Happy Friday everyone!! 😀 !!! Do you already know what you’re doing this weekend? Are you reading (and if so, do you already know which book)? ‘Cause I got a few lists for ya that might just float your book-boat. 😉
P.S. Don’t forget to check these latest posts out:
- Christina Hovland’s “Take It Off the Menu” is LIVE & she’s sent a hilarious excerpt + we’re having the coolest giveaway!
- Reader Recommendations – Our favorite books featuring childhood friends to adult lovers
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Broken Knight by L.J. SHEN <— #1 ON ALL OF AMAZON KINDLE RIGHT NOW!! And Tessa LOVED it! “…When life throws a curveball at All Saints’ golden boy, he’s forced to realize not all knights are heroes. Sometimes, the greatest love stories flourish in tragedy…”
Tessa: Finished Broken Knight. MY HEART! I was sobbing through so much of it. No joke. Just, it was so sad and I just couldn’t stop crying. I finished it at 1am last night. It was sincerely great, but my heart HURT!!!
Maryse: GASPPPPPP!!!!!!! Do I dare? IS it a Marmy???
Mary Ann: I recommend Broken Knight by LJ Shen. There is the feel of unrequited love, the hero is a major jerk, heroine has SaaS and angsty.
- Take It Off the Menu: A sizzling, accidentally married rom com! (Mile High Matched, Book 3) by Christina Hovland <— LIVE!! COMEDY ROMANCE/ACCIDENT VEGAS MARRIAGE ALERT! OOOOPS!! “...the wedding he was supposed to be catering just fell apart. Feeling oddly protective of the jilted bride—his little sister’s best friend—his weekend plans now involve a trip to Sin City with her group of friends. But it looks like he had a bit too much fun in Vegas when he wakes up married…wedding night included…” P.S. we’re having the coolest giveaway!
- T.Y.P.O.: Take Your Pants Off (Get Some Book 3) by Frankie Love and C.M. Seabrook
- To Be Your Girl (To Be Yours Book 1) by Rae Kennedy <— LIVE!! LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!! “…Staying away from Cade Renner is easier said than done—because he’s my brother’s best friend and my new roommate. I know he’s trouble when I meet him—half naked, covered in tattoos, and kicking an anonymous girl out of his bed. I’m not supposed to become his friend…”
- War of Hearts by Nina Levine <— LIVE!! THE MC PREZ’S DAUGHTER ALERT!! GASP!! “...I tried not to look at her. I tried not to want her. I tried not to love her. But she won this war of hearts and now I’m a man on my knees. This love may kill me. My president will see to that. No one touches his daughter...”
- Worked Up (Made in Jersey Book 3) by Tessa Bailey <— TESSA BAILEY ALERT!! JULIEO IS BEGGING ME… 😉 LOL!
JulieO: My favorite Tessa Bailey (which I have been bugging Maryse to read) is WORKED UP. Duke is the best book boyfriend around but so unexpected. Lots of hair and had a small beer belly, but he will start drinking light beer for her to make her happy. Love this book. Please Maryse….
- Love Hurts: The Love Duet by Leah Sharelle <— LIVE!! HE FOUND THE ONE, BUT… “…I found ‘The One’ then lost her minutes later … but lucky for me, I found her again years later. There was just one problem. She used to be Deck’s. They were just friends now, but that didn’t stop the memories of our turbulent years of fighting and arguing to cloud my brain. So what happens when two brothers reconnect and you throw a beautiful woman into the mix? All hell breaks loose…”
- Crossed Lines by Lana Sky <— FORBIDDEN ALERT!! RECENT RELEASE & RECOMMENDATION & NOW we’re getting even MORE feedback!!
Nancy: Hi Maryse! Just finished crossed lines by Lana sky and OMG. I am SHOOKETH. I am dead. And now I have a book hangover. I need help topping that one! A book to give me the similar feels! It was poetic and oh so good. Any reccs? Taboo list maybe? 🙏🏻🙏🏻
Priscilla: It was a hell of a ride reading this book!
Sharon F: I’m coming out of my reading slump and boy, did I pick a good one to read! Crossed Lines by Lana Sky is a solid 5 star read. It was angsty, had a brooding character, broken characters and was written with such feels. They weren’t all good feels either. I loved the narration and it just didn’t disappoint – reminded me of old school Megan Hart. I can only hope this gets a follow up – but really none is needed. Happy Friday everyone!
- Coming Home to You (The Rockport Beach Series Book 1) by Claire Raye <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY!! Second chance romance… she’s being stalked and he’s the detective protecting her... “…Kelsey Walters never imagined she’d get a second chance with the love of her life, but he reappears when she needs him most. Stalked and tormented by an ex-boyfriend, she just longs to feel safe again and knows Beck is willing to risk his life to give her that…”
- Oath Taker: Kingdom of Runes Book 1 by Audrey Grey <— YA FANTASY ALERT!! Caroline recommends this one!
Caroline: Another recommendation of a Fantasy YA series. Kingdom of Runes series. Currently two books in series; it will be a 5 book series. Available in kindle unlimited.
- All the Lovely Pieces by J.M. Winchester <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! SHE’S ON THE RUN FROM HER HUSBAND... Caroline found this one!! “…Drew Baker has been running from her brutal husband and the dark deeds of the night she left him. Focused on protecting her ten-year-old son, Drew reluctantly settles into a small town, eager to find proof of her husband’s true nature so she can stop looking over her shoulder. But Drew is also on the run from her own terrible crimes—ones that mean prison and separation from her son should the police catch up to her before her husband does. If only she could remember that night and what really transpired...”
Caroline: A thriller newly added to kindle unlimited along with audio. My current reading binge. It sounds really good!
