper <— NANCY WAS DEVASTATED BY THIS ONE! LOVE TRIANGLE??
Nancy: …the most emotion & angst filled book that I have ever read. I don’t see how she could write all that hurt & pain and not herself sob and come undone.
I had to stop at parts while reading, just to take a break from all the turmoil I was feeling…
- Thieves 2 Lovers by J.D. Hollyfield and K Webster <— AIMEE ENJOYED THIS ONE!! “...He’s the bad boy reject. She’s the girl next door. When opposites attract, they collide and create an explosion that can’t be ignored. Is it possible to be madly in love with your best friend?...”
Aimee: just finished a romantic comedy by k Webster, J D Hollyfield called Thieves 2 Lovers that was really good and funny! Friends to lovers trope similar to some I’ve heard but it had me lol’ing a bit!!
- Sunday, Sweet Vengeance (Iron Ladies Book 2) by Danielle Norman <— LIVE!!
- Mayfield: Save Us by Taylor K Scott <— LIVE!!
- Checking Boxes by Magdoline Ward <— JESSICA LOVED THIS ONE!!
Jessica: okay you asked Maryse…prepare yourself for my angsty recommendation so if you’re familiar with “Oh, god, Rachel.”
I found this book on tiktok that is advertised based on a scene you know similar to this one.
it’s Checking boxes by magdoline ward and oh boy…this book is amaaaaaazing. i thought it’d be similar to ugly love but no, this book blew my mind in a good way and wait till the end you’d be rewarded for all the angst
- Wrapped In Silk: A reverse age gap rock star romance (The Brody Hines series Book 1) by MJ Fields <— LIVE!!! ROCK STAR AGE GAP!! OLDER WOMAN/YOUNGER MAN ALERT! “…Emma, mother to seven-year-old London, finds herself separated and on the verge of divorce. She is not looking for love, just a happy life and the ability to take care of her daughter. Brody is one of the most popular rock stars in the world, who is also going through a divorce…”
- Star-crossed Witch (Miss Matched Midlife Dating Agency Book 1) by Deanna Chase <— LIVE!!!
- The Captain’s Little Girl (Soldier Daddies) by Pepper North <— LIVE!!! AGE GAP!
- The Trouble With Trying to Save an Assassin (Murder Sprees and Mute Decrees Book 2) by Jennifer Cody
- Book Lovers by Emily Henry <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE TASHA J LOVED THIS ONE TOO!
Tasha J: I’m reading Book Lovers and am about halfway through. Smiling and laughing my way through. 🙂
Mony: Great to get your news Tasha! I loved Book Lovers as well.
Harper: I loved Book Lovers too!!! I gave it 5 stars and it’s on my Best of 2022 list.
- Bittersweet Memories (Off-Limits) by Catharina Maura <— LIVE!!! HER BOYFRIEND DUMPS HER SO SHE GOES FOR HIS BROTHER… “…When her boyfriend breaks her heart, Alanna goes after his older brother in a quest for revenge. It would have been simple — if he wasn’t also her new boss. As they work together it soon becomes clear Silas knows more about her than he should...”
- Oath of Possession: A Dark Mafia Romance (Deviant Doms) by Jane Henry
- The Baby Contract: A Best Friend’s Brother, Surrogate Pregnancy Romance (Billionaire Secrets Book 4) by Ajme Williams <— LIVE!!
- The Wild Side: A Small Town Friends-To-Lovers Romance (The Wild Westbrooks Series) by Cassie-Ann L. Miller <— NANCY 5-STAR LOVED THIS RECENT RELEASE!! P.S. It hit the TOP 15 on Amazon when it released!!
Nancy: This is the first book I have read by Cassie-Ann L. Miller. But I now will being looking forward to reading more books written by her. I’m a cat lover and enjoyed reading about the foster cat’s shenanigans, too.
- Beautiful Seduction: A Dark Mafia Romance (Sinners and Saints Book 3) by Piper Stone <— LIVE!!!
