Tasha J: Hey, I read Our Chemical Hearts years ago and absolutely loved it. I remember once recommending Bev read it too. That was back when we were reading YA. Anyway, it’s a movie now, coming August 21 and the trailer just released. Thought I’d share.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- EXTENDED THROUGH AUGUST!!! ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. 😲👏👏👏 WE ARE LOVING IT!
- One Hot Italian Summer by Karina Halle <— KARINA HALLE ALERT!!! She’s staying in Tuscany to write her next book… until the owner of the house shows up!!! GASP!! “…At first the villa is a dream come true for Grace – that is until Claudio Romano shows up one day with his ten-year old son, Vanni, in tow. Turns out, this is Claudio’s house, and Claudio happens to be her agent’s ex-husband from long ago. Thanks to their annual father and son bonding trip being cancelled, Claudio and Vanni are here to stay. So is Grace. With the three of them sharing the same house, Grace’s writing plans are thrown out the window...”
- Ritual: A New Adult College Romance (Palm South University Book 5) by Kandi Steiner
- Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland <— AND HERE’S TASHA J’S INITIAL RECOMMENDATION from back in 2016!!!
Tasha J: Ok, I just finished Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland and oh my goodness, I LOVED it!!! I’m pretty sure it’s a “Bev” book. I think I saw on goodreads you had it marked as to-read, Bev, so I say read it please!! Of course I love John Green’s work also, and it did totally have that feel.
It’s entirely in Henry’s point of view and I know that’s a turn off for you Amy, but I bet even you would like it! And he’s got the two awesome, quirky, funny, have your back best friends. And his love interest, Grace is a complete hot mess, that’s all I’ll say on that.
But, there’s also angst, and heartbreak, and mystery, and beauty so it had all the feels and for me, the ending was perfect!
- Then There Was You: An Opposites Attract Small Town Romance (Haven Bay Book 1) by Alexa Rivers <— LIVE!!
- Midnight Kiss (Men of Midnight Book 8) by Lisa Marie Rice <— LIVE!!!
- When the Time Is Right: A Standalone Brother’s Best Friend Romance by Aly Martinez & M. Mabie <— HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND!! “…Why is my heart racing every time his blue eyes lock on mine? Why does every word he rumbles in my ear make my body come alive? And worst of all, why did I bet him that I could find a woman he and his son would both love? If I hadn’t given up on love altogether, Hudson would have been perfect for me. After all, he was there the day my world fell apart. He’s spent the last six years piecing me back together…”
- How Sinners Fight: A Dark College Bully Romance (Sinners of Hawthorne University Book 2) by Eva Ashwood <— LIVE!!!
- Dark Secret (Black Hoods MC Book 2) by Avelyn Paige and Geri Glenn <— LIVE!!!
- Aaron’s Angel (Cowboys of Cauldron Valley Book 9) by Kirsten Osbourne <— LIVE!!!
- Hood River Zero (Hood River Hoodlums Book 4) by K. Webster <— LIVE!! K. WEBSTER SERIES CONCLUSION ALERT!!! “…This is a full-length high school friends-to-lovers, forbidden, and new adult romance with high angst, suspense, and gutting emotion. It’s book four in the Hood River Hoodlum series that all have interlinking storylines. Hood River Zero shouldn’t be read as a standalone and is the final book in the four-book series that gives each Hoodlum a story. The first book in the series is the only MM story. The others, including this one, are MF. The Hood River Hoodlums is now a complete series!”
- Summer at my Sister’s: A delightfully uplifting and heart-warming, summer romance by Emily Harvale <— LIVE!!!
- Phantom of the Library (Paranormal House Flippers Book 3) by Lidiya Foxglove <— LIVE!!!
- Hillcrest University: Year One : A Dark Reverse Harem Bully Romance by Candace Wondrak <— LIVE!!! “**Hillcrest University: Year One, is a complete collection of Ash’s first year at Hillcrest. This is a RH series, meaning multiple love interests and eventual steamy scenes. This series contains dark themes including stalking and violence. This box set also includes a never-before-seen summer novella.**”
- Mayhem At Prescott High (The Havoc Boys Book 3) by C.M. Stunich <— C.M. STUNICH’S LATEST BULLY BOOK ALERT! “…There’s one girl you don’t mess with at Prescott High, not unless you want them to come for you. Those dirty, rotten Havoc Boys might be a gang to everyone else, but they’re family to me…”
- Defining the Rules: A Friends-to-Lovers Sports Romance (The Dating Playbook Book 3) by Mariah Dietz <— LIVE!!!
- Jessica Gadziala <— THERESA LOVED THESE from this author!!
Theresa: Hi Maryse, I was wondering if you have had the chance to read any of Jessica Gadziala’s books? I have enjoyed her Henchmen MC series, the Mallicks, and the Professionals series. There are definitely triggers which she has posted on her website. I hope you get the chance to read her books.
