HAPPY FRIDAY FINDS DAY!!! What do you have planned for the weekend? Whatcha watching? Whatcha readin’? I have some more shopping to do since it is still my “birthday” week. 😉 LOL! I have some ideas of things I still need, so I’m on a hunt, and planning some purposeful shopping this time.
ALSO!! COOL BOOKISH FIND!!! This “book” vase. I MUST HAVE THESE for my house ASAP especially since I’m all into decorating right now:
NEW FUN FRIDAY THING that I want to do: My “favorite thing this week (so far)” is…
Well, definitely my birthday day. I was treated to huge birthday balloons (one, in the shape of a 5′ sunflower <— my favorite!!), a ton of roses, dinner at my favorite place, and… shopping for pretty house stuff (decor is my favorite right now). It was just a peaceful day, and then to have all of these wonderful well-wishes from my friends and family, here and on my Facebook page… was just heartwarming. The perfect day!
P.S. I wanna hear yours, too! It can be about a feeling, a friend or family member, a realization, a product, an accomplishment, a new favorite movie, or show, or… a book (<— YAY!!)… pretty much anything that was your favorite thing, this week.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔ Kindle Unlimited for a THREE month free trial!
➔➔ KINDLE UNLIMITED DEALS!! 6 months, 1 year & 2 years!! I’m gonna get the one year. 😀
➔➔ BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER 😀 <— THREE MONTH FREE TRIAL!!!
- Son of a Gun: A Marked Men and The Point crossover novel (The Forever Marked Series Book 3) by Jay Crownover <— NEW RELEASE BY JAY CROWNOVER!!! “…The only thing on Daire Archer’s mind when she pulled a disappearing act on Christmas was proving she was worthy of being her father’s daughter. She was born an Archer, which was a blessing and a curse, and Daire was determined to show everyone she deserved to carry the legacy that came with her name. There is power in a name, and being an Archer meant Daire needed to do better, to be better. At least, that’s what she thought she needed, until a boy from nowhere—with a name that meant nothing—showed her that she was already pretty great just the way she was…”
- Pretty Little Killer (Pretty Obsessions Book 2) by AJ Merlin <— LIVE!! MUST BE READ IN ORDER!! “...as soon as my plane touches down in St. Augustine three days before the start of the spring semester, my sweetest nightmares are waiting for me, reminding me of all of the reasons I can’t stop thinking about why I let myself fall prey to their affections in the first place.. I’ve convinced myself that I need to end this before I’m the one with a knife in my stomach; that Oliver and Rook are the worst kind of people and certainly not capable of love. Until the unthinkable happens, leaving me broken, devastated, and questioning all of my recent choices…”
- Our Alpha Males Box Set by Dorothy Voisin <— SUPER-BARGAIN BOX SET!!
- Pretend With Me (Beacon Hill Book 1) by Emily Mayer <— LIVE!!
- The Good Lie by A. R. Torre <— ALESSANDRA TORRE SUPER-BARGAIN!! WE LOVE THIS AUTHOR!!
Mony: Very fast and fantastic read. Holds your attention, good writing & characters. I think I held my breath the whole time cause it was always moving so fast. You don’t know who dunn it for most of the book, giving us only very subtle clue crumbs. 5⭐
The Good Lie is very clever and not gory. If you read mystery/crime, it’s a good one.
- EROS (Love and War) by Stephanie Nicole Norris <— LIVE!! OWNER OF A NIGHTCLUB!! “...As co-owner of a popular nightclub in Houston, Texas, I built a reputation as one of the city’s most successful and respected entrepreneurs. Nothing rocked my axis—until I saw the most striking woman—a beauty with sienna skin and a pouty mouth enter the double doors. She was a mystery to my knowledge, but something about her made me follow her every move. Distress and fear were etched across her face as a man at her side clutched her tighter than I liked. Intervening in situations that didn’t invite me was never my style, but this night, I did, and despite the chaos that grew around me because of it, I couldn’t ignore our connection...”
