HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!! A LONG WEEKEND coming up for many of us, and “back to school” right after, for quite a few so I hope your weekend is not too hectic and allows for some snuggle and reading time!! 😀
Since I missed three things this week, let’s do a “better late than never” version, shall we?
1.) I made a crock pot “crack chicken” yesterday and it’s pretty darn good but OMG SO RICH. I’m feeling like eating super-light tonight. I think I’ll make a lime-buttered steamed broccoli (and I just finished making my greek green beans w/ feta cheese – “Fasolakia” which is my favorite vegetable dish).
2.) This is my 4 month old mastiff puppy’s absolute favorite toy (especially the white circle with the three blue chewy-things). He’s almost 60lbs now and over the last few months, has pretty much chewed the heck out of the first one – except for the solid blue section… that part seems almost indestructible! But that white ring is his favorite!!), so I just got him another one. Guess what he immediately started chewing first?
3.) We are in the process of adopting a German Shorthaired Pointer (almost 3 years old) to keep him company. My puppy is dying to play, and my senior MinPins are not too keen on it. When he gets the zooooooomies, he wants them to partake and they just… NOPE!!! Supposedly this specific GSP dog is high energy and LOVES to play and run, so we *think* he might be a great fit. I’ll keep you guys up to date.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- The House on Everly Lane by Layne Deemer <— BLURB JOLT!! RECENT RELEASE & I LOVE THIS AUTHOR!! IS HE A GHOST???? Oooooh this one blurb gave me goosebumps!! “…Darcy Simon isn’t running away from her problems. She just needs a change of scenery. At least that’s what she tells herself when she hops in her car and leaves her old life behind. Once she sees the home she’s renting–a storybook cottage on a quiet street– she’s convinced she made the right decision. Living on her own is exactly what she needs. Except she isn’t alone. Jeremy has been in the attic, unnoticed for so long he’s beginning to think it will never change. Then Darcy moves in…”
- Going Too Far by Abbi Glines <— LIVE!!! ABBI GLINES!!! SINGLE MOM WANTED AN AUTOGRAPH FROM HIM FOR HER SON!! “…Brielle McGinnis had been kicked out of her foster home the day she turned eighteen. The pregnancy she’d been trying to hide had taken what little youth, she had managed to hold onto, away. Bri had grown up overnight. Life had made her tough and she’d learned to survive. Now, at twenty- eight years old, she had a good job with insurance working in admissions at the local junior college. When rock legend Dean Finlay came walking into the college office she had wanted an autograph for her son but his arrogance changed her mind. Just like every other man, he was a disappointment. Until… he isn’t…”
- Bitter Sweet Heart by H. Hunting and Helena Hunting <— LIVE!!! HOCKEY PLAYER/STUDENT-TEACHER OOOOPS!!! “...play hockey like my life depends on it, and avoid relationships. All I have to do is stay focused on the end game. It should be easy. But when a woman literally floats into my dock, just before summer ends and my senior year begins, I can’t resist one last hookup. What harm could a one-night stand do? It’s not like we even exchanged numbers. Everything is fine until I run into her on campus. It’s a big school. I should be able to avoid her. Except she happens to be in my class. And she’s not a student. She’s my professor…”
- Finding Ivy by Claire Kingsley <— MONY 4.5 STARRED THIS ONE!!
Mony: Finding Ivy by Claire Kingsley. On my TBR forever & finally read it. Glad I did because it was such a great read! Lovely warm story, nice flow, hottie, some mystery/suspense, sweet love. 4.5★
- Kiwi Sin by Rosalind James <— LIVE!!! JAN FOUND US THIS ONE!!
Jan: A new Rosalind James book is out. Kiwi Sin. Yay! Set in beautiful New Zealand. The MCs have escaped from a cult and have to learn how to live (and love) in the normal world. I’ve already started it and liking it. She’s a fav author for me.
Michelle: I’m reading Kiwi Sin and enjoying it as well. She is an auto buy author for me
- Author Corinne Michaels <— KATHY FOUND ALL OF THESE IN KU!!
Kathy: I just saw that Corinne Michaels has put all of her books on Kindle Unlimited.
- Mafia Vows: Standalone Fake Marriage Romance (Arranged Marriage Book 6) by L. Steele <— LIVE!! SINGLE MOTHER FAKE MARRIAGE ALERT!! “…He’s grumpy, high-handed, full of himself, and… So very appealing. No way can I act on the attraction that sizzles between us, right? But I need to get custody of my daughter, And he promises to help me. Provided I pose as his wife…”
- Stealing Bama: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (Florida East University Book 2) by Hannah Gray <— LIVE!!!
- The Bodyguard by Katherine Center <— KATHY RECOMMENDS THIS ONE!
Kathy: I did finish the new Katherine Center’s book The Bodyguard. If you like books about a male actor and a female bodyguard you will love this one. I would definitely recommend it.
- Soul Taken (Mercy Thompson #13) by Patricia Briggs <— RECENT RELEASE & BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE MONY 5-STARRED THIS ONE SO HARD!! And Jody loved it too!