- Tease Me, Baby: A Reverse Harem High School Bully Romance (Silver Creek High Book 2) by Belladona Cunning <— LIVE!!! BULLY BOOK ALERT!! “…They’re smart, resourceful, and calculating in getting what they want, and what they want now is me. However, that’s where things get a little sticky. You know those four handsome a**holes? Well, they don’t like being ignored. What’s even worse? Neither do the queen bees they turned their backs on...”
- Misrule (A Death Dwellers MC Novel) by Kathryn C. Kelly <— LIVE!!! BIKER BOOK ALERT!! AN UNEXPECTED ENEMY… “…Knox and Roxy have finally set the date for their wedding, but things won’t go smoothly. There are too many people within the Club who won’t accept Knox—and one woman in particular whose day of reckoning has been a long time coming. Not to mention the outside interference from family. But the most deadly threat of all will come from an unexpected enemy…” The author says:
“We are excited to announce the final book in the Death Dwellers series. After all the drama, intrigue, betrayal and heartache, it all comes to this. “
- The Major’s Welcome Home by Tessa Bailey <— TESSA BAILEY ALERT!! JulieO says it’s HOT!
JulieO: Last night I read THE MAJOR’S WELCOME HOME and realllly liked it. Talk about hot!!
- Play With Me: A High School Bully Romance (Diamond In The Rough Book 1) by Rebel Hart <— LIVE!! BULLY BOOK ALERT! “…Clinton Clarke has everything a high school boy could want. A motorcycle between his legs. Cheerleaders on each knee. A posse behind him students and teachers alike are done fussing with. He rules the school, and everyone in it. Except for one person. Rae Cleaver. He’s determined to make her life a living nightmare. Only because he can…”
- Bad Boys: A High School Bully Romance (Arcadia High Anarchists Book 2) by Max Henry <— LIVE!!!
- Hearts and Flowers (Hearts Series Book 2) by A.M. Brooks <— LIVE!!!
- The Day He Came Back by Penelope Ward <— PENELOPE WARD RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!
Brenda: I just finished reading it loved so much ♥️
- The Wicked Prince: A Royal Romance by Tilly Hart <— LIVE!!! HISTORICAL VIKING ROMANCE ALERT!! “…Murder flows through his body, Diego is a cursed man, unable to tear himself from the compulsions to wipe out his brother, the king. When Ellania storms into his cell and treats him like a human instead of a potential killer, passionate sparks fly…”
- Paint It Black (Beneath the Stain Book 2) by Amy Lane <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT & TRACI 5-STARRED IT!!
Traci: Not sure if anyone has commented about this. I read Paint it Black (Beneath The Stain Book 2) by Amy Lane and it was so good. Definitely 5 stars for me. I haven’t read a 5 star in a while. It is MM. I’m not the best at writing reviews. The beginning was a little slow but after that I was hooked. I laughed and teared up.
- Her by Portia Moore <— LIVE!!! THEY DON’T LOVE HER... “…Being alone is terrifying, but their love is suffocating. The girl looking back isn’t real. She isn’t me. The walls are closing in. I’m quickly drowning in them. It’s too late. They want me… they think they do. But they don’t love me. They love her…”
- Burnout: A Dark High School Romance by CoraLee June <— STUDENT/TEACHER RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!
Acacia: Oh my god, I just finished it and IT WAS AMAZING!!! Now I’m off to read all her books ☺️
Priscilla: Love this trope!
- Queen of Blood by Jill Myles <— STANDALONE VAMPIRE ROMANCE & MEL LOVED IT!
Mel: I recently read Queen of the Blood by Jill Myles, and it was so good! It is a standalone and fits largely within this genre. I finished it in one day and thought it could be added to one of your lists? You might know about it already but I loved it too much not to share, just in case. 4 ⭐️
- Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren <— JR 5-STARRED IT!
JR: I finally have my first 5* read of the year – Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating! Loved it, loved them! Now the hard part of trying to decided what to read next.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial)
- Nay enjoyed these audiobooks!!
Nay: I finished listening to Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris and Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney. Narration was wonderful on both. Behind Closed Doors was deliciously demented–5 stars; Sometimes I Lie was twisty turny, but the end had so many revelations that it got a bit muddled for me, which brought it down to 4 stars. Still, I recommend both! I’m getting back to listening to The Last Romantics by Tara Conklin today.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Counting His Sins (My Wicked Prayers Book 2) by Zurie Brunelle – August 26th 2019
- Handle With Care by Helena Hunting – August 27th 2019
- That Forever Girl (Getting Lucky Book 2) by Meghan Quinn – August 27th 2019
- The Truth About Cowboys by Lisa Renee Jones – August 27th 2019
- The Dark Side: A Novel by Danielle Steel – August 27th 2019
- The Wallflower Wager by Tessa Dare – August 27th 2019
- Sapphire Flames: A Hidden Legacy Novel by Ilona Andrews – August 27th 2019
- Never Have I Ever With a Duke (The Spitfire Society Book 1) by Darcy Burke – August 27th 2019
- Hot Shot (The Men Of The Sisterhood Book 5) by Fern Michaels – August 27th 2019
- Butterfly in Frost by Sylvia Day – August 27th 2019
- Beneath the Attic (Dollanganger Family) by V.C. Andrews – August 27th 2019
- Already Gone by Kristen Proby & K.L. Grayson – August 27th 2019
- Black Sheep (Dirty Mafia Duet Book 1) by Meghan March – August 27th 2019
- Kiss Me Not by Emma Hart – August 27th 2019
- Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha Book 1) by Aurora Rose Reynolds – August 27th 2019
- Goddess Rising: A Skye Faden Novel by Alisha Ashton – August 30th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).