HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!! It’s time to fire up the latest “Friday Book Finds” and I’m still working on these as we speak (so keep checking back, and if you have one for me, let me know and I’ll add it!)
Right off the bat I’m starting us with a HUGE deal that can’t be missed. Mind you, I’m already a member of both, so I can’t get in on this, but maybe you can? ➔➔➔ THREE MONTHS FREE (Audible & Amazon Music)
Also… don’t forget to check out today’s Friday Finds newsletter sponsor (and trust me… this book sounds right up our marital strife… danger-zone angsty alley!!!! I want to read this HARD!!) ➔➔➔ Marital Strife Alert!! Rachel Blaufeld’s “Faded Sunset” is live, and she’s sent over fun facts + she’s giving away a signed copy!!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ THREE MONTHS FREE (Audible & Amazon Music) <— WOW!!! 😮 🤩
- Shattered Chords: A Rockstar Romance (The Encore Book 3) by N.N. Britt <— LIVE!! N.N. BRITT ROCK STAR ALERT!! AND SHE’S A SINGLE MOM!! “…At thirty-four, Camille Rockwell thinks she has it all figured out. As a successful businesswoman and a busy single mom, she swore off men years ago and isn’t looking for a relationship. That is, until reformed bad boy rock star Dante Martinez buys her fifteen-year-old daughter an expensive gift at a local guitar shop and offers to be her tutor. Dante’s instantly smitten with the feisty, overprotective redhead…”
- My Sweet Girl by Amanda Jayatissa <— TASHA J 5-STARRED THIS ONE!!
Tasha J: I’m still reading My Sweet Girl. About to the halfway mark. I’m enjoying it. I like the flashbacks to Sri Lanka more than present day, I think. The girl is so jaded and has a foul mouth. It’s off putting. I read a review recently that said it was like a mix of Broken Girls (loved) and Girl on a Train (never read) and I’m hoping it’s a win for me.
Tasha J: I finished Sweet Girl. Took longer than I’d wanted, but I gave it 5⭐️. I could totally see why this book could be hit or miss for some people, but for me it was a hit. The last 3rd probably cemented that rating more than the lead up. Maybe 4.5⭐️…bc of my previous complaints. But, that punch. It got me.
- The Virgin Replay (Rules of Love Book 3) by Lauren Blakely <— LIVE!! LAUREN BLAKELY FAKE ROMANCE ALERT!! AND THEY ARE BOOKED INTO THE SAME ROOM… “…Then, the hotel books us into the same suite. Which means she’s showering near me, putting on itty bitty bikinis in the same room, sliding into that king-size bed wearing only a black lace cami. But I resist…until the night she tells me she’s been waiting for me to be her first...”
- Queen of Anarchy (Dirty Broken Savages Book 2) by Eva Ashwood <— LIVE!!
- Tagging Up (Callahan Family Book 5) by Carrie Aarons <— LIVE!!
- Spell Hound: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel (A Witch in Wolf Wood Book 2) by Lindsay Buroker <— LIVE!!
- The Royals Next Door by Karina Halle <— KATHY LOVED THIS ONE!!
Kathy: Just finished The Royals Next Door by Karina Halle and really enjoyed it. It kept me sane over the last week when I had to fly up to Spokane to take care of my college son (yes, just two weeks into college) who broke his wrist and needed emergency surgery…
- Queen of Anarchy (Dirty Broken Savages Book 2) by Eva Ashwood <— LIVE!!
- The Dragon’s Daughter and the Winter Mage: An Epic Fantasy Romance (Heirs of Magic Book 3) by Jeffe Kennedy <— LIVE!!
- The Songbook of Benny Lament: A Novel by Amy Harmon <— AMY HARMON SALE!!
Michele G: Last night I finished Amy Harmon’s The Songbook of Benny Lament….again…what a story!!! I love Amy Harmon’s writing anyway, but this one was really something special! I highly recommend!
- Broken Beasts of Beauty: A Dark, RH, PNR, Romance (Sinister Fairytales) by Loxley Savage <— LIVE!!
- Dance with the Demon: A Paranormal Urban Fantasy Romance (Deals with Demons Book 2) by Stacia Stark <— LIVE!!
- Out on a Limb (Scandal in Sweet Side – A Hot and Hazardous Romantic Comedy Book 2) by Josie Watts <— LIVE!!
- Scoring Beauty: (BTU Alumni #6- A Romantic Comedy Sports Romance) by Alley Ciz <— LIVE!! SINGLE MOM & THE HOCKEY STAR!! “…It should have been a simple cross-country move. Instead, it sent me crashing—quite literally—into the captain of Coach’s new hockey team. Did I mention he was half-naked when it happened?..”
- Chosen by the Devil (Unruly Gods Book 2) by Milly Taiden and Kala Aster <— LIVE!!
- The Jock Script : Nerd/Jock MM Romance (The Script Club Book 3) by Lane Hayes <— LIVE!!
- Sniper (Heroes MC Fort Hood 3): MC Romance Age Gap by Autumn Summers <— LIVE!!
