IT’S FRIDAY FINDS TIME & I’m exceptionally excited about what bev found for us (that one there to the left!! Sounds romantically angsty because they keep hurting each other – eeeeeeep!!!!) Not so sure about the cover, but you know… never judge a book by it, especially if there’s book-buzz (and apparently there is!!) 😉
Also another EEEEEEEP-worthy book below (Broken Play <— sports star? Infidelity and OMG great reviews!! Though I know this is a throw-your-Kindle so if you’re willing to chance it, tie your Kindle to your wrist.)
So it’s time to build our book-list, maybe find our most perfect temptation, and I will see what “Blast from our Book Past” I can find, too! 😀
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Broken Play by Alison Rhymes <— EEEEEEP! CHEATING ALERT!!! AIMEE LOVED IT!!
Aimee: WOW!!! This book!!! I love a cheating romance to see how the author writes her version on how it turns out!
Which ever the ending takes you on with this story line it’s definitely an emotional roller coaster… she did an awesome job and I definitely shared a few tears with both sides of the story!!!
Kim: Okay Broken Play was good. I wanted to slap someone 😂
- All the Bright Lights by Melissa Toppen <— LIVE!!! ARROGANT BASEBALL STAR TURNED HOLLYWOOD STAR!! “…when Treyton interrupts one of my showings like he already owns the property, I barely even bat an eye. That is, until he makes an offer. A very generous offer. One that would nearly double the commission I’m set to make. But there’s a catch… The offer is only good if I agree to go on a date with him. I know it’s a bad idea. Because when you’re dealing with a man like Treyton Tyler, there’s always more to the story...”
- PenPal by J.T. Gessinger <— RECENT RELEASE THAT I’M DYING TO READ & IT’S BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE KIM LOVED IT!
Kim: PenPal by JT Gessinger was AMAZING. The ending had me 😮😮😮 A must read.
Maryse: OMG I WANT TO READ THIS ONE ASAP! Her endings are always WOW!!!! OMG KIM!!! PenPal is calling me too. You ‘n me have the same “kindle throwing” book taste!!
- Her Alien Bully (Monster Bites Book 5) by Michele Mills <— LIVE!!
- Savage Sweetness (Lost and Found Book 3) by Elizabeth Lennox <— LIVE!!
- The Change by Kirsten Miller <— WHAT TASHA J IS READING!! THREE WOMEN DISCOVER SOMETHING!! “…Guided by voices only Nessa can hear, the trio of women discover a teenage girl whose body was abandoned beside a remote beach. The police have written the victim off as a drug-addicted sex worker, but the women refuse to buy into the official narrative. Their investigation into the girl’s murder leads to more bodies, and to the town’s most exclusive and isolated enclave, a world of stupendous wealth where the rules don’t apply. With their newfound powers, Jo, Nessa, and Harriett will take matters into their own hands…”
Tasha J: Am currently reading The Change by Kirsten Miller. I started this one right before school let out and it got shoved on the back burner with summer chaos so I really want to finish in the next couple days!
- Tyrant: A Dark Romance by Piper Stone <— LIVE!! HE’S HER BOSS! “...I shouldn’t give in to this tyrant. I shouldn’t yield to his shameful demands. Yet I can’t resist the passion he sets ablaze with every word, every touch, and every brutally possessive kiss, and I know before long my body will surrender to even his darkest needs…”
- Wild Honor (Dragon Royals Book 4) by May Dawson <— LIVE!!!
- Agony’s Medicine Woman (Pagan Souls of Cherokee MC Book 1) by Ciara St James <— LIVE!!
- Mad About You: A Novel by Mhairi McFarlane <— IGOSLINGA RECOMMENDS THIS ONE!
Igoslinga: Just finished McFarlane’s Mad About You and it was terrific. It was funny and interesting and the dialogue was Brit-banter gold. So good! If you like Sophie Kinsella, you will love this author.
- Charlie’s Doctor (Shadow Elite Book 1) by Jocelynn Drake <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- The Last Housewife: A Novel by Ashley Winstead <— TASHA J ALSO ONE-CLICKED THIS RECENT RELEASE!!
Tasha J: And I totally bought The Last Housewife yesterday bc I lack self control and of course I also really loved the last book I read of hers, AND I’ve heard it’s super intense and dark and I have to see.
Maryse: The last Housewife has me craving it!!!
- Love Bites <— ANTHOLOGY ALERT! DANNIKA DARK JUST LET ME KNOW ABOUT THIS BOX-SET SUPER-BARGAIN!!
Dannika: …a group of us have some Paranormal romance set out that’s available at all retailers. …my Seven Years is included.
Laura: Ok finished seven years by dannika dark loved it!!!!
- Magnolia Parks (Magnolia Parks Universe) by Jessa Hastings <— BEV FOUND US THIS ONE!! SOUNDS ANGSTY!! THEY ARE IN LOVE BUT DYSFUNCTIONAL & KEEP HURTING EACH OTHER!! “…She is a beautiful, affluent, self-involved and mildly neurotic London socialite. He is Britain’s most photographed bad-boy lothario who broke her heart. But Magnolia Parks and BJ Ballentine are meant to be, and everyone knows it. They’re in the stars… just suspended in a strange kind of love that looks like hurting each other a lot of the time: She dates other people to keep him at bay; he sleeps with other girls to get back at her for it...”
bev: Maryse have you seen Magnolia Parks? That new book that us getting buzz? I’m scared of it, but it sounds right up your angsty aisle. I am tempted though because it is a part of a series……
Maryse: I have not but you KNOW I’m going to check it out right now. I love book-buzz!!!!!!!
bev: Apparently the cover of Magnolia Parks makes sense after you read it. That the images relate to the story.
