TGIF!!!! 😀 !!! Holy moly do I need a weekend right now (and am so thankful it’s finally here). I just need to decompress, and start a new book (and hope I get sucked in BIG time).
But the book I’m reading next… I have no doubt since it’s by one of my favorite authors. OR… maybe I’ll go super-angsty romance and read the Wildflower Series (down there) since I one-clicked it and everyone is going crazy for it. 😉
OMG AND… THIS BOOK NEWS!!!
1.) Book Bonanza (the author signing started by Colleen Hoover) is having a HUGE raffle. HOW FUN!! The prizes they are raffling are INCREDIBLE. AND proceeds from this raffle will be donated to Food Banks in the US to help those affected by Covid-19.
2.) Guess what *might* happen to one of my most favorite angsty romance/love triangle/unrequited love/SCARY series (Experiment in Terror) in the world?? It might be turned into a show/tv series (I hope Netflix)!! She tweeted:
I wrote this in 2009 with the dreams that I’d go back to screenwriting and write a pilot based on it. Took over ten years but it happened.
So yeah…that thing you want to do? Keep at it.
and she tweeted:
Just had meeting with the producers, learned that I’ll be the one pitching my script to networks. Soon.
Me. Who may be good at writing but lacks at speaking. Won’t let nerves get the best of me, tho. I’ve got this!
PS I am beyond excited. I’m all over the place.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- EXTENDED THROUGH AUGUST!!! ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. 😲👏👏👏 WE ARE LOVING IT!
- The What If Guy by Lauren Blakely <— LIVE!! LAUREN BLAKELY’S LATEST SINGLE FATHER WHO’S NOW HER BOSS ALERT!! “...It should be an easy rule to follow – don’t bang your boss… But I didn’t know who he was when I met him. And the first time I saw him, our connection sounded like the stuff of romantic legends — that whole “their eyes locked across a crowded room” moment that turned into more.I didn’t believe it. . . . until it happened to me...”
- Luna Darkness: Book 4 of the Luna Rising Series (A Paranormal Shifter Romance Series) Sara Snow <— LIVE!!
- Playing To Win: An Elite Athlete Sport Romance Anthology <— LIVE!! “The Summer Games may be postponed, but finding love is not…”
- Ivy Cross and the Monarch of Darkness (Dark Inquisitor Series Book 1) by A.D. Winter <— LIVE!!
- Nightfall (Devil’s Night #4) by Penelope Douglas <— LIVE!!! THE SERIES CONCLUSION IN PENELOPE DOUGLAS’ BULLY SERIES ALERT!!!
Marina: I’m always sort of lost and bumbling around after I finish a book in this series, not knowing what to read or how to get into something after it. Cannot wait for Nightfall!!
- Pieces of Us (Missing Pieces Book 3) by N.R. Walker <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- A Family for His Daddy (Collared by Love Book 3) by Love by Della Cain <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- The Midnight Gardener: A YA Urban Fantasy Gay Romance (The Town of Superstition Book 1) by R. G. Thomas
- Captive by R.J. Lewis <— THE BOMB!! Kelly has some recommendations for us and she starts us off with this one!
Kelly: Have been reading up a storm lately. Have some MAJOR book recs and have found a two new book boyfriends:
Captive by R.J. Lewis is absolutely amazing. Nixon is the bomb!
- Binding/Keeping 13 by Chloe Walsh <— BOOK BOYFRIEND ALERT!! Kelly’s second recommendation:
Kelly: Binding/Keeping 13 by Chloe Walsh. OMG Johnny is everything!!! I want to find him and keep him forever. He is everything a book boyfriend should be. “Shannon like the river”
- Like Us series by Krista and Becca Ritchie <— RE-READ GOOD!!! Kelly’s third recommendation!
Am obsessed with the Like Us series by Krista and Becca Ritchie. Maximoff and Farrow OMG! Jane and Thatcher!!! I literally feel like I know these characters personally and at any moment I will see them on tv. Have been rereading them and listening to the audio. Narrators Alexander Cendese, J.F. Harding and Stephen Dexter nail their characters.
- Complete Me: Reid & Sienna #2 (Hawthorn Hills Duet Series) by Claire Raye <— LIVE!!
- Endless Summer – A Summer Romance Anthology <— LIVE!!
- Making Whoopie (Hot Cakes Book 3) by Erin Nicholas <— LINDA RECOMMENDS IT!
Linda: Read Making Whoopie yesterday and highly recommend that one too for a lighter read. I’ve become a snob searching out 5* reviews only lately!!
- Surprisingly Matched: A clean small town romance (An Alaska Matchmakers Romance Book 4) by Cathryn Brown <— LIVE!!
- Born to be Witchy (Not Your Basic Witch Book 4) by A.J. Macey and Jarica James <— LIVE!!