- Darling, Dance with Me by Aisling Magic <— LIVE!!! SHE’S BEEN CHEATED ON SO SHE’S TRYING SOMETHING NEW… “…Our dance instructor, Remi, turns out to be a condescending jerk, who enjoys making me squirm under his smoking, amber gaze. When he starts calling me “darling” in that low, husky voice, my dreams turn a little dirty. #HeartEyesEmoji But just when I think things are getting better, I find out that sexy Remi has his own secrets…”
- Can’t Fight It (Fair Lakes Book 3) Kaylee Ryan <— LIVE!!
- Troublemaker (New Orleans Bourdons Book 2) by Lisa B. Kamps <— LIVE!!
- He Has It All: An Enemies to Lovers Second Chance Romance (Boston Brawlers Hockey Romance Book 2) by Stephanie Queen <— LIVE!!
- Savage Beginnings: A Dark Mafia Romance (The Moretti Crime Family) by J.L. Beck & C. Hallman <— MAFIA ARRANGED MARRIAGE ALERT!! “…She would make a beautiful bride. Ten-millions dollars and a forced signature later and she was mine. Like a thief I came in the dead of night and stole her away from her protected castle and placed her in a gilded cage made of gold. The deal had been made. She would become my wife. She would bear my children. She would bend to my will. But most importantly, she would help me destroy the man she loved most…“
- It Started With A Lie: A forbidden fake-boyfriend Cinderella romance (The Montebellos Book 5) by Clare Connelly <— LIVE!!
- Curvy Girls Can’t Date Quarterbacks (The Curvy Girl Club Book 1) by Kelsie Stelting <— LIVE!!
- Resurrected King (Ruthless Bratva Brotherhood Book 2) by Kaye Blue <— LIVE!!
- Protect (Blackbridge First Response Book 4) by Claire Boston <— LIVE!!
- The After Series by Anna Todd <— “BEAUTIFUL DISASTER FEEL” & JENNIFER WENT CRAZY FOR THIS SERIES!
Jennifer: How am I not seeing the After series in your reviews?!? Talk about life changing. I was a causal reader, usually only picking up books for the summer to bring by the beach or pool. That has all changed. I have read more books in the last 60 days then the last 6 years- no kidding!
The after series about Hardin and Tessa completely and utterly swept me away. It’s a reality I never want to leave which is how I stumbled on your website and found Beautiful Disaster. Beautiful and After Series are soo similar however After is a little more steamy.
Working on the other reads you mentioned. Not sure which one to start with, feel like I’m still feeling the loss of Travis and Hardin, but I am ordering several on your list and hoping they bring me back to life.
- Reign: A Dark High School Romance (The Sainthood – Boys of Lowell High Book 3) by Siobhan Davis <— LIVE!!! SERIES CONCLUSION ALERT & MUST BE READ IN ORDER!!
- The Havoc We Wreak: An Enemies to Lovers College Bully Romance (The Four Book 3) by Becca Steele <— LIVE!
- Ruthless Kings: A Dark High School Bully Romance (Windsor Academy Book 2) by Laura Lee <— LIVE!
- Captive by R.J. Lewis <— BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Liz loved it too! Originally recommended by Mony & Kelly!
Liz: I just read captive, it was amazing thanks for the recommendation.
Maryse: YAY LIZ!!! Thank you for letting us know you loved it too!!!!
- Flock (The Ravenhood Duet Book 1) by Kate Stewart <— KATE STEWART’S LATEST IS BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE OUR FELLOW READERS ARE LOVING IT! “...That’s the novelty of fiction versus reality. You can’t re-live your own love story, because by the time you’ve realized you’re living it, it’s over. At least that was the case for me and the men I trusted my foolish heart to. Looking back, I’m convinced I willed my story into existence due to my illness. And all were punished…”
Marissa: It’s incredible!!
Layne: Completely agree! It was amazing. I couldn’t put it down!
- Violence (Antihero Inferno Book 3) by Lily White <— LILY WHITE’S LATEST IS LIVE!! OH MY THIS ONE SOUNDS LIKE ALL SORTS OF TROUBLE!!! 🤭😬😁 “...He’s one of a pair. Identical twin to Damon. And an enforcer for the Inferno if one is ever needed. I knew better than to get involved with him. With his aggression. With the constant fights. With the games the twins were known to play with every woman stupid enough to fall for them. We made a mistake when we met again as adults. I fell in love. He fell in love. His brother fell in love, too…”
Erica: It’s killing me not to start it now but I almost missed deadlines because of the last two books! 😫 I totally plan of spending my Friday night with this book!!
Maryse: This one gave me the biggest blurb jolt of all three of ’em. Sounds like it’s gonna hurt!!!
JR: I just read 2 books this last week that were both very different but very good! First was The Rivalsby Vi Keeland. It was a sexy enemies to lovers story. I loved Sophia and Weston.
The second was The Last Flight by Julie Clark. Not a romance but a thriller that kept me guessing until the end. I recommend both if you are trying to decide what to read next!
Maryse: OMG I AM DYING to read The Last Flight!!! That is the ultimate blurb jolt and I can’t imagine where it even goes, but I bet it’s exciting!!
- Rainy Day Friends (Wildstone, #2) by Jill Shalvis <— MONY HAS 3 recommendations for us! We’re starting with this one!
