EEEEEEEP!!! Friday the 13th AND a full moon today? Everyone be on your guard. 😉 Although if you’re hoping to find a real-life vampire or shifter hero for your heart, maybe today is your lucky day!? Maybe they do exist? *snort* And even if they don’t, we can take comfort (and at least feel the love) with our beloved romance books… paranormal or otherwise.
P.S. Hear Ye!! Hear Ye!!!!! Yesterday (and today and ALL weekend) was/is AMY’S BIRTHDAY!!!!!! 😀 !!! Happy birthday Amy!!!!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- One Shameless Night: A Stand Alone Enemies To Lovers Single Dad Romance (The West Sisters Novel Book 2) by A.M. Hargrove <— RECENT RELEASE & HOW DID I MISS THIS ONE?? She fell for him on a flight but then they HATED each other... “…We lost ourselves in one another during those long hours in the air. He was a dream come true. Or so I thought. Professor McJerk had changed from the man I’d met on the plane. This cold, arrogant, and rude version introduced a new level of torture into my life. We became archenemies as insults flew between us. But a chink in my armor appeared in the form of a three-foot mini version of the man I’d grown to despise. Alessandro’s son was his complete opposite...”
- The Silent Wife: A Novel by A.S.A. Harrison <— PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN (US) AND IT’S going to be a movie!! I just one-clicked it SO HARD!! Their marriage is falling apart… “...He is a committed cheater. She lives and breathes denial. He exists in dual worlds. She likes to settle scores. He decides to play for keeps. She has nothing left to lose. Told in alternating voices, The Silent Wife is about a marriage in the throes of dissolution, a couple headed for catastrophe, concessions that can’t be made, and promises that won’t be kept…“
- Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart Book 3) by A.L. Jackson <— MARY ANN WANTS TO PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE!!
Mary Ann: I am reading pieces of us by A.L. Jackson. I want to punch him in the face!!! Past 63% and it made me cry!!! Gah…I love it!
Maryse: GASP!!! I LOVE that reaction. I wonder what it was?? Don’t tell me!!! Sounds like my kind of read…
- The Billionaire Book Club by Max Monroe <— MAX MONROE’S LATEST COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!! “…The endless women and work are no longer enough, and just as Ruby Rockford told me—it’s about time I grow up. It’s going to take a strategic attack from more than a couple brilliant minds to win her affection, but luckily, I know exactly where to find the right guys for the job… The Billionaire Book Club. It’s safe to say that I, Caplin Hawkins, the man most women would call The Ultimate Player, have finally met my match, and man oh man, has my end game changed. I’m coming for you, Ruby. And soon, you’ll be coming for me, too….”
- Bishop’s Play: Broken Bows MC by Kerri Ann
- Entangled in Them: A Dark Reverse Harem Romance (Dirty Twisted Love Book 1) by Marissa Farrar
- All The Forbidden Things by Lesley Jones <— LESLEY JONES ALERT!! FORBIDDENY!!! HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND IS A MARRIED ROCK STAR… She’s known him ALL her life… “…Now, he’s one of rock’s bad-boys trying to be good. Trying to be the best father he can for his daughter. He’s my brother’s best friend. He’s my boss. He has a wife. Max isn’t mine to have, but I want him all the same…”
Nay: …want to start All the Forbidden Things by Lesley Jones. … Maryse–All The Forbidden Things by Lesley Jones was released today! And it sounds SO good!
- Accidental Rebel: A Marriage Mistake Romance by Nicole Snow <— GRUMPY SINGLE FATHER ALERT!! “…Accidentally hitched to a dream. Now for the catch…I didn’t even say “I do.” One crank call and I’m insta-wife to a tattooed behemoth and mother to his kids. He’s paying my idiot boss a fortune for the perfect lie. Because trouble found Miller Rush, and he found me…”
- The Second Wife (The Second Wife Series Book 1) by Kishan Paul <— I’ve been eyeing this one and Nancy found it for us on a super-deal!!!
Nancy: THE SECOND WIFE by Kishan Paul is now FREE! It is a dark read & comes with warnings.
- The Night Olivia Fell by Christina McDonald <— TWISTY SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! THIS ONE SOUNDS AMAZING!!!! “...Abi Knight is startled awake by the phone call no mother ever wants to get: her teenage daughter Olivia has fallen off a bridge. Not only is Olivia brain dead, she’s pregnant and must remain on life support to keep her baby alive. And then Abi sees the angry bruises circling Olivia’s wrists...”