Mony: Soul Taken (Mercy Thompson #13) by P. Briggs – Finally. Everything I could ever want in a Mercy Thompson story! Well done Ms Briggs! (Lots of Adam too – yay!) 5★++
Jody: I finished Soul Taken. I love this series but I hate the wait in between books! Thinking about reading it again before the loan is up. Or maybe I should read the last couple of books to refresh, then reread it. I didn’t realize the Charley Davidson novella was out, too. Two of my fave series!
- The House Across the Lake by Riley Sager <— TASHA J IS ENJOYING THIS ONE!!
Tasha J: I’m just about finished with Riley Sager’s The House Across the Lake and hope to finish tonight. I am loving it! I did not quite see exactly where it was going, but am immersed and along for the ride, wherever it takes me.
And, bonus, my preorder, The Final Gambit (released Tuesday, but I got the special B&N edition bc I wanted the bonus short story at the end, arrived today!! It is definitely my next read. I’ve been waiting for this conclusion!
- Rain After Fire: A Fake Relationship Romance (Balsam Ridge Book 3) by Amber Kelly <— STARTING OVER IN A SMALL TOWN… “…Balsam Ridge, Tennessee is a little slice of paradise and nothing like the busy city that I’m accustomed to. With its idyllic setting, friendly strangers, and slower pace, a girl could easily be charmed into letting her walls down. It was only going to be a stop on my journey. A respite while I figured out my next move, and catching feelings for the confident and sexy local Fire Chief, Corbin Tuttle, was not part of the plan. It was supposed to be a game. A hoax. A brief fling to help him break a toxic cycle…”
- A Contracted Spouse For the Prizefighter by Alice Coldbreath <— RECENT RELEASE & JAN LOVED THIS ONE!!
Jan: I just read a new HR that came out a few days ago, and really liked it. A Contracted Spouse For the Prizefighter by Alice Coldbreath. Fresh and original, and about the lower/middle classes with not a duke in sight LOL. Makes a nice change.
In spite of the title, it’s not about prizefighting (the hero USED to be a prizefighter). It’s set in the boisterous world of saucy music hall theatre in London in the Victorian era, and the heroine is a male impersonator/comedian. Very interesting, enjoyable and somewhat steamy read.
Mony: Sounds really good Jan. I’ve been wanting to get to that whole series. Thanks for the rec!
- The Do Over by TL Swan <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE LEONIE IS LOVING IT!!
Leonie: I am 20% into reading The Do Over by Tl Swan and I am loving it, I am laughing out loud
Maryse: YAY Leonie!!!!!! I can’t wait to hear what you think of it once finished. I LOVE excellent starts!
Mony: Looking forward to reading this one! Loved that series!
Kristie: TL Swan never disappoints! It was great!
Susan: amen girlie!!
Kristie: I’m Tristan is still my favorite! But he was up there! 🙂
- The Lies I Tell by Julie Clark <— TASHA J LOVED THIS ONE!
Tasha J: I recently finished The Lies I Tell and LOVED it! I totally just picked the thinnest book off my physical tbr (I’m feeling pretty overwhelmed over here 😅) and am so glad it exceeded my expectations. I totally could have read it in a couple days if not for life getting in the way, lol.
I hadn’t realized the author also wrote The Last Flight bc I hadn’t read the synopsis since before I bought it, but I have it and remember now hearing a lot of buzz about that one so I am looking forward to digging in!
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Sinners of Saint by L J Shen <— AIMEE RECOMMENDS THESE!!
Aimee: That whole series, Sinners of Saint by L J Shen are rereads!!! I absolutely loved them!!! The covers are swoon worthy If you have a chance to listen to the audible versions it’s a must!!!
Also All Saints High by her is also my favorites. The first one was a bully romance, Pretty Reckless
- Bitter Sweet Heart by H. Hunting and Helena Hunting
- Mafia Vows: Standalone Fake Marriage Romance (Arranged Marriage Book 6) by L. Steele
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Almost Beautiful by Jamie McGuire | Sep 6, 2022
- Something Beautiful: A Small Town Brother’s Best Friend Romance (The Blisswood Brothers Book 4) by Evey Lyon | Sep 6, 2022
- Latte Darling: Book Two of The Darling Series by S.J. Tilly | Sep 6, 2022
- Rebel: An opposites-attract boarding school romance (The Boys of Welles Book 2) by Ginger Scott | Sep 8, 2022
- The Revenge (an Insiders Novel) by Tijan – September 13th 2022
- Marple: Twelve New Mysteries (Miss Marple Mysteries) by Agatha Christie *and 12 authors* – September 13th 2022
- Gotta Be Bayou (Badges of the Bayou): an enemies to lovers, stand-alone small town rom com by Erin Nicholas | September 13, 2022
- Typecast: A Novel by Andrea J. Stein | Sep 13, 2022
- Only Coworkers (Only You Book 2) by Charity Ferrell | Sep 13, 2022
- Pieces of a Life: Colten & Josie: Part One (Life Series Duet Book 1) by Jewel E. Ann | Sep 13, 2022
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!