I’m celebrating my birthday weekend (yes, okay it was yesterday) but middle of the week birthdays are hard to get together, so this weekend it is! That’s okay… my earlybird birthday present (an actual bird!!) kept me company and sang me birthday songs all week, so I’m content. 😉
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Crossed Lines by Lana Sky <— LIVE!!! FORBIDDEN LOVE/AGE GAP ALERT!! Laura found us this one!
Laura: I think you missed a newly released book by Lana Sky called Crossed Lines. Forbidden love/slow burn/ hate to love / age gap romance. It’s the first book I’ve read from the author and I finished it in one sitting. You’ve helped me so much with your blog, I really hope you like it.
- Pushed Away: A Bully Romance: (Ridgeside High Book 2) by K.J. Thomas <— LIVE!!!
- Tangled Up In You (Rogue Series Book 1) by Lara Ward Cosio <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!! HE FEELS LIKE SOMETHING’S MISSING UNTIL SHE CALLS INTO THE RADIO STATION… It’s ON SALE & THE ENTIRE SERIES IS ON KU!!! “...when Sophie, the girl who left him heartbroken back in school, calls into the radio station he’s on, all that changes. Their public reunion makes them an instant paparazzi favorite. But beneath their seemingly perfect surface lies a complicated, tangled past.…” P.S. The author is this week’s newsletter sponsor and “Tangled Up In You” is on sale so she’s sent over a “5 Fun Facts” & giving away a $25 gift card! <— Comment on the blog post to enter!
- Author Isabel Jordan <— Jennifer recommends these series by this author!!
Jennifer: Hi! I’m a huge fan of your site! I love your recommendations. I have an author that I think you’d enjoy: Isabel Jordan. She writes one of my all-time favorite light PNR series (Harper Hall Investigations Box Set (Books 1-5) , but she also wrote a sweet, hilarious rom com/contemporary romance titled You Complicate Me that I think you’d adore. I’d love to know what you think of this author’s work!
- False Memory (False #1) by Meli Raine <— LIVE!! SHE FAKES HER AMNESIA… “...I know a killer when I see one, too. And one is standing in my hospital room right now, straight behind the man who saved my life. I can’t tell anyone the truth, because that’s the fastest way to really die. So I do the next best thing. I “lose” my memory. I fake my amnesia. Pretending not to remember a brutal attempted murder has its perks. The killer is backing down, spending less time around me, loosening the noose...”
- Kissing My Best Friend: A Friends to Lovers Romance by Piper Sullivan <—LIVE!!!
- Kissing Tolstoy (Dear Professor Book 1) by Penny Reid <— PENNY REID SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! Caroline found us this deal!!
Caroline: Kissing Tolstoy by Penny Reid is on sale… Love her books!
- Things You Save in a Fire: A Novel by Katherine Center <— RECENT RELEASE & SO MANY are loving this one!!
Michele G: Things You Save in a Fire is one of my faves this year! I highly recommend!!
- Say You Still Love Me: A Novel by K.A. Tucker <— OMG I LOVE K.A. TUCKER & Nay was 5-STAR ALL OVER THIS ONE!! YAY!!!! 😀 !!!
Nay: I just finished Say You Still Love Me. OMG!!! I loved it. A couple of things tripped me up toward the end (just personal feelings about certain things), but it’s still a huge 5 stars for me!
I’ve seen mixed reviews, and from what I can tell, being able to personally connect with this story is a huge plus. Of course, you don’t have to have gone to summer camp to love it, but I happen to be one of the ones who did, and it brought back some great memories!
- Reining Her In by Katie Ashley <— KATIE ASHLEY’S LATEST IS LIVE!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE? HE JILTED HER AT THE ALTAR… “…he jilted me at the altar. To avoid the swarm of whispers and finger pointing every time I dared to show my face in public, I fled two hours south to Atlanta and never looked back. Over the last decade, I’d planned hundreds of scenarios about how our next meeting would go down…”
- Cruel Prince: A High School Bully Romance by Ashley Jade
- Survivor Series by Emilia Finn <— HERO COPS & survivors… Kelly is LOVING this series!
Kelly: I’ve found so many amazing books from your blog. Your blog has given me so many amazing authors — Kristen Ashley, Sarina Bowen and Devney Perry. I have another favorite series that I think you have to read. I cannot get enough of these books. It’s The Survivor Series by Emilia Finn. This is her second series and I’m telling you she just keeps getting better and better. I needed to share so you can help others find these amazing books. Thanks!