Kat: Loved this one! I absolutely could not put it down. Didn’t figure out the twist either.
Maryse: YAY!!!!! I’m gonna one-click it!! 😀
- Hate the Game by Holly Hall <— HER NEIGHBOR TURNS HER INTO A FUMBLING MESS… “…My gorgeous neighbor turns me into a fumbling mess, and I don’t exactly match the leggy, model-types I’ve seen him with. Despite the fact that we’re total opposites, our chemistry is almost hot enough to convince me to give the dating game another shot...”
- Silver Brewer: The Silver Foxes of Blue Ridge by L.B. Dunbar <— SHE WANTS HIS LAND BUT HE HAS A CONDITION FOR HER… “...He’s a war hero, a widower, and COO for the family brewing company, but his life lacks spontaneity. Then, she arrives, chirping away at him, roaming his body with those sky-blue eyes, and negotiating for something he won’t put a price on. Too bad his heart is immediately sold...”
Pam: I was honoured with ARC’s for both Hit&Run by Freya Barker and Silver Brewer by L.B. Dunbar. I completely enjoyed both books. A great start to a new series for Ms. Barker with some fabulous new characters you are going to love. Ms. Dunbar has me intrigued and I am headed back to read the missed book of the series.
- Ruin Me: The Summer of Secrets: Part 1 by Christina Hart <— Part 1 of The Summer of Secrets Series. It is a 30k-word novella, and can be read as a complete standalone, or as the first part of the interconnected series. P.S. The next two books in the series are just below. 😀
- Hate Me: The Summer of Secrets: Part 2 by Cynthia A. Rodriguez
- Teach Me: The Summer of Secrets: Part 3 by J.R. Rogue
- Captivating In Love (The Maverick Billionaires) by Bella Andre & Jennifer Skully <— HER BEST FRIEND’S OLDER BROTHER ALERT!!! “…When Rosie and Gideon agree to take care of Matt and Ari’s son, Noah, while the couple is on their honeymoon, they have no idea of the havoc two matchmaking little boys can create. Not to mention the steamy kisses that Rosie and Gideon can’t help but steal from each other as their connection deepens and grows. But when mother and son are threatened, Gideon will stop at nothing to protect them...”
- Terror (The Hordesmen Book 2) by Milana Jacks <— SCI-FI!!! “…Terror Hordesman came. With flowers. Red roses. He came, he marked me, and he moved into my house. This is bad. Very bad. Because, I’m funding the Betaren project he’s trying to destroy. If he finds out, I fear, he’ll kill me…“
- Another (A Surprise Pregnancy Romance) by Fiona Cole
- By Fate (Accidental Billionaires Book 1) by SJ Abbott
- Vicious: An Irish Mafia Romance (Wild Irish Book 1) by Vi Carter
- Bound by the Yakuza: A Japanese Mafia Bad Boy Romance (Yakuza Bad Boys Book 3) by Ariel London
- I Hate You: Bully Academy Dark Romance (A Bad Boy Bullied Romance Book 1) by Lexy Timms <— MEAN GIRL BULLIES ALERT!!! THEY BULLY HIM! “...Three dates. That’s all it took. Three dates with one of their girls and my entire college experience is flushed down the toilet. Forget the public dumping. Forget the humiliating tactics to ruin my reputation. They keep coming for me. Keep gunning for me. Keep wanting to ruin my life. And now, I find myself wrapped up in another one of their girls. A sweet, innocent, doe-eyed girl...”
- The Escape Room: A Novel by Megan Goldin <— RECENTLY RELEASE PSYCH-THRILLER and Nay has feedback!!
Nay: I finally finished The Escape Room and I really enjoyed it. It was completely different from what I expected–it didn’t have as much of an escape room as a game feel as I expected, but there’s a definite cleverness to it, even if you may have to suspend belief a bit here and there.
- Fractured Rhythm (Steelwolf Book 1) by Stephanie Kay <— ROCK STAR SHATTERED HER HEART… “…Cassie’s built a new life in New York and puts her heart into her career as the youngest culinary producer for Scrumptious. She’s not prepared to wander into some dive bar and see the man who broke her heart all those years ago. Sebastian Wolfgang Clark, lead guitarist of Steelwolf, had played her body like a fine instrument and made her heart sing before he’d shattered it...”