- Falling for Mr. Secret Billionaire: A Second Chance Single Daddy Romance by Gracie Sage <— LIVE!!
- Until I Fall in Love: Romantic Comedy by Alexandra D. Hawkins <— LIVE!!
- Before We Came: A Brother’s Best Friend Hockey Romance (Lakes Hockey Book 1) (Lakes Hockey Series) by Sloane St. James <— NATASHA ENJOYED THIS ONE!
Natasha: This was different! She believes she was adopted as a child, and her adoptive mother doesn’t show her much in the way of affection. When her adoptive mother dies unexpectedly, pieces come together and she figures out she was actually abducted-not adoptive. She reunites with her family-the romance part is around her and her childhood love who is her brothers best friend!!
Maryse: Okay that adopted/abducted book!!! I’ve read one like that… I need to backtrack but I LOVE that trope so much!!!! Mine was more of a psych-thriller, mind you, but still a trope I’m into.
- Blaze: A Little Red Riding Hood Dark Fairy Tale Retelling (Happily Never After Fairytale Retellings Book 10) by H.P. Mallory <— LIVE!! SERIES FINALE!!! “…Blaze, otherwise known as Little Red Riding Hood, has a mission. And it’s an important one. But when she gets kidnapped and the charm that allows her to see is taken from her, she finds herself in a cave and blind. And completely dependent on whoever has abducted her. Unluckily for her, it’s a group of three hellhounds. But these hellhounds—Ransom, Axion and Maddox—aren’t all they seem to be…”
- Becoming the Older Man’s Muse by Trisha Roberts <— LIVE!!
- It’s Just Chemistry by Rita H Rowe <— LIVE!!
- Sacrifice: A Standalone Contemporary Romance by Adriana Locke <— NANCY FOUND US THIS ONE & NATASHA FREAKED OUT SO MUCH OVER IT, THAT I ONE-CLICKED IT!!
Nancy: Nancy: SACRIFICE: A Standalone Contemporary Romance by Adriana Locke has been on my Wish List since July 25, 2015! …Going to read this next!
Natasha: Omg I read Sacrifice! It was AMAZING!
Maryse: I liked the blurb but it didn’t jolt me… so the inside is even better? YES PLEASE!!!!
Natasha: Omg! So good!!!! Go in blind. I won’t even tell you
Maryse: DONE!!! Okay excellent!!!!!! That’s the way I like it! Thank you. 😀 (and then I proceeded to one-click it) 😉
- A Devil Who Claimed Me: The Complete Madman Duet by V.F. Mason <— LIVE!! THE HANDSOME DEVIL WHO BECAME HER DOWNFALL & SHE’S GETTING REVENGE! “…I didn’t belong and yet they all welcomed me with open arms. Except him. A boy who used to love me but then hated me so viciously, his presence alone hurt me. I thought my future was full of possibilities. Until one night five people ruined me and made me rot in hell of their creation. I barely ran away with my life intact and for the next ten years my heart burned with one desire only. Vengeance. I’m back now…”
- Fake Fiancée For My Best Friends Brother: An Enemies to Lovers, Billionaire’s, Fake Marriage Romance by Dakota Nash <— LIVE!!
- The Thorn’s Kiss: A Dark, Beauty & the Beast Retelling (Wickedly Grim) by Carmen Black <— LIVE!!
- Never Ending Chances: A Time and Travel Romance Novel by Lola Fashina <— LIVE!!
- Dancing With Sin: A forbidden love story by Alexandria Lee <— NATASHA RECOMMENDS THIS ONE!!
Natasha: I just finished this.
I looked at this and figured it was just smut, but given the reviews were high I tried it. I went in thinking this sister must have been horrible, but that wasn’t the case at all. We should hate the FMC and MMC, but we just can’t. It was very angsty and totally worth the read!