- Burnout by CoraLee June <— LIVE!! HE’S HER TEACHER (and her brother’s best friend)… “…Having my dirty little secret living down the hall had me obsessing over alternate endings and happily ever afters. I’d never wanted someone so badly, but his hot and cold behavior was giving me emotional whiplash. In the classroom, he practically ignored me. But here? In my brother’s loft? It felt like we were a thick rubber band, pulled so tight we’d snap…”
- It Started With a Kiss by Jennie Snow <— LIVE!!!
- Gunner: Satan’s Fury MC- Memphis (Satan’s Fury- Memphis Book 5) by L. Wilder <— LIVE!!!
- Deviant by Jordan Silver <— LIVE!!!
- The Engagement Gift by Lauren Blakely <— Lauren Blakely‘s latest is LIVE!! AND IT SOUNDS FORBIDDENY-STEEEEEEEAMY. OH YES… *wink* 😉 “Some fantasies are better left unsaid. Besides, I don’t need to act on my dirty dreams, not when my fiancé and I have the kind of after dark adventures others dream of — wild, daring and oh so frequent. I can’t risk losing him by voicing my deepest, dirtiest desire. But the hotter our role playing gets, the closer I come to telling him what I want most — him and his best friend at the same time. Until the night I do...”
- Kostya (Her Russian Protector Book 7) by Roxie Rivera <— LIVE!! ROXIE RIVERA’S LATEST!! HE’S AN INFAMOUS MOB CLEANER… “...After a nightmare blind date, hair stylist Holly Phillips swears off men. The only problem with that plan? Her mysterious and sinfully sexy neighbor Kostya who appeared from the shadows and saved her on that cold, scary night...”
Kathy P: Roxie Rivera has finally released a new book Kostya in The Russian Protectors Series. I LOVED this Russian mob series so I was a little disappointed when the next book in the series that was promised wasn’t released until yesterday. 4 years waiting but here now!
- The Best Thing by Mariana Zapata <— SLOW BURN ALERT!! Recent release and we have feedback! A bit slower at first, but then made Cheryl laugh & cry!!
Cheryl: Just finished The Best Thing. Definitely a slow burn and somewhat of a repetitious and redundant start. I felt like the h kept repeating what she was complaining about and feeling. It does have characters from Luna and the Lie but I don’t think you have to read it first. I think the story/writing improved as it went along. There were even moments I laughed out loud. I also dare you to read the epilogue and not cry. Now to decide what to read next…
- DARE: A Rock Star Hero by S.L. Scott <— S.L. SCOTT’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! ONE NIGHT STAND WITH A ROCK STAR ALERT!! “…A night with him and no strings attached is just what I need. But he makes it impossible to not want more when he runs his hand through his dark, wild hair and smiles. One he only shares with me…“
- The Scotch Series Boxset: Contemporary Dark Romance by Penelope Sky <— FREE TRILOGY BUNDLE ALERT!!! For a limited time only — Get all 3 books in The Scotch Series in one boxset “…Joseph Ingram made the mistake of stealing from me—four million dollars. He took my intelligence without paying for it. And thought he could get away with it. Think again. Now I’ll take something from him—something irreplaceable. His sister. Collateral. But even when Joseph doubles the amount of money he owes me, I don’t give her up. Nope. I have an image to maintain. So I keep her. And I’m not giving her up…”
- Stillhouse Lake Series by Rachel Caine <— PSYCH-THRILLER/EVIL EX-HUSBAND IS A SERIAL KILLER ALERT!! P.S. All the books (and audiobooks) are available on KU!!!
Caroline: Her exhusband is a convicted serial killer. This has the feel of the tv show The Following…each book had me chewing my nails. All books and audiobooks available in kindle unlimited.
Kathy P: I read the first two books and would definitely recommend them.
Donna: Fantastic series!!!
Maryse: I’m so excited I have a new series to devour!!!
Gina: Loving this series.
Jennifer: Ahhh this looks right up my alley !!!!
- 44 Chapters About 4 Men by B.B. Easton <— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! THIS SERIES IS ABOUT TO BE ON NETFLIX!!! 😬😁 SQUEEEEE!!!!! “BB Easton’s bestselling 44 Chapters About 4 Men Series has been adapted into a new 8 episode TV series, SexLife, and is coming soon to Netflix!“
Nay: I HIGHLY recommend the 44 Chapters series by B.B. Easton if you’re looking for a coming of age series that’s full of non-stop excitement (sex, drugs, romance, fast cars, rock ‘n roll). The books are based on B.B. Easton’s life from 15 on (although she’s 15, these are NOT YA), and each book features the story of her life during the time she’s dating a different boyfriend.