- The Single Dad and the Country Girl (That Girl and the Single Dad Book 1) by EmKay Connor <— LIVE!!
- Benson Siblings Series: A Dark Romance Boxset by Sarah Bailey <— LIVE!!
- Varsity Tiebreaker by Ginger Scott <— LIVE!! GINGER SCOTT’S OLDER YA SPORTS ROMANCE ALERT!! Her boyfriend is his twin!! “…Abby’s jaded heart gets all tangled up with Tory’s hopeless one. A friendly rivalry grows into friendship, and long talks start to blur the lines. Just one problem—Abby’s current boyfriend is Tory’s twin brother, Hayden…” These CAN be read as standalones.
- Precious Gems: A Blake Brothers Novel (The Blake Brothers Book 1) by Sierra Hill <— LIVE!!
- Taken for His Own: An Arranged Marriage Dark Mafia Romance (The Torenti Family Book 3) by Mae Doyle <— LIVE!!
- Night Scourge: A gothic urban fantasy (Daybreaker Book 2) by Pippa DaCosta <— LIVE!!
- Gabriel’s Scroll: A Paranormal Academy Romance (Celestial Academy Book 2) by Sarah Biglow and Molly Zenk <— LIVE!!
- Two Alone by Sandra Brown <— SANDRA BROWN ALERT!! THEY’RE THE ONLY TWO THAT SURVIVE A PLANE CRASH... and it’s a pretty great price!!! “…Rusty wouldn’t have believed herself capable of dragging her unconscious fellow passenger from the wreckage, but that was only the first challenge confronting her. The man himself is as hostile and unforgiving as the mountainous terrain in which they’re stranded. If they had a choice, they would go their separate ways. But they don’t. If they want to live, they must stay together. Teamed against the harsh elements, injury, and a pair of conniving cutthroats, Rusty and Cooper must rely on each other in order to survive. In a one room cabin they find shelter...”
- Dirty Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago Book 6) by Alex Wolf and Sloane Howell <— LIVE!!!
- Chasing Her: A Stalker Romance (Dark Love Series Book 3) by Kat T.Masen <— LIVE!!!
- The Wildflower Series by Rachelle Mills <— BACK ON THE LIST YET AGAIN because people are still devouring and loving this series and Jackie’s comment just flipped me out!!! 😀 Her mate REJECTS her!!!
Jackie: Just finished The Wildflower Series! Loved it! Gave me “Twilight” feels!!!
Maryse: OMG that comment HAS ME!!!!!!
Rae: These stories will certainly pull your heartstrings.
Cody: I just read these too, because of the previous post and there were times where I was GUTTED!!!!! Whew, what a ride! Loved the first two, wondering if the 3rd is just as good. 😍
- After I Do: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid <— HOLY MOLY ONE OF MY 5-STAR FAVORITES IS ON SALE RIGHT NOW (US & Canada)!!! This is a must read!!
Isadora: I just finished this book!!!! I LOVED it!!! This author’s writing style is just amazing. Everything felt real. Thanks for another recommendation Maryse!
Sara: Holy crap. Wow. That last quote you gave just made my eyes pop out.
Maryse: I know, right?! The WHOLE book is like that. Ahhhhhhh I just… can’t get over this one. Screaming it from the rooftops!!!
- Stay Down by K.C. Mills <— LIVE!!! SHE’S NEWLY SINGLE & HE HAS TO TAKE CARE OF HIS SISTER… “…Going with the flow and refusing to settle she also decides that her approach to love has to change. An instant attraction is formed between Noa and Wise that neither of them is ready to admit. Past feelings are still fresh for all involved making it hard for these two to navigate a new connection. Noa is bound and determined not to fall for a certain type, while Wise still must consider his number one priority, Ciara...”
- Beat of My Heart: Whiskey Bend Series Book Two by Samantha Conley <— LIVE!!!
- Chosen Shadow (Demon Bayou Series Book 4) by S. Lawrence <— LIVE!!!
- The Rules (Summer Nights Series Book 2) by Lauren H. Mae <— LIVE!!!
- Crash Into Me by L.A. Fiore <— LIVE!! BILLIONAIRE ROMANCE & MURDERS ALERT!! “…When a stabbing death calls homicide detective Molly Donahue and her partner to Central Park, it’s just the beginning of a string of murders in an investigation that leads them to Los Angeles, and the death of a Hollywood starlet three decades earlier. During the course of their investigating, they interview billionaire Kade Wakefield. Molly isn’t prepared for her reaction to him...”
- In The Zone by Kate Willoughby <— NHL HOCKEY STARS ALERT!! JAN IS RE-READING THESE!
Jan: For some random reason this week I started rereading Kate Willoughby’s In The Zone series. I read them a few years ago and suddenly got a craving for some hot hockey lovin’ so decided to reread.
They are a little predictable, but I like the characters and I also like that they have actual hockey in them. Sports romances can be annoying if you don’t feel as if the characters actually play their sport. In these books, they do.