- The Widower’s Nanny: An Opposites Attract Clean Romance by Bella Greene <— LIVE!! HE’S HER GRUMPY BOSS! “…My new boss, Preston, is not thrilled I’m here. If it weren’t for his mom hiring me, I wouldn’t be here at all. He’s grumpy with a tough exterior But his sweet daughter, Lilly, makes his stubbornness all worth it. While stuck in a cabin on a stormy day – lines blur between employee and companion...”
- LESLIE M HAS HER READING MOJO BACK!!! And she sent us her most recent book recommendations:
Happy belated birthday Maryse!
It’s been FOREVER but after 3 long years I finally got my reading mojo back! Yay!!! Thought I’d share what I’ve been enjoying.
Practice Makes Perfect by S. Adams: dating lessons/friends to lovers/small town/virgin h/bodyguard H
Yours Truly by A. Jimenez: swoony H with anxiety/fake dating/slow burn/banter via written notes/workplace romance (doctors)
Part of Your World by A. Jimenez: age gap/super sweet & swoony H/opposites attract/small town
The Reunion by M. Quinn: sibs/family drama/multiple povs
It Happened One Summer by T. Bailey: sibs/spoiled but sweet heiress/grumpy fisherman H/small town
Hook, Line & Sinker by T. Bailey: sibs/friends to lovers/former playboy H
The Friendship Pact by J. Salvis: 2nd chance romance/family drama/veteran H
Float Plan by T Doller: tragic pasts/beautiful sailing & travel setting
The True Love Experiment by C. Lauren: single dad/producer H/dating show/romance author h who has never been in love
The Fine Print by L. Asher: workplace romance/disney-like settig/grumpy billionaire boss/fanfic vibes (twilight/50 shades)
The Royals Next Door by K. Halle: school teacher h/bodyguard H/enemies to lovers/Harry & Megan vibes
Same Time Next Summer by A. Monaghan: 2nd chance romance/flashbacks/first love/musician H
Funny You Should Ask by E. Sussman: 2nd chance romance/celeb H/flashbacks
The Boyfriend Candidate by A. Winstead: grumpy but swoony politician H/sweet librarian h
Lizzie Blake’s Best Mistake by M. Eddings: h with mental health struggles/sweet Australian H
- Night Shifts Black by Alyson Santos <— FUN NANCY STORY & GREAT BOOK RECOMMENDATION!! In fact, I didn’t know about the backstory…
Nancy: I’ve been with Maryse since the beginning, and I have a story.
I heard a story from a favorite person & author about she was in a coffee shop to do some writing, when a man was there talking to an empty chair. She felt badly for him as only he could see someone sitting there.
The very next day, I found a new release on Maryse’s list of new releases called: Night Shifts Black by Alyson Santos. Who is now going with Aly Stiles. This was in 2016! The blurb was about a man talking to a chair. I bought it! A little of the story:
“His name is Luke. But nobody knows that. He was an iconic musician before he gave up music. But nobody knows that either. They also don’t know he’s twenty-seven, that he used to have an infectious laugh, and that he’s way too young to be widowed. They certainly don’t know the rest of his tragic story. All they know is that he comes into their café at the same time every morning and stares at the same chair at the same table. They know he’s strange. They know he interrupts their breakfast with a cold blast of air as he hovers in the doorway, mustering the courage to confront a piece of furniture. No one asks why. No one cares. He’s fine with that. He’s done with life. This isn’t even his story anymore. It’s actually Callie’s, the young writer who sat in his chair one day.”
It is on sale now!!
➔➔ BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER 😀 <— THREE MONTH FREE TRIAL!!!
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- In Her Shadow by Kristin Miller <— AIMEE ENJOYED IT!
Aimee: I just finished a murder mystery! In Her Shadow by Kristin Miller. So I have to say this one was interesting to say the least! I didn’t know who dunnit till about 3/4 of the way in then I had my suspicions….
I will give it 4* because it kept me entertained through the whole audible!!! There were parts where I was like seriously?!? But worth a listen!