They are well written and edited and are full of non-stop wild tales of a young girl who’s learning EVERYTHING about life and love (I don’t see how she made it through her junior and senior years of high school!) I LOVED book #1, Skin, and I’m almost finished with book #2, Speed, and I’m loving it just as much. Star is next and I don’t think I can stop!
R.C.: I read these books in January, and they are at the top of my faves of 2019 list and my faves of EVER list!! ❤️ BB Easton is a phenomenal author! I can’t wait to see this!
Annette: How? How? How did I miss these? Running off to Amazon now!
- Saved Kisses by Ella Good <— LIVE!! BETRAYED BY HER MOM & HER FIANCE!!! Part of a series but each book seems to focus on different couples. “…Amethyst suffered two killing blows to her heart when she discovered that her fiancé was sleeping with her mother. She takes a new job, far away from her family, to patch up her hurts and move on. What she doesn’t expect, nor particularly want, is a hot security expert determined to break down every wall she’s erected…”
- Shadowspell Academy Series by K.F. Breene and Shannon Meyer <— YA PARANORMAL!! Caroline is ALSO LOVING this series!
Caroline: K.F. Breene and Shannon Meyer teamed up together for a YA series- it’s been a fun reading series. Available in kindle unlimited three books so far in series. Another recommendation if you’re in the mood for this genre.
- Hush, Hush by Lucia Franco <— LIVE!!! OH MY THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE ULTIMATE ANGSTY FORBIDDENNY GUILTY PLEASURE!! “I knew the rules. Never reveal my true identity. Play the game, give the illusion. Don’t get close to the clients. The dark and glamorous lifestyle of the rich and shameless open my eyes to a lavish world of sin and wealth, and a man I can’t have. A man I desperately want—James Riviera. We’re treading a fine line as we live the ultimate double life until we make a startling discovery that tests both our loyalties.
- Brides on the Run Series by Jami Albright <— COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!! Caroline is loving this one, too!
Caroline: Another fun series with a new to me author. Three books in series available in kindle unlimited. Brides on the run series by author Jami Albright. Fun, fun reads!
- Overnight Wife by Penny Wylder <— LIVE!!! SHE DRUNKENLY MARRIED HER NEW BOSS!! “…I accidentally married my new boss. “…It’s only one night in Vegas. What’s the worst that could happen? Here’s a hint: Too many vodka tonics. Grinding against a stranger’s hot, muscled body. A whispered demand to join him in his hotel room. Multiple you-know-whats. One major hangover… And a ring on my finger the next morning that I don’t remember saying yes to. Marrying someone I just met is a huge mistake. But you know what’s worse? Flipping him off as I threaten a restraining order… Then discovering he’s my new boss...” <— HAHA!!!
- All Your Perfects: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— COLLEEN HOOVER ALERT!! I LOVED IT & Angela just discovered it, and loved it too!!
Angela: Hey Maryse, I finished reading all your perfects last night and I LOVED it! I had to hype myself up to even start reading it because I knew it was going to hit close to home for me and boy did it ever. I have never cried so much reading a book. I needed to take a time out during it cause I couldn’t see the pages. Lol. It was emotional right from the start. I loved it and hated it at the same time. It is definitely a must read! Another amazing book from Colleen Hoover. She is one of my favourite authors. I highly recommend this book to everyone out there. U won’t regret reading it. 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial)
- Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine <— PSYCH-THRILLER (SHE FOUND OUT HER HUSBAND IS A SERIAL KILLER!!) and it has been recommended few times this week and Mari agrees & LOVED the audiobooks!
Mari: I loved that series. For the most part I listened to the audios. There were a few times the story was so suspenseful I couldn’t take it and I had to switch to the book to read. Reading is faster than listening! The narration was excellent. Particularly books 2 and 3 where the multiple narrators bring the characters to life. I’ve borrowed (and listened) to the series twice. I liked it more the second time when I knew what was coming and could just enjoy.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Crew Princess (Crew Series Book 2) by Tijan – August 19th 2019
- The Day He Came Back by Penelope Ward – August 19th 2019
- The Last Post: A Novel by Renee Carlino – August 20th 2019
- The First Girl Child by Amy Harmon – August 20th 2019
- The Candle Palace (Jamison Valley Book 6) by Devney Perry – August 20th 2019
- The Lone Wolf by Penelope Sky – August 20th 2019
- Into the Hourglass (The Evermore Chronicles Book 2) by Emily R. King – August 20th 2019
- Tides of Time (The Legacy Book 1) by Luna Joya – August 20th 2019
- Misrule (A Death Dwellers MC Novel) by Kathryn C. Kelly – August 21st 2019
- Counting His Sins (My Wicked Prayers Book 2) by Zurie Brunelle – August 26th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).