- Irresistible: A Small Town Single Dad Romance (Cloverleigh Farms Book 1) by Melanie Harlow <— MELANIE HARLOW SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! The Marine & the Nanny… “…Sure, Frannie Sawyer is beautiful and sweet, but she’s twenty-seven, the boss’s daughter, and my new part-time nanny—which means she’s completely off-limits. It’s bad enough I can’t stop fantasizing about her..”
Linda: Loved Irresistible by Melanie Harlow!! Love her writing.
JR: Love Melanie Harlow.
- Claiming the Wardens: A Paranormal Prison Romance by Dia Cole <— LIVE!!! “...I don’t know what strange compulsion made me stalk the halls of the Elemental Academy until I found my handsome professor. All I knew is I’d die if I didn’t taste him. I never meant to steal his power. I never meant to nearly kill him. For my crime, I’m sentenced to eternal life in the darkest pit of the Lost Soul’s Penitentiary. Or at least I was until my professor interrupts my stasis. He’s a warden now and he wants me to pay for destroying his life…”
- Love Unexpected (The Unexpected Series Book 2) by J.S. Baker <— LIVE!!
- Passion Awakened: A Vampire Romance (The Hush Book 1) by Katherine Diane <— LIVE!!
- Knock Out (Heavy Hitters Series Book 1) by M. A. Lee <— MMA FIGHTER ALERT!! “…on her own and working in the world of sports medicine, she jumped at the chance of having her first ‘real’ job. However, Lexi didn’t realize that job would consist of being on a team with Mad Max. Hired to keep Max’s body healthy and working like a well-oiled machine, Lexi quickly discovers that working for Max has awakened a primal desire for a man she once couldn’t stand. What began as a tumultuous friendship, now has turned into a fiery obsession…”
- ➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- ➔➔ And… if you’re not an audible member yet, you can get the first 4 months for 46% off this summer!!!
- Malorie by Josh Malorman <— RECENT RELEASE & R LOVES the narrator!!
R. Renee: Woop! I preordered the audio for Malorie and I can’t wait!
The audio for Bird Box was one of the best I’ve ever listened to and thankfully it’s the same narrator. My GR feed gave it a consistent 4 stars across the board, but listening to it scared the crap out of me! Five stars hands down! I had to sleep with the lights on! And just so there’s no confusion, I’m talking about Bird Box, not Malorie. 😂
Michele G: I’ve read Bird Box…but I might want to listen to Malorie if you like the narrator!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Doc T (Macha MC Book 1) by Skye McNeil – July 25th 2020
- Breaking News (Prime Time Series Book 2) by Ella Frank – July 27th 2020
- Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover – July 28th 2020
- The Rising by Kristen Ashley – July 28th 2020
- Begin Again: A Stay Novella by Jennifer Probst – July 28th 2020
- The Bad Sister (Family Secrets) by Kevin O’Brien – July 28th 2020
- The Wife Who Knew Too Much by Michele Campbell – July 28th 2020
- Man Down (A Rookie Rebels Novel) by Kate Meader – July 28th 2020
- The Lions of Fifth Avenue: A Novel by Fiona Davis – July 28th 2020
- Hasty (Do-Over Book 4) by Julia Kent – July 28th 2020
- Then There Was You: An Opposites Attract Small Town Romance (Haven Bay Book 1) by Alexa Rivers – July 29th 2020
- When the Time Is Right: A Standalone Brother’s Best Friend Romance by Aly Martinez & M. Mabie – July 30th 2020
- Hood River Zero (Hood River Hoodlums Book 4) by K Webster – July 30th 2020
- Darling, Dance with Me by Aisling Magic – July 30th 2020
- Away with the Faeries by Sam Hall – July 31st 2020
- Wild Highway (Runaway Book 2) by Devney Perry – July 31st 2020
- Savage Beginnings: A Dark Mafia Romance (The Moretti Crime Family) by J.L. Beck & C. Hallman – July 31st 2020
- Wylde (Arizona Vengeance Book 7) by Sawyer Bennett – August 4th 2020
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer – August 4th 2020
- The Fallout (The Therapist #3) by WS Greer – August 4th 2020
- Want You to Want Me (The Want You Series Book 2) by Lorelei James – August 4th 2020
- The Night Swim: A Novel by Megan Goldin – August 4th 2020
- Sucker Punch (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Book 27) by Laurell K. Hamilton – August 4th 2020
- SICKO by Amo Jones – August 4th 2020
- Peripheral by Leslie Fear – August 4th 2020
- The Jackal (Black Dagger Brotherhood: Prison Camp Book 1) by J.R. Ward – August 4th 2020
- Awakened by Him (Zinklaus Trilogy Book 1) by Eyta Jade – August 6th 2020
- Burn Our Bodies Down by Rory Power – August 7th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).