Mony: Going back to my romance book roots… Jill Shalvis. I think I’ve read about 20 of her books! Rainy Day Friends (Wildstone, #2). This book surrounds you with the warmth of a family running a winery, making you feel cozy, while telling the tale of a woman finding her bearings & getting to know a gorgeous book boyfriend cop. 4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Leslie M: Mony, I read a ton of Jill Shalvis too! My fave are the first 3 of the Lucky Harbor series. I adore romances that have sub-plots with siblings.
- Commander in Briefs series by Kristy Marie <— ANOTHER MONY recommendation!
Mony: Next up was Kristy Marie’s Commander in Briefs series. New author for me. After loving her book, IOU, I wanted to try more. Started with Gorgeous (Book #2)…about a war vet and a young woman…it’s an intense, warm, enemies-to-lover, slow burn story. 4⭐⭐⭐⭐
Then on to Commander (book #1… I know…should have started with this one!) Not quite as good as the other but the connection between Theo, a pro ball player, and Anniston – friends to hot lovers – is intense…compelling (and it sets up the series). What I’ve really loved about the series so far is Anniston’s love & energy…how she takes in 6 sexy Marine vets and helps them in each book, & the dialogue which can turn into ” hot sexy irreverent”…what is that you say?…hmm read the book LOL 3 -3.5 ⭐⭐⭐
Drifter & Interpreter are next up.
- The Man She Married by Allison James <— ANOTHER MONY RECOMMENDATION!
Mony: Last, The Man She Married by Allison James. I needed a book with gem on the cover for a challenge read & randomly picked this one up. I don’t read suspense/thrillers but this was just right. Story about a wife whose husband dies…then it becomes very complicated as she tries to pull together puzzle pieces about him. Great appearances by a private detective character…stayed up late to finish 🙂 4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- A Very Punchable Face: A Memoir by Colin Jost <— HILARIOUS MEMOIR!!! MICHELLE LOVED THIS ONE!
Michelle: I’ve just finished Colin Jost’s “A Very Punchable Face”. I have been struggling with romance reads lately; I would start one but then find it just isn’t holding my interest; then try another with the same feeling. So, when this book came out I decided to read it, (I love late night talk shows/SNL) and loved it.
His stories are so funny, he didn’t seem to care that he was making fun of himself. I laughed through the whole book; finding it hard not to laugh when I was reading at night next to my sleeping DH.
So, if you need a change to what you are reading, give this a try. And if you need a little romance, he mentions his fiance a few times too!
- ➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- ➔➔ And… if you’re not an audible member yet, you can get the first 4 months for 46% off this summer!!!
- His & Hers: A Novel by Alice Feeney <— Michele G LOVED IT!
Michele G: I really loved His & Hers! It was great in audio too fyi.
Tasha J: Alice wrote Sometimes I Lie, which I have, and I’ll get to someday 😂, but it was hugely popular and I’ve heard really great this about His & Hers. I think I saw Michele read it too and raved about it.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer – August 4th 2020
- Wylde (Arizona Vengeance Book 7) by Sawyer Bennett – August 4th 2020
- The Fallout (The Therapist #3) by WS Greer – August 4th 2020
- Want You to Want Me (The Want You Series Book 2) by Lorelei James – August 4th 2020
- The Night Swim: A Novel by Megan Goldin – August 4th 2020
- Sucker Punch (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Book 27) by Laurell K. Hamilton – August 4th 2020
- SICKO by Amo Jones – August 4th 2020
- Peripheral by Leslie Fear – August 4th 2020
- The Jackal (Black Dagger Brotherhood: Prison Camp Book 1) by J.R. Ward – August 4th 2020
- Awakened by Him (Zinklaus Trilogy Book 1) by Eyta Jade – August 6th 2020
- Burn Our Bodies Down by Rory Power – August 7th 2020
- Anywhere But Home: A novel by Daniel Speck – August 11th 2020
- How Much I Feel by Marie Force – August 11th 2020
- Kiss My Cupcake by Helena Hunting – August 11th 2020
- Any Day Now (SWAT Generation 2.0 Book 8) by Lani Lynn Vale – August 11th 2020
- No Offense: A Novel (Little Bridge Island Book 2) by Meg Cabot – August 11th 2020
- King of Souls: Nicco and Ari Duet #2 (Verona Legacy) by L.A. Cotton – August 11th 2020
- Vixen: A Dark Protectors/Rebels Novella by Rebecca Zanetti – August 11th 2020
- Three Women Disappear: with bonus novel Come and Get Us by James Patterson – August 11th 2020
- Say No More (Sacramento Series, The Book 2) by Karen Rose – August 11th 2020
- Hush by BT Urruela & Anne Malcom – August 11th 2020
- Kiss My Cupcake by Helena Hunting – August 11th 2020
- Star Daughter by Shveta Thakrar – August 11th 2020
- Holding You Close (Noah & Katie duet Book 2) by Kennedy Fox – August 13th 2020
- The Showdown (The Mythical Universe Book 2) by Alicen Scott – August 15th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).