- Binding 13: Boys of Tommen #1 AND Keeping 13: Boys of Tommen #2 <— OLDIE BUT GOODIE & ALINE JUST DISCOVERED IT AND LOVED IT!
Aline: I know i’m a litte late but i’ve just finished reading the first two books and i’m so hooked. WOWOWOW such a heartbreakingly beautiful story I’m speechless…
Marion: I can’t recommend this series enough, you will laugh, you will cry and you will feel young love at its purest. Brilliant writing by the author. I can’t wait for the rest of the series
- Loner: A frenemies-to-lovers boarding school romance (The Boys of Welles Book 1) by Ginger Scott <— LIVE!!! GINGER SCOTT’S LATEST!! SHE CRUSHED ON HIM FROM A FAR… “…Theo’s sister, decided two lonely souls should be together. And maybe she was right. Theo and Lily felt something that night they sat awake and talked for hours under the cover of the woods and a blanket of stars. But when tragedy struck their small, elite East Coast boarding school, robbing them of friendships and any hope of a normal life, being alone became the only thing that made sense…”
- Dirty Talker (Filthy Dirty Summer) by Hope Ford <— LIVE!!
- Committed (Atlanta’s Finest Series Book 8) by Sharon C Cooper <— LIVE!!
- A Good Lie: A Novel by Roberta Temes <— MARITAL STRIFE ALERT!! SUSAN RECOMMENDS THIS ONE!! “…A bride withholds a shocking secret from her new husband. Could you keep a secret from your daughter forever? Louie plans to. Is love enough to keep the marriage together?…”
Susan: I am just recommending this book I just read. Captivating. Can I suggest you read it?
- Stolen By A Sinner by Michelle Heard <— RECENT RELEASE & NANCY 5-STARRED IT!
Nancy: This is the unlikely romance between Gabriel Demir, head of the Turkish Mafia and the enslaved maid Lara. This poor girl, who has been badly abused all her life, and now gets in the way of a gun fight, when Gabriel & his men attack the mansion of her cruel owner Tymon Mazur…
- Hey, Mister Marshall (St. Mary’s Rebels Book 4) by Saffron A. Kent <— RECENT RELEASE AND NANCY 5-STARRED IT, TOO!!
Nancy: I have read them all, but they could be read as standalone. This is a long book, but I had a hard time putting it down. It is my favorite in the St. Mary’s Series.
…a long painful slow-burn all the way from adversaries to soulmates. It is going on my list of Favorite Books of 2022!
- Ruins of Temptation : A Dark Enemies to Lovers Romance (Corium University Book 4) by C. Hallman and J.L. Beck <— LIVE!! HE NEEDS TO KEEP THE DRAKNESS INSIDE HIM IN CHECK! “…As the headmaster at Corium University, I must maintain professionalism and keep myself in check. I manage to do that until the day I discover I have a daughter and all the carefully constructed walls I’ve built around myself start to crumble. I know I need an outlet, a way to shut it off, and then she lands in my lap. Delilah. I want to punish her, humiliate her, and hurt her in the best ways. It’s nothing but a cat and mouse game till I discover the secrets she’s hiding…”
- Cold: An MM Mafia Romance (Ruthless Daddies) by Skyler Snow <— LIVE!!
- The Overshare (The Wrong Side of the Tracks Book 2) by Lexy Timms <— LIVE!!
- The Little Black Dress: An Enemies-to-Lovers, Grumpy Boss RomCom (Love in Las Vegas Book 1) by Piper James <— LIVE!! HE GOT HER FIRED!! “...It’s my lucky dress, and in it, I can’t lose. Until I did. Thanks to an enthusiastic bidder at an art auction, the dress failed me when I needed it most. I disappointed my boss and got fired, even though it wasn’t my fault. It was his. The man who writes thirty-five million dollar checks for ugly, ridiculous paintings. Now, I’m unemployed, broke, and incredibly close to losing the life I’ve built for myself. When I score a job as an assistant to a billionaire casino owner, I’m over-the-moon happy. Hoping there’s still some luck left in my little black dress, I wear it on my first day to meet my new boss… Jared Hart. Owner and operator of The Black Hart Casino. And the insufferable, grumpy, gorgeous jerk who got me fired in the first place…”
- Harem: A Standalone Dark Alien Romance by Loki Renard <— LIVE!!