- Remember Me: A Second Chance Romance by Nelle L’Amour <— P.S. Here’s part one —>Remember Me: Part One
- The Aftermath (Love In Chaos Book 2) by Amy Matayo
- Valkyrie’s Harem: Paranormal Romance (Academy of Immortals Book 1) by Angel Lawson <— REVERSE HAREM ALERT!!! “...Life after defeating the Morrigan isn’t the same. Not for Morgan and the Raven Guard, not for the six, sexy, Immortals freed from servitude and living in the Nead’s basement. And especially not me, a Valkyrie, stricken with grief and loss…“
- Roses and Revenants: A Dark Paranormal Reverse Harem Romance (The House of Mirrors Book 1) by Cate Corvin <— REVERSE HAREM ALERT!!!
- Ruthless Idols: A Paranormal High School Bully Romance (Gifted Academy Book 2) by Michelle Hercules <— BULLY ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Emergence: a vampire reverse harem series (Sever the Crown Book 1) by Mysti Parker & Lindsey R. Loucks
- He’s Mine Not Hers by Gianni Holmes <— M/M COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!! HE’S HIS MOM’S BEST FRIEND BUT… “…My mom and I are pretty close, but things are about to get dicey. You see she’s got something that I want. A delicious package of six-feet-two-inches of solid muscle that I’ve been fantasizing about since I was fourteen. Eww, not my Dad. Gross. But her lifelong bestie, her newly engaged fiancé. I have two weeks to convince mom to cut it with the shenanigans because Lucas is mine…“
- Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain Series Book 2) by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY 5-STAR FAVORITE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! And Kat found it for us!!! 😀
Kat: Is this your favorite Kristen Ashley novel? It’s on sale for $1.99. I’m going to 1 click cause I’m almost positive you recommended it
Maryse: YESSS!! My absolute favorite of all her books (and “Mystery Man”). MUST READ!!!! 😀
- Seekers of the Star (The Echantment Star Series Book 2) by Tess Stuart <— MUST BE READ IN ORDER!! Continue the journey of The Enchantment Star and those who seek to wield its power or destroy it forever…”…Imprisoned in her own palace, Queen Lyra plots her escape to seek the powerful Star the evil Lord Adriel has transported through time and space in his last act of revenge…”
- KATHERINE ASHE HISTORICAL ROMANCE SUPER-BARGAINS!! Caroline found them for us!
Caroline: Katherine Ashe is another historical author I’d recommend. She has a few books on sale:
- Her Perfect: A Student-Teacher Romance by Stephie Walls <— FORBIDDENY!!! Mona recommends it!!! 😀
Mona: I finished Her Perfect by Stephie Walls last night and loved it! It is a forbidden teacher/student story (she’s 18 and he’s 24). Colbie is the only female of seven siblings, with three older and three younger brothers. They are a typical southern, football loving family and all the males play football. Colbie is pretty invisible to her family and has issues.
It is so much more than the usual teacher/student book. It is angsty and I teared up a couple of times. It is told from both POV’s.
- Thrown Off the Ice by Taylor Fitzpatrick <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! Donna recommends this one!!
Donna: I read Thrown Off the Ice by Taylor Fitzpatrick. A M/M hockey romance. This book wrecked me! Still thinking about it days later. Beautiful, unforgettable love story. 5+ stars!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial)
- The Whisper Man by Alex North <— CREEP-FACTOR ALERT!!! NAY 5-STARRED IT!!
Nay: I finished The Whisper Man, and I loved it, but I think I enjoyed it more for the study of its characters (I can’t say more than that, but when you read it, you’ll know what I mean) than the actual thriller aspect, which was still very good. There were a couple of surprises and I loved the creepy factor!
The narration was top-notch–I rarely dislike British male narrators. It was a solid 4-star read for me (maybe 4-1/2) and I can see why many have 5-starred it.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Hit&Run (PASS Series Book 1) by Freya Barker – September 16th 2019
- Beard with Me (Winston Brothers Book 6) by Penny Reid – September 16th 2019
- Rustic Hearts (Poplar Falls Book 1) by Amber Kelly – September 16th 2019
- One Woman (Naked Trilogy Book 2) by Lisa Renee Jones – September 17th 2019
- The Love Trap (Quicksilver Book 3) by Nicole French – September 17th 2019
- Bride of Fire (The Warrior Daughters of Rivenloch Book 1) by Glynnis Campbell – September 17th 2019
- The Stranger Inside: A Novel by Lisa Unger – September 17th 2019
- The Lies We Tell (The Undertaker’s Daughter) by Debra Webb – September 17th 2019
- Elevator Pitch: A Novel by Linwood Barclay – September 17th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).