- The Beauty Who Loved Him (The Beast of Moscow Book 3) by Bethany-Kris <— LIVE!!
- Destined: A Wolf Shifter Romance (A Way With Wolves Book 1) by Chloe Kent <— LIVE!!
- Bright Midnight: A Second-Chance Romance by Karina Halle <— KARINA HALLE SUPER-BARGAIN & IT WAS THE ANSWER TO ONE OF OUR READER QUESTIONS!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE!! “…After years of bartending her way across Europe, Shay Lavji has seen almost everything the continent has to offer, but there’s one country she hasn’t crossed off her bucket list yet: Norway. It’s not that she doesn’t want to visit the land of the midnight sun–far from it; she’s obsessed with the culture and is dying to see the majestic fjords for herself. What she’s not dying to do is run into her Norwegian ex-boyfriend, Anders Johansson...”
- No Peeking by Ki Brightly <— M/M ROMANCE!! <— LIVE!!
- Bailey (Untamed Sons MC Book 7) by Jessica Ames <— LIVE!!
- Sixteen Summers by Caitlin Moss <— LINDA LOVED IT!!
Linda: Just finished Sixteen Summers by Caitlin Moss. I always try to go in blind when I choose my reads. Therefore I keep my words minimal and I just sound repetitious with my recommendations!! This. Book. Was. Amazing!!
My ONLY complaint is I prefer dual perspectives but I know that’s not an issue for most of you. All the feels. Loved it!!
- The Burning Girls by C. J. Tudor <— THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN!!!
Michele G: Maryse, I finished The Burning Girls and definitely recommend it. I’ll be giving it 4 1/2 stars. It was a creative and creepy book with a strong plot. I really enjoyed it! …The creep factor is absolutely there and I love it!!
- The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood <— LISA C LOVED IT TOO!!
Lisa C: I just finished The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood. I’m pretty sure Tasha recommended it maybe?????
I have not gotten into a book this well in awhile. Slow burn deliciousness!!!!!!!! The writing is very good. It’s a fake dating trope but it was done so well. I loved the academia background of the story. Made it so interesting. All the h’s POV!!!!!! Oh and it makes you wonder what he’s thinking big time.
I borrowed it from the library but I kinda want to read it again. I loved it that much!!!!!!!
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover <— THIS ONE GOT AIMEE GOOD!!
Aimee: I also listened to It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover on audible. It was really good.. trigger warning with that one if anyone was ever abused. It had me with anxiety and left me wondering how it worked out in the long run with certain characters…
Maryse: I loved that one! And yes it was extremely painful at times.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Truth or Dare (Dare to Try Book 3) by Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine – September 27th 2021
- Mama’s Boy (Last Man Standing Book 1) by Avery Flynn – September 27th 2021
- Court (Crave Book 4) by Tracy Wolff – September 28th 2021
- Tangled Up in You by Liz Maverick – September 28th 2021
- The Last Graduate: A Novel (The Scholomance Book 2) by Naomi Novik – September 28th 2021
- Spark (Steel Brothers Saga Book 19) by Helen Hardt – September 28th 2021
- The Christmas Wedding Guest: A Novel by Susan Mallery – September 28th 2021
- Mile High with a Vampire (An Argeneau Novel Book 33) by Lynsay Sands – September 28th 2021
- Bachelor on Mars by Leigh Wyndfield – September 28th 2021
- The Wish by Nicholas Sparks – September 28th 2021
- Don’t Look Now by Mary Burton – September 28th 2021
- Last Seen Alone by Laura Griffin – September 28th 2021
- Cruel Surrender (Angels Halo MC Next Gen Book 8) by Terri Anne Browning – September 28th 2021
- Wild Heart (Dirty Wild Book 3) by Laurelin Paige – September 28th 2021
- The Duchess Hunt (Once Upon a Dukedom Book 2) by Lorraine Heath – September 28th 2021
- A Yuletide Kiss by Madeline Hunter, Sabrina Jeffries, Mary Jo Putney – September 28th 2021
- Fated Hearts (Southern Bride Book 8) by Kelly Elliott – September 28th 2021
- Eight Perfect Hours: A Novel by Lia Louis – September 28th 2021
- More Than Possess You: A More Than Words Novella by Shayla Black – September 28th 2021
- Blood Bound (A Dark Cartel Romance) (Dinero de Sangre Book 3) by Lana Sky – September 30th 2021
- The HellBeast’s Fight (The HellBeast King Book 2) by Stephanie Hudson – September 30th 2021
- Hotshot and Hospitality: A Friends to Lovers Small Town Romance (Green Valley Library Book 8) and Nora Everly – September 30th 2021
- Wicked Daddy: A Dark Captive Mafia Romance (Boston Mafia Dons) by Bianca Cole – September 30th 2021
- King of Midnight: A Midnight Breed Novel by Lara Adrian – September 30th 2021
- The Twelve Horizons of Charlie – Jade by Melody Anne – September 30th 2021
- The Widow Maker: A Dark Forced Marriage Cartel Romance (Dark Vows Duet Book 2) by Kendall Hawkins and Isabella Starling – September 30th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!