- Dirty Curve by Megan Brandy AIMEE <— A DIRTY CURVE CAUGHT HER OFF GUARD 😉
Aimee: I finished a book called Dirty Curve by Megan Brandy today, it’s my first audible book I have listened to in a couple of weeks! It was 4 * worthy with its angst and drama. Definitely a dirty curve thrown in the mix that caught me off guard!!🤣
He’s a college baseball player! The heroine had the surprise!!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- I Could Never by Penelope Ward – August 21st 2023
- Sinful Enemy: Book Three: Beckham Dynasty by M Robinson | Aug 21, 2023
- Knockout: A Hell’s Belles Novel by Sarah MacLean | Aug 22, 2023
- An Earl to Remember (Unforgettable Love Book 2) by Stacy Reid | Aug 22, 2023
- Shadow Dance (A Shadow Riders Novel Book 8) by Christine Feehan | Aug 22, 2023
- Bloom by Helen Hardt | Aug 22, 2023
- Cherry Lane: A Huckleberry Bay Novella by Kristen Proby | Aug 22, 2023
- Liar! (A Lost and Found Novel Book 3) by Fern Michaels | Aug 22, 2023
- Mafia Kingdom by CD Reiss | Aug 22, 2023
- There Was Once A Falcon & A Canary (The Marchesi Mafia Boss Book 1) by Natalia Lamb and J. S. Cooper | Aug 24, 2023
- Entwined With You (Stark Security Book 11) by J. Kenner | Aug 24, 2023
- State of Denial (First Family Series Book 5) by Marie Force | Aug 25, 2023
- Ghost & Me: Supernatural Gay Romantic Comedy by Tonwand North | Aug 28, 2023
- Shattered Truths by H. Hunting and Helena Hunting | Aug 29, 2023
- My Temptation (Kingston Lane Book 1) by T L Swan | Aug 29, 2023
- My Salvation (Bewitched And Bewildered Book 14) by Alanea Alder | Aug 29, 2023
- Changed (Gold Hockey Book 19) by Elise Faber | Aug 29, 2023
- Defy (Violent Delights Book 2) by Sienna Snow | Aug 29, 2023
- The Good Girl (Nashville Neighborhood Book 5) by Nikki Sloane | Aug 29, 2023
- Holiday Rebel: An Albertini Family Romance (The Anna Albertini Files) by Rebecca Zanetti | Aug 29, 2023
- Assistant to the Villain by Hannah Nicole Maehrer | Aug 29, 2023
- Don’t Let Me Down by Kelsie Rae | Aug 29, 2023
- The Witch’s Silver Lining (Witches of Befana Bay Book 1) by Deanna Chase | Aug 29, 2023
- Son of the Drowned Empire by Frankie Diane Mallis | Aug 29, 2023
- Big Little Spells (Witchlore Book 2) by Hazel Beck | Aug 29, 2023
- The Tease: A Single Dad/Forbidden Romance Standalone (The Virgin Society Book 3)by Lauren Blakely | Aug 30, 2023
- Saint View Rebels #1 by Elle Thorpe – August 31st 2023
- Wicked Curses (The Shadow Realms, Book 7) by Brenda K. Davies – August 31st 2023
- P.S. Baby, You’re Mine: A Secret Baby, Second Chance, Standalone Romance by Jane Anthony | Aug 31, 2023
- Lair by David Sullivan | Aug 31, 2023
- Dr. CEO (The Doctors Series Book 3) by Louise Bay | Aug 31, 2023
- God of Ruin: A Dark College Romance (Legacy of Gods Book 4) by Rina Kent | Aug 31, 2023
- Dr. CEO (The Doctors Series Book 3) by Louise Bay | Aug 31, 2023
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ Have a reader recommendation for me? Have a reader question? Wanna talk books? Contact me here 🙂
➔➔➔ AUTHORS with book review requests can contact me here 🙂