- Caroline the Cruel: A Joined Kingdoms Novel by Jennifer M. Waldrop <— LIVE!! BASTARD PRINCESS TURNED QUEEN! “…At fourteen she was left for dead. At fifteen she raised an army. At sixteen she took back her kingdom. Ten years after surviving a coup that took out her entire family, Caroline the Cruel rules her kingdom without mercy. Caroline, the bastard princess turned queen, will do whatever it takes to keep Everstal from teetering into chaos. Even as the obscenely gorgeous Johnneth Althorpe is selected as her personal guard and makes her question everything…”
- Brainwashed (Alabaster Penitentiary Book 3) by Nyla K <— LIVE!!
- Giovanni DeLuca by Kasey Martin <— LIVE!!
- Blood & Vows: A Dark Paranormal Romance (Twisted Legends Collection Book 1) by K. Easton and Amanda Richardson <— LIVE!! SHE WAS WARNED AWAY FROM THAT SIDE OF TOWN & NOW A PRINCE FROM HELL WANTS TO MARRY HER!! “…There’s only one rule my mother passed down to me before she died: Never venture into the east side of Edinburgh. I never questioned it. There are creatures in this world that could hurt us, she’d said. So, I stay away—until my life hits rock bottom, and I find myself curious about the forbidden side of the ancient city. It doesn’t seem all that different here–bars, clubs, restaurants. Just like the human side. One too many drinks later, he finds me…”
- Between Hello and Goodbye by Emma Scott <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE R. RENEE LOVED IT TOO!
Michele G: The new Emma Scott book Between Hello & Goodbye is flat out AMAZING!!! It’s probably my favorite by her in a while and I truly enjoy everything she writes. For me this one really struck a chord. I highly recommend it.
R. Renee: I agree with Michele. I love everything Emma writes but this one is something special. As her alpha reader, I usually know the plot ahead of time, but this time I went in blind. Let’s just say when I got to a certain point, I sent her a few choice words and took the rest of the night off to cry it out.
- Problem Child (A Jane Doe Thriller) by Victoria Helen Stone <— I JUST ONE-CLICKED THIS SUPER-BARGAIN!! I LOVED BOOK #1 SO HARD (she’s a sociopathic clever villain/possible vigilante – guess it depends 😉 and I LOVE HER). P.S. Here’s my 4.5 Book Review – Jane Doe (book #1 <— it’s a must read)
- A Forbidden Love: BWAM, Forbidden Prince, Royal, BBW, Plus Size, Billionaire Romance (Asian Billionaires Book 7) by Cadence Williams <— LIVE!!
- Getting Real by Emma Chase <— SUPER-BARGAIN TODAY & LISA M LOVED THIS ONE!
Lisa M: Getting Real so good!!! Highly recommend all these books. I will have to check out her other books.
- Girl A: A Novel by Abigail Dean <— I ALSO ONE-CLICKED THIS ONE!! SHE ESCAPED HER PARENT’S HOUSE OF HORRORS!! “…It’s been easy enough to avoid her parents–her father never made it out of the House of Horrors he created, and her mother spent the rest of her life behind bars. But when her mother dies in prison and leaves Lex and her siblings the family home, she can’t run from her past any longer...”
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Bad for You by Charity Ferrell <— LIVE!!! TOWN PLAYBOY! “…Our hometown’s playboy. My brother’s best friend. The man I love. He doesn’t do girlfriends. He doesn’t do commitments. And he doesn’t see me as anything more than his best friend’s little sister. Until one night changes everything...”
- Sunday, Sweet Vengeance (Iron Ladies Book 2) by Danielle Norman <— LIVE!!
- Good Girls Never Rise: A Dark Boarding School Romance (St. Mary’s Book 1) | by S.J. Sylvis <— LIVE!!
- Wife Number Seven: The Compound Series, Book 1 AND Mother Before Wife: The Compound Series, Book 2 by Melissa Brown <— AIMEE ENJOYED THESE TWO!!