I gave in and one clicked even though people keep saying they wanted to throw it at the end, but also loved it. I mean that is usually not my type of book. A bit on the $$ for me for a new author, that’s like tried and true Patricia Brigg/Lisa Kleypas auto buy money, lol. So hopefully it will at least be a fun ride.
Might start this weekend……if brave enough.
Kim: Just grabbed Magnolia Park. I’ll jump into that and see how angtsy it is 😬
- Flowers In The Attic by V.C. Andrews <— SHOCKING/TABOO GUILTY PLEASURE THAT MANY OF US READ AS KIDS (and probably shouldn’t have!!) LOL! DERIAN LOVES THESE!!!
Amy: I read it when I was in 7th grade soooo, 12 years old? We won’t talk about how long ago that was. 😕 When I read Petals on the Wind (book 2), I pretended I was sick on a Saturday so I could hide under my covers and read it without my mom knowing…and I had even snuck the book from the library in my backpack ’cause I didn’t want to check it out and have my mom see it. What??? I returned it when I was done!! Sheesh…
Michelle S: I read the five in that series, started when I was 13, I think. It did a number on me. Probably why I read what I read today. It was so “forbidenny”. I never read the three “diaries” books – are they all from Christopher’s POV? Anyone read these? Worth it?
Derian: Still love these stories and back hooked again. Lifetime has done Ms. Andrews proud. Realist book to movie transfer EVER!!!!
- Saviour Series by Lesley Jones <— NANCY FOUND US THIS SUPER-BARGAIN (the first 2 books!!)
Nancy: Been in my Wish list.
- OUT OF TIME by Amber Kuhlman <— NANCY FOUND US THIS SUPER-BARGAIN TOO! “...Engaged, abducted, and falling for a man accused of murder...”
Nancy: OUT OF TIME by Amber Kuhlman was in my Wish List
- PERFECT SOMEDAY (Mason Creek) by Lauren Runow <— NANCY 5-STARRED THIS ONE!!
Nancy: My 5* Review: PERFECT SOMEDAY (Mason Creek) by Lauren Runow is a romance with a bit of a break-up & maybe second-chances. Mason Creek series is made up of anthologies of a bunch of standalone books by different authors with having ties to small-town Mason Creek…
…childhood friends that turned into high school sweethearts. As their high school graduation drew near their future was making them question what was to become of their love. Matt was determined that Hannah should come with him to college. But Hannah had different dreams. She wanted to be a country singer…
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
NOTE: Aimee got in on some GREAT audiobook deals so she has a ton for us to discover!
- The Never King (Vicious Lost Boys Book 1) by Nikki St. Crowe <— AIMEE 5-STAR LOVED THIS ONE & HOLY MOLY LOOK AT THAT COVER!!
Aimee: This!!! I finally found a book with an Adult Peter Pan story line that was 5* worthy!!! It’s a series and I can’t wait to listen to the next!!! I’ve seen so many positive views and I definitely agree with them!!!!
It’s free with kindle unlimited!!!
- Hot Stuff by Janet Evanovich, Leanne Banks <— AIMEE GOT IT DURING THE AUDIBLE SALE!!
Aimee: This was a cute short novella. It was a semi clean romance mystery/ comedy. I think I only paid a dollar through the last audible sale!!
Aimee: I love Amy Daws!!!! 5* nanny romance!
- Mercy by Debra Anastasia <—- AIMEE IS ON A ROLL!!
Aimee: I keep finding some good ones!!!! Some were in my wish list for a while… it’s funny how we can go weeks with not finding some good ones and I have been on a 2 wee streak!!!
This one was a sweet with romance with suspense and I love a tattooed man 😉
- The Mother Road by Meghan Quinn <— AIMEE ENJOYED THIS ONE!!
Aimee: The Mother Road. Got a good laugh with this one! If you don’t mind bathroom humor and crude talk this one will have you rolling!
Brother and sister go one a road trip with their dad before the brother gets married. Fun bickering between siblings with an added “hitchhiker” added to the mix!!
- Toxic: Mafia Wars New York, Book 1 by Maggie Cole <— AIMEE 4-STARRED this one!
Aimee: First mafia romance that I enjoyed this year. 4* only because the female lead was aggravating at times…but still worth it!!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Blush by Helen Hardt – August 23, 2022
- Would You Rather: A Novel by Allison Ashley | Aug 23, 2022
- Reckless Hands (Chained Hearts Duet Series Book 5) by T.L. Smith | Aug 23, 2022
- Soul Taken (A Mercy Thompson Novel Book 13) by Patricia Briggs | Aug 23, 2022
- Second Chance Rival by M. Robinson | Aug 23, 2022
- Ruby Fever: A Hidden Legacy Novel by Ilona Andrews | Aug 23, 2022
- Changing The Game (The Risks We Take Duet Book 1) by Bella Matthews | Aug 24, 2022
- What Hunts Inside the Shadows (Of Flesh & Bone Series Book 2) by Harper L. Woods | Aug 30, 2022
- Mafia Vows: Standalone Fake Marriage Romance (Arranged Marriage Book 6) by L. Steele | Aug 31, 2022
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!