Aimee: This one was really good!!! I listened to it and and there is a second book and can’t wait to listen to it!!! It was not a clean romance. 😉 I always find these type interesting.
Aimee: So I listened to the second book by Melissa brown. It’s called The Compound Series It is really good!!! It has just the right amount of suspense! It keeps you on your toes! The second book was a cliffhanger…. And I had to find it on kindle!
There are 4 books! I meant to say that I found the 3rd and 4th book on kindle. Not realizing that this was a 4 book series and it’s free!!!
- The Hotter You Burn by Gena Showalter <— AIMEE 5-STAR LOVED THIS ONE!!
Aimee: I just listened to this one and really enjoyed it! It was a different take on bullies! This time it was a female bully trying to make up for her past and Falling for a playboy! It had all the feels! 5* for me!! I’m now interested in another in the series and can’t wait to listen to see what happens!
Aimee: This was the second one that I listened to in this series. Not necessarily in order. This was good but not as good as the one I just sent but it was still a 4* not as much drama as I like.
- Blindsided by Amy Daws <— AIMEE 5-STAR LOVED THIS ONE, TOO!
Aimee: I got to listen to an Amy Daws book! Blindsided. The narrators made it a 5*for me!!! The storyline was similar to some other books I’ve read but with the narrators accents it was awesome!!! It had me laughing and some point tears overall loved it!!!
Aimee: I’m on an Amy Daws kick right now!!! Just finished Replay and loved it!!! Was just as good as Blindsided!!!
- Gravity: Wilde Boys, Book 1 by Sara Cate <—- AIMEE 5 STAR LOVED THIS ONE TOO! SHE’S ON AN AUDIOBOOK ROLL!
Aimee: I have been on a roll with audibles!!! What a ride!!!
I loved how this book came together and had you guessing! I figured how it would end but it was still subtle in letting you know how the HEA happens!!!
- After We Fall by Melanie Harlow <— AIMEE 4-STARRED THIS ONE!
Aimee: Just finished this one! Hero is ex military and his wife passed away so it’s an unrequited love! Heroine is from money….I listened and it was a 4* with the narrators being ok. Worth a credit though!!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Stepping Stone (Invested in You Book 2) by Liv Arnold | Jul 11, 2022
- Tease by Melanie Harlow | Jul 11, 2022
- The Extractionist by Kimberly Unger – July 12th 2022
- Sister Mother Warrior: A Novel by Vanessa Riley – July 12th 2022
- The Lightning Field (Angel Interceptors (Rocker Romance) Book 3) by Elizabeth Corva – July 14th 2022
- Anastasia by Sophie Lark – July 17th 2022
- A Vampire’s Kiss: A Dark Protectors/Rebels Novella by Rebecca Zanetti – July 19th 2022
- The Big Dark Sky by Dean Koontz | Jul 19, 2022
- This Place of Wonder: A Novel by Barbara O’Neal | Jul 19, 2022
- Finding Grace: A Novel by Maren Cooper | Jul 19, 2022
- The Lost Elemental: A Paranormal Reverse Harem Romance (Royals of Kingwood Academy Book 1) by Tessa Hale | Jul 20, 2022
- Heartbreak for Two by C.W. Farnsworth | Jul 21, 2022
- Imperfect Angel by Christi Barth – July 26, 2022
- For Butter or Worse: A Novel by Erin La Rosa | Jul 26, 2022
- The Lost and Found Girl: A Novel by Maisey Yates | Jul 26, 2022
- Campus Legend (The Campus Series Book 5) by Jennifer Sucevic | Jul 26, 2022
- Mafia Bride: Dark Mafia Romance Standalone by L. Steele | Jul 26, 2022
- The Refiner by Kristy Marie | Jul 27, 2022
- Deadly Affair (Deadly Love Book 1) by K.A Knight, Ivy Fox | Jul 29, 2022
- Unfinished Ex: A Second Chance Surprise Pregnancy Romance by Samantha Christy | Jul 30, 2022
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!